Reinholdt's Repository IV

For free floating plots that wish to be separated from specific locales.
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Re: Reinholdt's Repository IV

Post by Zefir »

[The Continyantal Hotel]

On the other and the reply seems rather slow. Much likly because they didn't thought someone would go for one of the bigger fish. Still that catches them offguard so they now seem to hurry up, prepare a transporter and guards. They will need some time especially since they aren't stationed in every city. Might be half an hour at best befor any of them arrives at the location.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[The Continyantal Hotel]

Reina stares incredulously at Magtok for a moment before bursting into a melodious laughter. Not as jovial or uncontrollable as when Reina first discovered the nature of Magtok's hotel, but still mirthful all the same.

"I know for sure we didn't teleport anywhere or shift off plane. Been through too many transports myself to not recognize the unique feeling even the smoothest teleports have. But you know what? Maybe all those other things are true! I mean, you say they're not, but there's just so many other things too!" Reina leans her side into Magtok's chest, compressing her cleavage to give Magtok a perfect view if he wants to stare down. She doesn't seem to be bothered, her own attention on running her hand slowly over Magtok's head, as if affectionately petting the kidnapped cyborg.

"I mean, you could be a shapeshifting alien that the Magtoks found out in space while stalking the ghost of what I used to be. Or, or, or... you could have sent out a message to counterkidnap my friends as soon as dinner started, just in case. Ohhh, no better yet, this entire thing could be a scenario playing in my head because of Magtok Prime, who is psychically interested in what I'd do in this situation so is running a million simulations in under five seconds until he finds out exactly how to puppet me. I quite like that one, mmmm~"

Reina giggles again before she stops stimulating his scalp and affectionately taps his nose. "You don't have a cyanide pill. Not while the cloning machines are down, anyways. Perhaps if other Magtok had done his job... well, what can you do? That's not to say you don't have other surprises. You... you perform kidnappings where everything is perfectly planned and under your control so that you might get the rush when someone throws a wrench into things. The thrill of being on top trying to smush the rebel. You excel on fighting on your turf."

"I have always been your opposite that way. I excel on someone else's turf. Playing to the odds and coming out on top through ingenuity and pluck. My rush comes from the nail biting lack of power and usurping someone else's all too smug grin. Maybe cutting too close from time to time." Reina reluctantly shrugs as she admits her own strengths and flaws combined. "That's probably why we fit together so well, yet work together so poorly."

Reina sighs a little. "Of course, this would all have been so much simpler if you hadn't shown up so early. I would have had plenty of time to bribe the staff and drug your drink and food and stuff. Alas, sometimes you gotta go with the flow and improvise."
► SHOW SPOILER
Magtok
Pointy Eared Baby Devourer

Post by Magtok »

[The Continyantal Hotel]

Magtok sighs in exasperation. So she's going to play it that way, huh. Her smug attitude was starting to chafe at his ego, and he could feel some of his reservations towards fighting back against a pretty face start to melt away as the patronizing pats and laughter raise his blood pressure. Maybe he would resort to something drastic after all. Not quite yet, not while he's still unclear as to what this is all about, but soon, perhaps. When the mystery client arrives and he has a better idea what's going on, we can explore our options further.

"I suppose you have this all figured out, then. Feeling confident enough to do the full monologue, then? Going to tell me what this is all about, which particular crimes of mine merit whatever sort of justice this is? The needlessly elaborate execution method your contact has decided upon?" he asks, a note of disdain in his voice. This felt like a Marciano plot, but surely Reina wouldn't sink so low as to collaborate with such human offal as Marcy. The cat was a scumbag, sure, but even scumbags have standards.

Rein Prime, maybe? It didn't feel terribly likely, but it was slightly more plausible than Marciano coming back from the dead again. The cat finally returns, catfishing his greatest adversary to put an end to the Magtoks once and...no no, that's stupid. The other Magtok is perfectly safe and healthy and fine; this plan is terrible if the goal is the complete eradication of all Magtoks from the Nexus. The moment he revealed there were multiple Magtoks, someone should've immediately started preparing a simultaneous attack on the MagCave to begin once Reina knocked him out, and yet nothing of the sort has happened. He's still the only cyborg in any kind of danger.
"You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
-Daniel H. Wilson
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[The Continyantal Hotel]

Reina stops touching him quite so much and frowns. What she intended to be sensual came off as abrasive. Who doesn't like to be pet? Reina doesn't understand. It's probably a control thing she was just talking about. Still, she'd have to wring this back somehow. She doesn't want Magtok to be particularly mad at her or anything. This was supposed to be playful, wasn't it?

"You've... completely missed my point entirely. It's that I don't have anything figured out at all and I never feel confident about anything I do. I just fake the confidence to rattle the other guy as I stumble my way through their traps." Reina glances away a bit wondering if she should give up on the lap altogether. "Or are you just grumpy that I'm not kissing you to check for chemicals? It's pretty risky, you might shove that pill down my throat. But in all honesty, I just wanted to save up for a particularly special goodbye kiss when the people who hired MERC arrives. I guess that was too dramatic, but I thought you'd appreciate it at least."

