Skyside Prime

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Re: Skyside Prime

Post by Keeper »

Thunderhead Alleyway

"I make exceptions for people who have a reputation for doing good. Some people have posted about you on Paragon." She's kind of too distinctive for this to be the wrong person. Right?
Mina will lead Emily on a fairly lengthy trip to the Cloudtops. She doesn't have a car so they'll have to take a train. Mina likes walking and hasn't thought to just get a car custom made for her size.
Her home is in a district of the Cloudtops notable for having several pieces of street broken off and lashed together with ropes or steel cables. Hers is complete with an entire wooden bridge just past the mailbox.
"You're uh, not scared of heights are you?"

Tags:
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Halae »

[Thunderhead Alleyway => Mina's Place]

"Paragon, huh? That a website?" Emily asks, interested. She hasn't heard of it, given she doesn't spend much time online, but her intimidating visage has certainly ended up on there after it became she was yet another vigilante - she even shared her alias, Scaleback, around, though she hasn't taken the effort to mask her identity.

"Nice digs. Not scared of heights, no, just the splat at the bottom. I'd rather not have to pull my feet out of my lungs because of a bad landing, but it's not going to be a problem on its own."
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Mina's Place

"Yeah. I'm not super active on it but I like to check it sometimes. Especially when I'm out there. People use it for alerts and calls for help and stuff." Mina leads Emily across the bridge and into the estate proper. It's only two levels high but is quite large, taking up most of the little floating island it was built on. The architecture seems vaguely Japanese but scaled up and with quite a lot of minotaur statues and horn-shaped ornamentation. Some of the statues look vaguely like Mina, others like an old minotaur man and others various other individuals. But the horns are all clearly based on Mina's.
"My friend Sai built this place before I was born. He decided on the décor. I think it's kind of tacky but the statues are useful for him. As long as he doesn't possess the couple he clearly based on me."
That would be weird and she's not okay with it.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Mina's Place]

"Huh. Looks... like a Japanese castle sort of deal. Not completely, but enough to be notable," Emily says, clearly taking in the environment as she follows Mina, "What type of spirit is Sai? I've met a few, and they're always a little weird, mentally."
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Mina's Place

"Oh, he's the spirit of a celestial-forged weapon. This one." Mina points at the sai on her belt.
"He was waiting for me to reincarnate from my last life and I bumped into him a year ago. Ever found your own tomb? It's morbid. Anyway, there was a magical accident that's really hard to explain and he also had a hundred-year stint as a mortal which is when he built the place. He said he didn't have any hobbies but he did really like adding statues to the place. Somehow when he died and went back to being the spirit of an object he kept a connection to all the stuff he built."
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Mina's Place]

"Huh," Emily mutters as she scratches at her chin, "Not the weirdest hero origin story I've ever heard, but top ten at least. I was just born this way, myself. As far as I'm aware, I'm nothing special - no reincarnation, no special talents, just a big and weirdly mutated human."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Mina’s Place

Mina sighs heavily.
”Well, I wasn’t. I was mostly human until SOMEBODY decided to ask the Powers that Be to give me my past self’s face and everything else without my permission.”
She glances down at her weapon.
”No, I’m not going to stop telling people. You know what you did. But still-“
Mina pushes open the door, revealing an immaculate foyer of hand cut wood and stone. The life’s work of a man who lived over a hundred years and literally never slept.

”When it comes to making up for past mistakes, you could do worse than this.”

It would be wrong to call it an apology present. Sai has never apologized for anything. But it was still a gift.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Black Abyss Milk Factory]

Raven's mecha-zombies don't appear to be any stronger or tougher than last time, based on the first one Mina crumples to the ground. But then, Mina wasn't the only one who was given next to no time to prepare for their last encounter. The number of mecha-zombies outside, at least, has substantially increased over the meager few Mina fought previously. And this small horde of minor menaces are surprisingly quick to turn away from their normal patrols in order to converge upon the spot of their fallen brethren, moaning for Mina's brains with outstretched claws and dangerous bites.

