Keeper's Homes, Forts, Estates and Places

Personal homes and private lots.
Rebonack
Arisen Zombie Poster

Re: Keeper's Homes, Forts, Estates and Places

Post by Rebonack »

[Jace's Place]

Khannie, who can apparently hear Zebes somehow, glares back at him.

She's been left in 'generic' ghosty zoroark dress. Which is to say she doesn't have anything to keep her absurdly poofy mane in check and all her clothing is missing. She looks a lot more trim than the standard illusion fox thanks to the fact she keeps her weird 'shoulder pad' fur trimmed short. Scrolling through her alternate costumes provides her with various types of head-gear only.

Her usual 'pokemon black/white' style cap.
A red bandanna.
A big pretty flower.
A sun hat.
A cute pink ribbon.
A pokemon nurse hat.
And a pokemon officer hat!

Khannie doesn't seem terribly amused with any of these options.

"Hmm? Oh no, I wasn't planning on participating," Fortuna replies as she fiddles with the controller with her toes. "These things are much more fun to observe."
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Jace's Place

Commissar wanders over and begins pawing at the screen, unsure of why Khannie is on the other side of it. She'll just have to settle for the red bandanna (it's not a scarf but it's at least kind of heroic)
"Forte! You don't mean you expect me to go in there and personally beat my niece senseless for your amusement!" Zebes says with mock indignation which becomes flat sincerity immediately.
"Because no really I'd rather not beat my niece senseless even if it's a game and she can't really feel it. And Jace WILL kick my ass if I did." There are only a few things that would get Jace to personally slap Zebes, and beating Khannie up is on that short list.
Rebonack
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Jace's Place]

Oh no!

Don't paw the screen Commissar you might give it dead pixels! No one wants dead pixels.

Khannie has a cool bandana now! That's neat, right? The alternative costume doesn't change her fur color at all, though. Different colored fur would be weird. But different hats? Everyone likes cool hats.

"Hmm? Why would that be needed? This game has teams doesn't it? Jace is off having an adventure and it hardly seems fair for him to have all the fun," Fortuna points out.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Jace's Place

"Hm. These words are accepted. Just don't put the CPU's on too high."

Zebes scans the screen for all of Fortuna's additions.
"So who did you add for me, anyway?"
Zebes is normally a dirty Lucas main, which is as close to playing as Jace as you can get. He also plays Charizard because of course he does.
Ironsmith
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Keeper wrote: Aug 04, 2023 2:27 pm Butterfly Bay

Codebreaker hauls himself up, shaking his head and- blinking in surprise at Kyrie's new look.
"Well you'll just have to stay just like old- Holy crud. Kyrie, what happened? I know I just loaded regular shampoo into the thing and- oh spirits, were you covered in blood this whole time? I was going to ask you about the fact that you apparently went out of your way to buy size XXL medieval loincloths after you got big instead of anything comfortable, but you told me that you were just red! For a year!"
He shakes his head and then seemingly just moves on. He isn't even going to address his own state apparently.
"So anyway, you do look great. How are you doing? Are you okay? I'm still getting those weird vibes from you. And now I'm positive it's you because we're at my place where there's nobody else in range."
What he's not saying is that he's getting a lot of indication that Kyrie is feeling weird, and it directly concerns Codebreaker. And specifics about Codebreaker.
[Butterfly Bay]

"I wasn't aware that I wasn't." Kyrie admits, looking down at his fur and gingerly rubbing his arms. They felt sort of tender after all of that, but the sensation was entirely too fascinating to pass up. He's not used to being soft. At least not by his own standards.

...Ughghghghg...

"...Hm." Kyrie lowers his arms, attempting to make eye contact with Codebreaker and not quite succeeding. "You... mentioned that before. 'Vibes'. Is there... any way you could be more specific?"

...Oh.

Eye contact was a mistake.

Kyrie hurriedly glances away, staring at a spot on the wall next to Codebreaker.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Butterfly Bay

Codebreaker stands up, trying not to loom over Kyrie but it being really hard to not do so given the height difference. He gently places his paws on Kyrie's shoulders and looks him dead in the eyes.
"Kyrie, my patron is too young to give me advice on this kind of subject matter, so I'm going with yours. I'm told Absum says that one should in all things be earnest. So.
Your brain has been screaming 'I am embarrassed and horny' in my direction for the past eighteen-ish hours, and I have been continuously been getting fragmented images of someone running their hands through my coat and feeling my chest and arms. I'm sorry to eavesdrop but you know stuff about me is hard to filter out. So I really need to ask: is there something you need to tell me? Or did you meet a hot lupine lady you happen to think about specifically when staring at me?"
Rebonack
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Jace's Place]

"Hmm? Who says I added anything?" Fortuna replies dismissively. "Wasn't it dear, sweet Khannie who said this game has everyone?"

