MERC

Herein lies the various threads in which our characters live out their lives
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Re: MERC

Post by Arkhosia »

[News???]

"I- yes, um-" Leis looks around briefly, trying to gauge how likely it might be that they'd be overheard. "Do you think we could talk somewhere private?"
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[News???]

"Oh sure, uh..." Valerie looks back at the filing cabinet, and then slots what she's holding into the front of the open drawer and slides it closed. "I'll fix that later. Let's go."

She leads the way out and down a hall. "Uh, okay how about this?" She turns a key and opens the door to a storage room. It's full of shelves with a variety of office supplies and other items, but there's enough room to stand between them.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[News???]

"Sure - yeah, I think this will work." The tiefling nods, and there's a flicker of amusement in her eyes when she recognizes the interior. She's been here before. It doesn't last long as she steps in and turns back toward Valerie, though. There's an anxious moment as she fiddles with the hem of her shirt, tail snaking around her own ankle in search of a place to hide. "I- Val, I'm - I'm not sure how, but - I'm pregnant."
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Just Plain Uncomfortable Encounters of the Goblin Kind]

Dipsnig's ears twitch a few times.

"Very well. You were involved in this directly so I'll trust your judgement."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[News???]

Valerie blinks at first, but then she exclaims, "Oh my god! Really?!" But she processes more of what Leis said. "Wait, you don't- Leis, what have you been getting up to?" She puts the tips of her fingers over her lips and gives Leis a sly look.
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

Morty wrote: Apr 17, 2023 6:11 pm [Just Plain Uncomfortable Encounters of the Goblin Kind]

Dipsnig's ears twitch a few times.

"Very well. You were involved in this directly so I'll trust your judgement."

"Thank you, sir. I'll try to help him find Siana then." Jaahlyn will nod and make bid the goblin good bye before leaving the office to talk to Arne again.

"Good news and bad news-" The satyr starts when a strange sound can suddenly be heard.
It seems to be coming from one of her coats pockets. "-hold on." She reaches down into it and takes out a strange handheld device which seems to be the source of the sound.
It's a cellphone of Arne is at all familiar with them. "Oh, I have to take this. One moment."

She steps away while starting to exchange words with whoever is on the other end.
After a few minutes she returns though. "So... uh, sorry for that. The bad news is that you're not getting a job here. But the good news are that I just found out where Siana is. Or was at least."
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

"So quickly?" Arne rumbles, a note of cautious optimism in his voice. Where had Jaahlyn gotten that information, he can't help but wonder. Presumably, it had something to do with that little box she had on her; he's seen other people in the Nexus use them before and inferred that they were somehow used for communication, but that told him little about who was talking to her and what they were saying.

"If what you say is true, let us be off." He says, pulling himself up to his full height and already walking toward the door.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Dena's Office]

There's a polite knock on the door, and a light voice. "Is this a good time? Can I come in?" Reina would hate to interrupt Dena while she's with a client. Or not a client... Reina's heard a lot of rumors about the number of employee on employee visits during lunch breaks. And her sensitive ears may have picked up a giggle or two of parting lovers. Nothing really prepares her for the visions though. Well... Zhareen's lessons prepare her for the visions the oracle experiences, but she wasn't prepared for the content in them!

If she's allowed in, Dena will find Reina with long flowing blue hair that easily goes down to the back of her knees. Thigh highs leave a solid clothingless gap before the mini-skirt kicks in. Reina's sleeves cover more than that skirt does, and even they have a gap that shows off her shoulders, somehow maintaining a connection to the crop top that shows off a smidgeon of underboob and bares her midriff for all to see. Most of the clothes are white with blue trim or frills. It's a fancy outfit when it all comes together, but definitely one best suited for somebody ready to go to the beach. Reina's already tried throwing a jacket over top just to cover something up and get warmer, but it disappeared between her room and Dena's office so the catgirl's given up hope on that front.
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Dena's Office]

Dena certainly didn't have many visitors at lunch time. In fact, she rarely even spent time in her office (or her room for that matter) during the breaks. Preferring to eat (her own food) with the other members in the common room.
The only time Dena spent with lovers was after hours and that was rarely at the office either. In fact, rumor was that Dena didn't approve of the frequency of such member on member visits yet hadn't done anything to discourage them. Supposedly just waiting on an excuse to do so.

