The Scorching Depths

Locales abroad of the city centers, from out of doors to the outer planes.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: The Scorching Depths

Post by bc56 »

Dramatic Bedroom
Oh no they're under attack! Mary considers her options. She could let the other girls go, but she has a good idea. "I'm a druid, so I can control plants, right? I'd like to make the grass under the skeleton's feet grow up to hold them in place."
Marigold suggested that one. It's similar to her own specialties.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!

Tags:
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Dramatic Bedroom]

"If that's how you wanna describe your abilities, sure," Glister replies. "But entangling the skeletons like that is the sorta thing you could do with the Prayer ability. You could use your Protection ability to make the plants grow up to defend the people. Since it's an Instant ability you can use it twice on your turn so you could help BOTH of the people at the same time. Or since you haven't used any of your abilities yet you could swap out Divination or Protection with Prayer, if you think that's gunna be more fun."

Oh no!

Mary is faced with a choice!

"Don't worry too much, there isn't a wrong answer," Bella says, smiling encouragingly at her sister.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Dramatic Bedroom
Mary's face falls. She had a good idea! She furrows her brow in thought.
Her eyes light up. "You said we could pick two extra abilities based on what kind of person we were. Could this be one of mine? Since humans don't have special powers?"
Oh no, she's already learning to rules-lawyer things the GM said! Or maybe she's just paying attention.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Dramatic Bedroom]

"Oh, yeah, that works! All the different creature-types get some sorta magic ability and some sorta movement or exploration ability, like unicorns get levitation and teleportation. So you can totally pick plant-magic as one of your human abilities,"
Glister says, who is in fact showing off her ACTUAL levitation ability by floating her book in front of herself right now. "Obviously not all humans get plant magic but humans are pretty diverse so that makes sense. Okay! So you're gunna try to tangle up the club skeletons. Go ahead and make a BONK! roll for me to find out how well it works, it's that round looking one with all the triangles."

Thus Mary rolls for her first time and gets...

A fifteen!

But is that good?

"Ooh, juuuust shy of an overwhelming success, but still good! Vines burst from the ground around the skeletons, wrapping around them as quick as you can blink! They're all completely stopped in their tracks and one of them is so entangled it can't even move it's club! With the skeletons halted the people can safely escape!" Glister narrates. "But now the torch skeletons are setting buildings on fire! What are guys gunna do?"

"I wanna use my Elementalism ability to drop a whole lotta freezing rain all over the torch skeletons to frost them up and put out the fires," Phelsie says. "Oh! And I'm gunna declare this an ACT OF HEROISM! 'cuz I wanna make sure I don't totally mess up."

Glister nods to the faewyld dragon and then explains for Mary's benefit, "So you can say a thing you do is heroism to add five to whatever you roll, that way it's impossible to completely fail. But once you've done that you can do it again until you do something outside a battle that fits with your class. Like since Yarpyis is a wizard she's gotta do something I think is scholarly enough to get her heroism back."

"Beans. Haha, at least I called heroism," Phelsie laughs.

She rolled a three.

"Okay, so you succeed but there's bad stuff. You douse the torch skeletons one at a time, putting out their torches and quenching the fire. But the last one THROWS his torch directly into your face, setting your fake beard on fire," Glister declares.

"Noo! Not the beard!" Phelsie laments.

"That's gunna cause you some Harm unless you get Protected," she adds, eyes flicking over to Mary. "And that means you're up, Olympia."

"Arright. So Imma pull out my sword and head straight for the club skeletons with a cry of 'FOR APPLELOOSA!' and use my Whirling Cleave ability," Olympia says, making her roll as well. A seven. Oof.

"So you cleave through two of the trapped skeletons with a sweep of your sword, but one of 'em has enough give in his vine bindings to clonk you right in the side of the head," Glister narrates.

"Nope, gunna use my Champion ability to block that and counter-strike," Olympia says, rolling again. "Ugh... plus five from Champion but I rolled a two. So I guess I got the skeleton but I'm still getting BONK!ed?"

Olympia nods.

"Heck."

Hmm... It looks like Mary has a choice here. She can Protect the squishy wizard Yarpyis OR the sturdy warrior Cold Steel, but not both.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Dramatic Bedroom
Mary rolls the weird die with trepidation. 15? Phew. "Yes!"

