MERC

Herein lies the various threads in which our characters live out their lives
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: MERC

Post by Morty »

[Armory]

Olvisin takes the two halves of the flail from Kuvesh and starts trying to reassemble them, but without much conviction. It doesn't look like she'll be successful. Her brother searches through the room some more and comes up with a very large club, bound in studded metal.

"This one looks like it should be able to hold up when you use it."
TeChameleon
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by TeChameleon »

[Armory]

Eddie took the club and swung it, a little more gingerly this time. When it didn't immediately snap in half, he gave it a careful, but more convincing, swinging whoosh. Satisfied, he slung it across his back, then blinked when it simply fell to the floor.

"Oh. Right. Do you have some leather I could make a strap from, as well?" he asked as he picked it back up. "Hmm... now that I'm think of it, do you have some spare metal, acid, and crystals? I would like to assemble a Mana Concentrator here, as it is unlikely I will have the resources to make my own for some time yet; it is exactly as it sounds, an engine to absorb and store ambient mana."

He rummaged about in the metal belt pack he had put on over the armour, producing something that looked something like a glowing marble. "By default, I tend to set the output for these- an aetheric crystal that provides me with roughly one day's worth of mana. But it is also possible to set it to imbue a weapon or armour, or store mana in larger or smaller amounts, or even infuse a suspension to create a mana potion, if needed. The versatility and utility are why I feel comfortable asking to set one up here using MERC resources."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Armory]

"We've got plenty of metal and acid. Crystals... not so much."

"Not close at hand, anyway." Kuvesh looks around at the cluttered armory.

"Depending on what kind of crystal you want, we can look, ask around or maybe dig it up. Magic isn't really out specialty, though."

"Our brother deals with it but I don't think he does anything with crystals."
TeChameleon

Post by TeChameleon »

[Armory]

"Metal and acids form the bulk of it; the crystals are just the starter and the storage mechanism. Honestly, anything with a crystalline structure will do; even ice, in a pinch, although for obvious reasons it doesn't last very long. Are you able to requisition funds for purchasing such things? I'm sure there's a magic market somewhere in a land with this much magic."

Eddie paused. "And thank you for being willing to allow me to work in your space. I know it is not always easy to permit others to use your tools or work area... if you are willing, I could start immediately, as I know exactly what I need, and I can see many of the beginning materials in the area from where I stand now."

Having said what he needed to, Eddie waited. If permission was given, and useable materiel pointed out, he would shuck out of the armour and get to work immediately.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Meowmai wrote: Feb 29, 2024 6:39 am [Familiar Feathered Faces]

"Oh, that sounds really cool! I don't have a camera yet either, so it'll be cool to be able to use one!" Said Kestrel, suddenly quite excited at the concept. Fayyaad and Val's implications soared amusingly far other the adventurer's head. These two definitely were selling her a lot more on the concept of picking up a phone though. "I'll let you know if I do!"
[Familiar Feathered Faces]

Valerie giggles. God Kes is cute. She doesn't pursue any further implications. She's flustered the other woman enough already today probably. "Great." Besides, if Kes did get a phone that'd be the time to have that fun. "Is there anything else you need help with on the form, by the way?" She leans over to see Kes's progress. They had been distracting her, but she must be getting close by now at least.
~Images by Soushiyo
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

[Outside the Armory]

While the whole talking happens Quisp had made a bit of a mess, which can be heared if you aren't in a factory. During his testtasting he found something more interessting. A mice. The creature can't supress it's urge to hunt and follows the mice which tries to hide under tables, sofas etc. The sound of a broken vase is easily hearable and that of a table thrown down. Should someone react soon they might see Quisp on the end of the hallway trying to get the mice out of a hole in the wall.

One thing that is strange may fall into everyones eyes. In the vase were some flowers, which by this point seem to be rotten away faster then they should be.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Armory]

"Eh, don't worry about it. The armory is a shared space, this is just our corner of it."

