Bloodsong's Oasis - Jazz Club and Speakeasy

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Beans
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Bloodsong's Oasis - Jazz Club and Speakeasy

Post by Beans »

[Playing Catch-Up]

Konstanze thinks, swinging her legs idly. Her shadow takes a sip of its shadow-beer. "Hmm... I've got lots of catching up to do, really---about 130 years have passed, where I was born, between my death and now. And, of course, there's so much more than that here. So that's more an ongoing sort of thing. But mostly, I just intend to take in what there is to enjoy, go places, meet people. The sorts of things divorcee escapees from the Hells do, I suppose."

Tags:
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: [Riverside] Bloodsong's Oasis - Jazz Club and Speakeasy

Post by Gullara »

Arkhosia wrote: ↑Aug 17, 2022 7:44 pm A Promising Date

"Oh, huh - that does sound interesting, yeah." Ana skims down to read more about the drink. "Maybe I'll even sneak a sip from you while you're not looking," she teases before setting her menu back on the table.
[A Promising Date]

"When I'm not looking? When do you think I'll be looking away." Eliseo winks.

When the waiter comes their drink orders are taken. They're then left with food menus top peruse.
~Images by Soushiyo
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Playing Catch-Up]

"...I see." Jubilee lowers her hands around the candle, cradling it between her fingers. "...Suppose for a moment you wanted a better handle on things. A more solid plan than 'whatever happens, happens'. And, while we're supposing, suppose you would happen to meet a fortune teller. One who would show you your future, in return for simply doing her the favor of keeping her company for a while." There's a little glint in Jubilee's eye as the candle flickers in her gaze. "Would you be interested in knowing what's in store for you?"
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Beans

Post by Beans »

[Playing Catch-Up]

Konstanze watches her. The candle flame makes her shadow flicker as she leans in a bit. "That's a terribly interesting deal, Lady Jubilee... I would be inclined to accept." In the candlelight, the gleaming of her eyes looks strange. "I wouldn't mind a little direction in my victory-lap-writ-large."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

[A Promising Date]

"I-I mean, I'm sure you'll find something to be, like, at least a little distracted by," Ana tries to deflect, glancing back at the dining room around them and hoping he doesn't quite notice the subtle hue in her cheeks. She thanks the waiter rather politely when they arrive.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Playing Catch-Up]

Jubilee smirks, the candle flickering back and forth as an ominous wind roils inside the glass. "I'm glad you feel that way."

As the priestess puts her hands to the sides of the candle, the flame slowly grows, from a tiny band of light to a rippling orange ribbon, dancing over the table. Jubilee's eyes glow softly as shapes start to take form in the tongues of fire, present but indecipherable.

The priestess throws her head back, releasing an ecstatic gasp as the vision begins in earnest, playing out in front of Konstanze in the candlelight.
Konstanze will be well
Her flight from hell brings new life
A life lived in joy

She will not lack friends
Many faces, strangers now
Will be dear to her

She will live freely
Finding herself a fortune
Unburdened by strife

But it will not last.
It can never last, never
Her debt will come due

It will not seize her
There is far too much to take
Far too much to lose

Her friends will go first
Rich and poor, aged and young
They slip from her grasp

She will lose her wealth
Grand or meager, it will leave
She labors in vain

All will be undone
For her arrogance, she bleeds
Thirty-five years hence

Her flight from the hells
Has given her a false hope
She never escaped.
The jar around the candle shatters, scattering bits of heated glass across the table, leaving only a mess of spent wax and crumbling wick where the candle used to be as the flames promptly snuff themselves out. Jubilee falls forward, splaying her hands on the table in front of her to balance herself, breathing heavily from the effort.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Beans

Post by Beans »

[Playing Catch-Up]

Konstanze leans in as the vision begins. Her expression doesn't change much from keen-eyed fascination, even when her misfortune is spelled out. When the jar shatters and Jubilee is left gasping for breath, the wraith sniffs.

"Well, that was interesting... though I'm afraid it's a future I'm none too fond of. I'll simply have to make a better one instead." She smiles, taking a long sip from her beer. "Not that I don't appreciate the advance warning."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Playing Catch-Up]

"...Little bitch." Jubilee curses, nearly inaudibly. She hadn't watched the vision herself; she didn't think she would need to, knowing in advance just what sort of vision it would be.