The catgirl focuses back on Magtok to see if his mood's improved any. "You'll like them, I think. After all, they want to put you on trial. You'll get to argue before a court and spin lawyers in circles with grandiose grandstanding and blatant juror payoffs. Don't know how the other old AMEN members will like it, but I haven't gotten to capturing them yet, so..."

Reina lightly runs her thumb along Magtok's lips and leans closer, her mouth parted ever so slightly as it approaches. "I guess they're going to take their time though. We could make out until they get here if you want..."
► SHOW SPOILER
Magtok

Post by Magtok »

[The Continyantal Hotel]

"...the old AMEN members?" he repeats, raising an eyebrow. That's what this is about? Someone wants to put him on trial...for that? Not even something specific that he did, but AMEN as a whole. How many of his AMEN misdeeds are even public knowledge? Hardly anyone knows about Vasquez and her boyfriend, and his role in the Riverside invasion was scarcely more than standing around and watching other people do the work. Were they going to toss the Nexus equivalent of the RICO act at him? Does the Nexus even have such a thing?

"Aren't the only ones left just Harley and Ilpholin? The shapeshifter that one of your own kind is dating, and the psychotic demon hunter whose infant son was fathered by the King in Rags that you're so fond of?" Magtok looks at Reina with a mix of confused pity and concern in his eyes, the same sort of look he'd give her if she had just proudly admitted that she was going to dance in traffic after this date was over, or play Russian Roulette with a grenade launcher. Stupid cat, she's going to get herself killed if she picks a fight with Ilpholin. Likely going to face the same outcome if she tries to abduct her own clone's wife, too.

"Can I talk you into letting someone else in MERC go after her? Ilpholin doesn't play the game like we do; she won't hesitate just because you're cute," the tin man warns. Maybe Harley will stab first and ask questions later too, but Magtok doesn't know enough about her current status to say for sure. Ilpholin though, she's a natural born killer. A natural born killer with a son that Reina would have to find a babysitter for or something. A son with a direct link to the fae being that cursed her with visions of the future. That has bad news written all over it, and normally he wouldn't care, but if Reina gets herself killed, who's going to visit him in prison?
"You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
-Daniel H. Wilson
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Into a World That Was]

After Lyn Cha's last passionate night with the grandmaster, he remains in the glade for a time, while she's free to head back to the fortress. Barenza and Orrava will be waiting for her by the same side-gate she used to leave last evening.

Barenza is holding the promised bag for a quick getaway, but Orrava is holding something far more interesting - a spear, with a black haft that seems to glow from within as if it was a cinder. A series of notches and gouges covers it, seemingly at random but there seems to be some kind of pattern. The spearhead is long and narrow, made of bright steel that shimmers with a cold, blue glow. The weapon's power is tangible from the first moment she lays her eyes on it. This is Jarowit's spear, the item she came here to find.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[The Continyantal Hotel]

"There's four or five more than that, but tracking them down is my job, not yours," Reina says shaking her head. "Harley's a troublesome one above and beyond the whole relationship thing. Much more political. But I'll have to discuss that with Dipsnig. Might just be too inconvenient for us."

Reina's finger runs along Magtok's collar, teasing at his clothes and wishing she had taken most of them off first and left him in his underwear. "As for Ilpholin, well..." For a moment, her eyes seem to glow and her voice resonates with unseen wisdom and power. "I already know how that skirmish goes." The special effects fade away and one wonders if they were ever really there.

"Had no idea about her kid though. Not sure it really changes anything though. How'd you know about it?" Reina asks, turning her cheek and leaning her head upon Magtok's shoulder, her eyes looking towards Magtok's face as she snuggles him. "Wait a minute... are you... worried for me?" Reina asks, her mouth slowly curling upwards.

[Into a World That Was]

Lyn's eyes mostly spend their time upon the spear, this divine relic of the past that so frightened the King in Rags. After examining it at length and taking it into her hands, she glances back at Barenza and Orrava.

"I see things went well. Maybe too well? Pangon knows. Knew before we went to the glade, but also fucked me senseless until I confessed. Sorry."

Couldn't be helped.
► SHOW SPOILER
Magtok

Post by Magtok »

[The Continyantal Hotel]

"Mostly her," he lies, looking away and cursing inwardly when it's clear his plea is wasted, that he'll have to try something a little more drastic to keep the two of them safe from each other. "But this is the real reason we work so poorly, Reina. Nothing about differences in improvisation or planning. I keep trying to convince myself there's someone genuine behind all your games. I tell myself this time, just this once, maybe we can do something about all the bridges we've burnt. Maybe you're being honest about Invincibelle's quest for redemption. Maybe the date isn't the obvious kidnapping scheme it looks like. Then Blanche happens. Then the cloning vat tech is stolen. Then this happens."

Magtxt wrote:Ilpholin, it's Magtok. MERC has accepted a contract to hunt down and capture every former AMEN member. Supposedly to put us on trial, but the whole thing looks shady as hell. Watch your back, and don't trust any mystery invitations or obvious bait.