It's true.

Khannie DID say that.

Squinting at the screen, Zebes will be able to make out SEVERAL prospective characters! It looks like Lucas has gotten a slick blue costume and a hair color swap to brown. Charizard appears to be sporting a conspicuous yellow hat today. Also there's a DRAGONITE who looks awfully familiar.

Khannie, meanwhile, appears to be running her paws along the edges of her character select window at the moment. As usual she's trying to figure out what the heck is going on. Inquisitive kid that she is.
Ironsmith
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Butterfly Bay]

"..."

It's really not fair to bring up Absum's commands like that.

Kyrie lets out a long sigh, his shoulders sinking under Codebreaker's paws. "...For the past eighteen hours... yes. I have, in fact, been having... thoughts, along those lines." The wolf-knight admits. "I did not want to say anything so soon. I did not know if they would last, or what the full implications of them are... for all I am aware, they are a result of inebriation and nothing more." Kyrie takes a seat on the chair and shakes his head. "...And given your... proclivities, it would seem cruel to bring them up if they were not sincere. I still am not entirely convinced that they are. Does it not seem strange to you that they would emerge after having known you for the better part of a year, but never before? Particularly at this age? It is my understanding that a boy usually knows if he is drawn to men sometime before actually becoming one."

Kyrie frowns. "...But it seems keeping that from you would be a futile endeavor." He adds, scratching at a tender spot under his chin. "If I have caused you any grief, I apologize. I forgot that you would hear such things, even left unspoken."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Jace's Place

"Forte don't try gaslighting me about a game that I had to go through unlocking everyone anyway." Zebes says, rolling his eyes.
Zebes COULD use his main in this scenario. But Khannie is likely to get in front of all his projectiles. And that's no fun. So he picks Dragonite instead.
Even if he immediately appears in the screen like Khannie, he will calmly press the button at the bottom to cycle costumes until he gets the dragonite skin with the mailman bag. Which obviously is there.

Butterfly Bay

"Well, that may be, except you had a panic attack at seeing my bare gut long before you started drinking, so that's out. Also I'm pretty sure if you had gay thoughts every time you had alcohol you'd have known by now. It's also not how gay thoughts work but you know." Codebreaker snickers at that. He can't help himself.
"Well. I mean. It's definitely a little weird. Maybe someone spiked your beer with a potion? But well. I guess I mean."
He looks down at Kyrie uncertain. "Is it a bad thing?"

But his cheer returns rather quickly, a pernicious grin forming on his face which is probably not helped by him stepping back and making it clear he is aware of his state of dress. "You don't have to apologize, really. Though I wouldn't mind hearing your feelings out loud instead of having to eavesdrop on them against my will."
But if 'you should really put pants on' are those feelings, he can accept that.
Ironsmith
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Butterfly Bay]

"It is." Kyrie mumbles, scratching at his arms. "...In that it complicates matters. I... do not mean to imply that there is anything wrong with the principle, of course." The wolf-man grimaces. He was not remotely ready to have this conversation. "...There is a certain matter of propriety and maintaining it. I do not believe I could... it would not be right, for me to..."

"...The comparison has been made, before, of you being a Lord in all but name." Kyrie begins. "Which would make me a vassal, of sorts. Would it be proper, then, for a vassal to... propose to his Lady? Or to her Lord?" He shakes his head. "It would not be their place, and it would be no more appropriate here."

The wolf-knight lets out a quiet sigh. "...And a thing further." He continues. "Is that we have been friends, as much as we have been anything else. Matters of the heart are usually quite turbulent. I would not want to risk losing a good friend over a matter of..." He trails off, making an awkward gesture down toward his legs. "And yet, because of this alleged potion, I may yet find myself compelled to do so, on penalty of anguish. Which would, indeed, make the potion a 'bad thing'." He finishes, looking away from Codebreaker's exposed belly.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Butterfly Bay

Kyrie is being serious so Codebreaker does not tell him that when he had suggested saying things out loud he had meant Kyrie’s thoughts about what he’s been looking at.
”Kyrie. I am not your Lord. I am, at absolute best, the patron of your family because I am your friend. If Absum had any plans to make me a Lord it would have happened by now. He also smited your face for not wanting to take a vacation, so I feel like he’d let us know if he thought things were improper.”
He stops to think about that.
”Isn’t he protecting you from changes like from a? How would anyone have charmed you?”

