SPOOKTOBER 2022: TERROR AT PHOENIX LAKE

For free floating plots that wish to be separated from specific locales.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: SPOOKTOBER 2022: TERROR AT PHOENIX LAKE

Post by Morty »

[Hay Bale Maze]

Tuskfang also sniffs at the air as the kids enter the maze. It seems the candy within is at least partly chocolate.

"Do you guys have good noses too?"

[Gals With Guns]

"That's sort of what MERC does. Gives you a crew to run with." Olvisin's ears dip. "I guess I'm lucky that the family I was born into is also one I can trust. For the most part. Do you have a crew you run with around here?"

[Robots, Ghouls, Trainers and Schools]

"Hmph! I'll do better next time." It seems Iknika's ambition is considerable and she doesn't suffer defeat lightly. Then she looks up at Eliseo and Anastasia. "Good to see you two worked it out. And don't mind if I do.' She'll reach for the pumpin bread.

Brinika, meanwhile, waves at the two energetically.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

"N-no, really, um- you're fine," Anastasia assures as she hands Atsede a slice of pumpkin bread, their eyes meeting for a second before she glances away with a light blush and nervous smile. She looks between everyone, greeting Brinika with a wave. "What're you guys up to? Beanbag tossing? I'm like, kinda good at throwing things I think."
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Elsewhere
Sekhmet knows better than Agate does, but she's not going to ruin her happiness (or that of her new parents) by pointing out the truth. "I believe it. You and your parents must be thrilled!" She attempts to give Agate a congratulatory hug.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Elsewhere

""I am. The place is horrible; misbehaviour gets you put in a box in the basement over night. A friend of mine got boxed and never came back; no idea what happened to her." She was stolen by faeries, a bugbear specifically. A very friendly bugbear, as it happens, and perhaps one day she'll find her way back to the Nexus.
"Oh, the conditions there were horrible. If we could afford it, we'd have adopted them all, but we couldn't, so we went for this one." Agate smiles at the praise, though she's also looking a little awkward- she's not told her new fathers that the other girls there bullied her quite badly. Nobody deserves to stay there, but in Agate's mind, some of the other orphans don't deserve the Brignoles, either.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Thursday Violist wrote: Nov 17, 2022 10:28 pm [Not too late]

Seraphina is also a little surprised at how quickly the party ended.

She shakes her head: "No, it's fine" she says.
She pauses, and thinks. She's trying to remember if she's ever heard of HALO before.
Nope. "What kind of place is HALO, anyway? Never heard of it." She pauses, and then adds, "Although, that's not really that surprising. There's lots of places I haven't heard of."
[Not too late]

"It's one of the big Organisations in the nexus. Today it's mostly about researching (i guess). I think a lot of people haven't been there, but the name should be. After all most newcomers hear of the great orgs GloG, Vigil Merc and halo. Wll, why not change it and visit me there?"
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

"It's not too late for us to join in, is it? I wouldn't want to miss a chance to trounce you." Eliseo gives Atsede a wink. The audacity of this kid. Though he might be able to back it up...
~Images by Soushiyo
Ember
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Ember »

Gals With Guns

"Well, it used to be MERC, but I struck out on my own. Flew solo for a while, but I'm starting to put together a crew. Wrench just joined us, Dome has been my decker for a while now..." Cassidy shrugs a little. "We're still getting used to working together, there's some holes that need patching, but it's working out. Just a matter of flattening the bugs, yeah?"
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Gals With Guns]

"Sounds like you're doing well on filling out a crew. My siblings and I worked with some folk from MERC. Like Frigate, who's a giant metal construct. Or Chidi, a handsome human guy." Olvisin's ears flick. She did with Chidi what she hopes to do with Cassidy later. "Kuvesh is our bruiser, Luuvat is a sorcerer and Zaalmin is a gadgeteer. With a mean shotgun too, mind you. And there's only so much bruising you can do when you're goblin-sized, so Kuvesh makes up for it with gear. Like rocket boots."
Ember

Post by Ember »

[Gals With Guns]

"Hm, those sound like new names to me. Maybe I should catch up with old Snig sometime, see how his crew's treating him." Her eyebrows waggle just a little at the mention of an apparently handsome human, but she makes no further mention of it. "Oh, I ran with a street samurai like that once. Used to be a skinny little elf til they went chrome. Went a bit chip-mad, but there wasn't a better bruiser than them. 'Sides me, of course." She cackles.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Ah ha! With Iknika's declaration, Eliseo's banter, Anastasia's hesitant suggestion of her skills, and Atsede's own desire to show off, it seems competition was in the air. Brinika could be the judge. And it would be a nice distraction from the previous events, too. The changeling is relieved to hear that there seems to be no hard feelings on the fox's part either- but she does notice the shy blush as she takes the bread from her. Huh. Maybe she was still just feeling really awkward?

