Skyside Prime

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: Skyside Prime

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Raindrop Apartment]

"If you feel you have both, do come closer." The dragon replies with a subtle smile. "I admit I enjoy the attention. After studying others so much its a nice change of pace when someone is studying me." A beat. "Since there's so much I could show you if you're willing. Though I'm not sure how much of it is actually relevant to your research however. Perhaps if you explained your process to me, hmm?" Ambrosia's eyebrows arch as her eye stares down at the moonfolk.
Last edited by Shadowcaller on May 08, 2023 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Black Abyss Headquarters]

"I wasn't aiming for you!" Raven protests, either missing Rose's meaning or catching it too closely.

Raven's shock fades to relief for just a moment before she covers it up with frustration. "Of COURSE I was mad at you! Do you really think I'm an idiot? Blind?! That I didn't see you interfering with our dramatic showdown? The way you ruined a perfectly good backstory by moving the crane and preventing the alchemist from falling into a vat of chemicals? The radio?" Raven's eyes narrow mercilessly at Rose. "You're damn lucky she never used the thing." Or they wouldn't be having a conversation at all.

Raven's expression softens a bit. "But my darling Rose, when I kill you, it won't be with something as crude as an explosion. Why so ever did you not push the emergency eject button? The big black one I told you to watch? Hell, why I'm at it, why didn't you pick up the phone so I could distinctly remind you of what button to press? What were you doing in there?!" Raven asks in return, having questions for Rose as well.
► SHOW SPOILER
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

When.

Not if, when.

Rose grimaces at that part. How could she have read the situation so well and so badly at the same time? Unless that was just bluster, which of course she hoped it was, Raven just confessed her full intention to kill Rose at some point in the future.

Rose doesn't have to pretend to look hurt at that.

"There was only one person she could ever have contacted with that, and there were limits to what I was willing to do for her." Rose explains, shaking her head. "It seemed to better suit the situation than giving her a bell or something. I gave her that transciever as a potential course-correcting measure; a way of hedging my bets on her condition during her stay here. If anything happened to her while she was in your care, I would be at least partially responsible, since I was the one who brought her to you."

"And something did almost happen to her." Rose continues, crossing her arms and looking off to the side, a worried expression creeping onto her face. "We never really talked about dunking her in chemicals. I knew the threat was coming, yes; it's classic villain theatrics. But I didn't know you intended to actually hurt the poor woman. To say nothing of those other hostages that weren't even supposed to be there."

"We... also didn't really talk about the button." She adds, shaking her head. "The only instructions you gave me were to 'mind it'. For all I knew, that was the manual trigger and pressing it would have killed me faster."

Her hand stays near her mouth as she clenches back a little sob, shaking her head. "I thought you wanted me to die. I didn't know you were trying to help me." She half-says, half-blubbers. "I was calling a friend to say goodbye. I didn't... I didn't want to be alone. And I thought you had abandoned me. I..." Rose shakes her head, squeezing her eyes shut, apparently unable to hold back openly crying any longer.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Shadowcaller wrote: May 07, 2023 10:17 pm [Raindrop Apartment]

"If you feel you have both, do come closer." The dragon replies with a subtle smile. "I admit I enjoy the attention. After studying others so much its a nice change of pace when someone is studying me." A beat. "Since there's so much I could show you if you're willing. Though I'm not sure how much of it is actually relevant to your research however. Perhaps if you explained your process to me, hmm?" Ambrosia's eyebrows arch as her eye stares down at the moonfolk.
[Raindrop Apartment]

Utayo quirks her brow. She finds Ambrosia's perspective to be interesting. She does, however, remain focused. She will shift a bit closer, as suggested, but not so close that she can't take all of the dragon in. "Hm, well I'm not sure. For the immediate purpose your shape and movements, especially while in flight, are the most relevant. Aerial movement is one of the most important factors of a drone's design after all." She explains.
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Raindrop Apartment]

"Of course. I could fly around a bit if you want. Seeing that I'm also powered by 'spirit energy' there might be similarities in how my wings were constructed." She tilts her head in the moonfolks direction once more. "You won't mind if I move them then? I could give a really close look if you want me to." As if to demonstrate, the dragon lowers her right wing down a bit. As Utayo has gotten closer she can probably tell that if it was lowered down even further it would be so close that she could reach out and touch it. That or it would slam her over the head.

