Reinholdt's Repository IV

For free floating plots that wish to be separated from specific locales.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Re: Reinholdt's Repository IV

Post by Reinholdt »

[Catside after Catside]

Adam doesn't think June's a person, he thinks June is a hivemind of many very small people all united towards the same purpose and actions. Which may be a way to actually describe normal people as well depending on how deep and technical one wants to get.

"Well there are plenty of things that move without muscles as long as they have motor cells." Adam claims, having at least some experience with a variety of species to clue him in on the subject. "Uhh... basically, the idea is to use micro-growth and water to move around. When you lift the finger, you're filling the cells with water and causing it to 'grow' in a direction, but when it curls back in, you're withdrawing the water and 'shrinking' it. Actual volume changes are miniscule of course, the terms are somewhat misleading like that. Have you noticed any difficulty moving when dehydrated or in particularly cold weather? It's probably because you can't get the proper swell to shift your leg the way you want. I... think." Adam would say take it with a grain of salt, but his theory just recommended that June avoid a particularly salty diet.
► SHOW SPOILER
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

[Catside after Catside]

June is glad that Adam recognizes that his 'hivemind of small people' theory is kinda weird since it can technically describe anybody.

Or, rather, she would be glad if this was said aloud. Except, not really because this would be an awkward conversation that she's not ready to have yet.

"So kind-of like Venus Flytraps opening up?" she suggests. Except...probably not exactly like that. She knows how Venus Flytraps close (it's a bistable mechanism with pretension and leaky electrical signals etc etc) but not quite sure how they open (probably not the same way sunflowers move since that'd be weird).

She moves her fingers more, to see if she can feel the water moving.
maybe?

"...I don't like the cold anyway so I've been pretty much avoiding it," she says, "but, yeah, dehydration. Dehydration sucks and makes it hard to move. But that's basically just like for everyone." Not exactly the same way, though.

She closes her eyes, and remembers back to that blind hiking date last year, when they didn't have time to consider bringing a water bottle. "Okay, it seems like you're right, it's not 'just like'. Feeling stiff isn't quite the same as lethargy and dizziness."

June leans back and stretches. "So...your recommendation is to check out a mycologist, and maybe someone who knows something about hive mind stuff?" June asks. And his recommendation is to stop wearing cursed earrings, but seems like she's not listening to that part. "...And you've found that it's probably some DNA superposition style stuff. Well....it's a start," she says. "Thanks."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Catside after Catside]

"Probably closer to sunflowers I would think," Adam says. Those tend to have a larger range of motion over venus fly traps. Sort of. Adam's not much of a florist or gardener honestly. There are actual gardeners on the estate that would probably know more than him. This place has to be kept up to look as nice as it does.

"Sorry I can't recommend more. I can at least say that the surgery you went through and its results are benign and caused no damage to your overall structure. There's a chance that once you better understand yourself you can actually remove or give yourself cat ears without the aid of a medical procedure. Then again, there's also the chance it's so autonomous you'll not achieve that level of control." Like how you can force yourself to blink outside your natural blink patterns, but you can't tell your immune system how to work without outside intervention. The territory June's in makes it impossible to say which metaphor would be more appropriate without an extensive and lengthy series of scientific tests on June herself. But she's half-catgirl, not half-labrat.

"I do think I can still reverse the changes they made without any unwanted side effects, if you so desire. I won't pretend the procedure is entirely riskless given just how little we actually know of your biology. It would be routine otherwise."
► SHOW SPOILER
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Catside after Catside]

Being like a sunflower might be kind-of bad, since older sunflowers eventually stop moving around.
Then again, venus fly traps wouldn't be that good either since their leaves die off once they move too much.
It's a conundrum.

Being able to give or remove cat ears on her own...
That sounds pretty fun.
And interesting.
June mentally apologizes for not responding because she's too busy imagining it and thinking what sort of cool stuff she could do if she could do that. She's never been able to do anything as drastic as that, but she has been able to make certain body parts look a little larger or smaller.
It seems like a reasonable thing.

