Seaside

Locales abroad of the city centers, from out of doors to the outer planes.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Re: Seaside

Post by quillpleasant »

Beach

Harley tilts his head as he considers. "Well, that does make sense- but I wouldn't want to ask it of you, you've already done so much for me." It may have been only a conversation and a few drinks of water, but that's more than he's had in a long while.

"I guess its your decision, otherwise I can try to think of something else." Not that there's a lot of other options except to strike out away from the ocean and hope for the best.
horses can attack and eat me

Tags:
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

Beach

Raheeda waves her hand dismissively. "Ehh, I'm curious on what's on that ship too now. And who knows? Maybe there's someone in there that needs help. Since that tiny boat wasn't nearly big enough to take everyone on a ship like that, right?"

Unless of course they took several trips back and forth. Would probably just have needed another trip, assuming a skeleton crew for a barque of that size.
"Anyway, so that's the plan then. See you in a little bit!" And so Raheeda starts running towards the ocean unless he had something else to say.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Beach

"Oh that's true! It would be great if we could help some people," says Harley, clearly excited by the possibility. "Be careful though! He watches anxiously as Raheeda heads for the water, beginning to pace a little as he waits.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Draconic Talks]

Askeladd spreads his arms wide, to block as much of the flame as possible with his own body. In doing so, he grows, his limbs becoming long and gangly, his beard growing and a moose's antlers growing from his forehead. Soon he's standing as a towering hybrid, muscles corded and brimming with power. The affable storyteller gone, replaced by an angry shapeshifting god-monster.

Heedless of the flames that wash over him, even as his hair smoulders and smokes, he strides up to Bishmu and presses down on its maw with his hands. Trying to simply keep it shut with his demigod strength.

"Enough. I told you I won't let you hurt these people. Stop this tantrum before I am forced to take drastic measures."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Draconic Talks]

Bishmu looks more confused than anything at this development as he's still largely preoccupied with trying to pull himself out of the painting. He doesn't even seem to be considering the option of retreating.
Which is why he gets his jaw clapped shut by Askeladd as the now giant demigod engages with him.

Oh. The dragon states, sounding oddly subdued after all his earlier bluster. It looks like he might consider doing something else but stops himself as Megeshi can be heard trying to address the panicked crowd.

"It's alright, it's over now." As she speaks small rain clouds starts to form around her and moves out to put out whatever furniture and cloth that caught fire by Bishmu's flames.

The priest uses the brief pause created by her loud voice to intervene. "Uh... the dragon speaks the truth! Let's all just calmly exit so we may collect ourselves."
And with that people start to calm down somewhat. And while they very much prefer not being near either of these titanic beings right now they're no longer trying to push themselves of the door at the same time.

Beach

Off Raheeda goes swimming and she does it decently well enough for someone who apparently haven't even seen the ocean.
So she eventually reaches the ship but has less success there. Since it's only after nearly half an hour of attempts trying to to clamber onto it that she finally manages to heave herself up onto the deck.

Harley can't see it from this distance bup she's trying to give him the thumbs up as she gets up from the floor and starts to rummage around on the ship.

At least it doesn't take long for her to start to proudly wave around a pair of oars once she starts looking.
Then after all that she climbs back down and swims back to the beach with her prize.
Once she gets up her robes are absolutely dripping wet but she doesn't seem to mind. "Got- got them!" She exclaims breathlessly while still trying to catch her breath.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Beach

Harley watches with increasing anxiety as Raheeda struggles to get aboard the ship. There's absolutely nothing he can do to help, which is what makes it so worrying. He settles for sitting down and waiting, heart in his throat.

Once she presents the oars Harley stands, giving a loud cheer. He's smiling broadly when she arrives back on shore.

"That was incredible! Swimming all that way would be difficult anywhere, let alone with heavy robes in a choppy ocean. I can't overstate my gratitude," he says, reaching out to clap her shoulder. He looks with concern at how soaked she is.

"You might also need a change of clothes, I'd hate for you to risk hypothermia," he observes.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Draconic Talks]

Askeladd breathes out. He did not want this. These people will now see him for what he is, rather than the humble knowledge-seeker he wanted to present himself as. And they'll fear him, as they're right to. He lets go of Bishmu's head.