Then she listens and waits her turn again... And oh no, her friends are getting hurt!
"Um... Olympia can take a hit right? She's sturdy?" she asks. "I'll protect Phelsie." she confirms. Better to shield the fragile wizard than the sturdy warrior, right?
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Dramatic Bedroom]

"Yeah Cold Steel's a tough pony. She can take a BONK! or two," Olympia assures Mary.

"When you cast your spell a shield of marigold blossoms swirls around Yarpyis, intercepting the torch before it can hit her. Cold Steel gets clubbed, though, causing her vision to momentarily blur. Make sure to mark the Harm down," Glister reminds Olympia.

"My hero!"
Phelsie croons, fluttering her eyes at Mary. "You're my beard-savior!"

"Okay that just leaves the skeleton archers. They've got Skitters and Bellnika right up in their face, so the two that are still standing are gunna try scooting outta melee range. You wanna BONK! one of 'em, Bella?" Olympia asks.

"Nah, I'm gunna throw down my Emblem ability instead of a BONK! FOR GLORY!" Bella replies with as much gusto as she can manage. Glister adds a banner on a standard next to Bellnika on the map.

"Arright, since the Emblem is in place the skeletons can't move away from it, so they're stuck with Bellnika. They're just gunna make the shots at her while they're impaired in melee AND demoralized from the Emblem drop," Glister says, rolling a pair of those funny round dice. The this time around it's a 12 and a 2 and Bella begins doing her best goblin cackle.

"Catastrophic failure!"
Bella whoops. "What happens?"

"Okay okay, so right as the skeleton tries to line up a shot on you it gets bumped by Skitter's butt, causing the arrow to miss and totally take the head off the other skeleton,"
Glister announces.

"So that's top of the round, then?" Olympia asks. "Who's gunna go first this round?"

"NOT SO FAST!" Glister shouts, spooky mist beginning to roll across the map. "From out of the darkness and gloom a foreboding figure emerges! A skeleton cloaked in robes, baleful red lights glowing in his sockets! He opens his mouth and his voice comes forth like the dusty creaking of an opening tomb! 'Foalish heroes, you dare stand against the mighty Skellizard? Be devoured by despair!'"

From the creep on the map tendrils of darkness curl forth and buffet the heroic avatars!

"Okay everyone, give me a resist roll. That's the twelve sided one made of pentagons," Glister says as the other girls go for their twelve sided dice.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Dramatic Bedroom
"Wait, what?" Isn't this a bit early for the skellizard to show up? Mary reaches for her stack of dice and, after staring at the two roundish ones for a moment, grabs the right one and rolls. "7?" she says questioningly. Is that good enough?
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Dramatic Bedroom]

"Unless there's something weird going on you gotta get a five or higher to resist," Olympia helpfully informs Mary. At the same time the rest of the girls (and one dragon) are rolling.

"Seven!"
"A six."
"...four. I guess RNGesus isn't smiling on me today," Olympia laments. The dice really aren't being very kind to her today.

"Okay, so everyone except Cold Steel is okay. Through your bright and hopeful dispositions you three are able to fight off the tendrils of despondency trying to coil into your minds but Cold Steel isn't so lucky. She's gunna take one Stress and be Demoralized until the end of her next turn. Okay, NOW we're at the top of the round. A Doomcaller of the Skelizzard has just appeared and he really sucks. Who wants to deck 'em in the gob?" Glister asks.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Dramatic Bedroom
Oh, so that's not the skellizard himself. And maybe Mary should have shielded Olympia.
But now they have to pick someone to go first? No one else is speaking up. She looks at her card. "I can find out his weaknesses?" She has that handy Divination ability.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Dramatic Bedroom]

Nope! It's a pretty nasty badguy, though. But our heroes have already taken out the minions so it's just the enemy caster left, which might be easier to deal with than if he were getting screened by other skeletons.

"Sure! So Vanessa uses her Divination ability. You spy a lily growing near the roots of an oak tree near the monster and realize that he has a black gem fused to his ribs that's the source of his power. A golden glow surrounds the monster's wretched heart, exposing the weakness to your friends. The badguy doesn't notice, though and now it's his turn," Glister says. "He raises a bony finger and fires a bolt of black lightning at Yarpyis!"

Uh oh!

More doom!

