Skyside Prime

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Re: Skyside Prime

Post by quillpleasant »

Cloudtop Heist

"Yeah... escape route. Right." Atya stares unfocused at Mogzoku as he tags the vault door. Kinda cool.

Then there's the distant boom of the explosion going off, a crack of thunder that seems to bring her back to her senses. She grimaces, clicking some dials on her chemical thrower.

"Well if I'm being honest, my plan was to find something in the vault that could teleport us or something. I mean, they have all kinds of things, so there's probably something that could have helped somehow. But now... now we have to improvise." She kicks at one of the party hats. "These guys have a really short range, so that's not gonna work. Unless... maybe if we can find a strong power source, like an electric line, we can surge them and temporarily increase the distance."

So she went in without a fully formed plan, thereby putting the entire team in danger? Unbelievable.

"Yeah, I'm gonna... I'm gonna try to melt through the wall until I find something like that. You two, cover me." She raises the thrower, aiming it at the wall, and releases a stream of clear liquid. As it hits the metal, there's an acrid hissing as a hole is melted in it, slowly widening as more of the acid eats away at it.

It's at this point that a voice echoes through the room, coming over the loudspeaker. "Intruders have been detected in storage vault A. All units converge on that location immediately. I repeat, all units converge on vault A."

Well, things could be worse. There could be-

A loud, repeated banging from the vault door. The metal buckles, as something huge punches away at it from inside. It seems Reinholdt is right about the dramatic return of the vault guardian, because he's coming through in short order. And, worst of all, he might destroy Mogzoku's tag in the process.

"Come on, through here!" calls Atya. She's melted a steaming tunnel to another room and is already walking through, taking care not to step in the puddles of hissing acid that cover the floor.
horses can attack and eat me

Tags:
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Cloudtop Heist]

Reinholdt chews his lip, holding back some choice words, from complimenting Goemog's tag to asking Atya what the hell. There was flying by the seat of your pants and then there was gross negligence. Now the plan was to rely on magic portal hats being surged through in a freak accident? Rein's starting to understand why Mogzoku is so afraid of magic. Rein grabs a party hat just in case.

"Sure. Sure..." Reinholdt gingerly steps after Atya but waits for the moogle to fly in as well. He pulls out a grenade and withdraws the pin, tossing it back through the hole they just went through and repeats the process with a second one. Instead of exploding the start to rapidly fill the area with smoke. If the vault monster and security can't see there's a hole in the wall, they're not likely to look for one, running straight for the vault or for the exit. Buy them at least the time it takes for the smoke to clear and the ruse revealed since the cameras out to be down. Rein hopes.

He doesn't linger long enough to make sure.
► SHOW SPOILER
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

[Cloudtop Heist]

Right, an army of security would reduce Mogzoku to ashes if they caught him here. His one hope is the fact that he flies faster than he walks, and being above the eye level of the guards would give him a few seconds while they process that. Taking a moment to sigh as the metal door begins banging, he flutters up towards the ceiling and swoops into the hole made by Atya, drawing his pistol as he keeps an eye out for approaching hostiles.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Cloudtop Heist

To be fair, trusting Atya of all people to come up with a reasonable plan was perhaps not the wisest choice. But luckily it's being taken in stride, as the grenades cover their retreat, filling the room in seconds. The muffled boom of the vault guardian fades into the background as they make their way through the tunnel.

They seem to be just above a large metal catwalk that extends around the edge of this room, a huge area about a hundred feet square. Bridges extend out from the catwalk to the center of the room, where a huge glass tube hangs down from the ceiling, containing a floating triple helix made of glowing violet stone. A control panel is built around the base of the tube, buttons and dials monitoring or controlling it in some way.

Circular metal staircases in each corner of the room lead down into a hazy darkness below, and the whole room is filled with a thick, humid steam that smells sharply of ammonia.

Unfortunately, the room isn't uninhabited. Three scientists in white hazmat suits stand around the tube, conversing amongst themselves as they consult a clipboard. Standing off to one side are two security personnel, wearing heavy body armor, helmets, and armed with futuristic looking assault rifles. These guys clearly mean business, and as the trio enter the room they look up in alarm, bringing up their guns.