Now that’s a head scratcher.

”But well. Other hand. You’re an immortal almost-vampire and I am notably not a Lord or any other brand of immortal, so you’re destined to far outlive me anyway. So I suppose it’s true that He hasn’t done anything to tell us no but he’s also not done anything to suggest it isn’t a terrible idea.”

Codebreaker sighs, going over to the other side of the room to find some clothes so he isn’t taunting Kyrie even more. And to go over and close that window so it can’t burn him.
Rebonack
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Jace's Place]

Fortuna just sits there looking innocent as Zebes selects-
"DRAGONITE!" thunders the announcer.
And of course now Zebes finds himself inside of a little box! With a mailbag and hat. Shortly there after he'll hear-

"Are you in here, too?" comes Khannie's voice through the thin walls nearby.

And after that?

An unseen crowd cheers. And then something rather weird happens.

A pair of pokeballs don't get tossed onto a stage for a fight. Instead there comes a rather 8-bit sounding jingle as Zebes and Khannie just sorta fade in standing atop a wide platform made of blue metal box-shaped vents with slats in them. Flanking on our heroes to either side are two pillars topped with scowling gargoyle like faces, also made of blue stone and covered with fuzzy blue lichen and bricks bearing an odd spiraling pattern. Huge spiky yellow bugs crawl around the pillars mindlessly. To either side of the platform stretches a jagged cave floor (and ceiling above) full of blue stalactites and stalagmites.

To one side there's a large piles or boulders with a narrow space above and below it. To the other the cave stretches further off into the darkness where chittering can be heard in the distance.

Khannie squints at the cavernous surroundings. "Okay this place is familiar," Khannie comments, not totally sure how to place it. It looks like the zoroark has shown up more or less as she appears out in the real world. Just rudely stripped of her clothing save for a cool headband.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Jace's Place

"Of course. I wasn't leaving you to deal with this solo."
Zebes looks around the place and nods confidently.
"Now Khannie, the most important thing about winding up in a place like this is always check left. Or right, in this case since we're actually there. Which means you have to squeeze up there and get the morph ball." Zebes points at the gap.
"I am too big and huggable to fit."
Rebonack
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Zebe's Place?]

"Well good it woulda been kinda weird,"
Khannie retorts. "This isn't smash bros though? All the rocks and stuff look pretty good, though?"

Nice and high resolution rather than being a pixelated mess. It looks like Zebes still managed to recognize where they ended up, though. At Zebes' suggestion Khannie immediately looks toward the dark tunnel to her left. Sounds like there are more weird bugs over that way? Oh, wait though, handedness is flipped though isn't it? Since they're looking OUT from the TV.

"You mean I've gotta climb up on top of those rocks?" she asks, casually fire punching one of the spiky bugs that gets too close to her. The creature goes up like it's made of paraffin wax. "Can't I just Dig under them? I could probably get through that low tunnel if I crawled."

Oh no Khannie is ignoring the game conventions!
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Zebes' Place?

"I mean if you want to try testing going out of bounds instead of just climbing up for a few seconds, sure. I'm sure it's not anything too bad." Zebes shrugs. Coloring inside the lines sounds like the kind of thing Fortuna would find SUPER boring, so he doubts she will be upset by them breaking the game in half.
Rebonack
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Zebe's Place?]

"Okay so I'll just crouch down and-"

Not go anywhere.

Oh no! Khannie doesn't have the ability to crawl! You would think she would given that Lucario does and she is ALSO a weird canine looking pokemon but life is full of mysteries isn't it?

"What the heck... okay, fine, whatever. I'm going over," Khannie grumbles as she hops from one ledge to the next before disappearing over the top of the rocks. There comes the sound of several more weird bugs being murdered, an ITEM GET! jingle, and then Khannie comes crawling back under the rocks.

She is not, in fact, rolled up into ball.

Probably for the best.

"That was dumb," Khannie complains, brushing herself off as she rises to her feet.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Zebes' Place?

