Reinholdt's Repository IV

For free floating plots that wish to be separated from specific locales.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Reinholdt's Repository IV

Post by Reinholdt »

This is a thread is a compilation of various Reinholdt the player related plots. This is not an open thread/location.

► SHOW SPOILER
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Reinholdt's Repository IV

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

"Yes... I have met people who felt this way." Pangon Urshal smiles mysteriously. "But let us begin."

The grandmaster will move to attack Lyn Cha without further ado. He wields his weapons with frightful grace and incredible strength. His style seems to require him to manage his movements very carefully, which given how forceful they are must take a great deal of concentration. He constantly alternates the sweeps and cuts of his axes and sometimes strikes with them in simultaneous harmony, creating a barrage of strikes.

More curiously, they seem to feed into each other, building up momentum beyond their (considerable) physical force and create a pounding, battering rhythm of force that extends past the axes themselves. It's clear that if he wielded steel weapons, rather than wooden ones, he could crack stone and turn armored foes into mincemeat with his power. As it is, he will turn his strength towards Lyn Cha, seeking to push her and see what she's capable of.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

Lyn Cha moves like a river weed, swaying, bending, yielding every step, every assault. Each move akin to a dance where she plays hard to get, only striking when the sway swings back towards her foe. Her efforts minimize Pangon's opportunities to strike, while relenting when he does, rolling with the hits in a way that actually disguises how durable she truly is, something the grandmaster likely picks up on. That she can move with such grace, yet secretly be able to withstand such forces certainly pushes the limitations of humanity into question.

And while her offense isn't particularly lacking, it's not really at Pangon's level, not with these sais anyways. Furthermore, her swings and sways are actually impeded in this smaller indoor environment whereas they would flourish considerably outside. Granted, she has found more than enough ways to compensate... for opponents that aren't of grandmaster's skills. But he has an advantage here over her. He may even be able to tell that she chose her weapons for their smaller size and maneuverability to aid her in this, but they are not the ones that would sing gloriously in her hands.
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

Pangon grows excited as the fight goes on. Not in that kind of way, though it's also there now. But something about Lyn Cha's prowess seems to surprise him in a way that causes a smile to appear on his face. As if a man who lost hope finding it blooming again.

"Splendid," he says during a brief break in the bout, looking at her with a smile. "I truly feared such skills were dying outside of this fortress. But you're holding something back. And you're not at your best fighting in a confined room. I imagine the open arena where you fought my sons was more suited to you. Nor are these your true weapons of choice."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

"I wouldn't consider fighting in suboptimal conditions holding back. I find it the best way to learn," Lyn Cha claims, unable to hide the enjoyment on her face. "Besides, I think you'll find I have considerable talents in the privacy of a closed room..." Lyn intones. "Play your cards right and I'll show you my weapons of choice." There's a sway that draws attention to her chest and an inviting smirk on Lyn's face, as if she were just begging him to overpower her. To show her how a grandmaster really moves.
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

Pangon Urshal grins, in a way that makes his face look curiously younger. As if he's experiencing a sort of excitement that he hasn't felt in a long time and feared he'd lost. Is it the thrill of combat against a worthy opponent or desire for Lyn Cha's body? Those might be closely intertwined for him.

He stomps his foot in a way that shakes the floor, causing dust to rise from surfaces it had covered, and might stagger Lyn Cha with its unexpected force. Then he spreads his axes wide and begins a new pattern of attacks. It's slower, but every swing is powerful and accurate. They're symmetrical, but instead of making them predictable, it just makes them relentless and seemingly unstoppable. He will methodically move forward, trying to push Lyn Cha into the nearest wall.

He finishes this assault with a singular, diagonal stroke that focuses all of his strength on a single point where the axes' trajectories cross, into a blow that shakes the walls with an audible thunderclap, even dulled as it is by the practice weapons and magical strips of leather. With true weapons, it would shatter steel and lay down great beasts, but even so, Lyn Cha might be hard-pressed to remain standing when faced with it.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

Lyn's eyes widen slightly. Normally someone exuding that much power would break through the floor stomping like that. He must be exercising a great deal of control and technique even now.

As Pangon starts to close in on Ilpholin with wide, powerful swings, the best thing she can do is go on a counter offensive to keep him from boxing her in and cutting off her maneuverability. Where others may mistakenly back up, she bravely darts forward, lashing out in a hundred speedy blows. But while she may slow his advance, his swings are as powerful offensively as they are defensively. Her ability to close is limited and her strikes are like chipping at a wall. A wall of steel and mastery.