"Now, perhaps, we can all speak like reasonable people, as I hoped to do when I came here."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Beach

Raheeda let's the oars drop on the ground and then takes some time to catch her breath.
"They- they're not that heavy." She insists after a few moments.
Her robes are made of some kind of silk which is, despite her insistence, hardly the most water resistant of material. They're very fine and rather thin, made for the desert, so there's a limit to how much water they can soak up. But entering the water with them was still probably not the wisest of decisions.

Something Raheeda must have realized at some point while swimming as she's now ready to start to pull them off.

"Uh, did I tell you that I am an elf?" She suddenly remarks, seemingly at random. "Like, with animal features and stuff." Since she has already pulled off the gloves she used which makes it clear that they're covered in red scales. "Since some elves do have that." This seems like an important factoid to her.

Sure enough, once she managed to pull off the rest of the dripping clothes, the rest of her body is also covered in scales in a patter that might remind Harley of something. In fact besides the pointy ears Raheeda does not seem particularly elf-like at all. Even her hair doesn't actually seem to be made of actual hair as it might remind him more of feathers.

Thankfully she stops pulling off clothes once she gets to her underwear even if they're drenched too. "Phew." She wipes off what's either sweat or saltwater off her brow and then sticks out her tongue in what must be disgust. "Bleh, I can still feel that stupid salted water in my mouth. Ewww!"

[Draconic Talks]

"I knew violence was the only language this one understood." Megeshi hisses as she turns around to face Bishmu. "Like most dragons you're too proud to communicate until sense is beaten into your thick skull." She's talking almost as if she wasn't a dragon herself.

Bishmut takes all this criticism fairly calmly however. But anything can be considered calm compared to how he reacted earlier.
"...what was it you wanted from me exactly?" He isn't even trying to to be LOUD anymore. Which is an improvement.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Beach

"Any clothes make swimming harder. I should know," says Harley, looking ruefully at his tattered outfit.

He tilts his head at the elf comment. "You didn't mention, but that's cool." He has no idea why that would be important to notify him of. Maybe elves were discriminated against where she came from, or something. It also doesn't occur to him that most elves are not covered in scales.

Speaking of scales, for once he is rather glad for his mask since it hides his blushing face as she disrobes. He was expecting her to want more privacy, and he wasn't expecting the first person he ran into after being washed up on a random beach to be a pretty snake girl. Wait, that's it. The pattern of her scales is very similar to that of a coral snake. That's why he's looking, and no other reason.

Giving his head a little shake to clear it, he nods. "Yeah, that stuff is nasty. I think I inhaled enough to last me a lifetime." He picks up one of the oars and gives it an experimental swing. "Do you want to rest for a bit before we set off? Or I can paddle and you can rest in the boat, I can probably manage it if we go slowly."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Beach

"Nah, I think I've rested long enough now. Need somewhere to hang my robes first though. Otherwise they'll never dry." She starts bending down to start to pick up her still dripping garb off the ground.
"Just- just a moment!" Then she runs off in the direction of the jungle.
Soon returning without the clothes she gives him the thumbs up.
"Okay, dude. I'm ready to go. Let's get paddlin' or whatever they call it." She remarks as she starts pushing the dinghy towards the waterline.

Once they reach the water she stops however. "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. I saw a body up there on the bridge. Like, a dead one. The way it smelled it couldn't have been there for longer than a day or so." Rather specific.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Beach

Harley watches bemusedly as she runs off into the jungle. What a fascinating person. He waits patiently, returning her thumbs up as she comes back.

"You know, not many people would go to all this trouble for a total stranger. I really appreciate it," he remarks as he helps push the boat to the water.

At the body comment, he narrows his eyes behind the mask. Who measures things by smell? Well, snakes do. Or elves.
"That's not totally surprising. People don't usually abandon their ships unless something bad happened. If there's anyone else still alive, maybe we can help." He's not holding his breath for that though.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Earl of Purple wrote: Mar 20, 2023 3:10 pm Off the Coast

"Well, I be hopin' so. But it not th' first time I be sailin' twixt th' worlds wi'out noticin'. Though last time it were more o' a march 'cross Davy Jones' Locker." Which raises the intriguing prospect that perhaps Frigate died and this is the afterlife, and has been since he emerged onto that island in Seaside. Frigate dismisses the prospect rapidly; he can't remember dying, and besides he's not sure he's got a soul to travel to an afterlife.