[Lair, Sweet Lair]

Raven's ears and tail perk up suddenly. "The battle for Skyside's soul begins..." the catgirl giggles as she snaps her fingers. A mechazombie shifts down, scooping Raven up to sit upon his shoulder and they head off to the room with all the cameras and buttons so that she might survey her empire's progress.
► SHOW SPOILER
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Mina's Place]

Emily watches Mina yell at her weapon. So, the name is actually indicative of who and what he is, rather than just an odd name? That's pretty interesting.

Emily lets out a rumbling sound as she surveys the foyer, nodding to herself, "I can see what you mean. This place is really quite something. Though, I am sorry you got transformed. I know it's not easy being a heteromorph."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Mina's Place

"A what? Never mind." Mina shakes her head, putting together context clues.
"It's fine. I got made huge and muscly and not a frog or whatever. You could do worse. Makes finding a date harder but you know."
Mina imagines that Emily does in fact know about that sort of thing. There aren't many that are bigger than Mina as she is now.
"Come inside. But don't forget to wipe your feet."
Perhaps out of place is a modern shoe-wiping mat by the door. A necessity when your shoes are not easily removed.

Black Abyss Milk Factory

Mina does have another trick up her nonexistent sleeve to avoid the zombies. Right as they start to converge on her location she launches herself up (significantly higher than she ought to be able to) and onto a nearby fire escape. She waits for the zombies to start to mill towards her before launching herself down at the back line to pummel them into the ground and repeat the process.

Perhaps the mecha-zombies were installed with state of the art Black Abyss ranged weaponry to stop her from slowly chipping away at their numbers?
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Ironsmith »

[Lair, Sweet Lair]

"I get that a lot." Rose quips as she turns and makes her way back up toward Raven's observation platform. She's certain the empress is going to have need of her soon, in some capacity... or at the very least, that she's going to want someone to watch, ooh and aah at her tactical acumen. This sort of thing just isn't as much fun if you're not showing off.

Or, at the very least, Raven's personal display would be the ideal way of gathering information on what's happening around them. From a professional standpoint, that's the place to be.

...Strange that she thought of that second, though.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

Keeper wrote: Jan 11, 2023 4:43 am Mina's Place

"A what? Never mind." Mina shakes her head, putting together context clues.
"It's fine. I got made huge and muscly and not a frog or whatever. You could do worse. Makes finding a date harder but you know."
Mina imagines that Emily does in fact know about that sort of thing. There aren't many that are bigger than Mina as she is now.
"Come inside. But don't forget to wipe your feet."
Perhaps out of place is a modern shoe-wiping mat by the door. A necessity when your shoes are not easily removed.
[Mina's Place]

Emily lets out a chuckle, "I do know. Not a lot of people out there willing to kiss a maw like mine," Emily makes sure to wipe her feet at the entranceway. Sure, they hadn't been particularly dirty, but that's no reason to be a bad guest and it takes, what, thirty seconds? Less? "I've gotten some weirdos into it, but they tend to be on the strange side of things. Enough that it's difficult to put together a proper relationship. And worse, some just want me for my muscles."

And then Emily moves to take a look at one of the nearby statues, attempting to get a closer look at it. Hmmm. The stonework here is very precise. Sai must be a perfectionist.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Mina's Place

"Ugh, I know. I guess I should be happy that I'm a species that is generally around but there just aren't many of them in my circles who are my age. And I'm taller than most of the ones that are! Which isn't really a huge deal, but some don't like that."
Depends on the culture. Krayger's people would consider that a positive.
"I haven't had anyone try to ask me out just for the muscles yet."