It was probably inevitable that the raven haired beauty ends with her back to the wall, though she at least keeps herself out of the corner. It does little good as he maneuvers her into his final strike. She manages to bring her sais up to block and twist the blow, but her grip fails her in the face of its power, knocking her weapons away. As they clink across the floor, Lyn is left breathless, shaking, knees bent as she leans against the wall for support... but still standing.

[Around the World in Eighty Posts]

Bar hopping was far from Rein's favorite pasttime. He much prefer bar sitting or sleeping. But from time to time, the wiry, pink eyed adventurer had to explore new places. He couldn't help himself, he was practically built for it. So the handsome fey flitted from place to place, wearing his tight leather clothes and ushanka with a little blue star on the front.

Despite all the new sensations and sights and alcohol, Reinholdt still found himself inextricably... bored. Had he seen too much already? Has he been this way before? Surely there was something new to do. Maybe he was on the wrong path today. There had to be something left to excite him.

This is what plagues the feline fey's thoughts as he sits at the latest bar stop and contemplates his ennui over a bottle of rum.
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

"Excellent." Pangon Urshal puts down his axes and steps closer to Lyn Cha, eyeing her with satisfaction. "I thought I'd have you on your knees with my last attack. But you still stand. Few others could say the same."
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

While for Reinholdt bar hopping was maybe an uncommon activity, for Sylvia it was an entirely foreign concept. Taverns and bars were typically just too much for her to deal with. She was used to crowded and sometimes loud places, of course, growing up in the apartment complex packed full of large fellow rabbits known as The Warrens. But those were all familiar faces. At a bar? Every face was a stranger, many drunk and rowdy, and it scared her. Plus, she couldn't handle her alcohol all that well herself.

So it was very unusual that the bunnygirl found herself stepping through the threshold of a bar for the second time in a week. Her conversation with Askeladd had lingered with her since she had met the storyteller in Trog's. She wanted to believe his words. Wanted to follow his advice, and finally find the strength to act on her desires. Yet she had still found herself paralyzed by fear and indecision.

And thus, anxious and unsure, she had made her way to a second bar. She didn't know what she wanted to achieve. Maybe she was just hoping to run into someone else who could help her. Maybe she was just hoping to drown her sorrows in alcohol again, and wallow in self loathing.

So now here she was, in a prim and proper dress, looking awkward and out of place perched on her barstool while taking the occasional sip from her drink and wincing at the taste. Her eyes darted back and forth almost uneasily between the different patrons at the bar, until at last they settled on a rather striking figure. He was attractive, but what really caught her attention was those striking eyes, and his choice of hat. Maybe, whoever he was, he had an interesting life or story.

But once more, she felt paralyzed. She wanted to wander over and try start a conversation, but her social anxiety took a hold of her, freezing her to her seat. After a short while of just sitting there, staring, she shook herself, and withdrew from her bag a small sketchbook. If she couldn't bring herself to talk, maybe she could draw. Sylvia started sketching out the fey's figure. She hoped he wouldn't mind.
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

"Guess you're not done then, surely..." Lyn Cha says, suggestively, looking rather prone against that wall, despite her strength. The hand that runs slowly up her body and starts to draw her clothes off speaks louder. "I did promise to show you my greatest weapons after all." She exposes the two of them to see if she can't stun the Grandmaster. Though she'd rather entice him to act, a few seconds of astonished admiration does wonders for one's ego.

Reinholdt generally takes notice of people eying him. It's become something of a second nature for the years that he was hunted, a wanted madcat. Though it wasn't terribly uncommon anyways, given his unusual eyes, handsome features, and odd, but confident stature. So it generally took a little more for Rein to really react to being watched.

Being drawn, now that's certainly enough to warrant his undivided attention. Admittedly, the dress was enough to catch his eye and the rabbit girl wearing it was certainly a beautiful sight of her own. So Rein takes one more guzzle of his rum, before leaving it behind and wandering over to Sylvia's stool, discretely pushing away a hungry looking fox that was approaching and cutting them out of the equation. Of course, she may not have noticed his approach at all if her eyes were down on her sketch.

"You know, the last time someone asked to paint me, they had me pose naked atop a pile of gold." There's a pause for a moment, as if to give Sylvia a moment to recognize she was talking to him, but also to give a breath before the punchline. "It was actually quite painful."

