PREP Highschool

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: PREP Highschool

Post by Earl of Purple »

PE Block

Tahara and Mary get to look at Fred climbing out the window, nimcha in hand, and struggling a little. She's going to get most of her torso out before she gets a little stuck. "Uh, little help, please? I need a bit of a tug to get my arse out. And... how far down's the ground? I can't easily tell." Fred's a little embarrassed about that, for some reason.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.

Tags:
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Room ???
"It must be." Sekhmet may have actually looked like that, but only a hostile propagandist would capitalize on it as far as she knows. "You should be glad I'm not like my mother." Inside's news has plenty from the day Sapphira attacked, Aiko should know just how dangerous and unhinged she was.

PE Block
Mary stretches up on her serpentine tail and grips Fred by the arms. She does her best to brace against the wall. "Hold on, I'm going to pull, Tahara, can you push?"
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Room ???]

"I am." Aikobaz says with a brief nod. "From what I gather, she truly was a tyrant and both this realm and her- your own are far better off without her." The empress sets the binder back down and turns the page. "...It is also my understanding that, as queen of the succubi, you have some influence over how all of the magic associated with said demons functions. And as you have shown little interest in expansion, I'm curious..."

She taps another drawing, this one depicting the "prank" at Sekhmet's party with the blowdart and Miranda getting a dose of venom.

"How did this happen? Would your influence not have neutralized the venom?"

[PE Block]

"Forget your glasses, Fred?" Tahara lightly teases, scuttling up the wall. "All right. I can give you a lift. On the count of three. One, two-"

Thankfully for Fred, Tahara will lift her other end by her ankles, which means she'll have plenty of room to clean herself off afterward.

Although she's going to run into a slight problem.

ke-pop!

"...Well, would you look at that." Tahara chortles, looking down at the stubs of her shoulders. "I knew you had something of a disarming personality, Fred. Ha!"
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

PE Block

Fred screams a little as she's dropped, and lands in a bit of a heap. The hair that had so far been covering her right eye has been brushed aside, though Fred's going to quite quickly try putting it back in place. Mary, considering the positioning, probably had a better look whilst Fred was being pulled out of the window, and saw that Fred's right eye is a prosthetic, not moving like the other and shining oddly. "It's... not exactly my glasses that are the problem, Tahara. And, uh, sorry about your arms." Fred's a little embarrassed, both about the disarming of her new friend but also about her sight issues.

Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Library]

"Yeah but bees and stuff'll still do their thing whether people worship them or not, right?" Khannie counters. "That's the part I'm not getting. What's the point?"

She opens up the book on pantheons and begins thumbing through it.

"I guess they're kinda of like the Legendary Pokemon. They all have some thing they look over and if you do what they want they'll help you do that thing? Or something? Like this Nethys guy is supposed to be a god of magic-"

Khannie holds up the book for Gemini to see, pointing at the picture of a mask that's half black and half white.

"-so people who wanna do magic stuff pray to him or whatever. But I've learned plenty of magic on my own without any help from gods. I've just worked really hard."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Library

"I don't know much about Legendary Pokemon, really. That's not something I've touched like at all. Maybe I should; might be able to carry twelve of them around." Most people only get six. "I went for tanks. I don't know; I've never looked into gods before." "Maybe the gods say they won't happen without their influence? I don't know." She swaps which body's talking halfway through, and also changes which body is looking at Khannie, which is also potentially creepy.

bc56

Post by bc56 »

PE Block
Mary doesn't pay much mins to Fred's unusual eye. She's distracted by falling backwards when Fred pops free of the window. She would land hard on her tailbone, but in her current shape she doesn't have one of those. She carefully straightens out her coils. "Any idea which way she went?"

Room ???
"I do not have an unconscious or total control over my subjects' powers. My bodyguard took the dart intended for me, apprehended the assailant, and then returned after the press conference, where I purged the venom from her." Not entirely, but that's not public record, and the story is close enough to the unadulterated truth.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[PE Block]

"Don't worry about it." Tahara laughs, kneeling to re-attach her arms before climbing up onto the window and hopping down to join her friends. "And yeah, I mean both your eye and my arms. It's not like we don't get on as we are, yeah?" She turns her roaches loose on the side of the building, having them sniff out the trail they're looking for. "...She went this way." She says finally, pointing. "Let's go."

[Room ???]

"I see. So." Aikobaz presses her hands together. "The venom's transformative properties are still very much active, then. But given that a succubus was able to attack you- in a manner of speaking- would that then indicate that you do not have direct responsibility for what they do, as you can not directly influence them?"

