Planeside

Locales abroad of the city centers, from out of doors to the outer planes.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Re: Planeside

Post by Rebonack »

[The Realm of Blue]

"Well, if you say so," Fortuna replies, smooshing her banana against her notepad. "And you must understand, boring is as boring does. It's about having something to strive for! A story to unfold! Sitting at home having all your needs met is an adventure for babies. Eventually the child needs to leave the safety of the crib and climb some trees! Fall down some stairs! Pretend about what could be! And occasionally get turned into a unicorn."

All very important milestones in someone's life.

And of course the sofa is a unicorn friendly sofa! It's made out of 100% Grade-A friendship.

"Ah, was it the mis-matched canines? I noticed that, too. A delightful little detail! But not my meddling, I assure you. That's just a little bit of chaos coming out in her as her magic deepens. I'm sure you've noticed, however, that her powers are a bit more orderly than my own? Khannie is her own somepony. Why? Did you think, perhaps, that she's growing up into a draconequus like little old me? Oh no, no, certainly not. No, the heart of a good joke is the unexpected."

Tags:
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

The Realm of Blue

”I’m not even good at being a unicorn.” Jace sighs at the same time his actual mouth makes an approximately similar noise.

”And no, I didn’t think you were gunning to make that happen. Just…I had to make sure, you know?

But no, it’s not that. It’s more like…Fortuna isn’t it quite enough? She’s already had to go from absorbing crystals to not become a monster to three more things in a year to now being two people at once and one of them is also ten more people that has to keep making new people to not eat anyone. And you’re not even done? What else could there possibly be?

For half a single day my daughter mostly had a grip on who and what she was, and I was the one who needed help. And then she went and eclipsed my problem tenfold and I don’t even know how to be a unicorn let alone help her be all the things she is. And you’re not DONE?”

And then his mental voice squeaks out. Quiet. Afraid.
And what happens to her after you are?
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[The Realm of Blue]

"The secret to being good at something, Jace my dear, is to first be terrible at it. Then, one day, you become just a little bit okay at something. You should have plenty of time to grow skilled at the unicorning. I'm sure once the foal arrives that will provide you with even more motivation. There's nothing quite like a child to force a parent to grow up," Fortuna laughs.

But then!

VERY SERIOUS subjects begin!

"Ah, I see, you're afraid the punchline may be the wrong sort of funny. Have you asked dear, sweet Khannie how she's feeling? I suspect you may be surprised. By my estimation she isn't two people, or ten, or eleven, or two i minus three. She's one. And only one. One beautiful, clever person with beautiful, clever dreams. Those dreams are growing. They always have. I'm sure you would love me to tell you what the climax of the story is, but that would be giving away the ending. And then, ah, what sort of story would that be?"

More banana notes are written.

"I'll let you in on an amusing secret. While I admit I've had a claw here and there with Khannie's grand adventures it has been a light touch. She may be my most enduring jest, but she has long since become her own running joke. So you shouldn't be asking me what happens after I'm done. You should be asking her where she thinks her myth is leading."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

The Realm of Blue

Jace does seem to relax a bit.
”Alright. I believe you. I hope this doesn’t make it seem like I don’t trust you. I trust you more than I should really trust someone who turned all my neighbor’s houses into ice cream. It’s just…I am her father of course. It’s my job to worry about these things.

And of course, you tell me to ask her as if she will tell me. Teenagers aren’t known for knowing what they want let alone where they’re going. And while Khannie dislikes lies, teenagers keep things from their parents.”

When was she planning on telling him that her boyfriend died and became a new person? Not before Spooktober apparently. Jace sounds like he’s in higher spirits at least.

At least until he gives a look like he’s about to throw up, all the arcane symbols on his coat light up (especially that large one on his flank) and a rock by Fortuna’s foot starts glowing and floats up to start orbiting her head.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[The Realm of Blue]

"Well, I AM as trustworthy as I am brilliant, beautiful, and humble," Fortuna replies, her tone not wavering for even a moment. "And if it makes you feel any better, I don't worry about her one bit. But I HAVE done what I can to make certain she doesn't meet an untimely end. Her escape from that terrible cat-rabbit would have been impossible if not for my fiendishly clever contribution."

Fortuna never misses an opportunity to take credit for something.

Which...