The cyborg shakes his head, hoping it wasn't too obvious he was using that brief dramatic pause to type up a short text message for a former leader of AMEN. "I don't understand, what do you even stand to gain from this, anyway? It's not money, because you have more than enough of that to go around. It isn't justice, or else Invincibelle would still be on the streets. Can it really be about 'beating' me when I haven't even pretended to fight back? I thought it might be the date itself, that the MERC mission is just an excuse, but that only really makes sense if you're incapable of asking me out on a real date, that you wanted to see what it'd be like to spend the evening together without the risk of getting your feelings hurt."
Last edited by Magtok on Nov 15, 2022 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Daniel H. Wilson
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World That Was]

Barenza and Orrava look at each other, their countenances betraying trepidation.

"We... should have expected he might have seen through us."

"But if he knew and still let us carry out our plan, it seems he's willing to let go of the spear, for some reason."

Barenza waves her hand.

"It is no longer your concern. We said we would face him if he learned of out plan and we will. We did what we believed was best."

"And you will carry the spear away from here. Good fortunes to you. I hope it will give you what you seek."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[The Continyantal Hotel]

Reina frowns at Magtok as he gets bitter and starts making this personal instead of trying to seduce his way out of his restraints. He was the one who said kidnapping was above board and cool to do. She hated this side of him. "You're not any better, you know. How many people have you hurt, will continue to hurt, just for your ego trips? For that little boost of confidence that yes, you still matter in a world that just doesn't care. At least I care."
Slayer wrote:
MERC has proven time and again that it is completely inept, devoid of both talent and intelligence. Let them plot their impotence. I have real enemies to face. Speaking of, how goes that demon annihilating weapon you promised me?
It has been almost three years, surely Magtok has come up with something for her by now.

Reina doesn't appear to notice any of Magtok's brain texting. "Besides, this is different. Because this has nothing to do with you or me or us," the catgirl asserts. "I already told you didn't I? That I intended to drug you at the start of the date, to get it over with as soon as possible. I work for MERC now. That means taking on the contracts and doing the dirty work. This is a job. Nothing more, nothing less." Reina's eyes are looking away for once, being dishonest with herself, and more eager than ever for those stupid goons to show up and take their prize away.

[Into a World That Was]

Lyn Cha respectfully nods her head. "I understand. I hope so as well. You have my thanks and my blessings. If you are ever in Iravvi, seek me out." Lyn gives them a parting bow and turns to head off. Unless stopped, she'll head back the way she came, finally returning to where she first entered this time. But she has one more thing to do before completing her task.

Along the road, when she finds herself alone and unwatched, Ilpholin ceases walking for a moment. She sets her stuff down, particularly the spear, kneeling next to it as she holds out her arm. A small section of her forearm rises up and slides to one side, revealing musculature and black veins and a silver apparatus that extends outwards, opening up to reveal what appears to be a tiny perfume bottle. Ilpholin takes the bottle with her other hand, and turns it upon the Spear of Jarowit, spritzing it liberally, even rotating it around to spritz the other half too. Getting it wet with... something, until the bottle is completely drained. Carefully, Ilpholin returns it to the secret compartment and it closes up, sealing itself indistinguishably with the rest of her body.

Then... she sits and waits. It's a bothersome wait, in which she mere is letting the Spear of Jarowit dry off completely. The liquid appears to have done nothing and continues to not do anything to the artifact, neither to its form nor function.

Only once it has thoroughly dried off does Ilpholin resume her journey back to the end of the empty stone road weaving between two hills, covered in sparse grass and a few twisted trees with mountains rising in the distance. There she plunges the Spear of Jarowit into the ground, speaking the words, "I return with the Spear of Jarowit!"
► SHOW SPOILER
Magtok

Post by Magtok »

The Continyantal Hotel

Magtok chooses not to respond to Ilpholin's text. Let her get mad at him for not delivering on the demon weapon; it's not like she can do anything to make his situation worse, and if she goes after the other Magtok...well that guy's a bastard, he'd have it coming.

"Did you say which city's government these people are from? Did they specify why they turned to mercenaries first, instead of just dropping a letter in my mailbox letting me know of my impending court date, and waiting until that didn't work before resorting to this kind of thing? Is there a reason they're only taking action now, years after I swore off AMEN and set the Magbots free and stopped doing all the stuff you think I'm still doing?"

Magtok shakes his head. None of this is adding up, nothing about this feels legitimate. Intersection wouldn't do this. One of the Riverside governments might, if they felt like making an example of AMEN, but why wait this long? And Skyside obviously has no skin in the game, no history with AMEN that would justify hunting them down like animals. Perhaps it's a vengeful AMEN member orchestrating this, maybe? Ilpholin secretly cleaning up after her last attempt to end AMEN for good? Or those bastards in Vigil thinking themselves righteous?