The demons might be able to tell that yes, Frigate does have a soul... but he doesn't know that.
Keeper wrote: Mar 24, 2023 1:06 pm Off the Coast

"You have already traded five men for two." Krayger observes. "How much exactly are you willing to lose for us?"
Without warning, Krayger hops over the rail he's been standing next to and down the ladder built into the side of the hull. A hull that is soon being battered by a exceptionally thunderous hammer low enough down to be very concerning.
"I would suggest-" wham "-that you give me and frigate the boat we came in on-" wham "-or you'll find out what 'Sunk Cost' is."
[Off The Coast]

Krayger's hammer does, indeed, tear out satisfying chunks of the hull, just above the waterline and going further down.

"Is that a fact?" The boy asks, curious and completely unperturbed by Krayger hammering away at the hull. "I haven't lost anything yet. Misplaced, at most."

The other demons, however, are considerably more panicked.

"Stop that!"
"You idiot! You're going to kill us all!"
"You can't out-crazy her! Stop trying before you make things-"

"You know something?" The young captain raises his fingers, middle over the thumb and tensing up. "I was getting bored anyway. Maybe we should spice things up a bit."

snap!

The sound reverberates over the water as the crew falls silent. The ones that are standing closest to Krayger and Frigate stop in their tracks, their faces contorted into expressions of pure dread.

"...Well? What are you curs waiting for? Man your battle stations!" The captain grins, slipping on his eyepatch.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

quillpleasant wrote: Apr 05, 2023 11:05 pm Beach

Harley watches bemusedly as she runs off into the jungle. What a fascinating person. He waits patiently, returning her thumbs up as she comes back.

"You know, not many people would go to all this trouble for a total stranger. I really appreciate it," he remarks as he helps push the boat to the water.

At the body comment, he narrows his eyes behind the mask. Who measures things by smell? Well, snakes do. Or elves.
"That's not totally surprising. People don't usually abandon their ships unless something bad happened. If there's anyone else still alive, maybe we can help." He's not holding his breath for that though.
Beach

"Hey, I do this sort of stuff all the time. It's no big deal." She assures him with a nod and a big smile. "Besides, I got the dip in the ocean I wanted now, didn't I? Just wish I had those special clothes for it instead of my robes. That would probably have made that way easier." Or she could have just taken them off first.

She doesn't seem to hold the same theory regarding the body as he does though. "Or something happened to the crew while they were waiting for the others to get back." She gestures at the bargque. "Since that haven't been here long at all."
Then as they sit down in the boat she looks him over. "So are you sure you're up for paddling alone? You still look a bit messed up."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Off the Coast

Frigate will stride over to the side, gazing out at whatever might be out there- if anything. He's still not too worried, though starting to feel that perhaps he should be. There's something going on beyond his experience, he just doesn't know what.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Beach

"You realize that doing this stuff a lot makes it more impressive, not less, right? But yeah, maybe next time we'll be better dressed for swimming," says Harley jokingly.

He nods at the boat theory. "That's possible too, yeah. Hopefully whatever happened, it's no danger to us." He's been thinking about the possibility of there being some kind of killer or monster about. "Speaking of, did you happen to notice how they died?"

Sitting on the boat, he grabs the oars and pushes off into the water. "You've been helping me a lot, I can handle this. I'm tougher than I look, you know." And with that he begins to row over towards the boat. He's not the speediest, but most of his cuts are on his torso and legs, leaving his arms free to work the oars.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Beach

"Sorry, no." She replies with a shake of her head when he asks about the cause of death. "They were face down on the floor and I didn't want to get too close in case the body was haunted." She casually leans over the railing of the dinghy and dips her hand into the mighty blue as he starts to row.