That is to say, disaster. Her particular method of looking into the future always predicted disaster. Even if no disaster is forthcoming. Though in her defense, the panicky sort of response most people had to learning of imminent catastrophe tended to ensure disaster was, indeed, on the horizon, and fate would usually conspire to make her vision accurate.

But whether this one would be? No way for her to tell for sure. In the short term, it would just serve to bother Konstanze... if she was the sort to be bothered by that kind of thing.

Which it seems she's not.

Jubilee slowly pulls herself back up into her chair, her hair and face looking a little more haggard after that incident. "...So sorry. I didn't know how that would play out." She lies through her teeth.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Beans

Post by Beans »

[Playing Catch-Up]

The shadow of Konstanze's hand brushes flecks of broken glass into a small pile. She finishes her beer and waves her hand. "Oh, don't worry, I'm not a proponent of shooting the messenger. Gracious if it wasn't a sour little gumdrop of a prophecy, though! Like my ex-wife had a hand on then pen when fate wrote it."

Setting her glass down, she smiles very sweetly at Jubilee. "How often does a bleak one come down the pipe like that?"
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Playing Catch-Up]

Jubilee rolls her hair back from her eyes, in an attempt to get herself looking presentable again. "That bleak? Rarely, if ever." She continues to lie, slowly shifting toward some kernel of truth. "But many of my visions predict something will go wrong, simply because life so often does. If you were the sort of person who only had good times ahead, you would not need me to confirm it for you. If not... you would rather have a warning, I'm sure."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Beans

Post by Beans »

[Playing Catch-Up]

Konstanze nods. "Oh, I see---yes, I certainly don't mind having a little reminder. The world always tries to take, after all; I will not have had my fill for a very long time, so it's best I meet life with open jaws." She laughs, and the laugh is a little fouler for being fair. Her shadow makes a chompy shadow-puppet of its hands, chomp chomp. "Remind me to check in with you in 35 years, if you're interested in how things turned out."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Playing Catch-Up]

The priestess's eyebrow shoots up at that last part. Thirty-five years? A long time to wait for doom, but very probably worth the spectacle. She might just have to take Konstanze up on that offer.

It's around now that she seems to finally notice Konstanze's shadow moving independent of her, which seems to perturb her just a bit. How long has it been doing that? No wonder Konstanze wasn't bothered; she just prophesized doom to some kind of demon. She probably had Doom Flakes in a bowl of damned souls for breakfast this morning.

"...Hm. Yes." She says finally, resting her chin on her hand, flicking her gaze back up to the hellwraith. "Funny how that all works out. I suppose the strangest part is how many people will pretend that they are an exception to the rule. That they are somehow better than the unwashed masses around them, not looking to sate their own appetites however they can." She gives their server a little nod as he replaces the ruined candle and her drink. "Hardly. Most people are more like you than they care to admit... they're simply too attached to a more benevolent facade."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Beans

Post by Beans »

[Playing Catch-Up]

Konstanze laughs again; it's pretty, but leaves a taste in the ear canal like one's breath after a bad nosebleed. "People are funny and tiresome like that, aren't they? Everyone wants things. Why not be honest about it?" She smiles too sweetly at Jubilee. "For a little bitch, I have large appetites."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Playing Catch-Up]

Jubilee stares at the hellwraith for a while, only breaking her gaze long enough to take a long, slow swig of her fermented milk, before setting the glass down and cracking a wicked grin. "...I believe we're going to get along infamously, you and I. Like the sister I never had." She chortles.

After all, how else would she describe their relationship? She agrees with Konstanze completely. And has to beat back the urge to stab her in her stupid smug face for it.

"...Well, I don't know about you, but I believe I've had my fill of jazz for today." The priestess pushes back her chair and stands up, retrieving her scythe from its position next to her. "I'm going to go burn down an orphanage or something. You coming?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Beans

Post by Beans »

[Playing Catch-Up]
Konstanze beams. "Not necessarily my thing, but I could tag along, play amoral support." She slips off her barstool, her shadow doing a little twirl. "Been a while since I got to watch someone get up to some proper nonsense. Lead on, then!" She adjusts her darling little hat.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Rabbit for Supper]

The waiter does a brief double take, but catches himself admirably. He nods graciously to the dryad and straightens to go retrieve her order.