"Okay. You're on small gap duty, Khannie. I'll handle flying. Also, dibs on Shinespark if we get that far." Hopefully Forte doesn't expect them to get through the whole thing because they'll be here forever."If I knew we were going to get stuck in one of these I'd have picked someone with more range. Oh well." Zebes goes trotting off in the other direction, clobbering tiny aliens as he goes.
Rebonack
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Zebe's Place?]

Zebes successfully bullies a pair of spiny beetle things.

And come on, forever?

If you speedrun you can clear everything in under an hour, easy.

"So I get to crawl under stuff, huh? That's pretty exciting," Khannie retorts as our heroes set off for adventure! Adventure in this case being the smacking of weird crawly bugs. They don't make it too far before they're confronted by some of those weird bug-bat things clinging to the ceiling, which will of course divebomb them as soon as they get close.

Khannie eyes them from a safe distance.

"So do you think I'm able to air-jump in here?" Khannie wonders aloud. "'cuz everyone in Smash can air-jump, right?"

Normally she can use her illusions to SORT OF air jump. It's a pretty tricky process sometimes, though.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Zebes' Place

"Well, you're going to have to test that yourself. I have wings so I can ait-jump in anything."
Zebes demonstrates by flapping no less than three times and then slapping one of the bats out of the air.
"You know, dragon stuff."
Rebonack
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Zebes' Place]

Yeah!

DECK that batbug, Zebes!

Khannie gives a little huff before starting forward and LEAPING up into the air! She's pretty good at that normally. And then after she's off the ground she... tries... jumping again?

There is of course no reason why this should work.

Or at least no sensible reason.

Which is why it does work because what fun is there in making sense?

Khannie seems a little surprised by this, but manages to recover quickly enough to lean into the second jump and clobber the poor batbug. Which causes it to explode. For some reason. Thankfully not the self destruct sort of explode since those hurt.

Landing nearby, Khannie moves onward until they meet!

A door!

Or... a bubble?

Whatever those weird things are. Several more spikey bugs are crawling around near it.

"We haven't got any blasters for the door," Khannie points out. "You think just punching it'll work?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Zebes' Place

"Experimentation is the soul of science, Khannie!" Zebes declares, bravely bopping the door with his big dragonite mitt.

If that doesn't work he'll zap it with his THUNDERBOLT but Khannie asked so he had to test the normal method first.
Rebonack
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Zebes' Place]

POW!

Zebes punches a door!

...the door does not respond to punching.

Rude.

But it does bloop open when zapped with a lightning bolt, so that's something right?

"Maybe's it's gotta be an energy thing?" Khannie reasons as she heads through the door. When Zebes walks in as well all of a sudden EVERYTHING GOES BLACK! When the world fades back in around them they're standing on a stone platform! Above that is ANOTHER stone platform with a pair of spikey beetles crawling around on it! And below BOTH of those are is ANOTHER platform with one beetle crawling around it!

The floating platforms look suspiciously like the sorts of platforms that you can drop through if you tap down.

Also in here?

A pixelated version of Samus that really stands out from the rest of the real-looking cave. The intergalactic bounty hunter points her arm cannon at our heroes.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/metro ... 1013031341
Ironsmith
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Keeper wrote: Aug 09, 2023 4:46 am Butterfly Bay

Kyrie is being serious so Codebreaker does not tell him that when he had suggested saying things out loud he had meant Kyrie’s thoughts about what he’s been looking at.
”Kyrie. I am not your Lord. I am, at absolute best, the patron of your family because I am your friend. If Absum had any plans to make me a Lord it would have happened by now. He also smited your face for not wanting to take a vacation, so I feel like he’d let us know if he thought things were improper.”
He stops to think about that.
”Isn’t he protecting you from changes like from a? How would anyone have charmed you?”

Now that’s a head scratcher.

”But well. Other hand. You’re an immortal almost-vampire and I am notably not a Lord or any other brand of immortal, so you’re destined to far outlive me anyway. So I suppose it’s true that He hasn’t done anything to tell us no but he’s also not done anything to suggest it isn’t a terrible idea.”

Codebreaker sighs, going over to the other side of the room to find some clothes so he isn’t taunting Kyrie even more. And to go over and close that window so it can’t burn him.
[Codebreaker's House]

"He smote me for being an idiot." Kyrie points out. "I expect he simply would not voice his disapproval if we decided, all on our own, not to pursue the idea. Particularly as that would involve harm to his followers."

