Keeper's Homes, Forts, Estates and Places

Personal homes and private lots.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Re: Keeper's Homes, Forts, Estates and Places

Post by Keeper »

Veronica's Place

He was supposed to be fine! I didn't know some warlock organ harvester had gotten there first. And a goddess did send me a sign at the start of the trip. And I DID save that little girl in the end so I dunno it sounds pretty um. Based? Based to me.
Him saying that definitely qualifies as cringe.

Jace looks away, as if considering his options.
Um. Do you at least think I'm a handsome unicorn? he asks eventually, his long tail flicking nervously.
"Boss! Don't even say that. You are majestic as hell and anyone who says otherwise is lying to you. And the unicorn-beard suits you. If you get back to end up a unicorn-satyr or unicorn-centaur or whatever you should totally keep the little beard look. You think so too right V?" Zebes sounds absolutely sincere about this.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

[Jace's Place]

Asami nods her head at Khannie's explanation, but then recoils a bit upon noticing Jace's disgust.

Not really sure what else to say here, Asami elects to suddenly go quiet and hang upside from the edge of the couch, slowly lowering her head to the ground.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Jace's Place]

Keeping Asami going can be a little tricky since she gets socially awkward really easily. It's like navigating a verbal minefield sometimes.

"So why's chemistry on your mind anyway? Are you thinking about taking classes on it?" Khannie inquires.

Chemistry is like crossing pastry cooking with math.

Definitely not for the faint of heart.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Jace's Place

"I've talked to enough college students to know if you want to get into chemistry, don't take Organic Chemistry. Stuff is nuts." Zebes chimes in.
It's absolutely not for the faint of heart.
General Shrimp
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: He, Him

Post by General Shrimp »

Keeper wrote: Dec 15, 2023 3:56 am Fort Aegis

Spako turns to Sylvess. Looks him dead in the eye. Leans in to give him a quick little kiss on his nose. And then,
"No dear, I'm really not sure that we are."
He turns back onto his back, looking up at the ceiling.
"Well...this is my first time being all...warm and fluffy. Does it always feel this nice? It's like I'm wearing pajamas and without my scales I can feel everything more."
And maybe there's also something to being a reindeer at Thanksmas time. Makes him feel all...cheery and magic.
Fort Aegis

Sylvess pouts. Of course they're mature enough! "C'moooon Spako, y-you can't tell me that every time we do something like this in a new form, you're going to feel awkward using that form in public, right? I-I mean, this is part of the fun of transforming!

Right?

It's not just Sylvess who enjoys this?

Right?

"There is something nice to feeling warm a-and fuzzy like this, yes, but i-it has some downsides too. Fur requires sooo much more maintenance than scales, and every time you get wet you basically need to towel yourself down a-and then brush the fur. Oh, and it makes it a lot easier to get too warm as well. Honestly, pretty much every alternative to scales i-is just more work than scales."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Fort Aegis

"Well, I suppose not. But...I dunno. You think the kids are going to notice how many guys go around the fort who happen to fit our um. Aesthetics?" The answer is probably but not for a few years. And right now it's just Kai, Ferdinand, and a few athletic reindeer. "I guess it really doesn't matter."
"And I guess that makes sense. We can just cheat by changing into something else, drying off, and then changing back. Um. I dunno. I just feel...cute and warm? Is that bad just because it's a little less impractical?"
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

[Jace's Place]

"Nope! I just remembered you saying it once."

At the very least, Asami got comfortable here. Naturally, conversations are pretty random anyways. Things to talk about just spontaneously appear in one's mind, except for when they don't. However, silence didn't seem to bother Asami much at all.

A trickle of drool begins to flow out of the side of Asami's mouth. "I'm bored," she casually declares.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Jace's Place]

Oh right.

Khannie had expressed doubt that Asami had created the laws of chemistry.

That STILL sounds pretty unlikely to her.

"Well, maybe we could play some games together?"
Khannie offers, holding up one of her front hooves and giving her toes a little wiggle. See, she's been practicing. At first she couldn't grip things with her front hooves at all. But as they grew a bit more dexterous she could! Now her front hooves are basically like having two fingers and two thumbs. Her 'palm' is technically really long and awkward but having TWO opposable thumbs on each 'hand' makes up for it.

