Reinholdt's Repository IV

For free floating plots that wish to be separated from specific locales.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Re: Reinholdt's Repository IV

Post by Meowmai »

[Around the World in Eighty Posts]

Poached wasn't exactly that much of an improvement to Sylvia. The anxious bunnygirl was about the furthest thing from a criminal one can get. Hell, the most rebellious thing she's ever done was probably just sticking her tongue out and pouting at her mother as a child.

Sylvia leaned in a little closer as Rein waxed poetically about the risks of adventuring. The idea seemed to equally excite and terrify her. By now Rein had probably noticed that it was quite easy to read her emotions, as her expressions and body language were rather obvious- either the bunnykin had no idea how to restrain herself in this regard, or she simply didn't care. Given her general demeanor, the former seemed more likely. Either way, the blush on her face as the fey brushed her fingers was certainly not well hidden.

"I-is it r-really that dangerous..?" she asks, uncertainty in her voice. It's not that Sylvia was completely unaware of the dangers of the world. It's more that she was hoping to hear something different. She's spent her whole life holed up in the Warrens out of fear of travelling, away from the safety and comforts of her home. And now it seemed, to her at least, that Reinholdt was confirming her worst fears about this whole thing. "I-I admit I find that d-difficult to understand... s-something like that sounds awfully scary..." Although for all her doubts it had seemed his little speech had impacted her a little. For all that the concept of a near-death experience sparking revelry in life confused her, it was obvious enough that her current sheltered life didn't even come close to causing such feelings.

Reinholdt's comments on the reading seemed to disappoint her too. "Oh..." In her head she had imagined it a lot more like diving through old manuscripts, blowing dust off of the ancient paper to reveal long-lost secrets. Mind you, even her imaginary fantasy had some problems. With Sylvia's constitution, the moment she touched some old dusty scroll she'd probably start sneezing all over the place.

"U-Um, it's a little silly..." Sylvia stammers hesitantly. But, well, they say flattery can't get you everywhere, but it does seem to work quite well on this particular bunny. "I... don't know, I-I thought th-that... w-well I've been trying to sum up the courage t-to travel but..." Her ears droop, and she looks down self-consciously. "A-And I guess, last time I went into a b-bar I found someone to talk to, and I g-guess I was hoping it would happen a-again..."
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

"Oh? She hasn't told you what it was?" Lyn Cha asks. That's unfortunate. Can't be great for Barenza's pride either. "I mean, I'll do what I can but I'm not promising anything." She's no councilor or therapist or whatever other boo-hoo emotion scientist people use to make themselves feel better.

Geeze. Reinholdt had all but gotten her shaking. Are normal people really this scared of life-pounding threats and doom? "Ah, uh, no. Play it smart, adventure with an experienced companion, and most danger is really quite minor. You much more likely to get your knee scraped or an arm broken than you are to lose your life and those things can be easily fixed with the miracle of modern medicine." Healing potions. That's the miracle. Though Rein always uses it as an excuse to go to hot doctors and bother them so he doesn't really have healing potions.

"Sounds like you've been succeeding, gloriously," Reinholdt points out, flourishing to himself. "Good job." Rein nods with solemn praise and admiration.

"I was actually thinking about traveling today. I've heard rumors of an airplane pilot offering flights out and about the country and always wondered what it was like to fly." Well, to have someone else fly him. It'd be novel to not have to work at it himself for once. "You should come with me. After you finish your sketch of course," Reinholdt offers with a smile.
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

Barenza is, indeed, not happy about having to ask Lyn Cha for help. It's very clear from her countenance. She's proud, as one would expect from a warrior of her skill. But she does what has to be done.

"See you in the afternoon, then. And thank you for helping."

Unless Lyn Cha has something else to add, Barenza will take her leave. Lyn will be free to train until noon if she wishes.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

Hmm... too late to squeeze in training with Pangon. Ilpholin may be able to do it in the evening. Which would be better anyways, one of the goals being to end up staying in his quarters overnight. Though maybe it would be better to skip today? Leave him teased and wanting more.

If seducing him were the goal, perhaps. No small part of her actually wishes to learn from him. And the time she has to spend here can't be too excessive. No, better to see him when she can.

She might be getting ahead of herself though. Ilpholin has no idea how long this trip to see the former grandmaster will take, nor if it will sap her of all her energy. One step at a time then.