She's trying to maintain a poker face, but Aikobaz is quietly enthused by this prospect. If succubus venom could give a human succubus-like traits, and it didn't come with any unacceptable drawbacks, then she has a means of acquiring some form of legitimate magical power for herself... provided she can procure some. But then, she's already going to school with a succubus, and a royal one at that... and if not her, there have to be at least half a dozen others.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Room ???
Sekhmet frowns. She can see that flash of envy in Aikobaz's eyes. "I would advise you not to seek out succubus venom. Like most drugs, the benefits are not worth the loss of control." It seems unlikely a headstrong teenager would care about that warning. She already had to ban her few subjects who are allowed to go back and forth from selling all but the weakest venom-infused cosmetics, and she's suspicious even of those.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Library]

Khannie frowns a bit at the talk of legendary pokemon. "That's a dumb idea. It isn't like the cartoons or video game or whatever. If you mess with some of those things they'll kill you."

Voice and expression here are one hundred percent serious.

She puts the book on one world's pantheons back on the shelf and pulls out another. This one more aligned with the religion Inari's is part of. Another book cracked open.

"I guess I haven't ever really thought about this stuff like the worshipers do. It's like... I made friends with Kieko. She's one of the gods at the temple I guess? The temple of Inari I mean. But she's just, like, are person you know?"

Khannie's mind strays briefly to her 'mom'.

Does Fortuna count as a god?

She really isn't sure.

By Khannie's experience gods are just powerful people who mess with less powerful people sometimes.
Last edited by Rebonack on Dec 22, 2022 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Room ???]

Aikobaz bristles at that, shuffling in her seat discontentedly. "You wound me. I do not know what sort of person you are used to dealing with, but 'control' and 'the Empress' are not two concepts that are easily parted." She gives Sekhmet a little smile. "The women in my family are not known for being weak-willed or easily swayed. Particularly not if they wear the crown. If the name Aikobaz carries but one legacy, it will be that: 'do not go quietly into the night'."

No denial that she'd actually be interested in procuring said venom, of course. She's not going to outright lie to Sekhmet about that.

There's also a little twinge in her voice as she makes her stance known; something about her words seems... off. Not quite true, but not false enough to be a lie and certainly not enough for her to not believe it.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Room ???
"Everyone thinks they can control it, until they try " Sekhmet clearly disapproves of Aikobaz's bravado. "My bodyguard was wise to have me remove the venom. It takes great strength to deny that kind of power. Power which, if abused, would lead very quickly to damnation." This is probably too preachy for Aikobaz to care.
The first students are filing back into the classroom now. "It's time for me to go." A portal opens with a blast of hot air, and Sekhmet steps through it.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Room ???]

"Wai-" Aikobaz begins, but too late; Sekhmet's already gone through.

The empress sighs and rests her chin on her hand, shaking her head. There goes the one person she could talk to as an equal.

...Could have at least invited her to tea.

-

[Cafeteria]

Aikobaz's tray clatters onto the table as she takes a seat. "All right, Brignole." She says, pressing her chin into her hands. "I don't like you and you don't like me. So let's just agree to get this project done as quickly and painlessly as possible, and we can get back to quietly hating each other like civilized people. Okay?"

The empty seat she's using to rehearse her mini-speech doesn't make much comment.

"...Rubbish." She mutters to herself. If she makes it too clear that Mary is capable of hurting her by doing a bad job, she'll just make a point of doing it. Especially after what happened in her dream. Not many people take a less-than-dim view of attempting to electrocute their mothers out of existence.

She's going to need some sort of leverage when she goes to confront Mary for real. Something that makes it entirely clear that her fate was in the empress's hands and not the other way around.

Maybe if she already had a date by the time they have that conversation? That would show that she could easily do her side of the project, and subsequently, undo it just as easily. More easily, even; it's much easier to cancel these sorts of plans than it is to make them. That would mean Aiko could make or break her grade on a whim, so it would be in Mary's best interests to play nice.

...Maybe it would be better if she showed Mary, in no uncertain terms, how effortless this would be for her.

Aikobaz looks around the cafeteria for a reasonable candidate. Then, that in mind, she goes and makes her way over to Mary's table, once again opening with setting her tray on the table in a rather noisy fashion. "All right, Brignole." She begins.
Last edited by Ironsmith on Dec 22, 2022 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

PE Block

The trail of aftershave scent heads off around a corner, towards quite a busy thoroughfair between the different buildings, but cuts straight across without heading to any of the buildings and instead goes to a stand of trees on the field.

There's some loiterers amongst the trees, too. A pair of them; the scent's strong enough one is likely to be the culprit. Might be an idea to discuss the attack plan before confrontation. The loiterers are a pair of twelve-year-olds, both in the uniform. One's a boy with snow-white skin and long, luminous white hair that's literally glowing slightly, an expanse of blank skin instead of eyes. The other is a girl with skin as black as this site's darkmode type box, gaseous hair billowing out from her head and dissipating into wisps of smoke, and black eyes with a starscape projected upon them.

