NEW: Summer party and adoption event!

For free floating plots that wish to be separated from specific locales.
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Re: NEW: Summer party and adoption event!

Post by Recaiden »

Felandria wrote: Aug 16, 2022 6:50 am Oh, hey, Honeysuckle, how goes things?

I’m not looking for weird, specifically, but I’m not neccesarily excluding weird.

Mainly looking for frens for Reginald, who is not weird at all.

Reginald is not sure if Honeysuckle is calling him weird or not, but still seems slightly hurt by the insinuation and will curl up in Fel’s hair and mope a bit.
"Pretty great." They just finished an adventure.

"Check this-" In just an instant, Honeysuckle is replaced with an ordinary black fox (well, except with two extra tails), which scampers around somewhat clumsily.

She was calling Reginald weird though. For one thing, he can understand insinuations! For another, being that fluffy can't be natural, can it?

"He's been lonely?"
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Felandria
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Felandria »

That’s really cool!

Felandria will reach up and give Reginald some scritchies.

Not lonely, exactly, but it’s always nice for him to have another fluffy fren or two to hang around with, ya know?

One can never have too many friends.

Reginald will peek out from Fel’s hair and give Honeysuckle the big eyes.
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

Felandria wrote: Aug 17, 2022 3:04 am That’s really cool!

Felandria will reach up and give Reginald some scritchies.

Not lonely, exactly, but it’s always nice for him to have another fluffy fren or two to hang around with, ya know?

One can never have too many friends.

Reginald will peek out from Fel’s hair and give Honeysuckle the big eyes.
Honeysuckle looks way up at Reginald's sweet little face for a moment before going back to normal.
"Thought 'ey were solitary animals."
"But yeah, more friends better."
"Now what all do ' have in here?"
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
AshenAmbrosia
Pronouns: she/her

Post by AshenAmbrosia »

[A Pet for the Commander]

"Oh, you're a pretty kitty," says Cass, immediately moving to indulge the leopard with pets and ear scritches.

Lucien seems to be completely enamored with it as well, tentatively reaching out to stroke it gingerly, giving Cass a pleased smile.
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Gold »

"Damn. Either somebody's beat me to the punch, or I just got owned by a parrot." TALBot says as he readjusts his cap. "Nowhere to go from there but up, I guess."

TALBot moves away from the birdcage and looks around himself. "So, what now? Maybe there's an animal that could give me a tactical advantage on the field. But organic animals are frail and easily shot down. I vowed not to kill children or defenseless animals ever again, but my enemies may not share the same code. Hmm... I need to scope out something more resilient and less... fleshy."

TALBot is looking around for a carnival ride that will take him high into the air. That will be an excellent vantage point from which he can conduct a search for any robotic or otherwise armoured animals to adopt.
TASBot TALBot Solenoid Changer
"You monster!" -Gold Elemental - The Order of the Stick
WarKitty

Post by WarKitty »

The leopard gives off a huff and a low friendly growl. It seems unattended, but there's a collar with a nametag on it. The tag reads "Empress" but doesn't have any other information on it, other than a stamp of a bell symbol on the back.

[Sekhmet and Company]

You may pet me. But mind the tails please. The nine tailed cat settles back on his haunches and licks a paw. I don't suppose you have any cheese? Preferably not that awful fake cheddar sauce they serve around here.

[Talbot]

TALbot will easily spot a dirgible, run by a woman in an extremely shiny steampunk outfit. The sign says "2 coins a ride. Not responsible for lost property or lost limbs."

[A Friend for Reginald]

If anyone looks inside the tent, they're immediately greeted by a very cheerful fox lady in a bright pink dress. Hello hello! I take it you're looking for a new addition to your household? I normally start with a paw reading, if that's ok.

Natalie's Familiar

Natalie is assailed by the sights and sounds and smells of the carnival. The nearest shop to her appears to be featuring various magical lizards and amphibians - everything from poison toads to salamanders. There's no attendant, but there is a large, ornate bell, guarded by a komodo dragon.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Mary and Company
(Let's be honest, Mary is running the show here)

"How can you talk?" Mary pets the kitty gently, minding the tails. "Can all the animals here talk?" Sekhmet adds, curious. "Can we take one home with us!?" Mary asks. Sekhmet looks surprised.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

A Pet for the Commander

"Well, you already missed the chance to be the knight who is a mighty steed." Koshal jokes.
Of course, Wenomir is likely familiar with Lady Danir, the tiger-centaur knight that Koshal serves. She was, briefly, a zebra-centaur.
"She seems sweet." Koshal smiles, eyeing the cat.
Morty
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

