Personal homes and private lots.
General Shrimp
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: He, Him

Re: Keeper's Homes, Forts, Estates and Places

Post by General Shrimp »

Butterfly Bay

Meanwhile, somewhere in Seaside...

It's been a while since Atreyu was last here. Longer than intended, but hey, time is weird like that round these parts. As he slowly saunters towards Codebreaker's abode, looking as slightly scruffy but in an intentional way as ever, Atreyu takes his time making his way up there so he has time to smoke one of his signature euphoria cigarettes first, the pink smoke slowly trailing over his shoulder, finishing it up right as he gets to the door.

"Hah. S'been a while. Hope the kid's doin' alright."

And with that, he knocks on the door.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Butterfly Bay

After a moment the door opens. The wolfen at the door is seemingly not Codebreaker. He is noticeably taller, broader, with a very pale coat, almost white. His muzzle is shorter, his face wider with bright eyes. And yet despite this, he holds himself the same way. He's still dressed in shorts and and open Hawaiian shirt in the same way. And he speaks in exactly the same way.
"Oh hey Atreyu. What's going on?" he asks. It seems he's certainly taken Atreyu's advice. He's still quite round, but there is quite a lot more muscle under it now. He looks significantly more healthy in general. Around his head floats a little purple mote of light. "You wanna come in?"
General Shrimp

Post by General Shrimp »

Butterfly Bay

Gods damn, he's hot!

Atreyu is taken aback for a moment. His eyes widen, then his expression settles into a delighted smile. "Hells, Codebreaker! If it weren't fer my mystic wolf powers, I reckon I wouldn'a even recognised ya!" He reaches over (and up - Atreyu isn't in his own wolflike state at the moment) to give Codebreaker a friendly pat on the shoulder. "I'd very much like to come in."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Butterfly Bay

Codebreaker grins wide.
"Aw, thanks. Me and b here worked on m' new look together. Now I don't have to wear the face of a dead man."
The wolfen moves aside for Atreyu to come in. The place looks a lot more lived-in than what Atreyu might remember. It's also clearly been cleaned often.
"Um. For the record. I did very much enjoy your last visit, Atreyu. You really helped me out when I was going through a lot. But I um. I am seeing someone right now, so..." He feels like it's best to be very up front about that when someone is having thoughts like the ones he's hearing. "I'm just spoken for, is all I mean."
General Shrimp

Post by General Shrimp »

Butterfly Bay

"Suits ya well, kid. Ain't often I get to see someone lookin' that much more comfortable with themselves, n' I have a standin' duty to help any n' all werefolk come ta terms with themselves!" Atreyu chuckles and strolls inside, looking around the place and nodding approvingly. "Huh. Didn't think I was comin' on that strong. Ain't gonna pretend I'm not a little sad I mighta missed an opportunity, but fer the record, I ain't exactly stable relationship material, y'know? If y'want a proper relationship with someone, I reckon me bein' delayed in comin' back has worked out fer the best then. Though I have been told before I'm the sort to maybe still be a little flirty with my talkin'. But don't go worryin', I don't mean anythin' by it and y'ain't gonna be leadin' me on." He leans up against a wall, turning back to Codebreaker with a wolfish smile. "But ya got me curious now, kid. Tell me about yer beau."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Butterfly Bay

"Oh, sorry. b's blessing lets me hear people's thoughts, instead of the one I used to have from their parent. I filter it out for people's privacy but it's hard to tune out stuff about me specifically. So I uh, could hear your appreciation." It's kind of awkward, but he'll take it over having to pretend to be someone else.

"Oh, Kyrie? He's a knight from a world that recently had a few refugees. He came here with his two nieces and nephew right after you left. They're kind of like vampires. Weak to sunlight, need fresh meat that sort of thing. Good people though! Proud, honorable, kind. Um, he looks kind of like what I am. He had a really messed up back so I asked a to fix it and they kind of...made him go from scruffy wolf-knight to well, chubby wolf-knight because of how I am. But um..." CB looks bashful.
"It's cute on him, though.
General Shrimp

Post by General Shrimp »

Butterfly Bay

"Well if y'think he looks cute, then y'know what I was thinkin' from before y'could hear my thoughts. Might need a refresher on the a n' b thing, though." Next thing you know, Codebreaker will be telling him there's a c as well or something.

