Skyside Prime

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Reinholdt
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Re: Skyside Prime

Post by Reinholdt »

Cloudtop Heist - Hallways

"Ahfuckwhatisthat?!" Reinholdt says, with an uncomfortable shudder. He knew this place was evil, but this is just beyond wrong. Any romantic tension in the air is gone, replaced with pure revulsion and maybe a little fear.

Rein doesn't wait for a fancy launcher, he just pulls a grenade out of the hammer space, removes the pin and tosses it as far as he can towards the rodentipede to let it bounce in its path. He'll spin around to put his back towards the explosion, placing himself between it and Atya, just in case any of the shrapnel decides to be particularly long flung today. Should be fine, but habits and all that don't die easy. Or he just wants an excuse to grab Atya and crouch down over her.
► SHOW SPOILER

Tags:
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[A Golden Age of Villainy]

A hero appears!

A feral grin appears on the Jay-Walker's face as he flaps up higher to put himself just above Emily's eye-level. "So! The mighty Scaleback has decided to meet her doom at the hands of Skyside's most powerful villains!"

Okay that is flatly false there are plenty of WAY worse villains than these clowns. Princess Purrloin is probably the most dangerous in a roundabout sense due to her cat-burgling power, but in a straight fight she isn't that strong. The Jay-Walker isn't any slouch, either. If Emily has used the Paragon platform at all she would possibly know that he's a flying brick with the ability to command corvids.

He's showing off the later power right now, as it happens. A swarm of crows, ravens, and a couple jays begin flapping around behind him and raising a ruckus.

TANBot, meanwhile, comes running up to two villains down on the ground menacing civilians away! One is the cretinous Captain Catastrophe! The fellow's black outfit looks like it could possibly cause a lawsuit by DC comics, just with a yellow bat-logo replaced with a red cat-paw logo. Rather than a cape he's wearing a massive quiver full of meowing cats with some sort of launcher on his shoulder.

"Oh? And what if we are? What are you going to do about it, mister pajama-warrior?" the villain throws back at TANBot.

Finally, Goemog strolls up to Doctor Ivan Gore and casually asks him how it's going. "I don't have time to chat with mascots, go bother someone else."

Wow. Rude.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Halae »

"I ain't scared of you, flappy," Scaleback fires back at the Jay-Walker, getting into a ready stance to let him close the distance, "Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!"

In truth, Emily is wary. Bricks aren't much to write home about - Emily is one herself - but flying ones are a problem in a straight fight because of their ability to create their own leverage and stay out of your reach. Emily has an answer if he tries to stay out of her (admittedly quite long) reach hidden under her waist cape, but for the moment she's keeping it hidden unless she has to use it. It's not a weapon to utilize lightly.

The corvids are another problem she's wary of, but they shouldn't be that hard to deal with is she's smart about things.
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Gold »

Captain Catastrophe's question actually gives TANBot some pause, and he shrugs in response. "I dunno, I hadn't really thought about it that much." He begins to list his options, counting up on his fingers as he does so. "Would you rather I run your pockets, run your fade, or just run screaming?"

Just after that, TANBot peers over the Captain's shoulder at his quiver full of cats. "Is there a lore reason why you're carrying a bag of cats, Man?" he asks, pointing at the aforementioned furballs.
TASBot TALBot Solenoid Changer
"You monster!" -Gold Elemental - The Order of the Stick
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

[Cloudtop Heist - Vents]

Mogzoku expels some air frightfully at the talk of being blasted away. Again, he bides his time, not wanting to risk doing anything to incite the guard to fire.

Goemog raises an eyebrow at Ivan Gore, brushing off his comment. "Well, aren't you a ray of sunshine? Alright then, kupo," says Goemog right before he scurries away. He decides to go up to Princess Purrloin, waving to her with confidence while putting his other hand in his pocket. "Hey there. Sorry to bother you like this, but you guys seem quite interesting. You from around here, kupo?"
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

"You aren't?" the Jay Walker jeers. "Well, let me show you why you SHOULD be, do gooder! Fly my minions!"

