NEW: Summer party and adoption event!

For free floating plots that wish to be separated from specific locales.
WarKitty
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

NEW: Summer party and adoption event!

Post by WarKitty »

Somehow, overnight, posters go up all over the nexus advertising a brand new event.
SUMMER FUN
WE HAVE TREATS
WE HAVE GAMES
WE HAVE PETS
COME HAVE FUN AND MEET A NEW FRIEND

TOUCH HERE TO BEGIN
At the bottom of each poster is a large swirling spot. Anyone touching the spot will be immediately transported to an island full of waterfalls and tents everywhere. Many of the tents have the standard carnival games and food available, or as standard as that can be for the nexus's many different occupants. Many more have animals up for adoption, ranging from cats, dogs, rats, snakes, foxes, and other standard creature in every conceivable morphology, to exotic offerings like ash demons, pseudodragons, or amorphous blobs of raw magical essence. There are even booths with tour guides offering to match you with your new friend, or simply let you spend a few hours relaxing with the pets between the rides and the snacks.

So hop on in, have fun, check out the animals, ride the balloon ride, tube down the waterfalls, eat cotton candy and candied eyeballs, and explore!
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: NEW: Summer party and adoption event!

Post by bc56 »

"What's all this about?"
"You'll see..."

Three people, one large, one small, and one very small, appear on the islands.
The larger one has batlike wings, six horns, and a long barbed tail. The smaller one has just one pair of horns and her tail is shorter and its spade tip has no barb.
The smallest one is held in a sling on the largest one's chest, and clearly has a pair of very short nubby horns.
They look like a mother and her children, one tweenage and one infant, because that's exactly what they are.

"Oh wow! It's a carnival!" Mary runs ahead of her adoptive mother and brother. There's rides and games and look at all the animals!"
Sekhmet smiles. She felt bad about Mary not being allowed to come to the party she hosted last month (it was a much more adults-only event). This is a good way to make it up to her. "I've never been to a real live carnival before!"
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

Another group of guests has arrived. Perhaps surprisingly, it's commander Wenomir of Vigil, along with his girlfriend (and sometimes boyfriend) Cassandra and his student Koshal. Unlike many, who have come only to play with animals and generally have fun, Wenomir might very well be looking to adopt a pet. But he has some requirements.

"Well, here we are. Now to find an animal that can keep up with me on long runs."
AshenAmbrosia
Pronouns: she/her

Post by AshenAmbrosia »

Today, Wenomir happens to have neither, as he has an enemy Cass is presenting more androgynously, dressed in a pale jeogori and dark jeans. Accompanying them is their younger brother, Lucien, who seems to be almost vibrating at the sight of all the animals present, head practically spinning as he looks from one cute and exotic critter to the next.

"Oh, is that all?" Cass deadpans. "This should be easy then."
WarKitty

Post by WarKitty »

bc56 wrote: Aug 03, 2022 5:02 am "What's all this about?"
"You'll see..."

Three people, one large, one small, and one very small, appear on the islands.
The larger one has batlike wings, six horns, and a long barbed tail. The smaller one has just one pair of horns and her tail is shorter and its spade tip has no barb.
The smallest one is held in a sling on the largest one's chest, and clearly has a pair of very short nubby horns.
They look like a mother and her children, one tweenage and one infant, because that's exactly what they are.

"Oh wow! It's a carnival!" Mary runs ahead of her adoptive mother and brother. There's rides and games and look at all the animals!"
Sekhmet smiles. She felt bad about Mary not being allowed to come to the party she hosted last month (it was a much more adults-only event). This is a good way to make it up to her. "I've never been to a real live carnival before!"
The very first sight that greets the party is a tall man sporting a coat of black feathers, large round owl eyes, and wings folded around himself to match. He's beside a cart offering a variety of treats for sale, but the most noticeable is a giant machine spinning out balls of cotton candy in midnight purples and blues. The man is deftly catching the massive balls of sugar on sticks as they come out and dipping them in silver star glitter before setting them out for sale. Truly a sight to tempt the young!
bc56

Post by bc56 »

WarKitty wrote: Aug 04, 2022 4:34 am The very first sight that greets the party is a tall man sporting a coat of black feathers, large round owl eyes, and wings folded around himself to match. He's beside a cart offering a variety of treats for sale, but the most noticeable is a giant machine spinning out balls of cotton candy in midnight purples and blues. The man is deftly catching the massive balls of sugar on sticks as they come out and dipping them in silver star glitter before setting them out for sale. Truly a sight to tempt the young!
"Ooh! Ooh! May I..?"
"Here you go." Sekhmet presses a small coin purse into her daughter's hand. "Sir? I'd like one of those." She points to a purple glob of cotton candy and holds out a few coins.
Assuming she can buy it without incident, she runs along towards the next attraction with Sekhmet following at a leisurely pace behind her. "Don't go too far now!"
WarKitty

