Thanksmas 2022: I Can't Believe That Tiny Dragon Is Actually A Very Tall Cafe Proprietress Dragon And Is Running Thanks-

For free floating plots that wish to be separated from specific locales.
Mee
Just A Fox

Thanksmas 2022: I Can't Believe That Tiny Dragon Is Actually A Very Tall Cafe Proprietress Dragon And Is Running Thanks-

Post by Mee »

The Glittering Garnet Cafe is a quaint, quiet, cheerful little place! It's often just called "Sally's" by her regulars, and is owned by a unique enough dragon that everyone knows exactly where they're referring to.

The Cafe has an entrance door on the right -- after a brief entryway to avoid gusts of cold air from a single open door --, leading to a large, J shaped countertop with a few registers. Blackboards on the walls behind the registers, and glass viewing cabinets allowing you to see the delicious snacks within, display hand-written signs of what the specials of the day are. The place always just smells wonderful, in part because the coffee beans are roasted in-house in a side room, with a plexiglass window on an internal wall where you can see the roaster -- not that you can see much, it's an enclosed metal tube, but you can look! -- and then plenty of chairs and small tables for people to gather. The small glass covered counter displays the snacks that are offered; from pastries to salads to wood fire oven cooked small flat bread pizzas, which happily crackles and roars away behind the main counter.

The main room is fairly sizeable, though not huge by any means, and features a small standalone counter with various extra little pitchers of milk, sugar packets, simple syrup, and the mug return.

It also always always seems to be snowing just outside, making this place all the more inviting, warm, and comfortable.
► Reference Images

The proprietress of the place is, of course, Sally! She is a near 8 foot tall towering clutz of a pink dragongirl. She has dark blue hair that falls to the lower parts of her back, and is wearing a cute apron that does nothing to hide the absolute enormity of her- . . . heart. That's right she loves everybody, and just truly wants to help make people happy and bring them joy in their lives.

And to try to do that, she is frantically hanging decorations! The Cafe itself has somehow magically been rescaled upwards to be Just As Big As It Needs To Be, and that, in conjunction with the sheer amount of Pink in the decorations definitely definitely displays the fact that Civvy has been involved to some extent. There are cute pink fairy lights hung around the place, primarily near the ceiling -- which is what Sally is still doing when folks may start arriving, is finishing hanging those --, draping down and around the door frames, between the windows, across the ceiling in cute zigs and zags . . .
Sally just really likes little cute lights. And apparently tinsel to go with it. Mostly pink, but a lot of blues, and whites, and some golds.

In the corners of the room, and then one very very large version in the very center, are some cutely decorated pine trees. Though these ones still seem to be very much alive, and are strictly being borrowed from . . . somewhere. They have cute little portals at their bases, closely snugged around the trunk itself, meaning the roots of the tree are still happily planted . . .
. . . somewhere. But the trees can be safely decorated then just returned home later! There are some gifts around the small trees already -- all decorated and wrapped in various shades of pink, snowflakes, and fox patternings --, but the biggest tree in the middle was definitely left mostly undecorated, and with no gifts under it, in case guests would like to partake themselves.

Above a handful of tables is some bits of- . . . entire branches. Sally that's too much mistletoe. That's a lot of mistletoe not everyone is almost 8 feet tall oh my gosh Sally. Well, above an Undefined Number Of Tables, such that anyone that suddenly may need one can suddenly have a bit of mistletoe, is a branch of mistletoe!

"Kara halp." Come the mumblings from Sally, who is tilting her head to balance her phone between her shoulder and her ear, while still trying to get the last of the lights up. "I got so much peppermint seasoning for the drinks. And snacks. I offer food in exchange.
. . .
That's fine. Bring Sidney with you I'll feed you both?
. . .
Yeah I'm sure Ber'ri'll be here I invited her too.
. . .
All right awesome thank you so much sweetie!"
Sally shuffles her shoulder slightly so her phone slips back to its usual home, before she half steps off the ladder and overbalances entirely.
The entire cafe shakes slightly as Sally hits the floor on her back with a bit of an 'oof' noise.
But the vibrations from her hitting the floor somehow flipped the Closed sign over to the Open side. She sees it. She shrugs.
"About as good as I think I'ma get it. Thank you for your help." She scritchies the little fox that hangs out around here's chin with a pleasant smile, before getting back up and behind the counter; waiting for the first visitors.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Re: Thanksmas 2022: I Can't Believe That Tiny Dragon Is Actually A Very Tall Cafe Proprietress Dragon And Is Running Tha

Post by Rebonack »

Heck yeah Thanksmas!

Khannie has got plans for Thanksmas this year. Plans that involved inviting Arthfael to join her for the Thanksmas party at...

The Glittering Garnet Cafe?

Huh.

She hadn't ever heard of that place before but whatever Inside has like a zillion restaurants and she's been to none percent of them so far so why not?

