Bloodsong's Oasis - Jazz Club and Speakeasy

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Re: Bloodsong's Oasis - Jazz Club and Speakeasy

Post by Arkhosia »

[Rabbit for Supper]

"Mm, so I've heard," Calanthe simply responds with a chuckle, leaning forward and resting her chin on interlaced hands. "Hopefully my presence doeshn't emb- embol- erm, encourage her, I can only handle sho many."
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Tags:
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[Rabbit for Supper]

"You can't just say stuff like that, Adir! And what have you heard, Calanthe?" Sakura protests once more. Adir truly is shameless, and Calanthe too??? "Besides, I know exactly what I'm doing... And that sometimes involves seducing you I guess."
~Images by Soushiyo
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Rabbit for Supper]

"Aha! Admitted seductress!" Adir declares, leaning down and giving Sakura a big wet smooch on the cheek. The next moment he glances over at Calanthe, also curious. "...Yeah, what have you heard?"
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Rabbit for Supper]

Oh dear. For once, it's Calanthe's turn to be thrown off-guard. She blinks, as if realizing what she'd said, and then gets a touch redder in the face. "W-well, erm, I-I try not to listen, but - shometimes, I'll get a midnight cup of tea, and - t-that is, it'shhh.... hard not to hear you two in the other room with these." The witch gestures to her ears, which are currently tilted back nervously.

"Not that I want to shame you for such behaviour - it'sh your house, after all, a-and nothing I've not heard before" the rabbit tries to assuage preemptively, raising her hands and looking between the two Frescots in embarrassment.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Rabbit for Supper]

Sakura's eyes go wide. "You-" She closes her mouth, opens it again, closes it. Oh nooooooo. She covers her face with her hands.
~Images by Soushiyo
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Rabbit for Supper]

Adir's ears slooowly rise until they're roughly pointed straight up. Even as they ratchet up, his face darkens in a very slight blush. He's not exactly a schoolboy, but geez, this would be embarrassing for anybody.

He sees Sakura's distress and it brings him out of his own stunned silence. "H-hey, hey it's okay, it's-- it's not a big deal," he attempts to assuage, holding his hands out toward Sakura in a consoling gesture. He also waves one at Calanthe. "It's-- it's okay, really! Our fault! I mean-- totally our fault!"

He slaps his face into his hand.

"Sometimes we... y'know, we... we don't get so much time to ourselves, during the day, and sometimes when we're alone things get a little spontaneous and you know it just-- just--" He rolls his hands, fingers spread. "Happens."

Unfortunately things get a little spontaneous with them fairly frequently. Just how often had Calanthe heard the two of them? And how... thoroughly?

"I'm so sorry you had to-- I mean-- It's not like you were trying to-- r-right?" Adir stammers, punctuating it with an awkward laugh. He really wishes he had less wine in him right now. "How often, um... how many times did you..."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Rabbit for Supper]

"Of course not! Only a few times, only a few times!" Calanthe shakes her head vigorously, only growing more embarrassed when she sees Sakura react like that. "I've ceeeertainly never meant to - every time it's caught me off-guard, and I do my best to hear as little as possible, I assure you."

"Really though, it'sh- it'sh nothing to be embarrassed over. Perfectly natural, of course, and I've never been in - hm, what's the word? Ear- earsight? Erm, either way, the kids have never been around when I've overheard it." She laughs. "If anything, it'sh- it'sh rather charming, really - you two really are such a lovey-dovey couple."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Rabbit for Supper]

Sakura lowers her hands just enough to uncover her eyes. Sooo embarrassing, but at least Calanthe is being nice about it. "We'll be more careful, um, more discrete. Sorry."
~Images by Soushiyo
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Rabbit for Supper]

"Normally I'm so good about listening for, uh, other people. When we're... fooling around. The kids are very loud," Adir laughs, rubbing the back of his skull, some of the tension easing from his shoulders. "What she said. I'm glad you find it charming, at least. Quaint, even! People are probably a lot more, um, discrete, back where you're from." Maybe Cessie had been right all along. They really could use some proper discretion!
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Rabbit for Supper]

"They certainly are hard to lose track of," Calanthe responds with a laugh, glad to feel the awkwardness start to fade. "It varied, to be honest - there washh... shome prudishness overall, though two of my mothers were less strict than most of the community." She chuckles. "And beshides, I haven't exactly respected the community's stance since I left."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Rabbit for Supper]

Sakura lowers her hands and clasps them on the table in front of her. Her face is still burning, but she can move on, right? "Maybe a little bit Hestopia. It's where Cessie's from. I know they're very strict about that sorta thing around there." Sakura glances down at Calanthe's clothing, which quite reminds her of Cessie.
~Images by Soushiyo
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Rabbit for Supper]

Adir doesn't want to hang on to Calanthe's awkward admission (or the couple's own mutual embarrassment), but he does try to make light of the situation. "I recall we bothered some people in Hestopia with the same pattern of, uh, poor behavior," he admits. "And on the airship on the way there."

