Skyside Prime

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Skyside Prime

Post by Earl of Purple »

Extraction Plan- CD

Magoo screams when she's shot in the leg, collapsing and sobbing in pain. Fifi freezes, eyes widening and she gulps, but she stays still. Her face is calm, if a little shocked, but her tail is writhing uncertainly. She doesn't move to help Magoo, figuring he's testing her ability not to intervene on someone she's sympathetic for, but... it's tricky.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.

Tags:
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Extraction Plan: CD]
Reinholdt wrote: Aug 31, 2022 7:03 am [Extraction Plan: CD]

Rein is predicting Diva is setting a trap for him by disappearing, planning on him coming out and catching him unawares. He's not going to fall for it!

He doesn't predict that the trap comes next. The cat starts when the toolbox comes down. That devious little Diva. She's kinda hot. But right now, she's really getting in the way of his mission. It's a good thing it's a longer term one that doesn't have to be accomplished today. Though the sooner the better.

Right now, Rein just has to push a toolbox out of the way! And... push... ugh... this thing's heavy. RRRRRNNNGH! Ok. Sure, Rein's always had strength as his dump stat, but no one's ever actually used it against him before! This is extremely and totally unfair. He may be able to use tools to leverage the toolbox out of the way, but that would give him away so quickly if anyone spotted a cat using a makeshift lever.

Well... he's just going to have to give the most pitiful, helpless meows he can muster. The kind that distresses humans that can't find the source. And keep at it for at least a few minutes.
Who needs Strength when you have Charisma?

Rein only has to mew for a few minutes before the toolbox finally moves to the side, courtesy of a multi-armed, spidery-looking man that looks down at the cat with eight beady little eyes and lets out a chittering sigh. "Bebe really needs to take better care of her animals." He grumbles. "Go on, then. Get out of here. Shoo. Get."

Meanwhile, Bebe herself is over by an open window, staring out of it, chin propped on her hand. Diva is nowhere to be seen.
Earl of Purple wrote: Aug 31, 2022 9:05 pm Extraction Plan- CD

Magoo screams when she's shot in the leg, collapsing and sobbing in pain. Fifi freezes, eyes widening and she gulps, but she stays still. Her face is calm, if a little shocked, but her tail is writhing uncertainly. She doesn't move to help Magoo, figuring he's testing her ability not to intervene on someone she's sympathetic for, but... it's tricky.
"You see?" Klaus casually steps over the crying meerkat girl like a novelty carpet. "It's one thing to claim you can keep a straight face while people you like are being brutalized. You're going to be seeing a lot of this on your assignment, Fifi." He gives her a rueful smile and presses the pistol into her hands. "But the job is only half done. Shoot her other leg."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

Reinholdt takes a moment to rub against spider-man's legs, purring his thank you before actually shooing.

Alright, there's Bebe. Diva has been disposed of hopefully. Rein will immediately hop into Bebe's lap and start settling. Things are too hot right now to make a move and ingratiating himself with some purrs would-

Rein's head snaps up and looks in the direction of the office. Was that a gunshot?!
► SHOW SPOILER
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

bc56 wrote: Aug 29, 2022 7:36 pm Arkant Factory
Sekhmet observes with interest. "What prompted you to change from surgery to household goods?" She doesn't think menial labor would be very appealing to her subjects, but she keeps that to herself for now.
(She doesn't know nearly enough about workplace safety to realize that this isn't safe, so long as there are no accidents while she's watching)
Arkant Factory

"Only the need of the people to work." Arkant replies. "Skyside has a lot of people but most of them live in slavery or in fear of that. To change that it needs something. The factorys give them jobs and also gives them shelter. Either by having money to pay or just protection from abduction. So the firms finance themself."

Maybe I misspelled it but the workplaces are safe as in the you can barly have an accident here. it just misses comfort which might lead people to quit early.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Extraction Plan: CD

I don't know how loud the gun is; Klaus has previously used helium-powered airguns created by his HotBox matter converter and 3D printer. Regardless, Reinholdt gets to hear it again as Fifi takes the gun, inhales deeply and points it at Magoo. It takes both hands to steady it, but the catgirl does shoot her friend in her other, unshot leg. "I rather think I can do this job, Klaus." There's quite thick emotion in her voice; sadness and disgust with herself that she's willing to go this far for an actual psychopath, but... his aims are to end slavery, or so he says, and Fifi hasn't seen anything that'd make her doubt that.

Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Reim would be right to question if he heard a gunshot. While it certainly has the abrupt pop of a bullet being launched out of a gun, there's no crackle of incendiary components being ignited, and the sound seems to be incredibly muted; anyone with less acute hearing than Rein couldn't be expected to hear it at all, much less over the bustle of activity in the adjoining room. It certainly explains why nobody else seems to react to it.

Klaus gives Fifi a grim little nod and reclaims the gun. "Very good." He says, kneeling down next to Magoo and producing a pocket knife, indelicately incising into the wounds further to remove the bullets. Once that's done, he'll be treating both injuries with topical gel, which conveniently not only seals up the gunshot wounds, but masks the scent of blood with a pleasant, minty aroma.

Not that that's going to do Magoo's psyche much good.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Zefir wrote: Sep 03, 2022 4:15 pm Arkant Factory

"Only the need of the people to work." Arkant replies. "Skyside has a lot of people but most of them live in slavery or in fear of that. To change that it needs something. The factorys give them jobs and also gives them shelter. Either by having money to pay or just protection from abduction. So the firms finance themself."

Maybe I misspelled it but the workplaces are safe as in the you can barly have an accident here. it just misses comfort which might lead people to quit early.
Arkant Factory
Sekhmet nods. "I have seen how bad it is before. What you are doing here is certainly worthwhile." She clearly appreciates his efforts, but what she's seen so far doesn't answer the question she came here for. "I'm not sure my people would want to work on an assembly line," she comments. Many of her demonic servants style themselves as nobility. They would see menial labor as below them.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

Well hearing always was one of the biggest advantages his original form had over his humanoid sell out. Even still, Reinholdt questions if he's not mistaken until the second pop. Now he's certain. Gunshots are rarely lone, no matter what pulp fiction writers would sell to you. Still, what was he going to do? Burst out screaming that those two that followed into Klaus' office had just been murdered? People would just spend the next ten minutes questioning Rein instead of stopping Klaus.

He hates it, but he's just going to have to let things play out for now. He slowly lowers his attentive head until it's resting on his paws and half-sleeps and waits. Focus on recovering his energy for now.
► SHOW SPOILER
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Arkant Factory

"You might need to get some into it." Arkant replies. He sights. "You already told me that your people aren't this kind of worker and i ran my thoughts over it. This cooperation is all about making a better reputation. It would be easier if we get them into each level. If we only get them for office jobs or maybe leading positions people might need a lot more time to accept it. If they work with them it's much easier to include them."

He will then go on, walking down the path that after some time leads outside. There he will head for another building which looks like another factory, but the inside is different. It appears like an office building was made inside a factory. Instead of the high halls are floors with offices. between the entrance and the office is a bit of space so you can see the different office.

"This is our office. we have salesman as well as marketing and HR. Your people might wanna join marketing, which is a branch we haven't invested much. Our brands sell well even with a minimum of advertising, but our more inovativ products don't sale."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Magoo grimaces and yelps as the bullets are pulled from her legs, but doesn't struggle. She sighs as the gel is applied, working on mending the injuries and numbing the pain. She sobs as it goes through.

Fifi, meanwhile, has a question. "What... what would have happened if Magoo thought she was up for the mission as well?" Of course, if that had been the case, this would likely have been two conversations, not one.

Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

"She didn't. At least she didn't last time we talked." Klaus replies casually, tapping a small device to Magoo's leg wounds that causes the gel to evaporate into fine green smoke. "If she'd somehow changed her mind between yesterday and today, I simply would have had her go first. That would serve as an object lesson for you if she succeeded and a more effective test if she failed." He smiles a bit. "It's a fair bit easier to shoot someone who has already shot you, and conversely much harder to shoot someone who had the opportunity and refused it."

"But, that's enough about hypotheticals for now." Klaus opens his desk drawer and produces a bottle of stain remover, spritzing the carpet where Magoo's legs had been. "The important thing is, you passed. You're cleared for undercover work. And of course..." He gives Magoo a little pat on the shoulder. "No hard feelings."

-

It could be a little while longer before Klaus is done in his office, but Rein will at least have the other SINners keeping him company. Most of them only for a few seconds at a time, granted, just long enough to give him a pat on the head, a quick scritch behind the ears, a mumbled "good kitty", or some combination thereof.

But before too much longer, there'll be a familiar mew-growl from behind him. Less aggressive than before; more "you're in my spot" than "you're not welcome around here".

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

Reinholdt will do his best to catalogue the other members. Gauging their apparent readiness to react in a crisis, their abilities, their experience.
Granted, there's only so much you can learn by looking at someone. Especially how they react when something big's going down. But you can still learn a decent amount. Enough to get a broad overview. Maybe.