"I'm sorry, Reina, I'd love to play the game like you envisioned it, but I don't think there's a big dramatic court battle coming after this. A hanging, maybe a firing squad, but I don't think there's going to be lawyers and objections to look forward to. I'm pretty sure you've killed me," he answers, which should hopefully explain why he isn't so keen on kidnappings anymore.
-Daniel H. Wilson
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

[The Continyantal Hotel]

Speaking of the devil, here they come.

An armored transporter parks right in front of the entrance the design resembels some cars that have been spotted in Inside (Post tere follows).
As they stop a group of people jump out and head for the hotel. Four men in SWAT gear, but without any weapons, one Medic, a catgirl in a tracksuit and a towering big man with muskels making him as wide as he is tall who barly passes through the doors.
The wepons they carry are indeed hidden by magic, can't just run into a hotel armed while they likly didn't know them. If the cleck tries to question thm the tall man replies.
"Someone in the penthouse called us, we know our way, thanks."

They will then take the lifts up while the big man goes for the stairs. Should be there in round.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World That Was]

Ilpholin's surroundings blur and shift as she utters her declaration. There's a brief lurch, like when she was transported back in time, but this time it's the proper timeline reasserting itself, so there's a more comforting feeling to it afterwards. She will find herself in the same dry valley she remembers. Amalungak and the King are still there, and the old fey's eyes fix on the spear immediately.

"The spear. My old enemy's fang. Magnificent." He reaches out with a blackened wooden hand. "Give it to me and your new forces will be ready for you at the time and place of your choosing."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[The Continyantal Hotel]

"Boss says they're legit." One could argue Magtok's fate is in Dipsnig's hands now. Regardless, Reina pushes some hair out of her face, her reply quiet and empty. "Not that I trust that. Did you really think I hadn't thought of those possibilities? That I don't have a surprise or two for them just as much as you? It's like you don't know me at all..."

Reina pouts, her finger tracing Magtok's collarbone. "You've... you've become boring," Reina finally admits. "What happened to the man who would risk death every night just to jump across rooftops with me? Who would punch an Elder God just to give him a comeuppance? Who would carve into the moon to impress a lady? Who would sing?" The catgirl's eyes search his carefully, sorrowfully.

"Well... to him, I'll say... goodbye." Reina leans forward, closing her eyes to push her mouth against Magtok's, tongue pressing insistently against the cyborg's lips as it seeks to slip into a parting french kiss.

[Into a World That Was]

Ilpholin still finds the shift disconcerting, but more prominent than that is the how she just seems... brighter on her return. Like the rest of the world is contrasted in dullness. This brightness fades slightly over time until only the knowledgeable can notice the change in her. The King will likely always see it. Battle will likely draw it out into view as well, this gleaming shine that seems to affect her on a spiritual level.

The phyrexian nymph pulls the Spear of Jarowit out of the ground, before handing it over to the King in Rags, placing it in his blackened hand. "Have you decided what you'll do with it?"
► SHOW SPOILER
Magtok

Post by Magtok »

[The Continyantal Hotel - As Above]

The word 'boring' hurts more than anything else, cuts our cyborg like a knife slowly slicing through his gut. That's it, that's why this isn't playing out the way she envisioned. The Magtok from back then wouldn't care that he might die. He wouldn't try begging for mercy and pity from Reina of all people. He'd be basking in the spotlight, commanding the scene, giving every impression that he still had full control over the situation even while chained to a chair. The Magtok she talks about would hate him, despise what he's become. He is everything he used to revile, every bit the mundane, worthless nobody that he felt nothing but disgust and contempt for.

"I'm not hurting people anymore, Reina. No collateral damage, no crime, no mayhem. I finally found a way to stop it, and it turns out all I had to do was just be boring. No more guilt, no more suffering, and all I had to do was just give up on everything I liked about being me. But isn't that what this is about, what everyone wanted? Me, out of the equation, out of the game? No clones, no politics, no big bombastic schemes? Putting all that crazy shit aside so they can enjoy their safe little paradise where nothing ever goes wrong and the only real danger comes from adventurers running through ancient runes and the odd demonic invasion?"

The words ring hollow, pitiful, pathetic. Magtok closes his eyes, lets the word boring carve another bloody swath across his entire psyche, winces as it laughs mockingly at years of meaningless insignificance. Who was this moralizing for, who benefited from this tiresome self-flagellation? Was it anyone we actually cared about, or just the voices of thousands of envious nobodies, weeping because a criminal genius was born better, smarter, and cooler than they could ever be? Sunny isn't even around anymore, who cares if we build more Magbots and enslave them to our will? Happy's not here to judge us, Remnant isn't breathing down our neck. Why not bring that Magtok back? It's not like being a dreary little penitent is doing us any favors; a paramilitary troupe is coming up the elevator to shoot us in the fucking head. Years of quiet, harmless coexistence with the world rewarded with his neck held out for the guillotine. If that's the thanks we get for minding our own damn business, why not embrace the path of the supervillain?