He looks squarely at Sakura and says, as dry as he can, "Honey, I think it's time to admit that you have a problem."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Rabbit for Supper]

Calanthe raises her hand to poorly disguise a tittering laugh as Adir teases his wife, but chooses not to investigate further on this "poor behavior" beyond the slight raise of an eyebrow. "Hestopia? It's... not a place I know, I'm afraid. A city, I take it?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Rabbit for Supper]

Sakura gives Adir a wide eyed stare, and then reaches forward to pinch his lips closed. "Enough out of you."

She turns her face to Calanthe. "It's where Cessie came from. We went there for her wedding." She explains.
~Images by Soushiyo
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Rabbit for Supper]

Adir makes a great show of murmuring through his lips and gesturing as if he were carrying on a longer conversation while his lips are squished shut. He nods sagely as Sakura explains.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Rabbit for Supper]

”My, really? That must’ve been quite the trip. It must have been a grand place to visit, if Ms. Mithar is any indication.” Calanthe’s eyes sparkle with interest.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Rabbit for Supper]

"Oh yeah, we had to travel on some special ship to get there. We never got to see too much of it, though. It was sorta tricky because there's not really many people like, you know, me or Adir there, so we had to make sure we weren't causing a scene." Sakura explains. "It's not really my kind of place, even if it was nice to visit. Very closed in with lots of buildings and people. But I guess that's most cities."
~Images by Soushiyo
Magtok
Pointy Eared Baby Devourer

Post by Magtok »

Unfashionably Early

Black chinos and matching shoes. A grey collared shirt and necktie beneath a black sleeveless vest.A shoulder holster over the black vest, with a very visible gun tucked under the left arm. The note said 'dress nice,' but it said nothing about going unarmed. Of course it didn't; it would be silly to expect a MagClone to ever go anywhere without a weapon. The firearm isn't for security anyway, it's a statement. He could just open a portal and yank some death ray out of a storage locker back at home; why would he need to actually carry a handgun on his person, much less where everyone can see it? No, this is an overt declaration of mistrust, an honest and direct warning that he is on alert and ready for trouble. He could've easily covered up with a suit jacket if he was trying to present himself as naive and unsuspecting, simply here for a good time. It wouldn't even clash with his outfit a little, though it's probably hot enough outside that he'd be sweating like a dog in no time at all.

That would doubly inconvenient for our cyborg, because he decided to show up for this date an entire twenty minutes early. He idly leans against a wall beside the front door, eyes staring out into the distance as a legion of fist-sized drones swirl about in the skies overhead, mapping out and patrolling every inch of the Riverside city streets within a three block radius. He'll know this blind date before she gets here, most assuredly. He'll know every name and face that so much as thinks to walk towards him, and his computer can cross-reference public arrest records, news headlines, and social media in mere minutes, so if there is some secret psycho out there sending bouquets to former supervillains, he'll be ready for them.

...probably. I mean, c'mon, what's the worst that could happen? How many illicit organizations or disreputable individuals still have the resources or motivation to set up some sort of honeypot operation, or blackmail scheme, or assassination plot, or...or whatever this is? Of the few enemies we have that have the motive, how many would opt for such a bizarre and roundabout way of taking us down? And in such a public venue, too. It's ridiculous. You're being ridiculous, Magtok. Take some calming breaths and try to relax. I'm sure it's not going to be half as bad as your paranoia says it will be. It might even be just a totally ordinary date, believe it or not! You'll never find out if you have a panic attack outside the club, though. Just inhale some of that crisp night air and remind yourself how good it feels to be on solid ground again instead of that cramped, godsforsaken space frigate. You've done all you can to prepare and plan around this. All that remains to be done is to wait and see what happens. Just wait and see.
"You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
-Daniel H. Wilson
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Unfashionably Early]

Fortunate for Magtok's core temperature, he doesn't even have to wait two minutes for the answer to step out from a taxi. A slender leg draws free from a slitted blue dress, the azure fabric drawing the eyes up the rest of the body to a triangular window elegantly highlighting the cleavage under the pearl clasp necklace that holds firmly to the shoulders. White gloved hands hand the driver a bag of gold before adjusting her understated but floral decorated hat even as it bends her cat ears slightly uncomfortably. Pink eyes fall upon Magtok and widen slightly in surprise as she steps forward.

"A-ah! Magtok. Uh... you're... early." Dammit. She was supposed to be here first to get the wine ordered and talk to the owner and everything. She must be getting rusty if she forgot Magtok just had to show anyone and everyone up, even getting here before her. Doesn't he know you're supposed to keep a girl waiting just a little! Reina flashes him a smile in an effort to recover though her eyes do dart to the weapon so brazenly carried and raises a slight eyebrow. Was he expecting some third party to attempt to crash the dinner or something? Someone he couldn't handle through his usual means? He was always at war with someone somewhere.