"We can requisition things, so if you're willing to wait a little you should have your materials eventually."

One of Olvisin's ears perk up. That was a suspicious noise, and with Quisp out there... she has a bad feeling about it.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Kestrel feels a little bit at a loss as to what Valerie is giggling at, but unconsciously notices that it is quite a cute giggle. Uh, no, no, I thiiiiink I know the rest..." She squinted at the form. Things were easier back home. Why such long forms were necessary, she didn't know. "Juuuust gotta finish it up."
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
TeChameleon

Post by TeChameleon »

[Armory]

"Still, I thank you again. You have been both knowledgeable and helpful, which is rarer than one might wish, especially when one is starting out in a new place." Eddie told them.

"If you would be able to show me how to requisition things, I would appreciate it greatly; although if it's likely to take more than five days, I had best find a job and bring in my own crystals for the time being."

And with that, Eddie slipped his new armour off and set to work shaping the metals he had been shown.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

"Great! I'm excited for you. I hope it's a great opportunity." Valerie says warmly. "And I hope you see you pop in the offices once in a while. I sometimes do shifts at the Inside office too, so you know. It'll be nice to see you more than the brief chats we get to have at Glog."
~Images by Soushiyo
Morty

Post by Morty »

"Right, then. Looks like it's smooth sailing from here." Fayyaad takes a step back and bows, tail sweeping behind him. "Have a good day, ladies. And good luck with your MERC career, Kestrel." With that, he'll take his leave.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

"Yeah, yeah! It'll be nice to see you around more for sure. I'll always keep an eye out. Oh, and it was nice to meet you too Fayyaad! Hope I'll see you round some more too!" She waves to him as he heads off, before returning to concentrating on the form, sticking her tongue out as she does so. It's not long before she finishes signing off at the bottom of the form. "Here, does this look good?"

Kestrel slides the form over to Valerie, and a quick scan will indeed show it complete, albeit with a bit of dodgy spelling and shaky handwriting.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

Valerie gives Fayyaad a little parting wave as well, then accepts the form from Kes. She takes a moment to scan over it, then looks up with a smile. "This looks perfect to me. I'll get this processed right away. Hm, since you don't have a mailing address we'd normally ask you to come back to get your documentation, but how about I just bring that to you when I pick up the kids later this week. You're still doing the same schedule, right?"
~Images by Soushiyo
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Kestrel brightened at the revelation that she had indeed filled this out correctly and hadn't made a mess of things. "Uh, yeah, that works! Same schedule as always, still. Miiiight change up once I start getting MERC jobs, but until then!" She nods cheerily as she makes her way out of her chair.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

"Perfect, then I'll be seeing you very soon." Valerie gives her a little wink. "Looking forward to it."
~Images by Soushiyo
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Even Kestrel, as dense as she is, can't miss the wink. Her heart flutters just the tiniest bit, and a faint blush settles on her face. "Y-yeah. Will look forwards to it!" And with that, she made her way out the door, as the slow realization that she may have been flirting slowly settled into the little bird's head.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Front Desk

Today is a very normal day at the MERC HQ. Except for one thing. There’s a large black raven sitting on a perch on the front desk before anyone shows up to work that day. A very normal raven besides having two little feathers that stick up from the sides of its head. There’s a card underneath the perch.
Please be nice to the bird. He’s getting used to everyone. He is house trained.
”Caw.”
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Front Desk]

Dipsnig sometimes does the rounds of the office before most people start working. It's more out of habit than anything else, really. And he's here today, Teerka following behind him on soft paws.

"A bird?" he asks himself. "I had no idea someone here had one. Now stay down, Teerka," he tells his wolf, who started sniffing in the raven's direction.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Front Desk

The raven hops down to the edge of the desk and looks down at the wolf.
"Caw." croaks the raven again, tilting its head as it leans in towards Teerka.