The corners of Adir's mouth quirk up when Calanthe comments on the baby-tide... and compliments Sakura's flowers. The bun was awfully sweet. He raises his eyebrows with interest at the explanation for sake, but the other comments from the two ladies take precedent.

"She's right," Adir agrees with his wife. "About you being a lifesaver. I am a genius, and I do have the best ideas, so I'll take credit for that one. But the second part is no good. You should definitely feel limited." Adir takes a tiny sip of his wine. "Oh my god, so limited. You can settle down right here with us, right? Plenty of room. Bring a hubby. Or a... wifey. Your option. I'll build you a cottage."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Rabbit for Supper]

Sakura laughs and prods Adir's arm. "You're terrible, you know that?" She shakes her head. "We're absolutely happy to have you as long as you're with us, however long that is." Sakura says, returning to Calanthe.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Rabbit for Supper]

There's a gentle hue to Calanthe's cheeks as Adir and Sakura continue to offer more amenities to her potential future at the Estate. "My, you really are eager to accommodate me! It's a little humbling to hear how much you value my assistance." She takes a sip of her wine, appreciating the flavor. "Although you may want to be careful offering so much, Adir - after all, who says I would settle for just one of either? And that would make for a large cottage indeed."
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Rabbit for Supper]

Adir wags his finger at Sakura, beaming all the while. "You just gotta know what to invest to keep good people. A cottage is a small price to pay!"

The stag arches his eyebrow at Calanthe gamely. "Alright Casanova, you drive a hard bargain. A house. I'll do it myself." He spreads his hands and fingers in a widening gesture. "Just picture it. We'll be neighbors. Except... The kind where we pay you. Heck, we'll pay your whole new coven too. Send em' over. I'll put you all to work."

"Although I guess while you're sticking around you already have a house. In a sense. It's gonna be tough to explain you bringing home any squeezes to the kids, though, so maybe you could just hold off a little on the romance in general." Adir pouts at Calanthe and puts his hands on his chest. "For us."

The waiter returns just then with Sakura's drink, icy cold. He likely will ask the trio what they'd like to get started with, and if they've had a chance to decide what they're having for dinner.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Rabbit for Supper]

"I'm not sure Adir knows how to make a whole cottage." Sakura muses. Oh no, called out!

"I think the worst that would happen is that the kids would conduct an endless interrogation." The enthusiastic interest of all those kids is endless.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Rabbit for Supper]

Calanthe titters watching Adir gesture, a soft smile on her lips - although he might notice a flicker of... something at the term "coven". Discomfort, maybe? It's hard to place.

"I assure you I'd have the decency to be at least a little discreet if I were to do such a thing, if ever. I would not want to be disrespectful towards my host, after all," the witch assures after a brief sip of wine. "And I believe the phrase is 'polycule', though I do suppose the two are not mutually exclusive. It was quite common where I was raised."

After a moment, Calanthe chuckles. It's a rather pleasant sound. "Of course, it might be something for you two to encourage - you family always seems to be growing, and I'm sure extra hands would be very much appreciated."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Rabbit for Supper]

Sakura has a bit of a realization after not quite following what Calanthe and Adir were getting at. "Oh, wait, you mean. Polycule? Like, you mean, uh, having multiple partners? You can... do that?" Sakura shoots Adir a look. The 'gay' conversation is still pretty fresh on her mind.
~Images by Soushiyo
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Rabbit for Supper]

It seems it's finally Adir's turn to blush a little. He's been able to play the cool one for the most part in conversations between the three of them. He meets Sakura's gaze, smiling bashfully, raising his eyebrows as if in question.

"Well, I... I mean... anybody can do that. People can do whatever they want." He rubs the back of his head, glancing at Calanthe. He's not entirely sure if she means jokingly encouraging the help to bring friends, or something else. "I never thought of it as something to, uhm, 'encourage'?"

