Delmah Phor

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Artemis
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Delmah Phor

Post by Artemis »

MAP
► SHOW SPOILER
Delmah Phor is a walled enclave created by immigrating drow from Faerun, encouraged to settle by a pact between their people and the Nexus government in a time of need. The drow provided supplies and manpower for the city's security, and in exchange gained a foothold in this crossroads of all worlds.

The buildings here are tall, seemingly hewn from solid rock, and cast deep shadows on the streets below. Varieties of overgrown mushrooms were cultivated along the edges of boulevards to create even more shade, some even sprouted from the sides of buildings forming semicircular awnings. Some of the buildings, mostly those of more conventional construction, were painted in muted earth tones. Rusty reds, muddy browns, a very rare splash of chalky blue. To normal eyes, the dark tones were hardly discernible in the shadows of the neighborhood, but under darkvision, they were truly vibrant works of art. Some buildings flew banners, most prominently the blue and gold of House Xar'Cha, but other sigils also had their place.

A heavy, high wall enclosed Delmah Phor, and it was constantly patrolled by uniformed drow moving from tower to tower. Gates leading into the drow enclave were also guarded by sharp-eyed young soldiers. They questioned the motives of anyone entering, but rarely stopped anyone without reason. Within, most buildings were residences. Most were multistory apartments holding many households. Towards the center of the enclave, the residences became larger. Here, Delmah Phor's most important buildings were also located

Some features of Delmah Phor include:
► SHOW SPOILER

Tags:
Artemis

Re: Delmah Phor

Post by Artemis »

As the days begin to grow shorter, and the nights darker and colder, the drow mark the time with a festival. It likely has its roots in ancient harvest festivals held by the dark elves before they were transformed and forced underground. For the drow it was twisted, a time to celebrate the upcoming raids upon the surface that winter would bring. A time of darkness. A time of cunning and deceit. A time of revelry, in preparation for the incoming wealth that their warriors would soon take.

It was traditional to buy new weapons and to repair old ones, outfit oneself with new gear and clothes, participate in training and blood sport, and to feast and drink (a hold over from the original rites).

In Delmah Phor, there was much less planning of invading the surface than there would be in the home city of Menzoberranzan, and much more focus on the eating and drinking. Still, the festival hasn't lost its teeth. Gladiator fights were being held in the amphitheater, and each noble house made sure their members and employees were provided with new gear, weapons, uniforms, and training. Soldiers marched in the central square, and in the barracks, training intensified as new promotions were being decided.

In the streets, vendors sold their wares, from weapons to delicacies from both the underdark and the surface. Their carts and stalls festooned with silk in red, for blood or the autumn leaves, black, for the night and the drow skin, and silver, for the light of the moon and stars.

Join us, if you think you can stomach the revelry of the drow.
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

A guest pauses outside the gate to Delmah Phor. "Aha! Here!" Wait. Where was here, again?
"Itinerary, top."
Golden elvish script appears in the air in front of her for a couple moments, spelling out "Visit the drow harvest festival at Delmah Phor."
"Delmah Phor. The old ones! Of course." How silly of her to forget.

The forgetful visitor, who has the upper body of an elf and the lower body of a giant spider scurries on into the market street. Look at all this! Such items and finery as she had never expected to see at all, much less as the genuine articles!
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

The people of the festival keep a respectful distance from the half-elf-half-spider woman. She earns a few stares, too. Few had ever seen an elf turned into a drider. Was it a blessing? A curse? Who could say?

The street was packed this evening, but she had no trouble moving through the crowd due to their deference. Stalls were set up on either side of the boulevard, selling goods. Skewered sweet potatoes in a spiced syrup, in front of the cafe. The jeweler's shop had a stall selling chains and amulets with varying claims of luck and protection. At the corner, a trio of males dressed in red and black costumes were performing juggling tricks with flaming brands for a jeering crowd watching for any mistake.

Raril Xar'Cha was there, among the spectators, dressed in fine black silk chased in silver, with a red half-cape tied with silver braid. At his throat sat prominently a sigil of his house, worked in gold and sapphire, a spider sitting at the center of her web.