Atya brings up her chemical thrower, releasing a spray of acid that splatters one of the guards, melting through his armor and sending him reeling backward, falling off the railing with a scream. The other backs away, crouching down as he releases a burst of gunfire in the heister's direction. The steam from below stops it from being too accurate, but that's still a lot of bullets.

Meanwhile, the three scientists crouch behind the control panel for cover.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Cloudtop Heist]

The scientists have the right idea, but Rein can't say there's any nearby cover on these dangerously exposed catwalks. Running for a stairwell is crazy, lying down on the catwalk is just stalling for time and shooting back would work better if Rein had a weapon in hand already.

Nothing to it but to push forward, one hand grabbing the rail as the rest of his body lifts up with a 'Hup!' and swings over the safety device to plunge into the darkness below. The stairs at least suggest the lower part of the room is meant to be accessed for some reason or another. Or maybe he just feels threatened by Atya and wants an even crazier plan than hers. There is... there is a plan, right? Surely not just finding out if his bones will shatter at this height or if acid will kill him? Of course there's a plan!

It's listening for that other guard hitting the ground or liquid a moment before him and reacting accordingly at the last possible second. Might be hard over the gunfire though. It's not a great plan.
► SHOW SPOILER
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Cloudtop Heist]

With the threat of being shot at at the forefront of his mind, Goemog doesn't even notice when Reinholdt jumps off the catwalk. For his part, Mogzoku's own plan is to just hope he doesn't get hit as he steadies his own aim, making quick mental calculations to line up the most accurate shot possible at any gap in the armor, most likely at the neck if its vulnerable.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Cloudtop Heist

Reinholdt has but a moment to process the sound of the fallen guard's body hitting something with a wet thud before he's jumping down into the steamy darkness. Luckily for him, it's not too far, just about a ten foot fall, and there's a soft landing!

The downside is that the soft landing is flesh. A strange organic growth covers the bottom of the chamber, lit weirdly by the diffuse violet glow of the tube, which extends down to this level. Peering through the fog, it becomes apparent that this growth is about half a fuzzy purple fungus or moss, and half human bodies, melded and twisted unnaturally together. They seem to be gathered around the tube, as if worshiping the stone within, and the moss joins them into a solid mass.

A couple yards away, the unlucky guard is still dissolving, acid dripping from his body. The meat moss writhes away from the hissing liquid, twitching as if it's still alive. And who's to say it's not? At least Reinholdt seems to be safe here, as the moss doesn't react to his presence and the enemies above are occupied. But the mist swirls into strange eddies around him, seeming almost to reach out with ghostly fingers.

With Reinholdt gone, the second guard focuses on the remaining targets, and Atya is the one with the scary chemical gun. A burst of automatic fire tears through her, and the elf collapses on the catwalk in a spray of blood. Looking around through the fog for anyone else, the guard completely misses the moogle. A fatal error, as Mogzoku's own shot hits the side of his neck, just under the bulky helmet. The guard staggers back, holding a hand to the wound before falling backwards, rattling the metal walkway.

One of the scientists darts forward, struggling to wrench the rifle free of the dying guard's grip. That's probably important to stop. The other two, deciding that discretion is the better part of valor, take the opportunity to flee, sprinting off towards the door on the opposite catwalk bridge.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Cloudtop Heist]

Oh. Eww. Ewwww. This is way worse than Reinholdt was expecting. He didn't have to get fancy to dodge the landing, but he wish he had. Rein's going to bat away the steam eddies, as if that would somehow help and hurriedly make his way towards the corner of the room. The less time his boots touch whatever this is, the better. He retreats to the cold comfort of the metal stairs and begins picking his way up them quietly so that he can reassess the situation above the steam and maybe not get shot at it in the process.
► SHOW SPOILER
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Cloudtop Heist]

Of course, its only natural to take the weapons off a dead body, Mogzoku thinking the same thing. He quickly swoops down to where the fallen guard lie, staying alert while he lowers himself to the rifle and places a paw on it. "Hey, buddy, take it easy," he says gingerly, "That guard needs medical attention. He'll die if you try to stop us from escaping."
Last edited by [brackets lover] on Dec 22, 2023 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Cloudtop Heist

There's nothing stopping Reinholdt from leaving, save for a chain that bars the way up the stairs. It's easy enough to just step over it, which begs the question of why it's there at all.