She takes a bite of the pumpkin bread and grins. "Yeah, Eli's good at throwing too. He threw our last CoD match pretty hard, remember?" Atsede moves to toss some bags to the couple. It was on!
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

Zefir wrote: Nov 20, 2022 6:52 pm [Not too late]

"It's one of the big Organisations in the nexus. Today it's mostly about researching (i guess). I think a lot of people haven't been there, but the name should be. After all most newcomers hear of the great orgs GloG, Vigil Merc and halo. Wll, why not change it and visit me there?"
[Not too late]

"So, out of those, I've heard of GLoG," Seraphina says.

Which, honestly isn't surprising since they're currently at GLoG.

Seraphina strokes her chin.
She thinks.
"Research, huh?"
Research definitely sounds interesting. Seraphina wants to know what kind of research they do here. "I'll go find a map so that I can find my way there," she says.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Gals With Guns]

"Snig?" Cassidy's nickname for Dipsnig clearly amuses Olvisin. "I guess you can call him that now that you're not a member anymore. He's touchy about it. But yes, Kuvesh is very interested in cybernetics that can make him stronger too."

"Hah! Okay, we've got a tournament on our hands, huh?" Brinika grins toothily under her Godzilla costume. "Let me just make a separate score for you four."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

Eliseo catche the bag with ease. "If you're so confident I guess I can stop going easy on you." He trades back. She better bet it's on!
~Images by Soushiyo
Ember

Post by Ember »

[Gals With Guns]

"Hah! He can grumble as much as he likes, but he'll get used to it eventually." Cassidy laughs again, making the internal note to see Dipsnig some time. "Oh yeah, there's plenty of warez for that. Dome knows more than I do, so give us a look if you ever find yourself doing an Inside op."
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Elsewhere
"Well, I'm very happy for you all," Sekhmet replies, smiling. She doesn't want to think about children in those awful conditions and... It's too late, she's thinking about it. The smile fades, replaced by a grim-faced look of determination. Someone ought to do something. "It, uh, looks like the party's ending. I'll, uh, see you later? Nice meeting you, Agate."
She leaves, thinking. How could she help those poor kids? Skyside's so terrible, she's not sure she could fix things without making them worse somehow.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Thursday Violist wrote: Nov 22, 2022 7:09 pm [Not too late]

"So, out of those, I've heard of GLoG," Seraphina says.

Which, honestly isn't surprising since they're currently at GLoG.

Seraphina strokes her chin.
She thinks.
"Research, huh?"
Research definitely sounds interesting. Seraphina wants to know what kind of research they do here. "I'll go find a map so that I can find my way there," she says.
[Not too late]

"No need for a map, anyone can help you get there and I think it is signed on the road." Mr C says " Since this is the nexus a maps are kinda broken. The moment someone draws one it's already outdated."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Elsewhere

"The day the adoption was finalised, just before we came to pick Agate up, the place was attacked by some kind of monster, even. Killed some staff, and three children went missing." Actually four, but one's wish resulted in the Guild and associated organisations prevented from finding her or knowing she exists.
"It was entropic in nature, a right nightmare to... to witness." Agate chips in.
"I didn't think you saw it? You said you'd spent the time locked in a bedroom." Gordon frowns at Agate, a little concerned about how the children are kept in the Orphanage.
"Uh, I was! But there was a window, I saw it through that."
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Gals With Guns]

Olvisin nods.

"I might send Kuvesh your way. Chidi hooked us up with a cyberneticist he knows, but it never hurts to have more options. I don't know what's next for me in terms of chrome. The arms are already pretty rad."
Ember

Post by Ember »

[Gals With Guns]

"Eh, from what the samurai I've known have told me, the need for new chrome kinda emerges in the moment." Cassidy blinks a few times. "That sounded gory. What I mean is, don't grok it, yeah? You've already got some sweet arms, you'll figure the rest out."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

[Not too late]

Seraphina nods.
"Okay..." She thinks.
"Yeah. I'll try to follow the signs," she says.

She waves.
"I guess I'll probably see you when I get there?"
Seraphina leaves, looking for where the main road is (she got here through the forest).
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

[Not too late]

"Okay Bye" C Shark waves back and swims also to the main road were they part ways soon i guess. Especially since he will take a cap.