It does require him to purr and roll over to show off his belly to the petters. Which may or may not be a trap.

Diva. She doesn't know when to just give up and disappear forever into obscurity, does she? Well Rein just low growls back. He's on a super important mission for the government and right now that mission involves declaring eminent domain over this spot and sleeping on it. He isn't moving.
► SHOW SPOILER
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

"You are a massive, throbbing arsehole bastard, Klaus." Magoo's still shivering in shock from the pain of being shot and then having the bullets gouged out so unceremoniously. Somehow, I don't think she's agreeing with the 'no hard feelings' thing.

Fifi just nods in understanding, before reaching down to help Magoo back up.

In the rest of the room, Sammi is going to head towards a window. She's a squirrel-girl, with a bushy red tail and furry ears, red hair and quite pale skin. She's also blind, with a blank expanse of skin growing over her eyes, which looks quite creepy and odd given she's still got eyebrows. Depending on if Reinholdt's in sun, she might bump into him or else nearly trip over Diva.

bc56

Post by bc56 »

Arkant Factory
"I understand that, but I won't dictate what work they take. I can present them with the opportunities, but I can't guarantee any will accept. That's why I needed to know what options were available." Sekhmet nods approvingly at the offices.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Reinholdt wrote: Sep 07, 2022 6:55 am [Extraction Plan: CD]

Reinholdt will do his best to catalogue the other members. Gauging their apparent readiness to react in a crisis, their abilities, their experience.
Granted, there's only so much you can learn by looking at someone. Especially how they react when something big's going down. But you can still learn a decent amount. Enough to get a broad overview. Maybe.

It does require him to purr and roll over to show off his belly to the petters. Which may or may not be a trap.

Diva. She doesn't know when to just give up and disappear forever into obscurity, does she? Well Rein just low growls back. He's on a super important mission for the government and right now that mission involves declaring eminent domain over this spot and sleeping on it. He isn't moving.
Earl of Purple wrote: Sep 07, 2022 9:36 pm Extraction Plan: CD

"You are a massive, throbbing arsehole bastard, Klaus." Magoo's still shivering in shock from the pain of being shot and then having the bullets gouged out so unceremoniously. Somehow, I don't think she's agreeing with the 'no hard feelings' thing.

Fifi just nods in understanding, before reaching down to help Magoo back up.

In the rest of the room, Sammi is going to head towards a window. She's a squirrel-girl, with a bushy red tail and furry ears, red hair and quite pale skin. She's also blind, with a blank expanse of skin growing over her eyes, which looks quite creepy and odd given she's still got eyebrows. Depending on if Reinholdt's in sun, she might bump into him or else nearly trip over Diva.

Klaus gives a little nod. "True." He says blithely. "But that is hardly news, is it?" He gives them both a little smile, before flicking his gaze down to where Magoo's injuries had been. "...If it helps, I happen to know a trick for shrugging off the pain of bullet wounds. Or any pain, for that matter, but bullets are where it always seemed most applicable." He takes a seat at his desk and gestures at both women. "Tell me, Magoo, what do you most want to do this moment, other than shoot the nearest throbbing areshole bastard?"

Diva, meanwhile, politely complies with Rein's request and sashays right past him, loudly mewing so Sammi can find her without any problems. Fine. She can let him stay here for a minute. Especially if it's right here, in the spot where Sammi would have to stand to pat her. And she's really just begging to be pat. Sammi's always been her best friend, right? As of thirty seconds ago or so? She's not going to bite or scratch or anything this time. Really.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Arkant Factory

Well, that in general will be the tour. Arkant will take her along which will likly just repeat. Most Factories are just production lines. Canned Food, kitchen Tools and some high end electronics like TVs or other things. There is even a part for software development as it seems Arkant has noticed that a software might increase productivity.

If no other questions rise up he will lead her back to his office the surgery. Thought it looks just like an office from a lawyer or something. You know the closets full of books and some certificates hanging around. Thought some aren't rlated to the nexus.

"Well, what do you say so far?"
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Extraction Plan- CD

"Who said I wanted to shoot you? I want to whack you in the head, drag you to the edge and throw you off the side." OK, slightly more extreme than just shooting. She'll sit down and rub gently at her recently-healed injuries, investigating for scarring or lingering pain. "I am interested in that trick, though. Fifi probably is, too, given... given what she's going to be doing." Always a risk of being shot when you're a grunt for the Guild, especially if one of the more active abolitionist movements think you're a traitor as well.
Fifi just nods; she's hoping not to get shot, but it's very much a possibility.