Well that's ok. It doesn't really change anything at the moment. And the sensual catwoman can still recapture the initiative. Reina holds up her arm for Magtok to take so that he has one less hand on his gun. "Well then. Shall we?" Reina drawls, tail flicking slowly behind her.
► Dress
► SHOW SPOILER
Magtok

Post by Magtok »

Unfashionably Early

Oh.

Oh wow.

Magtok blinks a few times, to make sure prolonged use of the drones hasn't somehow damaged his optic nerves and caused him to start seeing catgirls that aren't really there. Oh dear, this is substantially more significant than what the scout had been worrying about. None of the guesses on what would happen tonight were accurate, everything about our preparations for this have been wrong. No psychotic fangirl, no Marciano back from the grave in a frilly dress, no family member speaking through a goon's cell phone, begging that we pay the ridiculous ransom that her captors demand. Every theory and strategy was simultaneously nullified the moment that blue dress stepped out of the cab. There's no time to start over and begin mapping out new contingency plans either, she's here and she's here now. The game has already begun and we're just going to have to improvise everything from now on, just make up everything as we go along and hope that this doesn't end in disaster or the fleet disowning us.

"Just a moment," he insists quietly, raising a single index finger to ask for just a minute of her patience. He casually rolls his shoulders back, shrugging off the holster. He then does his best to roll it up into a ugly little ball, and lob the combat webbing into an open portal, where it vanishes away forever. Okay, well I guess that's an improvement. No ever-present threat of impending gun violence weighing on Reina's mind anymore, though any deranged maniac seeking to hurt the duo now has one less warning sign to tell them what a monumentally awful idea it would be.

"I'm sorry, another Magtok was very sure you would be someone else. Not a specific someone else, just someone new, someone presumptuous," he explains, finally accepting her arm in his own, now that the burdensome mood-killer has been disposed of. Also, wait, hold on, he brought a gun because he thought someone who wasn't a ReinClone was going to be here? I'm sure it's nice that he isn't accusing her of plotting to kill him or start another apocalypse this time, or very strongly implying that she might, but since when did cat ears with blue fur mean anything but red flags and raised alarms to this guy?

"Every so often, there's a newcomer to the Nexus who wants to push boundaries, test the limits, see what the fixtures and institutions do when challenged or provoked. The guy who wakes up in a new world and wants to see if there's still fall damage. The succubus who thinks she's the first one to ever think of trying to seduce and corrupt all the kings and queens of the realm. The AMEN member who thinks he can climb the social ladder by pushing a cursed obsidian blade through my ribcage. We don't get that kind of troublemaker too often now, but he thought that just meant we were long overdue," Mag elaborates further, walking with the catgirl through the door. I'm still not sure I fully understand his reasoning, though. I mean, she's Reina! Literally just Rein, with an -a at the end! How could some imaginary hypothetical new person be more threatening than one of the cats? How could seeing her here make him less tense than seeing some reckless idiot stranger would?
"You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
-Daniel H. Wilson
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Rabbit for Supper]

"They aren't big on scenes in Hestopia," Adir agrees. "Or fun. But we made do."

"It was funny going to a place that's just... mostly humans. That's why we would have weirded everyone out. So many humans." says Adir. "I hadn't seen a place that human-centric since my wandering days."

"We've got too much ear, funny eyes," Adir points at his odd, rectangular pupils. "These sharp things on the side of my head, oh my! And look at this!" Adir reaches over and gently lifts a scoop of Sakura's flowers. "They'd all just be jealous of these. The two of us are just too pretty for Hestopia."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Rabbit for Supper]

"Oh, yes, that... well, it must have certainly complicated things," Calanthe observes with a titter. "But you're not wrong - you two are incredibly stunning. I imagine you both turn heads in the Nexus, let alone Hestopia." She props her head up on a hand as she says that, gesturing dismissively with a hand.

Next she looks more directly towards Sakura. "I can understand that feeling, it was very, erm... intereshting when I first came to Riverside, though I adjusted soon enough. I sh-shuppose your estate has been a familiar breath of fresh air." A polite smile plays on her lips - but after a moment, she blinks, as if remembering something she had previously forgotten.

"Spea- speaking of- howww long did Cessie agree to babysit the kids for?" Calanthe glances down at a petite watch with a leather band on her wrist, before looking between Adir and Sakura with mild concern.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Unfashionably Early]

Reina tilts her head a little as Magtok sheds his holster and displaces the weapon through a portal before explaining himself. She half laughs at him for it though. "Really? I thought the flowers were very clear. Blacked-Eye Susans? They represent justice? Invincibelle? No? Well next time I'll just send cat-tails or something." Reina shakes her head. How did her extremely circuitous calling card possibly get misunderstood and misrepresented? Maybe she should have made it even more obscure. Really entice him to dig deep before replying. To unfold the layers of the mysterious woman before him.

