Thanksmas 2022: I Can't Believe That Tiny Dragon Is Actually A Very Tall Cafe Proprietress Dragon And Is Running Thanks-

For free floating plots that wish to be separated from specific locales.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Re: Thanksmas 2022: I Can't Believe That Tiny Dragon Is Actually A Very Tall Cafe Proprietress Dragon And Is Running Tha

Post by Ironsmith »

tnk-ish!

Bits of porcelain go flying as Libidine squeezes her cup entirely too tightly, cold coffee staining the table and the back of her hand. She's staring at Sekhmet with a cold fury in her eyes, biting her lip and clearly on the verge of, at a minimum, cursing Sekhmet out right there in the middle of the cafe. Her shoulders shake with rage as she pressed her hands against the table and slowly draws herself up, standing at her much less-than-impressive height and continuing to stare up at Sekhmet.

"...No." She says finally, letting out a ragged, shaky breath.

She then turns to leave, pulling her coat tighter around her. "...You're wrong, by the way." She says, still audibly shaking. "For some of us... it really is better to be alone on Thanksmas."

And with that, she leaves.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
FireFox
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/She

Re: Thanksmas 2022: I Can't Believe That Tiny Dragon Is Actually A Very Tall Cafe Proprietress Dragon And Is Running Tha

Post by FireFox »

Mee wrote: Dec 06, 2022 6:31 am"Ooooohhhhhh!" Sally blinks a few times, before lightly and gently -- after double checking it's okay -- lowering one hand to go let one of them, Sally has already forgotten, touch her finger. Or maybe just boop them gently if they're too young for that.
". . . I have already forgotten who is who but they're very cute!"
The friendlier of the two, which Tovia is only pretty sure is Purriel, grabs onto Sally's finger with a lil giggle.

"Thank you! They're very excited for Thanksmas. Or I'm very excited for Thanksmas and they're just along for the ride." Tovia laughs happily. "But how have you been, Sally?"
Forum Foxperson Funder

Characters

Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

Mee wrote: Dec 11, 2022 2:36 am And at the other side of the door, using the food-prep zone as Sally had kind of expected, is Ber'ri! She is a cowgirl -- in the 'girl with cow features' sort of sense, not yee-haw -- and has a fairly messy head of mint green hair, darkening to darker green at the tips, around her shoulders. Her eyes are wide and looking at the unexpectedly opening door to accompany the 'eep' that slips out of her. She clearly wasn't expecting company.
She's also just super hemkin' cute. A bit on the short side, wearing an oversized dark purple hoodie that obfuscates a lot, and with the sleeves pulled back above her hands -- and gloves on those hands! -- while she's making . . . some kind of small flat bread pizza. It has no cheese on it though.
But the sleeves are just as oversized, and would definitely cover most if not all of her hands.
Her tail -- again, cutely cow-themed -- swishes lightly behind her and she makes a little 'aaaa' as her cheeks redden a bit.
"H-h-h--h-h-hi" she stammers after a few moments of doing her best to get the words out! "Hi hello. Um. Um. W-welcome!"
Talah makes sure to give Sally a smile and a "Thanks" before she heads on back.
She goes through the door, keeping in mind that she'll have to turn left, but is pleasantly surprised that Ber'ri was already just right there.

In contrast to Ber'ri's green hair....Talah is a redhead. So that's an interesting parallel. Very Thanksmassy.

"Oh," Talah says. "Um, hi." She takes a moment to think about how she could be ingratiating without appearing ingratiating...Definitely don't want to come off too strong or annoying.
She gives a warm smile.

"Um, so." Talah gestures with her thumb behind herself. "The dragon-gal thought I looked lonely -" She pauses, then adds, "I mean, she was right, but..." Instead of finishing that sentence, she just laughs. "Well, I mean, so, she just recommended I come back here to get to know someone friendly."

"So. Um, hi. I'm Talah, nice to meet you."

Feeling a little awkward for looking straight at Ber'ri so much, she looks down at the flatbread pizza thing she's working with. "That looks pretty good, what is it?" There! Success. Asked a question about something the other person is probably interested in. That's definitely some kind of success.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

Mister Vallarm!

