The Glittering Garnet Cafe

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: The Glittering Garnet Cafe

Post by Morty »

bc56 wrote: Aug 24, 2022 4:43 am "Most immortals I know keep it on the down low. Correct me if I'm wrong, but usually they don't want tons of people begging them for the secret of eternal life."
Jason comments, "You almost make me think you're the girl in the legend, trying to spread your own fame." The comment is clearly meant in jest, he doesn't seriously believe that.
"If they asked me for immortality, I fear I would have nothing to give them." There's a glint in Askeladd's eyes. "It would be quite the feat of shapeshifting to go from a young woman to an ageing, bearded man like myself, no? Or illusion, perhaps."

Tags:
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Morty wrote: Aug 24, 2022 7:11 pm "If they asked me for immortality, I fear I would have nothing to give them." There's a glint in Askeladd's eyes. "It would be quite the feat of shapeshifting to go from a young woman to an ageing, bearded man like myself, no? Or illusion, perhaps."
"Not that impressive. Not for here. People change appearance frequently hereabouts, often drastically. It's not unheard of for someone to be a human one day and a dragon the next. My sister has the worst luck with those sorts of things. But sex changes are relatively minor, comparatively. That's still discounting the very mundane possibility that you changed the figure in the story to a girl when it was actually a boy. If that were the case, I wouldn't know, since I've never heard the original." he laughs, "But I get your point."
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Beans wrote: Aug 24, 2022 12:41 pm Evie nods. "Oh yeah, I keep getting ads for it. Guess I do have the time, after all, I'll have to look into it..."

She looks out over the cafe. "Why'd you start a cafe, by the way?"
"Oh, I-, I mean, you know, um," Sally is actually just . . . perking her ears up slightly (clearly visible at the way they slightly swivel and twitch adorably), to the pair sharing stories. There's clearly . . . something in there that has her interested. "I mean. Um. Um. I just . . . I like making drinks for people. And snacks. And roasting coffee is a lot of fun. And I love meeting people! And this . . . well . . . this . . . seemed a good place to kinda do all those things, you know? Eventually maybe if I can I wanna branch out and like, have little games and things around people could use if they wanna!"
Beans
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Beans »

Evie smiles, watching her talk and leaning her chin on one hand. "You've got real cute goals, y'know that? Cute and unselfish." She glances at where the two story-sharers are sitting. "Looks like they're havin' a chill hang. And it's a chill hang you made happen, kinda, ain't it?" She turns back to her new boss.
Morty

Post by Morty »

bc56 wrote: Aug 24, 2022 10:27 pm "Not that impressive. Not for here. People change appearance frequently hereabouts, often drastically. It's not unheard of for someone to be a human one day and a dragon the next. My sister has the worst luck with those sorts of things. But sex changes are relatively minor, comparatively. That's still discounting the very mundane possibility that you changed the figure in the story to a girl when it was actually a boy. If that were the case, I wouldn't know, since I've never heard the original." he laughs, "But I get your point."
"An astute observation again. Whenever you hear a story, consider who tells it and why." Askeladd nods. "It is true that sex changes are minor in the grand scheme of things. It would be easier, perhaps, for me to become a large, grey-haired woman than a short and frail man. Suddenly becoming a dragon, however... that would be a feat. Or possibly an incident. What happened to your sister, if you don't mind my asking?"
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Morty wrote: Aug 25, 2022 8:12 pm "An astute observation again. Whenever you hear a story, consider who tells it and why." Askeladd nods. "It is true that sex changes are minor in the grand scheme of things. It would be easier, perhaps, for me to become a large, grey-haired woman than a short and frail man. Suddenly becoming a dragon, however... that would be a feat. Or possibly an incident. What happened to your sister, if you don't mind my asking?"
"She tells it better than I do, she lived it," Jason clarifies (he only knows about most of it secondhand), "But she had a series of run-ins with supernatural beings that wound up changing her species against her will. She's been a human, a centaur, a harpy, and three different kinds of magical fox."
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Beans wrote: Aug 25, 2022 12:34 pm Evie smiles, watching her talk and leaning her chin on one hand. "You've got real cute goals, y'know that? Cute and unselfish." She glances at where the two story-sharers are sitting. "Looks like they're havin' a chill hang. And it's a chill hang you made happen, kinda, ain't it?" She turns back to her new boss.
Sally's blush is one best described as Nuclear, as her face turns such a bright red. "Alsdlkfjsdeka" She somehow . . . says? Intones? Mumbles incoherently? "T-t-thaaaank.
And yeah- yeah! They're . . . having a good time. Just heard a few things I was curious on. It's fiiiiine."
Sally nods a few times, her dark blue hair bouncing around her shoulders, before she reaches one hand with her slender fingers up to brush a few errant locks out of her face. "Sooooo. Ummmmmmmm. I guess . . . do you have any questions for your boss? About work? Or . . . I dunno I'm . . . not good at small talk?"
Beans

