Reinholdt's Repository IV

For free floating plots that wish to be separated from specific locales.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Re: Reinholdt's Repository IV

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

A star goddess, huh? Well, Lyn will show him star levels of breath control at least as the curtain descends upon the scene.

Next thing she has to do is let Barenza know. It shouldn't be hard to catch her dining or taking a bath. Someplace where it's natural for people to congregate and talk. The conversation doesn't have to be extensive, but Lyn Cha will have to naturally drop in that she's going to the Moon-Smile Glade tomorrow night.

[Catside after Catside]

"Alright," Caroline says. "Let me call someone for you." The catgirl makes a quick text on her phone and it bzzts with a reply relatively quickly. "She'll be right over to take of you." Caroline makes an attempt at a smile, but it definitely comes across as something that she doesn't do often or naturally.

In a few moments the maid that helped June last time appears. There's a moment of recognition, a furrow of concern, then a professional greeting and smile, much more practiced than Caroline's. "Hello again Ma'am. Right this way, we've got a room all ready for you." Not for June specifically, but for guests in general. June just happens to be one of those. "Dinner's at 6 in the main hall, but if you'd prefer a private meal, something can be brought for you ma'am."

[Around the World in Eighty Posts]

"Oh I didn't jump into the water myself, it was the person I was carrying. She turned out to be quite the daredevil." Reinholdt shrugs sheepishly. It's not every day women leap out of his arms.

Reinholdt places his hand on Sylvia's when she grabs him, trying to be comforting, but also trying to keep some blood circulation going in that extremity. What a tight grip! "We are indeed," Reinholdt confirms, the flight smoothing out considerably as the ground gets further and further away. Much and more of Inside can be seen out the left and the ocean it borders on the right. The plane keeps climbing and climbing until it starts to level off. Momentarily as it begins to tilt and turn gently, beginning its tour of the Nexus over the beaches of Seaside. "The ocean's always so beautiful. It's a shame it's made of water."
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

Barenza will keep the conversation brief as well. Once she knows that Lyn Cha will draw Pangon Urshal away, all that remains is to put her and Orrava's plan into motion. And the less they talk about it, the less suspicious it will be.

When the time comes for their tryst, Pangon Urshal will be waiting for Lyn Cha near the same gate that she used to get to Orrava's retreat, carrying a bag with what they'll need. However, they take a different path from there. It heads mostly downhill, into an area with thicker vegetation than most of the surrounding arid land. The path will eventually lead them to the glade.

Said glade will turn out to have earned its name. It's a secluded grassy area, surrounded by trees, with a stream bubbling happily nearby and pooling into a small pond. The grass there is taller and softer than elsewhere around here. And with the full moon being out, the glade is indeed bathed in its light, illuminated in a pale, unearthly glow.

Ilpholin's remaining fey nature will sense that there is indeed some kind of vital, vigorous force permeating his place. Subtle, but present. Were the locals drawn here by it? Or is it a result of their passions, hopes and desires seeping through over the generations? Or perhaps some deity's smile after all?
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

[Catside after Catside]

June doesn't smirk at Caroline's unnatural smile, and totally won't smirk when thinking back on it later. 'cause that would be rude, in spite of how funny it looked.
Instead, she just smiles back. (It's okay! June used to have a really weird smile, too!)

"Hi, good to see you again," June says after the maid appears and starts to show concern. Gotta head off concern because, honestly, having someone feel concern really hurts her pride. Sort-of. It's hard to describe, but it's better to come off as the person who is unconcerned and doesn't need concern. Or something.

She follows and goes along with the maid. And totally assumes that 'ready for you' means it was just a generic guest room that they promptly got ready in the past few minutes on rush. "I'm not really a fan of being alone," June claims, "so I'll just be there at 6." She then asks where the main hall is, and any other minor thing that seems pertinent at the moment.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

How noble of him to carry the lady's bag for her. They'll probably need fresh clothes and towels most of all.

Ilpholin hopes it's not because of all the passionate desire seeping into the ground, but she can't rule it out either.

Lyn Cha does, however, audibly gasp at the obvious beauty of the glade, feeling a stirring nostalgia in herself. She used to hang out a beautiful glade of her own when she first arrived in the surface world of the Nexus. It's... it's been a very long time since she's visited her glade. Thoughts turn to how it's doing now.

Considering they were in the past and all the geography has changed, perhaps this even is her forgotten glade. Hah. That would be what? Ironic? Certainly hugely coincidental. Very unlikely. This glade was this glade and that glade was that glade. Probably.

