Bloodsong's Oasis - Jazz Club and Speakeasy

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Re: Bloodsong's Oasis - Jazz Club and Speakeasy

Post by Arkhosia »

[Rabbit for Supper]

”Oh - erm, I think I’m okay, just… drunker than expected. Thank you, miss Frescot.” Calanthe offers the both of them an apologetic smile, not quite willing to admit she needs the help but unwilling to fully turn it down. She does lightly lean into the smaller woman for support, however.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Tags:
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[Rabbit for Supper]

"Oh it's okay. How 'bout I help you?" Sakura smiles up at Calanthe and then hooks her arm into the other woman's. "Just lean on me if you're unsteady again. Don't worry, I'm not so fragile." She assures.
~Images by Soushiyo
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Rabbit for Supper]

Adir grins. "She's really not. I dunno what word I'd use for it. She's, uh," Adir frames an imaginary picture with his hands. "Robust. It's how she carries all those kids around."

"You two hobble on out, I'll go get us a cab, okay?" Adir holds up his hands in a reassuring gesture and will take off to do just that.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Rabbit for Supper]

"Mm, she certainly is," Calanthe assents sagely, taking a step or two before leaning into the dryad again. She smiles. "That does sound wise - I would not want to see either of us drive right now. Nor Sakura, for that matter."
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Rabbit for Supper]

Sakura giggles and gives Adir a little wave as he steps away. "It wouldn't be a good time to try it, that's for sure." She starts to steer Calanthe toward the entrance. "Maybe next time we do this a bit less to drink, though. Not that I didn't have fun." She comments lightly.
~Images by Soushiyo
Magtok
Pointy Eared Baby Devourer

Post by Magtok »

Unfashionably Early
Reina wrote: "Ilpholin's that demon hunter lady over in Riverside right?"
"Yeah, her. The very, very indiscriminate demon hunter. I know we were both AMENites, that she wasn't the best person even before demons killed her girlfriend and broke her psyche, but when I found out about the pregnancy, I had some glimmer of hope that raising a kid might mellow her out a little, get her off the battlefield long enough to stop seeing red. I mean, AMEN is long dead, she works with Vigil, and she has a kid. You'd think any one of those things would be enough to help get her moral compass straightened out, but..." Magtok sighs, and orders an Old Fashioned for himself. Not out of any particular preference for the drink, but more to match the atmosphere and setting. He's probably not even going to sip at it; alcohol is for people who like having their inhibitions and self-control loosened, whereas Magtok would rather be shot in the knee than compromise his mastery over his own thoughts and urges.
Reina wrote: Despite the shaking of her head, she still seems to be bemused based on her smile. "We find it fairly easy given that each important locale in the Nexus that we're involved at all with has one Rein designated to it. No more, no less. Not that HALO Rein couldn't visit Riverside or anything, but he'd have to at least inform Tovia's partner. All it takes is a little principles and integrity," Reina smirks, quite possibly joking.
"Principles and integrity," Magtok repeats with a deadpan expression, with only the faintest glimmer of a stifled chuckle hiding in his eyes, which is then immediately overshadowed by something vaguely akin to guilt. Not actual, genuine guilt, but more like guilt by proxy, vicariously experiencing guilt for someone else's stupid nonsense. Those stupid other Magtoks and all of their stupid bullshit.

"Anyway, besides shaming the other guy for being too chicken to go on his own date, what've you been up to? I only skimmed the MERC memory file, so I'm sorry if I make you repeat anything." The clone considers closing his eyes and processing the entire memory, but thinks better of it. Whatever the scout did or said back then, it's been tainted by his ridiculous date swap nonsense, so better to start from a clean slate instead, right?
"You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
-Daniel H. Wilson
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Unfashionably Early]

"If it didn't work for us, I can't imagine it working for her." Reina's chin drapes atop her glove hands as she listens with interest, a wry grin on her face. "I suppose I'd better avoid her then. She doesn't sound like the kind of person who would forgive a certain... relative of mine for seducing her and stealing her magical whip while she was sleeping only to sell it a charity auction."

No regrets.

The conversation turns to Reina and she leans back a little. Guess she'll have to repeat some things. "Well the kids grew up and moved out so I immediately took the opportunity to get out of the house by joining MERC. Magtok and I have been working with Pania and buffering our psychic defenses for the inevitable showdown with MagPrime. During one of my MERC jobs, I killed a fabled thunder bird of madness for a client who was apparently secretly sucking up the bird's power and also secretly a King and also messed it up somehow. So now I have seer powers cause my mind is being forced open by spirits and I can see the past and the future. Sometimes even accurately. Almost never usefully. I'm training with a sea snake who is married to a plant lady to control the powers and make it a bit more obvious what's real and what's just a vision. But I also still have to glance over my shoulder once in a while in case the King comes back for that and decides to kill me for them."