"She is a majestic animal," Wenomir admits. "Hopefully she'd get along with Faye and Darika". A dog and a smaller cat. "We can come back here later and find her if I haven't found a pet I'd prefer."
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

WarKitty wrote: Aug 25, 2022 8:57 am
[A Friend for Reginald]

If anyone looks inside the tent, they're immediately greeted by a very cheerful fox lady in a bright pink dress. Hello hello! I take it you're looking for a new addition to your household? I normally start with a paw reading, if that's ok.
Reginald will crawl down Fel’s arm and greet the fox girl, holding out a paw for her to look at.
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

[A Friend for Reginald]

"Well, Reginald sure in a hurry."
Can you really learn anything from a paw? They don't have lines like palms, do they? Is this cheerful lady just putting on a show?
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Natalie's Familiar

Ooh, reptiles. Natalie's got no issues with lizards or snakes, and she'll head over to have a look at them. She can't see anyone to talk to, unless the lizards speak at least, and the bell. Eying the komodo dragon cautiously, Natalie's going to reach towards the bell to ring it- though if the large lizard makes any move that seems hostile or at least unhappy, Natalie will withdraw her hand without touching the bell.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Gold
Old Fart Poster

Post by Gold »

"Here we go." TALBot pulls a wallet from his pocket, and pulls out 2 silver coins with shiny pink edges from his wallet. He then goes over to the woman running the dirigible and presents the coins."One ride."

TALBot looks the woman's outfit up and down. Seems kind of familiar. Steampunks, of course, are just as real to the robots where TALBot is from as medieval knights are to you or I. That is, they were ubiquitous centuries ago, but it's kind of weird to see one outside of a museum or cartoon in the modern day.
WarKitty

Post by WarKitty »

Mary and Company

Some animals can talk. Most can't. It gets a bit boring that way, really. The strange feline purrs softly. And yes, some of us will agree to come home with you, if it's suitable.

TALBot

The woman chirps a thank-you noise and opens the gate to the balloon. It appears to be on some sort of remote control tether. The minute TALbot steps in, the gate closes and the balloon starts to rise.

A Friend for Reginald

The fox girl looks over Reginald's paw carefully, making some sketches on a pad nearby and consulting from a book. Then she flips through what appears to be an address book. Ah yes, I would recommend the purple booth at location 34A. Ask for Skitty. She hands you a labelled map as she does so. Please be quiet when you approach it.

There is, in fact, a large purple tent at the marked location, with a flap labelled "Please enter here".

Natalie's Familiar

The komodo dragon flicks its tongue lazily but does not otherwise react to her presence. As she rings the bell, a man with a cobra hood comes out to greet her. Hello hello. You are looking for a new friend, yes? Please, come in, tell me what you need.
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

WarKitty wrote: Sep 06, 2022 5:42 am
A Friend for Reginald

The fox girl looks over Reginald's paw carefully, making some sketches on a pad nearby and consulting from a book. Then she flips through what appears to be an address book. Ah yes, I would recommend the purple booth at location 34A. Ask for Skitty. She hands you a labelled map as she does so. Please be quiet when you approach it.

There is, in fact, a large purple tent at the marked location, with a flap labelled "Please enter here".
Fel and Reginald both nod, Fel accepts the map, and Reginald waves with his little paw as they make their way to the purple tent and enter.

Come on, Reginald, the adventure continues.
Gold
Old Fart Poster

Post by Gold »

While TALBot is in the balloon, he's going to be looking out of the window and searching for any sign of robotic, mechanical, or even cybernetic pets.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Mary and Company
Mary's eyes light up when she's told she can bring a pet home. "May I? Please?" Sekhmet looks less thrilled. "I'll take care of it myself, you won't have to do anything!" The demon queen looks torn. On one hand, she doesn't want another pet in the house. On the other, she doesn't want to turn her adopted daughter down. "Okay. But, uh, not a talking one. It's not right to keep a person as a pet. And, uh, nothing too big either."
Mary grins. "How about this one?" She points out a calico kitten sleeping on a cushion nearby.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Natalie's Familiar

"Uh, yes! I'm looking to get a familiar, which ideally would be able to fly and not interested in eating a small bird." Since Natalie turns into a small bird to get around, a familiar that doesn't want to eat her would be preferable to one that wouldn't. "Do you think you have anything suitable?"

