MERC

Herein lies the various threads in which our characters live out their lives
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: MERC

Post by Gullara »

[Dipsnig's Office]

Kirk shoots Cantata an irritated glare. "With all due respect, what the problem is is outside your purview. Our behavior is not, but I've said it'll be taken care of." The drow's obvious frustration is a departure from his usual cool attitude around Dipsnig.
~Images by Soushiyo
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Dipsnig's Office]

Petty slights? Gripes? Are they children or adult mercenaries? And Kirk is still being evasive.

"I don't want to be asking these questions any more than you want to be answering them, Kirk. But this is where we are. I need some assurance this will get better. If let you off now and someone complains about another of your tiffs in a week's time, I'll look pretty stupid. So if you don't want to go into detail on your problems, I'll need a more concrete guarantee."

[Medical Wing]

Is Olvisin seriously giving sex ed to an elf homunculus now? How did her life lead her here?

"Your father didn't explain gender to you? And why people are created differently?"
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Dipsnig's Office]

"He told me people are created differently because their fathers have different ideas of what is the best way to make a person." Septimus explains. "Some think their sons should be pale. Some think their sons should be dark. Some think their sons should be large, some think small, some think they should have long hair, some think they should have no hair. Father explained that there are good reasons for each of those and that it is difficult to find a right answer." He gestures at her chest again. "But I have never seen... that, before."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Dipsnig's Office]

What in the Watery Depths did Septimus' father tell him?

"Okay, that's... not how most people work. Most of us aren't made by one parent, we're born from two people and our traits are largely random. It's a lot to explain."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Medical Wing]

"...Why would you do that?" Septimus frowns, tilting his head contemplatively. "If you can make a person, why would you put them together without a plan? That sounds mean."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

[Dipsnig's Office]

Cantata returns the look in equal measure, affixing Kirk with a brief but piercing look. It's not his place to speak for her. "I can promise that if I have any more problems with Kirk, I will speak to Dena instead. All of my work is already largely handled by her, and I certainly don't need him for anything anyways. Is that concrete enough?"
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Medical Wing]

"Excellent question." Olvisin raises one finger in front of her. "Many people would like to know that, but sadly we don't. Most people don't get to plan what kind of children they make. It's mostly accidental. Your father did it differently with you."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Medical Wing]

"...So you are saying those are an accident?" Septimus asks, once again staring at Olvisin's chest. "Is it like that with all of you? You were accidentally given weird chests?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

Morty wrote: Sep 25, 2022 11:23 pm [Dipsnig's Office]

Petty slights? Gripes? Are they children or adult mercenaries? And Kirk is still being evasive.

"I don't want to be asking these questions any more than you want to be answering them, Kirk. But this is where we are. I need some assurance this will get better. If let you off now and someone complains about another of your tiffs in a week's time, I'll look pretty stupid. So if you don't want to go into detail on your problems, I'll need a more concrete guarantee."
Arkhosia wrote: Sep 26, 2022 7:19 pm [Dipsnig's Office]

Cantata returns the look in equal measure, affixing Kirk with a brief but piercing look. It's not his place to speak for her. "I can promise that if I have any more problems with Kirk, I will speak to Dena instead. All of my work is already largely handled by her, and I certainly don't need him for anything anyways. Is that concrete enough?"
[Dipsnig's Office]

"Yes, I'm sure you can get everything you need from Dena. I don't object to this arrangement at all." Kirk gives Cantie a smug look before turning a neutral expression back to Dipsnig. "Will that satisfy?"
~Images by Soushiyo
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Dipsnig's Office]

Time to give Dena hazard pay, Dipsnig thinks.

"This should do for now. But I'll need to speak with Dena and make sure this doesn't put too much on her plate. It's better than arguing in the corridors, of course, so it will do for a start."

[Medical Wing]

Normally Olvisin isn't adverse to people looking at her tits, but this is just really awkward. And there are some thick layers of irony at work here. Her breasts were put on her on purpose, but that's not the case for most women...

"No, it's... just how some people are made. Some people have chests like that and others don't. Someone in HALO should be able to give you a full explanation."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Medical Wing]

"...Okay." Septimus says finally, straightening back up. Olvisin couldn't explain it to him. Clearly, the purpose they serve must be something complicated; she's a medic, there's no way she doesn't know, but putting it in plain terms is another matter.

Anyway.

He's still looking forward to going up to HALO. Especially now that he has one more reason to want to be there. He's got some questions that need answering.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
WarKitty
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by WarKitty »

The Lab

Luna, over here, we're getting your coat on! Luna, it turns out, is a black wolf on the smaller side, who shrugs into a jacket covered in various pockets and pouches and with a thick velcro-like pad on the back. If you've got any bedrolls you might want to grab them. Xun sticks a packed pop-up tent onto one side of Luna's jacket and a pack of field rations on the other. Shall we take the train?
ForTheGnomes
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by ForTheGnomes »

"What train?" Jerick asks as he packs up.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

[Dipsnig's Office]

Cantata bristles at Kirk's smug little comment, cheeks briefly heating up - but she resists to turn back and look at him as she does her damnedest to ignore and not engage with him. Now is not the time to stoop to his level. "Agreed," she signs by way of a calm, professional nod.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Medical Wing]

Olvisin sighs. She feels like she's kicking a puppy or denying a child's heartfelt request.

"Alright, let's get you to HALO. Come on."

She turns to lead Septimus out of the medical wing.