Rein motions to the seat next to her. "Do you mind if I sit here?"
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

Pangon Urshal isn't stunned, as such, but his eyes and nostrils definitely widen at the sight. He takes his time, letting Lyn Cha put on a show and take off as much as she wants, but then he steps forward briskly and presses his hands against the wall, leaning in to kiss her deeply and fiercely. He's not touching her otherwise yet, however.

"If I commanded you to get to your knees now... would you obey me? As the victor?" he whispers, after pulling back. Up close, his smell, his power and his presence are potent and powerful, even without touching.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

Lyn Cha aggressively returns the kiss. She doesn't hesitate to touch him, her hands roaming his chest, exploring his muscles. She takes a deep breath as he pulls back, taking in his scent as she looks at him in the eyes.

"That depends..." Lyn retorts, starting to slowly sink, fingers trailing down with her body. "Are you asking... or telling?"

Regardless of how satisfactory the answer is, the curtain is pulled.
► SHOW SPOILER
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Perhaps, in most circumstances, Sylvia would have noticed Rein's approach. She was normally attentive to her surroundings- overly attentive, in fact- glancing constantly around herself like she was scared something would leap at her. But in this case her focus was on her drawing, and so indeed she didn't notice his approach until he spoke.

"Ah! O-oh, hi, u-um," she stammered, fumbling with and dropping her pencil in surprise. The bunny dipped under the table, scrabbling about to grab her pencil from the floor before resurfacing. "I didn't realize you were um... s-sorry, I hope you're not upset! You just l-looked like the most interesting p-person here, and I thought u-um, maybe sketching y-you could help settle my thoughts, b-but I should have asked first... um..." She seemed very anxious that Rein was about to start yelling at her, despite evidence to the contrary.

Her eyes, a pale purple-grey, met his, and she blinked in confusion. Was he not here to chew her out? "O-oh. I mean, yeah, y-you can sit here..." There was a pause, as it seemed like she wanted to ask something, but was finding the courage to speak to a stranger. "Is that story... true? I-I mean um, j-just, like a whole pile of gold?" Sylvia had an easy life in the way of money herself of course, but imagining an actual literal pile of gold seemed way out there.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

The curtain is pulled and stays down a while. Pangon Urshal has a lot of steam to blow off and frustration to work out. It'll also be clear to Lyn Cha early on that he indeed hasn't had such an encounter in some time. He'll be a forceful and passionate lover, but he also has a very good idea of how to take care of a partner - while pushing her to keep up with him and striving to be dominant as much as he can.

Once their frenzied coupling has finally worn them down, the two will be lying down on a bed in Urshal's surprisingly spacious and comfortable quarters. Depending on how much attention she was paying to her surroundings while they relocated to his bedroom (and Urshal would have tried quite hard to keep her eyes on him) she'll have noticed that the spear is nowhere to be seen, perhaps unsurprisingly. But they will have passed by a locked door in a wall. By the layout, it would lead to a room in the centre of the tower.

"It appears you have accomplished your goal, Lyn Cha," the grandmaster says, stroking her hair as they rest tangled together. "Only a few have found their way into my presence lately, and none into my bed."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

Reinholdt laughs a little, half hoping that the sound would put Sylvia at ease, given how she was acting like she just got caught stealing intellectual property or something. "Most interesting person here? Why, that's quite the compliment, coming from the most interesting woman here." Reinholdt smiles slyly as he slides into the previously mentioned seat, joining the bunny.

"Well, there wasn't just gold," Reinholdt clarifies. "There was also gems and one particularly pointy silver chalice. But otherwise, yes. Not that I mind if you sketch me of course, though I will have to see it once you're done." Art must be shared, it's a rule. "I'm Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire," Rein provides his flourish.

"What's your name?"

[Into a World that Was]

Lyn Cha does her best to not break any furniture, but if the walls should shake during her vocal cries of ecstasy, well that's just to be expected by two barely contained forces crashing into one another again and again.

Lyn's chest rose and fell with steadying breath. "My goal is nothing less than martial perfection. Everything else is just warm up exercises." Her fingers trace along his skin and dance the line of his scars, mind imagining the incidents that may have lead to their existence. "Surely you've heard that regular sex improves flexibility and tones muscles in a way no other exercise can?"
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

"It is a method I once practiced with vigor." Pangon Urshal seems in no hurry to get out from under Lyn Cha's warm, supple body. Either he believes her claim of no ulterior motives or chooses not to question it for now. "You've met three fruits of such adventures. I believed them to be behind me, but you've given me... much to think about. Maybe I was too quick to give up hope..." Hope for what? He doesn't elaborate. "I may come out to meet the warriors again tomorrow. But regardless... you can come back here as well. For training and the other exercise later."
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

"M-me? Um, I'm afraid I'm quite ordinary." Sylvia stutters, a slight blush rising to her face. She sounded a little confused. What could possibly be that interesting about herself? His laugh and compliment does seem to help put her more at ease, if only a little bit.