"I can see them. They're in the lobby, heading up now. For your safety, I'm going to ask that you stay away from the window when they step inside. And remind them that your job is officially done as soon as they assume custody of the prisoner," Magtok states, looking past her towards that large window. There's something different in his eyes now, something energetic, something alive. Maybe it's just the last flickering embers of the Magtok that once was, an echo conjured from shame and nostalgia that won't last more than a day, but it's a hell of a lot more confident and proud than the miserable creature that was begging and preaching and lashing out a few minutes ago.

[The Continyantal Hotel - So Below]

The staff, including the woman at the front desk, nod quietly and do their best to stay out of the way of the swat team. The woman reaches under her desk and presses a panic button, triggering a silent alarm to alert the nearby authorities, but that's unlikely to do anything to stop them. The police in this neighborhood are notoriously lax when it comes to responding to emergencies, so there's plenty of time for them to head upstairs, deal with their business, and leave before anyone shows up to investigate the emergency.
-Daniel H. Wilson
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

Reinholdt wrote: Nov 02, 2022 9:03 am [Catside after Catside]

Well even without June's participation, foosball happens! That and some air hockey over in that corner. They really should have called this the entertainment room instead of the foosball room. Regardless, time passes and fairly quickly, dinner fast approaching June. She should probably hurry back and get dressed up.

On the way, she will meet Caroline Cuffs who is actually headed for her room, carrying what June will recognize as her lost suitcase bag. "Ah. There you are. You were in luck, we still had your stuff." June coming by later than others, her bag was one of the last unclaimed pieces of property that was confiscated. "A bellhop had it when we raided the place. Seemed she went out of her way to keep it without taking anything. It was most unusual. She had a few bags like that actually. Said it was a little piece of revenge she could get on the cult that brainwashed her, keeping people's valuables out of their hands."

Caroline offers June her stuff back.

[Catside after Catside]

It's actually pretty lucky June lost as quickly as she did. If she kept on going in the tournament, on a winning streak, she might've been late for dinner! Would have had to intentionally lose to leave, or something like that.

June meets Ms. Cuffs. "Oh, hi. Neat." She wonders if that bellhop was the one she met. Probably not, but maybe? She puts it at 50-50 odds. "Well, that's good for her. I hope the, um, brianwashing gets completely undone for her."
And she's glad she didn't stick around. Sounds like the cult would've tried brainwashing June, too, if she stuck around in that room instead of escaping.

Getting the suitcase back is nice for the clothes (most of which don't fit as well as before, admittedly, and she'll need to make alterations to them but that's okay because making alterations to clothes is actually kind-of fun) and her IDs and cards (she ended up replacing most of them for obvious reasons, and canceled her credit and bank cards, but it's good to have them regardless), and...............well, there's a couple of things here and there that it's good to get back. "Thanks, Officer Cuffs, that was really fast."

June points in the direction she was headed. "I...I should probably go so I can make it to dinner in time," she says.
"Again, thanks," she says. June gives a smile. "If you need me for anything else, well...I suppose you'll know where I am."

With half a wave, she goes back, changes into the fancier clothes the maid provided, goes to the dinner, and does her best to not stare.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World That Was]

"I will pierce something I otherwise could not." The King's hand runs down the spear's shaft in an almost affectionate gesture. His eyes do gleam when looking at Ilpholin, seeing the world's old brightness linger within her. "This weapon can wound much more than flesh and bone."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Catside after Catside]

"As do I." No one wants lingering brainwashing! That just leads to sequels and sequels are so often worse than the originals.

"Well, to be fair, most everything else has already been claimed and processed." June's stuff was lingering because June pushed off returning. So there wasn't a lot of messy sorting to be done. "But you're welcome. Enjoy your dinner." Caroline Cuffs salutes June tensely before heading off to leave June in peace.

Perhaps the presence of Adam makes her more comfortable. Or more particularly, the fact that Adam is actually dressed in a fine evening outfit, a little gaudy with its gold trim, but otherwise appealing. June is given a guest of honor seat near the head of the largest table, quite near to Adam. Not directly beside him, of course, those belong to two rather saucy looking catgirls who regularly flirt with him and likely have some sort of long standing relationship with him. Their banter is kept to a minimum, however, as Adam's attention is primarily upon June this evening.

"Welcome back. I apologize that it isn't under better circumstances, but I hope the staff has been appropriately accommodating?"

[Into a World That Was]

Ilpholin raises an eyebrow. "You seek to cut into the past and bring forth the unlocked door to the Fairest of Lands from there?"

Just a wild guess.
► SHOW SPOILER
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Catside after Catside]

It's true: sequels can easily go so bad.
June doesn't salute back. (Obviously. She'd feel really weird doing it.) Just a smile and a wave.

Of course, having someone that she knows does, in fact, make her more comfortable. Especially since part of her was worried she'd really stand out by being dressed up, and it'd be weird.
Adam Jr, or Police-Commissioner-Who-Just-Happens-to-be-named-Adam, or whoever he is (June swears she was going to go look up what relation this Adam has to the Mr. Adam who the estate is named for, but...well, to be honest, dealing with IDs and banks and work and everything was just too much and she ended up procrastinating it, and then eventually she figured she'd probably never return to Catside so it didn't matter, until literally this moment right now when she remembered that she was curious about their relation and still doesn't know).

