SPOOKTOBER 2022: TERROR AT PHOENIX LAKE

For free floating plots that wish to be separated from specific locales.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: SPOOKTOBER 2022: TERROR AT PHOENIX LAKE

Post by bc56 »

Elsewhere
"You're from Skyside then?" Sekhmet knows how that works. Few outside of Skyside disbelieve in GLoG, since they can just easily get there. "From a Guild orphanage?" It seems a likely bet. "The more people who can get out of that forsaken place, the better." Sekhmet strongly believes that Skyside is awful (mostly because of the Guild) and would like to help, but her hands are also tied - she fears retaliation against her family.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[Fox on the Run, Redux]

"I'm not really sure what they like, but I don't think you can go wrong with that." Eliseo agrees. He grabs a napkin and stacks a few slices onto it. He'd start sampling one himself, but he needs a hand free. Because as soon as Ana's done grabbing one for herself he's going to slip his hand in hers.
~Images by Soushiyo
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Morty wrote: Nov 01, 2022 7:25 pm [Just the Robots and Schools]

Iknika waves her hand in an altogether uncertain gesture.

"Eh, it's no big deal. I'm used to drama. But let's find something to do while Eliseo hopefully straightens things out. Like... hmm. How do you feel about throwing bags into holes?"

She points at one such competition, where a swarm of little goblins is throwing bean bags into a variety of holes. A small grey-skinned goblin is sitting on a high chair nearby, apparently arbitrating the rules. They're dressed as Godzilla.

"That's my cousin Brinika up there. She, her sister and their friend were confused about the exact rules a few years back so they decided to write their own clarifications and enforce them."
[Just the Robots and Schools]

Atsede peers at where Iknika gestures. "Sure, why not." Although it did rather unfortunately mean getting close to that horde of goblin children, but it was something to do to entertain herself and take her minds off things at least. She began heading that way. "So what are their special rules then?" The changeling couldn't imagine there was an awful lot of rules to a game about throwing bags into holes, let alone ones that needed clarification.
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Thursday Violist wrote: Oct 31, 2022 9:18 pm [Not too late?]

Just because something's illegal doesn't necessarily make it wrong....is what she initially thinks, but then realizes that's an incredibly unoriginal thing to say.

"They sound like trash," Seraphina ends up saying instead.

She looks around at the party, and then says to Mr C, "Well, late or not, glad you could make it. Make sure you enjoy the party, yeah? And watch out for ghosts."
[Not too late?]

I think she thinks wrong or am I just not able to read it right?

"Well, thank you." CShark says. "But I seem to be rather unpolite. I am CShark, nivce to meet you. Who are you and if it s not to much are you waiting for someone."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Elsewhere

"No, it was on the Street but the Guild doesn't deal in children. Most of us in there were had a parent in the Guild, they always got treated better by the staff. I didn't; my parents were labourers. They died a long time ago; I don't know how or why. Just... one day got taken to the Orphanage." The Orphanage isn't officially part of the Guild, and few of its staff have Guild benefits, but this is fiction, maintained by both the Guild and Matron Jellybubbles, who runs the orphanage. If they knew about it, however, Gordon and Smilefish wouldn't have gone there, so their ignorance played into Agate's wish. "Getting out of there was still a wish come true, though."
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Morty »

"They decided that it doesn't count if you push someone else's bag off the board with yours, but you can push your own bags into the hole to score more points. It does make things more fun, I admit."

The little goblin on the chair looks up from her notepad and at Iknika and Atsede. A pair of bright orange eyes peers from under the Godzilla costume.

"Hi Iknika! Who's this with you? She looks tall."

[Gals With Guns]

"I'll make sure you see any tattoos I end up getting." Olvisin meets Cassidy's gaze. Yes, she can see they'll get along just fine. "Don't know what I'd get. Something with machinery, probably."
Ember
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Ember »

[Gals With Guns]

"Just make sure you don't hide any from me," Cassidy says, coupled with a very subtle raising and lowering of her eyebrows. ""I never really had a specific theme for my ink, to be honest. Got some of them cause it felt right, others because I thought they looked cool. That's the fun part."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Gals With Guns]

"Riiight." Olvisin's ears perk up. "Sounds like I should take a good look at your tattoos first, before I get any. You know, to see what good ink looks like."
Ember

Post by Ember »

[Gals With Guns]

"You want a good example to follow? I get that, took me a while to pick a few of mine too. If I'm gonna be thorough with it, though..." Cassidy throws in a little wink for good measure - in case she wasn't obvious enough. "It's probably gonna take a while."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Gals With Guns]

"Hmm. If you don't mind visiting MERC again, I know where there's good lighting so I can see all those tattoos." Neither of these women would know subtlety if it shot them with a shotgun. "Depends on how long you want to spend here."
Ember

Post by Ember »