He cheered on the jugglers, with a professional eye, but was kinder in his praise than most of the crowd.
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

Who could say? Not the drider. She never knew for sure why this happened to her - after all, hadn't she done everything right? - and by now she can't remember the details either. She looks delighted to see each person here though, even as they keep their distance.

She buys a skewer of sweet potatoes - just like they had back home? No, the flavor is totally different, huh. - carefully counting out each coin, and then her attention is captured by the fire jugglers.
"They're not bad, are they?"
"Which do you think is the best?"
At first, Roth was simply musing aloud, but the second question is directed at Raril. He seems set apart from the crowd a little bit, and surely knows the customs of the place well.
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

Raril grins at Roth, surprised to see a surface elf here, but then he notices the spider legs and does a little bit of a double take. He turns his eyes back to the show to keep from staring and shuddering. He hated spiders. Still he would be polite to the lady and answer her question.

"The one with the red hair." Indeed one of the jugglers had cropped most of his white hair short, leaving a mane of red dyed hair on top. "He's an up and comer, but very dedicated to his craft. A little brash, but that's just because he hasn't gotten hurt yet. It hasn't humbled him as it should. The other," Raril points to the juggler the red-haired on was trading spinning firebrands with, "He had an injury last year, but he's still keeping up with the group well enough to perform." If Roth looks closely, she'll notice that this juggler was missing a forefinger from his right hand. It didn't seem to be slowing him down any, though.
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Fade just seems to have gotten word of this area and especially there unique sellout. Mostly he has seen harvest festivals where people only feast and look at the bright colors of the leafs, but not making themself ready to raid.
He actually fits quiet into the Drow community. He wears black rags covering his upper body and a scarf covers half his face. His yellow eyes defnitly shine out as he looks over the weapons offered. He doesn't have the best sense for style, but he has an eye for good works and right now he's looking for a second (or maybe third) sword he can use in battle.
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Ironsmith »

"Mmm!" Rose moans appreciatively as she shovels another fistful of spiced crickets into her mouth. "Whad dib I tell you, dob? Dib plabe id da bebt!" She grins up at her traveling partner, happily crunching away at what was quickly becoming her favorite Underdark-originated snack. She's gotten all dressed up for the occasion, too; she's wearing a copper chest piece she bought last time she was here, worn over a black, knee-length silk dress. Her hair has an extra weave tied into the back of it, giving the appearance of it being much longer than the boyishly-short cut she normally sports, going all the way down to her waist in the back. A spider-shaped choker sits on her neck, both as a display of one of her favorite acquisitions from Delmah Phor, and as a precaution, as it's been magically warded to protect her from poison.

Her companion, still in her usual attire of scrubs and a lab coat, doesn't seem too convinced. Watching Rose shove a bunch of bugs into her mouth certainly isn't helping her view any. But, at the same time, she can still narrow most of her objections down to a few key facets of the scene around them, and turn her attention to something else in an attempt to keep cheery. "...The venue is certainly nice." Eun says finally, looking up at the buildings over all the people around them. She could do without the uniformed parades and the clamor of street vendors, but once they found a nice, quiet corner around here somewhere, she'd be right at home.

Well, maybe it doesn't have to be that quiet. A little music might be nice.

"That's the spirit!" Rose giggles and gives her friend a sideways hug, to the other woman's mild chagrin. "Come on, let's go grab you a proper souvenir."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

"Well, the other is keeping up without even using all his fingers." And he hasn't had the injury fixed in one way or another, even here. "That makes it 10% more exciting. Or is it 11%? 9? A good bit, though, a good bit."

The fact that Raril is unnerved by her arachnid features goes completely over her head. Didn't he smile? If he looked away quickly, it was surely to not miss this captivating display of agility and danger.
"You sound like it's inevitable that they'll get burned playing with fire. Which, I know is a saying because people don't want others to get burned, at least most of the time, but it's not really a true sort of saying, is it?"
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

Not long after Rose and Eun, another visitor appears. One that Rose is very familiar with indeed, but Eun isn't. Fayyaad, the tiefling pyromancer from MERC. He arrived wearing a fashionable leather jacket and loose trousers. He's also carrying a small bag that looks like it might contain a change of clothing.