Post by WarKitty »

bc56 wrote: Aug 04, 2022 6:48 am "Ooh! Ooh! May I..?"
"Here you go." Sekhmet presses a small coin purse into her daughter's hand. "Sir? I'd like one of those." She points to a purple glob of cotton candy and holds out a few coins.
Assuming she can buy it without incident, she runs along towards the next attraction with Sekhmet following at a leisurely pace behind her. "Don't go too far now!"
The candy is indeed sold without incident, as the vendor accepts the coins and leans down to hand Mary her treat. "Here you go, little miss! the owl-man smiles as he hands the brightly colored candy over.

This particular section of the carnival seems to be rather flyer themed, actually. Many of the birds are ordinary - hawks, falcons, and eagles on hunting jesses, songbirds in elaborate cages, tanks of bright shimmering butterflies. There's even an artificial cave off to one side that contains bats. But mixed in are a number of more exotic creatures. A sort of small fairy-looking creature flies up and starts circling Sekhmet's head curiously, making little cheeping noises as it does so. Up close, Sekhmet can see that it's not actually humanoid but some sort of enchanted insect, despite the humanish shape. Oversized wings of transluscent blue and green green keep it aloft.

In the distance the group can see some attractions, including a hot air balloon and a flying course.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

WarKitty wrote: Aug 04, 2022 8:21 pm The candy is indeed sold without incident, as the vendor accepts the coins and leans down to hand Mary her treat. "Here you go, little miss! the owl-man smiles as he hands the brightly colored candy over.

This particular section of the carnival seems to be rather flyer themed, actually. Many of the birds are ordinary - hawks, falcons, and eagles on hunting jesses, songbirds in elaborate cages, tanks of bright shimmering butterflies. There's even an artificial cave off to one side that contains bats. But mixed in are a number of more exotic creatures. A sort of small fairy-looking creature flies up and starts circling Sekhmet's head curiously, making little cheeping noises as it does so. Up close, Sekhmet can see that it's not actually humanoid but some sort of enchanted insect, despite the humanish shape. Oversized wings of transluscent blue and green green keep it aloft.

In the distance the group can see some attractions, including a hot air balloon and a flying course.
Sekhmet smiles as her baby attempts to grab at the little bug flying around them. Mary is looking at one of the parrots. "You're a pretty bird." Her cotton candy is maybe a bit too close to the cage...
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Morty wrote: Aug 03, 2022 9:15 pm Another group of guests has arrived. Perhaps surprisingly, it's commander Wenomir of Vigil, along with his girlfriend (and sometimes boyfriend) Cassandra and his student Koshal. Unlike many, who have come only to play with animals and generally have fun, Wenomir might very well be looking to adopt a pet. But he has some requirements.

"Well, here we are. Now to find an animal that can keep up with me on long runs."
Koshal casually follows behind the others despite being the tallest. He's always been around Wenomir's height but he's started to shoot past him. For perhaps the first time, he has Faye on a leash. They both agreed that they couldn't quite trust her instincts around so many chase-able animals. Still, it's clearly mostly a formality as the minotaur has no issue keeping the shadow blink dog close.
"Lots of animals have endurance. You just need something that works for you. Like a good sprinting dog. Or something that flies! Have you seen pocket griffins? Sky-eels? Actually Flying Fish?" Koshal grins in the way he does when he's clearly beaming but doesn't want to freak people out with his teeth. He likes talking about animals.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[A Pet for the Commander]

"A flying pet... I do live in a skybase. A pocket griffin might be odd, though. Since one of my subordinates is a hippogriff. But let's keep our options open." Wenomir looks away from Koshal and down at Lucien with a smile. "I'm sure Lucien wants to see as many animals as possible anyway."
WarKitty

Post by WarKitty »

Sekhmet and Company

The parrot reaches a beak through the cage bars and snatches a big bite of the cotton candy! The bird squawks out a Thank you! after dropping the treat inside its cage. It has shimmery bright blue wings, almost metallic. Meanwhile, the little fairy bug evades the baby's grasp and boops Sekhmet's nose.

A Pet for the Commander

Did I hear someone was looking for flying creatures? Perhaps I could interest you in some of my serpents. The man who speaks up is covered in far too many layers of cloth of all different colors, and surrounded by winged and feathered snakes of all sorts of colors, flying and slithering around him. He takes up a silver-grey one. This is Zoe. She's a bit older, but quite well-trained and quite strong. Zoe, for her part, regards the party solemnly, ruffling almost white wings at them. She looks big enough to eat a small humanoid.
AshenAmbrosia

Post by AshenAmbrosia »

"Maybe a pegasus? You could let your hidden horse girl out," says Cass, smirking.

