SPOOKTOBER 2022: TERROR AT PHOENIX LAKE

For free floating plots that wish to be separated from specific locales.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Re: SPOOKTOBER 2022: TERROR AT PHOENIX LAKE

Post by Rebonack »

[Foxes and Ghosts]

"GO!" shouts the girl in the Mothra costume, swinging her arm down in the universal START THE RACE! chopping motion.

And no doubt go they do!

When Jason bites into the first donut he finds a REAL DONUT! A pumpkin spice flavored cake donut with chocolate frosting. Tasty! Jade, on the other hand, finds a napkin ghost. As soon as she bites it the illusion pops like a soap bubble, leaving her with spooky napkin in her mouth. There are other donuts nearby, but several of them are hanging tantalizingly out of reach! Oh no! It looks like Jason has a head-start! Both vertically and idiomatically!

Khannie, meanwhile, rocks back and forth on her heels whilst whistling innocently.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Foxes and Ghosts
"Hey!" Jade shouts, "I thought you said no cheating!" She rushes to another donut to start the process over, but by now Jason has a two-bite head start.
Her chances don't look good
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Foxes and Ghosts]

"Finding the REAL donuts is part of the challenge," Khannie insists.

Honestly she had just done that on a whim because she thought it would be funny to watch someone bite a napkin ghost. Fortuna probably approves.

"C'mon no complaining! First to two donuts still wins!"

As far as Khannie is concerned this is all really entertaining. Watching someone trying to bite a donuts while it swings around wildly is pretty silly. The strings are TIED on pretty securely, so the donuts are unlikely to fall on the ground after a few bites. That would kinda ruin the pacing after all.

Caroline, if she's paying attention to the face, probably has a good reason now to explain why some of the donuts smell more like napkins. Khannie hadn't bothered to disguise the scent.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Robots, Ghouls, Trainers and Schools]

"I-I dunno, I mean - it's kinda in the holiday spirit if Eliseo gets blood all over his costume. It'd totally make him look less dorky, at the very least." Ana points out to Iknika, doing her best to joke along with her even if the mental image of Eliseo bleeding all over the place is honestly kind of uncomfortable for her to picture.

Atsede and Eliseo continuing to goof around earn another laugh. "P-please, if I'd end up biting anyone it'd probably be you - y'know, for like, scissoring my boyfriend." The foxgirl grins, a tad pink over all this biting talk... at least, until she realizes the accidental entendre a moment later, her cheeks flaring up with embarrassment. Ohmigosh, did she really just say that?
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

"Pretty sure blood is a biohazard. I remember Mrs. Reelshka talking about it. She seemed sure someone would try." Iknika's ears flick up and down in amusement. "I'm pretty sure I'd get upset too if I caught someone scissoring my boyfriend."

[All Over]

Among the swarming goblin kids, three approach some foxes who aren't currently embroiled with either group. One of them is, strictly speaking, some kind of wolf-goblin hybrid, dressed up as what looks like a yeti. Behind him are two small goblins. They've got light grey skin and big, yellow eyes. They're dressed as sea-serpents.

"Hi!" squeaks the fuzzy boy.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

This would be a great time to joke about how Ana needs to be given The Talk, if Eliseo didn't already know that she didn't receive said talk within the same week he did. He does crack up laughing a bit. "I think we've got Ana's imagination going into overdrive. If we're not careful she'll melt down."
~Images by Soushiyo
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Gold »

[Foxes and Ghosts]

While wandering around the area, Micah (dressed as Doctor Doom) spots Khannie, who he recognises from school. He should go over there and say hi... or he could do something fun in the spirit of Spooktober.

Micah pulls out his deck from his green cloak and looks through it for a suitably spooky monster. He settles on a card named 'The Phantom Knights of Ancient Cloak', which he places in his belt buckle to Summon it to the real world.

"Psst. T-that girl over there is Khannie. Why not, uh, give her a g-good scare?" Micah whispers to the cloaked ghostly apparition now floating in front of him.

The phantom nods dutifully in response, and moves over to ominously hover behind Khannie, making "Oooooooooooooooooo..." noises all the while.

Meanwhile, Micah finds some convenient shrubbery and hides in it, watching to see what Khannie's reaction is.
► SHOW SPOILER
TASBot TALBot Solenoid Changer
"You monster!" -Gold Elemental - The Order of the Stick
Fenric
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Fenric »

[Foxes and Ghosts]

Caroline watches the donut eating with amusement, giggling at both the illusion and the attempts to eat. An ear swivels to the ghost sound but ... this is a halloween party, so surely it's just something related, right?