Point is, Ambrosia's wings are are the enormous even compared to the rest of her body.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Raindrop Apartment]

"Feel free to move around a bit. These won't be detailed compositional, just quick sketches. I won't need long for each individual sketch." Utayo explains. "The nature of your flight might mean that the potential for contribution to my work might be unconventional. I won't know for certain until I consider further afterward. Speaking of which, how would you say that your wings contribute to your flight? Seeing as you don't use them like a bird would, obviously."
~Images by Soushiyo
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

"That's not your job!!" Raven exclaims with a huff. "You're not supposed to make sure the hostages are ok, comfortable, and cozy! You're supposed to threaten them! To rough them up! And if a few die along the way, GOOD! It gives you real credibility as a supervillain. Hostages are meant to be disposable. It's the hero's job to rescue them. We put them in mortal danger and some costumed minotaur jumps in the way to save them. Or fail to do so in time. It can have a tragic ending, sure, but that's all on the hero to brood over, not you. Any casualties is on their conscience, not yours, because rescuing them is Not. Your. Job!" Rose isn't playing to type at all!

Raven certainly looks like she has more to rail about but Rose's crying stems that and she puffs out her cheeks, looking away as she pretends not to be concerned. "Look, you clearly haven't sunk into the right hand minion role like I thought you had. That was my fault. I thought you were ready to devote yourself and understand the protection that comes with serving a supervillain evil empress such as me, but you're still very much caught up in doubts and conscience and whatever other nonsense MERC brainwashed you with. That's ok, we can fix it. We just need to run you through proper evil training school. Get in some accelerated learning classes and deprogram whatever horrible morals they're trying to convince you matter."
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Gullara wrote: May 10, 2023 12:33 am [Raindrop Apartment]

"Feel free to move around a bit. These won't be detailed compositional, just quick sketches. I won't need long for each individual sketch." Utayo explains. "The nature of your flight might mean that the potential for contribution to my work might be unconventional. I won't know for certain until I consider further afterward. Speaking of which, how would you say that your wings contribute to your flight? Seeing as you don't use them like a bird would, obviously."
[Raindrop Apartment]

There's a brief pause, as if she hadn't expected this kind of question.

"I'm not actually sure." She concludes after a moment as she turns her head even further to give her wings a closer inspection. "I mean, there must be a good reason why they make up so much of my body. Even among other dragons my wingspan is unusually large actually." She pauses again.

"You know, it's funny. As much of my life that I've committed to studying dragons I've never actually studied myself. See, the dragons on my plane inherit nearly nothing from their parents. Indeed, one could easily assume that nearly every dragon is from a completely different species. So when when I have studied at other dragons of my kind I've learned very little about myself."
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Reinholdt wrote: May 10, 2023 7:45 am [Black Abyss Headquarters]

"That's not your job!!" Raven exclaims with a huff. "You're not supposed to make sure the hostages are ok, comfortable, and cozy! You're supposed to threaten them! To rough them up! And if a few die along the way, GOOD! It gives you real credibility as a supervillain. Hostages are meant to be disposable. It's the hero's job to rescue them. We put them in mortal danger and some costumed minotaur jumps in the way to save them. Or fail to do so in time. It can have a tragic ending, sure, but that's all on the hero to brood over, not you. Any casualties is on their conscience, not yours, because rescuing them is Not. Your. Job!" Rose isn't playing to type at all!

Raven certainly looks like she has more to rail about but Rose's crying stems that and she puffs out her cheeks, looking away as she pretends not to be concerned. "Look, you clearly haven't sunk into the right hand minion role like I thought you had. That was my fault. I thought you were ready to devote yourself and understand the protection that comes with serving a supervillain evil empress such as me, but you're still very much caught up in doubts and conscience and whatever other nonsense MERC brainwashed you with. That's ok, we can fix it. We just need to run you through proper evil training school. Get in some accelerated learning classes and deprogram whatever horrible morals they're trying to convince you matter."