Anywho hopefully Arthfael can find the place since she has a nerfarious plan she really wants to spring on him. But! For now! There's just the matter of arriving. Khannie is a human teen girl of fourteen with an absolutely preposterously sized pony tail sticking out the back of her Thanksmas themed cap (featuring a turkey, a tree, and a multi-branched candle stick as a topper prominently) along with the most hideous Thanksmas sweater she could get her paws on. It's a gaudy white and green and red thing with silver and gold tinsel woven into it and HAPPY THANKSMAS emblazoned across the front.

As soon as Khannie Vallarm steps into the cafe her eyes go wide with wonder and delight at the decorations.

"Holy heck Cheasadh is going to love the party this year," she laughs, her mind immediately going to her gnome friend who adores the color pink. Brinika and Cheasadh should probably be arriving soon, right? They come to basically every Thanksmas ever.. Khannie begins wandering around, admiring the decorations and eyeing the snacks. Also she tries really hard to ignore the fox smell from the foxes. Unless they have been magiced up not to smell like fox which is certainly a possibility. The proprietor might notice the slightly foxy smell of the disguised zoroark heavily masked by the scent of human and lavender depending on how sharp her sense of smells is.

Hmm...

Well!

Aside from fox things Khannie is going to poke around and see if any of snacks are immediately available. Does she gotta buy each thing on its own or is the party catered like it usually is?
Mee
Just A Fox

Re: Thanksmas 2022: I Can't Believe That Tiny Dragon Is Actually A Very Tall Cafe Proprietress Dragon And Is Running Tha

Post by Mee »

Rebonack wrote: Nov 24, 2022 8:45 pm Heck yeah Thanksmas!

Khannie has got plans for Thanksmas this year. Plans that involved inviting Arthfael to join her for the Thanksmas party at...

The Glittering Garnet Cafe?

Huh.

She hadn't ever heard of that place before but whatever Inside has like a zillion restaurants and she's been to none percent of them so far so why not?

Anywho hopefully Arthfael can find the place since she has a nerfarious plan she really wants to spring on him. But! For now! There's just the matter of arriving. Khannie is a human teen girl of fourteen with an absolutely preposterously sized pony tail sticking out the back of her Thanksmas themed cap (featuring a turkey, a tree, and a multi-branched candle stick as a topper prominently) along with the most hideous Thanksmas sweater she could get her paws on. It's a gaudy white and green and red thing with silver and gold tinsel woven into it and HAPPY THANKSMAS emblazoned across the front.

As soon as Khannie Vallarm steps into the cafe her eyes go wide with wonder and delight at the decorations.

"Holy heck Cheasadh is going to love the party this year," she laughs, her mind immediately going to her gnome friend who adores the color pink. Brinika and Cheasadh should probably be arriving soon, right? They come to basically every Thanksmas ever.. Khannie begins wandering around, admiring the decorations and eyeing the snacks. Also she tries really hard to ignore the fox smell from the foxes. Unless they have been magiced up not to smell like fox which is certainly a possibility. The proprietor might notice the slightly foxy smell of the disguised zoroark heavily masked by the scent of human and lavender depending on how sharp her sense of smells is.

Hmm...

Well!

Aside from fox things Khannie is going to poke around and see if any of snacks are immediately available. Does she gotta buy each thing on its own or is the party catered like it usually is?
The foxes around these parts, in fact, do not smell! She's a very well behaved and clean and non-stinky fox!

"Hi hi hi hello welcome to the Glittering Garnet what can I get for you?" Sally, the previously mentioned almost-8-foot-tall-pink-dragon-lady behind the counter asks, beaming a smile that nearly lights up the entire room as she makes it, asks of her newest guest!

The snacks are, in fact, all catered! Just a 'pick what you want, Sally will pull it from the display for you, and if you want a drink, you're welcome to those too!'. It sounds like some mysterious benefactor effectively paid to rent the place and all the food and drink. So while someone will pay for all the snacks, it certainly won't be any of the guests!
[Caveat one if Mee is not around to reply and post and welcome everyone in please please do assume Sally will do her best to get folks what they want and need! So while Mee will do her best, do not wait on her too long]
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Khannie is standing there completely oblivious to disaster as it strikes her with full force. Something that threatens to ruin all of her Thanksmas plans in one fell swoop.
"You know, Khannie. You're allowed to be seen with your old man once per...ever."
Jace is in his usual attire...but this time his cloak has a (ethically sourced) fur lining. Everyone knows fur lining means it's wintery time.
And that's true. Khannie runs off on her own so often she hasn't really be seen with her father in public in years.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Two demons enter the coffee shop, dressed in elaborately designed green dresses with white fur trim (red may be more traditional, but it doesn't go well with their skin tone). The older one, except for her more modest clothing, looks like you would expect of a queen of succubi: horns (with a ball of fire floating between them), barbed tail, batlike wings, and... "other assets." The other one, much younger (looking only around 14) is clearly her daughter, not yet come into her own as a succubus. She has a distinctly draconic aspect - her wings, tail, and legs are covered in deep black scales that glitter in the light. She waves to her Khannie from across the room, but doesn't approach just yet, it looks like her roommate's busy with her dad.
"It's nice in here. But... Very pink," she comments to her mum. "It's not typical decorations, but no matter. Let's get some refreshments," Sekhmet replies.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

"The Glittering Garnet Cafe."