[Gals With Guns]

"Hm. It's been a while, and I wouldn't mind seeing the old HQ again. Get the chance to really absorb those lights." Cassidy leans on the drink table, finishing off her cup. "I could stay here for a bit first, though. Never had much of a spooky time growing up, it'sfun to watch em now."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Gals With Guns]

"Sure, makes sense. The night has just begun, no reason to ditch it already to go look at tattoos." Olvisin winks. "Let's go mingle. My siblings don't like the local festivities as much as I do. Their loss."
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Morty wrote: Nov 03, 2022 11:58 pm [Just the Robots and Schools]

"They decided that it doesn't count if you push someone else's bag off the board with yours, but you can push your own bags into the hole to score more points. It does make things more fun, I admit."

The little goblin on the chair looks up from her notepad and at Iknika and Atsede. A pair of bright orange eyes peers from under the Godzilla costume.

"Hi Iknika! Who's this with you? She looks tall."

"Gotcha gotcha." Atsede looked down at the goblin before her. She was indeed very tall, especially given her current company. "Sup. I'm Atsede. Told yah got some special rules about knocking your bags vs other people's, but other than that we just tryna land em in the holes?" She was new to all of the games here, but once again, they didn't look that complicated.
Ember

Post by Ember »

[Gals With Guns]

"Exactly. We'll have all night to look at as much ink as we wanna, why rush things?" Cassidy finishes her drink and lowers her mask back down, completing the killer doll look once more for any to see. "You're kidding? They a bunch of drags all the time, or just spooky time?"
Morty

Post by Morty »

"I'm Brinika!" the young goblin cheerily declares. "The game doesn't really have a lot of rules but we decided it's okay to push your bags inside the hole for more points. You can't knock other people's bags off the board, though."

[Gals With Guns]

Olvisin waves her hand in an uncertain gesture.

"It varies. They're not usually boring but they haven't adapted to the Nexus culture as quickly as I have. They're all really excited to get cybernetics of their own, though."
Ember

Post by Ember »

[Gals With Guns]

Cassidy gives a sympathetic nod. "I get that. I know a few guys at my place who are still having trouble with the Nexus. For me, it's honestly not too different from Seattle, so it was a quick slot."

"They younger, older than you? Never had sibs myself, see. Less you count my old chain gangs, anyway." She grins down at Olvisin, though it's more than a bit hard to tell through the mask.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Gals With Guns]

"Oh, they're the same age. Quadruplets." Olvisin doesn't seem to consider it too unusual. "Zaalmin, Kuvesh and Luuvat. We have three younger siblings too, but they stayed home."
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

"Right, yeah." Okay then, exactly as she had expected. Atsede picks up a bag and tosses it up in the air, testing it's weight. She steps forward, and with an underarm throw, sends it flying. It looks right on target! It's going to land in! Oh, nevermind. Just on the edge of the hole, almost half-in even. "Ah shit. Well next throw I'll get it. Alright Iknika, you're up."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

[Not too late]

Seraphina blinks.
C-Shark.
Well, that's an interesting name for a shark...

"Um. Seraphina. I'm Seraphina," she says.
She shakes her head.
"Well....not really waiting for anyone. I mean, I just came here because I heard about it, and. Y'know. Only know one person here, anyway."
Morty

Post by Morty »

Iknika takes a beanbag and, despite considerable confidence and what looks like a well-aimed throw, doesn't really hit near the hole. It seems she was overconfident and misjudged her throw.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

[Robots, Ghouls, Trainers and Schools]

At some point as Atsede and Iknika play, their two erstwhile companions find their way towards them. Anastasia seems to have calmed down, hand clasped in Eliseo's. Her makeup's a little worn by now, but this doesn't stop her from leading the way towards them with a wave.

"Um, hey - I uh, sorry for running off like that," Ana greets with a bashful smile, only looking about 5% nervous in the process. She raises her other hand to show a bundle of thick russet slices. "We, like, grabbed some pumpkin bread if you guys want it."
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

Eliseo smiles easily at the other two, as if nothing had gone wrong at all. "It's really good. I couldn't help but sample some." He laughs. In fact he ate a whole piece before they headed back. Of course, Ana is well aware of his bottomless stomach.
~Images by Soushiyo
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Thursday Violist wrote: Nov 15, 2022 4:42 pm [Not too late]

Seraphina blinks.
C-Shark.
Well, that's an interesting name for a shark...

"Um. Seraphina. I'm Seraphina," she says.
She shakes her head.
"Well....not really waiting for anyone. I mean, I just came here because I heard about it, and. Y'know. Only know one person here, anyway."
[Not too late]

"Nice to meet you. Well I don't know if I know anyone here." he says. "Sure I don't know anyone from GloG, but at such social events everyone from everywhere comes. Next time I ask one to take me with them. Anyway, if you don't min..."