Rose shakes her head. "That didn't come from MERC. It didn't even come from ARC. That came from me." She sniffs and wipes her eyes dry before continuing. "...I'm... I'm not like you, Raven. I can't just... I can't just turn off that part of my brain whenever I feel like it. I can't look into a room full of hostages and see a bunch of props. Those are people and there's always going to be a little voice in the back of my head telling me to make sure they don't get hurt." She sniffs and gives the empress a sad little smile. "It's not the first time my boss has gotten upset over it. You should see my service record."

"...I'm sorry. I spent way too long growing a conscience to just... ignore it." Rose shakes her head. "Hurting someone who hasn't done anything worse than be at the wrong place at the wrong time... it makes me sick to my stomach. It hurts me to hurt people." She sniffs. "Raven... I love you. I do want to support you. But please, please don't ask me to..."

She trails off and regards Raven over the phone. She can already see this conversation isn't going anywhere productive. If she plays up the empathy angle too much, she can see Raven carving out her brain so it doesn't bother her anymore. If she plays up the objective lack of viability between them, she'll probably get thrown away entirely. And there doesn't seem to be any in between where Raven would dial back the villainy; she loves being an evil empress too much.

So Rose is either going to have to pick the lesser of two evils or else try a new tack.

"...It's hard, is what I'm saying." She says finally, her gaze on the bumps under the sheets that show where her knees are. "I just... I need warning first. Priming. Communication." She makes a back and forth gesture with her hands between the monitor and Raven. "I probably wouldn't have freaked out as much about Dorota if I knew you were going to dunk her. Or given her the radio if I knew she wasn't going to be harmed, even accidentally. If I could just brace myself... that's all I'm asking. Can we try that?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Halae wrote: May 04, 2023 2:45 am [Mina's Place]

"Mmm, creepy stone-faced watchers are my favorite," Emily says, then calls out, "That was sarcasm, don't look at me like that!"

She didn't actually see Sai, of course, but there's a look of amusement on her face just the same.
Mina's Place

"So uh. What do you think? Pretty good for a technically unemployed daughter of a fortune-teller, I think." Mina doesn't like being that snobby rich person who throws money around...but she's allowed to like it, right?
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Raindrop Apartment]

"Curious. Then again, the dragons of my own plane are spirits and have no parentage at all. At least none that you could discern. I think it's likely dragons are quite often exceptions to the norm." Utayo muses. "Though you must have some understanding of how your wings contribute, even if it's merely instinctual rather than carefully reasoned.. Unless the core of your flight is primarily magical, in which case the wings might simply be an affectation."
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Raindrop Apartment]

"Well, as you said it's instinctual. Thus it's like trying to explain how you walk or... float." Hoover? Levitate? Ambrosia wasn't quite sure what Utayo called her means of movement.
"See, I flap my wings like this-" The dragon suddenly lifts them up and then brings them down with such a force that Utayo might feel how she's getting pushed back by the air movements created by that wing beat. If she had been standing she might have been pushed prone just now.

"-and then-"

She's already airborne, though not much further off the ground than the moonfolk herself is. But as she notices Utayo getting pushed back she gently touches ground again. "-oh, I'm terribly sorry. I should have realized how close you were." Ambrosia had asked her to get closer after all.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

"Rose... they're not getting hurt darling. They're being improved. Given a chance to make their life actually meaningful from their wretched existence of pointless concerns." Todd's screams cut through the background from somewhere off camera in a way that suggests he's been caught and he won't be going home today. "I know you can imagine how humdrum and boring their life was before me. Now... now they have a purpose." Raven looks down at her Mechazombies with fond adoration and pats one gently on their head. "Serving me is the greatest thing that ever happened to them."

The nekomancer glances back at the monitor. "Any hostage that doesn't make it through their glorious experience with me gets a chance to ascend to something better! We can't deny them that." It would be rude.

Raven tilts her head and scratches at her ear. "Well the reason I didn't tell you any of those things to begin with is entirely because you're a MERC double agent. You haven't exactly renounced that, you know? Relationships aren't all take take take, you gotta give something too. If you're willing to foreswear MERC and ARC and any other organization, cut off all contact with them whatsoever, and devote yourself to me wholly as girlfriend and right hand... then fine. I'll keep you informed to the full details of all my plans going forth."
► SHOW SPOILER
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Raindrop Apartment]

Utayo raises a hand to shield her face from the sudden gust, then lowers it to her lips and laughs. "Yes, some more distance might be wise. Perhaps you should fly back and forth a few times to demonstrate? The repetition would be helpful." She suggests.
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Raindrop Apartment]

The dragon appears relived, and perhaps a bit encouraged, by her reaction. "I could do that. Just a moment."