"T-that sounds like quite the haul," she says, eyes widening. Sounds like she really had identified the most interesting person here. "Err, i-if I may ask, where d-did you even come across such a pile?" There was a pause as it looked like she was going to instinctively reach for her sketchbook, as she wanted to write this all down, but the bunny worried that would earn her some weird looks.

Her fuzzy rabbit ears, a creamy pale grey just like her hair, perked up as Reinholdt announced his name. 'Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire" was quite the title. With that, and the things he had already told her, she imagined he had quite the incredible stories to tell. "I-I'm Syvlia."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

"It seems to have paid off," Lyn Cha comments. "Grandmaster of Jarowit's disciples is no small feat."

She listens quietly as he contemplates the other warriors. The baths had given her the impression he had become secluded for scholarly reasons, but now it appears that he was on the verge of giving up on the prowess of others. This world, this realm, this time, it was all in a decline according to the King in Rags. Things were becoming less vibrant. It's probable that Pangon felt that more sharply than others and his hermitage was a natural response.

No doubt those sons of his were the fruits of bar maids and farmgirls, ill prepared to conceive the warrior Pangon desired to follow in his footsteps. "Well I certainly want to see the shock on their face if you do come out." The warrior students had likewise almost given up hope on their own grandmaster. It was a sorry state of affairs, though not one that couldn't be mended.

"Though, I intend to take you up on that offer either way. There's much... training yet to be done." And Pangon clearly wished to see what else Ilpholin could offer with different weapons and different circumstances. The tantalizing promise of a challenge for one as starved for them as Pangon Urshal would provide her ticket to inner sanctums. Even if she has to formulate a plan to check within that last locked door.

For now, Lyn Cha merely draws herself up off of the well endowed grandmaster and collects her clothes.

"Ordinary? Why I quite doubt that," Rein says with a gentle smile as he leans against the bar. "Your clothes, in particular, suggest otherwise. You don't tend to get out much do you?" Rein frowns for a second and holds up a hand. "Not intended to be insulting, merely an observation. Regardless, I've never found a reclusive type that didn't have many and more stories they secretly want to get off their chest."

Reinholdt ends up shrugging a little. "Probably just a small fraction of some dragon's horde. It's been awhile and I honestly don't remember how much of it was hers and how much of it was mine. It was cleaning it up from her living room afterwards that was the challenge. So many surprisingly small yet valuable round things."

Rein's eyes watch Sylvia's ears perk up and a grin falls on his face. "Well nice to meet you Sylvia. Would it be too forward of me to offer to buy you a drink?"
► SHOW SPOILER
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Rein's intial comment struck true, it seemed. Sylvia indeed didn't get out much, and looked a little crestfallen. Regardless of intent, his words had stung her a little. Her clothes were enough to give that away? Sylvia looked down at herself, inspecting her dress, tugging at the cloth. "Am I t-that obvious?" Glancing around the bar, she took in what other people were wearing, and realized he may be right. It seemed she was the odd one out in her manner of dress.

"Um, then, sorry t-to disappoint b-but, I don't have an-any stories like that..." A lot she wanted to get off her chest? Sure. But the bunny didn't think her life story would be interesting to anyone, and certainly not to a treasure hunter. What was there to say? She was a shut-in and a failure.

"... You can't really remember s-something like that? But, I-I mean, surely, a d-dragons horde should be memorable!?" Just how much could he have gotten up to and have seen, to dismiss something like that with a shrug and an anecdote about cleaning it? "I g-guess if you c-can forget that then, y-you must be very successful? What else have you done?" Sylvia leaned forwards, interested to hear more.

And now he was offering to buy her a drink. Well, a little couldn't hurt right? As long as she's careful not to drink as much as she did last time. "I um, sure... j-just, nothing too strong please."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

Reinholdt gives a friendly shrug like it isn't too big a deal to stand out. "Little bit. And I don't believe that for one second, but I won't force you to share." Not right now at any rate. Maybe Sylvia would be more willing to later, if things end up veering that way.

