Vigil

Herein lies the various threads in which our characters live out their lives
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: Vigil

Post by Shadowcaller »

bc56 wrote: May 28, 2023 3:57 pm Courtyard: D&D
Sekhmet shudders at the talk of love potions. "It's despicable." If even a succubus doesn't like the idea of love potions, they've got to be really terrible. But Sekhmet isn't exactly a typical succubus.
Even if Sekhmet's been to one of Arkant's factories, she doesn't know much about how they're run, so that question is for Vutha alone.
Zefir wrote: May 30, 2023 9:25 am [Courtyard D&D]

"I'm sorry, I wan't there when he first arrived at the city." Vutha says. "From my knowledge he bougth slaves and offered them a normal Job. With enougth time he was able to aquire land and indsutry to start up his brand. It is known that he does pay those people less then you would get in other citys, but he offers them a safe place to live in their city without the fear of getting enslaved. Mrs Sekhmet might approve this. "
Arkhosia wrote: May 31, 2023 2:07 am [Battered Shield]

Blanche can't help but chuckle. "Heh, I'll consider it. I'd prefer to think about, er, anything else for a while though." Lifting up her neglected mug of beer, she glances over to Anika. "Want to get another drink?"
Thursday Violist wrote: May 30, 2023 10:03 pm [Courtyard D&D]

On one hand, Awen feels awkward for approaching people but having nothing to say.
On another hand, Awen feels relief because at least this time she has an excuse for not saying anything: she actually doesn't know the topic that well.

Well, she feels just a little bit of sistership with Sekhmet, who doesn't seem have that much to comment of Arkant, either. Well, not exactly, since at least Sekhmet has spoken with him before, so it's not exactly the same.

In recognition of that limited amount of comradery, Awen inches a little closer to Sekhmet, as Ambrosia and Vuntha discuss Arkant's factories. In order to not interrupt or distract from the more-important conversation on Skyside policies, the witch drops her voice to a whisper and asks Sekhmet, "I'm afraid that I don't know much about Vigil's guests here: so may I ask, what is it you do?"
[Courtyard D&D]

"Interesting, and you were one of his employees as well, miss Vutha? Since I got the impression you two had a closer relationship of some sort considering that you arrived with him." A beat.
"Oh." She looks to Sekhmet. "That reminds me actually. Since speaking of paying your workers, I assume you compensate your own people somehow, Lady Sekhmet?"

[Battered Shield]

"You bet I do! Just here for one sec!" Anika proclaims as she runs off towards the bar.
Soon returning with a whole keg of beer. "I got you a refill!" The druid declares as she places the keg in the middle of their table.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Courtyard: D&D
"There's, uh, not much use for money down there," Sekhmet replies, "They get room and board in the palace. All their material needs are fulfilled. They, uh, really don't need payment." That's not entirely true, but the things they want to be paid in are not things Sekhmet is willing to provide.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[The Academy]

"Not yet. But the rhetoric he's using..." Wenomir sighs. "Taking back what is theirs, cleansing through blood and fire, preparing for a great war. He's building up to something."

[In Search of Distraction]

"Small world indeed. If you want to come by with Anastasia when he's here, feel free." Coco protests as the pets slow, trotting up to Anastasia and Eliseo again. "Easy, Coco," Wenomir tells her.
AshenAmbrosia
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: she/her

Post by AshenAmbrosia »

Shadowcaller wrote: May 29, 2023 6:36 pm
[Courtyard - Mages]

"Neither did any of my children and they turned out more than alright." Cessie remarks even if they were hardly grown yet. "So I wouldn't worry too much about that aspect. But that said, I can't imagine Wenomir being anything but a positive influence on him. Despite not having any children himself he shows a great deal of care for them. You can tell that he's more than a little enthusiastic about teaching Cora and it shows. Since part of her own enthusiasms is due to him I suspect." Cessie glances in Wenomir's direction. "Since as much as he tries to temper it in her his own still shines through I think."
[Courtyard - Mages]

"The way that Wenomir has with children has definitely been... a surprise." Cass fiddles with an earring, looking distracted for a moment. "Who would have thought it of a grump like him, huh?"
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Courtyard - Mages]

"Well, I can tell you one thing, with children you have to accept the fact that you need to be the grump at times. If anyone tells you otherwise it's because they're hiding behind the other parent whenever a unpopular decision must be taken. So to me being a grump and being good with children goes hand in hand. Someone has to draw lines at what kind of behavior that is and isn't acceptable after all." Which often resulted in a lot of moaning and crying.
Or shouts of 'tyranny' in later years.