Lucien just nods avidly, seeming incredibly pleased that Wenomir has identified his motives so readily.

As their attention is drawn to the feathered and winged snakes, Lucien looks at them in wide eyed fascination and awe - mirrored by the more measured, but still obvious interest of his older sibling.
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Gold »

A tall red robot in 'stylish' clothing shows up on the island. TALBot is here to do one thing only. Well... he notes the carnival atmosphere around him. Maybe one or two things, depending on if he feels lucky. Still, though:

"I've got one shot, one opportunity, to seize one of the things I've ever wanted in one moment. Am I going to capture it, or am I going to let it slip? There's only one real answer to that question."

First things first, TALBot is going to flag down the nearest available person and ask them "Hey, do you know where I could find some birds? Specifically, a parrot or parakeet. It's... for a friend." That's a lie - TALBot has no friends.
TASBot TALBot Solenoid Changer
"You monster!" -Gold Elemental - The Order of the Stick
Beans
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Beans »

[Queenie is a Strong Independent Young Lady (Because Vraal Said So)]

Two young ladies arrive. One has horns, a second pair of arms, a stinger-tipped tail, and hooves; the other towers at nearly 7 feet in height, and her face is marked by the angry red scars of a striking Glasgow grin. The taller one, fangs gleaming, is shyly holding one of the horned girl's hands.

"Vraal, maybe we should come back with my mother," the tall dark-haired girl murmurs softly, her voice as small as she is unsmall.

The half-daemon makes a rather insect-like buzz, stepping forward and leading the taller girl on. "Nonsense, Queenie, you needn't hold your mother's hand for every little thing. Come now, dear, let's find you a pet." With clip-clopping steps, she leads her timid towering friend about.
Last edited by Beans on Aug 08, 2022 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

Felandria is here looking to adopt another fluffy friend, and Reginald has accompanied her, to make sure they are compatible and will be frens.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Pet for the Commander

"Ooooh, they're like little couatls!" Koshal says giggling. He's seen a lot of awfully strange creatures at the Fort so flying snakes are firmly in the "cute and not at all weird" category for him.
Most animals are in some variant of the Cute category.
He still wouldn't want to go around with a flying mount though. Even though his theoretically can fly...
Beans

Post by Beans »

By this point, the pair have acquired slushies, as is right and just.
"They've got foxes."

"We're kind of awash in foxes and fox stuff already." Queenie sips her slushie. "And even though the cats are all very cute... I mean, it'd feel a little weird next to Peri, and Dr. Pesty. I'd feel kind of... off, having a catgirl friend and also just a normal cat as a pet."

Vraal sniffs. "Won't argue with you there. Anything catching your eye, dear?"
Queenie looks at a display of turtles, thinking.
Morty

Post by Morty »

"Flying serpents? Interesting." Wenomir looks around at the variety of snakes on display. "I don't think I need a pet I can ride on. I'd need to learn how anyway. Just one that can keep up with me. Do these snakes like to fly around a lot?" He pauses. "Also, is it safe to touch one?"
bc56

Post by bc56 »

WarKitty wrote: Aug 07, 2022 7:21 am Sekhmet and Company

The parrot reaches a beak through the cage bars and snatches a big bite of the cotton candy! The bird squawks out a Thank you! after dropping the treat inside its cage. It has shimmery bright blue wings, almost metallic. Meanwhile, the little fairy bug evades the baby's grasp and boops Sekhmet's nose.
"Hey!" "Hey!" both mother and daughter exclaim. "That was mean, thief!" Mary points accusingly at the bird. "C'mon Mum, let's go look at the kitties over there!" She runs off again, with Sekhmet following at a more reasonable pace, just fast enough to keep her eyes on the excitable girl.
AshenAmbrosia

Post by AshenAmbrosia »

"No need to ride it, just go on a jog with it, with your fingers twined in its mane, hair loose and streaming in the breeze..."

Okay Cass, I think you've officially invested too much into this fantasy.

"It's scaly AND fluffy!" Says Lucian, clearly overawed by an animal that can somehow be both things at once.
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Gold »

TALBot continues for the carnival and finds the bird area for himself. He takes notice of the cotton candy in the cage, deducing that it means a lot of people are coming this way.

Perfect.