[All Over]

A young vixen in a not particularly convincing pikachu costume looks over. She also has a couple of friends nearby, dressed in costumes approximating a salazzle and a shaymin.

Hi there! I'm Katia, this is Francine and Kartik. You guys got a theme too, huh?
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

[Fire Pit]

Seraphina nods, understanding.
"The crunchy ones are some of the better ones."

However...."The fruit pond doesn't always have the best ones. I think one with a caramel shell had escaped the pond and went over to that table -" she points at the snack table "probably to terrorize the vegetables, or something."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Foxes and Ghosts]

The foxes and ghosts scene appears to be steadily accumulating more foxes and ghosts.

Micha is... probably going to be disappointed by Khannie's reaction to the ghost he just summoned. As it floats up behind her and begins its unearthly wailing she turns around toward it and-

Smiles?

"Oh cool! I didn't know there were any wizard ghosts at the campsite. All the rest just look like regular people. Can you talk?"

Notably, this means her attention has been diverted from the donuts eating contest. Someone could engage in underhanded tomfoolery and she wouldn't even notice!

[Fire Pit]

"Oh no!" Maridia gasps, spraying little flecks of apple everywhere. "What if someone eats it before me!?"

That would quite possibly be the greatest tragedy of all time.

Without hesitation the fairy dragon abandons her apple to find the BETTER APPLE that Seraphina alluded to.

Because you know what they say, the apple is always greener on the... other... table?

Something like that. They say. Probably
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Foxes and Ghosts
Khannie looks away, so Jade spies her chance. Just as Jason's about to take a bite, she lashes out with her leg and sweeps Jason's feet out from under him. He topples over with an "Oof!" and Jade steals that earlier lead back from him.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

"Meh, who cares about the odd biohazard or so," Atsede jokingly shrugged. "And yeah as Strawberry said, it'd improve the costume!"

And then Anastasia said something else entirely. Atsede let out a shocked laugh that turned into a snort. "Strawberry, Strawberry! Wow. Do you have so little faith in your boyfriend?" She shakes her head disapprovingly.
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

”I- what? What'd I be - how would that -” Anastasia stutters, then goes a whole lot more red. She wasn’t actually picturing anything when she realized her lapsus linguae, but now that Eliseo brings it up, her brain’s pretty quick to think of some vividly inappropriate scenarios.

”O-ohmigosh, you three, stop it!” The kitsune buries her face in her hands, cheeks practically incandescent at this point.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gold
Old Fart Poster

Post by Gold »

[Foxes and Ghosts]

The cloaked phantom steals a glance at Micah, possibly alerting Khannie to his presence. Micah is a little disappointed that Khannie wasn't scared by it, but the mask hides it.

Then, the phantom notices Jade tripping up Jason. It may be dead, but it's still a knight, so it's not going to stand for unsporting conduct.

The phantom knight floats in front of the offender, trying to impede Jade's progress in order to offset her ill-gotten lead.
Ember

Post by Ember »

[Gals With Guns]
Morty wrote: Oct 21, 2022 11:29 pm "Huh. Tech breaks magic?" Olvisin's ears flick up and down. "My brother is a sorcerer and he doesn't seem worried about anything like that. He is a bit worried his lightning spell will fry his cybernetics when he gets them, though."
Cassidy waves her hand back and forth. "'S a bit more complicated than that. Least, that's what all my wiz friends tell me. Something about the soul, and interference? All I know is if I got, like, some new eyes or such, I wouldn't be able to use my kind of magic with the wares." She shrugs. "Or maybe not. I just like minimizing my chances of bad drek."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Foxes and Ghosts]

"Hey, no, shoo!" Khannie scolds as the ghost begins interfering with the obviously fair and not at all cheaty donut eating race. "Get outta here this is important!"

Okay.

No.

It probably isn't.

Very little hangs on the integrity of this silly game but Khannie isn't about to let some random spook ruin it even if Jason is weirdly randomly clumsy and fell over for no readily apparent reason. Maybe the great taste of the donut knocked him right off his feet?

Thankfully Khannie has OPTIONS!

Among the decorations at the base of the donut tree is a cauldron full of water and dry ice, a fake skull, and a spoooky looking witch's broom! Khannie snatches up the broom and begins menacing the phantom with it.

"Go on! Get!"

Surely this will work.

So focused is she on the immediate problem that Khannie hasn't noticed the instigator of this foul crime.
Morty

Post by Morty »

"Yes, we should get back to the apple bobbing." Iknika manages to summon a straight face. With grace and poise, like a knight ought to. "I am of course the reigning champion, but I'm sure one of you can get to second place if you really try."