Glister rolls for the bad guy and, "Fifteen. That's gunna zap you for sure, Phelsie. Unless Mary decides to save your bacon again."

Phelsie gives Mary her best cute pleading dragon face.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Dramatic Bedroom
"I'll shield her again," Mary agrees. She doesn't want Phelsie to die! That would be bad!
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Dramatic Bedroom]

"You're my absolute hero," the faewyld dragon confides in Mary.

"Okay so the lightning bolt goes blasting toward Yarpyis but Vanessa's flower power is just too much for it. The beam scatters against the barrier harmlessly, filling the air with the scent of marigolds,"
Glister narrates.

"And I'll go next! Yarpyis begins conjuring her elemental magic again and goes, "Is that all you've got you bag of bones? Let me show you what a REAL lightning bolt is like!' and then lobs a lightning bolt straight at the skeleton!" Phelsie announces, doing a little arcane handwaving with her paws before miming a lightning bolt.

That gets a nod from Glister and Phelsie rolls TWO big round dice. "So that's advantage AND insight from the Divination-"
And five and a ten.

"Bleh, no overwhelming success. Oh well! Better than flubbing I guess," Phelsie sighs.

"So your lightning bolt really rattles this jerks bones but he's still standing. AND he lobs another black lightning bolt right back at you," Glister announces. Then rolls a 15. Again. "Yeah you're getting blasted this time. The dark lightning courses through you, sapping your strength of body and resolve alike. You take one harm AND one stress."

"Youch, this guy's serious," Phelsie mutters, marking down the damage.

"Okay I'm already pretty close to this jerk Imma just ride right up to him and drop my Emblem," Bella announces, miming a scooping motion like's she's picking up her banner as she goes.

"So now he's got a demoralize until the end of his next turn so that'll help. That just leaves you, Olympia,"
Glister continues.

"Haha, if the dice will be nice to me. Imma move in to double-team this guy with Bellnika and use my Champion ability to just whollop him. The moral'll cancel the demoralized out so that's just a normal roll, right?" Olympia clarifies. With a nod from Glister she rolls and-!

"UGH! I'm just gunna eat the miss instead of taking the gambit this time," Olympia grumbles. "I swear these dice are cursed."

"Yeah, with her mind clouded by dark magic Cold Steel just can't seem to line up her strikes," Glister says apologetically.

"Maybe bad luck from hell rubbed off on them," Olympia says, eyeing the dice suspiciously. "Either way, top of the round right yeah? I'm gunna go first. Champion again, but THIS TIME it's an act of heroism! With a roar of frustration and rage Cold Steel swings her sword at the skeleton with all of her might!"

The die rolls across the table, teetering on a 5 before flopping over to a 20.

"YES! That's a thirty! EPIC SUCCESS!" Olympia cheers, pumping her fist in the air.

"Okay you just hecking WHOLLOPED him. Skeletal body carved in half. Magic begins crackling feebly around one of his hands-"

"I stomp a hoof down on it and growl, 'Where's the rest of you maggots hiding? What HOLE do you keep crawling outta?'"
"My master awaits you in Galloping Glitter Cave. Throw yourselves on his mercy and he may make your deaths painless," Glister hisses in her best spooky skeleton warlock voice.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Dramatic Bedroom
"Is that it? Did we win?" What does the champion ability even do? One turn it's used to counterattack and the next it's used for a powerful attack? "What do we do now?" Mary asks.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Dramatic Bedroom]

"That," Glister announces, "Will be for when I come by to visit again next week."

Mary may suddenly realize that several hours have passed over the course of building characters and playing the game.

Time flies when you're table top gaming!

"Next time we'll pick up the next morning after everyone has had time to rest and recover from the battle. It wasn't SUPER intense but Cold Steel and Yarpyis got hit pretty bad. Woulda been worse, though if you hadn't been helping to protect them," the unicorn says, giving Mary a smile. "And Vanessa managed to save some towns people, too! That good deed will come back to help you guys out later."

Noticing Mary's look, Olympia seems to have an idea of what's going through her friend's mind. She holds out her class card for Mary to look at. "It's a cool ability, right? It just does a basic BONK! wortha damage, but you get Moral on the attack so you're more likely to hit. AND it can be used as an instant to block and counter-attack. Warrior abilities are all pretty strong but they've all gotta be used up close and personal where it's more dangerous."