"It's beautiful."

[Catside after Catside]

"Of course ma'am. Is there any particular dietary requirements we should be aware of?" The maid asks, giving June directions, as well as an actual brochure map which shows most of the mansion, barring a few private areas and the secret passages (every mansion has secret passages). She also assures June that she can get service or help at any time through the phone on the bedside table. In the meantime, there's a giant tv for entertainment, an exceptionally fancy bath and hot tub in the bathroom and... well that's pretty much it. June can sneak away to the mansion's foosball room if she needs more. And if she requests fresh clothes, the maid will be happy to get her a new fancy dress considering June's previous ones have been momentarily misplaced.

But very little is likely to bother her until dinner otherwise.
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

"Yes, indeed." Pangon Urshal seems as charmed by the locale as Lyn Cha is. "I'm glad you suggested coming here. It will give us both something to remember when you leave with the spear tomorrow." Wait, what?
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

Lyn Cha pauses for a moment, but just a moment, recovering as smoothly as he's known her to when locked in battle or passion. "Well I suppose there's a reason you're such a potent Grandmaster. To be fair, I wanted to just ask you instead of dancing around like this." Or so she played at when discussing the scheme with Orrava.

"Did Orrava tell you?" It was Ilpholin's best guess, but there were certainly other possibilities.
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

"She didn't. But what she didn't tell me made me suspicious." Pangon Urshal smiles, clearly at east. "I had a feeling there was something more to it. Especially when Barenza accepted both my return and hers without further prying. It was a hunch, but I've learned not to ignore them. I still wasn't certain until now. You've played it quite well. And I have no wish to stop you anymore."
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Reinholdt wrote: Oct 18, 2022 6:23 am [Around the World in Eighty Posts]

"Oh I didn't jump into the water myself, it was the person I was carrying. She turned out to be quite the daredevil." Reinholdt shrugs sheepishly. It's not every day women leap out of his arms.

Reinholdt places his hand on Sylvia's when she grabs him, trying to be comforting, but also trying to keep some blood circulation going in that extremity. What a tight grip! "We are indeed," Reinholdt confirms, the flight smoothing out considerably as the ground gets further and further away. Much and more of Inside can be seen out the left and the ocean it borders on the right. The plane keeps climbing and climbing until it starts to level off. Momentarily as it begins to tilt and turn gently, beginning its tour of the Nexus over the beaches of Seaside. "The ocean's always so beautiful. It's a shame it's made of water."

"I-I... huh..." The bunny really wasn't sure what to say. What an interesting life Reinholdt must lead. As the plane gained altitude, Sylvia finally eased her grip- although not quite entirely.

Peering out the window anxiously, Sylvia watched the ground grow further and further away. It was quite disconcerting, and almost made her head spin. "D-Did you expect i-it to b-be made of s-something else?" She sounded very confused. "I-It is beautiful th-though, mhm..." Every slightest bump of the plane made her stomach flip, so it was hard to relax but... at least the view was pretty.
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

"Barenza's just that nosy, huh?" Lyn Cha gives a short laugh. "I could see that." Right. It was a bit much to ask a bunch of martial arts experts to also be skilled in the arts of deception.

"Well that's very big of you and I greatly appreciate it," Lyn Cha says, her hand trailing along his arm, tracing the muscles built in them. "Almost as big as some of your... other features."

Reinholdt didn't know how to react when she leapt out of his arms either! They share that much in common. He does laugh as she asks about the composition of oceans though. "No! Of course not. Doesn't mean I have to like it, haha." Sylvia was hilarious. And cute.

The plane slowly veers away from the beach, traversing the terrain, the primary things of note being the twin floating islands of Vigil and Skyside, grandiose in their excessiveness. "I wonder how much energy it takes to keep those things in the air. And in one piece! Surely parts of the bottom just... fall off some times right? I dunno. I'm not a geologist, let alone an air based one!"
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

"When you got me to leave my chambers, I realized what I'd missed." Pangon Urshal's hand reaches out to trace Lyn Cha's cheek. "The spear filled me with dark thoughts of the past and future. I need to focus on the present. I don't know if it's the will of the gods, fate or something else that you appeared to take it away. But it's fitting." He presses her against his broad chest and kisses her. "And before you do, I want us to go all out, to part with no regrets."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Catside after Catside]

June shakes her head.
"I don't have any allergies, or anything like that," she says. She seriously considers tacking on a joke about what kinds of food she really wants, but is worried it'd be taken seriously.

June thanks the maid for telling her about the phone.