And with that the swarm of birds descends upon Emily! Now, one might think that the power to control small animals wouldn't really be that big of a deal. But such a person has never had three dozen angry birds flapping and cawing and pecking at their face. Once Jay Walker thinks Scaleback is distracted by the swarm of birds he'll swoop down to aim a flying kick trying to knock her right off the roof.

He probably isn't as strong OR as durable as Scaleback, but he's quick and maneuverable.

MEANWHILE!

TANBot's question is considered briefly, though it's the second question that actually gets an answer.

"Yeah, so I can do this," the Captain replies as he loads a cat into his launcher and fires it at TANBot. The feline is fired at a high enough velocity to cause grievous bodily injury to both a cat and the target. In spite of this the cat will be perfectly fine and one hundred percent of the kinetic energy from its impact will be transferred to TANBot should the kitty strike true.

Also TANBot will have an angry cat on his face all of a sudden.

ALSO MEANWHILE!

Princess Purrloin has, since the fighting has started, has taken up cover behind a nearby vehicle where she can watch the battle and wait for the right moment to strike.

This is hard to do when she's being distracted by a...

Whatever this guy is.

"What?" she asks, momentarily confused by the question. What sort of person starts asking where someone is from in the middle of a super slug-fest?
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

Scaleback has a secret weapon for situations like this. It's called "proper situational tactics", and in this case, it's about moving the hell out of the way, because she knows what being blinded means - it means some jackass is going to try and sucker punch you. So there's no reason to stay where you are.

Emily ducks off to the side even as she keeps her eyes covered by a scaly, armored hand to keep the pecks from doing much to her face. They can try getting into her mouth if they want; it's not going to be pleasant for anybody. Even her ears are armored, being the keratinous slits that all crocodilians have; her entire body is covered in this natural armor, there's just a few (currently inaccessible) places that are a little weaker.

But as she's doing this, she listens for where Jay-Walker is going to be. He's absolutely going to say something to keep up the banter, and she's prepared to operate purely on sound to suddenly move and clock him in the spot where his voice is coming from.
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

The grenade bounces off down the corridor, echoing as it hits the ground. Oblivious to this weaponry, the rodentipede surges forward, jaws slavering at the thought of fresh meat. It's almost on top of the grenade when it goes off, the explosion tossing it into the wall and all but tearing the monster in half. Thick yellow ichor spatters the area, and the light fixture above clatters to the ground.

Peering out from behind Reinholdt at the scene of carnage, Atya turns to look at him from just a few inches away, her eyes wide. "You tried to protect me. Why? You know I can't die." What a strange instinct. She's about to say more when there's an awful sound.

It's a squelching, shuffling sound, and it's coming from the fallen rodentipede. Despite the extensive damage it's taken, the thing is still not dead. Inch by agonizing inch, it's still dragging itself towards them, beady black eyes empty of anything save hunger. And as it goes, its flesh is slowly repairing itself, muscle and skin regrowing over shattered bone.

"I'm not the only one who can't die," says Atya grimly, clicking the attachment on her chemical thrower into place. She starts slowly backing away, glancing back at the turrets as she pulls some of her own grenades out of her bag.

Cloudtop Heist - Vents

The young guard's vigil is disturbed by the boom of a nearby explosion, the sound making him jump up with fright. He looks nervously between the vent and the control panel, then after a moment's hesitation, he turns around, looking at the screens as he scans the cameras for the source of the noise.

He has his back turned to the vent, and with the other guard gone there's no one watching. There couldn't be a more opportune time to sneak down- or launch a surprise attack.
horses can attack and eat me
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Cloudtop Heist - Vents]

Mogzoku does, indeed, sneak down. He carefully lowers himself through the opening before swooping down, hissing loudly and firing a shot from his paint shooter towards the guards face. The timing was intended to make it seem like he was a creature flying in and firing a substance from an orifice. Afterwards, he floats in place nearby, waiting a second to see how the guard reacts.