"Rose," he greets his friend (with benefits). "Good to see you here. But it seems introductions are needed."
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

"Fayyaad!" Rose greets the tiefling enthusiastically, giving him a friendly hug, with the energy of someone who hasn't seen him in years (as opposed to having met up last week). "How're you doing, you-"

Eun blushes as Rose lets out a brief string of... compliments? Endearing insults? Whatever they are, they're clearly meant to be flirtatious, but strike her as being a bit too vulgar to repeat in mixed company. Mercifully, she'll have something else to occupy her attention in the following moments.

"Right, right, I forget you two haven't actually met." Rose grins and gently nudges Fayyaad into hand-shaking distance. "Fayyaad ibn-Haashid al-Zafar, meet doctor Eun-Jung Bu. Eun, Fayyaad."

Eun continues to stare at him, beet-faced, breathing heavily through her mouth but saying nothing.

"...This is usually the part where you say 'hi', doc."

"H-h-h... h-hhh-h-h..." Eun stammers, nervously fiddling with her hands.

"Ah, don't worry. She's a little shy around strangers." Rose gives Eun a little clap on the back, which seems to snap her out of her reverie long enough for a little glare. "You could try that one trick, Eun. The one where you picture him na-"

"Nothankyou!" Eun blurts, making a fervent "oh god no" gesture with her hands. "It's... It's fine. I just need a minute."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

Fade will find a rather large display or arms and armor near the blacksmith's at the north end of the Market Street. The closer to the fires of the smithy he got, the nicer the items on display became. There was anything from daggers to halberds hafted with that strangely purple underdark mushroom wood. Swords, rapiers, and scimitars were a popular choice, often sold in matched pairs. Young men and women in leather aprons acted as salespeople, while some well-armed orcs had been hired as guards.

A very muscular female with dusky brown skin and eyes as red as her furnace watched over it all. She was dressed in simple cotton clothing, covered with a heavy leather apron. Her grey hair was cut short, held back in a red, black, and silver scarf to mark the occasion.

A sad smile is revealed on Raril's face as the light and shadow of the fire being flung plays over him. "I think it is inevitable. I know from experience, in fact." He flexes his hands, remembering old wounds. He was lucky enough to have had access to good healing, so there were no scars left now, but the pain remained in his memory. "I used to do tricks like that. Still could, if I wanted to. I'm not quite that old yet." He says with a chuckle. "But yes, playing with dangerous things, if you aren't especially careful, will get you burned. Your luck will run out. Someone stronger, cleverer, faster, will come along and take you out."
Morty

Post by Morty »

Oh dear. It appears Rose's friend is a very different person than Rose herself is. Granted, Rose herself isn't helping. Does anyone ever suggest the "picture them naked" trick in earnest? Certainly not when speaking to someone flustered by a handsome man.

"That is no trouble," he simply says. "I wouldn't wish to make you uncomfortable. Are you both also here to see what drow revelry is like?"
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

"Sort of, yeah." Rose replies with a little shrug. "We've both got a certain fondness for Delmah Phor, and it's always nice to come back for a visit. It's just our good luck that we happened by in the middle of a festival this time. Isn't that right, doc?"

Eun gives a little nod, not quite trusting herself to say anything under these circumstances.

"Speaking of which, have you seen one of those stalls that sells mushroom wine around here anywhere? Eun and I usually share a bottle whenever we end up coming here together. Sort of a little tradition of our own." She grins and gives Eun another sideways hug. "And while I can't speak for her, I'd love to look at splitting one three ways this time. If you're both interested."

"I-I..." Eun briefly stammers. Fayyaad does make her a bit uncomfortable, but that mostly comes from some innate fear of looking like an idiot or a jerk in front of him. She doesn't really have the option of saying "no".