"There wasn't any blood though, or wounds for that matter. Looks like the poor dude had simply collapsed where he stood." She continues while staring down into the glittering ocean. Then a thought seems to occur to her. "So what sort of 'good' deeds do you need to perform anyway? Like, do you get negative points if you perform not-good deeds?" Such as planning to steal from a ship before you knew that part of the crew was dead?
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Beach

"Oh yeah, good call on the haunting. I forgot all about ghosts." A very normal thing to forget. "Well hopefully it's nothing dangerous."

Harley pauses for a moment to catch his breath, flexing his fingers. "Anything that makes people happy, I guess? Since the phrasing was about bringing joy. And yes, it has to be a thousand times the suffering I cause, so doing anything to hurt people sets me back a lot." Presumably that also applies to things like self defense. "But if someone can't suffer, for instance if they're dead or unaware, then it doesn't count. Loophole!"

He begins to row again when another thought occurs to him. "Uh... unless their spirit is watching. Then it might count as giving them mental suffering. Hm." All the more reason to avoid the restless dead.

As they approach the ship, Harley looks around to see if there's a ladder anywhere, or a handy coil of rope. Boats have ropes sometimes, right?
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

quillpleasant wrote: Apr 06, 2023 4:06 pm Beach

"Oh yeah, good call on the haunting. I forgot all about ghosts." A very normal thing to forget. "Well hopefully it's nothing dangerous."

Harley pauses for a moment to catch his breath, flexing his fingers. "Anything that makes people happy, I guess? Since the phrasing was about bringing joy. And yes, it has to be a thousand times the suffering I cause, so doing anything to hurt people sets me back a lot." Presumably that also applies to things like self defense. "But if someone can't suffer, for instance if they're dead or unaware, then it doesn't count. Loophole!"

He begins to row again when another thought occurs to him. "Uh... unless their spirit is watching. Then it might count as giving them mental suffering. Hm." All the more reason to avoid the restless dead.

As they approach the ship, Harley looks around to see if there's a ladder anywhere, or a handy coil of rope. Boats have ropes sometimes, right?
Beach==> Ship

"Sounds kinda complicated." Raheeda comments as she lazily flicks the water with her hand. "Since a lot of stuff that makes some people happy makes other sad. Like, what about yourself? Do you get negative points if you cause yourself to suffer? Since others that look at you might feel suffering too. 'Cause empathy and stuff." She gestures vaguely at him.

At this point they reach the ship. However, there's no ladder.
Not in the section of the ship which the dinghy reaches first at least. Raheeda did look around for such a ladder while trying to get up but didn't have much luck.
Of course, things were different now. "Okay, cool." She remarks while standing up and starts to walk over to him. "Now just stand there and let me climb up on you."
Raheeda will give him little to no warning otherwise as she grabs onto his shoulders and hoists herself up. "Hupp!"
She's not terribly heavy so at least he won't have too much difficult lifting her.
Spending a moment climbing she then stands up on his shoulders and makes a short leap up to a rope she can grab onto.

The rest is easy as she climbs up and then throws down a rope to him. Something she probably should have done the first time she got onboard.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Draconic Talks]

"Yes, indeed. I've quickly learned how common stubbornness is among dragons." Askeladd's jab towards Megeshi is rather clear, but she might or might not notice it. "We wish only to learn the truth. Who are you and what is your connection to this painting?"
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Ship

"Yeah, I don't think the gods who cursed me really expected me to ever, you know, succeed. It was more about punishing me with hope," says Harley, shrugging a little sadly, "And I'm pretty sure my own suffering doesn't count, since it's about what I bring to other people. I also think it has to be direct actions, like if someone sees my mask and has a fear of rabbits and gets scared, that's not something I did. But if I knowingly sought them out to scare them, that'd be different." He files away the empathy comment for more thought.

He stands, ready to hoist Raheeda up, then the wind is knocked from him as she leaps on his back. It's less the weight, and more the surprise. However, he's strong despite his slight build, and he manages to keep her relatively steady as she scales the side of the ship.

"Being used as a ladder is a first, but I'm not complaining," he remarks as he scales the robe with surprising nimbleness given his wounds, coming to stand beside her on the deck.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Draconic Talks]

Megeshi snorts. "I wasn't going to say anything but if you hadn't knocked me off him we wouldn't have had those flames."