Lyn Cha will train until about eleven, swing by the baths for a quick and sensuous dip, before meeting up with Barenza after the noonday meal. At least, that's her plan.
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

Lyn Cha will be largely undisturbed as she goes about her business. Though she has a reputation of someone who made quite the entrance and then spoke to the grandmaster (and seemingly coaxed him to leave his chambers), the warriors' curiosity is so far restrained. She can feel the eyes on her, though. No doubt curious people will strike up a conversation sooner or later, especially if she's seen entering Pangon Urshal's door again or displays more martial prowess.

The noonday meal is composed of rice, lentils, water and bread. A light but filling one. When that's done, Barenza is waiting for her outside.

"Let's go. It's not very far, thankfully. Far enough to be isolated while maintaining some contact."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

Lyn's at least fairly used to being ogled, eyed, stared at, and all other manner of attention, wanted or unwanted. She didn't particularly care either way today, spending most of training thinking about ways to extract Jarowit's Spear with the least historical fuss.

She'll meet up with Barenza at the appointed time and nod respectfully. "Does Grandmaster Orrava see anyone besides you?" Lyn asks as she follows the warrior.
► SHOW SPOILER
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Whether or not normal people are usually this scared of life-threatening events is a perhaps a good question for someone like Reinholdt to ponder on, but it's not quite the right question for Sylvia. This particular bunny manages to be far more scared of anything than the average normal person. She breathes a minor sigh of relief, although she still noticeably flinches at the mention of potential broken bones. "O-Oh. Th-that's... reassuring... I-I think." Growing up in wealth, and with magic artificers in her family, getting good medical help had never been a worry to her. Her tendency to shy away from any potentially risky task had meant that asides from sickness, that had never really been something she needed to seek out.

She chuckles a little. As anxious as she was, Rein's charm seemed to help put her at ease. "Y-Yes, I rather think I d-did."

She blinks a little at his offer, and then seems to freeze. "Travelling where? I d-dunno if I could. I-I mean, it's j-just, I've never done anything l-like this before, and it's so s-sudden, and I only just m-met you, a-and I don't know what m-my family would th-think and, um, I j-just don't kn-know..." She frets over the idea, although there's something in her voice that suggests she's maybe not entirely against the idea. Like she wants to be talked into it maybe?
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

"Some servants, now and then, when they bring her something. But she doesn't speak to them much, or so they tell me."

The two warriors' walk leads them through the walls of the fort, but it's a different gate than the one Lyn Cha entered through. It's a much smaller one, used rarely. They exit onto a narrow path winding itself through a hillside that was turned into a number of terraces, used for cultivation of crops. Servants look up from their work as they pass, but don't pay them much attention.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

Still respected enough as a former grandmaster to receive the attention of servants. Or perhaps that's just how the caste system around here works. Even if Lyn Cha is able to get Orrava out of her slump, it's probable that Orrava's lost so much social standing she won't be able to do much anyways. Well externally anyways. Her life would probably improve.

"What can you tell me about her anyways? Anything I should know?"

Reinholdt slightly edges her drink closer to her. Yeesh. Take a sip and work that edge off. Rein takes a small drink of his own beverage. "We wouldn't be travelling anywhere. We would be circling around. Think of it like going on a tour bus. Except it's in the air." And there's barely room so they have to snuggle close. So exactly like a tour bus.

"Well I would imagine your family would appreciate you becoming cultured and broadening your horizons." Don't all rich families travel and pretend to mingle? "Well I plan on going and I could use the company. I don't know if I'd be able to just go by myself. Kind of lame, right? So you'd be doing me a big favor. We could call it even in exchange for posing for your sketch?" Rein didn't exactly put much effort into that, but whatever works.
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

Barenza smiles, her hard face warming slightly with affection.

"She's one of the greatest warriors you'll ever meet. One of the few who could stand up to Pangon Urshal. And she cares about people. She got her start fighting against overwhelming odds in a war that threatened her homeland. Then she fought off a demon incursion alongside Urshal. When she came here, the community already existed, but she had a clear vision of what it should be. Open to anyone who can keep up with us. She became grandmaster with this idea. And I was with her every step of the way."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

Lyn Cha begins to wonder if this love Barenza has for Orrava is reciprocated to the same level. Or if this is not a level of idolization that's been engrained over the years. Guess she'll find out soon enough. Damn demons though. Always murdering and incursioning. They got pushed back so many times, that's why they're all trying to warm up and be buddy buddy nowadays. Stab society in the back while they welcome the demons with open arms. Disgusting filth.