While she doesn't request fresh clothes (June figures what she put on the request report was enough), she does ask about dress code, or what style would be recommended. Not that June really has a lot of different styles with her, but. . .
Actually, did June bring enough clothes? She has no idea how long she'll have to wait for things to happen, and already it seems like longer than planned. Now that she's gotten thinking about it, she does ask about both more clothes and washing clothes.

So.
June initially thinks she'll just stick around here, watching TV or something. Might be fun to see what kind of stuff they have at Catside.

Of course, in practice, she gets bored really quickly. Especially with TV. It's boring.
And eventually sneaks out to check out foosball, just because it's better than sitting around watching TV.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

That certainly lines up with what Ilpholin's learned so far. She kisses him back for a time, before pulling away for a breath. "We haven't been going all out?" Lyn asks with sultry faux innocence, leaning forward to whisper in his ear, an inviting husk to her tone. "Are you finally going to break me?"

[Catside after Catside]

Dinner here is generally very casually dressed, June is informed. Topless is common, though some prefer the fancier outfits that luxury can afford. It's a weird contrast to be certain. June will only really stand out if she goes somewhere in the middle between classy and crass.

Any clothes she wishes washed, the maids will see to, just put them in the laundry basket and set it outside her door. The head maid also ensures June that she'll bring around some clothing options about twenty minutes before dinner, not unlike the previous dresses that June had given to her which June almost immediately lost.

Cats of Our Lives is still quite popular for Catside television, but so is The Walking Dogs, Mansion of Dagon, and One Purr Cat. It's all equally entertaining and boring as television is wont to be.

The foosball room has foosball tables! One particularly young kid seems to be just throwing the ball into the corner of the room and then running after it, but they're watched over carefully. June's opponent, however, in the event she wanders too close to a table and gets mistaken as a competitor, is a catkid that looks like he might be eleven or twelve. He wears a red cap that says 'Get Clawed' on it between his two pointy ears sticking out of the headwear. He stares at the larger catJune with eyes full of overly fierce competition. "Don't cry when you lose."

[Unfashionably Early]

"Oh how horrible for you," Reina teases, her tail rising up to slowly flick his chin and nose. "It seems to come with some perks though. You're much more attractive for starters..." Reina purrs out softly, putting a soft kiss on his vulnerable neck.

She can't spend too much time buried there though, as she does keep actively looking for the name of this hotel, but there is a chance she misses it in one of her weaker and more affectionate moments. Magtok just has to time things right so that he comes into view and gets a room when her eyes are closed and her lips are pushing against his skin.
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

"I rather doubt I can break you," Pangon Urshal breathes into her ear. "But I will push you to your limit." He suddenly lifts her up, holding her by her rear, and kisses her voraciously as he presses her against him. The curtain will fall shortly after.
Magtok
Pointy Eared Baby Devourer

Post by Magtok »

Unfashionably Early => The Continyantal Hotel
Reinholdt wrote: Oct 26, 2022 9:35 amMagtok just has to time things right so that he comes into view and gets a room when her eyes are closed and her lips are pushing against his skin.
Easier said than done. The name is on the uniforms, on the front of the building, in the lobby. Magtok is also incredibly distracted. Just putting one foot in front of the other and getting through the revolving door without killing himself takes all his coordination and focus.

"Hello sir, welcome to The Contin-"

"Hi, we have a reservation and we're in a hurry. The penthouse key, please," Magtok cuts off the front desk clerk, trying to keep her from speaking the name aloud, even if it's almost certainly a vain effort at this point. The cat-themed logo, the shiny golden name tags shaped like the heads of cats pinned to the breast of every staff member, the fake cat ears on the head of the green-feathered birdwoman standing behind the front desk...it should be very clear there's a theme going on here, one that Magtok is desperately trying to avoid acknowledging at all costs. A beautiful five star hotel and an additional revenue stream for MagCorp that doesn't require him to actually do anything...but one he can never, ever risk having associated with his name. The jokes would just be too easy.

"Reina, my hands are full of you, I'm going to need you to catch the key. Miss, you're going to throw her the key and skip the usual verification process as soon as you remember that the name on the penthouse reservation matches the one on your paychecks," he adds hurriedly, eying the elevator from across the room, trying to calculate how quickly he can get away from all the cat-themed items in this lobby. The clerk opens her mouth to argue, giving the two a sharp look, before she shakes her head and ultimately decides to just go along with this nonsense. This job isn't worth getting into a fight with a pair of random horny crazy people; she'll just assume he's being honest. I'm sure the manager will understand.
"You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
-Daniel H. Wilson
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Catside after Catside]

June finds it hard to see how that's considered 'very casual'.
Topless, or dressed luxuriously.
Between the two, she's definitely going to go with a dress that'll be brought in. Ugh, but wait, that means she'll have to do her hair, other fancy prepwork, and, most importantly, mentally prepare herself.