[Wenomir - A meeting]

As the party goes on a bespectacled man that doesn't look much younger younger than Wenomir himself approaches. He's dressed as if he were going to an office meet-up rather than a fancy party like this. In fact, he looks remarkably regular in comparison to everyone here except perhaps Wenomir himself. Like a office clerk or a bureaucrat.

His short cut hair is slightly ruffled, looking like he's not even combed it before coming here. Yet he acts confident that he belongs with the people around him as he walks up and offers his hand to Wenomir with a smile. "Eliot Saunders, a pleasure to finally meet you."
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Shadowcaller wrote: Jun 03, 2023 3:42 pm [Courtyard D&D]

"Interesting, and you were one of his employees as well, miss Vutha? Since I got the impression you two had a closer relationship of some sort considering that you arrived with him." A beat.
"Oh." She looks to Sekhmet. "That reminds me actually. Since speaking of paying your workers, I assume you compensate your own people somehow, Lady Sekhmet?"
[Courtyard D&D]

Vutha is not sure what conclusion Ambrosia has to suggewst that. Maybe Vutha misspelled something or missunderstands something.

"I am working for him."
She replies. "I do work as a bodyguard for him and from those he got available I am the smart choice. Not that there are any urgent danger anyway."
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Little Mew's Artistic Escapades]

Probably best that it's neither.

A house-sized LB would probably cause a few issues.

But now everyone is contemplating visitations while Geneva polishes off her lunch and moves to place the tray in the collection area so they can be cleaned. Hmm... That technology does sound fascinating. But Doctor Bu isn't in her lab at the moment, either.

Well, there are simple solutions to problems like that thanks to the existence of technology!

"I can send her message over the communicators to see if she's alright with the intrusions," Geneva suggests. "And also to find out if there's any protective gear that might be required in her lab due to ongoing experiments."

Lab safety should never be left out of consideration.

"Though she might be interested in observing the interaction. Or at the very least a recording of it to review later."

Baby videos are very important.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Wenomir - A meeting]

Wenomir braces himself and shakes the man's hand. With luck, this conversation will be merely boring.

"The pleasure is mine. I hope you're enjoying the party," he says with a well-practiced slight smile.
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Little Mew Meets Family]

LB-M keeps floating in Khafir's wake, bobbing up and down like a cork on water. ~Let's goooo!~

Khafir might feel a bit ill. Not because of the little pokemon's cutesypoo mannerisms, she ought to be physically incapable of that. No, the source is the passenger in her head. The entity is cooking its brain to process what it is hearing, which, of course, means it's cooking Khafir's brain. This beats even the lizardman and his stories as a curiosity.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

"Oh yeah, I could probably do that." Eliseo glances at Ana. She seems keen on the idea, though he's not sure Koshal will give him a warm welcome oh well. "If I don't have track at the same time."
~Images by Soushiyo
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

"I have already checked; there is no ongoing experiments that require personal protective equipment." Khafir explains simply as they walk. "If you wish to confirm with her, I have no objection."

Hm. She does feel a bit of momentary nausea. Perhaps she put too much hot sauce on her curry. It did make her tongue feel numb afterwards.

It's not until she stops and thinks about it a bit more that she realizes her head feels hot. Like someone's lit a match in the center of her brain.

Probably not far from the truth. Her implant's catching signals it wasn't designed for. The more this mew talks, the more it's going to aggravate said implant. Perhaps it would be best to carry on in silence for now.

Khafir leads them to Eun's lab, as promised. Geneva's been here before, of course, and she might be pleasantly surprised to see it looking much tidier. Doctor Bu's been much more energetic lately; some of that must be translating to upkeep habits.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

And of course Geneva sends a message to Eun regarding the lab.
>G.Richards: LB-M was hoping to visit her siblings but you aren't in your lab at the moment.
>G.Richards: Do you mind if I accompany her there?
>G.Richards: And if so are there any hazardous experiments I should know about?

Super simple stuff! No doubt Eun will get back to them before they arrive maybe hopefully.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

Shadowcaller wrote: Jun 03, 2023 3:42 pm [Courtyard D&D]

bc56 wrote: Jun 03, 2023 5:01 pm Courtyard: D&D
"There's, uh, not much use for money down there," Sekhmet replies, "They get room and board in the palace. All their material needs are fulfilled. They, uh, really don't need payment." That's not entirely true, but the things they want to be paid in are not things Sekhmet is willing to provide.
Zefir wrote: Jun 05, 2023 2:13 pm [Courtyard D&D]

Vutha is not sure what conclusion Ambrosia has to suggest that. Maybe Vutha misspelled something or misunderstands something.