Upon realizing that she actually does need to give input, June clears her throat. "Oh, um." She bites her lip and twists to catch a glimpse at her tail. "I did say it was pretty cute earlier, right? If there's unknown risks and the only benefit is fewer catcalls, and refunds on month-old clothes, then there's really no need to do it."
And,
besides, it's much easier to explain to friends 'yeah that's just a side-effect of the unwanted surgery' instead of 'i'm trying to go cold turkey on succubus transformation potions' or 'so, i would carry around extra socks to stuff' when asked why her body type is so much more...flat.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Catside after Catside]

"I understand. In that case, at least allow me to compensate you for the new clothes you had to purchase as way of apology for all of this," Adam suggests as he starts to put away all the equipment and remove his gloves.

"And you know where to find us should you ever change your mind," Adam adds as he opens the door and prepares to lead June back out of the medical wing of the manse.
► SHOW SPOILER
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Catside after Catside]

June nods.
She doesn't have any equipment to put away so she feels a little awkward just watching Adam put his away.

And! it's actually an amazing offer. Buying bottoms with tail-holes is far cheaper than buying entire wardrobes to compensate for transformation potion dependency, and there was nobody willing to offer her 'compensation' for that.

She gets up and follows him out. "Well, if you're right about how it works then it's possible a reverse procedure would be entirely unnecessary if I change my mind," she says. But...if she does have the ability to do that, then. . .June balks at imagining the clothing expense of being able to change her own body at will. At least with the potion dependency, it was fairly consistent.

She follows him out of the medical wing.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Catside after Catside]

"If I'm right. Well, I suppose you'll figure it all out soon enough. Best of luck with all of that," Adam offers as they return to the livelier part of the mansion. June just has to limit her body changes to mimicking that of the potion. Or get more of the potion. One more hit wouldn't hurt right? Adam practically gave her a clean bill of health after all.

"Feel free to stay as long as you'd like. The servants are prepared for any requests you might have. I must get going myself though." Adam gives a slightly pretentious bow to his honored guest, waiting a moment to see if she requires any more of him before he heads off to do whatever important things he supposedly does around here.
► SHOW SPOILER
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Catside after Catside]

"Thanks," June says.
One or maybe two potions should be fine, to be honest, June thinks. Definitely can't use them as much as before, since she basically came out as a catgirl now and suddenly changing every couple days at work would lead to some awkward questions from management. But if she can learn to mimic it? Yeah, that'd be completely worth it.
Should be fine so long as she just sticks with it recreationally. Like, weekends or something. Or when going out. Or something like that.

Well, she nods. As Adam leaves, June doesn't make any requests: she just says for context, "I expected this to take longer so I've got two more sick days off work," she says. "Might as well use them, but I won't be staying after that."

There.
That way, if anything does come up, he'll know about when she's leaving.
June waits, and then goes off back to her room to decide how, exactly, she should spend the next day and a half. Watching more movies? Talking with, like, the three people she's met? Trying to see if she can actually change her DNA (or, more importantly, trying to figure out how she would know if she changed her DNA)? Yeah, it's going to be a lazy day-and-a-half.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Reinholdt wrote: Dec 28, 2022 8:33 am [Around the World in Eighty Posts]

Reinholdt strokes his chin in thought. "Yes... yes, what IF it got stolen?" Reinholdt repeats, a slow grin forming on his face as he stares at Sylvia. "Beauty and brains, by big bosomed bunny goddesses, you're a genius!" Rein's praises heap upon Sylvia as they reach the water's edge.

"He was an ancient sith lord of hide and seek. One of my tougher escapades, I'll admit. But don't worry, I cleared all the undead out last time I was here!" It's exceedingly improbable that more undead moved in between then and now.