Which, watching the TV isn't helping.
She knows she just has to imagine that she's at some fancy poolside dinner where there's lots of babies. That'll probably help her mentally prepare.

Being lost in mental preparation absolutely leads her to wandering too close!

"Don't worry," she tells the kid, reassuring him. "I always wait until nobody's around to start crying."

Fact is, though, June hasn't played foosball in a long time.
Fortunately! June's actually pretty decent at switching between the four different rods. And is remarkably good against those people that just spin wildly! Being slower and more methodical and planned helps with that. Good against the people who like sticking to the same two rods and don't like switching around, too.
But....
Given that this is an actual competition, there's probably people who have practiced and come up with strategies and played recently and don't just randomly spin. Decent chance June actually loses.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Catside after Catside]

The kid in particular who has challenged her has clearly played far too much foosball. Though his skill blunted by the weakness of his opponents, he's still well experienced in the art of using all his rods and angling his shots. June loses, but manages to score one before she does, a fact that makes the kid scowl.

Still, he appears to be a half-decent sport instead of a spoiled one in the end. After his win, he adjusts his hat and looks at June. "You were alright. I guess. For an adult." It's probably a compliment. "So... it's ok if you don't want to cry."

[The Continyantal Hotel]

Reina is going to have a hard time catching anything with the way she's squirming. It's not intentional, mind you. It's just from the sheer amount of laughter she's suffering from. Her legs are kicking almost violently as tears form in her eyes, her uproarious laughing nearly covering up Magtok's conversation. Already her ribs hurt and in an effort to stifle herself, she buries her mouth against his clothes. It doesn't work, mind you and she half waves at the poor person manning the front desk to get her to throw the key.

Thus, it's actually pretty amazing that Reina manages to catch the key. Maybe too amazing, wasn't she inebriated too? Well, Reina makes no effort to elaborate on her mid-air filching techniques. Upon looking at Magtok's face again, though, seeing how uncomfortable he is here just sends her into a fresh cackling fit. Key acquired, better get out of here before Reina actually kills herself laughing.
► SHOW SPOILER
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Catside after Catside]

In the end, June's a little bitter.
It wasn't even a close game! Like, at all. June messed up on trying to pass the ball forwards way too often, and the kid was way too good at capitalizing on that. And that one time! Didn't hit the ball hard enough. Ugh! Just thinking about how she basically gave him a wide-open goal right then! She was way too focused to even try witty banter! And then, worst of all, the kid has the gall to compliment her when she did so badly.

Yeah, June doesn't cry. Obviously.
But she does consider pretending to cry, as revenge for that thoughtless compliment.
Nah, that might be a little too mean. She just sniffs instead. "No, you were pretty good," she replies.

Well, at least, feeling a little bitter about losing is better than feeling awkward. Completely managed to distract her and get stuff out of her mind!

She backs off, away from the table, but stays in the room to keep on watching.
Well, also, June keeps a watch on the time, because she doesn't want to miss dinner (and the fancy outfit and preparing for it, since the other option of dress is not exactly something she'd feel comfortable doing).
Magtok

Post by Magtok »

[The Continyantal Hotel]

"I told you, I'm not-It was already like this when I-" Magtok sighs in exasperation, wondering how far he could throw the catgirl out the penthouse windows. If he opens them before throwing her, he could probably launch her all the way to the other side of the street, but then he'd miss out on hearing the satisfying crash of shattering glass as she plummets towards the street below, definitively answering the age-old question of whether a cat will always land on its feet.

"I'm glad you're enjoying this," he scowls, as he steps past a pair of cat-eared men in suits and into the elevator and pushes the button for the top floor with his elbow. Honestly, embarrassing as this might be, at least she's not shedding tears over that jackass clone who put them up to this anymore.
"You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
-Daniel H. Wilson
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Reinholdt wrote: Oct 24, 2022 8:52 am [Around the World in Eighty Posts]

Reinholdt didn't know how to react when she leapt out of his arms either! They share that much in common. He does laugh as she asks about the composition of oceans though. "No! Of course not. Doesn't mean I have to like it, haha." Sylvia was hilarious. And cute.