Post by Beans »

Evie chuckles softly. "Hey, you're doin' fine, boss. Small talk is weird, an' if everyone was good at it we'd all probably waste a lot more time." She leans over to pat Sally's hand. "Not a lot to ask about work---how'bout where you're from, if you don't mind?"
Morty

Post by Morty »

bc56 wrote: Aug 25, 2022 9:35 pm

"She tells it better than I do, she lived it," Jason clarifies (he only knows about most of it secondhand), "But she had a series of run-ins with supernatural beings that wound up changing her species against her will. She's been a human, a centaur, a harpy, and three different kinds of magical fox."
Askeladd blinks. This managed to surprise him.

"It appears there is a story there. But one that is best left discreet. Another thing a conscientious storyteller should keep in mind. Are capricious and powerful supernatural beings a problem in these parts?"
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Morty wrote: Aug 26, 2022 6:07 pm Askeladd blinks. This managed to surprise him.

"It appears there is a story there. But one that is best left discreet. Another thing a conscientious storyteller should keep in mind. Are capricious and powerful supernatural beings a problem in these parts?"
"Sometimes. Some people seem to attract their attention more than others, like my sister." Jason isn't sure what makes some people victims of supernatural weirdness and not others. He's fine, for instance, but his twin sister's not, and he doesn't know what causes that.
Morty

Post by Morty »

"I've met my share of capricious supernatural entities," Askeladd admits. "They're often attracted to people who make for... entertaining targets. But sometimes their motives are difficult for humans to grasp. Perhaps I should stay alert in case I attract their attention." Though he has little fear of transformations in particular.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Morty wrote: Aug 26, 2022 10:18 pm "I've met my share of capricious supernatural entities," Askeladd admits. "They're often attracted to people who make for... entertaining targets. But sometimes their motives are difficult for humans to grasp. Perhaps I should stay alert in case I attract their attention." Though he has little fear of transformations in particular.
"If you're looking for stories, it might be better to attract their attention. I'm sure they would have tons to tell. Immortal beings who like meddling in human affairs tend to cause stories, right?" Jason's glad he hasn't had to deal with the amount of weird things that happen to Jade, although it does mean his life is relatively boring.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Beans wrote: Aug 26, 2022 1:56 pm Evie chuckles softly. "Hey, you're doin' fine, boss. Small talk is weird, an' if everyone was good at it we'd all probably waste a lot more time." She leans over to pat Sally's hand. "Not a lot to ask about work---how'bout where you're from, if you don't mind?"
"I-" Sally pauses to purse her lips. And then frown. Then purse her lips again. Then kinda make that squinty-thinky-face with her mouth kind of pouted to one side. "Hmmmmmm. That's a good point. But it's still a good skill to learn I think! You're smart." Sally, finally reaching her decision, nods.

"Oh? Where am I from? Ummmm. HALO?" She scritchies her head a few times. "Honestly I just kinda . . . that's my oldest memory. Hanging out there, stealing frozen pizzas, sleeping in the freezer . . . Then something something and I fell asleep for a while. And then I woke up! Really rested! And like . . . apparently several years later? I guess? And can apparently turn into a human now so like . . . that's new."
. . .
Sally has the loosest definition of 'human'.
Terumitsu
Fresh Baby Poster

Post by Terumitsu »

Sliibee wrote: Aug 03, 2022 6:45 pm Slightly hesitant at first, the raven allows the contact and tilts his head sideways into the touch, ruffling his feathers briefly to allow those cooling fingers to run between them. Perhaps unaware of the multifarious whims of fate being rewritten over his head, perhaps just unconcerned, he pries off a bite of cinnamon sweet and begins to indulge.