"I am working for him."
She replies. "I do work as a bodyguard for him and from those he got available I am the smart choice. Not that there are any urgent danger anyway."

[Courtyard: D&D]

Awen nods.
She takes a step back and looks in the direction of whoever is talking.
Although she honestly has very little to contribute to the conversation, she does find some of it really interesting.
She bites her lip and tries to think: she's realized that just because she somehow (or rather, with Vutha's help) managed to get enough courage to approach people, she still doesn't have enough experience in actually talking. That's something she needs to work on.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Battered Shield]

Blanche's brows shoot up when Anika returns. That was a lot, even for her- but she lifts her mug in a greeting regardless, laughter in her smile. "Sure there's enough for you?" she teases.

"And even if he isn't here, I'd appreciate the company," Ana adds, trying to push the somber thoughts away by leaning her head into Eliseo's shoulder. She gives him a soft, affectionate look that lingers for a moment before she remembers herself. "I, um, think I'm ready to go now, whenever you are."
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

Inside Eun's laboratory, the burner laptop running LB1's consciousness is still open on a desk. The power is on, and the computer's camera and microphone are functioning to keep her connected to the outside world, but the screen has gone to sleep mode in absence of human users, meaning those arriving in the lab can't immediately see what she's doing.

LB2's tiny robot vessel is on the floor in a far corner. When her senses pick up someone is coming, she turns on her hologram and the room lights up a bit as the golden shape of a young girl appears. "Oh, hello. What a surprise, I don't think we were expecting you? What brings you to our humble home?"
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

<KittyKatG4l> Who?
<KittyKatG4l> Oh right my bad.

KittyKatG4l is typing...

<KittyKatG4l> I don't see any harm. I would appreciate it if you could earmark the footage for me, though. I want to observe the encounter for myself.
<KittyKatG4l> I don't have any ongoing experiments right now, but you're going to want to make sure that door marked with the biohazard symbol stays closed. I'm not going to tell you what's in there, you don't want to know.

Khafir doesn't say much of anything, instead simply stepping to one side so LB-M and LB-2 have unobstructed views of each other. No further explanation seems necessary.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

>G.Richards: Of course. I'll make sure to send a link to the footage for you.
There!

Now that formality is out of the way they can get on with the visit.

"Hello you two. LB-M here was hoping to meet the both of you given your common genesis," Geneva explains briefly. Technically LB-1 and 2 were derived from a different piece of technology than LB-M was. A disassembled lantern versus a data storage cylinder. But Geneva got the impression that the whole complex was designed on principles not totally dissimilar from a living organism. The whole is reflected in each part. "LB-M hasn't been up and about for long, but we just had lunch and met Doctor Khafir and she suggested the meeting. Specifically due to the work Doctor Bu is doing on acoustikinetics and similarity with telekinetics."

A beat.

"And siblings should have a chance to know each other."

Clearly.
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

LB2 zooms across the floor, her hologram looking like she's walking. LB-M floats closer to the golden girl. The mew tries to touch her sister's face, only for her paw to go right through. ~Huh. You look a lot more like me than I thought you would.~

LB2 does not hear that. She only hears a faint, amazed "Miu..."

"Ah, so this is what you look in the outside world. I thought you would have opted to take a more human form", a voice suddenly comes from the speakers of the burner laptop. This startles LB-M and makes her jump, or float, almost to the ceiling. The holographic girl turns her head to look at the laptop screen, which is still dark. She looks at Khafir and Geneva.

"Ah... would you be so kind and touch the screen or something? I think my sister forgot we can't see her at the moment."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Morty wrote: Jun 05, 2023 9:30 pm [Wenomir - A meeting]

Wenomir braces himself and shakes the man's hand. With luck, this conversation will be merely boring.

"The pleasure is mine. I hope you're enjoying the party," he says with a well-practiced slight smile.
Arkhosia wrote: Jun 07, 2023 3:37 am [Battered Shield]

Blanche's brows shoot up when Anika returns. That was a lot, even for her- but she lifts her mug in a greeting regardless, laughter in her smile. "Sure there's enough for you?" she teases.
Thursday Violist wrote: Jun 06, 2023 5:32 pm [Courtyard: D&D]

Awen nods.
She takes a step back and looks in the direction of whoever is talking.
Although she honestly has very little to contribute to the conversation, she does find some of it really interesting.
She bites her lip and tries to think: she's realized that just because she somehow (or rather, with Vutha's help) managed to get enough courage to approach people, she still doesn't have enough experience in actually talking. That's something she needs to work on.
Zefir wrote: Jun 05, 2023 2:13 pm [Courtyard D&D]

Vutha is not sure what conclusion Ambrosia has to suggewst that. Maybe Vutha misspelled something or missunderstands something.

