Reinholdt's Repository IV

For free floating plots that wish to be separated from specific locales.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Re: Reinholdt's Repository IV

Post by Thursday Violist »

Reinholdt wrote:[After Catside]

Leave a bad review on Meowl! One paw. That'll teach them to try and brainwash and convert people into catgirl cultists.

For a time it seems like nothing is going to happen and the issue will get buried just as June Fears.

But three weeks later a big story hits the front page. Cultist Hotel shut down, massive cult arrested, 80% of its members believed to be in the Pound. There are multiple quotes from Adam himself saying he had no idea this cult existed, nor knew anything about its actions and methodology, something he has long outlawed in Catside. He was dismayed to hear this happened, from an anonymous letter no less, and is working to undo the damage the cult caused.

Unfortunately the cult wasn't known for good record keeping, so they are very much doing things on a case by case basis as the authorities find those affected by the cult and attempt to aid them. Anyone who has been hurt or knows someone who was hurt by the cult is urged to visit Adam's estate.

Of course, this could all be another cult trap to get June to come back so they can finish the job. After all, they did call themselves Adam's Chosen.
[After Catside]

June is disappointed when nothing seems to happen, but figures that's normal.
That's just how things are.
Might as well just try to get on with life as normal, with work and everything.
It's, of course, not easy.

Being turned into a catgirl is a serious medical condition! (Almost as much as being an addict to transformation potions.) (But not as much as literally being a fungus.) Everyone keeps on wanting her to meow, or to scratch her head, or touch her tail, or asks her what happened to her chest, or asks her if she knows that one catgirl model from that one commercial. Plus all the people who say they've always wanted to date a catgirl. And the other people who seem to have a weird phobia of catgirls.
It's already hard enough to be taken seriously in a professional environment!

When something is finally announced and done (okay, admittedly, given that it's a government action and that it involved investigating and rooting out a cult, three weeks is a remarkably short time, and June knows she was being unnecessarily hard on them in her mind).

At first, she doesn't really want to do anything. Not go there, because it definitely is a trap. Except Adam Jr seemed like a pretty nice guy, so maybe if the actual Adam is in on the cult, she could always appeal to Adam Jr and get his help. Worst-case scenario, she gets a second chance to learn what the heck is up with her biology. Best-case scenario, nothing happens.
June, however, still is completely torn and of two minds about deciding to go. Only 80% of the cultists were caught, right? What if someone totally recognizes her? What if...
Time passes, and, eventually, while at a work barbeque party, one of her co-workers-slash-friends convinces her to actually go.

Making sure to bring hard money in case of being tracked or yet another hasty exit, she ends up going.

On the train, she checks online to make sure what to do once arriving at Adam's Estate, and double-checking to make sure nothing alarm-bell-ringing has happened since she last checked, and so on.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Around the World in Eighty Posts]

"Really really," Reinholdt confirms. It's not a boiling all consuming jealousy that tears families apart and emotionally devastates spouses and children alike, but it is certainly present in a vague, wistful way.

Rein rubs his chin as Sylvia describes her warren/home/apartment. "Huh. I never would have guessed that." Obviously, cause he didn't guess that. But still. Sylvia definitely does not come across as someone who spends a lot of time in a communal, packed home. "Do you... like it there?" She seems like she might be the kind of person who is miserable in such conditions, but Rein's already given up on making such dangerous assumptions. Perhaps Sylvia is extremely comfortable and blossoms around family she trusts and only withers out in public with strangers.

"Me? Well, I've always been more of a transient sleeper. Staying wherever work or pleasure takes me. I personally have been sleeping in tavern beds lately, though I camp out just as often." Rein certainly seems too pretty to be an experienced camper, but the cat will sleep in any decent cardboard box. "I take it you've never had smores by a campfire?" Rein's going to have to give Sylvia a lesson in rugged naturalism later. Nothing says rugged like soft fluffy half-melted marshmallows.

[Into a World that Was]

"Well, it would have been nice if all of his ranks had chosen to betray him. Those remnants still loyal to him harry Iraavi with schemes and slaughter. To what end I cannot say. It was only recently uncovered that these fey were responsible for our troubles," Lyn Cha explains.

"Hence why I came here," Lyn adds, wiping a bit of sweat from her brow. "That Jarowit fought with the King in Rags is known to us. I had hope to learn from his techniques passed on through his disciples so that I may uncover a method of striking back at some weakness we had not yet found. That there might be a weapon specifically used against him and his cronies..."