'I... would love to." She says finally, clapping her hands together awkwardly.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Gold »

A new guest shows up at the gates to Delmah Phor. She's a pink-and-white robot with a light, skeletal frame, a screen-helmet, you know the deal, she's a TA-series robot. What differentiates her from the others is her choice of outfit: she wears a frilly, pink, lacy skirt (about halfway between a skirt and a tutu) and a light pink tube top done up with strings. A long pink tail sticks out of the top of the skirt, oddly prehensile for something that isn't real. She also wears those headphones with cat ears on them, and a :3 emoticon is displayed on her screen. Finally, there's a sheath at her side, the kind that fits a katana, but it is currently completely empty.

Taos walks on into the market street, marvelling at the high amount of stalls and wagons offering trade. "Wooooow... So much stuff! Been a long time since I saw a setup quite as impressive as this..."
TASBot TALBot Solenoid Changer
"You monster!" -Gold Elemental - The Order of the Stick
Morty

Post by Morty »

Ironsmith wrote: Sep 25, 2022 2:28 pm "Sort of, yeah." Rose replies with a little shrug. "We've both got a certain fondness for Delmah Phor, and it's always nice to come back for a visit. It's just our good luck that we happened by in the middle of a festival this time. Isn't that right, doc?"

Eun gives a little nod, not quite trusting herself to say anything under these circumstances.

"Speaking of which, have you seen one of those stalls that sells mushroom wine around here anywhere? Eun and I usually share a bottle whenever we end up coming here together. Sort of a little tradition of our own." She grins and gives Eun another sideways hug. "And while I can't speak for her, I'd love to look at splitting one three ways this time. If you're both interested."

"I-I..." Eun briefly stammers. Fayyaad does make her a bit uncomfortable, but that mostly comes from some innate fear of looking like an idiot or a jerk in front of him. She doesn't really have the option of saying "no".

'I... would love to." She says finally, clapping her hands together awkwardly.
Fayyaad bows slightly.

"It will be my pleasure. It seems you have an advantage over me here, as I haven't been here before."
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Artemis wrote: Sep 25, 2022 6:12 am Fade will find a rather large display or arms and armor near the blacksmith's at the north end of the Market Street. The closer to the fires of the smithy he got, the nicer the items on display became. There was anything from daggers to halberds hafted with that strangely purple underdark mushroom wood. Swords, rapiers, and scimitars were a popular choice, often sold in matched pairs. Young men and women in leather aprons acted as salespeople, while some well-armed orcs had been hired as guards.

A very muscular female with dusky brown skin and eyes as red as her furnace watched over it all. She was dressed in simple cotton clothing, covered with a heavy leather apron. Her grey hair was cut short, held back in a red, black, and silver scarf to mark the occasion.
Fade doesn t seem to mind the guards or even that woman. He doesn t approch the clerks either.

He tries to pick up a halberds and swings it around, clearly not trying to harm anthing or anyone. After that he puts it back. A skilled fighter might saw that he doesn t seem to use a special techniqe, but his strength was far from his apperance.

He will try a few more weapons before reaching to a clerk if they don t stol him earlier.

"Do you got any speacial swords around here?" He says in his wmotionless voice "Something big would also reach my kntresst, but nnly blades." Don t want to get nunchucks or bows.
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

Artemis wrote: Sep 25, 2022 6:12 amA sad smile is revealed on Raril's face as the light and shadow of the fire being flung plays over him. "I think it is inevitable. I know from experience, in fact." He flexes his hands, remembering old wounds. He was lucky enough to have had access to good healing, so there were no scars left now, but the pain remained in his memory. "I used to do tricks like that. Still could, if I wanted to. I'm not quite that old yet." He says with a chuckle. "But yes, playing with dangerous things, if you aren't especially careful, will get you burned. Your luck will run out. Someone stronger, cleverer, faster, will come along and take you out."
"But you look to have kept all your extremities. Must have had more than dangerous juggling in your portfolio, hmm?" Roth thinks about his words for a second, shakes her head.
"Sometimes, your luck runs out, but still no one can step into your place. It's just empty."
"Do you want to show me a trick, if you're really still lucky?"
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Gold
Old Fart Poster

Post by Gold »

Taos continues down the path, having noticed the blacksmith area at the end of the street. She's looking for a new katana to replace the one that was stolen from her, and maybe they'll have what she needs.