But the tail's braided fingers do not come away unscathed either, bits of purple-black shadow clinging to them as they are dislodged from the raven's feathery cloak. They quickly freeze to the icy fur, forming crystalline shards of glimmering black snow that shatters at the slightest touch and floats harmlessly in the air around the two. As the air darkens and chills with their presence, the bauble the fox received shines brighter than before, glowing fiercer the colder it becomes. Perhaps not equivalent to a smattering of favorable fortune, but a comfort in dark times all the same. And very shiny, as the raven has a hard time not turning his head to capture the trinket with one gimlet eye every time it twinkles.

The sparkling, black splinters of gemlike shadow drift slowly back onto the raven and the table around, sublimating into nothing as they fall. "Rrk," the raven utters in thanks, muffled by a beakful of goodness.
Oooh! The fox was more than happy with the result of this trade and gave out a squeaky sort of "Aah!" that sounded similar to the noise a canine might make while yawning before holding the bauble before it's face and peering deeply. A quick chase of the tail around in a circle in playful glee before stopping and giving what could only be called a full body tail wag and then bounding back to it's preferred space. It was a good trade, it seems, but mostly they seemed happy that they had made someone else happy.

Also, there was a snack to have and goodness it really spoke to this being an odd fox that they could hold off on immediate snacks when they were right there, after all. The hand unbraided itself but still the glittering stone flickered as the frosted fox wore the trinket with pride. And maybe occasionally held it up when it knew the shop's draconic owner was looking to show it off a bit.
Beans

Post by Beans »

Mee wrote: Sep 04, 2022 7:36 am "I-" Sally pauses to purse her lips. And then frown. Then purse her lips again. Then kinda make that squinty-thinky-face with her mouth kind of pouted to one side. "Hmmmmmm. That's a good point. But it's still a good skill to learn I think! You're smart." Sally, finally reaching her decision, nods.

"Oh? Where am I from? Ummmm. HALO?" She scritchies her head a few times. "Honestly I just kinda . . . that's my oldest memory. Hanging out there, stealing frozen pizzas, sleeping in the freezer . . . Then something something and I fell asleep for a while. And then I woke up! Really rested! And like . . . apparently several years later? I guess? And can apparently turn into a human now so like . . . that's new."
. . .
Sally has the loosest definition of 'human'.
Evie tilts her head. "Huh, think I've heard of HALO. That sounds like a weird nap, but seems like no harm done, so hey." She shrugs. "Wouldn't sleep in a freezer myself, but to each their own, y'know? And turning into a human sounds like it's got its uses." She wonders what Sally would look like in what she calls a human shape.
Sliibee

Post by Sliibee »

Terumitsu wrote: Sep 04, 2022 2:25 pm Oooh! The fox was more than happy with the result of this trade and gave out a squeaky sort of "Aah!" that sounded similar to the noise a canine might make while yawning before holding the bauble before it's face and peering deeply. A quick chase of the tail around in a circle in playful glee before stopping and giving what could only be called a full body tail wag and then bounding back to it's preferred space. It was a good trade, it seems, but mostly they seemed happy that they had made someone else happy.

Also, there was a snack to have and goodness it really spoke to this being an odd fox that they could hold off on immediate snacks when they were right there, after all. The hand unbraided itself but still the glittering stone flickered as the frosted fox wore the trinket with pride. And maybe occasionally held it up when it knew the shop's draconic owner was looking to show it off a bit.
Well with his fun new friend apparently content to curl back up and have a doze, the raven is left a bit perplexed for what to do. There's nearly two cookies here, more than even a quite large bird's stomach should handle, and while an intelligent, easily bored avian would usually just pester whatever had caught their attention into continuing to amuse them, he seems more intelligent than most and has possibly learned the meaning of discretion.

Or perhaps he just tired of the game as well. Nonetheless, there was something he could do to solve both the lack of interaction and the abundance of food. There were all sorts of featherless bipeds around, so when in a cafe in Rome...