"Have you ever been able to stand up to him? Pangon Urshal? Or Orrava for that matter?" Barenza's one of the few people she's met she hasn't yet seen fight.
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

"Orrava, yes. Pangon Urshal, no." Barenza is clearly not happy about it, but acknowledges it. "Perhaps it's because I know her fighting style better. I've fought him to a standstill a few times and always gave him a real workout... but I've never beaten him."

As the two women walk and speak, the cultivated fields give way to brush. The path curves along the hillside until they can see a small cottage in the distance. It's surrounded by a fence and there seems to be a small garden nearby. A woman is walking around and checking on it, but turns around to face the newcomers when she sees them. Orrava waves to her.

Once they're closer by, Lyn Cha will see that Orrava is a short and stout woman, with tight, corded muscles and broad hips and chest. Her complexion is lighter than Barenza's, closer to tan, and her hair is dark brown, likewise greying. Much like her lover, she also bears some scars of a lifetime of fighting. Her sharp features indicate she comes from a different place than this.

"Barenza, love. You're here early. And... a guest, I see?"

"Not just any guest. This is Lyn Cha, who arrived yesterday and already made an impact. She defeated Pangon Urshal's sons three on one and convinced him to come out and speak to us today."

Orrava's eyes dart to Lyn Cha, conflicted emotions in her face.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

Well to be fair to Barenza, Ilpholin's never beaten Pangon Urshal either. But then it sounds like Barenza's tried a lot harder. It wouldn't hurt to see what techniques Barenza has developed as well. She surely has her own style worth examining if she can give the Grandmasters a run for their money.

Lyn Cha gives Orrava a respectful bow, the old lady's words clearing up any doubts about reciprocated affections. "It's a pleasure to meet you Grandmaster. I've traveled to this land upon hearing of the followers of Jarowit in the pursuit of physical and martial perfection. I have just begun tutelage under Pangon, but I would relish the opportunity to benefit from your wisdom and experience as well."

If training gave Pangon hope, maybe it will work for Orrava as well. "I've heard you fought off a demon incursion before. Did that inspire any special techniques against that particular foe?"
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

Orrava and Barenza look at each other briefly. As adept as Lyn Cha is at recognizing people's intentions, she can likely tell Orrava is very curious about her dealings with Pangon Urshal, but being addressed as a grandmaster gives her a certain obligation.

"The demons were fiercer foes than I'd ever met. A myriad of forms and shapes, each more twisted than the other. I learned two things fighting them. One, I had to hone my ability to spot the enemies' weak spots beyond what's possible for most humans, to recognize them in the demons' horrid forms. Two, I learned how to avoid attacks that can flatten a cedar tree, with my agility and my shield."

"Might be a tad difficult to teach those here, but we should be able to improvise. Pangon Urshal received her in private."

A smile on Orrava's face seems to suggest she guesses just what transpired there, but she won't bring it up.

"When the two of us fought together against them, I would often expose the demons to the blows of his twin axes. If you've trained with him, surely you've felt their power."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

Hmm... Orrava has slept with Pangon too most likely. Was she the mother of any of those three? No... they surely would be much tougher. Maybe? They could just be too young. In time with training, they could each match Ilpholin individually. What a tangled web Pangon has slept with.

Or Orrava is just far too familiar with Pangon's predilections. Lyn rubs her shoulder, still a little more sore from yesterday than she cares to admit for someone with regenerative powers. "Yes, I'm familiar with Pangon's axes and at least two techniques he uses with them." She's more familiar with the other techniques he employed that night though.
► SHOW SPOILER
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Reinholdt wrote: Sep 05, 2022 6:15 am[Around the World in Eighty Posts]

Reinholdt slightly edges her drink closer to her. Yeesh. Take a sip and work that edge off. Rein takes a small drink of his own beverage. "We wouldn't be travelling anywhere. We would be circling around. Think of it like going on a tour bus. Except it's in the air." And there's barely room so they have to snuggle close. So exactly like a tour bus.

"Well I would imagine your family would appreciate you becoming cultured and broadening your horizons." Don't all rich families travel and pretend to mingle? "Well I plan on going and I could use the company. I don't know if I'd be able to just go by myself. Kind of lame, right? So you'd be doing me a big favor. We could call it even in exchange for posing for your sketch?" Rein didn't exactly put much effort into that, but whatever works.