Library

"I didn't mean twelve legendaries, just twelve pokemon." Obviously having twelve legendaries would be a bad idea, especially for a newcomer who doesn't really know what she's doing.

"You met a god? And you don't worship? Huh, that's... a bit of a surprise. I thought gods would be quite, y'know, impressive and intimidating and maybe a little mind-blowy." "Y'know?" Both girls turn to look at Khannie with that revelation.

Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Library]

"Oh," Khannie grunts back. Yeah, that makes a bit more sense. "Having twelve at once would be a giant hassle. And sometimes twins enter as one team already, they've still gotta follow the rules about having six pokemon total even if they're team battling."

There Khannie goes, crushing Gemini's dreams.

"But yeah I guess I know what you mean. The Nexus is just so... full of crazy stuff, right? Like Keiko is pretty impressive when she's trying to be. But is that more inspiring than... I dunno... some of the really powerful super heroes who live in the Nexus? Or like two of my friends went to the realm of a goddess a few months back. I missed out 'cuz I was doing orientation here. But it sounds like the goddess was just... y'know. Another person? The Nexus' got lotsa small gods. Not many big ones, though."

How would a big god even interact with a place like this?
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Cafeteria
Mary glances up at Aiko and then back at her sandwich. "About time." She doesn't want to talk about what happened earlier. "Let's get this over with." It's time for the two of them to find dates. Or at least try. Their grades depend on it. Or did Aiko forget that they pass or fail together? Will she give herself that dreaded B?

PE Block
Mary stares at the loiterers. They look rather young to be here when most people start high school at 14. They're also strange in other ways, but everyone at this school looks strange. She slithers back out of their line of sight. "They look young to be voyeurs, are you sure we have the right place?"
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[PE Block]

"Hey, I've got eighty years on both of you but don't look it." Tahara points out, giving her spaghetti-like hair a little flick. "The evidence suggests it's them. I'd at least consider the possibility." She waves up at the pair and calls out. "Hey there! Can we talk for a minute?"

[Cafeteria]

"For once, we agree on something." Aikobaz nods, delicately peeling open her milk carton. "...But before we begin, I have some... notes. Since as it stands now, you seem as though you are planning on getting by on succubus charm alone. And that, I think, will not be adequate."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Cafeteria
"Um, no?" Mary replies as if that should be obvious.
Come to think of it, she doesn't look much like a voluptuous temptress. She never has. She's either incapable or unwilling to wield the aforementioned succubus charms.
"That's not a respectful way to treat other people." She doesn't expect Aiko to give her good advice.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Cafeteria]

"It most certainly is not." Aikobaz agrees, popping a grape off its stem. "But in the absence of mind-altering magic, you will need to make some adjustments. Sit up straight. Fix that hair. Tuck in your shirt, puff out your chest, knead the wrinkles out of your skirt. No 'um's, 'uh's, or hesitation of any sort. And you will need to keep your hands steady, and not doing... whatever this is supposed to be." Aikobaz makes a sort of fidgeting gesture, imitating some nervous tic Mary might not have been aware she had... or making one up, possibly. "In short, prepare your best presentation. Because I do not see it now."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Cafeteria
"Hey!" Aiko is right, but that just makes it smart more. Mary straightens up into a more formal posture, and it's as if she transformed into a different person - a princess instead of an urchin who happens to wear a crown. "There. Happy?" She clearly doesn't like having to comport herself nicely.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Cafeteria]

"No."

Because of course she isn't happy.

"You, Brignole, are in dire need of an attitude adjustment." Aikobaz says simply, popping the now-carefully-peeled grape into her mouth and crushing it against her teeth with her tongue. "With this assignment, if you fail, you are in danger of failing the entire class. If I fail, I am in danger of no longer setting the grading curve for the class. And even then, only because our teacher decided to double down on the risk to me." She pushes back against her stool and stands up, giving Mary a haughty little glare. "Has it occurred to you that I may be more adept in this field, despite your inherent advantage? And that it is therefore in your best interest to listen to my advice, which I give freely, without disrespecting me? Or are you going to continue to insist it is not my place and fail to give me my due to spite me?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Cafeteria
Mary rolls her eyes. "I'm not going to fail the class, you drama queen." Aiko never asked what Mary's current grade is. As it stands, she'd have a C, a passing if not good grade. Although from Aiko's perspective, that probably is failing. "Listen, miss high-and-mighty. I'll work with you because I have to, but I'm not going to take you condescending to me because of the grades you got by cheating and the power you no longer have. You will talk to me as an equal or not at all." Mary's putting her foot down here. "Then I'll listen to your 'advice.'"
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Cafeteria]

And again, Mary accuses her of cheating. Now seems like a good time to execute that plan of hers. The empress gives the demon princess an unimpressed little hmph and turns out toward the cafeteria, scanning the room for the most isolated, lonely-looking, attention-starved student she can find.