Lyn fades off and shakes her head. "No. I could not ask for you to part with such an important part of your past. The skills you impart upon me and your hospitality are more than enough. Again!" Lyn taps at her shield and braces herself for another parry.

[Catside After Catside]

Nothing on the train or in Catside news seems to even be all that different. Things seemed to have moved on since the story originally broke. She might be able to dig deep enough to find a very small article about the hotel cats. Most of the justice system seems to be wrapped up in trying to distinguish who knew how much, how involved each cat was, who was being coerced, who was suffering from the cultist brainwashing mind control. It's a bit of a mess, though it seems some of the lesser involved are out on bail, if being told not to leave the city. A picture of twins pops up here, a man and a woman that June went on a date on, looking miserable.

If that doesn't drive June home, then the instructions for getting assistance at Adam's estate is quite simple and available online. The person needs to go the Estate and ask to talk to Caroline Cuffs. A british shorthair catgirl who is in charge of helping the victims be processed and properly given the assistance they need. June will recognize Caroline as Adam's overly zealous security catgirl that attempted to interrogate June earlier.
► SHOW SPOILER
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

"I-It's surprising to most, b-but, th-that's just how it is f-for us." Well, she assumed it was surprising to most, from what she had heard. Sylvia hadn't exactly talked to enough people to actually confirm that. ... Not really, no..." she quietly admits.. "It's n-not all bad... m-my room's comfortable... e-everybody knows everyone s-so it's quite safe... b-but it's all... u-um, a b-bit too much." That being said, the bunny wasn't sure she'd exactly be in her element away from it all either. The nature of The Warrens may be overwhelming to her, but she was so used to it that she felt anxious and vulnerable when in open spaces or on her own.

Sylvia pauses for a moment, brow furrowing as she considered their conversation. Wait, she had never mentioned her families wealth to Reinholdt! How did he know? There's a moment where she pales, mind racing with dangers. Had Rein known of her beforehand somehow, marking her as someone worth stealing from? But then she remembers just how easily Rein had read her back at the bar, and she forced herself to relax. No, no, she was being silly. There was nothing malicious happening. She just had to face the fact that she stood out a whole lot more than she had initially realized.

"That s-sounds... difficult. Is i-it um, weird? D-Do you ever g-get used t-to living like th-that?" Sylvia struggled to see how she could ever adjust to something like that. It would be hard to get over being away from her bookshelves, her warm and soft bed, her sketching desk, and other such comforts. "N-No. Um. Wh-what's a... s-smore?"
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

A silence falls, ripe with tension. Orrava and Barenza seem to calculate something in their minds. Lyn Cha clearly has an angle, but it's an angle that might benefit them, too.

"When you think about it, isn't it better to use this spear to slay the enemies it fought before than keep it in a training fortress?"

"Urshal wouldn't want to part with it. But maybe he could be made to see reason. Before or after it's gone..."

"This way the weapon can make a new legend for itself, somewhere else. And he has his own legacy, through his deeds, children and students."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

Reinholdt's definitely not used to such large families. Yet. He's heard Riverside Rein's going to have to get used to it pretty quick.

"Oh yeah. I've been used to living wherever whenever for years now. Honestly coming to the Nexus, it took more time to get used to having bed than absolutely anything else. Nothing was as hard to adjust to as a soft fluffy pillow." That one took a few years.

Reinholdt's not surprised Sylvia doesn't know. "A smore is a half-melted piece of chocolate smothered by a toasted marshmallow pancaked by two graham crackers. It probably won't make any sense until you see it in action." Reinholdt's hammerspace can hold a great many things, but smores isn't one of them. So he can't just pull one out and offer it up.

The car slows to a stop and Rein looks out the window at the solitary runway and the small-ish plane that sat one end. It looks a little cramped within, but nothing Sylvia can't handle, surely. "Ah, we're here!" Rein gets out of the vehicle and goes around to open the door for the bunny girl, looking around as he does and noting the far garage where the pilot probably was resting.

[Into a World that Was]

This was the tricky part. Lyn couldn't appear overly eager for the spear, but she also couldn't appear disinterested entirely. In the same vein, she had to be honorable in a way without being so honorable that she wouldn't take Jarowit's Spear.

Honestly the best thing to do was to let them think it's their own idea that she be given the responsibility to bear the weapon away from the monastery. Let them be the ones to try and argue her into it.

"Would Pangon Urshal not try to retrieve the spear immediately? I would greatly dislike driving a wedge between our peoples."
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

"Yes, he would. Unless we were to persuade him it's for the best."