Shadow slips up from under the table's underside as he hops forward to the edge, half a snickerdoodle still in his beak. As the darkness rises to meet him the raven hops off the surface into it, and the avian claws that left the table become small, sandal-clad feet before hitting the floor. The man who stands up from this change hasn't entirely lost his feathers, a thick down of bluish purple midnight quills taking the place his hair would be. He's relatively short and bronze skinned where it shows around his light pink shirt and dark blue shorts, and has the same piercingly yellow eyes he had before changing. And the same piece of cookie dangling from his lips as he wanders up to the counter.

"The cookies are very... good. Do you bake them here?" He asks the dragon proprietress, talking around the treat before finally breaking off another piece to swallow.
I'm only here for the cabaret
Avatar by Soushiyo (Artist does NSFW material)
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Terumitsu wrote: Sep 04, 2022 2:25 pm Oooh! The fox was more than happy with the result of this trade and gave out a squeaky sort of "Aah!" that sounded similar to the noise a canine might make while yawning before holding the bauble before it's face and peering deeply. A quick chase of the tail around in a circle in playful glee before stopping and giving what could only be called a full body tail wag and then bounding back to it's preferred space. It was a good trade, it seems, but mostly they seemed happy that they had made someone else happy.

And Sally did actually keep looking over at the little fox and friend. And gosh the way her eyes lit up and she smiled at watching the little fox chase its tail . . .
And the big ol' doofy grin that was given when the fox was showing off its little trinket.
Beans wrote: Sep 07, 2022 1:32 pm Evie tilts her head. "Huh, think I've heard of HALO. That sounds like a weird nap, but seems like no harm done, so hey." She shrugs. "Wouldn't sleep in a freezer myself, but to each their own, y'know? And turning into a human sounds like it's got its uses." She wonders what Sally would look like in what she calls a human shape.
"Mmm? Oh yeah yeah yeah! It was a great nap though oh my gosh. I dunno if you've ever taken that long a nap? You feel actually refreshed and it's great! And the freezer is like a chill little cave. I love it. I miss that freezer. . ." Sally nods a few times, but then blinks a few times. "Y-yeah! Human shape is great! Like . . .like . . . right now!" Sally looks at the back of her hand, and rotates it a few times. "I got fingies!!"
Sliibee wrote: Sep 07, 2022 4:35 pm Well with his fun new friend apparently content to curl back up and have a doze, the raven is left a bit perplexed for what to do. There's nearly two cookies here, more than even a quite large bird's stomach should handle, and while an intelligent, easily bored avian would usually just pester whatever had caught their attention into continuing to amuse them, he seems more intelligent than most and has possibly learned the meaning of discretion.

Or perhaps he just tired of the game as well. Nonetheless, there was something he could do to solve both the lack of interaction and the abundance of food. There were all sorts of featherless bipeds around, so when in a cafe in Rome...

Shadow slips up from under the table's underside as he hops forward to the edge, half a snickerdoodle still in his beak. As the darkness rises to meet him the raven hops off the surface into it, and the avian claws that left the table become small, sandal-clad feet before hitting the floor. The man who stands up from this change hasn't entirely lost his feathers, a thick down of bluish purple midnight quills taking the place his hair would be. He's relatively short and bronze skinned where it shows around his light pink shirt and dark blue shorts, and has the same piercingly yellow eyes he had before changing. And the same piece of cookie dangling from his lips as he wanders up to the counter.

"The cookies are very... good. Do you bake them here?" He asks the dragon proprietress, talking around the treat before finally breaking off another piece to swallow.
Hehehhe and the little crow is hoppin' on over an- "Hey li'l g- oh!" and now he's a person! And he's cute! "HI hi hi hi hello hello welcome!! We sure do bake them here! Fresh, every morning! I- . . . usually have help. But yeah! Baked here! I . . . hope you enjoyed them!" Sally offers with a big smile and a few nods. She was a little caught off-guard by this sudden Birb Frien, but she's pretty quick on the recovery! "And- and- w-welcome!" Sally knew that he had been here before some time, but . . . it felt right to welcome him again!
Beans

Post by Beans »

Mee wrote: Sep 16, 2022 5:40 am"Mmm? Oh yeah yeah yeah! It was a great nap though oh my gosh. I dunno if you've ever taken that long a nap? You feel actually refreshed and it's great! And the freezer is like a chill little cave. I love it. I miss that freezer. . ." Sally nods a few times, but then blinks a few times. "Y-yeah! Human shape is great! Like . . .like . . . right now!" Sally looks at the back of her hand, and rotates it a few times. "I got fingies!!"
Evie nods as she continues to helm the register. "They're a useful digit, fingers. Now, as for naps---never really taken one that long, no. Feel like it might just be, like, bein' asleep at that point 'stead of a nap." She shrugs, thinking. "Haven't taken a freezer nap either. I could probably stand the cold, though." She belatedly realizes wait, what if Sally thinks that she is currently in an actual human shape.