Sammi frowns as she hears Diva's mewling, and moves closer. "You're going to be a good cat aren't you, and not scratch because I disturbed you, right? You're really well named." She's probably going to stand on Reinholdt if he doesn't move, and if he doesn't, she'll adjust backwards and stumble because she's being quite careful about foot placement. Diva's taught Sammi to be careful about where she puts her feet, with scratches, bites and occasionally half-dead rodents.

Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

Reinholdt will move because getting stepped on is quite terrible. Though in the process of doing so, he darts by Diva and growl hisses at her with a full on drive by scratching, claws out. This petty bitch won't be so calm when she's bleeding a little. Though it is a hit and run attempt.

If Rein miraculously gets away before this escalates wildly into a full blown catfight, he'll reposition himself somewhere in the safehouse far away from Diva. This entire place can't be hers. He's seen other cats here too! Maybe he can get by that office door this time, where he wanted to be in the first place.
► SHOW SPOILER
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

"While I will except the semantic difference, I'm afraid that rather goes against the spirit of the question." Klaus waves his hand dismissively. "It doesn't matter. Whatever it is you'd like to be doing instead, put it first and foremost in your mind. Get yourself set up to do it. Stand up. Walk toward the door. Have your destination in mind. Think of what you're going to do the moment you get there. Plan it out, even. As exhaustively as you can." He gives Fifi a little nod. "You, as well. Perhaps something involving Sammi? Walk in the park? Reread your favorite book?"

It doesn't really matter. All he's trying to do is flush their workong memory; get them thinking about things other than the gunshot, so that when they leave the room, with the aid of the compound he slipped into their drinks, they'll have forgotten all about it.

-

Diva, of course, sees Rein coming and nimbly jumps away from the savage clawing.

But apparently she's still a drama queen, because now she's rolling around and yowling in pain, doing her best to make it sound for all the world like she's just been assaulted. Which she technically was, even if nothing came of it. It's not important.

What is important is that everyone who can hear them thinks this unwashed stray attacked their beloved Diva and it hurts and he needs to be thrown out immediately.

Oh.

Oh he's running away.

Well, good. Diva can just flop over into her spot and get back to her manicure, then.

lick, lick, lick

Unless Sammi does something, that should let Rein have unimpeded access to the office door.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Fifi has a good idea of what she'll do next, yes. Magoo has a less-good idea, in that she's not so certain as what she wants to do than Fifi does. She makes her choice as she leaves, so Magoo's heading over to the sleeping area to take a book and read it.

Sammi heard Diva mewing, and heard a cat scurry away after she nearly stepped on it, and Diva yowling at the time before stopping. Sammi doesn't know there's two cats, assuming Diva was yowling because she was nearly Sammi's carpet, so she's going to continue on her way thinking Diva has moved out of the way.

Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

Finally Reinholdt can listen in to what's going on inside the office, find out how badly people have been shot and- gah! Is the meeting over?! Oh no. People are coming out! ARGH! Diva made him miss ALL the important things.

Well, not all the important things. As people are coming out, Rein's going to dart inside. He sees an open door, he's got to go through it, until it closes and then he's got to meow about wanting back out. But for now, he's going to focus on the first part. Getting into the office! Then he can... well, find a corner to curl up in honestly, he's still pretty tired. He can meow about being let out later.
► SHOW SPOILER
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Klaus nods to himself as lackeys set about busying themselves with their preferred tasks. He'd rather not have them be free-range like that while still under the effects of the drug, but once they're out, the alternative is to quite visibly pull them back into the office, which would only be more suspicious. By the time they talk with anyone, they should forget about the encounter anyway, and being spacy for a bit can easily be attributed to any number of other factors, like sleep deprivation (so much the better in Magoo's case, since a sleeping pod would all but guarantee what little remains of her injuries will never be discovered). He'll check in on them again later today, to be sure everything has gone as intended.

For now, he can just close his office door, sit down at his desk, and get back to his administrative duties. Pencil in a time to talk to Fifi on her own about this offer, such that she'll remember this time, reach out to Doctor Bu and see how she's taking having a vacation for once, maybe block out some time to finish that dress for Magoo he's been working on to unwind. He hardly seems to notice the cat coming in, simply giving Rein some idle scratches behind the ears as he works on his computer.

Diva, of course, just stretches out and takes a little nap. She's earned it.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Sammi would be pleased to know Diva managed to avoid her feet, except the squirrel doesn't realise the cat was there to potentially get stood on. Fifi's heading to Sammi now, and the two girls will hug each other when they get close enough.