Bishmu looks between the two as if they had been an arguing married couple but doesn't comment on it. "I've already told you my name. I am Bishmutraxx, the great flame."

This name seems to provoke a reaction from Megeshi who tilts her head.

"Ah, you've heard of me." The dragon can barely contain his pride.

"...yes." She had spoken directly to him in fact. Something she only now realized. Since how could she have forgotten this idiot?
"In particular of your interest in humanoid women."

Bishmu blinks. "Who told you that? It is a lie."

"A woman who you tried to 'seduce'. If one can call it that. But perhaps you would rather discuss his second question instead? Since we like to know your connection to the painting." Her eyes narrow and she let's out another hiss. "Hold on, the woman who came here. Just what was you connection to her?"

"None. Absolutely none. Look, the painting... I just wanted to watch over this town. Protect it in a way. That's why we- I had it made. It's connected to it's twin which is in my lair."

Ship

"Well, you probably just need to do something big and public. Like slaying some giant demon coming to kill everyone while an entire town is watching you. Like one of those duels of the fates, y'know?" Raheeda suggests.

"Oh, uh. sorry." She remarks sheepishly as she only now realized what the alternative solution would have been a lot easier. "But there it is, the body."

Sure enough, laying not far from where they boarded near the railing a man in a black coat lies completely still. Harley won't be able to see his face as he's facing the floor. Looks like he fell face first right into it and never stood up again.
The rest of the deck is empty. They can't see a single living soul, or more dead corpses for that matter.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Draconic Talks]

"Protect this town? Is that why you threatened to burn it to the ground? Or was a it a bluff?" Askeladd turns to look at Megeshi. "It appears you are already familiar with this one."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Draconic Talks]

"As I said, I've heard about him." Megeshi remarks, sounding like she'd prefer not to linger on the subject. Just continuing to glare daggers at Bishmu which is still a significant improvement from before.

"From that conniving 'scholar' no doubt." Bishmu laments as he squirms around on the floor. Seemingly rather frustrated by something as smoke raises from his nostrils. "Nothing but lies and rumors from her, I assure you. Since yes, of course I was not actually planning to attack. Do you really think I would have gone through all that trouble of having this wonderful art set up here if I did?" He gestures towards the painting of himself.
"Whatever anyone have told you the only 'crime' I could be accused of its being a patron of the arts."

"Except you didn't actually pay for this painting based on what the townspeople told us. Sounds more like a thief and a thug than a 'patron' to me."

"I pay them in protection, I assure you." Bishmu insists, pulling his head high. "Besides, you wouldn't understand. Not many dragons hoard actual art the way I do."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Draconic Talks]

"I am familiar with this form of protection. The Realm 'protects' its satrapies by not sending in the legions as long as they pay their tribute." To say Askeladd doesn't care for it would be putting it mildly. "Were you convinced to stop harassing these people by having a painting made of you?"
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Shadowcaller wrote: Apr 06, 2023 9:10 pm Ship

"Well, you probably just need to do something big and public. Like slaying some giant demon coming to kill everyone while an entire town is watching you. Like one of those duels of the fates, y'know?" Raheeda suggests.

"Oh, uh. sorry." She remarks sheepishly as she only now realized what the alternative solution would have been a lot easier. "But there it is, the body."

Sure enough, laying not far from where they boarded near the railing a man in a black coat lies completely still. Harley won't be able to see his face as he's facing the floor. Looks like he fell face first right into it and never stood up again.
The rest of the deck is empty. They can't see a single living soul, or more dead corpses for that matter.
Ship

Harley nods thoughtfully. "You know, I hadn't really thought about doing some huge public thing, but you might be onto something there. On the other hand I don't know the first thing about slaying demons, or anything else for that matter. And I feel like I'd need to do it a lot for it to be enough." He waves away her apology with a smile and kneels to inspect the body.

"Well, you're right. He's dead," says Harley helpfully. He draws a circle in the air and mutters something under his breath, then begins to pull the man's clothes off, flipping him over as he goes. He seems remarkably blasé about looting the corpse.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Draconic Talks]

"Now, now, while I pretended to intend to harm the villagers in the past I haven't done so ever since we made our deal. In fact, why do you think I like to keep an eye on them? So I can protect them from any invading armies of course. So yes, the paintings and some other goods were the payment for my future services."