"I am working for him."
bc56 wrote: Jun 03, 2023 5:01 pm Courtyard: D&D
[Wenomir - A meeting]

"It seems like pretty fantastic as far as parties go." Eliot says as he let's his gaze sweep across the party. "Though I can't say I'm best judge, I rarely go to them." He smiles. "As you no doubt can tell by my clothing. This was the best I could muster unfortunately."

He shrugs sheepishly. "In fact, the only reason I'm here is for a chance to see you or Lady Mithar. One that didn't require me to go through the usual bureaucratic files at least. See, I don't think I actually introduced myself properly. I'm a representative of an loose network of information brokers. Data being our bread and butter." Eliot pauses for a moment.

"Now, before you're making any assumptions this isn't a sales-pitch. I would have gone through other channels if it had been. No, this is information that I consider essential if you catch my drift?" He leans in a bit closer for a moment, Wenomir able to meet his gaze without looking through the glasses for the first time. "Meaning that I'm giving it away and I hope that underscores my point."

Ambrosia looks between Sekhmet and Vutha, her gaze settling on the demon queen. "So you're in charge of society without the need for money?" She glances at Vutha. "So in a way the polar opposite of what Skyside is. Since there everything is controlled by it. Fascinating." And yet only one of those places was known as 'hell' and probably not the one you'd think.

"But, ah, miss Vutha, I do apologize if this question is a bit forward but considering my academic field I have to know, are you actually draconic? Since I'm actually not familiar with your kind. So for all I know you might be more related to Lady Sekhmet's people than any dragon." Scales, claws and wings? Could be either a succubi or a part dragon really.

[Battered Shield]

"Not if I'm a bear while I'm drinking!" Anika exclaims before taking the first swig of beer from a mug she just poured.
"...but seriously, if I drink while bearing, stop me. Don't want to repeat the dryad incident again."
Blanche better hold that promise as the evening goes on...

[Escapades]

Anika and Hiep will arrive at vigil with Anika still in bear form. As she's naked in her humanoid form she figures that's for the best.
Though they will still get a few odd looks as they make their way through the barracks.
The last time the druid had assumed her bear form in here... things had not gone well.

Anika's room is a bit of a mess. But as there aren't actually many things in here it isn't a big of a mess as it could have been. Certainly a lot cleaner than after the goblin incident.
Last edited by Shadowcaller on Jun 11, 2023 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

"No money, uh, doesn't mean things are free," Sekhmet points out. If you ask her, Skyside is also hellish. Just in a different way. "They're a lot more alike than I'd prefer." Sure, all the material needs of the demons in the Depths might be taken care of, and they even get to live in relative luxury, but they're still slaves.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Morty wrote: Jun 04, 2023 9:22 pm [The Academy]

"Not yet. But the rhetoric he's using..." Wenomir sighs. "Taking back what is theirs, cleansing through blood and fire, preparing for a great war. He's building up to something."
[The Academy]

"So what do you suggest we do about it? Since you might need to give me some additional context here. What would they be taking back and from who?" Cessie inquires as she calmly regards her co-commander.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Wenomir - A meeting]

The way Eliot says it makes Wenomir think he won't like what he's about to hear. But it might also indeed be something he does need to hear.

"I do understand, yes. I'm familiar with the value of information. Let's hear it."

[The Academy]

"Back home, such rhetoric usually involved aggression against non-human species or other human nations. Rebuilding the old empire and such." Wenomir's expression speaks volumes about his feelings on this sentiment. "Here, who knows what it might lead to. But we need to watch him and his followers in case they do get violent."

[Escapades]

Hiep does look around as they pass through Vigil, if only because Anika is in bear-form and thus she can't ogle her. She wastes no time taking her shirt off again once they arrive in her room. She certainly doesn't mind the mess. She's seen worse.

"So, this is the famous Vigil, huh? And you've got your own digs here. Not a bad deal."
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

I'm not sure scales are really something succubi have. Or maybe it's just a rare trait.

"As you said you lack knowledge about my kind. " Vutha says friendly. "I can asure you that I have no relation to Lady Sekhmet or her people, other then our meeting. But I have the feeling you got some bad experience with draconic people or is there another reason why asking me that seems to be unpolite?"