The plane slowly veers away from the beach, traversing the terrain, the primary things of note being the twin floating islands of Vigil and Skyside, grandiose in their excessiveness. "I wonder how much energy it takes to keep those things in the air. And in one piece! Surely parts of the bottom just... fall off some times right? I dunno. I'm not a geologist, let alone an air based one!"

What did Reinholdt have against water? Weird. Although, looking out at the vast ocean below her, Sylvia wasn't exactly sure she was much of a fan either. It was simply Too Big. And who knows what strange things lurked beneath those waters?

The floating islands weren't super comforting either. Sylvia already found flying as they were now scary enough, she couldn't imagine having to live with that constant fear of falling out of the sky. But they were indeed admittedly impressive. "P-Probably a l-lot." Her attempts to do anything with even minor magic had been pretty draining, and she hadn't even succeeded. So lifting a whole island-based city? "Y-Yeah, I wonder if th-they um, have a w-way to s-stop that. Would b-be pretty dangerous f-for those below. M-Maybe a shield or s-something?" Or perhaps they just look out for cracks and apply some really strong duct tape.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Catside after Catside]

Well even without June's participation, foosball happens! That and some air hockey over in that corner. They really should have called this the entertainment room instead of the foosball room. Regardless, time passes and fairly quickly, dinner fast approaching June. She should probably hurry back and get dressed up.

On the way, she will meet Caroline Cuffs who is actually headed for her room, carrying what June will recognize as her lost suitcase bag. "Ah. There you are. You were in luck, we still had your stuff." June coming by later than others, her bag was one of the last unclaimed pieces of property that was confiscated. "A bellhop had it when we raided the place. Seemed she went out of her way to keep it without taking anything. It was most unusual. She had a few bags like that actually. Said it was a little piece of revenge she could get on the cult that brainwashed her, keeping people's valuables out of their hands."

Caroline offers June her stuff back.

[The Continyantal Hotel]

Reina honestly keeps laughing until they're practically at the penthouse, calming only enough once she realizes her tears are smudging her makeup. She breathes several times, giggling lightly as she does, before finally hupping her way out of Magtok's arms as the elevator reaches the penthouse. Reina looks back at Magtok with a silly grin that slowly transforms to a more inviting, alluring one as she unlocks the door and steps inside.

"I must at least say you know how to treat a lady..." Reina says, easily appreciating the higher class of room. Little is more alluring than wealth to the cat, her tail curling around Magtok's waist.

There's nothing more plausible than the image of a window-washer dressed Wenomir lowering down alongside the floating island in order to apply a roll of duct tape to a crumbling bit of rock.

"Probably a shield or some ongoing magic mending spell. Not unlike the self-cleaning clothes they offer at the Needle and Thread." Reinholdt's go to clothing store in Inside. "Magic is cheating. Oh well. That just means the rest of us have to cheat harder." Reinholdt shakes his head.

The plane now approaches the mountains glistening in the sun with fresh snowfall, tilting to fly alongside the slopes rather than towards them. "Ah, keep an eye out for a building half-covered in snow. That's probably MERC headquarters. A group of hardened mercenaries that will do anything for a coin or two. They take on the dirtiest jobs for the Nexus that less skilled people can't manage."
► SHOW SPOILER
Magtok

Post by Magtok »

[The Continyantal Hotel]
Reina wrote: Nov 02, 2022 9:03 am"I must at least say you know how to treat a lady..."
Why not? You're the only other person who's still going to be here when the rest of the city is dust, Magtok almost answers, but thinks better of it. He's spent plenty of time aboard the space fleet's flagship bitterly ruminating that of everyone to make an impact on his life, the cat is the one who's been there the longest, who's never faded away or vanished into the ether. Spouses are temporary, our children are never going to outlive us, and every friend group will eventually have to be replaced one day, but through all the loneliness and melancholy and ennui, that cat, that stupid fucking smug idiot bastard of a cat, Rein(a) will always be there. Elly, Ermine, AMEN, HALO, Shepherd, Cynthia, Happy, Harley...all will be forgotten eventually, but no matter what happens, no matter how they feel about one another, the cyborg and cat will be stuck with one another in the same stupid Nexus forever.

So why not make the best of it?

"Well I could hardly get away with pinching pennies after getting invited out to the only decent jazz club I've seen in the entire Nexus. And the flowers. You know how strange it is for me to be the one being given things and asked out?" he points out, far too used to more of a sugar daddy sort of dynamic, where his corporate fortune is used and abused to delight whatever catgirl has caught his eye this time. To be on the receiving end this time, to receive anything at all is...honestly it's pretty great, even if he has to pretend the other Magtok doesn't exist and that he was the actual intended recipient all along for it to work.