"Hey, Reina. Come on in." Dena will open the door for the catgirl and then wander back to her desk. She's holding a small plastic container which she props down in front of her as she sits down.

"You caught me at a good time. I was just about to get lunch." Dena remarks as she opens it, revealing still steaming fresh food. She looks up to Reina as she is about to dig in. "So... that transformation mishap is still doing a number on you, huh?" It was difficult to not bring up some days. But Dena tried to avoid the topic as much as possible.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[News???]

"I- that's the thing." Leis swallows, not quite chipper enough to match Valerie's humor. "I haven't really, er - fooled around with anyone else. Just you and Astrana." A brief, awkward pause. "So I, um- I don't know how it happened."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[News???]

"...Huh." Val processes that for a second. "That's... weird. You're s-" She cuts off that question. It's not a hard thing to know. "Okay, but that's still exciting, right? I mean, you seem like a natural around my kids." She brings back the upbeat attitude.
~Images by Soushiyo
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Dena's Office]

Reina will take one of the seats in front of Dena's desk after carefully closing the door behind her. It's a bit of an awkward process, Reina not sure how to handle this much hair and inevitably sitting on some of it.

"A mishap is one and done. This is some sort of curse. Which is weird cause I didn't exactly go on any wild adventures or pick up unusual when it started. I think I must have pissed off a goddess or something. Maybe they asked who the fairest in the land was and saw me instead of them. I dunno." Reina sighs slowly. If she had any sort of clue as to what it was or why it was happening, she could at least go do something about it.

"So, how are you? What did you think about your brush with motherhood?" Reina asks.
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Dena's Office]

"I suppose my own curse is at the very least consistent." Dena observes after she had to watch Reina struggle with her hair for a bit. Her own 'hair' was longer now but it wasn't that long.
"But I'm fine all things considered. Just had what feels like a couple of tons added to my head yet somehow I stay afloat." She gestures to the snakes making a den on her hair. "Wouldn't really call it 'motherhood' though. Feels like that'd be disrespecting the people who actually raise the little... babies." Sounded like she almost was about to use a not-so nice word there. "Like yourself. Personally, I'm just glad its over. I can finally go on with my life without fearing I'll kill someone if my glasses slip."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Dena's Office]

"I thought you weren't cursed anymore as part of the deal? Well sort of I guess." Dena still has snakes, but it doesn't seem like she minds them much.

Reina frowns a little. "Really, you didn't feel any attachment to them at all?" Reina can't fathom living with a child for nine months without forming some connection. "Not even a hint of imagining how cute little Kirk and Denas could be if you wanted to actually try?" Reina's imagining them and these babies are incredibly cute.
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Dena's Office]

That question makes Dena lean back in her chair and let out a small sigh. "You know what takes as much commitment as having a child, Reina? To hand it over to someone else at birth. I never even let myself entertain the thought since I knew what kind of rabbithole that might lead me down." She waves her hand dismissively. "Besides, I had enough taking care of children in my youth and it wasn't like Kirk was interested in it either." A pause as she leans forward again. "I hope you didn't come here to discuss that though?" Dena seems a tad uncomfortable with the topic.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Dena's Office]

"... I see," Reina mulls over Dena's multiple implications for a half-second before letting the gorgon off the hook. "Sort of yes, sort of no. I wanted to make sure you didn't need any of the maternity clothes I gave you. And was... sort of wondering if I could get them back actually. If you haven't gotten rid of them already. If you have, it's fine really." Reina never indicated they were loaners, truly thinking she was just giving them away. Whatever few Dena could bring herself to accept from the catgirl any rate.
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Dena's Office]

"Oh, they should still be in my closet. I can get them right now if you want me to." Dena gestures to the catgirl. "But hey, while you're here, how do you deal with how your body keeps changing? Do your clothes actually change with you somehow or is there a special retailer that sell clothes that adjust to your body?" Since that would be pretty useful.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Gullara wrote: Apr 26, 2023 4:46 am [News???]