Is honestly her way to make it clear to Jace that she isn't asserting any sort of direct influence over Khannie's growth. If she were then she would be bragging about it.

"It's quite the struggle, isn't it? Trying to push the boulder of 'what did you do today at school?' up the hill? Ah, but trust me on this one. The next time she stops by the old Vallarm Family Home to visit ask her to tell you how she's feeling. The answer will shock you!"

Oh no that sounds like click-bait!

But then rock!

Fortuna flicks at the floating stone with a claw, giving it googly eyes and a party hat. "Well well, isn't that just delightful! Arcane morning sickness! I wonder what fun surprises your foal will have for you next!"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

The Realm of Blue

Jace groans.
”That’s a first. Oh, gods. I feel…” well. Like a mare, probably. Poor Jace. Those thoughts are not going away and now it’s really showing. He’s just going to have to live with rocking the momma mare look (and smell apparently?) for a few months.

”I know we have been in agreement about the unicorn thing. It feels like the best day, when everything makes sense, but all the time. But I still worry, of course. After all, I haven’t quite gotten used to it all so I can’t be sure she has. Oof.”
Now Fortuna has two rocks!

”Personally, I would prefer if Kit held off on any more surprises. He’s already making me feel existentially hungry and physically bloated all the time, popping into my dreams, and now this. I can only pray there isn’t more. Besides the happy end point of course.”
A day which can’t come soon enough. Khannie will explode if her little brother keeps her waiting. And Jace might too.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[The Relm of Blue]

The second rock gets two googly eyes and a princess tiara.

"An expecting mother to be, perhaps? I can certainly sympathize. One must truly surrender herself to the creation of something beautiful! Sometimes that means metaphysical cramps. Creating the glorious art of chaos is no laughing matter!"

Fortuna you don't get to compare snapping your claws and creating things with moms growing a baby. Those aren't the same thing.

"I suspect Khannie dearest may be a little more resistant to these things. She has, after all, grappled with her image her whole life. The poor thing. But she's been making wonderful progress with the help of that delightful demigod of wisdom and shotguns at Glog."

...is she talking about Sophie?

"And the little one has a name already? Was that a group effort between yourself and Veronica?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

The Realm of Blue

”I’m NOT an expecting mother to be though! I mean, I am, but it ought to be all metaphysical. I’m not supposed to be swelling up and getting sick like some normal mare. And stop saying ‘her’ I’m not a lady.”
It’s true. Kit is currently a wonderful little bundle of mystical energy and thoughts. Jace is only starting to look and act like a pregnant mare because people, including himself, keep comparing him to one and making him think about it.

”Veronica and I named him. It took less than an hour really. It helps when you know it’s a boy.” Which they did, almost immediately. Unicorn things.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[The Realm of Blue]

"Well I'll freely admit you aren't a lady, there's a certain poise one must maintain. You ARE a rather fancy unicorn, however, which almost counts," Fortuna, who is definitely not one hundred percent aware of how this all works and CERTAINLY isn't causing problems on purpose , says. "But I'm quite certain that with a little practice you could demure with the best of us."

A few seconds pass.

"I'm curious, does precious little Khannie still give you mother's day cards? I always did find that adorable. She's such a thoughtful girl, truly takes after her mother."

Okay yeah she's totally doing this on purpose.

"Well! I for one would love to attend any baby showers you throw. I assure you, I would be on my BEST behavior. Only wholesome gifts brought by me. Only a REASONABLE amount of cutlery turned into flying cuttlefish."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

The Realm of Blue

Jace groans and gets up from the couch onto his hooves, which only makes his increasingly motherly physique more obvious. So obvious that Fortuna can pretty much visible see how every use of the word “mother” is making it worse. Jace has been trying hard to not think of himself as a mother mare. Zebes and Veronica have been kind enough to not push the issue much with him and talk about the baby more than him. But Fortuna is practically jabbing him with the imagery. And her aura of silly is compounding how Jace normally works as a unicorn of thought.

”Demure? You? I’d say you don’t know the meaning of the word but you already said you don’t do definitions. And unicorns can be very masculine, fancy or not!”
He coughs, feeling a little wobbly on his hooves.
”She does still send me cards. Hasn’t missed a year yet. I can hear her laughing every time.”
And soon he’ll be getting two!