"Which might be difficult. It might be easier to do it once the spear is already gone. Easier to dissuade him if he'd need to give chase without knowing the direction."

"True. But, of course, getting the spear from wherever it is he keeps it would be a challenge."

"Everything worth doing is a challenge. This has the potential to get the spear out of here, where it languishes and spreads discord, and put it somewhere it can do some good."

The exercise goes on while they deliberate, of course. If anything, planning and fighting at the same time teaches one focus.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Reinholdt wrote: Sep 23, 2022 7:26 am [Catside After Catside]

Nothing on the train or in Catside news seems to even be all that different. Things seemed to have moved on since the story originally broke. She might be able to dig deep enough to find a very small article about the hotel cats. Most of the justice system seems to be wrapped up in trying to distinguish who knew how much, how involved each cat was, who was being coerced, who was suffering from the cultist brainwashing mind control. It's a bit of a mess, though it seems some of the lesser involved are out on bail, if being told not to leave the city. A picture of twins pops up here, a man and a woman that June went on a date on, looking miserable.

If that doesn't drive June home, then the instructions for getting assistance at Adam's estate is quite simple and available online. The person needs to go the Estate and ask to talk to Caroline Cuffs. A british shorthair catgirl who is in charge of helping the victims be processed and properly given the assistance they need. June will recognize Caroline as Adam's overly zealous security catgirl that attempted to interrogate June earlier.

[Catside After Catside]

Oh! Those twins.
Honestly,
June feels a little guilty about them.
Never called them back, and now they look pretty awful.
She looks out the window in hopes that alleviates some of the guilt.
June prays that those two were just victims of brainwashing and receive the help they need to undo the brainwashing. Braindirting? is that what it would be called? She hopes the braindirtying will work out well for them.

On the other hand, finding out that Officer Caroline Cuffs is in charge of this gives June a weird perverse pleasure that it's someone she knows. A little hint of relief, too.

Well, she gets there.
Still thinks it's weird how they dress here at the Estate.
Being kinda-a-catgirl hasn't really changed that.

"Hi, I'm looking for Officer Cuffs? Um, Caroline Cuffs," she asks somebody who seems like they would know what's up.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

"And you do not believe he can be made to see reason while the spear is in his possession?" Lyn Cha asks, 'looking' for a diplomatic solution. The answer was somewhat obvious though, given how fixated Pangon has been on the spear until now. It must drive him mad that it won't attune to him.

"I suspect he keeps it in that locked room at the back of his quarters."

[Catside After Catside]

We could all use a good braindirting now and then.

One thing has changed about the Estate, though how they dress isn't really it. There's a few more guards about, mostly on the perimeter. People are still free to come and go as they please, mostly for tourism purposes, but any catnappings are going to quickly be stopped! It makes it easier to find someone to ask her question even as all the guards know Caroline Cuffs. She's the one that boxes their ears if they start slacking.

So June is directed inside and down a few side corridors to a semi-nice office. Not extravagant like one would expect for the manor, but still fancy enough that one could see it being used by the help. Which right now includes Caroline Cuffs sitting at her desk, doing paperwork.

She looks up as June enters (having invited her in should she have knocked). The terse British Shorthair catgirl takes a moment before recognizing June and when she does, her ears flatten in response. Where should she begin? Apologies for her earlier behavior? Noting the very obvious changes June's been through? Was it... no, if it was consensual, June wouldn't be here.

"I... didn't expect to see you again. How can I help you?"
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

"It's not impossible, but I don't think it's likely, either."

"And we should assume we only have one chance at this. If we fail to convince him, he'll be on his guard."

"Yes. You've been deeper into his quarters than either of us," Orrava says, addressing Lyn Cha again. "And that would be a sensible place for it to be."

"If it's there... it would be very difficult to get it with him there. His sense are acute. Almost prescient."

"Yes, we would need to have him out of the fort entirely. I think Lyn Cha would have the best odds of doing so."

The women seem to fall into an easy equilibrium of those who have made plans together many times before.

"A tryst in the Moon-smile glade?" Barenza seems to doubt her own words. "If he could be made to feel like a young man again..."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Catside after Catside]

Knocking!
Her only weakness.

Surprisingly, it's remarkably difficult to knock on doors without bones. Kinda sounds like hitting something with a pool noodle or a blanket. Luckily! This isn't the first door she's come up against, so June came prepared. All you need is a ring or two and then it makes a normal-ish knocking sound. Rings out a bit more, but it's fine because of the pun.