"You did really good, Mary, I had a lotta fun playing with you," Bella says, smiling at her sister.

Phelsie has scooted out of her place near the table and is attacking the snacks that were brought in for them a little over an hour ago.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Dramatic Bedroom
"Really? Aww, it was just getting good!" Mary is disappointed.
"It was fun! I'll see you guys next week! Except you, Bella." She'll see Bella all the time.

Weeks pass. By the third game session, Mary is up and about, although she's still frequently in pain and needs a staff to walk. By the fourth, she's using some magic again, although she clearly struggles where it once came easily.

It's only shortly after that that Sekhmet gets both of them together and brings them to the portal back to the manor. Mary can't hide her excitement, even as she leans on her staff - a simple wooden pole with a clear gemstone on the end - for balance. "Can Bella come too?"
"If she wants. There are plenty of empty rooms in the manor," Sekhmet invites.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Dramatic Bedroom]

"Haha, that's how these games always are. Gotta find a good cliffhanger to leave it on so everyone's looking forward to it," Glister laughs. "Okay, I guess we'll just... I mean, the fox'll collect you two and Bella stays, right?"

"Yeah! That's the idea. I wouldn't mind having some fun too but the fox seems pretty bushed if there's more than one of us dreamed up at a time," Phelsie admits.

The unicorn will zonk herself again (such a useful spell if you're having trouble getting to sleep) and the fox will gather back up her masks. Both Olympia and Phelsie will give Mary hugs before they go. Then it's back to the shadow and Khannie awakens with a snort. "Bye! You two have fun! Don't get up to anything TOO succubusy."

Excellent advice.

THUS!

Time passes.

Adventures are had and mysteries are uncovered!

And finally the time comes to leave the depths.

"Heck yeah I'm coming too," Bella says, stretching out her arms and wings alike. "It's okay down here but I've gotta admit I really miss the sun. All I've really got is from Khannie I wanna feel it on my wings myself."

Also?

She wants to explore that island a bit more. She's gotten some hints about the interesting things nearby, especially ruins! And with her natural shape-shifting she can actually check 'em out whereas Khannie OR the fox would have a lot of trouble there. Bella offers a hand for Mary to lean on, smiling to her sister as she moves to step through the portal.

FINALLY a change in scenery.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Blistering Mountains
The trip out here was uneventful. The black carriage, pulled by a pair of fiery demonic horses, clearly hadn't been used in quite a while, but with one of the palace guards serving as the driver, the two demon princesses were able to travel into the mountains in style.
The heat out here is intense, but succubi like them are adapted to it. Even so, Mary's elected for light, breathable clothing; a crop top and a pair of shorts. She's finally walking unaided, but she keeps her staff close at hand just in case.
"We're here," Mary declares. The landscape is desolate as always, under a sunless, starless sky. Here, it's rough, craggy mountains, lava flows leaking from cracks in the rock. Sekhmet once said this landscape was beautiful in its own way, but neither Mary nor Bella were privy to that conversation. "This is supposed to be the best place for flying. Are you ready?" Mary asks her sort-of sister.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Blistering Mountains]

Bella had asked pretty early on whether or not the demon horses are intelligent like the hellhounds are.

Partly because she's curious and partly because being stuck in an animal-body when you're still smart would suck. Especially something like a horse. She knows how annoyed her dad is that he hasn't got hands anymore. At least Glister has the equestrian magic stuff so she can do levitation to mostly cope.

Bella's wearing an outfit pretty similar to her sisters, though with two pretty glaring differences. She's even less curvy than usual. Considering the way she's been checking herself out the whole way over every fifteen minutes or so it's pretty obvious that something is bugging her.

But then it isn't time to fidget anymore.

It's time for some flying.

"Holy heck this place looks cool,"
Bella says, peering out the window at the fiery landscape. "This probably isn't gunna be much different than dragon flying, right? Since there's some magic stuff going on with both. Wings this tiny wouldn't actually hold us up."

But wings this tiny are ALSO cute.