”Well, I’ve considered cleaning this place up a little. Right now there’s not much to it but I could maybe do something with it. It has a grave and an otyugh who I think wants a showbiz career but there’s potential.”
Jace is DESPERATELY trying to change the subject away to something that Fortuna can’t make about moms.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[The Realm of Blue]

"Of course! I'm the very image of lady-like innocence and virtue," Fortuna replies, sounding exactly as serious as she always does. "Why, I could even give you some lessons, Jace my dear. I'm sure you would make a fine lady with a little coaching from someone who care so deeply for your well being and image alike."

It is notable that, aside from getting Jace to think about things simply by talking, Fortuna is not in fact doing anything at all.

"Well, the place COULD use some cleaning. It's dreadfully dull right now, though I'm sure the tentacle monster would make a lovely addition to a baby shower; live music is always welcome. Though really, you shouldn't be doing all that work on your own, what with your distinctive lack of hands and the little bundle of joy growing inside you. An expectant mother should never turn up her nose to offers of aid in her time of matronly vulnerability."

Fortuna you are absolutely making this worse.

There might be a reason beyond 'she thinks it's funny'. Typically when Fortuna acts there's more to it than meets the eye.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

The Realm of Blue

"And when exactly did you become knowledgeable enough about lady-like behavior to give lessons? I can't recall 'embodiment of chaos' and 'gender coach' being similar titles."

Jace shudders. He's honestly never been a terrible masculine person anyway. But that's not really enough to actually mess with his pronouns.
"Please stop saying 'her.' I know you're making fun of me. Haha, Jace got pregnant as a guy. It's not like I haven't heard it before."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[The Realm of Blue]

"I'll have you know that primordial chaos is widely considered a feminine aspect of reality," Fortuna replies, her tone aloof. "Possibly THE most feminine aspect of reality! That makes me a natural shoe-in for the coaching of genders."

Probably don't trust her with that ever.

Not that Jace would.

Hopefully.

Jace's request gets a long suffering sigh from Fortuna, "Fine, fine, he/him/his only. You know I only offer you this sound advice because I care about you and the foal to be, yes? The bonding is important. Little Khannie missed out on the first years of that, the poor thing. And we certainly don't want little Kit to be deprived. Living as a developing bundle of thoughts within your mind only to spring free from your skull when the time comes like Athena just isn't quite as intimate as carrying a foal to term the old fashioned way."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

The Realm of Blue

Jace blinks. His voice actually comes out of his 'normal' method as he's too surprised to use his spell. In fact his mouth is actually hanging open.
Wait, you've been needling me for five minutes because you've been trying to get me to give myself lady-parts? That's...a thing alright. It's a rather intense image that Jace is trying not to think about too hard.

That isn't even how unicorns do that! Ingrid's partner even explained that. And neither of us did that with Khannie and we both love her, don't we? I don't need to be a matron unicorn to love my son.
Though being fair, Fortuna's needling has pretty much already made him look like a very matronly, very pregnant mare. Just didn't quite get to the parts. Probably. They’re separate from his pronouns anyway.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[The Realm of Blue]

"Hmm? No, of course not! I would NEVER do such a thing. Really, to imply that I, an agent of primordial chaos and general japery, would impose on someone like that? Really, it takes quite a bit of nerve to level such accusations!" Fortuna replies indignantly. "I merely wished to offer some encouragement! And since you were taking to it so well I offered some more and it had such a lovely effect! Just look at you, swelling with pride at the thought of the beautiful, perfect foal you're bringing into the world."

Jace is certainly swelling but it probably isn't with pride.

"Hmm... though you DO have a point. Dear, sweet Khannie is loved despite the fact that she was deprived the warm embrace of her mother's pouch for most of her life. Though, as I recall, she made a wish to that effect with a slightly less sinister wish granter. My! Weren't you two quite a pair for a few weeks until the djinn's magic wore off! She was so bursting with love, riding around with you. I think that experience truly healed something in her little kangaskhan heart. It's no wonder you get all the mother's day cards and the most I've ever gotten is a disapproving glare. She truly understands how blessed she is to have such a wonderful parent."

There Fortuna goes, heaping more praise on Jace for his moming.