"Yeah. Um...hi. Good to see you again," June says.
She finds a chair, moves to it, and sits.
"That hotel cult, yeah? That's where I was staying." She pauses, trying to think of what to say next. Um.....
Bites her lip.
"i mean, I managed to escape, but not before they did stuff and also seriously messed up, I think."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

"If... if you think that's the best way," Lyn Cha says with some hesitation of someone struggling internally with the morality of this. Ugh, pretending to have doubts is the worst. How do people live like this?

"So I just need to convince him to take me to the Moon-smile glade and you'll take care of the rest? What is that? I've never heard of it." All the more reason it'll be fairly easy for Lyn to be the one asking to go. Sounds like the kind of place you have to visit at least once.

[Catside after Catside]

Well Caroline with her cat-ears, certainly found the knock be most unusual and kind of limp, but a knock it was all the same! Maybe... Either way she did call out for the maybe knocker to enter and someone did, so retroactively it must have been a knock. Or someone too awkward to walk away after bumping into the door by accident.

"Oh," Caroline says, as if she didn't already suspect that to be the case, her eyes darting between June's cat-ears and cat-eyes. "I'm very sorry to hear that." She closes and pushes her old paperwork into a specific pile off to one side while opening a drawer in her desk to retrieve a different form and placing it in front of June while also providing a pen.

"Well you've come to the right place. That form is just about what concerns you have that you would like addressed or fixed if possible. As well as what you might consider as a satisfactory recompense for the troubles you've been through. None of that is legally binding, more for our records than anything so we can keep track of who we've done what for already, so please be as honest and thorough as possible."

Caroline places a second paper next to the first. "This is basically your official statement of what occurred to you while you were there. Who you met, what happened, etc. Again, be as thorough as possible. This one IS legal and is likely to end up in court as witness evidence against those who wronged you. So, don't make anything up please."

Some people make stuff up in hopes they can extract a larger compensation for their traumas. Or even just outright pretend to have ever been to the Cat Tree Hotel. Fortunately these scam artists are quite few, but they still make extra work for Caroline Cuffs as she checks and double checks everyone's stories and statements.
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

"It's not easy, but it's for the best. Both our peoples will benefit. We'll bear the brunt of Pangon Urshal's anger." Barenza's determination is set in stone.

"The Moon-Smile Glade is a place out here in the hills. When the moon is out, especially if it's full, the whole glade is based in its light. It's a popular locale for romantic meetings and trysts. They say the old gods of the moon smile on couples that bare their bodies and desires before them."

"Before you ask, yes, we tried it." Barenza smiles slightly.

"We will need some time, of course. Anything you can tell us about the layout of his chambers would be useful. Or other information."
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Reinholdt wrote: Sep 26, 2022 9:20 am [Around the World in Eighty Posts]

Reinholdt's definitely not used to such large families. Yet. He's heard Riverside Rein's going to have to get used to it pretty quick.

"Oh yeah. I've been used to living wherever whenever for years now. Honestly coming to the Nexus, it took more time to get used to having bed than absolutely anything else. Nothing was as hard to adjust to as a soft fluffy pillow." That one took a few years.

Reinholdt's not surprised Sylvia doesn't know. "A smore is a half-melted piece of chocolate smothered by a toasted marshmallow pancaked by two graham crackers. It probably won't make any sense until you see it in action." Reinholdt's hammerspace can hold a great many things, but smores isn't one of them. So he can't just pull one out and offer it up.

The car slows to a stop and Rein looks out the window at the solitary runway and the small-ish plane that sat one end. It looks a little cramped within, but nothing Sylvia can't handle, surely. "Ah, we're here!" Rein gets out of the vehicle and goes around to open the door for the bunny girl, looking around as he does and noting the far garage where the pilot probably was resting.

Sylvia gives a small, uncertain chuckle. "I've never n-not had a b-bed and s-soft fluffy p-pillow. A-And I don't th-think I c-could ever adjust t-to not having them."

She tilts her head curiously at his description. Smores certainly weren't the kinds of foods she was used to. Her deserts had always been dainty but rich affairs. "I sh-shall have to t-try it sometime."

They arrived at their destination, and Sylvia gets out of the car, thanking Rein as she did so. She looked at the airplane with some apprehension, suddenly starting to have second thoughts. "Is th-that it? Are you, u-um, sure it's s-safe?"
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

Lyn Cha wasn't going to ask that, Barenza! "Sounds like they smiled on you. Full moon's soon isn't it? Guess I gotta be convincing."

Especially considering how many people probably go there to get lucky. Sounds crowded!

