Keeper's Homes, Forts, Estates and Places

Personal homes and private lots.
General Shrimp
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: He, Him

Re: Keeper's Homes, Forts, Estates and Places

Post by General Shrimp »

Fort Aegis

"Were there other reindeer? I-I feel like there were other reindeer." Sylvess stretches and climbs slightly unsteadily onto his hooves. "Do I need to put a net over the courtyard to stop them flying off? I-I worry one of these days Imbaeris will just, uh, fly off somewhere, a-and get in trouble. I- oh, hey, you've got a thingy too, I-" He flails at his own antler with a hoof. "How do you use these things? Y-you can't grab anything with them!"
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Fort Aegis

"I think there were others, but you were the best." Spako says that with the off-hand confidence that only can come from someone mentioning something while bone-tired.
"Well, Heuldra can teleport apparently so that dragon might be already out of the cave." You can't keep dragonlings contained. You can only do your best.

Down at their feet, Heuldra stirs, stretching. "Good morning, Daddy. Good morning, Daddy. When did you figure out how to be reindeer? You look so fluffy and nice." says the hatchling with absolute sincerity. She immediately attempts to totter over to Sylvess and stroke his thick coat of fur.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Unicorn Dreams]

...d'aaww

Khannie...

Hugs back?

The foal presence?

Kind of?

"I love you too, Kit. There's such a big cool world out there I can't wait to show you stuff!"

She definitely tries, anyway.

"How not to get sandbagged by uncle Zebes in Smash Bros?"
Khannie asks mischievously, her foxy tail wagging.
General Shrimp

Post by General Shrimp »

Fort Aegis

"G-good morning, little one. What made you come a-all the way up here?" Sylvess asks, obligingly kneeling back down so she can stroke his flank more easily. "This was, um, Spako's doing. He wove a-a little bit of his magic i-into our shapeshifting."

Wait.

Wait what did Spako just say?

"Um. Heuldra, dear, how did you learn to teleport?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unicorn Dreams

Kit doesn't understand those words but he does continue to send Khannie Good Vibes.

Jace comes and sits down next to Khannie, ruffling the fur on top of her head with hands he doesn't have. Jace is the very special person that is allowed to do that with Khannie.
"There is one thing I did want to ask you, Khannie. Fortuna told me that I need to stop worrying about who and what you're growing into; that everything you do is from your own self and your own growing dreams. But...I don't know if I know what your dreams are, Khannie. Would you mind telling me?"
There is a smirk, as proud and sincere as it is impossible.
"I hope you understand that if they involve leaving your old man and baby brother behind I have to shoot them down right now. I'd almost want you to promise you'd never consider that."

Fort Aegis

"Wow Daddy, you're such a cool wizard." Heuldra nods to Spako and then goes back to observing how big and warm and soft her other dad is. Her dads are so cool. Even if Copper!Dad pretends he's afraid of things like Nasir.
"It was only the one time! My brother was telling me about the hot dogs they have in the city and I really wanted one and then I was in the city and Miss Khannie and Sir Jacen were there to save me from the weird guys in pajamas." Heuldra uses the honorifics from Spako's dialect of draconic. Sometimes. She seems a little put out by the suggestion that it's something she's learned. Because she kind of wishes it was.
"A pair of local unicorns got her home. Said she just poofed into Inside without any idea how she got there. Didn't I mention this?" Sylvess might have not processed it due to the stress of caring for seven babies at the same time.

"And I was up here to wait for Santa! Silly daddy." Obviously.
General Shrimp

Post by General Shrimp »

Fort Aegis

"I-I think I was so panicked by the rest of the story that I-I missed the bit about how she got there to begin with." Rapid onset anxiety tends to make Sylvess forget some of the details.

Sometimes a lot of the details.

Sometimes all he remembers is the panic.