Arthfael reads the name of the venue out loud to himself, shaking his head and smirking. That's a fortuitous coincidence. Siana told him about this place a while back; she'd never gone into it, but the name came up while she was crawling through good places to eat, she told Arthfael about it and he's been trying to find time to come here ever since. On review of the place, he concludes that the decorations are a bit... much. But if he comes back in a few months and takes in this place's natural ambiance, he's sure he'll like it a bit more then.

Not that he could admit as much, mind. The kids at school already make fun of him for a number of his habits. This would probably just be another item on the list.

...Right. That's enough thinking about that. Arthfael will step forward and look around for Khannie; there's no way he managed to arrive before she did. Not unless she was very late getting out the door. Or she ran into trouble on the way up here and had to do Ghost things for a bit, resulting in an awkward situation that she'd have to explain to the other guests and-

Actually that sounds weirdly plausible.

-

"...no, of course I'm not spending Thanksmas with you two!" A woman in a red dress with ermine trim practically screams into her phone. "...Because you're a brute and he's a slob, that's why! Now if you call me again before new year's, I swear to us, I will personally teach you eight new definitions to the word 'pain'. Do I make myself clear? ...Good."

breep!

"Pain in my arse." The woman mumbles, setting her phone on the table and running her fingers through her hair, cheeks puffed out as she lets an aggravated sigh. "One damn vacation a year, but can they respect that? No, of course not, gotta ruin my holiday like they ruin everything else..."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Keeper wrote: Nov 25, 2022 3:13 am Khannie is standing there completely oblivious to disaster as it strikes her with full force. Something that threatens to ruin all of her Thanksmas plans in one fell swoop.
"You know, Khannie. You're allowed to be seen with your old man once per...ever."
Jace is in his usual attire...but this time his cloak has a (ethically sourced) fur lining. Everyone knows fur lining means it's wintery time.
And that's true. Khannie runs off on her own so often she hasn't really be seen with her father in public in years.
"Hi hello welcome to you too! Welcome to the Garnet! Can I get you a drink started? A shmacko- . . . A- A snack?" Sally blushes just a bit. She needs to be on her best behavior! Not her Usual behavior! There's an entiure party going on!
bc56 wrote: Nov 25, 2022 5:25 am Two demons enter the coffee shop, dressed in elaborately designed green dresses with white fur trim (red may be more traditional, but it doesn't go well with their skin tone). The older one, except for her more modest clothing, looks like you would expect of a queen of succubi: horns (with a ball of fire floating between them), barbed tail, batlike wings, and... "other assets." The other one, much younger (looking only around 14) is clearly her daughter, not yet come into her own as a succubus. She has a distinctly draconic aspect - her wings, tail, and legs are covered in deep black scales that glitter in the light. She waves to her Khannie from across the room, but doesn't approach just yet, it looks like her roommate's busy with her dad.
"It's nice in here. But... Very pink," she comments to her mum. "It's not typical decorations, but no matter. Let's get some refreshments," Sekhmet replies.
"Hi hello welcome!" Sally, already starting to get a little frazzled, greets the newcomers. "What can I get going for you today?" The very tall, very . . . noticeable, woman asks. Looking at the board behind her, seems to be pretty much the usual collection of types of coffee, tea, apparently boba *is* on the menu if wanted!
But there's a lot of peppermint on the menu. Sally likely overprepared.
Also some leftover Pumpkin Spice. It's okay. People can order it. Sally won't tell.

Either way, whatever is requested (unless boba), is quickly served and they can get to the rest of the fun!
Ironsmith wrote: Nov 25, 2022 6:26 am "The Glittering Garnet Cafe."

Arthfael reads the name of the venue out loud to himself, shaking his head and smirking. That's a fortuitous coincidence. Siana told him about this place a while back; she'd never gone into it, but the name came up while she was crawling through good places to eat, she told Arthfael about it and he's been trying to find time to come here ever since. On review of the place, he concludes that the decorations are a bit... much. But if he comes back in a few months and takes in this place's natural ambiance, he's sure he'll like it a bit more then.

Not that he could admit as much, mind. The kids at school already make fun of him for a number of his habits. This would probably just be another item on the list.