Goemog blinks guilelessly. "I asked if you're from around here, kupo," he calmly reiterates, taking a glance at the situation in the streets and the air as it unfolds. "I'm something of a supervillain, you see. Or at least that's what people call me. Just checking out what's up, kupo." He shoots an energetic smile towards Purrloin.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Cloudtop Heist - Vents

The guard yelps in surprise, the paintgun splattering the side of his face. Already on edge, the sudden attack is too much for his fraying nerves, and his pistol goes off, the bullet hitting the floor and ricocheting off under the control panel. Swinging around in Mogzoku's general direction he lifts the gun and fires again, but with paint streaming into one of his eyes his depth perception is mangled. However, he only has to get lucky once, and assuming this is a normal revolver there's four shots left.
Reinholdt
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

"Doesn't mean I want to see that pretty face get burned," Reinholdt says, covering for the fact that he forgot that part for a moment.

And unpleasantly being reminded of it a second time as the ratipede starts reforming. "Shit. Any time now Goemog..." What was taking that furry flying fiend? Reinholdt retrieves a shotgun from his hammerspace and shifts to the other side of the hall so that he and Atya weren't getting themselves in any of the crossfire. He steadies himself and prepares to shoot when the monstrous bug gets close enough for it to actually be effective.

"So total demolecularization right? I don't think I'm prepared for that." Reinholdt needs to upgrade his weaponry!
► SHOW SPOILER
Gold
Old Fart Poster

Post by Gold »

TANBot moves reflexively once he sees the launcher being loaded, acting with surprising speed to catch the feline projectile right out of the air before it hits his screen.

Holding the angry cat at arm's length to prevent any clawing of his screen, TANBot indignantly remarks "You can't use innocent cats as projectiles! That's probably a war crime, and not even one of the fun ones. At least use human babies, like a normal person."

TANBot carefully sets the previously airborne cat down on the ground whilst keeping his optics fixated on Captain Catastrophe, ready to dodge any other furry missiles. "B-T-dubs," he continues as he lets go of the cat, "you never answered my question. My first one, at least."
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Cloudtop Heist - Vents]

One shot is enough to spur Mogzoku into quick action, performing a sudden swoop towards the guard's hand during the time it takes between shots for the guard's brain to process the action of pulling the trigger and releasing it again. Moving deftly, Mogzoku bears his sharp front teeth and sinks them into the guard's knuckles, aiming to debilitate his trigger finger.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

The Jay-Walker watches for a few moments, waiting for a good opening to come swooping down, and announces, "You've got to watch out for those birds SCALEBACK since they can be MUR-"

And then he gets punched.

Emily has no doubt punched other bricks before. It's a familiar sensation. You slam your fist into someone and it just feels like there's way more of them there than what you're punching.

Since the Jay-Walker's flight has little to do with flapping he's able to quickly alter his momentum, rolling with the punch rather than taking it full force. He tumbles away through the air before throwing out his arms and stopping himself, turning to face the hero. "That was a lucky shot," he spits.

"Stop messing around, Jay-Walker," the Pinwheel says as he levels one of his hands at Emily, four pinwheels appearing and beginning to rotate while spinning. The Pinwheel is another known threat, an aerokinetic with a somewhat unusual theming to his powers. The wind and air blasts he can create are definitely nothing to scoff at. Within moments the air current between the four pinwheels is howling and launches toward Emily in a devastating concussive bolt-

-only to be intercepted.

A purple scarf suddenly snaps out, lashing around the projectile as if it were a physical object. The scarf is connected to what is clearly a teenaged Magical Girl in white, lavender, silver, and purple outfit reminiscent of a frilly knight's tabard with grieves, slightly over-sized gauntlets, and a huge purple bow in her ponytail. She grips the scarf with both hands, hanging on as the projectile goes whizzing past her, then whips it around and hurls it straight back at the Pinwheel.

The villain seems shocked by the counter attack, but with a wave of his pinwheels he disperses the blast only to immediately put up a wind barrier as a silver fist smashes into it a few feet from his face. Both pinwheel and the Magical Girl go sliding through the air before landing on another nearby roof.

"HAHA! Olympia! And here I thought you had quit the hero business!" the Pinwheel scoffs, readying another attack as the Magical Girl catchers her footing.

"Nah, I came outta retirement just to deck your stupid mug s'more," Olympia shoots back. Olympia is pretty well known within Paragon, one of the Magical Girls that regularly went toe to toe with super villains. When she had vanished everyone had assumed she had been eaten by a Witch or turned into one, but a few weeks ago she made an explosive return. Several devoted fans have noted that her raw power seems to have taken a hit and speculation is rampant on whether she's an imposter, a clone, or something else.