And that's what's important.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Blistering Mountains
The horses are intelligent. If Bella looks through what little records there are on them, she'll find that the form of a nightmare (or nightstallion) was a punishment Sapphira used on slaves who refused to work, and that the shape comes with a compulsion towards obedience. Awful stuff, but this is Hell.
"Yeah, like dragon flight. There're a lot of thermals here so we should be able to glide easily too... Um... Is something on your mind? You keep looking at your... Lack-of-chest." Mary, on the other hand, is as buxom as she's ever been. Even all the nonsense with Sapphira didn't convince her to reduce her cup size.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Blistering Mountains]

Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in Bella trying to be nice to the horses. She knows the souls here by and large belonged to people who were awful when they were alive. Villains from the petty to the terrible. But Khannie, and by extension Bella, is one of those idealistic heroes that definitely doesn't believe in the 'kill the villain and let the gods sort them out' sort of vengeance stuff. It's her hope that bad guys will learn to be good.

After all, what's better. To destroy your enemy? Or to convince an enemy it's better to be a friend?

As they're getting out of the carriage Bella will pat one of the horses on the neck. "You did a good job."

Sometimes a little encouragement goes a long way.

But then a question!

Bella heaves a sigh. "Is it that obvious?" she huffs. "Since I've been learning to use my infernal magic and getting better at it I just sorta... feel it swelling in me like steam pressure wanting to be used. And it's like it WANTS me to be shaped more like all the other succubus. I start ballooning up if I don't pay attention. And I've had to adjust my figure basically every morning when I wake up! It's so friggin' dumb."

The succubus princess sounds pretty irritated.

"I dunno if this is stupid of me to fight it but I don't wanna look like what Sapphira made me look like. Maybe I'm just being stubborn about it."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Blistering Mountains
Mary listens intently to Bella's complaint. "I think Mum had the same thing happen. If you look at old pictures from when she and Da were dating, she was like a pancake. When she brought me back, she was big, but normal-person big. And now... Melons!" Mary makes an emphatic gesture around her chest. "I'm pretty sure she used to shapeshift them down to a normal-person size but stopped a couple months after Red was born."
Mary rubs one of her horns thoughtfully. "So you feel weird about being big because Sapphira wanted you to be big?" she questions. That's what Bella just said. "I think I have a solution to that."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Blistering Mountains]

"I think I got the attitude from the fox, sorta. Or at least zoroark me. I wanna try to blend in, not be the middle of everyone's attention! But ALL the succubus wanna stand out and the whole thing is just dumb," Bella concludes, crossing her arms with a huff.

Hearing that Sekhmet went through the same thing doesn't make her feel much better. It just means this is probably a futile struggle.

"But yeah... I mean, that's part of it? The reason I changed my looks so much is because I don't wanna be what she wanted me to be. Not how I look, not how I act, nothing. I think I was super lucky that you've got the corruption of corruption thing your mom's got AND Glister is basically a unicorn of purification. Cuz otherwise I probably woulda ended up like the other succubuses."

While she's been fuming flames churning out thick black smoke have begun licking across her fingers in reaction to her frustration even discussing the topic. And with her magic being used she begins shape shifting subtlety towards a fuller figure.

She notices almost immediately.

"UGH! See!? This is what I'm dealing with!" Bella yells with frustration. Which causes flames and smoke to erupt across her arms and wings. Which accelerates the shape shifting. "AAAAAGH!"

That definitely isn't helping.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Blistering Mountains
"It's okay, calm down," Mary tries to soothe Bella. "She wanted me to be big too. But that's not what I think about." Mary tries to smile for her sister. "Sapphira wanted me to be big, but I'm not big because of her. I'm big because of Mum. When she put her essence in me, to bring me back from the dead, it ensured sooner or later I wouldn't be able to see my feet," Where is she going with this? "When I look at my chest, I don't think about Sapphira even though she messed with it so much. I think about Mum. I'm not busty like Sapphira, I'm busty like Sekhmet." She points at Bella. "And you. Sapphira wanted you to be big, but it was my venom that did it! And then when I elevated you to royalty, I (unintentionally) amplified it. So you're not busty like Sapphira either, you're busty like me!"
Is that rambling, roundabout pep talk even remotely useful? Only Bella can say.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Blistering Mountains]

You know what never works?

Telling people to calm down.

Now, to her credit Bella does NOT yell that she IS calm. She knows that she let herself get worked up over this and she feels kinda like a doof over it. At Mary's suggestion to calm down she yells AGAIN and hurls a fireball at that mountain way over there. The livid red flames trailing a tail of smog goes rocketing through the empty air and into the distance.

Then?