Rein lets go of Sylvia's hand to pull out a pair of glass vials with some bluish liquid inside and a clump of kelp out of his pocket. "Step one of any decent heist is reaching the target. I presume you can't breathe underwater." Rein raises the vials. "These potions will let us breathe underwater for about thirty minutes." He repeats the motion for the kelp. "This will turn us into mermaids for a few hours instead. Which would you prefer?"
[Around the World in Eighty Posts]

"W-Wait, no, hang on, th-that wasn't a s-suggestion!" Sylvia stammers in a sudden panic and she's pulled along. And then the other thing Reinholdt at said caught up to her brain, and she blushed furiously. Thankfully, she wasn't given too much time to dwell on it- things were moving all too fast for her to linger on merely one single thing he had said.

Now she was by the water, desperately hoping that Reinholdt hadn't missed any of the undead. She looked at him, uncertain. "... I, I g-guess... j-just the underwater b-breathing ones?" And then, a pause, "Although, I'm, n-not a good swimmer, s-so..." She didn't feel great about the idea of changing her body so dramatically, even temporarily. That might be a bit too much adventure. But it was probably safer and easier. Sylvia found herself torn.
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

Reinholdt seemingly ignores Sylvia's protests to the stealing of someone else's expensive tech toy. Nothing can stop the heist train now! Except for the law, common sense, and/or explosives.

"Probably the better choice honestly," Reinholdt commends Sylvia's decision making as he puts the kelp away. "Being a mermaid while on the ship itself would actually probably be more of a problem than a help." With a light pop, Reinholdt removes the cork protecting the vial and empties the contents into his mouth with a sensual swallow.

There's another pop as he hands the second one over to Sylvia to drink. "Don't worry. I'll hold your hand so we don't lose each other all right? And we shouldn't have to swim for too long. I still remember where the airlock ladder is." As he does, his other hand wraps around hers and squeezes it reassuringly. There's an experienced adventurer here! Nothing can go wrong.
► SHOW SPOILER
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

"R-Right." Telling Sylvia not to worry was a pretty futile effort. The bunnygirl was an expert worrier. She hesitated, staring at the drink, but Rein's squeeze of her hand gave her some courage. As a faint blush rose to her cheeks, she raised the drink to her lips, and swallowed it down. "I'm ready, I, th-think..." Sylvia unconsciously squeezed his hand back tightly.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

Reinholdt gives a smile and a wink before falling into the lake, pulling Sylvia with him. It's cold. The potions do nothing for that. But they can indeed breathe underwater, as easily as they can air. Whether she finds that out without panicking is another story. Fortunately, that's why Rein just waits in this shallow end, keeping a hold of Sylvia's hand until she adjusts to the strangeness. As long as she needs.

Sort of... there's still a time limit on these potions so after a few minutes, if she still isn't calm, maybe focusing on swimming will help. Rein will start leading Sylvia down to the wonder that is the sunken saucer. There is indeed a hatch leading in that Rein's able to find with relative ease. He motions for Sylvia to help him turn the wheel that will give them access.
► SHOW SPOILER
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

The moment Reinholdt tugs her forwards, Sylvia's has regrets. She shrieks as she's pulled into the water, gasping from the sudden cold. As Reinholdt had expected, her immediate reaction was to panic. The bunny flails, kicking about, her first instinct to reach for the surface. Thankfully, the potion does it's job, and so does Rein's reassuring hand. It takes some time, but Sylvia begins to settle down a little, taking long, deep breaths- a difficult thing to convince oneself to do while underwater, where by any right you should not be taking any breaths at all.

Squeezing Rein's poor hand ever tighter, Sylvia finally allows herself to be pulled along. By the time they've reached the hatch, she's even been able to push away the anxious thoughts of the potion suddenly failing to appreciate the uniquely strange view of diving towards a sunken craft.