...That one will do.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

PE Block

In this case, it's because Earl forgot PREP was a high school and not a secondary school, which is started by year sevens aged 11 to 12.

"Possible also someone bullied 'em into it, since they look small enough to fit easy through that window. But he don't have eyes, so I don't know what he'd hoped to look at." The star-eyed child also seems as though they might struggle at seeing.

"You can talk for a minute, an hour, a day. You have no breath to waste."The boy speaks first, mouth moving slightly out of sync with their words.
"If you want to skip without being found, you'll have to pay like everyone else. We don't do anything for free." The girl says, a large key appearing in her hand. It seems to have been superimposed upon reality; it looks somehow closer than the girl is. It's a rounded key with a toothed blade, not a traditional key-shaped key but a more modern locker or door key.

Library

"Common mistake, but not twins. I've got two bodies, but I'm one person. So I guess that'd put me out for having twelve anyway, wouldn't it?" Because they aren't twins, despite appearances.
"That does make sense, though. Them being people. I mean, Mum said once they were born from humanity anthropomorphising inanimate events to understand the world they live in, and people are good at making people." Even if sometimes something goes wrong and you get a case like Gemini.

Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Library]

"Oh," Khannie replies with a surprised blink. "I thought you were just like... twins that were psychic or something? What sorta protagonist stuff are you here for anyway? The two bodies thing has gotta count for something. Like I've got-"

Khannie begins ticking off fingers.

"My shadow sorcery. And I've got a digimon partner. And I use my magic to do super-hero stuff. But I guess those might just count as one thing? Dunno how they tally that up," she admits.

On the topic of gods she just shrugs. And flips to a part at the front of the book. The index! 'Where do gods come from'. That's a pretty handy one! Khannie turns to the proper page and quickly scans over the headings a few paragraphs. "It says here some gods start existing 'cuz people believe in things. But others were around before people believed in stuff and people started worshiping 'em because they were powerful. I guess what happened with my friend Keiko was kind of both of those? Like she's powerful and stuff to start and she avenged some people who were hurt and they started worshiping her as a goddess of retribution and now she's a god just like that."

The girl wrinkles her nose.

"It's like... having a really weird fanclub. But you get stronger the more likes and shares and followers you've got."
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Cafeteria

Aiko's target should be easy to spot. In the corner is a goblin-sized insect-person, sitting all alone at a table.
Forlorn. All alone and sullen eating her cafeteria food in silence with her head hung. A perfect target for her purposes.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Cafeteria
While Aiko looks for a target of opportunity, Mary has her sights set on someone specific. She quickly transforms into a dragon and slinks across the cafeteria to where a certain purple dragon is waiting. "Hey Kol," She tries to sound attractive, "Want to go to the Thanksmas dance with me?"

It would be surprising if by now Kol didn't realize that Mary was interested in him, but he's showed some shocking feats of ignorance before. If he doesn't know, this would be a big clue.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Cafeteria]

Whatever forlorn thoughts the bug girl is having are rather suddenly interrupted by a slender green finger appearing under her chin, gently but firmly pressing in such a way as to indicate a quiet demand to look up and to her left. If she complies, she'll then find herself with a set of black-and-green lips pressed up against her mandibles, as well as a set of golden eyes looking back at her, a vague smolder stirring somewhere in the depths of their pupils.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Library

"Yeah, the two bodies thing, I'm a pretty nifty mechanic- not good enough to repair or upgrade Synthia, though, I've had a look at her and she's outside my wheelhouse- and I'm the gunner and loader of the Collatoral Damage on the school's sensha-do team. It's a sport I can actually do, since if I get too far from myself I get really confused. Makes football and most team sports like that really tricky, even if I'm on the same team. Oh, and mum's a single parent, I think that might play a part too. Like, you never read stories about people with two parents unless they've got a horde of siblings." I nearly made her an orphan, but then realised she'd mentioned her mother earlier in the conversation.

Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Cafeteria

Aikobaz smooches a bug!
The mandibles pinch a bit and there's a distinct hum as her wings beat frantically behind her.
After a few seconds the bug-girl attempts to break free.
"Um. Hello??"
---
Kol is sitting in the corner of the cafeteria where a lot of the bigger students like to eat to avoid being in everyone's way. He seems excited to see Mary but not in the way she is.
"Um. If you need someone. But you know I can't dance. And it wouldn't be like. A date. You're not still arguing with Khannie, are you?"
Kol is, at this point, well aware of the friction between Mary and Khannie before the latter broke her infatuation and committed to her relationship with Arthfael.