Magoo does, in fact, head towards a sleeping pod, because she's a little concerned about the healed injuries and wants to be sure they're healed. She also stops thinking about her meeting as she prepares to climb in, instead more interested in controlling her breathing before she climbs into the vat of goo.

bc56

Post by bc56 »

Zefir wrote: Sep 13, 2022 6:58 am Arkant Factory

Well, that in general will be the tour. Arkant will take her along which will likly just repeat. Most Factories are just production lines. Canned Food, kitchen Tools and some high end electronics like TVs or other things. There is even a part for software development as it seems Arkant has noticed that a software might increase productivity.

If no other questions rise up he will lead her back to his office the surgery. Thought it looks just like an office from a lawyer or something. You know the closets full of books and some certificates hanging around. Thought some aren't rlated to the nexus.

"Well, what do you say so far?"
Sekhmet nods approvingly. "What you're doing is good for this city. If you could give me a list of open positions, I can give you some applicants in a week or so. Does that work?"
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

Klaus is rewarded with equally idle purrs. Damn, this guy really was that relaxed around cats. No surprise, given the number Bebe has dragged in. Would he be foolish to give up this opportunity even in his weakened state?

Well he's been foolish before. He can't justify making a move before contacting Ambrosia and informing her of where she'll need to be positioned and when he's going to make his attempt. Alas, he's just going to be waiting for a chance to contact the dragon with his info. Until then it's going to be a long, quiet day of watching. A long... long... oh. Oops. Rein fell asleep.
► SHOW SPOILER
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

bc56 wrote: Sep 16, 2022 3:48 am Sekhmet nods approvingly. "What you're doing is good for this city. If you could give me a list of open positions, I can give you some applicants in a week or so. Does that work?"

[Arkant Factory]

Arkant will just grab into a folder and hand it over to her.(Not ready myself et but we can work out things together. Thought there will be several conveyer jobs)

"It's fine by me, but we might also suggest to have a more public announcement. Something like an advertisement."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Arkant Factory
Sekhmet takes the folder and slides it into her purse. "An advertisement? What do you mean?" She's familiar with advertising, but she doesn't understand why Arkant would want to advertise this deal. Hopefully he can explain the situation in a way she understands.
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Arkant Factory

"It's simple. We can have people here get in touch with your people and have good experiences, but to establish a better reputation we need to make it public knowledge. I guess things might be bad for the company first as the riverside market might fall to Zero, but time might correct that."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Arkant Factory
"That makes sense," Sekhmet replies, "What do you need to do that?" She can provide the demons, but she's not sure what else he might need beyond that.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Earl of Purple wrote: Sep 15, 2022 5:36 pm Extraction Plan: CD

Sammi would be pleased to know Diva managed to avoid her feet, except the squirrel doesn't realise the cat was there to potentially get stood on. Fifi's heading to Sammi now, and the two girls will hug each other when they get close enough.

Magoo does, in fact, head towards a sleeping pod, because she's a little concerned about the healed injuries and wants to be sure they're healed. She also stops thinking about her meeting as she prepares to climb in, instead more interested in controlling her breathing before she climbs into the vat of goo.
Reinholdt wrote: Sep 16, 2022 9:19 am [Extraction Plan: CD]

Klaus is rewarded with equally idle purrs. Damn, this guy really was that relaxed around cats. No surprise, given the number Bebe has dragged in. Would he be foolish to give up this opportunity even in his weakened state?

Well he's been foolish before. He can't justify making a move before contacting Ambrosia and informing her of where she'll need to be positioned and when he's going to make his attempt. Alas, he's just going to be waiting for a chance to contact the dragon with his info. Until then it's going to be a long, quiet day of watching. A long... long... oh. Oops. Rein fell asleep.

Fortunately, Magoo's fear of climbing into a vat of bio-active goop is rapidly becoming common knowledge here, and she'll find no shortage of people nearby who are willing and able to help her take on the psychologically-burdensome task. More fortunately for Klaus, that makes it a terrific distraction. A quick glance in her direction would be all it would take to dispel any leftover apprehension on his part that she might remember being shot.

As is made plain during the brief time between his leaving his office and his leaving the warehouse. He gives the other SINners a brief nod of acknowledgment on his way out, leaving to attend to other business without any more than a cursory interaction with his followers. If Rein wakes up, he's going to find the computer and cabinet both locked, their contents rendered temporarily inaccessible.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,