The Jay-Walker, meanwhile, makes the most of the Pinwheel's maybe distraction to make another dive at Scaleback. This time around he'll feint another kick right as another crow dives at Scaleback's face only to aim a two-hand slap straight at her ears instead. In brick vs brick fights a straight slug-fest is rarely what decides the outcome, but rather who manages to hamper their foe the most.

MEANWHILE!

Captain Catastrophe proceeds to not answer the question again. Instead he hurls a catarang at TANBot! The cat-themed throwing weapon can probably be caught even easier than the catzooka, but upon doing so it'll release a powerful electrical shock! If TANBot instead simply dodges the projectile Catastrophe is going to be a little cross since he was counting on the stun to follow up with-

ANOTHER CATZOOKA SHOT!

"All of my weapons are one hundred percent cruelty free! JUST NOT TO MY FOES!"

"Mraaaaaooow!" goes the kitty as it rockets toward TANBot.

Also meanwhile!

The Princess just stairs at Mogzuko for several seconds before asking, "Are you for real? We're perpetrating some villainy right now. This isn't a good time to chat."

Chatting and combat banter are WILDLY different things. And Princess Purrloin is trying to keep an eye on the fights so she can employ her power to hamper the do-gooders.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Cloudtop Heist - Vents

"Better my pretty face than yours," Atya fires back, loading a grenade into her thrower. Lifting it, she carefully aims, lining up the trajectory before launching it towards one of the turrets. The grenade's arc carries it down directly onto the righthand turret, where it sticks in place, beeping for a second.

Then it explodes, sending bits of the turret ricocheting around, luckily none flying as far as her and Reinholdt. The other turret whirs to life, spinning around as it searches for a target, but finding none within range.

Meanwhile, the rodentipede is gaining speed as its body repairs itself. Its spine locks back into place with a cracking sound, and it scuttles forward, leaving a yellow trail behind it.

"We don't need to kill it, just incapacitate it," mutters Atya, flicking another switch on her chemical thrower. Liquid nitrogen should do the trick.

Then the Rodentipede is upon them, teeth gnashing with spittle, red eyes full of rage. It's fast- but not so fast that it can avoid being shot.

Cloudtop Heist - Vents

Biting is a tactic that will never go out of style. As Mogzoku's fangs sink into the guard's fingers he cries out in pain, dropping the weapon. Half blind and wounded, the guard decides that in this case, discretion is the better part of valor. After all, for all he knows, this furry flying monster could well be another rogue experiment, and he's not getting paid enough to deal with that. Stumbling backwards, he hits a button on the wall, opening a door, through which he dashes.

Of course, he might go raise the alarm, so stopping him could be important. But it's not like getting through this checkpoint will take long- at least, assuming the other heisters are in position.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

Scaleback has definitely been in brick-vs-brick fights before, and one of the main things she's experienced is that while most bricks have an outsized ability to affect other objects, they only have so much mass. A guy who's built like he weighs 180 pounds is still only going to have 180 pounds of mass, even when he can move a lot more than that would suggest.

"Thanks Olympia, I-" and then she spots the corvid-based villain attempting to move around her.

Depending on how strong Jay-Walker is, this next move is a bit of a gamble. If he's particularly strong, he may be able to lift her - but that's not incredibly likely, as Emily weighs a little over two and a half tons. So, when she sees him coming, she just kind of puts that weight to work; she has to close her eyes to deal with the crow, but he's going to be charging straight into a shoulder-check here. Either way, it should disrupt his attack.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Cloudtop Heist - Security Room, have just realized the rat is no longer in the vents.]

Mogzoku lets the guard get away, grabbing the weapon for himself then turning to the security system. He'd look for that little button Reinholdt mentioned for a second before pulling out his walkie-talkie and sending a message. "This is Kupo-1 to Mother Base. At the control room, awaiting further instructions, copy."