"So. You know. Normal Rein stuff." Reina takes a light sip of her wine.
► SHOW SPOILER
Magtok

Post by Magtok »

[Unfashionably Early]

"You know, I'd always wondered how the hell he got his hands on that whip. That makes a lot more sense than any of my theories," Magtok admits. Some of those ideas were pretty out there, too. Calublufiok's ghost manipulating probability so their extradimensional storage spaces would drift through metaphysical space and collide with one another, Ilpholin trading it away to a pawn shop who sold it to a collector of Association memorabilia who sold it to Reinholdt, and the 'every past, present, and future pawn of Calublufiok is secretly some kind of Manchurian Candidate sleeper agent still under his control and capable of colluding and trading with one another' theory was especially ridiculous. Y'know, sometimes it's a good idea to keep Occam's Razor in mind, Mags.

"The other guy met your king, by the way. I don't recall the exact details, but there was a lot of one-sided animosity. It was a short chat by the front door, something about the fae ruler staying in the Nexus’s collective consciousness, needing relevancy to stay alive, and thanking the clone for being there for Ilpholin and the newborn, which I'm sure confused the hell out of that Mag since he had nothing to do with that," the clone explains, taking a sip of his-oh Raptor Christ this drink is even worse than he thought it’d be, blegh. At least there’s not much of it; he can just splash the whole thing down his throat all in one go if he has to.

"Hmm…you know, if he needs people to keep his mythology alive to have any power, I bet if you built some sort of massive ritual circle, used it to cast a curse to wipe all memories of him from everyone in the Nex-wait, no, terrible idea" Magtok shakes his head, recalling a certain other cat and their meddling with human consciousness, and decides this is one of those schemes that definitely doesn’t need to be brought to fruition. Don’t need visions of the future to know that’s a bad idea. Way, way, way too many ways for it to all go horribly wrong, and that’s even operating under the generous assumption that Reina doesn’t do anything else with the ritual.

"You might be able to hurt him if you made an award-winning best-seller children’s novel about a catgirl who outsmarts bumbling idiot fae royalty, though. Easier said than done, of course, but a lot safer, and- he stops and sets his awful throat-scalding drink down, raising an eyebrow.

"So how much of tonight have you already seen in advance?" He asks suddenly, a stray thought throwing all others into disarray. The notion that magic could accurately predict his actions is just so foul he can’t help but ask, to get the unpleasant idea out of his head before it can ruin the whole evening. If there’s one thing Magtok hates, aside from the end of the world, it’s determinism, but those visions are just random possibilities, surely, a dart thrown at a board stretching to infinity. Not proof of the existence of fate.
"You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
-Daniel H. Wilson
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

Two visitors arrive at Bloodsong's, separately but around the same time. They are also two very different people.

One is a towering giant of a man, with dark grey hair, streaked with silver. He has a long beard, tied into a neat braid. His shoulders are draped with a dark green cloak, held by a silver clasp in the shape of a moose's antlers. He strides into the establishment with confidence and presence. This definitely looks like his kind of place.

The other new arrival looks considerably more out of place. A slim, blonde woman with glasses, she looks around nervously, as if expecting some kind of danger. But she has heard that this place is frequented by alchemists, among other kind of people, and she really needs to get out more.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Unfashionably Early]

"Wiping everyone's memory with a ritual circle, huh? Hmmm..." Reina seems to be taking the suggestion quite seriously, mulling it over with her glass of wine. A ritual circle was inelegant at times, though the ritual components Reina would be able to get ahold of fairly easily. She already knows a base potion that could suffice quite well. And this wouldn't necessarily have to be about the King in Rags. HMMM...

Her tail swishes slowly as she considers the concept a little longer than necessary, before replying to Magtok. "Well actually, by my understanding, that HALO Rein is working something very similar to deal with the King in Rags. Maybe not necessarily about catgirls, though I'm going to insist to him now that you mentioned it. Basically they intend to create some stories that paint the King in a particularly bad and weak light and then distribute them widespread? Fighting stories with stories or something like that. I heard that the King is actually the subject of that Banished King story that everyone knows. You know the one." The one that very strangely showed up in the world's collective subconscious a while ago, somehow permeating cultures and history and you always remember your version of the story being told to you even if you don't remember where you heard it from.