She acknowledges him with a nod and a smile when their eyes first meet.

"Thank-you," June says, only feeling a little awkward for taking Adam away from his saucy girls. June nods: "Yes, the staff's been pretty good. In fact," She gestures at the outfit she's wearing. "They were kind enough to prepare this for me once I found out I would be underdressed for dinner."

She pauses, and wonders if it would be better to ask a question (it would be rude to take him away from his saucy girls further), or to just leave it be (where it would be rude to not say anything and just leave him in charge of the conversation). Eventually, she decides she's just slightly too extraverted to let someone else take charge the whole time. "Officer Cuffs's been very helpful, too," she adds, since (even though she doesn't know for sure if he's just Adam Jr or Happens-To-Be-Named-Adam) she does know Adam's in charge of the police and security here. With a bit of concern, she asks, "Has everything here been safe and secure since last time? Has the kid been able to recover?" Being kidnapped is definitely mentally traumatizing, June figures.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World That Was]

"An interesting idea. And perhaps within the spear's capabilities." The King in Rags appears unwilling or unable to provide specifics as yet and is instead evading the question. "When would you like to see your new cadre of demon-slayers?"
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

[The Continyantal Hotel - As Above]
OUTSIDE
Let's hope those people get out befor any other forces arrive.
Those guys sure made contact with local forces. (I wasn't sure if there are really such things as the nexus seems to be rather lacking authorities.)

The group arrives at the penthouse.
Two of the armed people draw out their auto rifles and places themself near the door.
Two others suddendly draw assault shields and stun-rods.
The medic just seems to be prepared and the other lady looks annoyed.
The big guy, who took the stairs, tips three times at his colar and then nods to the rest of the team befor knocking on the door and immediatly going in.
----

The two people inside might be interupted by the knocking followed by an opening of the door (Which I assume isn't locked). A bit tall man squeases himself through the door befor nearly closing it behind him. Befor he speaks up he takes a few moments to analyze the room. His eyes look through the room wandering to every corner, watching over every building he can see through the windows befor he finally looks at the pair present. When he sees the situation he grabs into his pocket to pull out a tablet that, in this mans hands, Looks just like a cellphne his size.

"Hello Miss and hello Mr. Magtok?" (Wasn't sure if Raina tald her name here otherwise assuem he uses it to address her) he says. He sure seems a little confused by that. "You were the one that called me?" he asks looking at Raina.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Catside after Catside]

"Excellent. I was simply devastated to hear that you were also one of the cult's victims. Anything the staff can do for you is at your disposal," Adam says, inclining his head seriously, at least glad to hear June's stay has been relatively pleasant thus far. He could probably comment on how it's impossible to be underdressed for this dinner, but he moves on instead.

"Officer Cuffs was very... penitent after we had a lengthy discussion about her behavior. I'm glad to hear the lessons have stuck." Well that could certainly mean any number of things. "Honestly, I've mostly been busy just dealing with this whole Adam's Chosen cult, but we have reinforced security and there's been no other incidents here. I'm afraid the child is a bit afraid to go outside anymore, but we have a therapist working with them and we're hopeful." He gives a slightly strained smile of someone who wishes they could do something more for their child but cannot.

Instead Adam motions back to June. "Anyways, I am told you have a... unique medical situation you seek answers for, especially in regards to your catgirlification. I expect I'll be seeing you in my office in the morning." A doctor AND head of security? What doesn't he do?

[Into a World That Was]

Well Ilpholin's gotten everything out of him that she's going to. "Well, just make sure you don't bring it to battle and have some would be hero usurp it from you to use against you. I'd hate for all my work to go to waste. Anyways, have them come to my place in the morning. For now, I have a child to get back home to. Goodbye." Ilpholin turns to leave.

[The Continyantal Hotel]

"I know... I know..." Reina says. "And it's been... nice. You know how I feel about people getting hurt." This was what she wanted in the end, isn't it? In some ways she's to blame for pushing Magtok to where they are now. Only part of the blame of course. The leastest part, as befitting of a cat of her stature. But she can't help but feel it gnaw at her. Just a little.