However, as his hand swirls through the mist, there's a strange sensation of coldness, and he can almost imagine that he hears a voice in his head. It seems to be saying something like "The hat plan won't work. But if you break me out of the glass prison they have me in, then I'll bring you all out of here safely. No strings attached."

Is the voice coming from the weird purple helix inside the glass tube? Or is it just his imagination? Only one way to find out.

Meanwhile, the scientist scrambles back as Mogzoku swoops in, his breath echoing in the hazmat suit. He grabs a walkie talkie from his belt, frantically pressing buttons.

"Come in 12, the intruders are in the chrysalis chamber! 12, do you read me?" He continues backing away, holding a hand palm up towards Mogzoku as if trying to ward off a threatening animal.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Cloudtop Heist]

Seeing as the scientist backs up from the assault rifle, Mogzoku puts his all into it and attempts to lift the gun up himself, flying over the ledge with it in his hands. "Hey, Rein, if you're still alive, i've got something for you!" he shouts, letting go of the assault rifle and letting it plummet to the ground below.

Then there's the matter of the scientist calling for backup, which Mogzoku doesn't seem too bothered by. "12..." he repeats somberly, "Hey, who is 12? I'm curious."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Cloudtop Heist]

"Uh-huh..." Reinholdt was contemplating whether to break the glass or not already. After all, breaking it could considerably slow down any pursuers. And if an evil scientist organization wants this thing, is it not better free? But then, what if they were containing something truly terrible? Studying the bodies and fungus rather than feeding it? The voice in Rein's head makes the decision easy for him.

Not a chance. Is it serious? No freaking way! Rein'll figure something else out, even if it cos- "What? Wai-!" Reinholdt's conviction to absolutely under no circumstances break the glass is disrupted by a falling assault rifle that he reaches out to catch. Not cleanly. It was an unexpected gift and much fumbling and near drops ensue. By the time he successfully has a full handle on the rifle, it's gone off on it's own multiple times, firing several bullets directly into the glass tube containing the violet stone helix. Probably shattering it and freeing the horribly monstrosity within.

"SHIT! I mean... I-I meant to do that." Reinholdt swallows nervously and shifts the rifle to one hand, continuing up the stairs to run over to Atya and help her up again. Just cause she can die a lot, doesn't mean she should keep doing it!
► SHOW SPOILER
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Cloudtop Heist

Remember, the first rule of proper gun safety is to have fun and be yourself.

When the surprised Reinholdt peppers the tube, it doesn't immediately shatter. The glass seems to be quite tough, if not actually bulletproof. While most of the bullets just chip the surface, at least a couple lodge in it, sending hairline cracks through the side. Cracks through which that eerie purple light begins to shine. Snap.

Up top, the scientist ducks at the sound of gunshots, before wildly looking around to assess the damage. Seeing the splintering tube, he runs over to the control panel, frantically flicking switches, ignoring Mogzoku entirely as he speaks into the walkie talkie. "Come in 12! The chrysalis is breached!"

Crackle. The glass tube shudders.

Atya is already trying to get to her feet when Reinholdt reaches her, but very unsteadily. Her wounds are glowing orange as they regenerate, but she's still covered in blood and missing an eye. Leaning on him for support, she coughs, spitting out a couple bullets onto the walkway before unsteadily raising her chemical thrower.

"12 is the monster who ruined my life," she hisses in response to Mogzoku's question, trying to aim at the scientist. She's still too wounded however, and she can't hold her arm steady enough to safely use the weapon.

Pop.

And just like that, the glass tube shatters, turning the room violet in an instant. The stone helix rises into the air, warping and twisting in around itself in an impossible serpentine motion. The scientist screams, stumbling back, as the light becomes brighter and brighter until it's the only thing visible in the room.

The trio hear a voice that's not a voice, just the suggestion of one in their heads. "Thank you for freeing me, whether you wanted to or not. Now I will keep my end of the bargain. Go, and may the stars smile on you."