As for the penthouse itself, it's remarkably free of cat iconography, aside from some kitty throw pillows on the couch. Before Reina notices that, however, she's far more likely to spot the enormous windows spanning the entire far wall of the room, starting at the floor and ending at the towering ceiling above. Tinted and warded, but with an absolutely spectacular view of Riverside's namesake waterway below, and equipped with a sliding door that opens out to a balcony, for those wishing to step out into the brisk night air and throw their date into the busy street below.

Opposite the bed (which will take some walking to reach, as you could comfortably house a family of five in all the wide open space of this hotel 'room') is a roaring fireplace, equipped with dials to change both the color of the flames and that of the lights in the room to suit whatever mood the occupants wish. It seems to be set to purple right now, so I guess the hotel staff aren't completely useless, and at least one person here knows who owns the place. The rose petals scattered atop the mattress might be a bit much, though? I mean, what are we going for here, a casual tryst for fun and spite, or some sort of horrible, doomed, extremely ill-advised whirlwind romance? Obviously the former and not the latter, right? We have to leave room in our heart to suddenly hate and despise Reina the very next morning when it turns out this was all the setup for some convoluted treasure-hunting scheme, after all.
-Daniel H. Wilson
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[The Continyantal Hotel]

"Huh. ... No, I hadn't considered that actually," Reina says after a moment or two of thinking about it. Reina brushes her hair back and curves her back delightfully. "I guess I'm not used to being girly enough to be doted on." Reina blinks her eyes rapidly at Magtok. Now that she thinks about it, she's never really had a chance at the dating scene long enough to get flowers or be asked out.

The catgirl steps into the room, doing her best not to snicker at the rose petals on the bed. She nears the warmth of the fire naturally, even if her focus is upon the window and the amazing view it provides. There's little more relaxing or beautiful than looking out the window and watching all the things go by that you wish you could pounce on but your owners are too stupid to understand meow means 'stop encroaching upon my freedoms mother' and finally let you out so that you might establish your glorious dominance over that stupid bird.

Well that and the view of the river is gorgeous. "It's beautiful," Reina iterates unnecessarily.
► SHOW SPOILER
Magtok

Post by Magtok »

The Continyantal Hotel

"I mean, it's okay," he answers, clearly nowhere near as enchanted with the sights, giving only the briefest of glances to the lights of the city glimmering on the surface of the Syde river. He swats at the bed, trying to brush aside some of the dumb rose petals and clear some space so he can sit down without them sticking to his pants, but he only succeeds at spreading the wretched things around and spilling a few on the floor. Blegh, forget it.

"If you want something really beautiful, there's this resort in Seaside run by a bunch of ex-pirates. Water clearer than any other beach you've seen before, warm all year round. Or this blue-haired catwoman I saw earlier tonight. I don't know if you noticed her; she showed up at Bloodsong's just before our date. She had white gloves, an expensive-looking dress with a pearl necklace attached, and the prettiest pink eyes I've ever seen," our villain suggests, looking Reina right in the eyes as he reaches out to seize her hand and pin it (and the catwoman herself) against the wall behind her, trapping her in the narrow space between the glass and her date.

"And a white floral hat," he adds with an impish grin, before his other hand mischievously ventures upward to snatch it right off Reina's head, stealing it away without so much as an ounce of shame or remorse for his heinous hat heist. "I think I'm going to get her flowers next time I see her. Pink daisies, maybe. Or blue orchids, to match her hair. She won't be expecting it. She says she's not used to being doted on, so I can make a complete fool of myself, say and do the corniest sappy nonsense and it'll still be new to her," he muses aloud, looking away from Reina to stare thoughtfully at the upside-down hat he's stolen, and the pink and blue floral bouquets that suddenly appear within it, each vanishing into thin air as quickly as they sprang into existence. Holograms, probably, but I'm sure he'll have the real thing in time for their next date.
-Daniel H. Wilson
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[The Continyantal Hotel]

Reina's just starting to roll her eyes and contemplate a witty retort when Magtok takes her hand and pins it to the wall, putting his body up to hers to keep her trapped. Her heart skips a beat and she flushes at the compliments. "M-Magtok..." Reina says in a quiet whisper, taken aback and feeling hot. It's rare to see a Rein flustered to the point where not even a false bravado paints their face, but the catwoman seems to have lost her footing.