She has finally regained the ability to use a video game controller.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Jace's Place

"Well, we got lots of stuff if you want to go that route. I'm not usually a big person for party games but well when you got a kid in the house you adapt." Which is to say that Zebes adapted like eight years ago.
"By all means, avail yourself of our systems." Jace was never into the games at all, but now he is very not into them because he does not have hands. His hooves have adapted into the cloven hooves of Golarion unicorns but he simply hasn't managed to accomplish what Khannie has. Perhaps it's her equestrian heritage. Or perhaps Jace simply doesn't think that what he wants and what he is line up. But despite his lack of hands being the one thing he doesn't like about being a unicorn, he still very much does not have them.
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

Keeper wrote: Dec 16, 2023 5:21 am Veronica's Place

He was supposed to be fine! I didn't know some warlock organ harvester had gotten there first. And a goddess did send me a sign at the start of the trip. And I DID save that little girl in the end so I dunno it sounds pretty um. Based? Based to me.
Him saying that definitely qualifies as cringe.

Jace looks away, as if considering his options.
Um. Do you at least think I'm a handsome unicorn? he asks eventually, his long tail flicking nervously.
"Boss! Don't even say that. You are majestic as hell and anyone who says otherwise is lying to you. And the unicorn-beard suits you. If you get back to end up a unicorn-satyr or unicorn-centaur or whatever you should totally keep the little beard look. You think so too right V?" Zebes sounds absolutely sincere about this.
Veronica's Place

Veronica leans over and kisses Jace on his considerable forehead. "Jace, without a doubt, I can say that you're the most handsome unicorn I've ever laid eyes on." She says sincerely, snuggling right up against him before snickering. "Of course, I can't say just how many I've ever seen. The experience pool of "Damn, that's a sexy unicorn" is quite small. Is there like a scale between Fabio and MacGyver?" She points out, clearly in jest before hugging him again.

"And yes, you're keeping the beard. You'd look naked without it and I would rather not imagine a naked horse running around my apartment for a little bit longer."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Veronica's Place

Jace can't help but glance back at himself, as he is effectively only wearing a scarf, saddle-bag, and silver horseshoes.
Oh um. Is that a problem? Do you need to me to go get clothes that fit? I wouldn't want to make you uncomfortable. And we could um. Settle that debate on what horse pants look like! Um.
The truth of the matter is that Jace feels quite comfortable without clothes at this point. He's a unicorn and unicorns don't bother with modesty. Plus his coat is quite warm.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Jace's Place]

A combination of natural dexterity and plain old equestrian cheating.

How do ponies hold things with HORSE style hooves?

It is quite frankly nonsense but they pull it off regardless.

Anywho! Some nice party games will be a good way for our heroes to unwind, form totally pointless rivalries, and grow more comfortable with having Asami here over the break. What a pleasant afternoon.

"You JERK that item box was mine!"

Mostly pleasant, anyway.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unicorn Dreams

What do unicorns dream about?

Warm glades in spring, apparently. The sun is warm, the birds sing quietly in the trees, and said trees sway in the gentle wind.
There is a unicorn here, blue of coat and mane. He speaks quietly to a suggestion. A silhouette. A space where a unicorn is not, but a unicorn COULD be.
"And these are legs. You will have four of them. Like me, and your big sister most of the time. They have bones inside and you move them around to go in directions you need to go." Jace can talk in his dreams, and he canters around the field, making sure his son understand the needs that he'll have when he is a physical being and not the most perfect and precious little bundle of mental energy to ever grace the Dreamlands.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Unicorn Dreams]

This is a world the Fox had tried to visit before, but never could.

Maybe because as the Fox she was in some very real sense incomplete in her thoughts and this place is above all a realm of purity in thought.

But Khannie, lucid dreaming as she is, has found herself whole this time when she slips off into the realm of dreams. This time, when she tries to pierce the veil to enter her father's dream glade, no piercing is required. It merely parts for her little nubby horn and allows her in.

There's now a black fox in the glade.

A black fox with luminous blue eyes, with a tail tip of liquid shadow, and with a tiny little unicorn horn poking out of the fur on her forehead.

This is a pretty good place for a fox to be and she announces her presence with a chuckly fox noise. "Is that him?" the fox asks as soon as her eyes fall on the idea of a unicorn.