Vutha looks at Awen. She does look a bit sad as she too isn't sure how Awen could partake in this conversation.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Rebonack wrote: Jun 08, 2023 4:52 pm [Little Mew Meets Family]

There!

Now that formality is out of the way they can get on with the visit.

"Hello you two. LB-M here was hoping to meet the both of you given your common genesis," Geneva explains briefly. Technically LB-1 and 2 were derived from a different piece of technology than LB-M was. A disassembled lantern versus a data storage cylinder. But Geneva got the impression that the whole complex was designed on principles not totally dissimilar from a living organism. The whole is reflected in each part. "LB-M hasn't been up and about for long, but we just had lunch and met Doctor Khafir and she suggested the meeting. Specifically due to the work Doctor Bu is doing on acoustikinetics and similarity with telekinetics."

A beat.

"And siblings should have a chance to know each other."

Clearly.
Hraithre wrote: Jun 09, 2023 5:51 am [Little Mew Meets Family]

LB2 zooms across the floor, her hologram looking like she's walking. LB-M floats closer to the golden girl. The mew tries to touch her sister's face, only for her paw to go right through. ~Huh. You look a lot more like me than I thought you would.~

LB2 does not hear that. She only hears a faint, amazed "Miu..."

"Ah, so this is what you look in the outside world. I thought you would have opted to take a more human form", a voice suddenly comes from the speakers of the burner laptop. This startles LB-M and makes her jump, or float, almost to the ceiling. The holographic girl turns her head to look at the laptop screen, which is still dark. She looks at Khafir and Geneva.

"Ah... would you be so kind and touch the screen or something? I think my sister forgot we can't see her at the moment."

Khafir gives an affirmative nod and quickly strokes her finger across the laptop's touchpad; the movement should serve to kick the computer out of its idle state, and thus reveal what it is LB1 is up to just this moment. Even Khafir can't tell without the benefit of the screen; her clairvoyance is limited to the physical world, at least as of now.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

"LB-M is still growing," Geneva informs the mind in a laptop gently. "She's able to use relatively simple manifestations like levitation, but Transform takes a bit more practice. She's only been out and about for a day so far."

Not even that!

But, surely, as time goes on her abilities will improve.

Geneva makes a mental note of where the bio-hazard fridge is and avoids it. No reason to have any trouble on that front. She ALSO picks up on the fact that LB-M is directing her telepathy at her sisters, largely without much success.

"I don't think your sisters are going to be able to hear you; they don't have any way to receive telepathic signals. Would you like me to relay what you're saying?" Geneva offers.
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

As Khafir brushes the touch pad, the screen alights with the image of a young girl, identical to LB2's hologram, sitting at a table and sipping some hot drink. She is looking at the camera, so to speak, and waves at Khafir. "Hello! I'm the eldest sister. You can call me LB1."

LB-M floats closer to the ground and goes to look at the screen over Khafir's shoulder. She then turns and answers Geneva: ~If you'd be so kind? I have lot to say!~

"Oh yeah. About that!", LB2 exclaims, also to Geneva. "I made blueprints for an antenna that would get us over that hurdle. But I hit a snag because there's one material I don't know how to make. I don't know what you'd call it, but it's this blue glowy gooey stuff."

The entity inside Khafir's head is fixated on the holographic girl. "She is made of glyphs", it signals, "How? Who reverse engineered Octahedron script to this extent?" If Khafir glues her eyes or farsight on the hologram, she might observe the same thing: the illusion of a human body consists of layers of moving script. Once the observation is made, it's hard to go back to not seeing it.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Morty wrote: Jun 11, 2023 10:48 am [Wenomir - A meeting]

The way Eliot says it makes Wenomir think he won't like what he's about to hear. But it might also indeed be something he does need to hear.

"I do understand, yes. I'm familiar with the value of information. Let's hear it."

[The Academy]

"Back home, such rhetoric usually involved aggression against non-human species or other human nations. Rebuilding the old empire and such." Wenomir's expression speaks volumes about his feelings on this sentiment. "Here, who knows what it might lead to. But we need to watch him and his followers in case they do get violent."

[Escapades]

Hiep does look around as they pass through Vigil, if only because Anika is in bear-form and thus she can't ogle her. She wastes no time taking her shirt off again once they arrive in her room. She certainly doesn't mind the mess. She's seen worse.