[A golden age of Villainy]

Mogzoku shrugs his shoulders. "Ah, you're no fun, kupo," he says disappointedly. "Guess i'll just sit and watch quietly, then." With that being said, he sits on the ground cross-leggedly and stares in the sky, interested in the fight between Scaleback and The Jay-Walker.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Cloudshark Casino]
Keeper wrote: Nov 20, 2023 12:57 am "Tempest." Mina replies, giving her cape name.
"But I don't really like to get too cozy after making an appearance. My disguise isn't exactly elaborate and I don't want to make everything too obvious by sticking around for too long." Yeah her disguise is kind of just...a blindfold that she can see through. The only reason she has a secret identity is mostly by people not actually caring. And magic.
"Heh. Good luck, then. Maybe we'll see each other again, given we're both good at getting into trouble."

With that, he goes to the bar himself.
Gold
Old Fart Poster

Post by Gold »

TANBot launches into a dodge-roll to get out of the catarang's path, then nimbly hops to the side to evade the next cat launched at him. Fighting the urge to look behind him and check if it's okay, the robot instead says "Fine then, don't throw me a bone. Screaming as a punchline is so last year, anyway. Now jumpscares - those never go out of style!" to Captain Catastrophe.

Without any further ado, TANBot starts Naruto running towards the Captain, zig-zagging and staying low to the ground to minimise the chance of any more kitties hitting him. When he gets close enough, TANBot will release his orange high-frequency blade from its sheath and pop up in front of Catastrophe, driving the sword upwards in an effort to slice through and destroy the cat cannon, shouting "TANBOT JUMPSCARE! BOOORAGGH!" all the while.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

The Jay-Walker proves to be annoyingly nimble, one of the most irritating aspects of capes who can fly for no readily apparent reason. It means they can do acrobatic motions on the fly while... well... flying. When Scaleback charges he does a front-flip in mid-air, executing his ear-clap while upside down. It doesn't have quite the level of strength behind it as a horizontal clap would, but it still won't be fun.

"Having some trouble, Scaleback? Maybe you should walk it off!" Jay crows as he aims another flying kick at Emily, expecting her to be temporarily dazed. He definitely isn't as strong as Scaleback. In a straight punch-fest he would go down for sure. But he's trying to make the most of his mobility

Meanwhile!

"We've done this dance before, kid, NO punch can make it through my air shield. It doesn't matter HOW strong you are," the Pinwheel says as he begins charging up another air blast. "You may as well just give up now. The electricity of Skyside will be ours!"

The villain begins lobbing air bullets at Olympia and the magical girl begins darting between them, slapping a few aside with her scarf, and occasionally launching a rocket fist back at the Pinwheel. The explosive punches just detonate against his shield, true to his word. Nothing is getting through

Olympia's got a punch precisely for blowing through shields and the first time they had fought it worked like a charm. But the jerk musta figured out the trick because NEXT time she couldn't breach it. Which means raw strength isn't gunna cut it here. She's gotta be...

Tricksy like a fox.

Meanwhile!

Princess Purrloin returns to focusing her full attention on the going battles, basically ignoring the nearby moogle. She doesn't have time for whatever he's up to. She's got things to steal! And judging from how the fight between TANBot and the CapCat is going? It looks like she's have just the purrfect opening. She reaches into her utility belt and pulls out a long pole with a string attached to the end and a toy mouse attached to the string.

Meanwhile!

TANBot deftly avoids the attacks and goes zooming into melee with his sword to totally wreck the CapCat's catzooka and-!

Wait.

Where did his sword go?

This isn't a sword at all he's holding some kind of cat toy! Princess Purrloin over there has got his sword! That has GOT to be the most cheaty super power EVER!

CapCat uses his free hand and the distract to draw his deadly cat5-o-ninetails! He lashes the whip at TANBot! Should the weapon strike the cables will attach to TANBot and begin trying to download EVERY cat picture on the WHOLE INTERNET into him! Suffice to say this might stun him due to sheer overwhelming catness.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[A Golden Age Of Villainy]

Mogzoku rolls his eyes as the cat-lady runs off into the fray. After witnessing a TANBot put on the ropes, he decides to fly up into the skies, hovering beyond the edge of the roof of the building Scaleback was standing on. Being a 2 foot moogle dressed only in a suspicious cloak, he came across as quite out of place in this situation. "Hey, there, guys! Don't mind me, just wanted a closer look at things, kupo," he cheerily announces to the fighters.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

Jay-Walker is going to find that Scaleback's ears are surprisingly well-armored for sensory organs, being keratinous slits along the side of her head - perfect for diving. If he had managed to hit at full strength, it might have left her ears ringing, but between his weakened blow and the armoring around them, it's questionable how much damage he actually did.