The catgirl sashays in with Magtok on her arm, letting the help know they have a box in reserve. The duo are led up to the fancy and relatively private seats overlooking the stage where the jazz band plays a mellow tune. "So... then you are not the Magtok I've been sweating and groaning with in our psychic defense training class, hmm?" Reina asks, her opinion on the matter somewhat reserved and hard to read as she takes her seat. From one clone to another... relationships, even the most basic ones, are complicated. "Does that mean he's finally gotten the cloning vats up and working again? I was under the impression he was the only Magtok in the Nexus. Besides MagPrime that is."
► SHOW SPOILER
Magtok

Post by Magtok »

[Unfashionably Early]

"I'm from out of town. I dropped by...I can't remember if it was last Thanksmas, or the one before it, but I showed up to get a gift for Ilpholin and her new kid for the holidays, and then I left. I haven't been around since then, so technically, yes, he was the only Magtok in the Nexus," this Magtok admits, glancing down at the jazz band below. This seems like a pretty decent place; how is it that he's never thought to come here until now? Is it because something as macabre and brutish as 'Bloodsong' is in the name? He figured it'd just be a bunch of primitive fantasy races strumming on lutes and tooting medieval military horns? Hrm. Maybe he should recommend the place to the scout and his wife, let them see the Oasis for themselves some day.

Oh right, wife. We should probably find a polite way of mentioning that later. I don't know how you could explain that without causing issues, especially after seeing some of the stupid things that idiot said and did in MERC, but the longer we wait, the greater the odds it'll cause trouble for us too, and not just that stupid idiot scout.

"You know, I've always thought it funny that you never seem to have these kinds of issues with your own clones. Not publicly, at least. I never hear 'oh, that was the Reinholdt with the stubby tail, not me' or 'No, you're thinking of the Rein who lives in HALO.' It only ever seems to be me who has this stupid complicated nonsense. Don't tell them I said this, but you make it a lot harder to pretend these issues aren't wholly self-inflicted."
-Daniel H. Wilson
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Rabbit for Supper]

Goodness. Sakura could use some fresh air at this point. She's burning up. "I'm glad you like it. I love where our house it. We found the most beautiful spot." Even if it is a bit out of the way.

"Oh, you're right. We really let time get away from us." Sakura giggles. "It's been lots of fun."
~Images by Soushiyo
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Rabbit for Supper

"Yes it has," Adir agrees, glancing between the women. "And she calls me flatterer." Look at this bun. Did she see what she was doing to his wife? Not that he minds. She's right, after all. The compliments to him- oh, right. She called them both stunning. Maybe he should be blushing too, but he doesn't quite feel it coming on.

"We'll have to do it again sometime." Adir stands and offers his arm to help Sakura up. Not that she strictly needs it, but it's the gentleman's thing to do, and that belly is starting to look pretty heavy.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Rabbit for Supper]

"A-agreed, this has been- it's been truly lovely," Calanthe responds, a smile on her lips. She rises from her chair - and a moment later, she seems surprised to realize the way the room sways around her, placing a hand on the table to steady herself. Oh dear.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Unfashionably Early]

"Ilpholin's that demon hunter lady over in Riverside right?" Reina asks thoughtfully, as if she doesn't already know. Well she definitely didn't know about the kid part. The catgirl orders a Bordeaux Red Wine blend to be delivered posthaste while they soak in the atmosphere and decide on food. A woman's wine glass should never be empty.

"Aren't they?" Reina laughs, a lilting melody. "I mean after all, you got an invitation and then immediately played three card monte with yourself to duck the responsibility of going. Of course you're going to cause confusion for yourself and others."

Despite the shaking of her head, she still seems to be bemused based on her smile. "We find it fairly easy given that each important locale in the Nexus that we're involved at all with has one Rein designated to it. No more, no less. Not that HALO Rein couldn't visit Riverside or anything, but he'd have to at least inform Tovia's partner. All it takes is a little principles and integrity," Reina smirks, quite possibly joking.

"That's why MERC is my domain and other Reins have to go through me for the most part if they have MERC business." A little overstated, but the message is clear enough. Cats are notoriously territorial.
► SHOW SPOILER
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Rabbit for Supper]

Sakura gladly accepts the help up, giving Adir a smile. She starts to walk around the table when she spots Calanthe stumble. "Whoa, careful!" Sakura reaches and grabs Calanthe's arm to help steady her. "Are you okay?"
~Images by Soushiyo
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Rabbit for Supper]

"Damn, Calanthe," Adir says, coming around the table on the opposite side. "Do you wanna sit back down for a sec? That looked pretty, uh, wobbly."