...Right. That's enough thinking about that. Arthfael will step forward and look around for Khannie; there's no way he managed to arrive before she did. Not unless she was very late getting out the door. Or she ran into trouble on the way up here and had to do Ghost things for a bit, resulting in an awkward situation that she'd have to explain to the other guests and-

Actually that sounds weirdly plausible.

-

"...no, of course I'm not spending Thanksmas with you two!" A woman in a red dress with ermine trim practically screams into her phone. "...Because you're a brute and he's a slob, that's why! Now if you call me again before new year's, I swear to us, I will personally teach you eight new definitions to the word 'pain'. Do I make myself clear? ...Good."

breep!

"Pain in my arse." The woman mumbles, setting her phone on the table and running her fingers through her hair, cheeks puffed out as she lets an aggravated sigh. "One damn vacation a year, but can they respect that? No, of course not, gotta ruin my holiday like they ruin everything else..."
Sally, proving incredible at multitasking for single one-off posts allowing folks to get to the party proper, blinks.
"Caaaan I get youuuu anything started?" She asks, with the menu just up above, and will get the newcomers the drinks they request, so they, too, can get to the rest of the party!

. . .

Unless anyone wants Boba. There are a few extra steps for that.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Arthfael quietly declines to order anything. Most of this stuff he can't really enjoy for its own sake; he's really more of a social eater, so it's sort of pointless for him to get anything before he sees who he's here to see.

-

The woman in red raises an eyebrow. "...Peppermint mocha latte. Extra peppermint." She says plainly, after glancing up at the menu for a moment. Her gaze then goes back to Sally, where it will be held for... what's probably an uncomfortable length of time. Given the number of oddities here in the Nexus, Sally might have had to deal with customers that look straight through her clothing more than once. This woman seems like she might be among that number.

Thankfully, she won't keep it up for too long.

"Go on. Off you pop." She prompts, waving Sally away.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Ironsmith wrote: Nov 25, 2022 6:51 am Arthfael quietly declines to order anything. Most of this stuff he can't really enjoy for its own sake; he's really more of a social eater, so it's sort of pointless for him to get anything before he sees who he's here to see.

-

The woman in red raises an eyebrow. "...Peppermint mocha latte. Extra peppermint." She says plainly, after glancing up at the menu for a moment. Her gaze then goes back to Sally, where it will be held for... what's probably an uncomfortable length of time. Given the number of oddities here in the Nexus, Sally might have had to deal with customers that look straight through her clothing more than once. This woman seems like she might be among that number.

Thankfully, she won't keep it up for too long.

"Go on. Off you pop." She prompts, waving Sally away.
Sally has not had to deal with anyone like that before! Which . . . is probably for the best for her. All things considered. Sally is used to getting stared at, but not for those reasons. Nor, likely, would she like to know about those situations if they were to come up.
"Y-yeah of course!" Sally, who is already standing behind the counter, doesn't even have to go far to start prepping things. She's usually a bit of a klutz, but for this? She's oddly coordinated. And it's kinda fun to watch! The spins, undoes the latch on the coffee maker itself, and bashes out the old grinds, while her tail, nearly as long as its owner is tall, flicks behind her, bopping against and sliding through a specially designed little Catch specifically for her tail, to turn on the coffee grinder.
She goes about her work, before asking "Oh, regular milk, coconut, or almond?"
Upon receiving an answer, she'll finish getting that all set, put it in a truly adorable little mug, and draw a little Thanksmas Tree in the foam on the top, before sliding it across the countertop. "Enjoy~!"
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

When she turns back around, either to ask about the milk ("Regular, please.") or to actually serve the drink, Sally will catch sight of the woman staring again, particularly at her tail. For some reason, that seems to be an item of fascination for her.

Well... "fascination".

That's the polite term for it.

Whatever is going through that lady's mind is... probably nothing so wholesome as "wow, now that is one skilled barista".

Fortunately, beyond the growing-less-subtle leering, the woman doesn't seem to be inclined to act on whatever is in her head. She simply accepts the latte and sips it quietly while continuing to stare at Sally, saying nothing more than a mumbled "thank you" when the drink is in her hands.

ssssship

All while maintaining an unbroken gaze.

How long's she been doing that now? Six minutes, going on seven? It certainly won't feel like it. Every time Sally turns around, she's going to see this lady staring back at her. She doesn't go away or stop if Sally ignores her or focuses on somebody else. And she's taking an uncharitably long time to finish her latte; it must be ice-cold by the time she gets halfway to the bottom, and yet she's still here, still staring.

Not exactly Thanksmas sort of behavior.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

If they don't stink it isn't because they're not dirty. It's clearly because there something else going on. Because foxes don't stink because of filth they stink thanks to an abundance of stink glands that exist for the express purpose of being smelly.

Which Khannie has had to deal with (ugh).

Thankfully she's found the right combination of shampoos and perfumes to eliminate/mask the vast majority of the fox-musk smell. It's something she's really self-conscious about.

Anywho!

Offerings of snacks.

By...