She hasn't the heart to spoil her fun.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Beans wrote: Sep 16, 2022 12:32 pm Evie nods as she continues to helm the register. "They're a useful digit, fingers. Now, as for naps---never really taken one that long, no. Feel like it might just be, like, bein' asleep at that point 'stead of a nap." She shrugs, thinking. "Haven't taken a freezer nap either. I could probably stand the cold, though." She belatedly realizes wait, what if Sally thinks that she is currently in an actual human shape.

She hasn't the heart to spoil her fun.
Sally blinks a few times, the gears clearly turning in her head, from the expression on her face, the purse of her lips, the way one eye is squinted shut and the other is looking upwards, as if she could see the answers somewhere up there.
"Gosh you know I think you're right.
I never thought of it that way. Hmmm."
She hmm'd and haw'd about it a few more moments, before nodding once. "That would just be being asleep, huh?"

Weeeelllllll, 'human', around the nexus, is kind of a squishy term at best, right?
Right?
Beans

Post by Beans »

Evie grins lopsidedly. "Imagine sleepin' that long would be pretty restful. You'd hope so, at least---pretty unfair otherwise, if you slept that long and stayed tired.
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

A weekly visitor arrives right on schedule. Ivarr Stonemitt looks quite a lot like a typical dwarven male from what most could readily see. A gloriously braided black beard covering much of his face and five foot frame, a fine blue woven cloak wrapped around his shoulders, and a decidedly cheerful expression upon his face. Upon closer inspection, those who watch him will see that a golden length of hair is braided into his beard, and instead of the usual gut many dwarves have, Ivarr is quite lean in the stomach and waist. He carries himself well, but not like a warrior. It's more like he's a confident office worker that's taken to body building. Anyone who knows dwarves well might know that he's about middle-aged for one as well.

The metal bands decorating his beard and hair are silver and platinum, but definitely look more like elvish make over dwarven, and when he reaches the counter he grins up at Sally as he sets a large garnet down as payment. "Ah, it is great to see you and them again. The Arkenbooba, the heart of the mountains, the twin treasures of Sally's Hoard." He says, teasing and good-natured with a warm smile. "It is good to see you again, Sally. The usual, please." He asks, gently putting down a small hip flask on the counter too. "Though maybe with a lil' extra and a dollop of maple syrup. It is fall now."
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Beans wrote: Sep 26, 2022 4:54 pm Evie grins lopsidedly. "Imagine sleepin' that long would be pretty restful. You'd hope so, at least---pretty unfair otherwise, if you slept that long and stayed tired.
"Gosh for real, right? I would have felt cheated if I woke up tired from that! But instead yeah! Woke up all happy and excited and with this idea to get this cute little cafe and try to make people's lives a li'l more exciting and better!" Sally nods, full of energy and excitement, even to this day!

And then the doorbell chimes and she looks up, smiling widely as she sees a friend of hers!
Wolfbane wrote: Oct 01, 2022 7:50 pm A weekly visitor arrives right on schedule. Ivarr Stonemitt looks quite a lot like a typical dwarven male from what most could readily see. A gloriously braided black beard covering much of his face and five foot frame, a fine blue woven cloak wrapped around his shoulders, and a decidedly cheerful expression upon his face. Upon closer inspection, those who watch him will see that a golden length of hair is braided into his beard, and instead of the usual gut many dwarves have, Ivarr is quite lean in the stomach and waist. He carries himself well, but not like a warrior. It's more like he's a confident office worker that's taken to body building. Anyone who knows dwarves well might know that he's about middle-aged for one as well.