Stepping away, having to maneuver her winged appendages around the various machines on the roof, she eventually manages to get off the ground again with another wing beat. Then after a few more she starts gliding in a circle around the roof. "Might be a good idea to observe me from above too." She suggests, her voice thankfully unhindered by the noise her journey through the air makes.

"Or perhaps you would like a ride?" Her tone is getting increasingly playful.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

Keeper wrote: May 10, 2023 8:41 pm Mina's Place

"So uh. What do you think? Pretty good for a technically unemployed daughter of a fortune-teller, I think." Mina doesn't like being that snobby rich person who throws money around...but she's allowed to like it, right?
[Mina's Place]

"It's a good place. Lots of space to do things in. Though, I admit, I think there's too few people living here, even at our sizes."
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Reinholdt wrote: May 12, 2023 5:34 am [Black Abyss Headquarters]

"Rose... they're not getting hurt darling. They're being improved. Given a chance to make their life actually meaningful from their wretched existence of pointless concerns." Todd's screams cut through the background from somewhere off camera in a way that suggests he's been caught and he won't be going home today. "I know you can imagine how humdrum and boring their life was before me. Now... now they have a purpose." Raven looks down at her Mechazombies with fond adoration and pats one gently on their head. "Serving me is the greatest thing that ever happened to them."

The nekomancer glances back at the monitor. "Any hostage that doesn't make it through their glorious experience with me gets a chance to ascend to something better! We can't deny them that." It would be rude.

Raven tilts her head and scratches at her ear. "Well the reason I didn't tell you any of those things to begin with is entirely because you're a MERC double agent. You haven't exactly renounced that, you know? Relationships aren't all take take take, you gotta give something too. If you're willing to foreswear MERC and ARC and any other organization, cut off all contact with them whatsoever, and devote yourself to me wholly as girlfriend and right hand... then fine. I'll keep you informed to the full details of all my plans going forth."

Rose gives Raven a little smile, muffling an internal scream of horror and frustration. She should know by now that Raven's psyche is so warped as to be almost alien.

"Raven... I hate to play this card, but I'm literally sitting in a hospital bed right now because we couldn't talk to each other." Rose points out. "I'm not asking for the most intimate details of every plan you come up with. I just want to know things like, if I'm locked in a building that's going to explode in sixty seconds, that there is an escape pod there and how to use it." She grimaces. "I'm not going to ask for anything you're not comfortable providing. But you understand that, if I don't know how to avoid being blown up while I work for you, it's going to happen sooner or later... right?"

Rose's gaze falls to the floor again. "...I saw the look on your face when you realized I was alive. I would say I can't imagine what you were going through when you thought I was dead, but I've lost and nearly lost too many friends to say that honestly. It hurts." Rose glances back up at Raven. "...I also know you'll never admit it out loud. That's okay. I don't need you to. I just..." Rose folds her hands in her lap. "...I just don't want to put you through that again. So anything, anything you can tell me that will keep things moving smoothly between us... please don't let it go unsaid."

That should leave the ball in her court, Rose thinks to herself. Let Raven weigh the risks of accidentally killing her girlfriend with the merits of being a ruthless boss. Rose doesn't need to make any demands at all, if Raven can convince herself that what she's asking is necessary.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Morty wrote: Apr 22, 2023 3:02 pm [Groundtown]

"I hit it!" Olvisin calls out as she ducks some debris. "We can follow the blood trail now!"