The statues are somewhat minimalist. They're very deliberately made without clothing or features so as to not be inappropriate, but several could possibly be recognized as certain people if you knew them.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Mina's Place]

"So do you actually like minotaurs that way? I'll admit, I'm more into normal, un-mutated humans than anything else, which makes it awkward when other heteromorphs are looking at me like 'oh, she'll understand and want to crush me in her thighs' or something," Emily makes some dismissive jazz hands, clearly unenthused with that idea.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Mina's Place

"Um. Well I like strong guys. And some of the other details are less important. And plenty of big guys aren't into girls with cow faces so I kinda take what I can expect. But the only person I've had approach me was a girl which just wouldn't have worked."
Jack seemed nice. Mina really wishes she could have reciprocated.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Mina's Place]

"That's too bad, but hey, we can't define what we like, unfortunate as it is. I know I'd probably have more luck in romance if I could," at least she's into both men and women. Opens up the dating pool somewhat, "So have you been operating in Skyside for long?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Mina's Place

Mina takes off her jacket and hangs it onto a hook, moving towards a sitting room through a sliding door. Like the foyer it was carefully made though it does not have any art. The decorations are only of things Sai could seemingly make.
The sitting room has several large chairs and a couch, all sized for someone at least Mina's size.
"A year and change. That's how long I've had this place and the horns."
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Mina's Place]

"I take it that's when you met Sai, then?" Emily asks. She'll move over to the couch, and considers it for a moment before sitting down, her tail curling off to the side so that it's not smashed up against the back.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Mina's Place

"Yup. He put in the request for the horns 'n hooves about...what was it? Five minutes after we met? And then a couple days later there was a really hard to explain time incident and then we met back up and he'd made all of this. It's...hard to remember."
And there's something odd about explaining it to Emily...
Mina sits down in what is clearly her favorite chair.
"So how long have you been in Skyside?"
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Lair Sweet Lair]

If Rose is interested in going toe to toe with Mina, Raven can direct her to the most dramatic intercept spot, likely just before the room with the other hostages. Otherwise she can watch, though this part is very much the behind the curtain part so it's maybe not as exciting as Rose thinks because Mina is Raven's audience now. But Rose can definitely watch Mina from here so it's certainly more interesting over a longer period vs. waiting around awkwardly for that brief, intense moment of excitement that comes from directly butting heads. Quantity or quality?

Mina gets through a good chunk of the Mecha-zombies with this hit and run, about half of them, before they learn to actually look up from the various mecha-zombie pancake smears and see Mina above them. Once they accomplish that, though, Mina will find that these do not have any fancy range attacks. They can, in a terrifying to see and experience twist, jump however. The mechanical components in their legs making it surprisingly easy for them to leap up after Mina, not even worried about grabbing anything else. Those that miss and crumble to the ground with a sickly thud slowly get up to try again.

"Well well well, the Moover has arrived! And assaulting my lawful employees no less!" A sickly shrill voice rings out from some unseen speaker, apparently having decided that's Mina's superhero name until told otherwise and maybe even past that point too. "I should have you arrested. Skyside's not known for lenience. You'll probably get cowpital punishment."
► SHOW SPOILER
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Ironsmith »

[Lair, Sweet Lair]

The smart move is to hang back for now. While Rose might be able to put on a convincing show for Raven, Mina has no idea she's not exactly who she appears to be, and confronting a superstrong superheroine in a tank shortly after she's gotten through indiscriminately slaughtering a horde of mechazombies sounds like an easy way to end up a wrongful death statistic. Besides, she needs that thank intact in case Dorota needs to make a getaway on her own. Better to not risk it.

Instead...

"Oof. Really milking the cow puns, aren't you? That one was downright cheesy." Rose jokes, as soon as the microphone is off. "But it looks like you already heifer right where you want her. And if not, I'm sure you'll be a-bull to steer her in the right direction." She grins. "Okay, I'll stop."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

Keeper wrote: Jan 12, 2023 4:19 am Mina's Place

"Yup. He put in the request for the horns 'n hooves about...what was it? Five minutes after we met? And then a couple days later there was a really hard to explain time incident and then we met back up and he'd made all of this. It's...hard to remember."
And there's something odd about explaining it to Emily...
Mina sits down in what is clearly her favorite chair.
"So how long have you been in Skyside?"
Mina's Place

"Couple weeks," Emily says. She's got an odd glint in her eye, a bit of a narrowing towards Mina that doesn't seem perfectly normal. She's thinking something, and isn't saying what it is, "I haven't been here long."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Mina's Place

"Well, I hope that you're doing okay where you are. If you need anything, well, you can see that I have more than one girl and her talking sai can do with, even if we don't really have steady income."
She raises an eye at Emily's expression. "Something on your mind?"