"...Huh." Val processes that for a second. "That's... weird. You're s-" She cuts off that question. It's not a hard thing to know. "Okay, but that's still exciting, right? I mean, you seem like a natural around my kids." She brings back the upbeat attitude.
[News???]

"I mean-" Leis hesitates. "It is - and I do want to have kids, but- well, uh, I dunno what happened and I don't even know how to approach all this. Or if I'm even, like, ready?" Especially to tackle the ordeal of being a single parent. Thank the gods that MERC paid her a good salary.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Dena's Office]

"That will be helpful, thank you," Reina says. "I'll need them."

"I mean I know of some retailers that sell those. Needle and Thread, Big and Small and Big Again, Mind the Gap." Reina rolls her hand as she lists a few off. "But no, my clothes largely change with me. Usually somewhat related to what I was already wearing anyways. This crop top used to go all the way to my belly button." Now it's just showing off a healthy amount of underboob.

"I've guess I've gotten used to the occasional shift in gravity. It's not like I change moment to moment either. Usually it's longer than that. A week or two at a time." Scene by scene really. She just doesn't get many scenes.
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Dena's Office]

"At least that's practical." Dena comments as she stands up and gets her keys out. Her office was directly connected to her private room but the door was always locked. Reina had only caught glimpses of it. "Now I'm suddenly imagining what all my helmets would have looked like if they would have changed with me. Would they just have gotten holes in them? Or would they have added chainmail headsocks?"

With that bizarre mental image envisioned she saunters over to the door and unlocks it. "Maybe just a big chainmail hood?"
She gestures for Reina to follow as she opens the door. On the inside there's actually three rooms. One fairly big living space with a big bed, a closet, couch and some tasteful rugs. But there's also a doorway leading into what seems to be a kitchen and a closed door to another room which helpfully has a plate on it reading "WORKSHOP".
"Seems like your curse is something of a perv though." Dena remarks with a grin as she let's Reina enter this private space of hers. "Why, if the boss didn't know the circumstances I bet he would have called you out on it by now." Her grin fades. "Imagine that part is tougher. Not being able to choose what you wear I mean. I'd probably bitch about it endlessly."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[News???]

"Okay, yeah, I get it. Sorry, I was trying to put a positive spin." Valerie puts a finger on her chin. "Well I'm sure Astrana and I can offer lots of advice. Maybe even some extra baby clothes. They grow out of them so fast, and we have an extra set even with three on the way."
~Images by Soushiyo
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Dena's Office]

"They would look adorable all dressed in chainmail frocks and hats. It could be done pretty easily too I imagine, though it'd have to be hand made so you're definitely looking at a small fortune in costs." Crafty people always want to get paid for their time and energy, the madmen.

Reina stands up and follows Dena into her more private personal rooms. She glances over for a moment at the Workshop sign, wondering what exactly Dena workshops. She hadn't heard of Dena being a craftsperson herself. "If it's a perv's curse, then this is probably all Tobias' fault. Everything else is." Reina says, turning her attention back to Dena. "I used to never wear clothes and then when I did wear clothes it was always the same outfit, so... it's not too big a deal to me. Heck, it's almost exciting, if it weren't so... lacking in the actual clothes department." You could do so much better curse!
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Dena's Office]

Dena grins at the idea of snake headwear. "I sometimes have them wear little caps during thankmas if I feel in the mood for it." She giggles before turning her attention back to the closet to open it. This gives Reina a glimpse of the fact that each self of it had a large letter carved into it "A", "C", "F", "L", "W" and finally a big drawer at the bottom with the letter "M".
"I could probably make something like that too if I felt like putting the effort in but I don't think it would be all that practical. Even if it probably would look cute too."

She then pulls out said drawer and takes out the clothes Reina had borrowed her. They're all as immaculately folded as everything else in here.
What Reina says causes her to raise her eyebrow as she's handing them over. "But speaking of funky clothes, you never wore any? As in, when you were a cat you mean?" Cats usually didn't wear clothes after all. "Or were you running around naked like you are now?" She smiles. "But if your clothes get messed up by the curse, what makes you think these won't?" She gestures at the folded pile of clothes that she's just handed over. "Or are they for someone else?"
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Dena's Office]

"Alright, I'll bite. What do the letters stand for?" Reina asks, catching a glimpse at those shelves. M seemed self explanatory. Maternity. The W was perhaps work? L for leisure. F for... feet? Ass, Chest, Feet? Reina glances Dena over to make sure she wasn't wearing chaps.