The wolf-knight pointedly looks away as Codebreaker goes to get pants. "And... it still is a truly terrible idea. Putting aside the nature of our respective lifelines, as you may very well be immortal after all of that business with a... have you ever had a relationship of that nature, with which you were satisfied? Why would I be an exception?" Kyrie frowns and quickly adds, "or vice versa."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Zebes' Place

"Don't worry, Khannie. I know the universal silent greeting." Zebes says boldly.
Then?
He performs two short hops in place, four rapid squats, and an incredibly silly move where he somehow dashes back in forth more or less in place.
The universal smash bros greeting of "I am a human and fun should be had."

Codebreaker's House

Codebreaker gets his shorts on in short order. He doesn't bother with a shirt right now since they're alone.
"Honestly I don't know what you mean by 'that nature.' Long-term? Physical? Actually with someone I respect?"
He sighs, thinking but eventually deciding on something.
"Kyrie, if you haven't figured it out, I am the second to bear the name Codebreaker. The first one died about a year and a half before we met. a offered me his power and wealth as their new priest but did not understand how mortals work. They gave me his life, along with everything else. That's why I was so desperate for b to give me a new face. I was wearing someone else's for a year."

He shakes his head and resumes eye contact with a bit of a smile.
"But more to today's point, all that means that I went through exactly what you're going through and I am in fact as clueless as you are about how any of it would work. Well, mostly. I was always into dudes. Just human ones."
Rebonack
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Zebes' Place]

But Zebes... you aren't a human. You're a tiny dragon that sleeps in drawers sometimes.

"I don't think she wants to talk," Khannie observes.

Either way Zebes' greeting isn't acceptable because the bounty hunter fires a missile at him.

Khannie decides she's having none of this and drops to the lower platform before dashing forward to get under the mass of squares attacking them!

After all, everyone knows you should try to pressure Samus from below.

Khannie pops back up behind their foes and aims a devastating backhand!
Last edited by Rebonack on Aug 13, 2023 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Zebes' Place

Zebes jumps over the projectile and flaps up and over their opponent while Khannie goes under.
Then he...pulls out a saxophone?

Zebes blasts out a particularly bombastic song, sending powerful forces to guide Khannie's blows! She might find herself INSPIRED by great COURAGE to DO THE IMPOSSIBLE such as defeating foes in fewer hits than you'd really expect. As if her PUNCHES were powered by ROCKETS!
Rebonack
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Zebes' Place]

Rocket powered fists are pretty cool but Khannie isn't a fighting robot!

She's a zoroark!

None the less, she can hit pretty hard. The backhand leaves their pixilated foe briefly staggered, giving time for Khannie to land and immediately follow up with a swift body blow. With her enemy off balance she slams both her paws into the ground and causes a illusionary blizzard of ice and shadow erupt around her, obscuring the zoroark from view by the time the not-really-a-bounty hunter regains her footing.

Unable to figure out where the heck Khannie just went, the obviously not very high difficulty CPU begins charging her beam while getting slowly damaged by standing in the Bitter Malice cloud.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Zebes' Place

With that taken care of, Zebes opts to try to finish this. He isn't going to walk into Khannie's malice cloud in case friendly fire is turned on so he instead opts to electrify his tiny antenna again and fire an ELECTRICAL BLAST at the cpu hunter who is foolishly standing in the fire like a new MMO player.
Rebonack
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Zebe's Place]

Yeah standing in the cloud isn't a great plan, it damages EVERYONE who happens to be standing in it.

Even Khannie.

Bitter Malice is not a friendly attack.

Anywho! Zebes ZOT!s the bounty hunter, who doesn't even TRY to dodge the attack! Shocked and appalled, she gets knocked backwards off the edge of the floating platforms! Of course, she reacts to this by leaping back toward the platform again and grappling over to it! That's how these things usually go, right?

Their foe hauls herself up and fires her HUGE ENERGY BLAST at Zebes!

It's pretty big. And also relatively slow moving. Clearly the CPU isn't aware that you need to use Samus' charge shot as a mixup if you really expect to hit someone with it.

And Khannie?

Umm...

She hasn't popped out of the cloud yet. Though weirdly the area it's covering keeps steadily growing.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Zebes' Place

Zebes, with his incredible brain power - jumps over the slow moving projectile because the cpu isn't using missiles to pressure him not to do so.
In fact the cpu seems so bad at pressuring him Zebes is going to try to just walk up and do a throw to send it back into Khannie's AOE. His back-throw is nothing special but he's not using it for damage in this instance.