Not that Emily seems to appreciate it. That still hurts, even if there isn't lasting consequences for the fight. And, unfortunately for the flying villain, she's not dazed.

If he doesn't respond quickly, he'll find that that leg he's kicking towards you is going to be very thoroughly grabbed in a hand that could engulf his entire head!

"I don't know, Walker, maybe you'd appreciate a ring in your ears too."
Reinholdt
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Cloudtop Heist - Hallways]

Reinholdt blushes a little, but the rodentpede really dampens the mood so Rein fires his shotgun into it. Three out of his five times, just to be sure and also to be thorough and also because it's terrifying. He forgot to put in a special order for liquid nitrogen bullets, truly the height of negligence.
► SHOW SPOILER
Gold
Old Fart Poster

Post by Gold »

"Wha-HEY!" TANBot shouts the instant he notices his high-frequency blade has been pilfered. He immediately looks around to see who the perpetrator was, and while he does notice Princes Purrloin holding a familiar orange sword, he also leaves himself wide open to Catastrophe's cat-o-nine attack.

The cat toy falls from TANBot's weakened grip as he struggles against the cables, barely able to focus against the deluge of cat photos being downloaded to his system. "N-no... Too many cats, I-I can't, I... I..." It's beginning to seem like TANBot's systems might be completely overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of data being forced into him - that is, until his trembling hands suddenly grasp the cat-o-nine's cables and, with a cry of "I WILL NOT LET YOU DESTROY MY DRIVE!", wrench him free of their grasp.

Once free of Catastrophe's cat-themed clutches, a disheveled TANBot turns to face the Captain as his screen shows him to be in the process of deleting most of the cat pictures.

"Y'know, as corny as it sounds, those pics reminded me of my daughter. She keeps me fighting." The deletion stops after he's finished speaking, at which point he pivots towards Princess Purrloin and rushes towards her, aiming to take her down with a jumping flip kick to the face.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

The shotgun sends the rodentipede reeling back, thrashing and chattering as the bullets tear a whole in its chest. The second and third blasts blow off several of its legs and its lower jaw. Despite the regeneration, the damage is enough to stun it- and before it recovers, Atya steps forward, aiming her thrower. A stream of ultracold chemicals splashes over the monster, and its twitching goes still as it's frozen solid against the metal floor.

Atya stares it at for a second, then turns a relieved smile to Reinholdt. "Hey, we did it. Not even a problem." She's totally calm, as if they weren't just being attacked by a chimeric abomination.

Then the walkie talkie crackles to life with Mogzoku's voice.

Cloudtop Heist - Security Room

"Mother Base, huh? Well Kupo-1, we're right outside. All you need to do is find the security override button, then the door button. They should be labeled." Atya's voice comes loud and clear over the radio.

The control panel has numerous buttons of all shapes and sizes. Levers and knobs, as well. From this vantage point, it's easier to see that the video feeds are split into two distinct kinds. Some of them are security cameras that show various hallways, entrances, and corridors throughout the iii tower, while the other ones seem to be within the cells of around thirty individuals. Most of these are human, but some appear to be grotesque monsters of one kind or another.

The buttons Atya is referencing aren't hard to find, with the security override being one of two large red buttons and the door button being, unsurprisingly, by the door. However, the second red button might also be enticing- located directly below the prison video feeds, it's labeled "System Release."
Reinholdt
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Cloudtop Heist - Hallways]

"Sure. Sure... til it melts," Reinholdt says, eying the frozen, broken creature. He's a little more on edge than the absolutely chilly Atya, but he's still composed.

After hearing their culpable companion on the radio, Rein will turn around and get into position to move towards the door the moment that other turret goes down. They made a fair amount of noise just then so moving away from here is a priority.
► SHOW SPOILER
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Whoops.