"I don't think I could tell you anything Barenza or you wouldn't know already." But Lyn tries anyways, focusing on what might have changed within Pangon's quarters since Orrava was grandmaster, giving them as much information as she has.

"You would be shocked what people can adjust to," Reinholdt assures the skeptical bunny as he glances over at the plane. "That? Yeah, absolutely." Probably. It's not like Rein's checked the engine and parts directly.

"The important part is, if something goes wrong, I have two different back up plans to get us out safely! Three if we're flying over water. So absolutely nothing to worry about," Reinholdt assures her, stepping past the open garage door.

Within, the soft strumming of a guitar can be heard. Not from any particular song, but definitely of someone who is adjusting the tuning of the instrument. It doesn't take long to find the person following the sound and the heavy smell of cigar smoke. Propped with their feet on a small wooden table is a distinguishedly dressed skeleton leaning back on a chair that shouldn't be leaned that far. Its bony fingers strum at the strings and a lit cigar in its mouth provides a contrasting red glow underneath its hat.

Both Rein and the skeleton appear to stop and stare at each other for several awkward moments before Rein clears his throat. "Ahem. We're here for one of the tour flights." The skeleton glances over at an easy to miss hanging sign with the prices of the flights and Rein follows its unnatural gaze. "Right. Not a problem," he says, pulling out the payment.
► SHOW SPOILER
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

"Yes, I know the door you speak of," Barenza says. "It was there when I was grandmaster. It leads to a storage space. Fairly secure, but if he didn't change that door, I should be able to get in."

"He seems to rely on no one knowing about the spear and no one daring to steal from him, as well as his own presence. That's an advantage if he's not there."

"Simply let us know when you've arranged a meeting with him in the glade. You might need time to make it look believable and we'll need time to prepare, but we must not delay too long."
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Unfortunately his reassurances were were wasted, as Sylvia could and would find anything to worry about. "B-But you j-j-just said it was s-safe! Why w-would you n-need backup plans!? A-And um, wh-what could y-you even possibly d-do?" Was Reinholdt a mage with some tricks up his sleeve if they ever were put in danger?

Sidling along behind Rein, Sylvia finds herself face-to-face with the skeletal figure. Can you call it face to face when it's with a skeleton? She's rather taken aback, and a little creeped out. Surprisingly, she's not quaking with fear though. It probably helps that the skeleton is nicely dressed, doing normal people things. Still, she seems hesitant to get any closer. "U-Um... a-are you... th-the pilot..? I-Is the p-plane safe?" Probably a question with an obvious answer, but you never know. And she still found herself concerned about the vehicles safety.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

"Well, I'll aim for the next full moon and if I can manage to arrange the night alone with him, I will let Barenza know," Ilpholin assures them. "When we return, I will find a way to split off and come here before he really gets a chance to find out what's gone missing. Have a small bag of supplies for me for the trip back waiting for me too, I suppose..." Lyn Cha says with a bit of sadness. Regardless of the mission, the training here has been quite invigorating. Ilpholin doesn't recall the last time she's been so challenged, yet learned so much. A shame that it must be so short by necessity. History demands it.

Reinholdt tilts his head quizzically at Sylvia. "A good adventurer always has backup plans. Do you not have an emergency contact if something goes wrong during a routine medical procedure? It's the same general principal. Not that I'm here to steal your kidneys or anything, hah!" Rein laughs and pats Sylvia on the back.

"I am," The skeleton confirms with Sylvia, reluctantly setting aside his guitar to take Rein's bag of money and give it a quick count before pocketing it and standing up. "Plane's plenty safe. I've flown it dozens of times, with no problems," He assures Sylvia, putting his cigar out on an ashtray and motioning for them to follow.

"Ohhh, this will be exciting," Rein titters as they head back to the plane and doors get opened, held for Sylvia, urging her to be the first inside and to get comfortable. Once she gets inside though, there will be no backing out!
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

"We can have a bag for you ready, so you can depart promptly."

"So much cloak and dagger... just like old times, isn't it?"

"Yes, indeed... let us simply hope it works."

Their plan having been made, the training continues. When Barenza and Lyn Cha head back to the fort, Orrava stays at the hut, but promises to return tomorrow. Come what may, she believes her time of isolation is over. Barenza is in notably better mood when they return. Lyn Cha will be free to proceed or plan as she deems fit.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

Well good for Barenza. Ilpholin would hate to be on the wrong end of these two's schemes. Sounds like they've had quite a few over the years. And they're still alive, which speaks loudly for their successes.