The stag takes a welcome sip of his wine, studying the tablecloth intensely for a second, before he does admit, "I might have experimented with-- with relationships like that, when I was still a lot younger."
AshenAmbrosia
Pronouns: she/her

Post by AshenAmbrosia »

[A Promising Date]

As the waiter (a lizardman with lovingly polished scales and horns, and a ravishing set of brightly colored quills) leaves the young couple to peruse their menus, a second figure glides over to their table. She's a tall, statuesque orc woman, wearing a long, richly embroidered cheongsam, flawlessly made up, with graying hair set in an elaborate bun with gold ornaments.

"My my, what a charming young couple," she says, her voice deep, husky, and crackling with amusement. "Seeing anything interesting? Please, don't be afraid to ask for suggestions."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[A Promising Date]

Anastasia doesn't see the woman at first, busy skimming her menu. but she certainly hears that voice. She straightens and turns towards her - and then, after a beat, the fox cranes her neck to actually look all the way up, cheeks a little pink as eyes focus on the towering woman's face.

There's an interesting mix of emotions on display there - surprise, friendliness, a nice dash of "oh dear this lady is tall"... and after a moment, a curious sense of recognition, an unspoken kinship. But what could they possibly have in common between them?

"O-oh, um- hello," Anastasia peers over from the other side of Eliseo, awkwardly trying to pretend like she wasn't feeling strangely spellbound for a brief moment there. "There- there's been a few things, yeah! I'm still not like, super sure where to start on food honestly," she answers with a giggle.

[Rabbit for Supper]

For her part, Calanthe seems surprised. "Oh, yes! I forget it is not too common an occurrence - I was raised by four women myself." There's an apologetic undercurrent to her tone as she sees Adir turn a little awkward about this topic, but she still offers the two a friendly smile. "It's as Adir says, yes - people can do whatever they want, and sometimes, a group of people love each other enough to want to make it work."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Promising Date]

Eliseo glances up, then up higher. "Oh, hello." He gives her a smile that comes easily to his lips. "I'd take recommendations. We've never been here before, so the menu's not too familiar."

[Rabbit for Supper]

"Huh. I mean, I guess it makes sense. Sorry if I'm asking awkward questions. Adir has been my only real relationship, so there's lots of things I don't really know or haven't experienced."

The dryad glances at her husband and gives him a curious look. They're never really talked in any depth about his relationship history. Mostly since it's never mattered to Sakura. "See? I'm the inexperienced one here. Which is a funny thing to say when you've been married for ten years."
~Images by Soushiyo
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Rabbit for Supper]

"No no, it's... it's fine. Honestly. You're allowed to ask whatever you want," Adir reaches out to softly rub his wife's arm and takes another generous sip of wine. "I think... it can be complicated, for sure, but the important thing is that everybody's fully on board with it. It can be... I mean, damn. It can really go up in flames if people don't know what they're getting into." He raises his eyebrows emphatically. "But there are plenty of... advantages, too. I'm sure Calanthe and her moms could attest to both angles."

The stag smiles when Sakura mentions how inexperienced she is. He leans back in his chair. "If it helps, all experience aside, it's been the best ten years of my life." He glances up and rubs his chin. "Now that we're talking about it, though. Coulda been even better with two wives... Hmmm..."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Rabbit for Supper]

"Oh, don't worry about it Sakura. I'm sure you've noticed that I quite enjoy getting chances to teach," Calanthe jokes, but otherwise lets Adir step in and do the talking here. She even nods in agreement a couple of times, watching him muse with a soft chuckle.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Rabbit for Supper]

"Ah! You!" Sakura swats Adir's arm playfully. "Look at this man. Nothing but trouble I'm telling you."

"Thanks for sharing, though." Sakura smiles. "But you said you have four moms, Calanthe? I guess we could hardly be more different in that way, since I had just one dad." She giggles.
~Images by Soushiyo
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Rabbit for Supper]

Adir only laughs dryly as he's swatted. He glances to Calanthe and smiles. Adding to the comment about moms, Adir asks the rabbit, "So what was that like? If you don't mind our asking. Not just the moms, but four parents. Sounds chaotic."