Jay-Walker just got his leg grabbed.

He tries a frantic cross-chop on Emily's arm to try to get her to let go but this is probably about to get really unpleasant for him.

Could it be time for a 'puny bird' moment?

Meanwhile!

Every rocket punch is just blowing up against Pinwheel's shield, so Olympia isn't putting much force behind them. She's doing her best to avoid those air bullets but then she zigs when she should have zagged and gets nailed, sending her tumbling across the roof!

"You heroes never get it, my air shield is utterly invulnerable," the Pernicious Pinwheel boasts as he lands, casting an ominous shadow over Olympia. "Nothing physical can breach it! No matter HOW powerful. You may as well just submit to your demise, do-gooder!"

He begins charging a killing blast when quite suddenly, and much to his surprise, Olympia is inside shield! While other Olympia is still laying injured on the ground! She just popped out of his shadow and decked him straight in his ugly face! The Pinwheel goes down like a puppet with its strings cut. While his shield might be invulnerable, his jaw is made of glass.

Olympia pulls at her scarf, yanking out yards of fabric to tie up the villain. She had learned LAST time that if Pinwheel can't do his weird breathing tricks then he can't use his air powers. So if he's tied tight enough he may as well be helpless. While she works the Olympia double she had conjured vanishes.

Meanwhile!

"W-what? Impossible! No robot alive can withstand my Cat5-O-Nine-Tails attack!" Cap gasps in disbelief.

"Shit!" Princess Purrloin yells when she sees TANBot dashing toward her. As the ninja goes flying through the air in a perfect ninja kick Princess hunkers down slightly and-!

TANBot kicks the hell out of a big blue mailbox. The box gets launched away, bouncing off the facade of a nearby building.

Princess Purrloin is now over there across the street, running away and glancing over her shoulder to try to keep tabs on TANBot. She can't really handle toe-to-toe combat.

The Captain, meanwhile, is reaching into his belt to draw forth yet another cat-themed gadget. This time it's a bulky gauntlet with a cat paw-print on it? He begins moving to pursue TANBot!

Meanwhile!

A moogle is chatting with Walker and Scaleback! A crow lands next to him and caws loudly.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

This is, indeed, a puny bird moment. Walker gets himself slammed into the roof they're standing on! Not hard enough to crack the concrete - she's not trying to kill him, and concrete is really hard! - but the boy is definitely not going to be feeling good after his collisions with the structure of the building.

And then she turns to the moogle, one reptilian eyebrow raised, "You need something?"
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Cloudtop Heist]

Attentively listening to Atya, Mogzoku wonders, "There's really just a singular button for it, huh?" As instructed, he quickly slams the security override button and rushes over to the door, hitting its button as well.

Looking relieved to see Atya, he joins back up with the pair. He raises a finger to his chin, pondering, "Hey, I saw a button called 'System Release'. It might be helpful to press it, but, where does it release the system into? I hope it doesn't just dump it into a lake or something."

Goemog doesn't seem to bothered by the crow, giving Scaleback a friendly wave, "Not particularly, I'm just interested in seeing you fight, is all." A beat. "You know, I've never seen a crow before. They look so cool up close!"
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Cloudtop Heist

"The ice should last a couple hours. More than enough for us," says Atya confidently. Still, she's more than glad to leave the frozen horror behind as she walks towards the security station.

As the buttons are pushed, the turret powers down, barrel lowering with a clicking sound. The bolts on the door slide to the side, and it swings open, revealing a slightly shaken Atya and Reinholdt. The moment they're both in the security room, Atya pulls the door shut behind them. "Great work team! This couldn't be going any better," she says cheerfully, pulling out the blueprints from her bag. "Okay, so through this door," she indicates a door directly opposite the one they just came through, "Down a flight of steps, and then the vault door. Easy peasy something about citrus."

Stepping over to the console, Atya peers at the button Mogzoku indicated, glancing between it and the security cameras. "I'm going to hazard a guess that turns off the security for the whole building, releasing all the prisoners in the process. Normally I'd say fuck it and let them out, but it would definitely tip the entire building off and possibly make our escape a lot harder. What do you think, boys?"