Sylvia unconsciously takes Reinholdt's hint, and begins to sip at her drink. There's a moment where she blinks a little, confused, and her ears drooped. She suddenly looked rather bashful. "Oh. Um, S-sorry, I-I misinterpreted that." The bunnygirl seems to relax a little- although only a little. Despite the fact that flying was actually quite safe, it didn't sound safe to her. Sylvia liked to have her feet firmly planted on the ground, thank you!

"I guess... i-if I'm not gone too long, th-they might not mind..." she ponders aloud. Although honestly, despite it's half-hearted nature, Rein's encouragement was starting to work on her. A break from her families pressures would certainly be nice. And this could be... something of a first step towards getting out more, like she means to. "M-maybe I could give that a t-try." She looks down a little self consciously at her sketch after being reminded of it, but gives a little nod.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

"He once split a demon-lord into quarters with a blow, with my help. Demons were his favorite foe in those days." Orrava's eyes seem to glimmer with pride when she says this. A color returns to her countenance that was absent before. Barenza winks to Lyn Cha, seemingly pleased with how things are going. "I had bled it like a stuck pig to prepare it for his attack. It seemed shocked it could bleed so much." A predatory smile crosses her face as she remembers her old battles. "Does either of my techniques interest you?"
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

Reinholdt shrugs a bit. "It's fine." He suspects Sylvia is the kind of person who misinterprets things in the worst possible way a lot. It's a bad habit to break, he's all too familiar. Admittedly it took a couple of apocalypses, two attempts at therapy, and a genie wish to just make progress. And even then...

Sylvia agrees! Kind of sort of, mostly. "Well I'm going to suggest we get going to do that now then! Before you change your mind." And if Rein gives her time, he's all but certain she'll start flip-flopping and hip-hopping. He'll hold out his hand for Sylvia's to lead her away, just waiting for her to take his palm.

[Into a World that Was]

"They certainly earn their demises," Lyn Cha says with no small amount of disgust, though not at the amount of blood described. Lyn gives another little bow. "Of course. I would be honored to learn both of them. Though I suspect the latter more physical and thus easier to teach?" The other seems more mental and more difficult to impart. Though no less worthy of attention.
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

"You seem well-familiar with the demons yourself. You may have more in common with me and Pangon Urshal than I thought. Perhaps... you can tell me more later. I do want to know how you got him out of his malaise. And how much he told you about what he's learned."

"I wouldn't mind hearing more myself." Barenza seizes the opportunity. Stirring Orrava's blood with war stories and training works to her advantage.

"You're correct that the latter is easier to teach. Barenza and I have developed a method for it. It may result in bruises. As for the other... it is easier when you have demons to practice it on. Or shape-changing fey. But I can impart the basics. In time, hopefully, you can master it."

"Let me pick up some suitably large wooden log, then." An ominous statement from Barenza. "And she'll need a shield."
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

"R-right..." Sylvia nearly chokes on her drink. "Wh-what!? U-um, now? Right now? U-um..." The bunny looks back and forth between Rein and the bar exit. She had certainly not been expecting to be put on the spot like this. ... I... s-sure..." she reluctantly, and shyly, reached out to take his hand, gently blushing as she did so. Maybe that was just the alcohol though, although then again, very little had actually been drunk.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

Lyn shakes her head and shrugs. "I honestly am not sure myself? Maybe I'm a little too detached from the order to know exactly. I just kind of figured it was because I was so brazen as to go to him and request training from him on my first day. But maybe I could better help you if you told me what brought about Pangon's malaise to begin with? I gathered it has something to do with the artifact he discovered? If you tell me, I'd be happy to try and enlighten you." A little information exchange.

She raises an eyebrow though, feigning only a mild concern. "I'm no stranger to bruises." She looks back from Barenza to Orrava. "Do you have a shield inside or shall we improvise one?" Maybe there's a trash can lid around. Yeah. That'll do great against large wooden logs...

"Well yeah. There is no time other than right now." It's the only time! Rein likes to deny the past and the future because he's fucked up both so badly. But right now is doing pretty ok for itself. His hand wraps around Sylvia's so that she can no longer escape her choice, though it's not an unpleasant feeling as Reinholdt leads her out of the bar.