Okay, you know he can hear your thoughts now. Try really hard not to think about what you were thinking about him before. Don't try to eye him up. Don't think about how much his shirt doesn't hide. Don't think about what's hiding inside his shorts. Think about something else, anything else, think about why you came here and all your plans and preparations and pe-

Atreyu laughs loudly and awkwardly, running a hand through his hair in embarrassment. "Hey uh, minds are funny things, right? Y'try real hard not to think about somethin' and it just makes ya think more about it. Hah. Hahah. Haaaaah."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Butterfly Bay

"Oh, a was my old patron, who made me Codebreaker. Their child is b, who was born recently." He points at the little purple mote.
"Um, would you prefer if I buttoned my shirt? You probably know how hot it is to wear full outfits on top of fur, but I get it." Codebreaker blessedly seems unphased by overhearing lewd thoughts about himself.
General Shrimp

Post by General Shrimp »

Butterfly Bay

"Just ain't used t'havin' t'guard my thoughts, s'all. I'll, ah, figure it out, just bear with me." Atreyu blinks and pauses. "Unless the thoughts are upsettin' ya, in which case maybe I oughta go clear my head and try and make sure my mind is on other things."

Although that distraction alone seems to have been enough to cut his train of thought, for the moment at least.

"Although I guess maybe yer used to it by now? Lotta folks make thoughts about people's appearance right on seein' them." He scratches his chin thoughtfully. "Ya sure this blessin' is a blessin'?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Butterfly Bay

"It's fine, I hear it from Kyrie all the time." Codebreaker waves a hand, leading Atreyu to some of the comfier seats in the place. There's a fireplace, though instead of wood there's just a fancy crystal that heats up. It still makes a pleasant warm glow, though.
"Oh, it's a little rough, but what b gave me was Potential. I got as tall as I might have gotten, as big as I might have gotten, and the power I might have gotten if I was born like this. So...I don't know if they really even intended it specifically. It's more like...they gave me a few of the traits that potential me's might have had? Plus my new face.

Most psychics have their whole lives to figure their powers out. I'm just a little behind schedule. I'll figure it out."
General Shrimp

Post by General Shrimp »

Butterfly Bay

"Bit diff'rent comin' from yer beau, I reckon, but as long as y'ain't fussed, I'll quit my worryin' about it." The occasional idle thought slipping in shouldn't be that big a deal, right? "Kinda surprised my wolf senses didn't trigger fer another troubled wolf person showin' up round here, though. Wonder if that means bein' here is causing my senses to dim. Or maybe gettin' honed in properly to only ping fer werewolves." The Nexus sure is a complicated thing, isn't it? Who knows what effect it has on people with ties to to their home world?

Atreyu takes a seat, instinctively shifting to curl his tail around him, before remembering he doesn't look like that right now. "All in all, sounds like things have been goin' pretty well fer ya since last time though."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Butterfly Bay

"Well, from what I understand, the curse of undeath that struck his people causes them to mutate into things if they start eating something in particular. So um. Well, it sounds like it means he was basically a human vampire, and then he ate a bunch of wolves because food was scarce and got the whole package. After a fixed him up I guess he's more of a wolfen vampire but well..." Codebreaker smiles, taking a sip from a drink he had sitting on a table.
"It might have taken me a few years to get him to admit his feelings, I've made sure those folks aren't troubled. They're probably asleep upstairs, this time of day." He looks rather proud. A feeling Atreyu probably knows well.

"I'd say everything is going pretty great, though. Even if I admit I've been giving away all Codebreaker's money to the point I might need to actually get some income."
General Shrimp

Post by General Shrimp »

Butterfly Bay

"Not exactly yer typical wolf then. Ain't like I specifically want ta be gettin' involved with every wolf anyways. Don't wanna be pokin' my nose where it ain't my business. Just part of my own blessin'. Like an itch that I can't ignore, that sorta thing. Sounds like yer doin' a fine job lookin' after his folks anyway. Yer right to feel proud of yerself, kid, yer doin' good." Atreyu says encouragingly, genuinely glad to see Codebreaker do so well.