The beautiful catgirl giggles as Magtok concerns himself with whether this is all old news to Reina, whether she's watched this scene on mind tv before. "Not enough clearly. After all, you got here before I expected, remember?" If she were following a prescribed vision path, then she'd have arrived even earlier! "Honestly, nothing really. They're rarely so convenient. I have no idea whether the service will be any good. Whether you'll fall heads over heels for me. How... far things go tonight," Reina gives a catlike smirk and leans forward, resting her chin on one hand as her cleavage comes together and does the talking for her.
► SHOW SPOILER
AshenAmbrosia
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: she/her

Post by AshenAmbrosia »

[A Promising Date]

Sokhatai recommends some food (as discussed).
Magtok

Post by Magtok »

Unfashionably Early

Magtok winces a little when the memory ritual idea isn't immediately discarded. Fortunately he has all of his memories saved electronically, so a missing file or two could easily be identified and replaced within a week, but even if his own thoughts and history are safe, if the cats destroyed, just as a worst case scenario example, their entire history of collaborating with Calubulufiok...I mean, everyone's already more or less forgotten about it, but if they also thought he was insane for believing those events happened...okay, honestly that's also not very different from how things are now. But still!

"So I don't have to worry about competing with alternate timeline versions of myself until I've stuck around long enough to feature regularly in your dreams," he remarks, his gaze dipping for a moment when he raises his drink to his lips what are you talking about he's been maintaining eye contact this whole time don't be ridiculous.

"Well I can't promise anything yet, but if we can find common ground that isn't gossiping about our clone siblings like a pair of spies trading state secrets, if we can avoid kidnapping each other for further interrogation in a secondary location, if our evening isn't suddenly interrupted by armed terrorists storming the club...actually I'm not so sure those last two are necessarily deal-breakers," he muses with a smirk, before glancing back towards the door, trying to make it look casual and unworried, even though his mere mention of it has made the spontaneous arrival of a demon liberation front at least ten times more likely than it was before. Also, hold on, what was that about kidnapping or being kidnapped?
-Daniel H. Wilson
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Unfashionably Early]

Reina's fingers slowly run up and down along the stem of her glass, smirking about something. "Oh I wouldn't worry about the competition. Surely you can outclass and outperform any alternate timeline versions of yourself. If you try, that is." For any given Magtok, it is vital to stroke their ego as it provides them with much needed nourishment and motivation.

"Well if you do kidnap me, take me to a proper hotel, yes? Warehouses and chemical factories are just so grimy," Reina recommends, barely missing a beat. She doesn't think Magtok will kidnap her tonight as there's just so little profit in it and he wasn't expecting her so he doesn't have the proper accommodations set up. But he might kidnap her later.

Reina's eyes follow Magtok's to the door, but fails to see anything happen to make it worth either of their attention. She looks back at Magtok. "Did you hire armed terrorists to storm the club fifteen minutes into dinner so that you would have a reason to leave if it was going badly, hmmmm?" Most people just ask a friend to call with a fake emergency, not stage a real one.
► SHOW SPOILER
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Promising Date]

The teens deliberate their opens and settle on a couple of Sokhatai's suggestions. Japchae for Ana, tonkatsu ramen for Eliseo, and mandu on the side for them to share. Ana best watch herself if she wants her fair share, though. Eliseo tends to devour food.

The two enjoy their meal, banter and chat. It's a lovely date over a lovely meal, but there's something hanging over Eliseo. The plan. He's got to execute the plan. They're perusing the desert menu when Eliseo decides to work up the courage. "Um, I had something for you actually." He interrupts.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[A Promising Date]

Eliseo may tend to devour things, but Anastasia's no slouch either. She is a growing gal with a lingering curse of hunger, after all - though there will surely be at least one protest when her boyfriend snatches a doughy semi-circle right from under her chopsticks.

Dinner passes by delightfully, as it always does when Eliseo's with Ana, and she practically glows as the evening carries on. The coziness of the occasion, the warmth between them - the night already feels magical, but even she can tell that there's something in the back of her boyfriend's mind.

"Oh! Um, what sorta thing?" Ana's eyebrows raise, and she leans in inquisitively. All her attention is on him now, and there's surely there's no pressure to this.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Promising Date]

Eliseo shifts in his seat, working up the final bit of courage. "Well, I've noticed you thinking about the future," like picturing blond babies, "and I want you to know that I'm thinking about the future too. Because I love you more than anything."