"So what parts of the Nexus have you seen already?" Reinholdt asks as he holds open the door for her to the taxi he just hailed, giving the driver instructions on where to go to get to the plane landing strip that awaits them both. He's pretty sure the airplane pilot will be there today! They did advertise this time as being available, even if Rein did not call ahead and reserve a slot.
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

"No, no. I took some weapons with me when I went into seclusion. You can use one of my shields." Said shield turns out to be made of iron, but surprisingly light. There's a stylized head of a griffin painted on it.

Lyn Cha having been given a shield, Barenza will proceed to heft a large wooden log. She doesn't look like she should be able to - it seems her training has given her prodigious strength beyond her size. She will swing it thrust it towards Lyn Cha, not quickly enough to do serious damage but enough to knock her back if it hits. The goal of the exercise is to learn how to deflect the force of the attack instead of absorbing it with the shield. Thus she can advance and go in for the kill without losing speed. Even use its momentum to spring forward. As they practice, Orrava will answer Lyn Cha's question.

"Well, that is fair. He found a spear. It belonged to Jarowit. It seems he had sought it for a while. His search began once we parted ways after the war with the demons. You have heard he is rumored to be descended from him, yes? And there are those who say Jarowit was a god. Finding his legendary spear was meant to shed some light on both.

What he's learned is that if Jarowit was a god, he wasn't always one. He used to be mortal, like any of us here. His spear is powerful, but made by mortal hand. But not by any techniques we can replicate or even understand. He realized that this world used to be so much more, enough that a mortal could, perhaps, become a god. Or so powerful that he was like a god to us. But something broke and the world is winding down. He tried to attune to the spear, master it and unlock its secrets, but it's impossible. Not for any lack of skill on his part, but because it cannot be done anymore."

"Would have been much better if he'd never found it. Let the past stay the past." Barenza wipes the sweat off her brow. Orrava seems surprised by what she just said.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Sylvia is not sure she agrees with Reinholdt's philosophy. She couldn't stop constantly worrying about the future herself. The again, maybe he had a point. Things would sure be a lot easier if she could just focus on the present.

Before she can make any second choices, the bunny finds herself pulled along. "Um, I-I, uh... I haven't r-really left Inside..." she shyly admits, clearly self-conscious of the fact. Sylvia hadn't even visited many places within Inside, but she wasn't quite ready to admit things were that bad with her. She sidles into the tax, which is a little bit more tricky than it might normally be given her long and delicate dress.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

"Thank you," Lyn says as Orrava offers a shield of her own. The raven haired beauty tests the weight carefully. She's used shields in the past, especially after her augmentations allowed her full freedom of weaponry, but it was still perhaps her least comfortable tool of choice.

Fortunately, that gives her a slight edge in learning the technique. Deflection is one other weapons use frequently and she's rarely chosen to absorb an attack in her life. Not willingly anyways. This was just... larger... and harder. Harder by far. She'd have to truly master the tilt and angles.

"So... fix it," Lyn Cha grunts bluntly. "The world that is. If you cannot, then find someone who can. And if they cannot, pave the way so that your children or your children's children can. There are... things worth fighting for that will not be accomplished in our lifetimes. If the world is slowing, dying, then surely a newer, brighter one will be reborn from its ashes." That's the circle of fire after all.

This all explains why Pangon has been loathe to reveal his discovery. As he and Orrava fell into despair, they could only imagine the crushing weight it would have on the students. On new recruits. The entire order would quickly collapse. In this much, they were wise to keep it a secret.

And Barenza makes an interesting point. Would she... support the disappearance of Jarowit's spear? A thought to consider.

Lyn Cha actually laughs a little though. "I still couldn't tell you then what changed Pangon's mind. Perhaps it was that I was able to shine bright enough to withstand his onslaught. Or maybe he thinks of me as a future goddess." A mortal, singularly devoted of purpose, of power, and with enough charisma to be followed. The potential was there, however unlikely. Perhaps the potential was enough.

"That's good," Reinholdt reassures Sylvia, though it might come across as confusing so Rein explains. "It means that wherever we end up flying will be a new experience for you! You won't see anything you've already seen. I actually envy you this moment." Reinholdt flashes Sylvia a smile.

"So does that mean you live in Inside then?" Reinholdt asks as they're ferried to the edge of the city. "One of those big houses in the nice neighborhoods? Or a super big house in that one 'you're too poor to even look at this' neighborhood?" How those fancy estates always seem to escape the apocalypses around Inside that used to happen eludes Reinholdt. The power of money he supposes.
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

"I don't know about goddesses, but I'm not in the least surprised you caught his attention." Orrava is definitely done with pretending she doesn't realize what Lyn Cha and Pangon Urshal were up to together. "In the old days I'd expect him to ask you to bear him a child eventually. Now... who knows. But perhaps you didn't need to do much. Just talking to someone new, who showed him there's still skill and power out there, could have shaken him out of his gloom."