Then it seems that suddendly the time of the year is over. GloG people hanging down the decoration, food get's packed away and some visitors get a lunch packet with them.

"By the hidden part of the library. It's already over. I'm sorry I distracted you for so long. If you want we can meet up to talk. I am no shark in real life an I work for HALO."
Ember

Post by Ember »

[Gals With Guns]

"Damn. You could make a crew with numbers like that." Cassidy lets out a cackle. "I've never really had family like that. In the Barrens, you kinda choose your family, you feel me?"
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Gals With Guns]

"We are a crew." Olvisin grins toothily again. "I work together with my siblings in MERC. I think my younger siblings are closer to what our dear mother would like of us. But maybe they'll come around."
Fenric

Post by Fenric »

Rebonack wrote: Oct 31, 2022 2:55 pm [Foxes and Ghosts]

Khannie is about to take a bite out of donut number two when suddenly Caroline pratfalls right into the grass! That is, of course, not a very effective way to win a donut eating race. The girl's competitive nature says just leave Caroline in the dust but she hasn't even finished donut ONE yet so she can probably afford to have some mercy on her opponent.

"You aren't gunna win laying on the ground," Khannie points out, ever full of deep and sagely wisdom. "If the donut starts swinging you sorta catch it with your nose to make it stop. Otherwise it's swinging all over the place and you can't get a bite in."

It probably helps that in spite of Khannie having lived with a muzzle herself for the vast majority of her life she's still pretty accustomed to her human disguise and using a human mouth to eat things. It is WAY smaller and just snatching stuff is WAY harder as a result. If she weren't using her disguise then this would be easy. Just chomp the donut and done.
Caroline rights herself swiftly enough

Well... thank you, Khannie.

She resumes her attempt, finally managing a single decent chomp. She is, at this point, quite a long way behind. But it isn't that tremendously difficult to get the hang of, and the first donut vanishes away shorly after.

Hah!

---
Morty wrote: Nov 01, 2022 7:25 pm [All Over]

"What's wrong with the other snacks?" Tuskfang asks, confused, as he leads the way to the maze. Near the entrance, they'll see a middle-aged blonde goblin lady dressed as, it would appear, a scary scarecrow. Reelshka doesn't like costumes much and dresses up just to keep up the mood.

"Hi, mom!" Tuskfang squeaks. "Those are Katia, Francine and Kartik."

"Hello, children. My name is Reelshka. I'm here to make sure the hay maze is safe. If you make it to the center, you'll find some extra candy there." She smiles.
Kartik giggles

They don't squeak!

Francine nods

Hay bales mean field mice! Mmm!

They all bow politely to Reelshka with a "Hello, maam. Nice to meet you."

The other two return to discussing the wonders of nomming live mice while Katia actually listens to the instructions

We are trying to get to the middle, guys.

The three sniff the air curiously, which will give the very unhelpful location of the center of the maze, and perhaps a clue as to the sort of candy.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Foxes and Ghosts]

Oh.

Oh Caroline you poor thing.

Khannie did indeed have some mercy on her by pausing to give some pointers but as soon as Caroline appears to get the hang of things the girl absolutely demolishes her second donut without hesitation.

Caroline has lost.

And not narrowly, either.

"Woo!"

Khannie pumps her fists in the air! Victory! But also she's full of donuts now. Which means if she tries facing off against Micha are looking pretty grim. Maybe that was his intent as a MASTER OF GAMES.
Ember

Post by Ember »

[Gals With Guns]

"Oh hey, that's pretty wiz," Cassidy says. "Nothing like knowing your crew's got your back no matter what." It's hard to see with her mask, but she's grinning again. "I had a few crews like that back home, but I think it's easier to get in these parts."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

[Not too late]

Seraphina is also a little surprised at how quickly the party ended.

She shakes her head: "No, it's fine" she says.
She pauses, and thinks. She's trying to remember if she's ever heard of HALO before.
Nope. "What kind of place is HALO, anyway? Never heard of it." She pauses, and then adds, "Although, that's not really that surprising. There's lots of places I haven't heard of."
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

"Ah, hard luck," Atsede commented on Iknika's misfortune, before going for her second toss. The bag flew across the air, and this time landed perfectly- knocking her previous bag into the hole as it did. "Hell yeah!" Redemption for the apple-bobbing.

Speaking of which, Anastasia and Eliseo chose this time to show up again. Atsede turned, giving an awkward smile, but thankful to see the fox was doing okay. "Oh! No, it's okay, yeah, uh, sorry for... y'know..." The changeling decided it was probably best to avoid talking directly about the thing for now, since the other two seemed to be avoiding it too. It was also evident that she's not exactly used to apologizing for things, but she's trying her best. "Aw sweet, toss me some," she added when she heard the offer of food. She offered an awkward grin.