Black Abyss Milk Factory

"Wow. Racism. Classy." Mina growls. She points Sai away from her, summoning a huge gust of wind to push the zombies away from her as they leap.
"ALSO it's Tempest."
She takes a moment to jump down and deliver a spinning kick at one of the falling zombies.
"AND that joke doesn't even work in Skyside!"
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Morty wrote: Jan 03, 2023 6:09 pm [Groundtown]

The goblins look between each other before deciding to stick to facts.

"Rabbits are small, fuzzy creatures that eat grass. People hunt them a lot."

"Let's set up a stakeout. If we wait, we can be ready when the creature shows up. I don't know if we can count on finding it."
[Groundtown]

"Yeah, but that is their trick." the man says. "They decive you and soon their plan will come into action."

If they wanna camp somewhere, where do they want to do it? Outside the slums of groundtown or would they use one of the buildings there? Some are empty as their former inhabitans died due to the bad conditions here.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Lair, Sweet Lair]

Raven turns on Rose with the most serious expression Rose has ever seen from the maniacal overlord. In part because she's trying very hard not to smile. "Rose, don't burn all the puns at once. You have to spread them out over the course of the banter and savor them. Like a steak." Raven turns back around quickly so as to try and hide the grin that is cracking.

"Puns aren't racist because they hurt everyone equally," Raven helpfully informs Mina. If she wants to stay in the superhero business, she better get used to them quickly!

"Mmmm... More like Temper, but whatever, it's not the worst name. Why are you here to Bull-y me?" Raven asks.

There's a momentary gap between the mecha-zombies assault while they get up from getting wind gusted onto the ground, if Mina wanted to press forward into the factory itself.
► SHOW SPOILER
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Groundtown

Sian's going to recommend lying in wait in a building, as inside a building they should hopefully have more control over where and how the monsters approach, though she'd admit that they don't know yet if the shadow predators would be willing to enter a building without the right bait- which they don't actually know, despite Kuuvesh's volunteering.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

Keeper wrote: Jan 15, 2023 5:22 pm Mina's Place

"Well, I hope that you're doing okay where you are. If you need anything, well, you can see that I have more than one girl and her talking sai can do with, even if we don't really have steady income."
She raises an eye at Emily's expression. "Something on your mind?"
[Mina's Place]

"... You mentioned that it's hard to remember," Emily says, a frown coloring her scaly features, "Do you have any idea why? That feels like an extremely big thing to forget."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Black Abyss Milk Factory

"Because you called, obviously." Mina retorts as she heads towards the factory. She can handle the zombies even better if she can funnel them towards her one at a time.

Mina's Place

"I said it was hard to remember, not that I forgot. It's because there were timeline created and stuff got messed with. Events were added, I got a little taller, and Sai had suddenly spent a hundred years as a mortal. It's hard to get the events straight to be honest." The interview almost doesn't seem real since it didn't happen at all in the original timeline and Mina simply remembered it having happened.
Morty
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Groundtown]

The goblins will try to find a building where they can install themselves on the top floor, with a good vantage point of the area. An abandoned one, hopefully, though they'll negotiate with the inhabitants if need be.

"I doubt this creature will be fooled by a dummy, and using live bait is too risky," Olvisin says. "We might need to be patient and keep an eye on things. Scout the area, too. Maybe set up some cameras."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

"Did I?" Not every mecha-zombie is getting up to follow Mina either, only a trio. The stragglers still functioning have to stay outside to make sure no other ne'er do'wells show up to Raven's schemes.

"I think you're reading into things. I think you're lonely and you missed me~. Well, not to worry. Sacrifice yourself to these gentlemen and you'll not want for company ever again. Your zombified corpse would make an excellent left hand." Right hand's taken.

The gentlemen in question are the four mecha-zombies within the front office lobby. These seem to be different on account of the weapons that are duct taped to their arms, sparking dangerously and extending their reach. Cattle prods, set to maximum output. One of them lunges at Mina, weapon outstretched while the other three circle around carefully.
► SHOW SPOILER