"A-anyway, Heuldra, you know Santa won't ever let someone see him delivering presents, right? I-it always has to be a surprise. Why, i-if you tried too hard to see Santa, you might make him not come a-at all! You wouldn't want that, would you?" Sylvess makes another futile hoof-swing at the thing on his antlers. "This i-is ridiculous. Spako, how do I turn this off? I-I'm never going to grab this thing like this."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Fort Aegis

"But what about when he gives kids presents at the Thanksmas party?" It's true! They even hosted Thanksmas that one time!
"It's a tradition, Heuldra. Party presents are given in person, Santa's big Flight is done all secret." Crasher explains.

"Well, just shapeshift out of it. But we said we'd be reindeer for the kids. I guess it's okay if we abandon the plan after the night we've had." Spako considers. He wanted to carry the hatchlings around and pull a little sled for them! Which he can do as a dragon of course but it's just not as festive.
"...do you want me to get it for you, Daddy?" Heuldra offers, flexing her tiny claws.
General Shrimp

Post by General Shrimp »

Fort Aegis

"O-oh, right. No, no, that's fine, we can stick with the plan, I-I might just need something for the aches i-in my everything first." Whatever they did last night, it was very tiring.

Sylvess blinks, stares blankly at Heuldra, then lowers his head so she can get at the thing. "Uh, y-yes please, little one."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Fort Aegis

Heuldra carefully snips the ribbon with her claw and removes the rolled parchment. The unfurles it and frowns before turning it around so Sylvess can read it.
”Daddy the words are extra squiggly I can read them!”
The letter is in fact written in very precise but old fashioned cursive. Though if Heuldra was a little more patient she might have been able to look down and read the signature SANTA CLAUS at the bottom.
General Shrimp

Post by General Shrimp »

Fort Aegis

Sylvess reads the parchment. His eyes widen, and he gently takes the parchment from Heuldra with his teeth and tucks it away in his ever-present satchel. "Spako, I uh- I think we might've-" He pauses and peers at Spako. "Heuldra, be a-a good girl a-and get Spako's down for him as well please. Spako, just- just read yours."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Fort Aegis

Heuldra rears up onto her hind legs to snip the letter off Spako's antler as he kneels down and holds it up for him.
"Okay, let's see.
Dear Spako, first don't feel too bad; you'd be surprised how often someone tries to tap into Thanksmas magic and...hmm."

Spako's ears droop as he looks over at Sylvess. "I think I might have gone a little heavy on the magic?" Is Sylvess mad? He hopes he's not mad.
General Shrimp

Post by General Shrimp »

Fort Aegis

"I-I-I think that we- I-I mean you- I-I mean we?" Sylvess hesitates, fumbling over his words. "I-I think we did a good thing? I-it sounds like we were, um, helpful? I think?" Sylvess does not appear to be mad. Mostly just bewildered. This is a thing that's not supposed to happen, right?
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Fort Aegis

"I told you. You were the best." Spako gives Sylvess' very shiny nose a boop with his decidedly less shiny nose.
"And getting personalized thank-you's is usually a good indicator if you think I'm biased." Spako's gaze falls on the sack that Heuldra was sleeping next to.
"I don't think it's a mystery what that is."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Unicorn Dreams]

Khannie's ears gets smooshed down when her hair gets ruffled.

This is how this has always worked.

Always.

Khannie ought to have pettable ears that is simply the way of things.

When Jace asks his big question they don't pop back up again.

This is just the worst.

Asking a teen what they want to do when they grow up.

They don't know! They're still a kid! Fighting against the troubles of growing up are already a struggle!

"I don't... I mean, I don't really know? There's lots of stuff I like. I like doing the cape things and I like the action archeology and I really like helping out with the littles at Glog. I dunno if any of those things mean I have to ditch you guys. I sure hope not."

She's pretty sure that won't be required?
General Shrimp

Post by General Shrimp »

Fort Aegis

"A-alls well that ends well, right?" Sylvess laughs (only slightly nervously), looking at the sack. "I-I guess we ought to wake the rest of the kids up a-and start the festivities for the day!"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unicorn Dreams

"Well, in that case we'll just leave it that you are expressly forbidden from ending up ascending to becoming a goddess who has to stay in a distant realm somewhere, or a being of primordial chaos that has to stay away from everyone else like Fortuna. Kit needs his big sister around for Thanksmas. And also no having warlocks before you're eighteen. Or wearing really short short-shorts." Jace nods sagely.
Don't think Jace hasn't noticed those pokemon trainer shorts, Khannie. You've been pushing your luck with those.