[Gals With Guns]

"I guess it's difficult to get rid of cyberware, so it's best not to leap into it," Olvisin admits. "My brother could talk your ear off about magic and tech, but he's not here. Want to go get a drink? ...I hope they have alcohol, but it's a kid-friendly party."

[All Over]

"Yeah! We're Kaij- Kajju... something."

"Big monsters," one of the goblins supplies.

"Yeah! Grapok came up with it after watching a movie. I'm Tuskfang and this is Blaggut and Oortka, my cousins. I live here, they're visiting."
Fenric

Post by Fenric »

[Foxes and Ghosts[/color]

Caroline watches this altercation curiously, uncertain whether help is needed or not. Or is being accosted by not particularly scary ghosts perhaps part of the contest? Jade and that other person seem to be a bit more ... full-contact ... than she expected for donut-eating, as well.

Is it always this way?

---

[All Over]

Katia nods

Oh! Movie monsters! I get it. Somebody thought it would be funny if we all dressed up as Pokemon.

A glaceon in a fox costume runs by

And I have no idea what their deal is. We're from the Temple, where do you guys live?
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

Eliseo laughs some more, but he wraps his arms around Ana from behind. "Sorry, sorry. I went too far." He assures mirthfully.

"Not sure I trust Atsede with my head near a barrel right now, though. She might drown me!" He says with mock fear.
~Images by Soushiyo
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Foxes and Ghosts
Jason gets to his feet. "Oh, that's how you want to play," he says to Jade. The donut-eating contest is essentially over, both twins are focused on each other now. "How do you like THIS!?" He swings a vicious right hook at Jade's jaw. She blocks and counters with an upset punch to his stomach, which he dodges.
From there it becomes a mixed martial arts duel - the game completely forgotten.
But don't worry, they're professionals. Ish. At the bare minimum, they're both very good at it, if restricted by wearing suits.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Atsede snickers. Anastasia never failed to live up to that nickname, huh?

"Wise choice," she says with a small chuckle towards Eliseo. "And as much as I'd love to pry that championship title from yah Iknika, I'm not giving Eli a second chance at dunking me so... Strawberry! I guess you're up! You look like you could do with cooling off your face, after all." She grinned.
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

"Ugh, you are not getting kissed tonight," Anastasia groans, the threat entirely neutered by the fondness in her voice as she leans back into his arms. Physical contact never ceased to soothe Ana's jitters. The color in her face has mostly cooled to a soft, rosy hue, and she giggles at Iknika's confidence.

"W-wait, me? Um- what about my- y-y'know what, nevermind." The kitsune drops a hand from her face full of makeup, too meek to spoil the fun. "Championship or no, I'm sure I can at least show these two how it's done," she ribs, stepping up to the tub - but just as she starts to lean down, she pauses.

"H-hey, um - Atsede?" Ana looks back over her shoulder. "Do you - do you think you could like, hold my hair back for me?" Her hair is quite long, and wearing it loose like this makes it very hard not to end up with a mouth full of it instead.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gold
Old Fart Poster

Post by Gold »

[Foxes and Ghosts]

The phantom hovers just out of Khannie's range, trying to dodge her broomstick swings. It doesn't know if she's strong enough to destroy it or not, but it doesn't want to find out the hard way.

As for Micah, he notices what's going on and begins to worry when he sees the fight break out between Jade and Jason. Was that... his fault? Probably not, but he still feels like he should put a stop to it.

Leaping out of the bush and rushing to where the former donut race was, Micah shouts "S-stop! Stop f-fighting!" If Jade and Jason don't quit battling after that, he will place a Swords of Revealing Light in his belt buckle, causing the titular swords to appear between the duo and prevent either of them from attacking each other.

Then, looking to Khannie, he dispels the Phantom Knight by pulling it out of his belt, and says "S-s-sorry about... uh, that. I w-just thought th-that I could, uh, give you a l-little scare s-since it's, uh, Spooktober. I g-guess it got out of, uh, h-hand."
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

[Not to late?]

As the title says someone just arrives and hopefully not to late. From afar people might only see a blue bubble flying through the ait. the color might seem strange and the light reflects in a strange way from it. A clooser look revhat this bubble is made of and filled with water. Inside the bubble swimss a srange looking creature, half green, half grey.

The little green stuff animal lizard is wearing a shark outfit. While the head of the shark is like a helm, the rest of it goes over the back of the stuffed animal like a cape. It looks like the shark swims inside the ball which makes it move while the stuffed animal is sleeping. That may cause the bubble to collide with someone, but don't worry you can't get wet, it's like a baloon, just a little poke.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Foxes and Ghosts]

They're mostly broom-stick pokes actually.

