MERC

Herein lies the various threads in which our characters live out their lives
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Re: MERC

Post by Arkhosia »

Little Announcement

Leis perks up from the computer screen that she's pouring over as Valerie sits down upon her desk. Her face lights up when she sees her, and she smiles broadly. "Oh hey! Actually yeah, I was just about to close down for it." She raises an eyebrow. "Anything you had in mind?"
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[Little Announcement]

Val leans in conspiratorially and shields her mouth as she replies in a whisper. "I have a secret to tell you. Let's go somewhere quieter." She leans away again and giggles.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Little Announcement

"Oh?" The tiefling raises her brows, her curiosity piqued. A secret? Valerie wasn't much of a secret type. "I mean, there's always the good ol' tunnels," she suggests with a cheeky little look. She's not expecting Valerie intends to do any of the usual things they do there, more just intending to verbally rib her a little.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Little Announcement]

Val puts her hand over her lips in an 'oh my' gesture. "The tunnels it is then." She offers her arm for Leis to hook hers in and will lead the way! But not to the main entrance. No, such covert activities certainly necessitate the secret tunnel entrance.

Once they take the opportunity to slip inside unnoticed, Valerie turns to Leis. "I think we're in the clear."
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Little Announcement

Leis giggles, all too happy to lock arms and play at being incredibly stealthy as she keeps pace to Valerie with a skip in her step. It's all very covert and not at all conspicuous. Once they've snuck on in, she regards her friend with a smile and an inquisitive look. "So, what's up? You seem really excited, and not in the usual way," she teases a little.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Little Announcement]

"Weeeell, I want to show you something." Valerie grins from ear to ear. "You're the first to know. Well, aside from Astrana. And my parents." She wave her hand. "Anyway. I'm... having a baby!" She lifts her shirt over her belly then, and sure enough there's the beginning of a distinct bump.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Little Announcement

It takes a moment for Leis to fully process things before her face lights up with a gasp. "Holy crap! That's amazing! I dunno how you did it but you and Astrana must be so excited!" Leis reaches over and gives Valerie a great big hug, though she's careful not to put pressure against her belly. She doesn't know a ton about safety during pregnancy offhand but she imagines that's not good - something she can read up on later for sure.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Little Announcement]

Valerie hugs her friend back with a powerful squeeze. Maybe a touch too powerful, but only for a moment. "Oh we are! I've wanted this for as long as, well as long as I had the right parts." She laughs. "There was still some complications, but we figured it out and I'm so happy. I just have to take some extra precautions for the next several months to make sure everything goes smoothly."
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Little Announcement

"Ghk!" A bit of air escapes from Leis's lungs as Valerie only slightly crushes her. Was this what she got for letting Valerie feed on her a bit too often? "Ye-Yeah, that must've been a lot of work - it must feel all the sweeter, huh?" She grins, glancing back down at the bared belly. "I've always bet it would feel nice honestly - is there anything up that you'll need help with?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Little Announcement]

"Hmm, I heard hormones can get pretty intense later on. I might need your help then." She gives Leis a little wink. But then she looks down at her little swell again. "I'm just so happy. I wasn't sure it'd be possible." She touches her belly. "Wanna feel? It'll be a while before there are any kicks, but I just love this little round bump."
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Little Announcement

For once, Leis actually blushes a little, but the focus shifts back before she can muster another playful retort. "Sure, I actually don't think I've ever done this before." the tiefling kneels a little and places a hand on Valerie's stomach - and she seems to pause there, her eyes widening in surprise as the full force of it hits her. Wow, there really was another tiny little Tynamere growing inside Valerie, right under her palm!
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Little Announcement]

Valerie is absolutely beaming. "Honestly I'm so excited to get bigger. I just remember watching Astrana swell up. She was so gorgeous... but maybe I should be glad I'll never get as big as she did." She laughs. Leis of course knows that they had quadruplets.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Little Announcement

Leis nods, looking back towards Valerie with a star or two still in her eyes. "Oh yeah, wow - I totally didn't think about how heavy that pregnancy would've been! It must've been super unwieldy near the end," she observes. "Worth it though."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Little Announcement]

"Oh absolutely. Though I sympathized with Astrana. I'll count myself mucky that I should have just one. By the sounds of things that's enough work." Valerie giggles. She's just full of bubbly emotion now.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Little Announcement

"I can imagine," Leis agrees, rising from her crouch with a fond, excited smile. "Honestly I'm not sure how both of you do it, I don't think I'd be ready to juggle the responsibility - but you two seem so happy doing so, so there's clearly something to it."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Little Announcement]

"I think it's mostly just about being sincere about wanting it. After that things fall into place... with a lot of work of course. You could totally do it if you wanted to." Valerie encourages with a giggle.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Little Announcement