Fort Aegis

"Well, sounds good to me. Don't forget to shake so your bells ring."
Spako prances about a little with those jingly bells, grabbing the sack with his teeth and swinging it onto his back. Given that Crasher is notably larger than Flasher, it makes sense for him to be the one to carry it. Heuldra giggles, flapping up to sit among her other dad's antlers.
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

Keeper wrote: Dec 21, 2023 4:27 am Veronica's Place

Jace can't help but glance back at himself, as he is effectively only wearing a scarf, saddle-bag, and silver horseshoes.
Oh um. Is that a problem? Do you need to me to go get clothes that fit? I wouldn't want to make you uncomfortable. And we could um. Settle that debate on what horse pants look like! Um.
The truth of the matter is that Jace feels quite comfortable without clothes at this point. He's a unicorn and unicorns don't bother with modesty. Plus his coat is quite warm.
Veronica's Place

Veronica just stares at Jace for a moment, trying to imagine the pants before shaking her head. "No, no. I don't think the world is ready to know the true answer to that. And no, your state of attire isn't really a problem as long as I don't think on it too much or too long. Though now I have a serious question." She clambers up on her feet and heads over to the kitchen, throwing open her pantry to stare at the inside. "What do unicorns eat and do they eat so much that I'm going to need to hire a cook to keep up?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Veronica's Place

Jace follows behind Veronica. Not quite laying his head on her shoulder, but close enough that he's probably considering it.
In my experience, I've been able to eat everything I could as a human. From what I understand...I am a unicorn of purpose, determination, and courage. Being near people like you makes me feel invigorated. You pushed through the circumstances of your childhood and raised your little siblings into fine young adults. You gave up divinity because you knew what was really important to you. People like you are everything I'm supposed to stand for. Jace sounds absolutely sincere, even though he's laying it on a little thick. But he always lays it on thick while giving her compliments.

"Which I think is a long way of saying that you're a snack. Or whatever the kids say." Zebes snickers.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Keeper wrote: Dec 29, 2023 4:48 am Unicorn Dreams

"Well, in that case we'll just leave it that you are expressly forbidden from ending up ascending to becoming a goddess who has to stay in a distant realm somewhere, or a being of primordial chaos that has to stay away from everyone else like Fortuna. Kit needs his big sister around for Thanksmas. And also no having warlocks before you're eighteen. Or wearing really short short-shorts." Jace nods sagely.
Don't think Jace hasn't noticed those pokemon trainer shorts, Khannie. You've been pushing your luck with those.
"I dunno, I don't want to do either of those things. They sound like big responsibilities that aren't the fun kind. I LIKE being around people," Khannie confides in her father. "I wanna stick around with you guys, not poof off to somewhere weird. And... um..."

Oh no.

The shorts.

He noticed.

Khannie's ears droop a bit.

"I think that was mostly 'cuz foxbrain?"

That's right, Khannie.

Blame your wardrobe indiscretions on fae nonsense.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unicorn Dreams

"Oh, I know. And I know you didn't really want to end up a ghost-fox or even a unicorn. So really, I'm just saying all this knowing full well it won't affect anything. But...just know where we stand, okay?"
He seems a bit confused at Khannie's expression. Khannie wears those shorts all the time. But then Fortuna gave her the FULL outfit which she didn't wear. Except sometimes. With the fox brain.
"And I know that I am an incredible hypocrite because I am a unicorn who usually doesn't wear much but when you're a human I don't feel like I'm being unreasonable to ask you to stick to a high school dress code."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Unicorn Dreams]

"Weird stuff happens," Khannie agrees.

Boy does it ever.

Could weird stuff NOT happen for just, like, a little while? Maybe? That would be cool, right?

But then talk of dress codes happens and, "But daaad! The whole POINT of the dress code is to only sort of follow it! Everyone's expected to customize their outfit and I wear my skirt like I'm supposed to at school."