"No this went from zero to dumb really fast," Khannie says to Caroline as she contemplates thwacking one of the twins with the broom, too. That would probably just make everything worse somehow.

But then!

Maybe a sword!

And them the phantom vanishes, obviously thanks to Khannie's superior broommanship.

Or whatever.

And then... uh... what was that kid's name again? Oh right!

"Hey Micah! Welcome to the Glog Spooktober Spectacular! We got... secret agent fights?" she says, giving the twins a skeptical look as bapping Jade on the head with the broom grows increasingly tempting. "Hah, this camp is fulla ghosts already. One more of 'em isn't too bad. But it was a good try! Obviously someone as tough and brave as me isn't going to freak out over one little ghost."

Khannie you couldn't even see the Glog ghosts until maybe fifteen minutes ago.

"Guys this is Micah he goes to me school. He's got summoning powers but only for monsters from some trading card game. It's about fifty/fifty cool and geeky."

As it happens that is about how Khannie would rate her own interest in wizardry so that isn't a dig against Micah. Playing ribbing is just part of Khannie's social repertoire.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Foxes and Ghosts
At the appearance of the swords, the twins are forced to stop their impromptu sparring session. "I'm Jason, and the cheating fox to my right is Jade." "Hey! I'm innocent!" Jade gives her best puppy dog eyes (it would work better if she was in fox shape). She is absolutely not innocent.
Morty

Post by Morty »

"You've got sharp teeth too, so you've got an advantage." Iknika is doing her best to be reassuring.

[All Over]

"Oh yeah! We dressed up as Pokemon too, a few years ago," Oortka squeaks.

"We live in Underside. It's a big goblin colony underground."

"Is everyone in the Temple a fox-person? There's a lot of you here. As many as there's us."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

Rebonack wrote: Oct 23, 2022 2:09 am[Fire Pit]

"Oh no!" Maridia gasps, spraying little flecks of apple everywhere. "What if someone eats it before me!?"

That would quite possibly be the greatest tragedy of all time.

Without hesitation the fairy dragon abandons her apple to find the BETTER APPLE that Seraphina alluded to.

Because you know what they say, the apple is always greener on the... other... table?

Something like that. They say. Probably
[Fire Pit]

Seraphina wishes Maridia good luck as she goes to rescue that caramel apple from the vegetable table.

She stares at the abandoned apple, though, feeling a little sorry for it. Got snatched from the fruit pond, only to be left by the fire. She imagines it rapidly sprouting into a tree as some sort of....Spooktober miracle, or something, since it'd be kind-of funny.
And then remembers the time she made a jack-o-lantern, sort-of, out of an apple.

Speaking of, this party might have something sort-of like that, right?
She stands up and decides to go around and look at what else they've got here.
Zefir wrote: Oct 24, 2022 1:45 pm [Not to late?]

As the title says someone just arrives and hopefully not to late. From afar people might only see a blue bubble flying through the ait. the color might seem strange and the light reflects in a strange way from it. A clooser look revhat this bubble is made of and filled with water. Inside the bubble swimss a srange looking creature, half green, half grey.

The little green stuff animal lizard is wearing a shark outfit. While the head of the shark is like a helm, the rest of it goes over the back of the stuffed animal like a cape. It looks like the shark swims inside the ball which makes it move while the stuffed animal is sleeping. That may cause the bubble to collide with someone, but don't worry you can't get wet, it's like a baloon, just a little poke.
Being distracted by looking at things, Seraphina doesn't notice when she gets bumped into by bubble.

Still with that fake ghost from earlier in mind, she jumps and looks at what bumped into her...oh!
Weird.
It's a stuffed animal wearing a shark outfit?

Seraphina looks around, trying to find who's controlling the bubble. Or who set the bubble loose. "Hello? Anyone there?" she asks as she tries to find who this stuffed animal belongs to.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

"Whaaat? Come on." Eliseo pleads teasingly. She plants a kiss on her cheek, but soon lets her go. He can hold onto her later.

He watches her prep for the bobbing. There's been interesting reactions out of Ana today, he's got to say. He scrutinizes her interaction with Atsede in particular right now. "Come on, Ana, you can show her up." He encourages. His girlfriend is surely better than Iknika.
~Images by Soushiyo
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

[Not to late?]

The bubble might bump into her again as it seems to be on autopilot. But as soon as she speaks out to find the owner of this object she might here a "Yawn" which deffnitly comes from the stuffed animal.
"Am i at my destination? Must have fallen asleep. No wonder if you need a few weeks to get here."