The metal bands decorating his beard and hair are silver and platinum, but definitely look more like elvish make over dwarven, and when he reaches the counter he grins up at Sally as he sets a large garnet down as payment. "Ah, it is great to see you and them again. The Arkenbooba, the heart of the mountains, the twin treasures of Sally's Hoard." He says, teasing and good-natured with a warm smile. "It is good to see you again, Sally. The usual, please." He asks, gently putting down a small hip flask on the counter too. "Though maybe with a lil' extra and a dollop of maple syrup. It is fall now."
"Ivarr!" Sally welcomes the newest guest, hopping to her feet, grinning, and giggling as he makes his opening comments. She pats her chest with a nod. "Yup yup! Kept safe and sound!
The usual? You bet! How you been?"
Sally asks, starting to get to work, milk into the frothing pitcher, beans grinding, and machines whirring to life! "And some maple syrup? Sure thing! Though laaaast time you were here, the mint flavoring you had in that same container was actually alcohol! And I was real confused an' so I bought some actual mint flavoring but now it's fall . . .
So okay if it's maple syrup this time!"
A few brief nod nods from the innocently clueless dragon, and with swift practiced motions, she's pouring milk froth in an incredibly cute little foam art at the top. Appears to be some kind of cute, lightly stylized little dragon! She undoes the cap on the flask and adds th- "Wait this isn't maple syrup"
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

Ivarr smiles gently, having forgotten how easy it is to tease her but happier that Sally hasn't changed in the least. "Well, being fair, it is made with maple syrup. And if you like it, you can keep it for yourself too." He insists, leaning on the counter. "And sometime I really need to make good on the promise of taking you out of here to relax for a while. Make you lunch or take you to a movie or something." He pauses, thinking it over for a moment before clarifying. "As a friend that is. You work hard enough that someone needs to take you out for some fun." He explains.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Wolfbane wrote: Oct 02, 2022 3:51 am Ivarr smiles gently, having forgotten how easy it is to tease her but happier that Sally hasn't changed in the least. "Well, being fair, it is made with maple syrup. And if you like it, you can keep it for yourself too." He insists, leaning on the counter. "And sometime I really need to make good on the promise of taking you out of here to relax for a while. Make you lunch or take you to a movie or something." He pauses, thinking it over for a moment before clarifying. "As a friend that is. You work hard enough that someone needs to take you out for some fun." He explains.
Sally looks deeply at the flask. A deep, directed, quizzical, intense stare of one trying to parse the secrets of the most obtuse puzzle, through sheer force of mental fortitude and ocular prowess.
"Or is it really runny maple syrup? Can maple syrup be runny?" But then that reminder of that promise! "Oh yeah! I actually did just a little bit of looking!" Sally looks up from her reverie, blinking her large emerald eyes a few times. "I did find a li'l cabin on a lake! Well. Next to a lake. Within an arm's throw of a lake and I have an awful throwing arm!" She smiles happily at this, utterly unphased by her admission. "I know you mentioned maybe wanting to learn to paint some small plastic little figures, I can bring some paints too with us and we can make a day of it! Have a great time!'
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