Sylvia does as beckoned, or perhaps more accurately, tries. It's clear she's never done all that much physical work, so depending on how tightly screwed or heavy the hatch wheel was, it could take a lot of awkward heaving and some considerable effort on her part to even be of mild help. Hopefully, it wouldn't be all that much of a problem though.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

Owowowowow, geeze, when did this bunny master the art of the squeeze? Rein's just amazed Sylvia can't open the hatch herself with that grip strength she possesses.

Fortunately, Rein possesses weak noodle arms of his own to make the job easier. After struggling almost as much as Sylvia, the duo manage to turn the wheel and get it open. There's a moment of struggle in which Rein just holds it half ajar while the water rushes in, but after it does, the door opens fully and the two can swim inside. This room is clearly designed for just these sort of situations, though normally it's air and space it's dealing with. Rein fully closes the hatch behind them, spinning the wheel to a solid lock before moving to the next door and getting it open with much less difficulty. The water all floods out and makes the floor wet as air floods in, leaving the two exceptionally wet, on solid ground with breathable air, inside a sunken spaceship.

Rein spits out a bit of lakewater and shivers a bit at the biting cold that's settled on him. "Ahh... I may have forgotten how convenient having a lake dragon that provided an air bubble last time was. Ugh... phew. How are you doing? Ok?" Reinholdt asks, eying Sylvia closely.
► SHOW SPOILER
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Sylvia seems about ready to give up with this whole thing as they struggled with the door, convinced that she had been right all along and she simply wasn't cut out for this sort of thing. And then, to her surprise, the wheel starts to budge. She's even more surprised when the two of them get it open and are able to make their way inside.

She twists about in the water, wondering if Rein was about to accidentally lock them in, but thankfully that wasn't the case. The next door of the airlock opens, sending the poor bunny tumbling with the rush of the now-flowing water. Finding herself sprawled on the floor, she starts to stagger to her feet, before changing her mind and pulling herself into a slump against the wall. She was shivering too, and pulled her arms and legs up close to her chest for warmth. She looked extremely bedraggled, drenched hair and layers of long clothes sticking to her skin. "Y-Yeah, I, th-think so, I just, n-need a minute. I'm c-cold though, and, uh, d-do you have anything d-dry t-to help w-wipe my glasses?" This was asked rather optimistically, given the circumstances.

Even as she shook with cold, she started to look around with some amazement. She was in an actual spaceship! Reinholdt wasn't full of tall tales after all, they were real! She just wished she had her notebook, but she had had to leave it behind, for obvious reasons.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

The spaceship corridor is lined with purple and blue metals of unknown origins, the composition of which would be a scientific discovery of a lifetime for any metallurgist. Probably win some sort of award or something, but all this means little and less to the duo. It's clear from the interior that there is the potential for real lighting of this spaceship, but the dim red glow of sparsely and intermittent placed lights do suggest that everything is running entirely on the bare minimum of emergency power. Still, that there is emergency power after the many years it's been down here is quite a positive sign on their alien efficiency.

"Y-y-yeah. Sorry, I d-didn't think it'd be that bad." Reinholdt pulls out some sort of magic handkerchief from thin air, monogramed with a cat holding a sniper rifle. It must be magic because it's completely dry and clean. He'll hand it to Sylvia, staring at her for several long seconds as he realizes just how soaked she is. And how visible that makes everything.

"BrrrRrrr... this isn't gonna work. Ok. Ok, you win stupid lake," Reinholdt says with a sigh. He follows this up by pulling off his leather jacket and tossing it to the ground. Then grabbing the hem of his clinging wet shirt he struggles and pulls it up and off him too, revealing his bare chest, the red light gleaming off its waxed surface. He then reaches for his pants starting to unbuckle them. "We can't go around in these wet clothes." Oh yeah, sure, that's what was going on. "The good news is, I have do have two sets of dry clothes we can wear..." The way Reinholdt trails off and the pitch of his voice suggests there is some bad news to go with it.
► SHOW SPOILER
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

She hadn't actually expected Reinholdt to have the solution at hand for her glasses problem, but Sylvia wasn't about to complain- though, as she always had with her family, she did find her magicless self feeling rather inadequate compared to Rein. If she could just artifice like the rest of the Brownlow's, this cold would be no bother- magical sources of heat were among the most common kind of artifice they sold after all! She takes the cloth gratefully, completely obliviousness to the current rather revealing nature of her clothes.