And then, without the sensation of movement, without any warning at all, they're all standing on the roof of the building where they started out. No scientist, no weird light, no vault guardian bursting through the wall. Just fresh cold air on their faces.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Cloudtop Heist]

Well those cracks in the glass are concerning, but maybe there's still time to- no, no. It's getting worse. Reinholdt glances back towards the hole they initially made, wondering if perhaps taking their chances with Plastic-Like Man might be preferable.

His decision is made for him and Reinholdt winces at the bright violet light preventing him from seeing, well, anything else. He-
And then, rooftop.
Reinholdt blinks, once, twice, several times to try and see again. Right. He hadn't missed teleportation in general. And this was even more sudden. Skipped the stomach churning arcane energies and just... rewrote reality? Was that stone a star? If the stars were smiling on them, wouldn't it mean Asami thought of some way to bully them?

Rein can't even begin to guess. "Is... is everyone ok?"
► SHOW SPOILER
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Cloudtop Heist]

Regretfully, Mogzoku moves to dispatch the scientist. But, before he has a chance to process what's happening, they're all left standing high above the city. He gets his bearings, confirming they've escaped while Reinholdt inquires as to their safety.

"I'm unharmed, kupo. What about you, Atya?" asks Mogzoku out of concern.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Cloudtop Heist

Atya gives a weak thumbs up as the last bullet is expelled from her chest and her wounded eye begins to regenerate, taking on a molten glow. "I'll be good as new in a few minutes," she confirms. Really, she's just glad the others aren't hurt. All told, things could have gone a lot worse.

There's a distant boom, and looking in the direction of the distant tower, a plume of smoke is visible over the skyline. It seems that between the control room detonation and the helix release, there's some major destruction going on there, although it's too far away to tell. Atya squints at it as her eye fully reforms.

"Good riddance," she mutters. Then, everything seems to catch up to her at once and she looks between Reinholdt and Mogzoku with a stupid grin on her face. "Hey! We did it! We walked in right under their noses, got B32, and blew their shit up. We actually did it!" Laughing manically, she lunges at Reinholdt to plant a fierce kiss on his lips before immediately turning to Mogzoku, attempting to scoop the moogle up into a hug.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Cloudtop Heist]

The kiss may daze Reinholdt after it's completed, but that doesn't stop him from returning it. His cheeks are a bit bright though, but it's probably just the glow of Atya's eye.

"Well, you wanted to take them down. iii surely won't recover from this costly disaster." This is the last they've seen of Nearly-Plastic Man, Triple Helix, 12, and the Guard who was Suspicious at the very beginning. Especially the Guard who was Suspicious. Screw that guy.

"Good work everyone. We should still leave sooner rather than later though. Celebrate at the tavern?"
► SHOW SPOILER
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Cloudtop Heist]

Mogzoku would blush too, but, furry critter that he is this wouldn't be quite as visible as it would be on a human.

Assuming he gets released eventually, he flutters up a bit in preparation to leave. "I should drop off the stuff I looted at my hideout first, kupo," he says responsibly. Before taking off, however, he looks to Atya to see if she has anything left to say first.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Cloudtop Heist

Atya bursts into laughter at Reinholdt's statement. "Oh, I wish- this is just an outpost to iii, they're spread all over the multiverse. And I doubt the damage we've done is much more than a setback, even for this branch." She shrugs, unperturbed. "But it's a start, and a victory for now. Plus, now I can try to make a cure for B32, which is more important than revenge."

Distant sirens can be heard, and Atya gives a nod of agreement to the two. "Yes, let's split for now- but meet me back at the Den tonight. We've got a lot to celebrate!" Giving Mogzoku a wave, she turns to Reinholdt, holding out a hand. "I almost forgot- you do have B32 right? I'll be taking that now."

Unless he dropped it, which would admittedly be very funny. But mostly devastating.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Cloudtop Heist]

"Makes sense I suppose. If there's a 12, there's bound to be an 11, a 1 and each in between." Each one labeled for how effective at being horrible they are. Scary then, that 12 is the baseline.

Rein presumes.