Reina raises an eyebrow at first as Magtok warns her away from the window, and the sides of her mouth start to raise in turn as well, with a slight glimmer of hope in her eyes. "Do you want me to undo the finger tr-"

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

Interrupted, Reina shrugs almost apologetically to the cyborg as the tall man enters alone and the catgirl finally slides off of Magtok's lap, stepping up just a little. "Lord Magtok of AMEN. That's correct. I'm Reina, your MERC representative who caught him." Reina pulls out and flashes her MERC membership card just in case he intends to be a stickler for bureaucracy. "And he's all yours for the promised payment. One AMEN member, one bounty. I'll be getting the other AMEN members for you as well, so expect to see me again in the future." Reina holds out her hand, expecting some cold hard cash and standing between the large man and Magtok until it's delivered. Inconveniently, she seems to have remained near the window as well. She doesn't want anything to go down until she's been paid for services rendered.
► SHOW SPOILER
Magtok

Post by Magtok »

[The Continyantal Hotel]

Magtok frowns, watching Reina and the big guy interact. He's even bigger in person, much larger than the surveillance cameras suggested. That might complicate things a little, but...no, I'm sure it'll all work out fine. Our villain shifts in the chair he's been tied to, jostling the handcuffs around his wrists. He could get started on his plan right now if he wanted to, but as a courtesy to Reina, he stays put, content to let everyone continue to believe he's completely helpless.
-Daniel H. Wilson
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

[The Continyantal Hotel]

Just a bit of description. For the man. The man itself looks as mentioned rather buff. He is over 7 feet tall and appears as wide as that. He wears a casual busines suit that looks expensive taking the fact he had to tailor one for his physic. He got a mask over his mouth, but most of his face is revealed. He has no arms on him and the only strange things are a pair of heavy gloves and the colar he wears, while the last one looks more like some kind of accessory.

He does indeed check the ID shown to him, after all the woman and he never did business. He appears a little confused by the sudden demand of the MERC merchanary, but doesn't seem to min as his view focuses on the prisoner. he mentions her to get the hand sown and ties to go past the MERC member, circeling Magtok. "You got one of the more troublesome fellows here, you might understand that I can't just pay for it blind" He says. "He defnitly looks like a magtok, but can you proove he is? More over we know about the clones, so where would he stay in that matter? And why the fingertraps?"

((It'S meant like is he the original Magtok who was in AMEN or one of the clones that took over etc. Some clones haven't been in AMEN at all if I recall right? I'm sorry but I don't know everything about them as a player))
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[The Continyantal Hotel]

Reina has no problem in stepping in the massive man's way and putting her hand on his chest to keep him at bay. He may be larger, stronger, and more terrifying, but Reina's a mom of four and knows how to stare someone down.

"If you can't recognize Magtok by looks alone, then you're in the wrong business." Because there's really not that many bald headed purple robe wearing cyborgs out there. "More than that, you're being insulting. You're not paying for it blind, you can clearly see him right there, bound and everything." Especially since the man can see over Reina's head with ease.

"Or are you actually going to suggest that MERC doesn't deliver when delivering? Because if so, turn right around and walk away. MERC would rather lose a contract than put up with that kind of negative reputation. He's Magtok and I've said he's Magtok. Now pay if you want him. If you didn't want him, or you wanted a very, very specific Magtok you should have said as much in your contract. He is a member of the collective, of which multiple Magtok's rotated into AMEN throughout the years. He's been there, don't worry." Reina's frowning at the man but won't let him near the cyborg under any circumstances until he pays up.

"All Magtoks come equipped with finger guns and gadgets. The fingertraps keep him from being able to use them to try and escape," Reina will explain.
► SHOW SPOILER
Magtok

Post by Magtok »

[The Continyantal Hotel]

Magtok opens his mouth to say something rude and snappy, but stop himself just a moment before, thinking better of it. It doesn't benefit him to get involved in this argument. He could probably pretend to be someone else, to throw a quick hologram over himself and act like Reina's kidnapped the wrong person...but no, that wouldn't be fair to her, and more importantly, it wouldn't be fun. Trying to manipulate this big guy with lies and deceit would be like challenging a one-armed man to a juggling contest; it's not very appealing when you have such a massive advantage over the competition.

"Reina, tell him I'll reach into my wallet and pull out my official MagClone ID and driver's license if he unties me and closes his eyes," Magtok offers with a derisive laugh, apparently incapable of keeping himself from getting involved in the argument, even when he knows silence would work best for him.
-Daniel H. Wilson
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

[The Continyantal Hotel]

The man doesn't seem to be moved by her stare, he just wanted to watch the hostage from every angle. But he does stop for the sake of not starting a fight here.

"You should know that this world has tricks that can desive our vision. That is why simply seeing him isn't the best proofe at all and you should be aware of that. And you knwo what i said is a figure of speech don't you?"

The man sights heavy as she begins with her MERC speech.

"Listen Miss Reina. This is the first time I work with MERC and I already showed my trust by donating money at your base. You do know this is the safty measure that neither I trick you or the other way around. On top you might see it through my point. Your call was very sudden, you called us to a remote place not controlled by MERC but by the hostage, you appear to be in a hurry and refuse any attemps to check on the target. It is just a measure of safty to not rush this."

He points at the door.

"I got a medic and a specialist in magic with me to proofe that there aren't any tricks. If you are delivering as you say it shouldn't be a problem to let them double check, unless there is a problem."

He looks at Magtok

"At last he has his sense of humor."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[The Continyantal Hotel]

Magtok gets a withering glance, though it's probably obvious Reina's not mad at him, but rather at this man trying to bully his way out of paying for all of Reina's hard work. This is what she betrayed Magtok for? Her regrets are only growing.