Mee wrote: Oct 02, 2022 6:49 am Sally looks deeply at the flask. A deep, directed, quizzical, intense stare of one trying to parse the secrets of the most obtuse puzzle, through sheer force of mental fortitude and ocular prowess.
"Or is it really runny maple syrup? Can maple syrup be runny?" But then that reminder of that promise! "Oh yeah! I actually did just a little bit of looking!" Sally looks up from her reverie, blinking her large emerald eyes a few times. "I did find a li'l cabin on a lake! Well. Next to a lake. Within an arm's throw of a lake and I have an awful throwing arm!" She smiles happily at this, utterly unphased by her admission. "I know you mentioned maybe wanting to learn to paint some small plastic little figures, I can bring some paints too with us and we can make a day of it! Have a great time!'
Ivarr gives a grin as he leans on the counter a bit, crossing his trunk-thick arms. "Then maybe after your shift or on a weekend we can just skip on outta here. Go an' have a fun relaxing time outta the town for a few days. It'll even be my treat to rent the place if you can tell me the address." He promises. "And yes, the maple syrup can be runny, but, uh, this is more like maple liqueur." He admits, being plain spoken and just a bit embarrassed. Sally was just too nice and warm for him to trick for too long and he didn't want her to get into any trouble on his behalf. "But before I head out, I do want to sit down a bit with coffee and a pastry and just sort of mull other things over a bit. Nothing that would worry you though, just pleasant things."
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Wolfbane wrote: Oct 10, 2022 5:27 pm Ivarr gives a grin as he leans on the counter a bit, crossing his trunk-thick arms. "Then maybe after your shift or on a weekend we can just skip on outta here. Go an' have a fun relaxing time outta the town for a few days. It'll even be my treat to rent the place if you can tell me the address." He promises. "And yes, the maple syrup can be runny, but, uh, this is more like maple liqueur." He admits, being plain spoken and just a bit embarrassed. Sally was just too nice and warm for him to trick for too long and he didn't want her to get into any trouble on his behalf. "But before I head out, I do want to sit down a bit with coffee and a pastry and just sort of mull other things over a bit. Nothing that would worry you though, just pleasant things."
Sally remains peeeeeeering at the maple syrup for just a bit longer, but that makes sense! Slightly more maple liqueur!
. . .
What does liqueur mean thoug-
"Oh yeah yeah yeah! It's just uh, just a li'l cabin around the lake in . . . um . . .That . . . Civvy's . . .
. . .
Place?"
Poor Sally, the word 'Realm' just slipped her mind, like she's had to wriggle free of folks trying to catch her from her shiny coin stealing days.
. . . NOT THAT SHE STOLE THEM SHE JUST-
"Of course of course of course! It's always always lovely to have you here! It's been a bit since your last visit, and I hope you've been okay?" Sally leaves the question open ended, in case Ivarr wanted to explain, but with no pressure on him to actually do so.
FireFox
Pronouns: He/She

Post by FireFox »

A college-aged catgirl comes into the cafe and carefully approaches the counter. Her feline ears and tail are a deep blue in color while her long, straight hair and bright irises are a few shades lighter azure. She's wearing a denim jacket over a red and white striped top, a blue plaid skirt with black leggings, and beat up old hiking boots. While she waits her turn to order, she checks some sort of bulky watch or other device on her wrist.
Forum Foxperson Funder

Characters

Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

FireFox wrote: Nov 13, 2022 9:29 pm A college-aged catgirl comes into the cafe and carefully approaches the counter. Her feline ears and tail are a deep blue in color while her long, straight hair and bright irises are a few shades lighter azure. She's wearing a denim jacket over a red and white striped top, a blue plaid skirt with black leggings, and beat up old hiking boots. While she waits her turn to order, she checks some sort of bulky watch or other device on her wrist.
And fairly quickly, in fact, her order comes up!
"Hi hello welcome!" Sally welcomes the newcomer. The towering dragoness . . . well. Towers. A significant deal taller than her newest customer, her emerald green eyes have to look down over the swell of her own chest to make sure to make eye contact as best she can!
. . . Maybe sitting down would be best for taking orders, Sally muses.
But not right now!
"Welcome to the Garnet! What can I get started for you today?" She asks with a beaming smile on her face.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

[Other Character Introductions]

There are, also, two(?) new folks sitting at a table! Never never before seen around these parts!
The first of the two is a kind of short, very cute, slightly nervously looking around cowgirl. Not like, yee-haw sorts of cowgirls, but like . . . short, stubby little horns, adorably floppy ears, and a cow tail, sort of cowgirl. A full head of about shoulder length mint green hair sits atop her head, pulling back into twin-tails, and fading to a darker green at the tips. She's wearing a comfortable, dark, oversized hoodie with a faded pattern for some . . . probably ranch? on the front. Her wide, brown eyes blink several times as she looks around, looking for . . . at? . . . something. Her companion asks what she's worried about, and a blush builds its way into the cowgirl's pale, freckled complexion and she mumbles some non-answer.
"You're fine."
"Yeah but-"
"No buts. You're gonna be fine. Mom's right over there and we're gonna tell her the news and it'll be great. I'll run point for ya."

