The Olympian Barcade and Restaurant

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Felandria
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

The Olympian Barcade and Restaurant

Post by Felandria »

A few years ago, Felandria won a Magdonald's franchise at an auction, and business was.......fine.

Luckily, there was a lot of room in the back.

What was once a mere burger joint is now Skyside's premiere spot for fun, food and frivolity.

The main area of The Olympian is the arcade, all the latest games and classics as well, with plenty of ticket and redemption machines, and of course no Nexus arcade would be complete without the Super Ultra Mega Pin The Knife On The Duck Hyper Overdrive Remix Deluxe Remastered '18.

To the left of the front door are the Meeting Rooms for large functions, next to those is the new indoor Glow in the Dark Mini Golf Course and Bowling Area.

Continuing our circular tour, we find the area for redeeming your tickets, one can tour them in for candies and plushies and even nicer stuff than that, if you can even imagine.

In the back, there is the Simulation Center, where guests can experience all kinds of thrilling adventures without ending up a smear on the ground.

Then the bathrooms.........

But then, the new Escape Room area with two different themes: Escape From The Space Station and Escape From An Awkward Family Gathering

By now you need a drink, one would imagine, luckily we've reached the bar and restaurant portion, where servers dressed in togas deliver drinks and delicious delights.

Several different meats are roasting on spits, just ask and a server will stuff some meat in a pita bread for you.

And of course, if the fancier menu items aren't your cup of tea, the full Magdonald's menu is available as well.

Tags:
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: [Skyside] The Olympian Barcade and Restaurant

Post by Ironsmith »

"...Ya know, Han, if ya wanted a beah we coulda just printed one." Hazel notes sardonically, setting a roll of tickets on the prize counter.

"Well, yeah, but there's something special about getting it as a prize, you know?" Hana grins, foisting the oversized teddy over her shoulder and giving it a little squeeze.

"Eh, dat much is true." Hazel concedes, pulling her wife into a little hug. With both of their faces concealed, Hazel leans in and whispers, so that the two of them can have a private conversation. "Anyone you recognize come trhough yet?"

"Not really. I don't think the Guild really has much of a presence in this part of town. How about you? Any sign of our parole officer?"

"Naht yet. Eidder she's not monitorin us neahly as closely as we tought or you wehe right about dem not carin if we go ta Skyside again."

Hana smiles and pulls back out of the hug and bounces the bear in her arms. "I think I'll call him Wuggles." She giggles, rocking him back and forth in her hands.

"...Wuggles."

"Why not? Doesn't he look like a Wuggles to you?"

"...Maybe? Whad does a Wuggles look like, anehway?"

Hana gives Hazel a playful boop on the nose and giggles. "Well, you can name yours whatever you want. I just like Wuggles." She chortles, passing a small gold block to the token counter and recieving a number of coins in return.

"Aw, Han... ya don't really gotta..." Hazel protests halfheartedly, smiling as she follows her to the arcade proper.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Purple Countess
Pronouns: They/she

Post by Purple Countess »

Rosie D. Thorne is in the arcade proper, focused on defeating a pinball machine, with enough meat and bread in front of her to feed a fairly large family. The bespectacled brunette is currently human sized, dressed in plainer clothing than usual: black pants and a baby blue long-sleeved top.

Her girlfriend is presumably close by watching her efforts to dominate the challenge before her, which she eventually succeeds in doing. "I win!" She announces with a grin, turning excitedly to face Felandria and offers her some meat with one hand, the other already reaching towards her mouth. "I've needed this, babe. It's been particularly busy as of recent."
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

Purple Countess wrote: Aug 18, 2022 8:46 am Rosie D. Thorne is in the arcade proper, focused on defeating a pinball machine, with enough meat and bread in front of her to feed a fairly large family. The bespectacled brunette is currently human sized, dressed in plainer clothing than usual: black pants and a baby blue long-sleeved top.

Her girlfriend is presumably close by watching her efforts to dominate the challenge before her, which she eventually succeeds in doing. "I win!" She announces with a grin, turning excitedly to face Felandria and offers her some meat with one hand, the other already reaching towards her mouth. "I've needed this, babe. It's been particularly busy as of recent."
Fel nods.

Ugh, yeah, tell me about it, between the upcoming election, everything with HALO and here, I’ve not really had a lot of time for stuff like this.