Reinholdt dropped the B32. In his hammerspace. More of a deposit really. He makes a withdraw and pulls out the box, handing it over to Atya. "Looks like it needs to be refrigerated. I don't know how long the box's battery will last." Or whatever's keeping it cool. Could be an ice crystal. A mini ice elemental. Magical santa power. Who knows what depths iii will stoop to chill their drinks?

He gives a wave to Mogzoku and remembers at the last second to return Atya's clothes as well before he also heads off.
► SHOW SPOILER
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Thunderhead Rescue

All of Skyside is dangerous, but the warehouse district of Thunderhead is perhaps the worst place for the unprepared. There's the standard criminals, the organ harvesters, the mad scientists- and those are the nice ones. It's certainly not a place to go unless you know what you're doing.

And it's certainly not a good place for a nice mycoid lady, but that hasn't stopped Lia from coming here nonetheless. The trip up was as harrowing as she remembered- being this far from the ground is terrifying to her, and the rickety elevator was even worse than last time. Still, once in Skyside, she can at least pretend to be on solid ground.

It's also the first mission that this particular Lia is undertaking, so she's quite determined to see it through. And, just like the others of her kind, this Lia is quite unique in appearance. Her mushroom cap is wavy and upturned, a pale pink in color. Her dress is a similar shade, long and flowing, with tasteful ruffled sleeves. Wide blue eyes stare out from a delicate face that is currently marred with an expression of disgust and fear.

The reason for her distress is not any of the usual threats of Thunderhead, but something altogether stranger and more horrible. Three malformed beasts are menacing Lia. Black furred and arachnoid, with a tangle of bristly black legs, they look somewhat like giant mutated spiders about the size of large dogs- but their heads resemble rabbits, long antenna ears sprouting from rodent-like faces with eyes that glint green with hunger. They're hunting together, spreading out to surround her, scuttling back and forth on their many legs as they release shrill barks to coordinate their attack.

Lia is busy drawing up a cloud of spores to protect herself, but with enemies coming from three directions, the moment she goes for one of them she'll leave herself vulnerable. If there were ever a time for a mysterious do gooder to show up, this is it.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Thunderhead Rescue

There is a glint of silvery light from the top of a nearby building. The light flares as it drops to the ground in the form of a large green-scaled dragon-person in shining armor. His breastplate looks like it's somehow crafted from an enormous scale while his bracers and shin-guards seem to be more standard (but very shiny) metal. Aside from the metal plates he is wearing a sturdy padded coat, a shoulder bag, and a pair of flight goggles. And of course, a sheathe at his belt.

In one hand he's holding a sword, the likely partner of that sheathe. And in the other, a strange wooden wand with two branches off the main body, each with a number of ribbons trailing off of it somehow akin to locks. The source of the light from earlier reveals itself as a glowing emblem on the armor that fades to a more manageable level as he slowly touches down to the ground thanks to his wings.

"If you speak the tongues of good folk I beseech you- back the hell off." growls the dragon-qilin at the mutants who presumably do not speak the tongues of anything besides their own barking. As such, the knight advances with his sword.
"Stand back, Miss." he adds, giving Lia a quick look and a reassuring smile. His long mustache-tendrils somehow don't get whipped around in the Skyside wind.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Thunderhead Rescue

Lia shades her eyes as the heroic figure lands. A dragon- no, a knight- both? She hadn't known such a thing was possible. Based on the books she's read, knights and dragons are natural enemies, like fire and ice. But she's certainly not going to worry too much about that, not when there are still monsters menacing them.

"Watch out, good sir!" she calls out, backing away as the spiderabbits turn, barking menacingly as their attention is drawn by this more formidable foe. They show no sign of understanding his warning, but his size and weaponry gives them pause. They circle closer before two of them charge, the third keeping back to observe.

One of the horrors goes right for his legs, stabbing with spearlike limbs. The other leaps directly for him, sharp buckteeth bared to sink into his neck. A deadly attack certainly- can he live up to the grand entrance he's made?
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Thunderhead Rescue

G'nichi opens his mouth in silent agony as he's pierced in multiple places and- vanishes into nothing?