WarKitty

Post by WarKitty »

A Pet for the Commander

There are so many options for the group to see! But eventually their attention will be drawn to a stall set up against the rising rocks. On one of the lower rocks next to the stall, there's a nest with a trio of small and very fluffy raptors, peeping loudly at the party from amid bits of broken eggshell. There doesn't seem to be anyone else visible there for right now, but there's a sign on the booth that said "Be Back Soon."
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

Felandria wrote: Sep 06, 2022 6:24 am Fel and Reginald both nod, Fel accepts the map, and Reginald waves with his little paw as they make their way to the purple tent and enter.

Come on, Reginald, the adventure continues.
"Reginald like cats?" asks the other fox-lady, tagging along.
That's a cat's name they were referred to, right?
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Morty

Post by Morty »

Something about these small creatures draws Wenomir's attention.

"And what's that? Flightless birds? Did they hatch just now? Hopefully someone comes back soon so we can ask."
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

Recaiden wrote: Sep 09, 2022 1:50 am "Reginald like cats?" asks the other fox-lady, tagging along.
That's a cat's name they were referred to, right?
Fel and Reginald both nod.

Well, Reginald gets along with pretty much anybody.

He’s much too cute for anything to wanna hurt him.

I will make sure that whoever comes home with us doesn’t get into your room whith out permission.
WarKitty

Post by WarKitty »

A Friend for Reginald

Please, do come in. I was told you are here to meet Skitty? Skitty is, it seems, not actually a cat. Instead, a man in a matching purple plush robe comes out cradling a possum in his arms. Skitty extends her nose for a sniff, the velvet bow on her head flopping slightly.

Mary and Company

The calico kitten yawns and stretches, then mews loudly.

Natalie's Familiar

The snake man thinks for a moment. Perhaps a wyvern would interest you, young lady? But they are not cheap pets.

TALbot

Talbot's eyes might be drawn to a curious contraption; what appears to be some sort of small manufacturing station, complete with a portable steam generator.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Natalie's Familiar

"Yes, I'll have a look. I won't promise anything, though." Natalie could probably afford it, too, though maybe not long-term. She's got a lot of money her father saved away, and at the moment she's still living at GLoG though she's making sure she's paying rent and educated herself enough to know what's a decent rent and pay a bit more because GLoG's a charity and one that's looked after her since she was eleven or so.

bc56

Post by bc56 »

Mary and Company
"Aww, isn't she just the cutest thing?" Mary scoops up the little kitten into her hands. "Remember, you have to be responsible for her," Sekhmet sternly reminds. "I will! Oh, she needs a name. We can keep her, right?" The last question is directed at the nine-tailed cat.
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

WarKitty wrote: Sep 13, 2022 7:12 am A Friend for Reginald

Please, do come in. I was told you are here to meet Skitty? Skitty is, it seems, not actually a cat. Instead, a man in a matching purple plush robe comes out cradling a possum in his arms. Skitty extends her nose for a sniff, the velvet bow on her head flopping slightly.
Felandria holds out a hand for the smol possum bab to sniff, and Reginald will make his way down Fel’s arm to greet Skitty as well.
Gold
Old Fart Poster

Post by Gold »

TALBot's cameras do indeed pick up the manufacturing station. "What's that? Looks a little old-fashioned, but then looks can be decieving."

Once the dirigible lands, he'll thank the lady running it (as you do), then make his way over to the manufacturing station to see what it's all about.
AshenAmbrosia
Pronouns: she/her

Post by AshenAmbrosia »

Cass looks at the fluffy raptor chicks with interest, gently pulling back Lucien when he leans closer to investigate. It wouldn't do to handle these without their minder around.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Pet for the Commander

Koshal has absolutely no trouble leaning in but he's also a near-literal animal whisperer.
"Aw, hello babies! Are those eggs yours or were they lunch?" he asks them. It is entirely probable that he will understand whatever answer they give. He's never quite understood how this particular skill of his works.
WarKitty

Post by WarKitty »

A Pet for the Commander

Some of the raptor's coo back, opening their mouths like young birds do. Even if Koshal can't understand the reply, the presence of little egg teeth on the beaks answers the question. One of the raptors, a pale fellow with a very light green shimmer on his feathers, clumsily hops up on the edge of the nest and peers out at the group.

Right about then a woman riding a much larger raptor in deep navy blue swoops down. I see you've spotted my darling's babies.