Her companion was definitely the immediately more eye-catching of the two. She's nearly a head taller than her companion, and clearly of draconic descent. A pair of horns sit atop her head, splitting her length of pitch black hair that swished down to the base of her thick dragony tail, her ears are pointy and swept back, and her face is beautiful. Piercing green eyes are focused nearly entirely on her companion, and her expression reads as very confident, self assured, and utterly at ease. She's wearing a fairly tight t-shirt, and a pair of leggings that work together to display that she has an incredible figure. She clearly spends a lot of time running, jogging, or otherwise doing some kind of cardio, judging by the way her muscles flex and catch the light. She is by no means a body-builder, but she is very active. Wrapped around her upper arm is a band of some sort, made to look like about a foot long, rainbow-y, iridescent snake. It- Oh. It just moved. It slithers around and up her arm, under her shirt, and out her other sleeve to coil around her other arm. Probably to keep a better, curious eye on the cafe itself.
But the single most eye catching feature of the more draconic of the pair is that she is covered, head to toe, in dark, deep pink scales. A much more pale, skin-tone sort of patch in her middle covered her face and most of her head, as well as her front, but otherwise, coated in scales.
But those scales also catch the light in a weird way. They are very shiny. They catch the light and are simply too reflective to be 'normal' scales.
And they . . .
Squeak? When she moves?
. . .
Are they latex?
They are. She is covered in, if not genuinely just made of, latex. And she smiles at her friend.
"Lemme get her attention."
"Wai-"
"Moooooommmmmmmm!" She waved her non-snek-arm's hand above her head to get the proprietress' attention.

The tall, pink, overly curvy dragon makes her way over.
"Hello hello you two! What brings you two joys this way? I thought you two were gonna be busy all day?"
"We weeeeereeeeeee. Mooom? Do you remember my friend?"
"Yeah of course! B-"
"-er'ri finally heard back and it's done. It's official."
Sally's eyes go as wide as the smile on her face as she looks down at the minty Ber'ri. "All done?"
Her green hair bounced as she nodded a few times, her cheeks starting to blush.
Sally let out a joyful little squeal and bodily picked Ber'ri up, hugging her tightly. "Oh my gosh I'm so happy for you! I knew you could! We need to celebrate!" Sally, gently, put Ber'ri back down, before nodding a few times. "Celebrate. Yes. The usual!
Drip?"
Kara nods once.
". . . do snakes get coffee?" Sally blinks a few times, looking at the rainbow snake around Kara's arm. "You know what? I'm going to say yes. She, you know, clearly can't weigh in right now so I get to make all the decisions. Please, one thimble-full of white chocolate mocha please." Sally blinks a few times. "If you wake up with fang bites in your neck because she wanted the full coffee I'm not going to save you." "It'll be worth it." "A'ight."
"Aaaaaand a salted caramel mocha for the lovely lady? Coconut milk, yes?" Sally asks, still pure smiles down at the blushing Ber'ri. "Coconut yes please." "You bet sweetie, I'll be right back." Sally ruffles the top of Ber'ri's head comforting and familiarly, before heading off to go start making some drinks.

"Told ya~"
Ber'ri's face is far too buried in her oversized sleeve covered hands to make any more reply than a high, quiet, aAAaAAaaaaAaaaaaaaaAaaAaa-ing little noise.
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

Mee wrote: Oct 17, 2022 4:19 am Sally remains peeeeeeering at the maple syrup for just a bit longer, but that makes sense! Slightly more maple liqueur!
. . .
What does liqueur mean thoug-
"Oh yeah yeah yeah! It's just uh, just a li'l cabin around the lake in . . . um . . .That . . . Civvy's . . .
. . .
Place?"
Poor Sally, the word 'Realm' just slipped her mind, like she's had to wriggle free of folks trying to catch her from her shiny coin stealing days.
. . . NOT THAT SHE STOLE THEM SHE JUST-
"Of course of course of course! It's always always lovely to have you here! It's been a bit since your last visit, and I hope you've been okay?" Sally leaves the question open ended, in case Ivarr wanted to explain, but with no pressure on him to actually do so.
Ivarr gives a small smile and reaches out to give Sally's hand a gentle squeeze. "Aye, I've been okay, Sally. Just life moving forward, Frith crossing the sky, and Inle has yet to come for me." He says giving another squeeze. "I've decided to look for a bit of adventure though. Follow my beloved's wishes and move on and all that, you know? I was hoping to take a seat, look for anyone who might have a lil' bit of a nefarious nature, and hope that I can be wrangled in to some whirlwind quest dragging me off to who knows where." He pauses for a bit before letting go of the hand and grinning through the thick beard. "With time set aside for that cabin trip of course. I can bring the beer if you'll bring the coffee."