The real G'nichi, who was about ten feet off to the side appears, holding his wand pointed at where the illusory double was. Little streams of green gas leak from his nostrils and ignite like pilot lights, and he breathes a jet of flames directly at the two spiders that were harassing his double.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Thunderhead Rescue

The spiderabbits hiss in confusion as their prey vanishes. They're cunning, but an illusion is entirely out of the realm of their understanding. Still sniffing the air where G'nichi's double disappeared, they're both caught in his firebreath, their tarry legs catching like dead wood. With a sound like a balloon slowly letting out air they collapse, twitching and burning.

The third one must be cannier than its companions. Not only did it hang back, but it's zeroed in on the real adversary, backing away and waving its forelegs menacingly. With a warning bark, it turns- and charges for Lia. Standing by and watching the combat, the mycoid had paused in her sporeweaving, and her eyes widen in alarm at the sudden attack. She stumbles back as the arachnid beast lunges, with only moments to spare before it tears into her.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Thunderhead Rescue

G'nichi waves the wand and a large brick wall appears between Lia and the spider. It's an illusion, but the Wand's illusions are quite solid when people believe they're real. And his experience, animals are often too dense to even consider the sudden presence of something that wasn't there before.

With that hopefully buying G'nichi a few seconds, he has time to charge forward and attempt to ram his sword into the spider-monster's face.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Thunderhead Rescue

The spiderabbit crashes headlong into the wall, spitting and scratching angrily at it. Not to be deterred, it begins to scrabble up the side- only for G'nichi's sword to pierce cleanly through the base of its skull. The thing's legs curl up as its twitching ceases. A victory!

Lia steps around the wall, looking nervously at the fallen monsters. Seeing that they are indeed dead, she hurries over to the draconic swordsman.

"Brave knight, I owe thee my life! Thy skill and bravery are truly worthy of song. However can I repay thee?" She stares into space, suddenly lost in introspection. "Hm. So that's what it's like to be rescued. I rather enjoy it."

Then her eyes focus and she gasps in horror. "O me! The fiends do not expire!"

Indeed, the scorched spiderabbits are glowing with an inner orange light, the flames dying as their bodies begin to regenerate the damage. Slowly standing up, they click their teeth menacingly. The one that was just stabbed twitches slightly. It seems these beasts are not so easily put down.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Thunderhead Rescue

G'nichi turns to Lia, doing his best to remain serious but he simply cannot help himself at her praise. He smiles just a little bit, his posture shifting just enough to be close to posing.
"I don't make people pay for my aid, as- oh dear." G'nichi sees the monsters' bodies glowing and performs the most traditional means of getting rid of a tenacious spider. He sticks his wand into his belt and his sword into its sheath, grabs a nearby trash can, and slams it down on the regenerating spider-creature, grabbing another one to do the same onto the second. Maybe they won't regenerate when there's something heavy sitting on top of them?
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Thunderhead Rescue

The trash cans do seem to contain the spiderabbits- but without a way to keep them held down, the things will undoubtedly burst out when G'nichi releases them. Meanwhile, the third spider has nearly recovered from the stabbing, its wound glowing like molten metal as it closes up.

Lia breaths out a puff of dusty red spores over it, and the creature's struggles slow, its eyes blinking woozily. However, it's still not dead, and the mycoid hurries over to G'nichi.

"Verily, these beasts cling to the mortal coil! Perhaps we should abscond? But to where can they not follow?" She wrings her hands, looking around the street. It's mostly empty at the moment, as any passersby quickly went on their way upon catching a glimpse of the spiderabbits. Running would come down to whether two legs are better than eight.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Thunderhead Rescue

"Our best bet is to probably just find a business with a nice reinforced door and willingness to take a couple strangers. Which around here, is anyone with money." G'nichi ties to lead the mushroom-person down the road, slipping his wand from his belt to conjure another illusory wall covered in barbed wire. It might buy them a few seconds as the creatures chase after them.

Now, their best bet is to find a well-defended factory and bribe their way into getting the guards' help. Maybe a nice grenade will be enough to put the things down. These are one group of opponents G'nichi wouldn't mind having Bell for.