She will take the offered meat and pop it in her mouth.
Ironsmith

Re: The Olympian Barcade and Restaurant

Post by Ironsmith »

Hazel does a brief double-take when she notices the giantess and her girlfriend just a few machines down from them. "...Um, Han... I tink we might have some trouble..."

"Hm? Oh, that's just the owner. Nobody to worry about."

"Nobodeh to worry about? Han, she just said she's wit' HALO. An' I tink I recognize her from dat broadcast about stuff goin' down in Rivehside..."

"So she's busy and won't bother us. It's fine."

Hazel looks down at the monitor around her ankle and frowns. "Yeah, I'm not suhe I agree wit dat assessment, Han..."

Hana sets down her bear and sighs. "Okay, fair. But watch this." She kneels down next to her wife and pulls and pulls a second ankle monitor from her jacket pocket.

"...What ahe you doin?"

"No law enforcement agency with finite resources is going to put two monitors on the same person. It'd be a waste; redundant monitors don't make it easier to track us, and if we had the means to remove one, we can remove two."

"...Oh, I tink I get it. Da people around heah have some pretty eclectic tastes, so if we'he wearin two..."

"It looks less like the police put them there and more like we're just into the look. Exactly."

"...Han, dat's eiddeh da most brilliant ting I've heahd all day, or da dumbest."

"Easy way to test that. Find out if it works." Hana stands up from fastening her own monitor and starts toward Fel and Rosie. "Hi! You two look like you're having fun. Would you be willing to join my wife and I for some air hockey? The singles meta gets kind of dull after a while-"

"Heh way of sayin' she's gettin' sick of kickin' my ass-"

"-So we wanted to try out doubles, but we're short of players. If you're interested."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Purple Countess

Rosie tilts her head as she smiles serenely. "Let's make this a very relaxing night, then." She says, reaching over to take Fel's hand in hers. "And then later I can take time off to help you with whatever needs helping..."

Rosie trails off as they're approached by two people, who apparently can't read the room enough to know they'd like to be left alone. She shouldn't think like that, she's always willing to help... but tonight is supposed to be for Fel and her alo-

Wait.

Are they wearing 'two' monitors?

W-Why?

That's something she's interested in finding out about, and all of a sudden the prospect of being intruded upon doesn't matter to her as much. That, and the prospect of having potentially even more fun playing some air hockey.

Excited, she glances at Fel. "Well, that could be fun, babe!" Once Fel has caught her gaze, she glances at the ankle monitors and back at her girlfriend, hoping the redhead gets the gist. "I think we should take 'em up on their offer."
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

Fel looks where Rosie is leading her and she is vaguely aware of the gist.

Sounds fun to me, dear.

Air hockey is always delightful.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

"Terrific. We'll meet you over there." Hana smiles and starts back in that direction of said air hockey table.

"...So, does dat mean it wohked?"

"Too early to tell. But since we weren't scooped immediately and they haven't got any reason to hold off, I'd say it's encouraging."

"Great. So all dahs left is ta play a game of aih hockey like we know wha we'he doin'."

"...Oh."

"'Oh'? Just now realizin' da problem?"

"Well, I... how hard can it be, really?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Purple Countess

Once the couple are out of earshot, Rosie turns to her girlfriend. "Two ankle braces? Who wears two ankle braces? That's ever so weird." She comments, popping more meat into her mouth. "Let's keep an eye on them, dear." She picks up the plate filled with her favourite meats - i.e. all of them - and takes Fel's hand to lead her in the direction of the table.
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

Purple Countess wrote: Sep 17, 2022 11:52 am Once the couple are out of earshot, Rosie turns to her girlfriend. "Two ankle braces? Who wears two ankle braces? That's ever so weird." She comments, popping more meat into her mouth. "Let's keep an eye on them, dear." She picks up the plate filled with her favourite meats - i.e. all of them - and takes Fel's hand to lead her in the direction of the table.
Yes, dear, it is quite suspicious, we should keep an eye out, and I’ll send a text to security to keep an eye out as well.

Fel is then led towards the table.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Hana gives the couple a small smile as the couple joins them at the table, plopping down a puck and chunking a couple of tokens into the slot. "So, since we're going to be here for a minute, we might as well get to know each other." She prompts. "I'm Hana, and this is my wife, Hazel. Say 'hi', Haze."

"Sup."

"She works at an auto shop downtown. Finally got her slave driver of a boss-"

"She's bein' metaphorical, jus' so we'he cleah."

"Right, her hardass of a boss finally gave her some vacation time and we're spending it here. How about you? How'd you end up here?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,