Luuvat has no time for anything elaborate and casting at range is more difficult. He raises his staff and causes jagged pieces of metal to fall in the creature's path. Hopefully they will injure it more and slow it down.
Earl of Purple wrote: Apr 22, 2023 4:17 pm Groundtown

Sian whoops at the news Olvisin delivers, though can't do much more than follow the goblin's lead so long as their quarry remains in the dark. She doesn't loose the flare, though, since it might attract attention from elsewhere in the city and so long as the blood remains somebody can follow it.
[Groundtown]

The monster now seems a bit more eager to escape and speeds up. Sadly the jagged pieces of metal don't slow him down. Instead he picks them up in his path and slings them back at the goblins.
On the other hand this makes it easier to follow as there will be a patch between the pieces leading to a bunch of trees with a strange shape. three trees have grown so they entwine each other at 3 meter which offers a dark black entrance. It looks like a tunnel is behind the entrance, but it's hard to see futher inside even with the gioblins good vision. Something blocks sight?
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

Shadowcaller wrote: May 13, 2023 4:48 pm [Raindrop Apartment]

The dragon appears relived, and perhaps a bit encouraged, by her reaction. "I could do that. Just a moment."

Stepping away, having to maneuver her winged appendages around the various machines on the roof, she eventually manages to get off the ground again with another wing beat. Then after a few more she starts gliding in a circle around the roof. "Might be a good idea to observe me from above too." She suggests, her voice thankfully unhindered by the noise her journey through the air makes.

"Or perhaps you would like a ride?" Her tone is getting increasingly playful.
[Raindrop Apartment]

Utayo focuses in immediately and continues her sketching when Ambrosia starts to fly. She's quite businesslike, unlike someone else. "I'm afraid we should remain focused if we want to accomplish out task." Utayo very lightly rebuffs. "Even my quite sketches will take some time to complete."
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Raindrop Apartment]

"I'm just joking. I actually don't let people ride me. Feels undignified don't you think?" Ambrosia remarks as she flies past Utayo especially up close. "But while we're on the subject of flight I'm curious, how do you fly? Since I've never seen a humanoid capable of doing that before."
Morty
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Groundtown]

The goblins stop, partly to remove one of the metal shards from Luuvat's arm and partly to reassess the situation.

"Can't see a thing in there. It's not normal darkness. We might have chased it to its lair."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Raindrop Apartment]

Utayo seems quite unconcerned with Ambrosia's proximity, even as the wind it creates pulls at her. "I'm afraid I don't have a detailed explanation. It's magical in nature, of course. Perhaps some ancient boon from some spirit. It's said that in the distant past our people had a patron spirit. Perhaps that' where the origins lie." She remains quite focused on her sketching even as she answers.
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Raindrop Apartment]

Ambrosia's flight slows down into a glide as she seems to consider what the moonfolk just told her. "And your other enchantments, they are magical in nature too? As in, are they the result of other deals you've made with spirits? Since it seems to me that despite being powered with 'spirit energy' you haven't made any bonds with spirits." Her gaze locks onto Utayo's. "I can sense these things."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

Raven stammers at a complete loss for a moment before settling on "... What? You literally just said you wanted to know about the plans so you could brace yourself for them! Now you say you don't need the plans, you just want to know what will make things run smoother between us? I just told you how things could run smoother. You aren't listening."

Raven shakes her head in disbelief. "In fact, that's the problem isn't it? I tried to tell you twice how to get out of that situation but you didn't listen. A situation you created for yourself because you wouldn't listen! This was supposed to be fun. I was supposed to bridal carry you out on my jetpack zombie. How cool would that have been? Here I am offering full and complete disclosure and you're all 'nah, don't wanna listen'."

The catgirl's ears flatten as she looks away from the screen. "Well you're right about one thing. A minion that would rather make assumptions and stumble through my ingenious plans contrary to my instructions is just going to get themselves hurt. Or worse. You barely survived this time. I think... I think we need to break up."
► SHOW SPOILER
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Rose had stood ready to refute the point about the sorts of information she should have access to, to point out that there was a clear balance between telling her everything and not telling her anything. But it hardly matters now.

As soon as the words are out of Raven's mouth, Rose's falls open a bit, a ragged gasp jumping out of her as though she'd been physically punched right in the chest.

"...I..." Rose lets out a smaller sigh, her shoulders sagging as she lays back in her bed. "...If that's what you want." She says quietly, rubbing away at a familiar burning sensation in her chest. "But only if that's what you want. And I'm not entirely convinced you do." She swallows back her nerves and sits up a little straighter in the bed. "Because I don't think you want me out of your life entirely. Maybe I'm not a minion. Maybe I shouldn't be near anything that explodes or catches fire or has a screaming civilian tied to it. But that isn't all there is to your life... is it?"