"Isn't it, though? I was under the impression that how unicorns do that varies widely. Unique magical creatures, I do believe. How they bring a foal into the world will be as unique as they are. And you are just as unique as all the rest, Jace my dear."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

The Realm of Blue

Being fair, at this point Jace's swelling has significantly slowed down. All those comments about motherhood and being pregnant have made him look about as pregnant as an equine can look.
"Well, the bond between Khannie and I is a very powerful thing. Strong and magical enough for my condition to affect her. Which I will trust you didn't have anything to do with you because you're so very trustworthy and you promised me you didn't. I don't plan on having pouches ever again, though. I am proud to be her father-slash-mother-slash-single-parent-thing."
He shakes his head.
"Yes, apparently many unicorns do this in strange, esoteric ways. Apparently unicorn mares and stallions can also do it the old fashioned way but that isn't what happened. And just because I'm Kit's mother in this situation doesn't mean that I'm that kind of mother. But you've gone back to flattery. Where are you going with this?"
She's definitely going somewhere. She always is.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[The Realm of Blue]

Clearly Jace didn't have much determination to resist the look. Surely he could have mustered that will if he had really wanted to?

"I didn't as a matter of fact! The only claw I had in this was helping you become a kangaskhan quite on accident all those years ago. That brought Khannie into the world and her spiritual bond with you was quite natural. Magical, too. But then, what's to be expected from a family with magic in their blood? Khannie is in many ways a reflection of your own soul with just a pinch of primordial darkness which she inherited from little old me. And she's growing up to be quite the young lady, too. You've done a lovely job."

Now then!

An important question.

Where IS she going with this?

"Merely that you've been concerned for our daughter's well being, as any parent naturally should be. She'll be coming home for her winter break soon. Khannie has been trying to learn lucid dreaming as she believes it will help her reign in the Fox. She's quite correct, I suspect, but in spite of her determination she hasn't been having much success. As a unicorn of mind and resolve alike, you could probably help her accomplish her goal. But you know how Khannie is; quite stubborn about asking for help. If you offered, though, she would doubtless accept joyfully."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Realm of Blue

Well of course not. Jace is practically ready to burst to have another child. Everyone calling him matronly is very embarrassing but he’s happy to be a mom if it means he and Veronica have a child. To reject the look would be to reject his role in Kit’s existence. At the end of the day, this happened because Jace wanted a baby.

”She can’t be only a reflection. She’s smarter than either of us, after all.” he chuckles, which for a unicorn is more of a snort.

Jace narrows his eyes at Fortuna.
”See, I can do that. And I thank you for the tip. But that was quite a lot of praise thrown on me for just that. Are you sure you weren’t going somewhere else with all that?”
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[A Realm of Blue]

Khannie sure wouldn't want her dad to reject his role in her little brother's genesis. She can't wait to meet him. But Khannie is elsewhere right now and it's just Jace and Fortuna having a nice chat.

"Isn't it the dream of every parent to see their children surpass them? Well, except for the Olympian gods and their fore-bearers. They had that nasty habit of eating children that were destined to be greater than they. It never really worked out for them."

Those gods were more than a little crazy, though.

"Going somewhere? Perish the thought. Though, let me fill you in on a little secret about chaos. There's no such thing. Merely a world that's too complex for us to imagine, so we make up words like chaos and luck to grapple with the detail and nuance we can't quite grasp. The only place I've been going today is making sure my little family has the best opportunities going forward, even if it might seem random to them now."

Then?

The draconequus doth grin.

"So tata for now! Until we meet again. And do consider that baby shower seriously. It will be such a grand old time."

And with a snap of her claws Fortuna is gone.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

The Realm of Blue

"Visit Nick some time. He misses you." Jace 'calls' after her.

Jace shakes himself, feeling all that extra heft those motherly thoughts gave him. He tosses his head dramatically.
Laugh all you want. Fortuna. I don't need to go through all this to love my son. But I'll be a great mom anyway. and then he trots off to go to mom things. Like lay on a couch and feel sick for three to six months.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Typhon]

The fellow who had emerged from the moth dragon might have explained this to the swordsman. Or, at the very least, mentioned it briefly. Of being inside a dead god. Or perhaps a slumbering god. Because that's exactly where the swordsman and Kothar end up.

Imagine an endless, bleak landscape of steel and howling wind. Of endless thunderstorms and torrential rain. The ground has the look of scales, glistening and crackling. There are mountains, jagged and jutting into the tempestuous sky. There's a power and fury here that seems without purpose or direction, rage hurled against everything and everyone trapped in this awful realm.