She gets there and looks around herself. Lots of swords, but if there are any katanas it's not immediately obvious.

Oh, but there is a cute guy here! That's always a bonus. "Hiya cutie," Taos waves to Fade, the emoticon on her screen changing to a ;3 to denote a wink.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

"...So that's a 'no' on seeing where the wine is, then." Rose shrugs, cracking Fayyaad a little smile. "Oh well. We can sideline that for now. I wish we could be more helpful on your end, but Eun and I tend to visit the same places, so we're not exactly equipped to be tour guides. Not unless you really like picnics in the park."

"...We, um... we could point him toward someone trustworthy who does know the area..." Eun offers.

"...It's Delmah Phor. Who do we know here that matches that description?"

"...Raril?"

"...Point. But where would-"

"Right over there. I think. Talking to that spider lady."

Rose looks over in the direction of Eun's nod and grins. "Well, would you look at that. You are just on fire today."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

When Fade starts picking up weapons, a helpful clerk will be at his side to answer questions. No one stops him from trying a few swings, however. When he asks about big special swords, the clerk will lead him over to a display with great swords and bastard swords, two handers really. There's even a dai-katana that Taos might be interested in. These all seemed to boast a socketed system of adding magic or other effects, with crystals made to purpose, which could be removed and swapped out.

For Taos' interest, there were a few matched sets of katanas and wazikashis along side some of the more western blades.

Raril smirks at Roth. "I have a few tricks up my sleeves." He declares, and remembers the sleight of hand lessons he'd been giving his daughter. A Black Dragon's Den branded pack of cards appears in his hand seemingly from nowhere. "But I'd not upstage these fellows right now." He nods to the jugglers.

Across the crowd he spots Eun and Rose with Fayaad. He doesn't recognize the latter, at least, he didn't know his name. The drow gives a wave, motioning for them to come stand with him and Roth.

Meanwhile, the jugglers seemed to be moving into their finale. Fire was flying faster and higher than before. Whilst juggling, one of the troupe climbs onto the other's shoulders, balancing there, The third continued to feed flaming brands at his fellows in a steady stream. The crowd jeered and cheered, watching for a bone breaking fall or a scorching burn.
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

[Weapon Stall] (Just to get a better overview)

Fade follows up. Those are more his turf, thought he would also look for a shorter sword just in case. You can never be to sure and fighting inhouse might be troublesome with a big sword.

As befor h will pick up the weapons and see their balance. He does seem to take note that they are better made then the others. His lack of knowledge about the gems make him confused about the holes, but befor he can ask the iron skelet cat comes over. Yes Fade does know about robots but his knowledge is rather slim and he mostly thinks they are just hulls for small creatures. He looks at her and then the other way. Then he turns to the clerk.

"I think she is talking to you." he says in his emotionless voice. Yes he seems to be immun to this kind of flirting.
"What's with those holes. They seem to have a purpose. What options do they offer"

It' likly Taos won't let him just ask his question.
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

The male clerk glances between the two, not sure what to think of the 'construct' that was clearly flirting with Fade. "They're sockets for enhancement gems and crystals. They increase the power of a blade magically. The better made the blade, the more sockets it can have and the more power gems it can carry. For example." He picks up an icy blue crystal and sockets it into a sword. The sword's blade frosts over and begins dripping ice.
Gold
Old Fart Poster

Post by Gold »

[Weapon Stall]

Oh, there were katanas here after all. They look pretty good, but they're lacking a certain something. The gem sockets are a point of interest, though.

Taos tilts her head quizzically. "Ehhh? No, silly, I'm talking to you in the dark clothing! You must get hot wearing all that black... Hehe, not that you weren't hot already." Fade may be flirt immune, but that won't stop Taos from trying.

Then, she's distracted by the sword suddenly frosting over. "Woow, cool! Show me what the other ones do?"
Morty

Post by Morty »

Ironsmith wrote: Sep 27, 2022 10:20 am "...So that's a 'no' on seeing where the wine is, then." Rose shrugs, cracking Fayyaad a little smile. "Oh well. We can sideline that for now. I wish we could be more helpful on your end, but Eun and I tend to visit the same places, so we're not exactly equipped to be tour guides. Not unless you really like picnics in the park."