That must be him.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unicorn Dreams

The UNICORN-LIKE PRESENCE PRESENCE is very abruptly right in front of the fox. Or perhaps, it COULD be.
Not a word is spoken. But the QUESTION is asked. In an abstract way, from fragments and bits of words Jace has said.
Are you Big Sister?

"That's him." whispers Jace, absolutely overflowing with pride. In the dream he's almost literally glowing with it.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Unicorn Dreams]

Oh no.

Khannie is wagging her tail.

It looks incredibly cute.

Will Jace be able to survive such a high concentration of adorable child presence in his proximity? That remains to be seen.

"Yeah I'm your big sister Khannie! Holy heck this is so cool," Khannie says, prancing around in a little circle. "You're kinda... um... not all there yet I guess? But that's just 'cuz you're growing still."

Growing in an abstract, metaphysical way.

Inside her dad's mind.

Unicorns are definitely weird.

"Has he been getting bigger? Or... uh... more there I guess?" she asks her father.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unicorn Dreams

Jace walks over to Khannie and gives her a hug. Not like his legs suddenly bend like that or something. He just gets close enough and Khannie is hugged. It's a dream don't worry about it.
"His messages are almost semi-coherent. So it's an improvement. I've also been teaching him about existing in one location and walking around instead of simply Existing In The Room With You." explains her dad while her not-yet-brother gives her a good maybe-look.

Another message. Learning.
General Shrimp

Post by General Shrimp »

Fort Aegis

"Just part and parcel of being dragons, isn't it? We a-all have forms we tend to prefer, a-and mates tend to have forms they prefer being around each other in. Y'know, when not, uh, being dragons." Sylvess rolls over on his towel to snuggle up against Spako. "A-at some point when they're old enough, sure, they might realise what we do i-in private, but that's something all children have to come to terms with about their parents e-eventually, right? A-and in the meantime, if you like soft, cute, warm, fuzzy forms like this, I-I'm not going to complain."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Fort Aegis

"I think so. Hm." Spako looks pensively at the ceiling.
"You know, my bird form happened because my mentor magic'd be up to go in disguise somewhere. I've never tried it really, but I could try to use my rune magic to get the two of us onto all fours with these reindeer shapes." He ponders the image of them being proper reindeer. It's kind of funny.
"Or we could always just stick to your preference like I promised."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Unicorn Dreams]

And lo, Khannie is hugged!

The logistics of this hugging probably don't matter a great deal. What matters is that Khannie needs a hug and that's what happens.

"Right, learning. Yeah that makes sense," Khannie agrees. Learning how to be a coherent, discreet entity is a pretty important thing to learn! Especially when you were just an idea before.

"So you're getting better at talking to people, huh Kit? Have you got a favorite thing to do yet?"
General Shrimp

Post by General Shrimp »

Fort Aegis

"Y-you could use your magic to make me- t-to make u-us be able to take o-other non-humanoid forms?" Sylvess' eyes widen and light up at the thoughts. The possibilities. Just think of all the other things they could be! He could be so much sneakier a spymaster if he could-

Not that he needs to do that any more.

"I-it might be fun for the kids. We could take them for a sleigh ride o-or something."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Fort Aegis

”Well, realistically I just take us in forms like this and just modify them into being full animal. A full species change is probably too complicated for me to do without practice. I’ve only ever used rune magic on myself. I was even good at it but still.”

Spako stands up, the brass scepter of his Stormguard title appearing in his hand.
”So uh. That being said. Do you trust me?”

Unicorn Dreams

The presence of unicorn might look up at Khannie with something resembling confusion.
”Oh, I don’t think he knows that word just yet.” Jace chuckles, sitting down next to Khannie.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Unicorn Dreams]

What word?

Favorite?

Well then!

That just means Khannie is gunna have to teach her little brother about favorite things! Clearly.

"Okay so favorites are like... there are different things that are kinda the same. Like categories and stuff. And a favorite is the thing that you like the MOST outta that sorta thing. Like my favorite food is pimento peppers. And, uh, my favorite subject is action archeology. Do you have any favorites yet? I mean you might not 'cuz you aren't very old."
General Shrimp

Post by General Shrimp »

Fort Aegis

"O-o-of course, Spako. I trust you completely." Sylvess hops to his feet beside Spako, gently slipping an arm round his waist. Go ahead, and be amazing."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unicorn Dreams

Khannie’s explanation only begets a jumbled string of feelings. Mental static. Incomprehension.
”I don’t think he’s quite ready for all that yet, Khannie. I’ve only barely explained to him that people have to exist in only one location at a time and have to have legs and eyes and ears.”
Poor Kit isn’t ready to understand what a pepper is.