Our heroes come popping out of a portal around an enormous contraption, a crank of absolutely massive scale attached to a frame that serves as the outer lip of the portal. A number of apparently human cultists in storm serpent mask are busy working at the controls of the infernal machine. They don't appear to have noticed something as trivial as a couple of adventurers coming up through the portal. After all, the portal was really high! Surely no one could scale it.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Typhon
Kothar is quick to act up on arrival. Since they're unnoticed, he gestures to the swordsman and the crank. "Break machine. I make distraction," He jumps off and slips off behind the cultists.

It doesn't take long for the distraction to manifest. Mostly because it consists of a lizard warrior yelling really loudly and banging his axe against his shield before charging at the cultists, the weapon's head blazing with holy and arcane flames.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Typhon]

The swordsman nods as he sets Kothar down and hands him his axe. "Will do."

Senshi Hoshiki walks forward with measured steps while the lizardman paladin goes to make a show of himself. The swordsman's feet leave rings of blue fire where he steps. As he breathes, his spiritual power clashes violently with the dead god's, the howling wind being turned away as if hitting an invisible wall. In practice, this means the air is dead calm within a few meters of him. Just beyond that perimeter, all that turbulent air is shaping into a whirlwind of growing proportions.

Hoshiki draws his longer sword, standing on hostile ground near the edge of the contraption's frame. "My name is Star of Hope Shines Eternal in the Pitch-Black Universe", he speaks into the wind, "and I've come to sever whatever chains still bind you to the world." Holding his sword with both hands, he lifts it high, waiting for the opportune moment to strike...
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Typhon]

Yep.

That right there is a very loud and distracting lizardman.

The cultists are surprised by this! Several begin yelling as well and one of them has enough presence of mind to level a long stick at Kothar which somehow hurls a chunk of iron at him crackling with furious lightning! Upon impact the metal fragment will explode in a blast of thunderous power. Obviously getting hit by this is undesirable.

As for the machine?

Now that the swordsman is standing so close and has a better view he'll see that this whole contraption is forged from storm serpent scales, each scale bearing the face of the stolen breath it was grown from. There are souls in this infernal device, hundreds. Maybe thousands of them. Every one pulled from the rest they're due.

There's an obligation to destroy such a thing as this.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Typhon
When the cultist shoots his lightning bullet at Kothar, the paladin jumps to the side away from the attack.
Then he charges, leaping towards the shooter to strike with his axe, hopefully faster than a second shot can be fired. "I BRING JUSTICE!" He shouts an awkward battlecry.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Keeper wrote: Dec 01, 2023 4:08 pm Apologies

Kol doesn’t get what Khannie’s issue is. She’s been pretty up front about her thinking he’s handsome but not LIKING him the way she likes Arthfael. And that’s okay. Kol had some awkward things since he really likes Mary but then Mary made it into a crush but they talked about it so that solved the problem right?

So really it should be maybe a little awkward but not this big deal Khannie always makes it.

Anyway the painting isn’t nearly big enough to fit Kol’s head let alone all of him, and yet he jumps forward and both of them vanish without any issue.
[Primordial Bog]

If someone were watching Kol and Khannie through his room's keyhole, "vanish" would probably be an accurate description. But through Kol and Khannie's eyes, the world around them will be what seems to have disappeared, enveloped in an inscrutable white fog, so thick that nothing can be seen through it.

Fortunately, it doesn't last. As Kol flies, the fog gives way to darkened, twisty trees, rising out of a shallow sea of muddy water. Rocks and clumped dirt islands break up the surface of the water further, forming a sort of path that might be traversable on foot, if one wanted to risk slipping, falling, and splashing into bogwater.

Further ahead, the duo will see a larger, even more twisted tree, occupying its own island, with holes in its sides that serve as windows, warm light radiating out of them and into the marshes around it. Kol will know this is the right place, even though it looks... a touch different from how it did in the painting.

The nude, silver-haired lady obsessing over a painting on an easel, mercifully seen only from behind, will be a dead giveaway on that front. She seems to be talking to herself, at a normal volume, caught up in her half of a conversation with some unseen partner.