He breaks eye contact for a moment to reach into his pocket. He pulls out a little box and opens it. Inside are two silver rings, one thin with a twisting shape and set with an amethyst, and the other more simple and thick and set with a blue sapphire. He lifts his eyes back to hers. "They're, um, promise rings." He explains with a nervous smile.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[A Promising Date]

Anastasia's heart flutters, then positively melts as Eliseo flips open the case and shows her the contents. She gasps, a hand rising to her mouth as her cheeks heat up. She looks from the rings, to Eliseo. And then to the rings, and back to Eliseo again. It takes a moment for her to speak, though the glimmer in her eyes makes it clear just how much she adores the gesture and the boy beside her. "Ohmigosh, Eliseo! Y-you shouldn't have!"
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Promising Date]

Eliseo's smile broadens into a grin. "I wanted to. You're so special to me and I want you to remember that every time you see your ring." He reinforces. Then he plucks her ring out of the box. "Do you want me to put it on?" He asks, his eye alight with joy. If she says yes, he'll take her left hand and slip it onto her middle finger.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[A Promising Date]

All Ana can do is vigorously nod and offer her hand when Eliseo asks, words failing her in the moment as her cheeks heat up and her eyes sparkle. When the deed is done, she looks down at the beautiful new ring on her finger - a perfect fit - and then back up with an ecstatic smile.

”Y-y’know, if that was a proposal I’d have probably said yes right then and there,” Ana admits with a nervous giggle. After a moment, she looks between the case and Eliseo, and gets a little shy when she asks, ”Can I- can I put yours on you?”
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Promising Date]

Eliseo's cheeks flush red at that. "I think both our parents might have freaked out at that." His laughter joins hers. Then he holds the box higher for her to take the other ring. "Go ahead." Once she takes it he puts the box down and offers his hand.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[A Promising Date]

"Okay, um -" Ana reaches out to retrieve the silver band from the box, then gently cradles Eliseo's hand in the palm of her own. She raises the ring up - and then, butterflies filling her stomach, she slides it slowly onto his left middle finger. Her touch is ginger, almost a little nervous, and the fox's face heats up as she does so. The closeness and significance of the moment is really starting to sink in.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Promising Date]

Eliseo isn't sure where he wants to watch, her eyes or the ring going on. When it's firmly in place, he lifts his other hand to takes Ana's in his and lifts her hands so he can kiss her knuckles. "I love you." He whispers. He can't keep the excited little smile off his face.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[A Promising Date]

Ana's cheeks are pink enough by the time Eliseo clasps her hand in his and raises it up, the shiny new ring on her finger glinting in the warm light of the restaurant. So when her boyfriend presses his lips to her hand and tells her he loves her, the fox goes positively scarlet, eyes widening as her heart flutters and the energy overwhelms her. "E-el...."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Promising Date]

Eliseo's smile splits and he barely suppresses the urge to giggle. "It's okay. You can kiss me instead." He suggests, and moves to do just that.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[A Promising Date]

Still a little too overwhelmed for words, Ana nods eagerly, leaning in to press her lips against Eliseo. She blossoms into it, butterflies bursting into her chest - and when she finally pulls away after a long, long moment, unable to help a gentle bite at the lip, she stares back into Eliseo’s eyes, her whole countenance sparking. ”I love you too.”
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Promising Date]

Eliseo returns the kiss for a long moment before they break away. He hardly wants to lean away from her though. He wants nothing more than to just stay close to her and kiss her and- "How about we skip dessert? We still want to watch a movie at my place, right?" He suggests.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[[A Promising Date]

”I, um - yeah. Yeah that sounds great,” Ana responds, her cheeks flushed. She moves to get up from her seat, eager to leave before remembering where they are and waving for a waiter to provide them their check.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Promising Date]

"Oh, one more thing before we go." Eliseo says while they wait for that. "Irena made me promise to take a picture with the rings, for mom." he rubs the back of his head with mild embarrassment.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[A Promising Date]

The shift in topic throws Anastasia for a bit of a loop, the fizzling sensation of warm affections still filling her like sparkling champagne as she waits for the moment to break away from the table and drag Eliseo to more private confines. She blinks in surprise. "O-oh! Um, sure - I mean, like, it'd be kinda nice to have a photo to remember anyways." She leans back against her boyfriend's side. "Sooo, any ideas on how to do it?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Promising Date]

"Uh, come here." Eliseo grabs his phone and gets in close with Ana. He wraps his left arm around her. "So, put your hand on top of mine." Once they fiddle a bit with the positioning, he holds up the phone and leans his head towards hers. "Ready?" When she confirms, he turns his head to kiss her cheek as he snaps the picture.
~Images by Soushiyo