She has other non-skirt modifications. And besides the skirt plays nicely with her tail. Sure she has those shape-shifter pants that are really stretch by the skirt is just way more comfortable and less likely to pinch her fur.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unicorn Dreams

”I said a high school dress code, not your high school dress code. Point is, if a shot of you bending over while wearing something would bump up a movie’s age rating, you wait a few more years, okay?”
Jace says in his Most Dad Voice.
”Obviously that mostly involves your human shape and Bella. Fox, Phelsie, and regular-you don’t really have to worry about garments.” Fox!Khannie is still Khannie but she doesn’t have a specific name to differentiate her like the various Masks.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Unicorn Dreams]

Khannie puffs out her cheeks, which is a very funny gesture coming from a fox.

"Only weirdos don't care about clothes," she insists.

Even here, in the dream world, she's still has a bow in her hair. Thanks to pokemon-standards of being clothed that counts as far as Khannie is concerned. Obviously she wears more than that at other times but she always has to have SOMETHING on to make it clear she isn't a beast.

Always.

"You hear that Kit? Once you figure out how to have a physical form and stuff you've gotta have something on all the time. Even if it's just a hat or something."

This is vitally important.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unicorn Dreams

Jace sighs.
"Khannie we've had this conversation no less than five times so you know precisely that I meant you don't have to worry about modesty in the same way that a human does."
Kit doesn't seem to understand this either. Jace probably hasn't explained hats to Kit yet.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Unicorn Dreams]

Khannie sticks her tongue out at her dad in an impressive display of maturity.

Then suddenly she's got her cap on her head!

"Okay see, this is a hat! It's a thing you wear that isn't part of you! This one shades your eyes and looks cool."

Khannie really likes her caps.
Last edited by Rebonack on Jan 05, 2024 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unicorn Dreams

Khannie gets another question.
What is "cool"?
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Unicorn Dreams]

Oh no.

That's a hard question.

What IS cool, anyway?

The fox makes a somewhat puzzled expression, which is pretty funny coming from a fox.

"Umm.."

That isn't a good answer Khannie try harder.

"Cools like... when people admire you for your drip."

No Khannie.

Don't use MORE slang to explain slang.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unicorn Dreams

Khannie is rewarded for another quiet little burst of brain-static.
"Wow, it's been a while since I've heard you said something and had no idea what you've been talking about. It's probably good that that happens to me a few times as your parent." Jace snorts.
Khannie didn't learn too much hip new lingo at Fox School. But she apparently learned a little at PREP.
General Shrimp

Post by General Shrimp »

Keeper wrote: Dec 29, 2023 4:48 am
Fort Aegis

"Well, sounds good to me. Don't forget to shake so your bells ring."
Spako prances about a little with those jingly bells, grabbing the sack with his teeth and swinging it onto his back. Given that Crasher is notably larger than Flasher, it makes sense for him to be the one to carry it. Heuldra giggles, flapping up to sit among her other dad's antlers.
Fort Aegis

And thus, the wee dragon babs were gathered, and festivities commenced, with magical flying sleigh rides for all courtesy of their reindeerified parents.

But the inevitable desire for presents that all children possess can only be suppressed for so long, which means eventually it's time for them to gather round the tree and see what Thanksmas gifts they've been given by Santa.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Fort Aegis

Spako would object to being called reindeerified! That makes it sound so...unwilling! He can stop being a reindeer any time he wants! It's just that it's Thanksmas and Crasher needs to be there to properly ring in the holiday spirit!

Luckily Crasher and Flasher's kobold helpers are more than happy to help hitch them to the sleigh that they apparently had the whole time, and help them with the sack of presents that they are much too hands-less to properly open and distribute presents. Naturally, Hiedie is the type to ruthlessly shake her present to figure out what it is. Nasir bashfully waits until everyone else is done before opening his. Imbaeris mysteriously had his present in front of him before anyone actually distributed them. Meirhin daintily opens the package with perfect precision, not ripping even a centimeter of wrapping paper. Heuldra uses a single claw to cut hers open, the toy beneath unharmed. And Drassing and Bhoreldis tear into theirs like very normal children.

Not a single one questioned why their dads are reindeer today.