The primary part of the plan mostly requires keeping Pangon sexually interested in her. Spending time with him seems like the most important factor in that, so she'll focus on getting his attention whenever he's free or retreated from the public eye. When he's training the students, he's clearly busy. But when he's not, that means he surely has some time to personally train her again and again, as loudly and as vigorously as he wants. At least until two days before the full moon, when she'll bring up a new topic. Romantic, uhh, training in the Moon-Smile Glade.
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

Pangon Urshal will be happy to receive Lyn Cha, both for the training and the entertainment afterwards. His sexual attraction to her is closely intermixed with his interest in her potential as a warrior.

During training, she will learn that the style he practices is called Forceful Exhalation. It's based around projecting his strength through his attacks, as he demonstrated during their first bout. It's a difficult style and Urshal may be one of the few practitioners of it left in the world. It requires cultivating inner and outer strength and learning to withstand the tremendous force produced by its maneuvers. He seems curious if Lyn Cha can pick up its fundamentals.

After training, he will be as vigorous and skilled a lover as before, eagerly spending more time enjoying her company. Having a lover who can match him in enthusiasm, skill and endurance invigorates him, awakening the barbarian hero he was in his youth. He will ask her to stay overnight at least once and make the night an eventful one.

When Lyn Cha suggests a rendezvous in the Moon-Smile Glade, it's after the two finished their martial training but before they got up to their usual follow-up to it. Pangon Urshal smiles as he reaches for a carafe of water.

"I didn't take you for a romantic. But I like the idea. I've been told that the glade is beautiful but I haven't been there. The gods of the moon will be breathless at the sight of you, if they truly do watch the glade."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

Lyn Cha seems to understand the fundamentals behind Forceful Exhalation, that part she latches on to quickly. Putting it into practice, however, seems to come more difficult for her. It clashes a lot with her usual fighting techniques. And not only is it naturally tough, but there's inner conflict within her that chafes at her own strength and holds it back.

That's not to say she isn't learning rapidly. Instead of mastering the techniques behind Forceful Exhalation, Lyn Cha seems to be developing her own unique maneuvers to counter and usurp the master's moves. She's taken the techniques of Forceful Exhalation and Orrava's defensive maneuvers and seems to be blending them into something new altogether. Still clearly in its infancy though and the more she learns of Pangon's style, the more she refines her own.

"You haven't seen it either? I wanted to go cause I'm not from around here and want to see the different sights your country holds, but what's your excuse, hmm?" Lyn Cha is surprised he's never been.

"Well... do you think we can capture their attention together and get their blessings? A impeccable male like yourself must surely draw their eye," She says, running her hands up his back to massage at his shoulders as her chest presses into his back. "After all, you caught mine."

Lyn Cha faux gasps. "Mayhaps, I'm a goddess of the moon, tarrying with a mortal specimen above and beyond all the rest," she teases.
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

"I secluded myself for most of the time I've been here. All the more reason to try now, isn't it?" Pangon Urshal turns around and wraps his arms around Lyn Cha, pressing her chest to his. "But you're right. The two of us, together... quite a sight. And what boons would you hope the old gods would bestow on us? Unless you are truly a goddess yourself..."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Catside after Catside]

At least Caroline didn't look at her cat tail. That would be soooooo embarrassing.

June grabs the form.
And the pen.
She nods, and looks over the form as Caroline explains it.

And she pulls the second paper closer. "As thorough as possible," she repeats, before adding: "I assume that means the relevant stuff, right? Like, what happened, what I was told, the dumb video they played, and so on. But the people I met at breakfast or the recommendations I was given on where to sight-see probably don't matter, right?" June starts thinking...if so, that catgirl she met at the start who tried to give some kind of warning probably would merit mentioning but the twins and going on a date with them wouldn't be relevant.
But, well, there's a reason why she phrased it with a question mark, in case Caroline disagrees.

June purses her lips and taps them with the pen.

"Okay, I'll start with this one." She pauses, and realizes something that she feels needs to be asked: "Oh, forgot to ask: Um. It's best if I just fill it all out right here, right now, right?" Lots of rights. Luckily, the pen's in her left hand so it balances out. The crux of the issue, though: "Or if you're busy, I'm sure I could find a place to fill it out and then turn it back in to you." If she wants a lot of detail, then it might take a while.