The catgirl looks back at the man. "Oh yes, it's so very, very unusual that I should call you after the job is done. The job you hired MERC, the organization I have proven myself to work for. Oh and we're in a place Magtok owns! How queer. Given that it's so much easier to get them to let their guard down in their location of choice. If we discount the fact that he owns 60% of all real estate anyways." Her voice is dripping with bitter sarcasm.

"Oh, but proof is the problem, huh? You claim to understand the Nexus, but then claim there's no proof. That I am going out of my way to waste all my hard work to what... trick you for a cheap payout, ruin my career in the process? There's better, faster ways to get coin out there. I know there's never going to proof enough for you. It's the oldest scam in the book. Seeing him's not enough, so you have run some tests. Testing here isn't conclusive enough, better take him back to the lab. And then oh no, I'm out one hostage and you don't pay up cause you already have him. You must think I was born yesterday."

Reina shakes her head. "But you know what? It goes both ways. I have no proof you are who claim to be. I have no proof you're my client. For all I know you're two Magbots standing on each other's shoulders in some fancy clothes. In fact, I actually have evidence that your claim about payment ahead of time is bullshit, so that's some sort of proof you're not my client, isn't it?"

Reina flicks out her phone real quick and shows the man a copy of the contract details, particularly one section where it's very clear how and when to pay.
Morty wrote: Sep 01, 2022 9:19 pm[Main Hall]

"I have consulted with our leaders," the goblin says. "We will take the contract. Individual payment for every former AMEN member we deliver into your hands, to bring to justice as you see fit."
Reina's tail flicks in agitation. "I'm going give you the benefit of the doubt, a courtesy that you have yet to show me. You have two simple choices. Give me the money and I hand over Magtok, no further mess necessary, and I'll even actually continue on this contract with the other leads I have on other AMEN members. I suspect he'll still try to escape, but that's a prisoner for you. I've legitimately done everything in my power to stop and restrain him. Or... you can leave. Go out the door you came in and I'll cut him loose. Very simple. Those are your options."

"The money or the door." Reina holds out her hand one last time.
► SHOW SPOILER
Magtok

Post by Magtok »

[The Continyantal Hotel]

"What if we play a trivia game instead? Ask me a question only the real Magtok would know," the cyborg taunts, grinning from ear to ear as he shifts in his seat, wriggles his fingers behind everyone's back, and watches negotiations break down in front of him. He's seen this kind of thing before; neither side is willing to accommodate the other, so one side is inevitably going to resort to the one thing they both think they're better at: brute force. This is going to descend to violence soon enough, and when it does, it'll be the perfect distraction for him to make his escape.

"Oh, but you wouldn't even know the right answers, since you don't know me that well. What a shame. Hrm...I could see your future? I can run your name and face through the MagComputer's probability algorithms, use it to tell you exactly when and how you'll die," Magtok lies. His computer system isn't nearly advanced enough to tell the future; he's just trying to unnerve and stress out the big guy, so he'll do something rash and dangerous that will accidentally grant the cyborg a chance to escape.
-Daniel H. Wilson
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Catside after Catside]

If there's one big moral to this story, it's that June and Adam have different definitions of what 'underdressed' means.

It's not that June thinks he's a doctor....just that he must be in charge of both security and now medicine. Wow! Really moving up in the world. Must've done such an effective job being head of security that he was punished with additional responsibilities. In fact, even though that was only an offhand thought, it makes more and more sense as she thinks about it. Security really tightened up, officers stepped up and did better jobs, which would've left Mr. Adam Jr with 'more' time (the curse of doing your job efficiently), and then the shadowy mysterious invisible hand of the higher-ups gave him more responsibilities in hopes of training him up to live up to his namesake. What next will he be put in charge of? Only time will tell.

Yeah. That makes sense, June thinks. With a few details added or some names changed, it might even make a good secret agent-style movie.

June nods to confirm that what he was told is true. Also she's glad she didn't go into detail earlier, even if Officer Cuffs had vowed to confidentiality, because the details clearly would've made it up the chain of command, and there's no telling who else has read the reports. Also, she nods because they're at dinner and she's eating, and needs to buy time to swallow (since her player only just now remembered that they were actually at dinner, and she's got to eat at some point). "Um, yes. I'm no doctor," June waves dismissively, trying to sound like the details aren't a big deal and are just mildly embarrassing so there's no need to explain here in public, "but I think the surgery had a weird interaction with the, um, magibiology," (That's a word June is pretty sure she just made up but it sounds like it could be real enough) "that it activated some dormant curse or whatever."

"It's a long story, I'll make sure to summarize it tomorrow."

Oh.
Speaking of tomorrow. June has spent at least a year avoiding medical intervention and personal relationships and growing a dependency on magic just to feel like a human and trying to pretend that she is not, in fact, made of mushroom. She's going to have to really introspect and think about how she feels about herself and what, exactly, she's comfortable talking about.
Huh.
Turns out you can't just pretend your problems don't exist: eventually when you end up in catgirl manor the deadline will arrive and you'll have to confront them.