Fort Aegis

”Alright, then. Our first rune is Animal, conjugated in the way for mammals.” Spako draws a glowing rune with his scepter, sending their fur standing up.

”Next, strength. Then a reinforcing rune, to make it clear I’m characterizing us as big and strong beasts. Oh but this little squiggle here denotes mind since I don’t want to make us not-talking reindeer. And I think I need to do a little freestyle here. There’s no rune for Thanksmas but we’re supposed to be Thanksmas reindeer not regular ones. I’ll just sculpt a new one. Joy, generosity, season, there.”
It’s actually a very complicated runic sentence, glowing before them and already appearing on their coats.
”Livret was so good he could do it all in real time but I think it’s safer to do the runes first and then punch in the effect. Now then-“ Spako flicks his staff at the runes, and there is a flash of light- and snow? and-

Crasher looks around, noting the handmade clock by the door.
”Crud, Flasher. I think we actually might have overdone it on the pre-flight vacationing. Santa’s gonna be steaming if we don’t get out there soon. We can stop for snacks but we really gotta go.” Crasher can feel the Thanksmas spirit in his hooves and that means they are supposed to be leaving for The Flight that night! And Flasher is needed for that fancy glowing nose that is definitely where he got his name from. He goes over to pull the door open with his teeth.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Unicorn Dreams]

"Oh."

This is one of the problems with being too excited.

You can get ahead of yourself sometimes.

And Khannie IS very excited right now, not just because she's getting to meet her little brother for the first time but also because she's finally gotten the lucid dream thing figured out. She had a whole bunch of help but still! It's pretty great being able to actually be coherent! She can tell the foxbrain definitely isn't as bad as it usually is.

"Well... I guess we can just be in one place! And move around with legs and stuff. I've got 'em too,"
Khannie informs her sibling, raising one of her little fox feet for him to examine.

They are, of course, quite a bit different from unicorn hooves.

That's how things are when you're a fox.
General Shrimp

Post by General Shrimp »

Fort Aegis

"Oh golly, gee Crasher, I think you're right!
Santa needs our help this night!
There's no time to waste, we must make haste!
Come follow me, I know the way,
We're needed at once to pull the sleigh!"

So Flasher led Crasher away from the spa,
All the way to the North Pole so far.
By magic gone wrong, its effects way too strong,
Our two dragon dads now magical reindeer!
But they'll be back for Christmas day, don't you fear.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unicorn Dreams

The Presence of Unicorn gets even closer to Khannie. Khannie does not feel a soft head and neck draped around her foxy shoulder, but she feels like there COULD be a soft equine head and neck draped around her shoulder in a foal-y sort of hug.
Love.

"I tried my best to start him with the lessons that are most important." Jace says very quietly.

Fort Aegis

It is morning, and everything Spako Alrenn is hurts. His hooves, his legs, his...whatever a deer's equivalent of glutes are. If antlers could hurt they'd probably hurt too.
"Flasher? Sylvess? Are you there?" he moans. But of course Flasher is. That awfully solid and warm pillow Crasher's head is resting on is suspiciously warm and solid and covered in bright sleigh-bell harnesses.

In the morning air, a pair red ribbons flow in the breeze, each tied securely around a rolled-up letter to fasten it to a reindeer's antler. And a little platinum dragon lies curled up next to a suspicious snow-dusted sack.
General Shrimp

Post by General Shrimp »

Fort Aegis

"Muh? Whuzza? Spako is that you? I think that we, uh, flew?" Sylvess groans and uncurls slightly. Why was rhyming so hard all of a sudden?

Wait, why was he trying to rhyme at all?

And where was-

"A-a-aaaah, Spako where are we a-a-a-and why is Heuldranwm here?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Fort Aegis

"We definitely went somewhere. I remember...snow. And bells. And...I think I was right behind you? I remember, well..." He trails off, blearily looking around.
"I think we're on the roof that overlooks the courtyard? So I imagine Heuldra is here because she has wings." Spako gently puts his nose by the hatchling, who looks perfectly fine.
"Well I guess we can confirm that she's got some of Nasir's cold resistance." He squints over at his mate. "You've got a thingy on your antler."