He ends up holding up his hands in defeat. "I dunno, I've robbed like... four dragon hordes. And that's just since I got to the Nexus. The gold just kind of all blends together after awhile." Your first dragon horde is super special. You never forget your first. After that, you really just have to focus on the highlights: magic items and cursed artifacts. "I mean I've robbed other places and things too. Paladin forts, cyborg caves, cupid's arrow. I helped an angel rescue a wrongly imprisoned half-succubus recently. I guess that's something."

"What adventurers don't tell you is how long and often they have to sit in bars or libraries reading old manuscripts or waiting for the next exciting rumor. I've been bored out of my skull thinking about what to do. Had an idea or two, but you caught my eye first," Reinholdt's mouth curls into a saucy smirk. He motions to the barkeep. "One Blushing Rose for her and one Friar Tuck for me please." There. Two drinks light on alcohol in the event Sylvia wanted to take a sip from Rein's glass to see how it tastes.
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

Pangon Urshal simply watches Lyn Cha as she gets up, admiring her body one more time. When she leaves, she might hear (with her enhanced senses) the sound of a door being unlatched, unlocked and open.

Outside the door, it seems the guard has changed while she was inside. This guard is a man whom Lyn Cha hasn't seen before. He nods at her when she leaves, trying not to stare. A newcomer being invited into the grandmaster's chambers is quite unusual.

He will also tell her that her quarters have been arranged, on the second tier of the fort, where warriors live. They're sparse, but comfortable, consisting of two small rooms, a bed, a table and a number of other furniture. She will have time to rest and think there, but the story of her victory in the ring have spread by now and her visit to Pangon Urshal will surely do the same soon.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

Lyn Cha thanks the new guard, probably getting a little too sensually close personally and letting him smell all the activities of the last hour or so upon her body.

It's a small fort, metaphorically speaking. Giving the bath time gossip she's already heard, everyone knows what everyone else is doing within a day. Well, no matter for now. At the moment she simply settles into her room, meditating on the events so far, reviewing them in her mind again and again. The key question remains: Where is the Spear of Jarowit? The most likely place was still behind that locked door, though if it was, she'd have to not only find a time to get inside, but a way to get back out and to the extraction point without being caught. And if it isn't inside... her next best bet would be... Orrava? Perhaps.

For now, she needs to learn the Grandmaster's patterns. And for that, she'll join the warriors down in the courtyard in the morning for morning exercises and wait to see if he ends up showing up like he suggested he might. If he doesn't, well, that's fine. She's going to end up in his quarters at some point during the day.
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

Lyn Cha is right about news travelling around the fort quickly. Nonetheless, when she joins the exercises, she does so without incident, hushed whispers or hesitation from anyone. Gossip or not, the warriors' discipline holds firmly. As they practice their skills and their bodies, however, the discipline is broken by surprise, as Pangon Urshal does appear at the arena.

All eyes follow the grandmaster as he takes a place beside Barenza on the tower. There's a hushed exchange between them before he speaks, his voice carrying across the field.

"My students, my siblings. I have isolated myself for too long. I owe it to you to be more present. And I owe you an explanation. Yes, I did discover a powerful weapon I believe to have been Jarowit's. But its power and the implications of its existence are great. I believed I needed time to consider them both, and I do. But I must not neglect my other duties. Proceed with your training."

As he steps down from the tower, Barenza isn't far behind. She seeks out Lyn Cha with intent.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

Lyn Cha isn't above joining in paired exercises where appropriate, even if only a few of them approach the brother's level. She's been through everything and more these neophytes have been through. It took hard work, training, and often outright scraping to get where she is. An exceptional drive to prove she's worth more, worth something, worth anything to the drow she grew up with, no matter who she had to sleep with just to be given the opportunity. She only eyes these students of the martial arts with respect.

Pangon's arrival draws her attention and his words all but confirm that the spear is within his quarters. Perhaps she can seduce her way into him being comfortable leaving her there. Or she can slip some particularly potent sedatives into his tea. Escaping with the spear still poses a dilemma of course, though if Pangon were passed out, the challenge would be considerably lessened.

For now, Lyn Cha simply looks up as Barenza approaches, making herself ready and available for the martial arts queen.
► SHOW SPOILER
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Reinholdt wrote: Aug 18, 2022 8:40 am [Around the World in Eighty Posts]

Reinholdt gives a friendly shrug like it isn't too big a deal to stand out. "Little bit. And I don't believe that for one second, but I won't force you to share." Not right now at any rate. Maybe Sylvia would be more willing to later, if things end up veering that way.