"And she's right," Barenza adds as she hefts a wooden log for another exercise. "We can't change what was and can only do so much about what will be. We need to focus on where we are and what we can do. The spear? It may come in handy if we need to fight another fey behemoth or demon leviathan, but right now all it's done is sow doubt."

"Perhaps you're right... it disturbed Urshal and me. Without driving us to... do anything about it."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

Lyn snickers. "Is that what he asked you to do? Bear him a child?" She's genuinely curious how close these two grandmasters got, though Lyn's aware Barenza is right there.

"I don't have the luxury of eventually. I must learn what I can and return to Iravvi as swiftly as I can manage," Lyn Cha assures them. Sticking around is not on the table.

"Fey behemoths? Have you fought many? Do they come around often?"
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

Orrava laughs. Barenza rolls her eyes, but it's good-natured. Orrava has the unmistakable look of a veteran reminiscing about past battles and their aftermath.

"Yes, he did. During the demon wars. He said we'd make a fierce and beautiful child once the war was over. He was right, no doubt, but even though I hadn't met Barenza yet, I had no interest in men or child-bearing. He took it gracefully and we remain comrades in arms. When the war was over he received a proposition from a princess of that land."

"Fey behemoths are... more of a myth. You see very large and fierce fey now, but legends say Jarowit and other gods or heroes fought truly monstrous ones. Maybe it's part of the world's decline."

"Thus we hardly need a legendary weapon from a lost age to battle them. Maybe Lyn Cha is indeed right and the spear brought us more trouble than it's worth. I should speak to Pangon Urshal about it when I return."

"When?" Barenza's face lights up.

"A new wind is blowing. Something's changed. I can't stay cooped up in here."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

"A princess? How fancy of him." Well it's a step up from the barmaids she initially believed he knocked up. At least in terms of social status. Which matters a good deal to the warrior, surprisingly. Drow politics never leaves you, no matter how many years away from court.

"Hah. Well, if you decide you don't need it, the Iraavi people could certainly use a weapon of that caliber," Lyn says, only half-jokingly. "Have you heard of the King in Rags?"
► SHOW SPOILER
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

"R-Right, sure..." Sylvia tried to focus on the point Rein was making. This was what she had wanted, right? To get away and see the world? Besides, as he said, it was just a tour flight. What was she getting all worried about? "Really?" She looks surprised at the idea that one who had clearly experienced so much could be envious of her, simply because it was a new thing to her.

"I d-do. Although, um, a-actually, we- I m-mean, m-my f-family and a f-few other Lapin l-like us d-don't do b-big houses l-like th-that. W-Well, w-we still have some s-space and, our place is very n-nice, but, w-we live in an apartment building. W-We call it The Warrens. We're all, um, Lapin o-or, or other r-rabbit families th-there. M-Most of us are, quite um, c-communal." Sylvia certainly moved against the grain in that regard. That being said, it still meant she was most used to living in smaller places with a lot more other people around than other wealthy families would be. And The Warrens was far from being a tight or uncomfortable place to live either. A lot of the spaces were laid out quite comfortably and practically, and the various rabbit inhabitants had made it quite cozy. And it only got better for those with wealth to spare. Sylvia's family owned quite a few interconnected rooms on the top floor, all of which were quite lavishly yet homely decorated.

"W-Well, what a-about you? Do you have a h-home, or, um, are you always t-travelling?" Was this how you did small talk? She hoped so.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

"It was something of an event." Orrava smiles. "But we were lauded as heroes back then. And a child borne out of such a powerful man, rumored to be Jarowit's descendant... well, normal rules can be forgotten."

The two women aren't certain how serious Lyn Cha is being, but their attention is quickly caught by her question regardless.

"The King in Rags... a legend."

"Not a legend, I think. He did exist, but long ago. One of the Gentry, great rulers of fey. But they're gone now and they say he was the first to fall."

"Jarowit fought him. Don't know if he was the one to kill him. I don't think one can just kill the Gentry..."

"Some say he was undone by betrayal from within his ranks. Hard to say. Stories are told and retold."