Sylvia dries off her glasses, putting them back on just in time to see her companion's shirt come off. Now it's her time to stare, before she very hastily turns away as his hands move to unbuckle his pants. She's thankful that the red lighting of the ship conceals the sudden blush rising to her otherwise cold and pale cheeks. What was he- who just does that, so casually!? "I-I, um, o-okay," she mumbles, staring very pointedly away and at the floor. The tone of his voice does not reassure her that the awkwardness was likely to ease soon. "What's, uh, th-the bad n-news?"
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

Reinholdt doesn't mean to make her feel inadequate! It's just that his now exposed underwear is also very wet and clings in such a way that it doesn't really hide anything at all.

Fortunately, she's not looking! Probably. Though her attention might be drawn back to him as two outfits on hangers appear, one in each hand. "I only have two clean sets to wear right now... uhh... do you want the French Maid outfit or the Sexy Nurse outfit?" Reinholdt asks, slightly blushing and looking away himself now, as if doing so could avoid all the potential questions this dichotomous choice presents. Regardless, whichever one she chooses, he's stuck wearing the other.
► SHOW SPOILER
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

There's a long, awkward pause where Sylvia merely blinks rapidly, taking in what was just said. Was he being serious? Surely, she'd just turn around and see two totally normal outfits.

She turned around.

Very promptly, her eyes flick back down, boring into the floor. There were multiple things she had just seen there that deepened the red of her face. Most importantly though, he hadn't been joking! "E-Excuse m-me?" She stammers, "Th-that, why, I-I can't wear a-any of those! Why, why d-do you e-even have th-those!?"
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

Reinholdt sighs. "Look, it's either this or hypothermia and if you get that, then we're going to have to get naked and get each other warm under some blankets or something..." Which doesn't sound so bad when Rein thinks about it. "But I did tell you it was bad news, didn't I?" He evasively doesn't answer Sylvia's one question.

"Tell you what, I'll just take sexy nurse. It doesn't really fit me well and it covers less, but that just means you get the warmer, more complete outfit." And Rein is nothing, if not a gentleman. Of sorts. He'll hook the French Maid outfit into a groove so it isn't sitting on the floor and then turn around so Sylvia doesn't feel like Rein is watching her change. And then proceed to slip into the Sexy Nurse clothes unless Sylvia has further objections or decides she wants it for herself.
► SHOW SPOILER
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

There's yet another long pause while the bunny grappled with this predicament. Cuddling naked with a stranger certainly wasn't on her plans, and besides, where would they get the blankets? Very fortunately for Reinholdt though, she's far more stuck on summing up the courage and fighting with her dignity over this whole idea than she is on pursuing any lingering questions.

"F-Fine. Th-that... y-yeah, okay..." French maid did seem like the better of the two options, she had to admit. And so, turning away, shivering, extremely reluctantly, she began to put on the clothes.

When she was done, she turned around, face flushed as red as a beet. She suddenly found it impossible to meet Rein's gaze- or generally look near him, as well, given the scantiness of his outfit in general. Her ears, still soaked, drooped downwards in defeat. "I-I... I, I, u-um, s-so, what n-now..?" She finally asks.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

'Well-well, now I should compliment you on your incredible beauty in that outfit," Reinholdt says. That's a tall ask, given he himself isn't really looking directly at Sylvia any more than she was looking at him. He was used to looking sexy in outfits that covered most of his body rather than exposing it and this was... well, a lot of it didn't fit well at all.

Reinholdt clears his throat as he turns away, mercifully looking away but also exposing an entirely different section of himself. "We-we... we should go, uh... power room. Y-yeah. We gotta look for the power room. And the bridge. So exploring the ship time," Reinholdt says, giving them both something new to focus on. He starts walking forward into the halls of the spaceship.