Megeshi snorts dismissively. "Did you actually think anyone was going to buy that lie?"

Ship

"Well, uh, you got time right? All you need to do is train!" Raheeda exclaims. "I happen to be pretty good at fighting. I might even have killed a few demons in fact. I can't recall exactly."

But as he starts pulling off the man's clothes she doesn't look downright shocked, as she seems to have seen things like this before, but weary. "Uh, but what if its haunted?" She inquires. "They say just touching people can get you haunted too."

Now, even undressing the body he can't see any signs of injuries. However, the man's expression is rather telling.

Since it looks as if he had died of fright. His jaw seemingly locked in an eternal scream. His lifeless eyes wide-open and staring at what must have been the last thing he saw before his untimely demise.
However, other than that there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with him physically. Other than his heart has stopped beating of course. But it's rather difficult to tell the cause of death by just looking at a body.

"Very dead." Raheeda comments as she stares at the man's face. "Maybe he saw a ghost?"
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Ship

"You know, somehow I'm not surprised you've killed demons? You look like someone who would," says Harley, as he struggles with a boot. "Maybe you can give me some pointers sometime, if you're willing."

He taps his mask at the haunting question. "That's why I said a little prayer for his soul first. Not that it's a sure thing, but worth a try."

The man's expression does give Harley pause though. He peers at him, then shudders. "Well that doesn't look pleasant. Could be fright, could be poison. Whatever it is, I'm not sure we should stick around too long to find out."

Giving a nervous glance around deck, he begins to remove his own ragged clothes, choosing to use their holes to rip them off. In addition to his more recent scrapes and cuts, his back is covered in a patchwork of white scars. He pulls on the new, possibly haunted clothes and smooths them out. They're a little big on him, but at least they're relatively dry and undamaged.

The boots don't fit though, so with a look of distaste he drops them, remaining barefoot.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Draconic Talks]

Askeladd gives a long-suffering sigh.

"How foolish of me to think you were simply vainglorious and easily-riled. Or that you took bribes in exchange for not abusing your power. These people seem to have invested much trust in you through no effort on our own."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Ship

"Ehh... maybe. Not sure I'm good at explaining stuff like that." She answers in response to her potentially giving him demon slaying pointers. "It kinda just happens."

At the mention of the man potentially dying of fright she considers. "Oh yeah, I did fight a very nasty creature once that made me so scared that I nearly pissed myself. So scared that I ran away and I never do that. So I figured it had done something to my brain. With, y'know, magic and stuff. Oh and there was another time when I actually fought a ghost when that happened again..."

As she talks the deck of the boat lies still.
There's no signs of whatever had killed the man.
Assuming of course it could be seen. His still wide-open eyes certainly suggested that it could. Or that whatever poison that might have done him in had caused him to at least believe he saw something truly horrible.
However, on the horizon there's something of actual concern as on the horizon there's black clouds moving in from the north. The same direction as the wind is blowing which has started to pick up a bit.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Morty wrote: Apr 08, 2023 12:37 pm [Draconic Talks]

Askeladd gives a long-suffering sigh.

"How foolish of me to think you were simply vainglorious and easily-riled. Or that you took bribes in exchange for not abusing your power. These people seem to have invested much trust in you through no effort on our own."
[Draconic Talks]

Bishmu doesn't seem to like what either of them are implying. "Believe what you will but I've had a peaceful relationship with this town for a long time so I don't see why I should change anything."

Megeshi shakes her head dismissively, something which might make Askeladd pick up on the difference between the two dragons after having watched them interact for a while. Since Megeshi has a lot more human-like mannerisms than Bishmu. Shaking her head, gesturing, nodding, etc.
While Bishmu did that one occasion too, like when he pointed at his own painting, it seems like she must have had interacted with humanoids a lot more.
"But what about the woman that came to the town? Was she in on the whole thing then?"

The question makes Bishmu hesitate. "I... shouldn't say." He quickly decides.