A huge person. Wow that lady is ginormous.

"Uh, hey? Sure. Do you have any snacks that are sweet and spicy?" Khannie politely inquires. She has a pretty major soft spot for both sweets and food that will turn your mouth into molten slag. Especially snacks that do both at the same time. And no sooner does she make her request that dad announces his presence.

This was not a surprise.

It took some cajoling to get him to join her and he gets a weapons-grade teenage girl eye-roll for his trouble. Sure there's a pretty good chance he'll try to embarrass her but she actually likes it when he comes to these parties and things. Family is important. Getting embarrassed is a small price to pay.

"You know I don't mind when you come to the holiday parties with me," she objects. "You're just always so busy."

Busy.

Is he?

He's gotten out so little ever since that meme-virus thing happened and made Veronica go crazy or whatever. Khannie's pretty sure that hurt him somehow but he doesn't really talk about it. Maybe he'll open up about it eventually.

Mary and her mom get a wave from Khannie but then the person she was really waiting for shows up. "Hey Arthfael!" Khannie calls out before jogging over to her boy-friend. "You made it!"

Apparently Khannie had NOT been waylaid by super villains on her way to the Thanksmas party. No, her plans for this Thanksmas party were WAY too important to get thwarted by something like that. Initially she wasn't sure if there was going to be any mistletoe set up for clandestine smooching purposes but basically the whole ceiling of the entire cafe is covered in the stuff. Not very subtle.

Originally she had been planning how she could covertly maneuver Arthfael under a sprig of the stuff and then steal a kiss but given the presence of about five and a half gobs of Thanksmas smoochy plant this is going to be way easier than she anticipated. She had actually discussed the kiss plan with Zebes since he's easier to talk to about that sort of thing and way less likely to embarrass her over it than her dad is.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

"Black tea, no cream, two sugars, please" Sekhmet replies, smiling. Mary nods. "Um, the same for me." Like mother, like daughter.
Sekhmet noticed the other devil out of the corner of her eye. Is that?.. Well, if she ignores her, she should be fine. Thanksmas parties are safe after all. She ushers Mary to sit down at a table near the window.
Morty
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

Khannie is, at the very least, correct about Brinika. The young goblin arrives along with the usual swarm of cousins. Cheasadh is very likely right beside her. As is normal for Thanksmas, the little goblins scatter around the cafe, taking in the sights and marveling at the sheer pinkness of it all.

As per another Thanksmas tradition, Dipsnig's wolf pack is also there. The floofy wolves in all sizes and ages wander the Garnet, available for petting and cuddling purposes.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Ironsmith wrote: Nov 25, 2022 8:03 am When she turns back around, either to ask about the milk ("Regular, please.") or to actually serve the drink, Sally will catch sight of the woman staring again, particularly at her tail. For some reason, that seems to be an item of fascination for her.

Well... "fascination".

That's the polite term for it.

Whatever is going through that lady's mind is... probably nothing so wholesome as "wow, now that is one skilled barista".

Fortunately, beyond the growing-less-subtle leering, the woman doesn't seem to be inclined to act on whatever is in her head. She simply accepts the latte and sips it quietly while continuing to stare at Sally, saying nothing more than a mumbled "thank you" when the drink is in her hands.

ssssship

All while maintaining an unbroken gaze.

How long's she been doing that now? Six minutes, going on seven? It certainly won't feel like it. Every time Sally turns around, she's going to see this lady staring back at her. She doesn't go away or stop if Sally ignores her or focuses on somebody else. And she's taking an uncharitably long time to finish her latte; it must be ice-cold by the time she gets halfway to the bottom, and yet she's still here, still staring.

Not exactly Thanksmas sort of behavior.
Well, after a cheerful and very pleasant "Please enjoy!" and another beaming smile from Sally, the poor dragon is too overwhelmed and busy with all her other customers really to notice.
Plus . . .she gets stared at a lot. It happens. She does her best to ignore and not let it get to her. But really . . . I don't think she notices too much. Too many other guests.
Rebonack wrote: Nov 25, 2022 6:20 pm If they don't stink it isn't because they're not dirty. It's clearly because there something else going on. Because foxes don't stink because of filth they stink thanks to an abundance of stink glands that exist for the express purpose of being smelly.

Which Khannie has had to deal with (ugh).

Thankfully she's found the right combination of shampoos and perfumes to eliminate/mask the vast majority of the fox-musk smell. It's something she's really self-conscious about.

Anywho!

Offerings of snacks.

By...

A huge person. Wow that lady is ginormous.