"Shouldn't be too hard. I think it's around here somewhere. To the left... or maybe right." Reinholdt shrugs and heads to the right. Signs posted in entirely alien symbols exist here and there in the hallways, presumably telling the crew where things are, but what the heck does squiggle squiggle half turn underline mean anyways?
► SHOW SPOILER
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

"I-I-I'd um, r-rather we n-not t-talk about how I d-do or don't l-look in th-this... this th-thing r-right now..." Sylvia mumbled, still staring pointedly at the ground. She'd rather not even think about their current state of dress.

"R-Right." As it soon would turn out, navigating a spaceship while looking only at ones feet is not exactly particularly efficient, and Sylvia would be forced to raise her gaze. Fortunately, as Reinholdt too seemed to notice, the corridors of an unknown spaceship provided a lot in the way of much-needed distractions. Although there's only so much corridor you can see before it begins to lose its sense of wonder. Still, for now at least, it held Sylvia's attentions, the bunnygirl amazed at the alien architecture.

She blinks, a little confused at how her companion could so easily just pick a direction with no idea where it leads. What if there's some awful danger! What if it's the wrong way and they get lost! Following him, however, was a better option than staying and being left behind, so follow him she did. "U-Um. This p-place is, uh, abandoned, r-right? N-Nothing else here?" She asked, a little nervously, constantly looking around as if expecting to hear a mysterious sound from the darkness. "How m-much do you remember f-from l-last time?"
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

"Abandoned..." Reinholdt mulls the word over, clearly thinking about it. "How would I know?" He shrugs nonchalantly.

"It's been ten years since I was here last. Though, I suppose there isn't that much in an already explored lake that would bother coming aboard. It'd be a different story if this were the ocean. Not that it was empty the last time I was here," Reinholdt admits, finding a door and trying to open it with partial success. Enough to slip inside a new room anyways.

It just appears to be a cargo bay though. Boxes, it seems, are still universal across all cultures, alien or otherwise. Rein heads over to one and starts trying to open it, but it proves much hardier than the door. It doesn't help Rein can't figure out where the seams on this were supposed to be. Why did this box have to be too perfect? Damn this alien anti-theft technology!

"Are you familiar with Wally? The weird guy who wears stripes, goes on adventures, gets lost, needs to get found? At some point for some reason... I don't really remember why or how or when, but I guess I pissed him off and maybe also killed him? Maybe I didn't find him in time. Either way he came back as a zombie sith lord looking for revenge and brought an entire zombie sith horde on board to kill me. There was a duel and also some hard flushing and zombie murder. Anyways, point is, I killed him- again I think- here along with his sith zombie army and narrowly escaped with my life last time I was here. So... point is... place is probably empty now."
► SHOW SPOILER
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Ten years did seem like a long enough time that it seemed unlikely anything nasty would still be lurking around. That was reassuring, at least. Didn't stop her from anxiously peering into every dark corner though.

She does wonder what is in the weird boxes, but on seeing that Rein is struggling with them she simply assumes that she would personally have zero chance of ever getting one open. Although, now Reinholdt was starting to talk, and she was rapidly starting to wonder if he really was a treasure hunter extraordinaire. He clearly knew enough to get her into a secret sunken UFO, but... what on earth was he going on about now?

"Wally? The... ch-character in the k-kids picture books? W-Who you k-k-killed... a-and... that uh, s-sure..." She didn't want to challenge him or actually accuse him of lying, but the disbelief was clear in her voice. "S-So where are all th-the z-zombie b-bodies..?" It was probably quite a blessing she didn't believe him on this one, or else she'd probably be clinging behind Rein shaking in terror already. Though, that might be the ideal outcome for him.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

If Sylvia looks around enough, she may note one crate that appears to have been torn open from the inside and is now empty. Or she could miss it entirely, it does blend in a little with the other crates.