"So, this is the famous Vigil, huh? And you've got your own digs here. Not a bad deal."
[Wenomir - A meeting]

"I would prefer to discuss it in a more private setting considering the nature of the information. But it's ultimately up to you. I have been told that I've been overly zealous when it comes to secrecy." Eliot remarks.

[The Academy]

"Are you suggesting we should send someone there to find out more then?" Cessie inquires. "Since historically we've not been good at these sort of operations."

[Escapades]

Once they get into the room Anika finally changes back into her humanoid form in all her naked glory. "Oh, I guess? I'm not here all that much besides when I sleep. Sometimes I just sleep wherever though. Same for you?" The druid had a feeling that Hiep liked to wander.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Arkhosia wrote: Jun 07, 2023 3:37 am [In Search of Distraction]

"And even if he isn't here, I'd appreciate the company," Ana adds, trying to push the somber thoughts away by leaning her head into Eliseo's shoulder. She gives him a soft, affectionate look that lingers for a moment before she remembers herself. "I, um, think I'm ready to go now, whenever you are."

Eliseo smiles back at her. She could hold his attention for much longer if she wanted to, but thankfully she's got more sense than him. "Yeah, we better head out. Nice to meetcha, mister Wenomir. See you around." He gives a playful little one finger salute gesture, then he'll guide the way toward the transports.
~Images by Soushiyo
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Wenomir - A meeting]

"I can't leave the party for too long, but let us step aside for a moment," Wenomir decides. Unless Eliot protests, he'll lead him away from the crowd and into a side-corridor.

[The Academy]

Wenomir is silent for a moment as he has to acknowledge Cessie's point.

"That much is true. It has gone poorly in the past. Let's not repeat it. But I don't know how else we could keep an eye on them."

[Escapades]

"Oh, yeah. I've slept just about everywhere. Fucked people just about everywhere too." Hiep's chest-wrap joins her shirt on the floor as her gaze travels up and down Anika's body. She then sits on the bed to take her trousers off. "But it's nice to have a bed sometimes. Especially if we're planning to keep going for a while. Speaking of, help me out here?"

"Likewise, Eliseo. Farewell."

Anastasia clearly cares about him a lot and he seems to be a good influence on her. Wenomir has to approve. Not that it's any of his business... but it's hard to clamp down on such thoughts where his students are concerned.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

Shadowcaller wrote: Jun 10, 2023 9:10 pm Courtyard: D&D

Ambrosia looks between Sekhmet and Vutha, her gaze settling on the demon queen. "So you're in charge of society without the need for money?" She glances at Vutha. "So in a way the polar opposite of what Skyside is. Since there everything is controlled by it. Fascinating." And yet only one of those places was known as 'hell' and probably not the one you'd think.

"But, ah, miss Vutha, I do apologize if this question is a bit forward but considering my academic field I have to know, are you actually draconic? Since I'm actually not familiar with your kind. So for all I know you might be more related to Lady Sekhmet's people than any dragon." Scales, claws and wings? Could be either a succubi or a part dragon really.
bc56 wrote: Jun 11, 2023 2:32 am Courtyard: D&D
"No money, uh, doesn't mean things are free," Sekhmet points out. If you ask her, Skyside is also hellish. Just in a different way. "They're a lot more alike than I'd prefer." Sure, all the material needs of the demons in the Depths might be taken care of, and they even get to live in relative luxury, but they're still slaves.
Zefir wrote: Jun 11, 2023 2:04 pm Courtyard: D&D

I'm not sure scales are really something succubi have. Or maybe it's just a rare trait.

"As you said you lack knowledge about my kind. " Vutha says friendly. "I can asure you that I have no relation to Lady Sekhmet or her people, other then our meeting. But I have the feeling you got some bad experience with draconic people or is there another reason why asking me that seems to be unpolite?"

Vutha looks at Awen. She does look a bit sad as she too isn't sure how Awen could partake in this conversation.
[Courtyard: D&D]

Awen, as it happens, does have scales. But nobody mistakes her for a succubus because she's not nearly pretty enough, nor for a dragon because her scales are mostly located on just her snake-hair. And her 'claws' are just sharp fingernails. And, of course, there's the distinct lack of wings. Wings would be rather convenient, though, as she'd no longer need a broom to fly.

Awen interjects to give a possible answer to Vutha's question: "Um. Sometimes asking about one's race can get awkward, especially because not everyone knows both their parents," the witch says, aware that she herself isn't aware of who her parents are and that this kind of question could be a little too forward to ask Awen: Awen was completely confident she was human for half her life, until her hair started acting up.