She takes a deeeeeepth breath and blows it out slowly. And as she blows it out slowly the flames gradually die down.

"Yeah, I guess,"
she finally says. It doesn't sound like she's terribly enthusiastic about the pep talk. And she still shape-shifts herself back to her preferred proportions, too. Maybe it's just her adamant, stubborn personality. She isn't the sort of person to give up. Maybe...

Maybe what she needs to do is treat this like a magical puzzle to solve instead of getting frustrated at it?

There's gotta be a solution, right? This is all magic stuff and magic is a tool to be wielded.

Ugh.

"Sorry, we're not here to listen to me complain. We've got better things to do!" Bella says, trying to distract herself from succubus woes. Just 'cuz she puts one foot up on a handy boulder, spreads her wings, and makes a striking pose.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Blistering Mountains
"You'll figure something out," Mary says, with no real idea what. She really doesn't understand Bella's perspective all that much.
"Yeah, let's go flying."
Mary looks around. Since the carriage could get here, the ground is pretty level. "How's your shapeshifting practice going? I think we might want to change to be better at climbing. We need to find a cliff overlooking a lava flow." That would be the easiest place to start.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Blistering Mountains]

"Yeah..." Bella mutters.

Part of it is the fact that she doesn't like feeling as though she's not in control of her abilities. She doesn't want to be getting yanked around by strings pulling her this way and that. More traits that she inherited from Khannie. Maybe this is just one of those problems where if she stops dwelling on it she'll get the solution in a flash of insight? That's often times how things go in math AND magic.

Anyway!

Time to hike!

"I've been doing pretty good? I think I've gotta pretty solid idea," Bella says as she begins reshaping herself into-!

Pfft.

Haha.

Seriously?

Okay, imagine an infernal version of Midnight Glister, complete with Bella's spade-shaped tail tip and her pair of backwards curving horns instead of a single unicorn horn. She definitely has more of a creepy goat look compared to Glister's mystical deer. And, most important, she has Glister's broad hooves. She immediately begins climbing a nearly vertical cliff face like a goat would, completely disregarding the laws of gravity.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Blistering Mountains
Mary looks at Bella's infernal goat form. She holds back a laugh. That looks kinda silly. "I was thinking of something else," she says. She stretches, then channels magic and transforms. Her hands and feet widen, her fingers and toes lengthen and gain oddly textured pads. She steps onto the rock face next to Bella and presses a hand to it, then steps up with her other foot and just hangs there.
She holds out her other hand for her goatish sister to examine. "See? They're like a gecko's."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Blistering Mountains]

"There's nothing wrong with goats!" Bella bleats. "Goats are cool."

That's...

Definitely an opinion.

Of a sort.

But then other solutions! Mary gets a very goaty smile. "Oh, cool, that's like Phelsie's toes." The faewild dragon is definitely at least SOMEWHAT gecko-y. Though Mary hasn't ever seen her do a backflip off a wall and catching an animal in her mouth in mid-air.

Maybe she could?

That'll remain a mystery for now. Especially because the Fox isn't along for the ride at the moment.

Anyway!

Time for some mountain climbing.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Blistering Mountains
"I guess..." Mary doesn't really want to be a hairy, smelly, mammal (her succubus form isn't hairy or smelly enough to count), she much prefers reptilian forms.
And so they climb, Mary skittering up the wall hand over hand while Bella jumps and balances. This continues for a while until they reach a suitable cliff.
Below them, stretching out into the distance, a river of lava winds its way through the hills and out onto the plains where it eventually flows into the lava lake surrounding the palace (which is just barely visible at this distance). "Okay," Mary says, "Are you ready to fly?" Bella should probably transform back into something with wings. Mary doesn't need to, since she only changed her hands and feet.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Blistering Mountains]

Bella definitely wouldn't take kindly to being called hairy or smelly, even as an infernal... two horned unicorn? Honestly she's just a weird goat or antelope or something. Midnight Glister, by contrast, would laugh it off. Bella is definitely more sensitive to attacks on her appearance than the unicorn is. Probably comes from being a succubus.

But yeah!

Up to the top!

Bella changes back into her default succubus form (which ends up bustier than what she was going for by about one cup size, to which she groans and pretends to ignore for now) and spreads her wings wide.

"Yeah! Let's do it!"

It will definitely go great with zero complications or problems.