Reinholdt abandons his efforts for now. "Eh, we'll get to these later. There's a bigger prize to be had," Reinholdt offers as an excuse, going to step back out of the cargo room and continue down the halls.

"Yeah, it's just the weirdest part is I don't for the life of me remember how I pissed him off in the first place! Maybe he mistook me for someone else. When you're a zombie sith hide and seeker on an abandoned UFO, your mind starts playing tricks on you, you know?" This is common sense. "Oh in my desperation, I flushed them all out of the UFO. One of those pull a lever and be the only one secured moments. So I think they're probably settled on the bottom of the lake bed if I'd have to guess. Definitely wouldn't check down there." Getting grabbed by one of them is pretty frightening. That's not the kind of cuddles Rein is looking for in a relationship!
► SHOW SPOILER
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Sylvia, in all her worried paranoia, is looking around constantly, and so her eyes do indeed find the open crate. All of a sudden, she found herself sticking a lot closer to her companion, despite how awkward it made her feel what with their current getups. Reinholdt's story suddenly seemed a little less far-fetched. And opening an airlock would explain where all the evidence went. Maybe there was some truth to it..?

"U-Um, d-did any of th-those z-zombies jump out of c-crates? Cus... one i-is open..." A pause, as she tries to distract herself. "W-what's the bigger prize?"
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

"Hmm? No, I don't think so," Reinholdt says, looking over to the crate Sylvia means and immediately stepping towards it without hesitation to look inside. This way and that, something within surely going to jump his face at any moment. But it doesn't and he returns to Sylvia's side, lightly touching her arm to assure her no one's died. "Well whatever was in there got out ages ago if the lightly growing alien mold in the back of the crate is any indication. Probably before the ship crashed. Whatever it was it's likely dead or escaped by now."

Nothing to worry about!

"Uhh... the ship? Didn't you say stealing a UFO was a great idea? I thought it was your idea. Well whatever. We're taking it. It's ours now!
As soon as we find the power core and turn it back on anyways."

Better keep looking.

The next room they can get into has a bunch of pods with that annoying frosted glass that won't let you see what, if anything, is inside of them.
► SHOW SPOILER
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Sylvia sighs in relief as nothing terrible leaps out at Reinholdt. Yeah, yeah, he was probably right. If he flushed everything out, how could anything be left? Still, Sylvia kept closer now, though she was still doing everything in her power to look anywhere but at Rein. Or herself, for that matter. Best to just... try forget they were wearing these.

She blinked. "Th-that was y-your idea!" She had forgotten about those stated aims. It was hard to keep track of things when time seemed to be moving a lot slower than it should be- as if some particular mysterious weaver of their fates was really really slow at her job. But that would be silly.

The next room does not bring her much comfort. Anything could be lurking in those pods. Sylvia skirts as far away from them as she can, eyeing each nervously. "D-Do you know w-what this ship w-was for? W-What it was c-carrying?"
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

"Was it? ... Yeah, probably. Sounds like something I'd say." That means it must be true.

Reinholdt likewise doesn't mess with the pods very much. They're all closed and you can't see in them and he's not going to break them open to find out. What if they're useful later! Like... deep sleep hyper jumps or whatever. Don't break your own ship, that's a Rein rule.

Rein glances at Sylvia again, stealing a peak at her in that ravishing outfit each time she asks a question, but too self conscious of his own skimpy suit to stare for long. "I... have no idea now that you mention it. Could be anything. We could guess. Closest gets to ask anything of the other person. Within reason."

Turning the conversation into a bet he continues on. Fortunately the next room appears to be what he's been looking for. It's pretty hard to claim it's anything other than the engine room/power core. Alien power cores all seem to be excessively large and cylindrical and futuristic looking. It also looks to be distinctly off and powered down. "AHAH! Purrrfect~" Rein rubs his hands together gleefully.
► SHOW SPOILER