Unless told to leave and fill it out elsewhere, she'll start with the first one. Recompense and problems to be fixed is simple and fast and not legally binding, so it seems like it would be best to be as orderly and succinct and clear as possible. "I'm glad it's you here, and not some random person I've never met before," June adds. "It's better when it's someone you know."
(Well, even if told to leave and fill it out elsewhere, she'll still write the same things)
So, she puts it all in a three-item bulleted list and tries to write in as little cursive as possible, which is actually surprisingly hard.
1. When I escaped, I had to leave my clothes and suitcase and a few other things. Would like them found and returned, if possible; if not, replacement clothes or the value thereof would be fine
2. They clearly botched the surgery and didn't care about checking anything, and so I think it would be good to have someone check to make sure they didn't add any serious irrecoverable problems
3. As recompense, and related to point 2, I would like it if an medical expert with experience in magical biology could, in private, test and figure out and provide me with readings of what's up with my biology

Yup. That seems....okay. And a medical expert from Catside keeping it private would be a much better person to test what the heck's with her biology than someone from Riverside who could accidentally let it slip what's up, June decides. Finally, time to address this after over a year of putting it off and coming up with excuses to skip mandatory medical evaluations.

Oh, and since the second one, the statement, is a legal document, June tries her best to write as accurately what happened from her perspective, even drawing little diagrams when necessary! But since it's been a couple months, she doesn't exactly remember 100% of it, and admits as much in the points where she doesn't remember.
"Here, is this sufficient?"
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Reinholdt wrote: Oct 05, 2022 9:23 am [Around the World in Eighty Posts]

Reinholdt tilts his head quizzically at Sylvia. "A good adventurer always has backup plans. Do you not have an emergency contact if something goes wrong during a routine medical procedure? It's the same general principal. Not that I'm here to steal your kidneys or anything, hah!" Rein laughs and pats Sylvia on the back.

"I am," The skeleton confirms with Sylvia, reluctantly setting aside his guitar to take Rein's bag of money and give it a quick count before pocketing it and standing up. "Plane's plenty safe. I've flown it dozens of times, with no problems," He assures Sylvia, putting his cigar out on an ashtray and motioning for them to follow.

"Ohhh, this will be exciting," Rein titters as they head back to the plane and doors get opened, held for Sylvia, urging her to be the first inside and to get comfortable. Once she gets inside though, there will be no backing out!

Sylvia looked a little confused. In her mind, those things were a little different. Although maybe he was onto something. If she made sure to have backup plans for everything, maybe it'd help ease her anxieties about... well, everything. She offered a chuckle at his joke. Of course. Not that she had a stupid moment of panic in the the taxi over that he could have been planning exactly something like that.

"Dozens of times," did not sound like a lot of times for verifying the safety of a plane to Sylvia. Still, she found herself guided by Reinholdt and the pilot to it's door. It took some time, and a lot of deep breaths, but eventually she summed up the courage and rather hesitantly stepped into the plane. She did her best to get comfortable as she sat down, but was fidgeting about anxiously. "S-So, um, w-what were th-those backup plans o-of yours?"
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

"Oh? I guess I don't actually know that much about you, huh?" Lyn Cha had imagined him as a roamer, a traveler, a seductionist. Though perhaps the princess' castle walls were limiting.

"Hmm... Limitless energy might be a good start. Endless youth perhaps? A constellation of stars named after us?" Lyn teases as she starts kissing her way down his chest, lower and lower, knowing how demanding he'll soon become. Knowing where she needs to be to really get him going.

[Catside after Catside]

"As much as you can about the hotel and the employees within it that you interacted with, please." Caroline Cuffs would prefer to make the decision about whether something's relevant or not herself. June might not even realize if a thing is relevant after all, having only her limited perspective and a lack of other witness statements. Even if 98% of the time, June's probably right about what's irrelevant.

"You can fill it out here, or somewhere more comfortable if you want." Some people get nervous having a security chief in the same room while they're making statements. Caroline doesn't really care either way, she's going to be working on her own paperwork until June's done regardless.

Caroline does, however, blush a little as June mentions her gratitude for a familiar face. "Ahh... you're welcome? Umm... and... well, sorry about last time. Just... doing my job, you know?" It felt weak as an excuse. Caroline doubts its veracity the moment she says it. Well Adam kept her around anyways, so maybe it wasn't all that bad.

When June returns, the cat cop takes the statements and reviews them, taking her time looking them over. One part in particular makes Caroline furrow her brow and she looks up at June, staring distinctly at her ears and then tilting her head to look at that cat tail of hers. What? What does June mean by botched surgery? She seems... very... catgirl to Caroline. The overworked cat chews her lip, wondering if she should ask, but eventually decides that's some medical privacy thing that June will have to talk to a doctor about.