He ends up holding up his hands in defeat. "I dunno, I've robbed like... four dragon hordes. And that's just since I got to the Nexus. The gold just kind of all blends together after awhile." Your first dragon horde is super special. You never forget your first. After that, you really just have to focus on the highlights: magic items and cursed artifacts. "I mean I've robbed other places and things too. Paladin forts, cyborg caves, cupid's arrow. I helped an angel rescue a wrongly imprisoned half-succubus recently. I guess that's something."

"What adventurers don't tell you is how long and often they have to sit in bars or libraries reading old manuscripts or waiting for the next exciting rumor. I've been bored out of my skull thinking about what to do. Had an idea or two, but you caught my eye first," Reinholdt's mouth curls into a saucy smirk. He motions to the barkeep. "One Blushing Rose for her and one Friar Tuck for me please." There. Two drinks light on alcohol in the event Sylvia wanted to take a sip from Rein's glass to see how it tastes.

"R-Robbed?" Sylvia seemed a little uncomfortable with the use of that word. The bunny hadn't exactly considered before how treasure hunting was basically, at it's core, stealing. Even if often from the long-dead, who probably are too busy being dead to mind. "B-but that's so much! I wish I-I could ever come close to doing something l-like that." Sylvia still appeared to be taken aback by how casual Reinholdt seemed to be about all those things. She couldn't imagine a life that exciting!

"Poring over old manuscripts d-doesn't sound so bad t-to me," she says. Sylvia has quite a collection of books. Fiction and history alike fascinates her. Rein's smirk causes her to blush just a touch deeper. "I-I still fail to see h-how I could be so interesting to s-someone who's um, seen as m-much as you."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

Barenza doesn't appear interested in fighting, at least not yet. When she reaches Lyn Cha, she has the clear look of someone who needs answers.

"You visit Pangon Urshal and the next day he finally sticks his head out of his shell. Just what did you do?"
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

Less ready to meet Barenza head on and more like coming to attention so Barenza feels like Lyn Cha isn't blowing her off by doing something else while they talk.

Lyn Cha shrugs slightly. "We trained together as student and master. He said he had all but given up hope there was vibrant prowess outside these walls and felt renewed about the next generation's potential." She wipes some sweat from her brow. "If I had to guess, basically I reminded him he shouldn't be such an old man," she replies with a little smirk.

"Uhhhh... treasure... poached?" Reinholdt rephrases. Honestly, it's not like the dragons needed any of that stuff. Is it not worse to let resources idle and waste? Well, Rein will just find lighter terms for this poor bunny's sensibilities. It may have been too harsh.

"Hmm... that's because you only see the rewards and not the risk. The danger to mind and body. The thrill of a near-death experience to remind you how precious, how important life is to be lived," Reinholdt says flourishing dramatically, brushing his fingers against Sylvia's hand as if about to take it into his, but barely restraining himself.

"The reading... is fine. It just gets dull and repetitive after awhile when you're cross referencing information about one area but all the historians agree and say pretty much the same thing." Rein sighs a bit. "Let's just say for every interesting tidbit, there's nine more reminding you that history repeats itself. A lot."

Reinholdt rubs his chin in thought. "An endless cycle even. A time loop perhaps? Well, it's all worth it if it brings me back here to meet you," Rein flashes Sylvia a smile. "Why don't you start by telling me what brought you out here tonight?"
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

"Given up hope... that sounds like what Orrava said about their last conversation." If Barenza has any suspicions about Lyn Cha's methods of getting Pangon Urshal to step outside, she doesn't voice them. She appears focused on something else. "If he could be pulled out of his doubts, maybe so can she. Which means I'm going to ask you for a favor. Come see her with me."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

Well it's not like the licentious affair between Lyn and Pangon could even remotely be considered a secret with the amount of shaking the room was doing, not to mention the moaning. And screaming.

"Oh! Uh, yeah, sure," Lyn replies to the unexpected request. "I wouldn't mind meeting another grandmaster. I doubt she'd grace me with a lesson, but I'm sure I can benefit just by being in her presence. And if it helps her out, then all the better. What time do you go to see her?"
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

"I intended to go there after today's noonday meal." Barenza shakes her head. Having to ask someone she barely knows for a favor doesn't sit well with her, but she's willing to resort to drastic measures. The determination in her is visible. Lyn Cha's arrival seems to have stirred up a tense, stale situation. What the ripples of her actions end up causing is yet to be seen. "He told her something that shook her to her core. If you could get him moving, maybe..."