"Uh, hey? Sure. Do you have any snacks that are sweet and spicy?" Khannie politely inquires. She has a pretty major soft spot for both sweets and food that will turn your mouth into molten slag. Especially snacks that do both at the same time. And no sooner does she make her request that dad announces his presence.
"Yeah absolutely! We have some chocolate with peppers in it! I can brew it up into some cocoa, or leave it as a chocolate treat?"
bc56 wrote: Nov 25, 2022 7:30 pm "Black tea, no cream, two sugars, please" Sekhmet replies, smiling. Mary nods. "Um, the same for me." Like mother, like daughter.
Sekhmet noticed the other devil out of the corner of her eye. Is that?.. Well, if she ignores her, she should be fine. Thanksmas parties are safe after all. She ushers Mary to sit down at a table near the window.
"Of course of course!" And the two teas are brewed and served quickly and taste delicious, and are slid across the counter in no time at all by a joyfully smiling dragon.
Morty wrote: Nov 25, 2022 11:48 pm Khannie is, at the very least, correct about Brinika. The young goblin arrives along with the usual swarm of cousins. Cheasadh is very likely right beside her. As is normal for Thanksmas, the little goblins scatter around the cafe, taking in the sights and marveling at the sheer pinkness of it all.

As per another Thanksmas tradition, Dipsnig's wolf pack is also there. The floofy wolves in all sizes and ages wander the Garnet, available for petting and cuddling purposes.
"Hi hello welcome all of you!" The tall, pink, Sally offers as they arrive. "Happy Thanksmas to you all, and may I get you anything to eat or drink?"
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Cheasadh is accompanying her sister and cousins, the fourteen-year-old blonde gnome wearing a pink Santa-type hat and a fluffy coat.

Agate also arrives, without her parents this time. She's a ten-year-old dwarf with dusky skin, metallic copper hair and she's wearing a pair of jeans and a matching blue denim jacket.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Morty

Post by Morty »

Brinika looks up... and up... and up. That is one big lady. But wait.

"Are you the same Sally we met in Civvy's realm? But you were a small dragon back then, not a big lady."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Oh hey!

Khannie's friends showed up, too!

"Hey Brinika! Hey Cheasadh! These decorations are something else, huh?" she calls out. But wait, snack questions are important too! Khannie is left considering that offer carefully. "Peppers in chocolate? That DOES sound pretty good. What sorta peppers are they? Just like jalapenos or something? OH! Have you got chocolate covered CHERRY peppers? Like chocolate covered cherries but with pimientos instead?"

Khannie gives a little bounce on her toes as she asks this very important question. It seems unlikely to her but just the THOUGHT of chocolate covered cherry peppers is making her mouth water.
Last edited by Rebonack on Nov 27, 2022 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Morty wrote: Nov 26, 2022 8:07 pm Brinika looks up... and up... and up. That is one big lady. But wait.

"Are you the same Sally we met in Civvy's realm? But you were a small dragon back then, not a big lady."
"Hi! Hello yes! That- . . . that was me!" Sally confirms, those same emerald green eyes as Brinika had seen earlier closing before their owner nodnodnodnods several times. "Thank you all so so so much for the headpats and pets and pots and pats an- and-" Sally just blushes slightly, looking down a bit, and poking her pointer fingers together slightly shyly. "T-thank you." Sally almost . . . sniffles slightly?
Poor Sally. She's still pretty young and wants to go play with her friends, but she has a job to do! And to that front, she asks "Can . . . Can I get any of you anything? It'd be my pleasure to thank you all for that first meeting!"
Rebonack wrote: Nov 26, 2022 8:42 pm Oh hey!

Khannie's friends showed up, too!

"Hey Brinika! Hey Cheasadh! These decorations are something else, huh?" she calls out. But wait, snack questions are important too! Khannie is left considering that offer carefully. "Peppers in chocolate? That DOES sound pretty good. What sorta peppers are they? Just like jalapenos or something? OH! Have you got chocolate covered CHERRY peppers? Like chocolate covered cherries but with pimientos instead?"

Khannie gives a little bounce on her toes as she asks this very important question. It seems unlikely to her but just the THOUGHT of chocolate covered cherry peppers is making her mouth water.
"I- . . ." Sally snaps her mouth shut for a sec, before frowning in thought. She's not used to it, please bear with her as she processes. "You know what. One sec!" Sally takes a few steps back, and then leaaaaaans way far back, poking her head around a corner, and having a brief whispered conversation with someone behind the door frame.
She comes back, and nods once. "Yus! One moment!"

And as promised, one (well okay, a few) moments later, Sally's assistant for this endeavor comes out from behind that door frame. She is significantly shorter than Sally, at just a tiny bit over 5 feet tall, she has cute, floppy cow-like ears, mint green hair that darkens at its tips, somewhere around her shoulders. She's wearing a comfortable, oversized hoodie that covers most up to her fingertips, a cute skirt -- that shows off that her legs and probably arms are lightly spotted -- that lets her cow-like tail swish behind her, and most importantly, she's carrying a plate.
And on this plate, appear to be some peppers! That have . . . well. It looks like been impaled onto a wooden skewer, as if they were to be kebabbed, except they were then dunked into molten chocolate, and then flash frozen to solidify the chocolate.
Looks like Khannie is going to get her chocolate covered peppers. Though the full fancy 'remaking the chocolate cherries but with a pimiento' may take a good deal of extra work.
"P-p-p-p-please enjoy." Sally's helper stammers, placing the plate onto the centralized serving area of the countertop, and fleeing back to the back room. Unless stopped.
Sally smiles off after her. She's proud; that had been very scary.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Oh boy this sounds great.