But if Codebreaker is going to segue the conversation so neatly over to other matters, there was something Atreyu was hoping to bring up, beyond simply checking in on how he's doing. "Generosity is plenty rewardin', but it sounds like yer discoverin' its limits. And I wasn't necessarily plannin' on pushin' it today, but if yer in need of some income, I am in need of some assistance with something."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Butterfly Bay

Codebreaker raises an eyebrow.
"Planning a business venture on top of your werewolf sanctuary? I mean I get it, those kind of things don't pay for themselves. But since b took over for their parent, I'm not exactly a whiz with numbers anymore." He is, however, still clearly someone who can manage a ridiculous fortune without messing the whole thing up in two years.
General Shrimp

Post by General Shrimp »

Butterfly Bay

"Well, the werewolf situation here ain't like it was back home. Fewer folks in need of helpin'. Plus without my ol' man here, there's nothin' acting like a giant beacon callin' 'em all to me. I inherited that stuff, sure, but I guess it matures with age or somethin'. I'm like a lamp in the dark compared to his shinin' lighthouse." All of which is to say that Atreyu has a lot of free time on his hands. "And bein' magically in tune with nature n' all, it's kinda easy to just live off the land. I mean, I probably oughta get myself a proper roof over my head sometime, but it ain't ever been a priority." He quietly takes out his bag of euphoria powder and sets it on the table. "But what I can't do on my own is produce enougha this stuff to do more'n keep myself supplied."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Butterfly Bay

"Well, if you can get along with Kyrie you're welcome to visit. Even with Kyrie and a room saved for Arthfael, the girls having their own places to stay means I do have plenty of room."
He glances down at the pouch of powder.
"Is that your uh, drug stuff? I remember you told me it wasn't as bad as it looked." He does remember that it smelled pretty good, unlike regular cigarettes.
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

Keeper wrote: Dec 31, 2023 5:41 am Veronica's Place

Jace follows behind Veronica. Not quite laying his head on her shoulder, but close enough that he's probably considering it.
In my experience, I've been able to eat everything I could as a human. From what I understand...I am a unicorn of purpose, determination, and courage. Being near people like you makes me feel invigorated. You pushed through the circumstances of your childhood and raised your little siblings into fine young adults. You gave up divinity because you knew what was really important to you. People like you are everything I'm supposed to stand for. Jace sounds absolutely sincere, even though he's laying it on a little thick. But he always lays it on thick while giving her compliments.

"Which I think is a long way of saying that you're a snack. Or whatever the kids say." Zebes snickers.
Veronica's Place

"...yep." Is all Veronica says for a few moments, staring at Jace before leaning over to kiss his brow. "Yep, you're definitely still you. Just as verbose and flattering as usual even if there is some sort of "mantle" taking over to a degree. I don't think I have anything to worry about." She says with a warm smile and feeling quite relieved. The relief shows as she relaxes, shoulders slumping as the tension eases. "So all we have to worry about is Ikea meatballs but those have always been sketch. I'll look for a buyer for my apartments this week and we'll get a few contractors to shape up your place better for all of our needs and I think we'll do just fine."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Veronica's Place

Jace warmly returns the gesture. Getting kissed by a horse probably seems very silly, even if it's also on the forehead.
Y-you're moving in? finally? I mean, I suppose if we're getting married we were always going to, and you don't need all the apartments with your siblings finally moved out but...well, I guess it's been a long time coming.

"Working on the house might take a bit, so don't sell too fast. Moving is hard enough when the place you're going to isn't half taken apart." advises Zebes.
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

Veronica's Place

"You're going to need more practice with that if this lasts for any length of time."
Veronica warns him, rubbing her forehead with a warm smile. "It'll likely take a few weeks at the very least since I need to clean, organize, and make sure all the apartments will be sold together as a set. I know it'll take a bit, but it'd give me the greatest amount of return on investment." She points out. "We've plenty of time. So work on the house, I'll work on my place, and when the time is right the time will be right."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Veronica's Place

It sounds like a plan. And I love you, Veronica. Well and truly. You've the patience of a saint, dealing with all of this without complaint. He chuckles, which given his voice is telepathic is a strange thing.
Well, my Saint of the Bluewood. I will say again what I said when I gave you that necklace. I am yours, everything I have and am. Stay by my side, and I will be by yours, always.
There is a warmth, a spark offered. The love of a very small god.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Unicorn Dreams]

Can a fox blush with embarrassment?