"Right. Yes, this is plenty, thank you. I will tend to this immediately. Until I can get you some answers about your luggage and medical concerns, you can if you wish, stay here at the Estate free of charge. Otherwise, if you leave your contact information, I should get in touch with you in a day, two at most. Also, please keep your travel and lodging receipts if you still have them and we will reimburse you for those as well."

Reinholdt climbs in beside Sylvia, sitting quite close due to the somewhat cramped cabin, his leg pressing against hers. "Oh. Jumping out with parachutes. Or jumping out without parachutes and me catching you while I fly away. Or jumping into water, that's happened recently on date actually." Quite the daredevil, that woman who dived out of the air into a small pond.

The pilot closes the doors behind them as he gets into his seat as well and starts fiddling with levers and switches, the rotor roaring to life and beginning to spin. The airplane shudders a few times before beginning to move, frame shaking as the plane begins to roll down the runway. Rein grabs Sylvia's arm excitedly. "Ohhh, feel that tremble. Is this how people always fly? Crazy!" He grins at her and then turns his head to watch out the window as things move faster and faster until that magical moment where a suddenly lift begins and they stop touching the ground entirely. Which also corresponds to the end of much of the shaking.
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

"When I was younger, and less weighed down, I would have wasted no time bringing a worthy woman there. But you have a way of reminding me about those days." Pangon Urshal's hands caress Lyn Cha's neck and shoulders, fingers running through her hair. Soon enough he'll be wanting more. "Those are fine things to ask of gods... we'll just give them a magnificent display and hope they take notice. Or maybe lineages of two gods will meet there, if Jarowit is indeed my predecessor."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Into a World that Was]

"Sounds like you need some... relief from all that stress and weight of leadership. Maybe I can help you to relax~" Lyn says, leaving the curtain up until he commands otherwise, knowing he likes to be in charge. She will nibble at and tease his hips until he can't resist though.

"Oh? And which goddess do I take after, then?" Lyn Cha idly asks. Her knowledge of the forgotten gods of this era is understandably limited.
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Into a World that Was]

"Ah... in these lands, they venerate a star-goddess who grew tired of burning coldly in the dark and came down to earth, to live among the mortals. She was beautiful and lived many mortal lifetimes before passing on, leaving behind lineages of queens and heroes." Pangon Urshal sucks in a breath, no longer able to resist the teasing. His hands slip to his short trousers, dropping them to his knees, then his fingers run through Lyn Cha's hair. "Time for some practice in holding your breath, now."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Catside after Catside]

Everything about the hotel and its employees!
That's a lot of stuff to write and/or draw. June didn't even think about this before now, but that probably includes the nighttime music and which doors were locked that she tried and maybe some embarrassing details about how she totally probably accidentally went on a date with two people at the same time and maybe even that one random shop owner who asked her about being on break while she was sneaking out wearing the hotel outfit, and everything.
Geez.
That's a lot.
Well, luckily, since the key is to be accurate, she figures for the stuff she doesn't remember it'll be fine to just write 'I don't completely remember but I think ____'

Since she's much less likely to be bothered and it'll be easier, she just ends up staying in the room.

And June's glad Caroline didn't ask about medical privacy things.
Guess it'll just forever be a mystery! Caroline will have to just let her imagination run wild.

"Okay. Thanks," June says.
She takes a step back, and quickly decides what to do: it's a pretty easy decision. Pros of staying here: free of charge, won't have to come back and forth asking for updates, things will go faster. Con: oh wait shoot is the way most people dress here an actual dress code or is it just how they like dressing June had never thought of this before literally right now as she's answering, "It'll be easier and faster to just stay here, so I'll do that."

She gives a wave, asks where she should go for staying here at the Estate, and steps out to go do that.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

"O-oh." Sylvia wasn't entirely sure that Reinholdt was being sincere when he said he could fly. "Why d-did you, u-um, have t-to jump into w-water?"

Once the plane started up, the bunny visibly stiffened. She looked around for something to grab a hold of. She grabbed a hold of him too, though less out of excitement and more out of fear."C-Crazy s-sounds about r-r-right... oh!" Sylvia gasps as the plane began to move. She squeezed her eyes shut, shaking just as much as the plane. She did not like how it shook and rattled at all, and was convinced it was going to fall apart. But then, the wheels leave the ground, and things become smoother. "A-Are we... w-we flying?" Finally opening her eyes, still shaking, the bunny peers out the window. She's horrified to indeed see that they are now in the air, but a small part of her is finally excited. She had done it! She had done something adventurous and scary!