"Well I can't say what qualifies as practical when it comes to headwear with snake hair. Sometimes you just have to look good instead." Reina shrugs. The number of people who don't wear practical anti-zombie leather clothes still astounds Reina, but now she does too so she's pretty much doomed.

The catgirl graciously takes the clothes with a smile. "As a cat. My nudist days are still ahead of me." Reina winks, as if being a nudist was inevitable and just a matter of time. "Oh no, they're for me. They will probably get messed up by the curse too. Some of them anyways. But like I said, function seems to at least remain, so they'll likely still do what I need them to do, which is fit. Plus who knows, maybe I'll become stable for the next eight and a half months." That's how you solve shapeshifting curses, right? Get pregnant so the curse can't shapeshift two lives and is forced to give up and go home early.
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Dena's Office]

The question makes Dena pause, not having expected it. "Oh, miscellaneous-" She gestures at the drawer and then starts at the top shelf as she goes through the other letters. "Then athletic, casual, formal, lingerie and work." She waves her hand dismissively. "I'd make different categories if I carved them in today but they work well enough. Formal is more like party clothes so it probably should have been a P or something like that." Dena's party clothes weren't all that formal.

"But I decorate these guys plenty." She gestures at one of the snakes as it moves forward, nearly settling its head in her palm. "Why do you think I have them wear these bangles?" She scratches the snakes chin before moving to touch the golden collar adorning its long neck.

"They're technically nude too I guess. But snakes have their sex-organs at the end of their tails so they're technically decent. I mean, I wouldn't want to set an bad example like you and Zun do, do I? All the newbies thinking they can streak through the hallways since they saw a nude cat once." The gorgon grins back.

"But congratulations are in order then. I assume Toby is the lucky guy? Haven't heard much about him lately."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Dipsnig's Office]

Krayger will be asked to appear in Dipsnig's office. They have no scheduled meetings so it must be something new.

[New Recruit]

Olvisin emerges from the underground train station with Jerick in tow.

"Welcome back. For good this time, sort of. Now we need to find Xun and then one of the bosses. One of them is a goblin like me, the other is an elf but a small one and the third is unreasonably tall. We'll see which one we can get a hold of."
ForTheGnomes
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by ForTheGnomes »

Morty wrote: May 06, 2023 10:58 pm [Dipsnig's Office]

Krayger will be asked to appear in Dipsnig's office. They have no scheduled meetings so it must be something new.

[New Recruit]

Olvisin emerges from the underground train station with Jerick in tow.

"Welcome back. For good this time, sort of. Now we need to find Xun and then one of the bosses. One of them is a goblin like me, the other is an elf but a small one and the third is unreasonably tall. We'll see which one we can get a hold of."
Jerick continues to follow Olvisin, occasionally looking around. He would need to familiarize himself with this place. "So, where do you think Xun might be? I do remember her having a lab. Should we go there first?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Dipsnig's Office

Krayger tends to be extra formal with Dipsnig, so he takes a few minutes to properly get dressed in a work shirt (button-down of course. All his shirts are due to the horns) before heading to the goblin's office.

"You called for me, sir?" he asks after knocking.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[New Recruit]

After meeting with Xun, Olvisin and Jerick are left with a rather detailed report about his skills and expertise.

"This is certainly lengthy. Should definitely impress the bosses. Whichever one we happen to find first."

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig is seated behind his desk. As is often the case, there's a wolf next to it. This time an older one, as opposed to a cub. Looks like Rigu, one of his mounts.

"Ah, Krayger. Yes, I did. With good news. Kirk, Dena and I have agreed to give you a promotion."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Dipsnig's Office

"Oh."
"Uh.
Thank you."

Krayger says, blinking.
"Any particular reason? I haven't really been able to put my new magic to use for the company."
Actually, he isn't even sure if he's mentioned it. So he isn't sure if he's done anything in particular recently. The big fey nonsense was a while ago...