She rests her chin on her hand and offers Raven a small smile. "...Remember what we did for our first date?" She asks. "A quiet dinner, a walk across town, a climb to the top of an abandoned building... getting to see the city from above like that?" She folds her other hand in front of her and shakes her head. "Funny enough, I don't remember seeing anybody get blown up there. Or that time at the dance club. Or... or any of those things we did before you gave me Omega Briar." She tilts her head to one side, regarding the empress quizzically. "Do you... do you think you still have time for those things? Could we still go out and just have some fun every now and then?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Raindrop Apartment]

Utayo takes a moment to interpret Ambrosia's framing of the question. 'Enchantments' is interesting. "It's difficult to explain in detail, but essentially my home plane is made of two parts. The realm where I and other mortals live, and the spirit realm where kami originate. Many years ago a discovery was made that allowed harnessing and storing the energy of the spirit realm without needing to directly interact with kami." She explains. "Unfortunately that means that to charge my devices I need to return semi-regularly to my home."
~Images by Soushiyo
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Groundtown

On hearing that the goblins can't see anything in the darkness ahead of them, Sian raises the flare gun in her hand and shoots its one shot down the tunnel, the chemical reaction within the shell igniting and shedding bright, harsh white light as it flies and for, hopefully, half an hour. "That should help." Sian puts the flare gun back into the pocket of her coat-of-arms, pulling out a gun made of purple plastic, with three yellow stripes on what looks like a magazine but which actually connects the trigger and barrel assembly to a large, curved lower portion that stops just short of touching the usual barrel, a bolt of green lightning crackling across that small gap. The Covenant plasma pistol is not quite what she was hoping for, but it should prove useful regardless.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Halae wrote: May 14, 2023 5:19 pm [Mina's Place]

"It's a good place. Lots of space to do things in. Though, I admit, I think there's too few people living here, even at our sizes."
Mina's Place

"Ugh, I know." Mina groans. "It's a quiet, lonely place sometimes. But like I said, Mom doesn't want to move in. And the place regulates itself so even if it wasn't awkward as hell, I don't need any help with the place. I've...not really had any need to have roommates either." Which is more to say she hasn't had any friends in need of a place to stay.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Gullara wrote: May 18, 2023 3:36 am [Raindrop Apartment]

Utayo takes a moment to interpret Ambrosia's framing of the question. 'Enchantments' is interesting. "It's difficult to explain in detail, but essentially my home plane is made of two parts. The realm where I and other mortals live, and the spirit realm where kami originate. Many years ago a discovery was made that allowed harnessing and storing the energy of the spirit realm without needing to directly interact with kami." She explains. "Unfortunately that means that to charge my devices I need to return semi-regularly to my home."
[Raindrop Apartment]

"How often is 'semi-regularly'? And that does that power include your metallic parts?" At this point the dragon has stopped and is maintaining a fixed position in the air.
In nature the only bird capable of hoover-flight is the hummingbird and it does that by flapping its wings so quickly that they barely can be perceived by the naked eye. Yet Ambrosia's wings aren't beating nearly as quickly yet she's capable of maintaining a very similar position. So they must have some kind of special quality to them it would appear.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

Well it's not what Raven want wants, but she also doesn't want Rose to trip into Raven's acid catnip trap and...

Raven's eyes dart between Rose and not Rose, hesitating. It's true they didn't start out on the right hand woman level. That's just always where she saw any relationship heading. She thought Rose was into the whole supervillain thing, it's basically Raven's whole shtick. And nothing was more lovely than Rose in evil uniform atop an unsanctioned super tank. But they tried that and it just didn't work. Maybe a step back is what they need.

"I-I mean... yeah, I guess that could work. A lot of couples keep their work and private life separate right?" Mechanics don't need their girlfriends to be cars! It's the same principal, in theory, sort of. Raven blushes and finds somewhere on the floor to look at. "Forget I said anything then. Just... I'm glad you're not dead. When you get out of the hospital we'll go... I dunno ice skating or something." What do normal people do on dates besides capture their own dance club or blow things up with tanks?
► SHOW SPOILER