This was such an amazing idea Khannie is so proud of coming up with it.

How easy would it be to get dipping chocolate for home? Something that would harden into a candy shell? That would be SO COOL she could make her own chocolate covered peppers it would be great! Granted she would probably be the only one eating them BUT STILL! The anticipation is just killing her and she's mostly just standing back and listening to her friends chatting with the ginormous dragon lady but then-!

There they are.

The chocolate covered peppers.

"Oh wow they look-" she begins to say to Sally's helper, only for the lady to turn around and RUN!
That strikes her as...

Strange.

"-great...? Uh, hey? Are you okay?" Khannie asks, concern creeping into her tone.

Is this lady just shy or something? Or... afraid? Or what?
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

"Hey, Khan-oof!" Arthfael attempts to greet his girlfriend, only to have the greeting interrupted by an entirely-too-enthusiastic hug from what looks, at first, to be a pile of trash in a red-and-white Thanksmas dress.

"Hey, you! Where have you been all this time? You haven't been avoiding me, have you?" Tahara giggles through the hug.

"Could you blame me if I was? I- wait, is that peppermint? Is... is that you?"

"Deoderant, yeah. Or as close as I can get without having armpits. Trash witch's best friend, if she wants to have a social life, ha~!"

-

Unfortunately for Sekhmet, her presence doesn't go unnoticed. Not by any means.

"Well, cross me thrice and waste three vessels." The woman in red chortles as she takes a seat opposite the demon queen, setting her cup on the table. "If it isn't Her Majesty, Queen Sekhmet herself! Now, what are you doing at a humble little Thanksmas party like this?" She takes a sip and a guess, her gaze briefly flicking over to Mary. "Taking the little one out and about?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Rebonack wrote: Nov 25, 2022 6:20 pm
It took some cajoling to get him to join her and he gets a weapons-grade teenage girl eye-roll for his trouble. Sure there's a pretty good chance he'll try to embarrass her but she actually likes it when he comes to these parties and things. Family is important. Getting embarrassed is a small price to pay.

"You know I don't mind when you come to the holiday parties with me," she objects. "You're just always so busy."

Busy.

Is he?

He's gotten out so little ever since that meme-virus thing happened and made Veronica go crazy or whatever. Khannie's pretty sure that hurt him somehow but he doesn't really talk about it. Maybe he'll open up about it eventually.
Yes. Just Veronica. There was no temporary insanity by anyone whose name started with K.
"You say you don't mind me and Zebes being with you at places but you roll your eyes at us every time we say anything in front of your friends."
Like some kind of TEENAGER.

"Just cocoa for me." he replies to the host.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Oh no.

Khannie being concerned for the cowgirl and then Jace talking to her just TOTALLY distracted Khannie from her boyfriend getting glomped by a giant heap of roaches wearing a crude approximation of human skin.

Is that a violation of a health code or something?

Anyway!

No!

Definitely not!

Khannie didn't go crazy at all as a result of the meme virus. She just started acting all Mystery Dungeon-y. Nothing weird going on there.

"Not EVERY time!"
Khannie objects, managing to catch herself and prevent any eye-rolling that would typically follow such a comment. "Like when we helped Cheasadh with her new staff I only rolled my eyes at one lame joke Zebes made."

There, see?

It wasn't even directed at Jace.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Rebonack wrote: Nov 27, 2022 2:53 am Oh boy this sounds great.

This was such an amazing idea Khannie is so proud of coming up with it.

How easy would it be to get dipping chocolate for home? Something that would harden into a candy shell? That would be SO COOL she could make her own chocolate covered peppers it would be great! Granted she would probably be the only one eating them BUT STILL! The anticipation is just killing her and she's mostly just standing back and listening to her friends chatting with the ginormous dragon lady but then-!

There they are.

The chocolate covered peppers.

"Oh wow they look-" she begins to say to Sally's helper, only for the lady to turn around and RUN!
That strikes her as...

Strange.

"-great...? Uh, hey? Are you okay?" Khannie asks, concern creeping into her tone.