TALBot gets as close to the cage as he can, practically pressing his face/screen up to it, and stares down one of the parrots until it comes closer. When it does, he will start saying "Hey, parrot. Yeah, you. You can learn and repeat words, right? I need you to repeat the word 'shit'. I repeat, repeat the word 'shit'. If you can say it, and say it to everyone who passes by from now on, I'll buy you more cotton candy. So, what do you say?"
TASBot TALBot Solenoid Changer
"You monster!" -Gold Elemental - The Order of the Stick
Beans

Post by Beans »

The girls have secured a rather pleasant-looking box turtle, and they know where to get the proper tank for the little fellow. From inside his little carrying case, he peers about in an unconcerned way.
"Mallside next, I think?" Queenie peers in at her new pet, her scar-slashed face lit up with quiet excitement.
"Yes---any thoughts on what you'll call him?"
Queenie thinks. "Hmm, I'll have to work on that..."
WarKitty

Post by WarKitty »

The flying snake preens slightly, apparently intelligent enough to understand being admired. However, Cass's reverie is interrupted by a large feline head being shoved into her hip. It's a...leopard? And apparently it wants to be petted.

[Sekhmet and Company]

Mary finds the kitties. For some reason this one has nine tails? Well hello there little miss!

[Talbot]

TALbot gets a quite clear response squawked at him. Fuck off! The parrot then goes back to munching on its cotton candy.

[A Friend for Reginald]

Felandria's eyes might be drawn to a large, gaudy, but dimly lit tent. The sign out front states, in bold red hand painted letters, FAMILY FRIEND MATCHMAKING SERVICES.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Someone else arrives, an eighteen-year-old girl with straight black hair brushing her shoulders and bright green eyes. She's wearing a black sleeveless top and a pair of loose khaki knee-length shorts, with a battered and repaired red rucksack slung over her back. She's quick to step away from the arrival spot, since she's aware of what might happen if she didn't, and looks around with wide eyes and lots of interest.

Natalie's looking for a familiar, and doesn't have much idea of what she actually wants in one.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Pet for the Commander

Koshal notes the leopard and grins at Wenomir.
"Well, if you need something that can run a big cat can certainly do that."
Faye shoots him a look at using the C word but Koshal brushes it off. Faye can behave around cats. She always has before.
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

WarKitty wrote: Aug 14, 2022 7:16 am [A Friend for Reginald]

Felandria's eyes might be drawn to a large, gaudy, but dimly lit tent. The sign out front states, in bold red hand painted letters, FAMILY FRIEND MATCHMAKING SERVICES.
Felandria sees the tent and points it out to Reginald.

Whatcha say, buddy?

You wanna check that out?

Reginald, who is perched on her shoulder, nods, then gives Fel a tiny lick on the cheek and some nuzzles.

Heehee, okay, I love you, Reginald, let’s go.

Fel and Reginald head into the tent.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

WarKitty wrote: Aug 14, 2022 7:16 am [Sekhmet and Company]

Mary finds the kitties. For some reason this one has nine tails? Well hello there little miss!
"You're a talking kitty!?" Mary exclaims. "You have so many tails! Can I pet you?" Sekhmet smiles, but the expression seems a little strained. She isn't exactly comfortable with the idea of people being pets, and anything that can talk like a person is a person in her book. But she can tamp it down for the sake of her daughter's fun.
Morty

Post by Morty »

"Well, if I can't be your knight on a mighty steed, a knight with a mighty steed-" Wenomir's teasing response to Cass is interrupted by the appearance of a cat. "Well, then. That is quite the candidate. What do you think, Lucien. A feathered snake or a very large cat?"
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

Felandria wrote: Aug 15, 2022 3:37 am Felandria sees the tent and points it out to Reginald.

Whatcha say, buddy?

You wanna check that out?

Reginald, who is perched on her shoulder, nods, then gives Fel a tiny lick on the cheek and some nuzzles.

Heehee, okay, I love you, Reginald, let’s go.

Fel and Reginald head into the tent.
Another visitor to the summer event, Honeysuckle, notices a pretty distinctive pair of guests and runs up after them.
"Hey, Felandria, Fel! Gettin' some kinda new weirder pet?"
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

Recaiden wrote: Aug 16, 2022 5:18 am Another visitor to the summer event, Honeysuckle, notices a pretty distinctive pair of guests and runs up after them.
"Hey, Felandria, Fel! Gettin' some kinda new weirder pet?"
Oh, hey, Honeysuckle, how goes things?

I’m not looking for weird, specifically, but I’m not neccesarily excluding weird.

Mainly looking for frens for Reginald, who is not weird at all.

Reginald is not sure if Honeysuckle is calling him weird or not, but still seems slightly hurt by the insinuation and will curl up in Fel’s hair and mope a bit.