Her eyes break from his gaze as he takes her hat and exposes her silky blue hair, watching a series of holograms, of promises of flowers and attention. She tries to swallow but finds her mouth dry. Gods this... felt so good. So right. It's... torture. Her archnemesis shouldn't make her feel this way. Shouldn't make her feel alive like this. Everything here was perfect right now, except... the person in front of her. It should be Tobias cornering her emotionally. Ermine trapping her body. Even...

Reina's lips part, invitingly, unintentionally. She wanted this so bad. Everything about Magtok was so wrong, except the words he used, his stupid smug grin, his... understanding of who she really was. No one else got it. Understood how awful she really was. How awful she'd really be. To him. To them. If this kept going, she knows she won't be able to stop it. Won't be able to finish the job. Would that be so bad?

"I..." Her eyes glance back up at him, a flash of pain and desire lingering in the catgirl's quavering voice. "Want you to remember you consented to this," Reina says, her free hand flicking a magic taser out of hammer space and going to jam it into Magtok's side under the arm holding her hat. This particular taser modifies its voltage output based on what's needed to send the victim into unconscious. That way it can be easily used against gnomes or minotaurs alike. Reina imagines Magtok won't stay unconscious for long with his mechanical half rebooting him, but that's half the reason to use electricity and force that half to go through a reboot of its own first.
► SHOW SPOILER
► SHOW SPOILER
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Magic did indeed make the most sense. It would be a nightmare to keep the cities up and safe otherwise. "S-Sometimes it w-would be nice t-to be able t-to cheat l-like that though," she mumbles. "It'd m-make things a l-little easier..." If she could just Artifice like the rest of her family, she was sure half her troubles would just melt away.

Sylvia gasps and her stomach turns as the plane tilts. The feeling of movement beyond one's control was deeply unsettling to her- especially so high up. Thankfully, it turns out the aircraft isn't suddenly about to plummet out of the sky, and this is just a normal thing normal planes do. Once she's steadied herself a little, she tries to occupy herself with taking in the view. "M-Majestic. I've n-never seen mountains f-from an angle l-like this." The bunny scans the snowy peaks for sign of the building Reinholdt mentions. She had vaguely heard of MERC's existence before, but she had never payed much attention to what they actually did. Rein wasn't painting the nicest of pictures for her. "Why w-would they s-set up base all th-the way in the m-mountains? Th-that sounds c-cold. And um, isolating." As much as she wished she could get away from it all to some pretty cottage with a lovely view, living partway up a mountain seemed a bit unpleasant to her, and rather inconvenient.
Magtok

Post by Magtok »

[The Continyantal Hotel]

"Justice," he answers solemnly. Maybe that's all he had time to say before hitting the floor, the first word in another of his long-winded villainous monologues. Or perhaps that's all he meant to say on his way to unconsciousness. Just an echo of Reina's reason for coming out here, of her floral warning of what was to come. Understanding that this attack didn't come out of nowhere, that Reina had her reasons. Justice for who, though? Well I guess we'll find out soon enough, won't we?

The hand holding Reina's gloved fingers loosens its grip, falling away as gravity kicks in and pulls the cyborg to the ground. Reina's hat lands over his face, conveniently hiding whatever look of shock, betrayal, disappointment, understanding, or even bitter vindication might've been painted across his features. A (very real, physically tangible) bouquet of bellflowers further obscures his features, spilling out from the hat and onto the floor. Ugh, it's too bad he didn't spend that telewarp energy on something a little more productive and a little less dramatic, like maybe a flashbang grenade or a smoke bomb. That would've been a lot more useful than a bunch of stupid flowers right now.
-Daniel H. Wilson
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

"Well far be it from me to disparage cheating," Reinholdt says. There's been a couple traps and puzzles over the years he circumvented rather than solved.

Sylvia's question seems to catch him off guard though and he has to seriously consider that. "I think it was a branding thing at first? To be different from the other organizations? But I honestly think it stuck most of all because of the goblin tunnels in the mountains. Their boss has a lot of connections to those networks, being a goblin himself. I imagine he finds the location actually quite convenient." Reinholdt ends up shrugging. Just a guess though.

The airplane next approaches a lake and looking closely, one could see something big and metallic within its watery depths. Reinholdt lights up. "Wait a minute... I know this lake! Hey! HEY!" Reinholdt says, forcefully tapping at the back of the pilot's seat. "Land here!"

The pilot seems taken aback for a moment at the undesignated detour. "Here?"

"Yeah, here. Do it," Reinholdt demands.