"...We, um... we could point him toward someone trustworthy who does know the area..." Eun offers.

"...It's Delmah Phor. Who do we know here that matches that description?"

"...Raril?"

"...Point. But where would-"

"Right over there. I think. Talking to that spider lady."

Rose looks over in the direction of Eun's nod and grins. "Well, would you look at that. You are just on fire today."
Artemis wrote: Sep 27, 2022 10:57 am Raril smirks at Roth. "I have a few tricks up my sleeves." He declares, and remembers the sleight of hand lessons he'd been giving his daughter. A Black Dragon's Den branded pack of cards appears in his hand seemingly from nowhere. "But I'd not upstage these fellows right now." He nods to the jugglers.

Across the crowd he spots Eun and Rose with Fayaad. He doesn't recognize the latter, at least, he didn't know his name. The drow gives a wave, motioning for them to come stand with him and Roth.
"That does seem to be him over there. Shall we go then?" Fayyaad looks around. "I've also brought a change of clothes for a dance, but I don't know if I'll get an opportunity. Maybe I can ask him."
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Eun reddens a bit at that. What kind of dance would Fayyaad have a whole other change of clothes fo-

Ooooooooh.

Her suspicions are only confirmed when Rose gives her an affirmative nod. Well, that's... an image.

...A very vivid image.

A very vivid and vivacious image.

At least he wears clothes for that. She's not picturing him naked.

Okay now she is. Damn it, Rose!

Oh right, and now she's thinking about that.

"...I'm going to, um... going to make a call real quick." Eun stammers, stepping away and pulling out her phone. Maybe a chat with Sam will clear her hea-

Nope, now she's thinking about her and Sam and-

...Buhan's probably having way too much fun up there.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Eun's Phone

Brrr. Brrrr.
"Hey Eun. What's up?" comes Sam's answer on the line. There's the faint sound of hissing in the background. Sam's probably frying something. You can answer the phone while you cook when you have as many spare hands as he does.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Eun's Phone]

"...H-hey." Comes the nervous reply. "...I was, um... I was just thinking of you."

Technically true.

"And, um... I just wanted to..." She stops, audibly sniffing on the other side of the phone, despite the fact that she shouldn't logically be able to pick up anything that way. "...Is that chicken you're frying? That sounds a lot like chicken. And something added to... is that tabasco? Are you making deviled chicken over there?"

Eun reddens. "Sorry, I'm rambling. And speculating. The food here is awful. I'll just, um... how are you doing?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Eun’s Phone

”It is chicken, though this is my own personal hot sauce. I…don’t have any idea how you got that. Um, where is here anyway? I don’t think I can get you a delivery, sad enough.”
Sam pauses, probably attending to some task.
”I’m fine. Just making sure that several goblins, drow, one minotaur and who knows who else comes today get their lunch together.”
Maybe just one drow. If Kirk comes. Dena never eats the company food
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Eun's Phone]

"I... well, I've got some pretty okay hearing. And my mum used to make homemade deviled chicken all the time. I just thought that sounded familiar is all." Eun explains. She's not about to entertain the notion that cartoon logic was somehow in play here; that would be incredibly un-scientific. More so than the rest of everything happening here now. "I'm in Delmah Phor right now, with Rose and... some... guy she knows."

There's an awkward pause, then, "I'm, um... I'm okay with no delivery. It'd be rude of me to just pop in and demand food, right?" Especially if she didn't even do it in person. "It was, um, still sweet of you to consider it, though." If he actually did; that seems to be a rhetorical statement, really. "So... um... yeah, I just... wanted to say hi, I guess. Hear from a familiar voice, you know? Other than Rose. I... I don't have anything against her, but she's a bit much sometimes, you know?"

He probably doesn't. Eun doesn't think the two have ever met. Or have they? They do work in the same place. Maybe Sam knows exactly what she's talking about. Or maybe she's managed to lose him. She really needs a better way of tracking who knows who.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,