[The Lab]

"Just give me a moment to grab my kit..." Olvisin turns to look at Jerick. "MERC has a tunnel network with trains. It helps us get around the Nexus."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Dipsnig's Office]

"Good." Kirk pushes out of his seat. "If that's all I've got work to do." And without further intervention he'll leave the office.
~Images by Soushiyo
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Dipsnig's Office]

"That is all, yes." Dipsnig gives Kirk an unamused stare. "I do hope that's the last I hear about this issue."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Entrance

Somebody arrives! They're a human woman, with short purple hair and pale skin, their eyes a striking shade of blue. She's wearing a ballistic vest under a long brown trenchcoat and a pair of navy combat trousers, with magnetised boots on her feet. She doesn't appear armed, though that long coat could be hiding pretty much anything, even if there's no visible weaponry in her hands or hanging from her belt.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Entrance

A well tanned man wearing black clothes that look like layers of rags approch the newcomer. He is obviously armed with two swords as the hilts on his side suggest while the blades seem to siapear in the rags. His pants on the other hand seem rather normal. His face is covered with a scarf and in his hand he holds a tablet which he obviously isn't used to handle.

"Hello." he say in an emotionless tone, like one of those early machine voices. "How can I help you?"
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Entrance

"Dunno. I'm lookin' to join, are you someone with the authority to sign me up?" The gunslinger tilts her head to one side as she looks the emotionless man up and down, wondering if he's able to help. His looks don't really impress her, at least on first impressions.

Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Entrance

"Yes I am" the man says with his emotionless voice, then does something on the tablet.
"You got the option of a licenced membership or a full membership. Licenced members can take jobs from the blackboard and get variouse benefits , like a discount in the most popular bar named Trogs.
Members get access to more contracts and more benefits as well as more payment from the contracts. But you would need to proof you are capable to a higher up member. Either by fullfilling a contract or other evidence."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Entrance

"Well, that's good. I'm after a full membership, not just a licence. What evidence are you after? Anything you got really need doing, or what?" The woman smiles, quite confident in her ability to impress whatever task she's given.

Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Entrance

"We do have some contracts open." Fade admits.

"But first of all I need your date, Name, profession, what can you offer for MERC, etc. all that helps identify what jobs you could take."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Entrance

"My name is Sian Farkas. I'm thirty-two years old, I'm a gunslinger, and I've worked as a bodyguard, bounty hunter, guard, and occasionally as an enforcer. My coat of arms lets me do this." Sian reaches into a pocket and pulls out a large revolver, before putting her hand back inside the pocket and pulling out a double-barrelled semi-automatic pistol. There wasn't much time her hand wasn't visible; certainly not long enough for her to drop one gun and pull out the next.

Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Entrance

The man notes her informations but seems rather slow in typing on the pad. He doesn't seem to be impressed by the quick draw. Thats not because he is so calm, more because he has no idea if that is impressiv or not.

"Short range combat experience." he stats his tone still emotionless.
"Your employer are not nexus nativ?
If not I suggest you to take advantageof the licensed jobs we have. They are mostly monster hunts, woul that something you can manage? Maybe taking another person with you?"
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Entrance

She didn't quick draw- her coat replaced the pistol when it was out of sight. "Not this planet, no. I'm also a decent pilot of most light vehicles, and I've got experience piloting shuttles and atmospheric craft." She nods at the suggestion of a monster hunt, and grins. "I reckon I can manage a monster hunt. Who'd you recommend go with me, or should I join an existing expedition?"

Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Entrance

The man needs a moment to go through the licenced process. Somewhere in th abckground a printer goes on and prints the licence.

"If you can make these skills uefull here. Be aware that magic is common in this world." he states. Yes Fade doesn't know her coat changed the weapon so he is still not impressed.

"From my knowledge someone was looking for a partner to go on a mission. I try to contact them and you can discuss anything else there." Sian might have noticed that a paper has wandered from the printer here, but it was kinda sneaky in the background and assuming the pffie is filled with NPC it might get lost in that work. Fade grabs it right as it was put on the desk next to him and hands it over.

"A license." he just states and waits for any questions orthe other person to arrive.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Entrance

"I know, my coat's magic. It's why I can reach into a pocket and pull out a gun, use it till it's empty or I need a different gun and put it back to pull out another gun." Which should at least explain to Fade what exactly she did with that.

Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Entryway - Following A Trail]

tnk... tnk... tnk...

For the second time this month, the black knight stands to darken a doorway. Thankfully, it doesn't see the need to grace MERC with a door repair bill, but instead simply trudges inside unceremoniously.

It is not a small being by any means. The black knight is a walking tower of dirt-covered armor, standing almost seven feet tall. It does not appear to be armed, not does it appear to have a need for arms; its hands are large enough to crush skulls in, and it's probably done so more than once. The sickly smell of dried blood and decaying corpses follows it in, pervasive enough to even be caught in its footsteps.

The massive, armored creature stops just short of the front desk and stares straight ahead, its helmet rattling as it inhales deeply and...

ding!

Baps the bell on the desk for service.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Entrance

Fade looks at her uninteressed as befor.

"I see so not a skill just the coat." he says. Then turns to his pad and makes some adjustments. Most likly deleting his commetn about a quick draw.

"If that is all then we can proceed as planned."

[Entryway - Following A Trail]

The towering armor might look around when suddendly a shadowy figure stands in front of him that wasn't there and didn't seem to walked there.

"Can I help you?" the echoing emotionless voice of the shadow figure says.

The figure looks simular to Fade who stands a bit away.(Or amybe not in the same scene) just skin and other not dark grey things are dark grey