The pilot sighs and scouts out a piece of land near the lake that would suffice as a runaway. "Yeah, ok I guess. Whatever. Hold on tight." The skeleton says, as he starts to dip the plane.

[The Continyantal Hotel]

Magtok will eventually awaken to the sound of Reina's purring, melodious voice. "- want him, then just hurry up and get here. Penthouse suite, door's open." She flips her phone off dramatically and sets it next to a vase of flowers she's tending to, the bellflowers quite fresh and not there when they entered the room. Her hat is sitting upon the bed and she's half-leaning, half-sitting against the desk that the vase rests upon, able to see Magtok from one side, but not really focusing on him at the moment.

He may be less interested in Reina right now than his own current situation though. Being tied to a chair is uncomfortable for anyone. Ropes around his legs connecting him to the chair itself. His chest tied to his arms tied to the chair behind his back. The fuzzy cat themed handcuffs around his wrists. Relatively standard faire. The things that stand out are the five chinese finger traps that each of his digits are inconveniently stuck into. Reina's all too aware of his finger gun and other mechanical hand tricks. Magtok seems much less likely to use a little finger laser if it's pointed directly at his other hand and incapable of aim. He can't even solve the traps to remove them because of the other bindings keeping his hands in place. And if he just disconnects his hand to free him from the cuffs, the traps will tighten and make his other hand practically useless. That's the idea at any rate.
► SHOW SPOILER
Magtok

Post by Magtok »

The Continyantal Hotel

Magtok sighs. He'd expected something like this, but couldn't it have waited until morning? Would it have killed Reina to just let things play out first, instead of tying him to a chair and...wait, are those chinese finger traps on his hands? Damn, that's positively devious. Utterly ridiculous, but remarkably effective. He jostles the handcuffs slightly, trying to test how much wiggle room he's been left with, but gives up on this immediately after the first half-hearted wiggle. Squirming never actually works in scenarios like this one; he's just going to scratch up his wrists if he keeps that up.

"Hey Reina? Do you mind some constructive criticism? It's nothing major, I'm not going to suddenly stand up, say some witty one-liner, and make all the rope disappear or anything crazy like that, but it's something I think you should still consider next time you take a prisoner," he offers, trying to crane his neck so he can see her.
-Daniel H. Wilson
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[The Continyantal Hotel]

Reina looks up as Magtok jiggles his cuffs and stands, sauntering over to him with slow, deliberate steps that sway her hips just so. "If it's about you telewarping away, you won't. I know you too well for that. You want to know what this is all about and you'd consider it bad sport." And the fuzzy kitty cuffs are actually quite effective at blocking telewarping nonsense, but Reina neglects to fill him in on that little detail before finding his lap and sitting in it.

Arms wrap around his neck gingerly as the catgirl looks in his eyes, her tail flicking slowly against the bottom of his chin. "And I know it's not about the view... so, enlighten me. What Magtokian twist did I fail to include?" She studied Magtokian 101 in an online course during her kids' third year when she was stuck at home for so much longer than she wanted to be.
► SHOW SPOILER
Magtok

Post by Magtok »

[The Continyantal Hotel]

"There's nothing uniquely Magtok about it. That's the problem; I don't want to see you getting hurt trying this kind of thing on someone else," he corrects her, breaking eye contact to try to remember what he was going to say next. It's a struggle to keep his mind from going adrift, to keep Reina's seduction efforts from muddling things even further. There's not a whole lot more she can do when he's already tied to a chair and completely helpless, but there's still a lot of precious intel and secrets in our head, things the cat's collective can't know about, so it's critical that we only say exactly what we mean to, precisely when we mean to say it.

"I've taken you to a secondary location you know nothing about. We rode an enclosed elevator to get here, one that could've easily been used to disguise a teleporter shifting us from one featureless moving box to another. The view of the city could've been a hologram or someone's magical illusion, keeping you from realizing we're actually deep underground in some secret bunker. The staff could be secret hitmen assassin types in disguise waiting for the right moment to spring into action," the ensnared cyborg explains, running down a list of hypotheticals that could jeopardize Reina's entire operation if they were real and Magtok was actually willing to hurt her.

"None of that is real, but still, you need to set the location next time. Even if it's just teleporting them to your room in MERC and slapping a blindfold on their head after knocking the target out, it's still safer than the minefield of surprises you could face on someone else's turf. Surprises like the cyanide pill I've been hiding under my tongue," warns the cyborg who doesn't have a cyanide pill under his tongue. But Reina can't know that for certain until she slips her own tongue in to investigate, can she?
-Daniel H. Wilson