Leis blushes a little at that, clearly flattered. "I dunno, maybe - I think I'd have to find someone who can do that for me, but... one day, I think, she agrees a little shyly.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Little Announcement]

"Oh you think so? I wasn't being totally serious." Valerie's eyebrows shoot up. "I bet your kids would be absolutely adorable. I mean just look at their mom."
~Images by Soushiyo
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

[Sparring Area]

Right before they enter they might hear the clash of wood, but it soon disapears when they enter. The man standing there won't interupt them he will just go to a sideline and watching the two spar.
Fayyaad and Dena might notice that it's Fade, but for the guest it looks like a shadowy figure lurking at them.
(Skip as you please he's just watching)
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Little Announcement

"Ohmigosh, Val!" the tiefling lifts a hand to her cheek as she feels her face heat up, and she giggles. "I swear, you're going to kill me with all these compliments one day."

"But yeah, like, super congratulations!" She tilts her head. "Have you like, figured out a name or anything yet? Or is that not a good idea this early on?" A beat. "Er, sorry if I have a lot of questions by the way - I was an only child growing up, so, y'know, I can't say I have a lot of experience here."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Little Announcement]

"Don't apologize. I've been a dam waiting to break about this news." Valerie laughs and touches Leis's arm with the slight suggestion of reassurance. "We don't have any names picked out yet. It'll be a bit easier when we know if they're boys or girls. That doesn't mean I won't get excited and start brainstorming early, though. Feel free to give suggestions. You're on the exclusive list of people who are allowed to." Val winks.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Little Announcement

"Well, people do say I'm an enthusiastic listener." Leis nods sagely, before something clicks, and she tilts her head inquisitively. "Wait, you said 'they're' - I thought you were just having just one?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Little Announcement]

"Oh, right." Valerie blushes. "Well, the ritual we used to let me get pregnant was interesting. It might have gotten a little bit out of hand, because, ah, Astrana is pregnant too."
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Little Announcement

Interesting? What did Valerie - oh. There's a slight blush, but Leis doesn't try to dig deeper on that, especially when it's not the more eventful piece of information there. "Oh wow, she is! That's incredible-" hold on. Leis does a bit of mental math. One two three four five six seven... she looks a little worried. "Are you sure you two will be okay with so many? I mean, like, if I can do anything to help you two now or then, y'know?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[On the Way to the Labs]

Olvisin blinks.

"Oooh, right. You set up your lab in the beast pens. That makes a lot more sense."

[Sparring Area]

Fayyaad stares at Septimus for a long moment. Normally well-built men disrobing in front of him is a welcome occurrence, but everything else about the situation rather dulls the experience. Nonetheless, he unbuckles a black rod from his belt, which extends into his staff. He holds it in a defensive position and waits for Septimus to strike.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Little Announcement]

Valerie laughs, perhaps a touch nervously. "I think it'll be fine. My parents are both retired and absolutely adore our kids, so they help out a lot. I wouldn't turn down some babysitting, though."
~Images by Soushiyo
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Morty wrote: Aug 10, 2022 5:03 pm [Sparring Area]

Fayyaad stares at Septimus for a long moment. Normally well-built men disrobing in front of him is a welcome occurrence, but everything else about the situation rather dulls the experience. Nonetheless, he unbuckles a black rod from his belt, which extends into his staff. He holds it in a defensive position and waits for Septimus to strike.
[Sparring Area]

Septimus starts moving in a circle slowly around Fayyaad, running the lower end of his light-staff against Fayyaad's own weapon, not quite touching it but getting just close enough to trigger a reaction, depending on what it's made of. If Fayyaad's staff is metal, the beam will arc into it as the two approach, sending a nastily large (but decidedly nonlethal) surge of electricity through it... and its holder. If not, there will simply be a trail of smoke billowing up from where the two weapons "touch", along with a small, barely-noticeable-given-the-background patch of black scorch marks appearing on the shaft.

Septimus's next move depends strongly on whether this presents an immediate problem for Fayyaad or not.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Little Announcement

"Oh, that's really good to hear - it's nice to have people who you can rely on like that." It's the kind of statement you'd hear from someone who can't quite say the same, and yet there isn't a trace whatsoever of bad feelings in Leis's voice when she says this. She's simply very happy for Valerie, nothing else. "And hey, if I can be there for you to some degree - well I'd certainly be happy to." She smiles.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Little Announcement]

Valerie smiles broadly, then puts her finger on her chin. "Speaking of which. I don't want to put you on the spot, but we do need a babysitter next weekend. I'd actually love for you to officially meet our kids. No pressure, though."
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Little Announcement

"Huh, really?" Leis raises her eyebrows. "Er, yeah, I think I'll be available next weekend. It would be nice to meet your kids - although really, it's not as if you haven't told me all about them by now." She smiles.
~Welcome to Night Vale