"...Of course not. You know I would never ask you to be anything but what you are. But what you are is clever. Surely you can... oh, no, honey, you don't mean that. You want him around, you just don't know how to handle it. I know you didn't really have any great father figures in your life, but-... Well, you could say mine, I suppose. Or you could say your father's, for not sticking around. Or your mother's, for selling herself for any less than his heart. Or any of the villagers for not stepping in. I know you blame them for that."

She seems distracted by more things than one right around now. Khannie and Kol will have the opportunity to make their entrance as they see fit.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Typhon]

Not just to destroy. The swordsman remembers his mistake from the last time he dealt with a similar being: he did not take sufficient care to severe the stolen souls from their taker. He intents not to repeat such errors.

But, before there can be a thousand cuts, there must be one.

The swordsman closes his eyes. With his second sight, he sees a world beyond this one, a world of unending blackness, save for a single bright point. No, not a point - a circle. A ring of pulsating light, flow of energy feeding into itself, like a snake biting its own tail. He concentrates, and the image contorts and turns, the ring turning into a line, both ends stretching towards infinity, splitting the darkness in two.

He brings his sword down, tracing that line. The wind roars as the arc of his blade seems to continue past its physical limits, threatening to cut the infernal contraption vertically in half. But it looks less like steel cutting steel, and more like steel cutting a painting, as if the hellish landscape is but a child's drawing on cheap paper.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Primordial Bog]

Ugh.

Swamps are just the worst. Slogging around and getting your feet wet? Terrible. But that's the upside to getting a dragon ride, Khannie has to admit. Though if she's got her hooves it's less of a problem. Her step is... weird. She just kinda moves across the world like a shadow passing over the surface. Doesn't really interact with stuff. Doesn't disturb anything. Like there's no trace of her.

But anyway!

Flying toward a hut while trying really hard not to think about the fact that she's touching Kol, like, so much.

Soon enough there it is.

A tree-house.

Heh.

As they draw closer, Khannie will whisper to Kol, "We should probably wait for her to finish talking to whoever she's talking to."

Based on the snippets Khannie has the sneaking suspicion that it's Lord Butt-face. Also? Khannie immediately disapproves of the lack of clothing. The weirdo could AT LEAST wear a nice ribbon or something.

[Typhon]

The cultist yells at the OTHER cultists to do something as he gets solidly smote by the lizard man. This seems to jar the other cultists into action! Soon there are little jolts of ball lightning getting hurled at him from every which way. Getting zot'd by the electrical orbs is pretty unpleasant but these guys are clearly not top of the line combatants.

Meanwhile!

There is a cut.

Where once there was a unified whole now there are two parts.

And two parts do a very poor job of maintaining the machine's function.

With a shriek of rending metal that sounds disturbing like ten thousand screams machine folds inward under the weight of its load and topples through the portal. It's violent exit damages the ring surrounding the massive riftgate and the hole in reality begins to destabilize.

This may be a problem.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Primordial Bog

Kol nods to Khannie, lowering a wing so she can dismount if she wishes. He stays as quiet as a rhino-sized dragon can.
Normally eavesdropping on a conversation is rude. But also interrupting a goddess is pretty rude. So he's picking and choosing and today it's eavesdropping on his parents' conversation. Besides, most kids have done that at least once and he never got to.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Primordial Bog]

"...All right. I won't make you do anything. It's really only your business whether you're going to try to have a decent relationship with your son or not. If you want to be on your way and go right back to the vagabond lifestyle, that's your decision. But... I would very much like it if we could be a proper family. If only for a little while."

A brief, awkward silence, before the silver-haired woman's head turns in just the right way to catch her audience out of the corner of her eye. At which point she turns around the rest of the way, seeming to remember her modesty this time, a light green sarong materializing on her so quickly that she's unquestionably fully clothed by the time she's facing out the window.

"Kol!" She squeels, opening the door under the window (was there one there before?) and stepping out with her arms spread, offering him a hug. "I didn't expect to see you again so soon! How's things at school?"

Before he has time to get an answer out, her attention turns to Khannie, and she lets out a little shriek, fists balled over her chest excitedly. "Aah! You got yourself a girlfriend! Oh, she's just perfect for you! I can tell someone had a lot of fun putting her together!" She giggles. "Ooh! Come on in, both of you! I want to hear all about this!"
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.