Is this lady just shy or something? Or... afraid? Or what?
"She's okay," Sally replies, getting drinks and snacks prepped and made for the newcomers. "She's just very very very shy. And I'm very proud of her for doing that!"
bc56

Post by bc56 »

"I could ask you the same question," Sekhmet's voice is as cold and hard as steel. "It's much more out of character for you to celebrate Thanksmas, Libidine." No honorifics. Sekhmet doesn't think Libidine deserves them and isn't sarcastic enough to use them anyway.
Mary's about to protest being called "little one," but her mother's demeanor stops her. Sekhmet's normally warm and friendly with everyone. This Libidine woman must be dangerous.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

The deviless laughs, a surprisingly airy sound if not for the circumstances. "Oh, Sekhmet... you really don't get this whole 'queen' thing at all, do you?" She chortles, resting her chin against her hand as she leans on the table. "Yes, I'm here on Thanksmas. Haven't you noticed what isn't here? The throne made from the souls of the damned? The wine glass waiting to be filled with some poor unfortunate? A body more than five feet tall and just dripping with raw power and sex appeal?" She waves her hand dismissively. "I'm not here as the Deviless of Lust, and all the theatrics and posturing that comes with the position. I'm here as Libidine, someone who just enjoys being around people and seeing all of those bright, smiling faces looking back at her." She turns that smirk of hers on Mary, rolling her mug between her hands. "It gets simply dreadful in the Abyss, and even those of us up at the top... or, well, bottom... need a vacation every now and again." She lifts her cup and gives Sekhmet's a little clink with it, whether she consents to the gesture or not. "So eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow many may die, yeah?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Rebonack wrote: Nov 27, 2022 3:23 am Oh no.

Khannie being concerned for the cowgirl and then Jace talking to her just TOTALLY distracted Khannie from her boyfriend getting glomped by a giant heap of roaches wearing a crude approximation of human skin.

Is that a violation of a health code or something?

Anyway!

No!

Definitely not!

Khannie didn't go crazy at all as a result of the meme virus. She just started acting all Mystery Dungeon-y. Nothing weird going on there.

"Not EVERY time!"
Khannie objects, managing to catch herself and prevent any eye-rolling that would typically follow such a comment. "Like when we helped Cheasadh with her new staff I only rolled my eyes at one lame joke Zebes made."

There, see?

It wasn't even directed at Jace.
"I don't have lame jokes. Only lame audiences." Zebes pipes in from his comfy spot in Jace's hood.
"Hm. I don't know Khannie. I think I saw your eyes twitch there. Sometimes I feel like you don't like when I make it clear how much you are my absolute favorite teenage heroine." Oh no hair ruffles incoming.
His absolute favorite human and not whatever-she-is-this-week. Her luck is worse than his used to be.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Cheasadh waves at Khannie before she gets distracted by the hosts, thumping her staff against the floor as she leans on it a bit. "You look... a lot bigger right now." Cheasadh remarks to Sally. "I love the decorations you've got. Could I have a hot chocolate, please?"
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

"Oh," would be Khannie's reply to the very shy comment. Given how boisterous and out-going Khannie is it is pretty difficult for her to even imagine being in that sort of head-space. "Well, tell her thanks for me? These look really good."

Anyway!

It should probably be noted, for the record, that Maridia is currently snoozing inside of Khannie's backpack. It's really only a matter of time before the smells wafting around awakens the fairy dragon and sends her into a candy devouring frenzy.

"Laaaame jokes. Oh hey did I mention I met a guy who was sorta like Death from those books? With the loud voice in your head and stuff? He was taking a ghost to... wherever ghosts go," Khannie reports as she snags three of the chocolate peppers, holding the sticks between her fingers with one hand and grabbing a fourth for immediate eating with the other. "He seemed kinda nice but that's gotta be a depressing job."

But oh no!

The ravages of hair ruffling are incoming!

Khannie shoves one of the peppers in her mouth and grips her ugly Thanksmas cap with both hands to protect her hair from being accosted. Sadly her voluminous hair is just as poofy whether she's human or zoroark, which means most of it is sticking out of the back in the form of a huge pony-tail. "Daaaaad, don't pet me in front of my frieeeends!"

That is, no doubt, a plea which won't be heeded.

One of the most important jobs of a parent is embarrassing their child in front of their child's friends.
Morty

Post by Morty »

Brinika waves enthusiastically at Khannie when she sees her, then turns back to look up at Sally.

"They're definitely Cheasadh's kind of decoration. Pink. I'll have a hot chocolate too. That's our friend Khannie over there with her dad. She couldn't come with us to Civvy's realm. I've heard of dragons that can turn into people before but I didn't think they could be tiny dragons and big people."
FireFox
Pronouns: He/She

Post by FireFox »

A redheaded human woman walks in. She's wearing a cheerfully ugly green and red holiday sweater, equally garish red and green holiday leggings, and black kitten heel boots. She's also got a backpack on, with baby bottles tucked into pockets on the outside. After she takes a quick look around--equal parts cautious and curious--she holds the door open wider for a baby stroller to roll in. Motive under some unseen, arcane force, it carries two babs bundled up against the cold.
Forum Foxperson Funder

Characters