In a dream, maybe.

In a dream anything is possible.

"No one's ever asked what cool means before! Everyone just sorta knows."

Being forced to define words on the spot is hard!
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unicorn Dreams

"It's alright, Khannie. He'll get there. You just have to be patient. And you're lucky; your brother will probably be born already capable of talking. That's more than most siblings can expect. They usually have to wait a few years for that."

See Khannie, you only have to be half as patient as most kids because your brother's social interaction is currently in Early Access.
General Shrimp

Post by General Shrimp »

Butterfly Bay

"I dunno kid, y'sure invitin' another handsome wolf into yer premises wouldn't send the wrong sorta message?" Atreyu asks with a chuckle. "And yes, that there is my supply of powdered euphoria. And I could do with some assistance settin' up a proper plantation fer mass producin' it."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Butterfly Bay

Codebreaker considers the bag, and Atreyu, and the bag again.
"Okay. So. First I'm going to need a lot of information on this powder. Because you're asking me to help you make drugs. And that's a whole can of worms.
And you're also using the word 'plantation' and not 'farm' which has a few different connotations when it comes to size and operation. Plantations are resident labor."
Which means not only hiring people, but getting people to move there and then work there.
General Shrimp

Post by General Shrimp »

Butterfly Bay

"Plantation in terms o' scale, not necessarily the other stuff. The growin' side of things I could handle entirely myself. Harvestin' maybe not so much." Atreyu remarks with a shrug. "Now to be fair, the resident labour side of things was fer sure a thing back home. Workin' the fields was often a good startin' point ta gettin' werefolk more used to a quieter sorta life. And when I took over those duties, I did turn it into a euphoria business." Atreyu pauses for a moment, raising a finger to cut off any comment Codebreaker may have just yet. "Oughta mention, I was first informed of euphoria via an associate of mine who was given the fruit from a dryad who compelled him to, hah, sow her seeds across the land. That means there's fey magics involved. Reckon it's likely I'm under the effect of that compulsion now too. But it ain't worth tanglin' with fey magic, and it ain't doin' anythin' harmful. Dryads are nature's will, and if'n it's their will to grow a harmless plant in more places, it ain't worth arguin' with that. Make sense?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Butterfly Bay

"Okay, well. Is it addictive? Because like. Fey or not it's still drugs. That's like. Kind still something I have to worry about? I am not going to be responsible for getting people addicted to fey magic. But it sounds like you're just asking for funding?"
He theoretically does have money to just fund a business. But this is a little weird.
General Shrimp

Post by General Shrimp »

Butterfly Bay

"Well, kinda up to ya how much y'want to be involved. But fer the record, no, there's nothin' addictive about euphoria fruit. It's simply a tasty fruit that makes y'feel good, and my associate discovered that the feelin's in the seeds. Grind 'em down, and y'get that." He nods at the bag. "Now t'be fair, that still means folks could become rather attached to the feelin' itself, but I've generally reckoned that somethin' harmless with no side effects is a better thing ta be dominant in the market than a lotta other options out there."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Butterfly Bay

Codebreaker rubs the little hint of beard he has under his chin. "I guess it could be marketed as a safer alternative to the other shit on the market. But like, what kind of business did you have in mind? You never really gave me a good idea of how many people you've got at your little werewolf sanctuary. You might have to do a lot of recruiting besides the land ownership issue. And that's fine if you're keeping the supply to your followers but if you plan on selling it that's another whole thing."
He looks down at the bag of powder.
"And I assume you have some seeds? You can't plant ground-up powder." CB says this knowing that Atreyu knows how seeds work. He's a druid.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Unicorn Dreams]

Yeah that's gunna be cool.

It means she's gunna be able to introduce her little bro to her friends right away and he'll actually be able to get to know them and stuff right away.

"Will it be okay if I come here to visit?" the fox asks. "I can't be in here all the time since I've got Caped Heroics homework to do once school starts again."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unicorn Dreams

"You're always welcome, Khannie. Unless I'm on unicorn business. I don't think I can appear in people's dreams to give them quests and things...but I am a unicorn so maybe I can."
For some reason this sounds very fun to Jace. Maybe because he's usually on the other side of the quest marker. But maybe also because he's a unicorn and it's just their nature to give cryptic hints and quests.