It sounds so formal.

"Grand World-Saving Sorcerer Vallarm!"
Khannie suggests with a laugh. It's an odd thing, and one Jace should probably relish. Khannie isn't quite as rebellious teen as many girls her age. She doesn't look at her father with some level of eye-rolling disdain. He's still a hero that she looks up to intensely. Even if she wishes he wouldn't GO OUT OF HIS WAY TO EMBARRASS HER.

"Has my dad ever told you about the sorta stuff he did before coming to the Nexus?" Khannie asks her friends, slyly moving the conversation to something OTHER than her vengeance on Cheasadh so she can plot it relative peace.

But then!

"Oh beans there's Arthfael," she suddenly notices.

After which her eyes narrow.

"And that dumb garbage witch," she adds with more than a little actual disdain. Not because she's touching Arthfael (she isn't jealous!) but because Khannie is still pretty sure the witch counts as a super villain and getting friendly with her seems like a bad plan. "I'll be right back, okay? There's something I gotta do."

And then she's off!

"Hey, you made it!" she calls out as she jogs over to her friend, skillfully weaving between party-goes. "And the roach motel followed you in."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

"...nd I thought things with my sister were weird." Arthfael grimaces. "But you made up with her?"

"We're down from the point of trying to kill each other on sight and kind of hovering around casual roasting," Tahara replies with a shrug. "And the scheming behind each other's backs. You know, more regular sibling stuff."

"...I mean, even that isn't-"

"Oh hey look it's your girlfriend." Tahara gives Khannie a little wave as she approaches. "Hey, Vallarm! Good to see ya again. How's life be-" The trash witch stops and looks down at her wrist, as though there was somehow a watch somewhere in that writhing mass of insect life. "Oh, geez, is that the time already? I'm late for a little get-together with Jubi." She gives Arthfael a little peck on the cheek and starts for the door, a number of roaches falling off of her with each step. "Tell Siana I said 'hi!'"

And with that, the trash witch has left the building. Likely with a serious pest problem.

Arthfael grimaces and rubs at his cheek, scratching at it as though trying to physically remove the skin that touched Tahara's mouth. "That... was not my idea." He says defensively.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Sekhmet watches Libidine leave, then slowly sits back down, still tense. She's not sure if that was "no, I disagree" or "no, that's not worth living." Some time passes in silence.
Mary puts a hand on her adoptive mother's shoulder. "Mum, are you all right? You've been staring at that broken cup for the last five minutes." Sekhmet snaps out of it. "Sorry, Mary. I was just thinking. Was there something different I could have said, that would have convinced her? Did I just make her an even more bitter enemy?" "You can't change it now. It doesn't matter." "You're right, of course." Sekhmet smiles faintly. "I've got a present for you. Where did I put it?" ...
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Magtok
Pointy Eared Baby Devourer

Post by Magtok »

Morty wrote: Dec 08, 2022 8:04 pmMagtok will find himself nearing a young wolf, which is no longer a cub but hasn't quite grown into her full size. She looks at him with bright blue eyes, sniffing the air gently and inclining her head towards him.
Oh shit, it spotted him, he's lost the element of surprise. Magtok recoils back, before looking around and straightening his red yuletide robe, trying to act like he didn't just shrink away in fright because a wolf looked in his direction. Okay, calm down. Deep breaths, Magtok. Remember, canines can smell fear...I think. So we have to be extra careful not to be afraid of the wolf, because if we're afraid then it will know. We can't allow it to know, because then instinct will drive it to treat us as prey, and we'll get mauled to death for sure, so we shouldn't even be thinking about that, because if you think about getting mauled by a wolf that just makes you much more likely to get mauled by a wolf. It's an extremely vicious cycle, so don't-
Mee wrote: Dec 11, 2022 2:36 am "Oh hello-" Sally starts to say with extreme familiarity, but then blinks. "Oh I'm sorry I think I mistook you. Welcome! Happy Thanksmas! Can I get you anything to eat? Drink? Something warm to help combat the chilly day today's been?"
"Hi, I'll just have a hot cocoa, thank you," he answers, a polite smile briefly masking his inner terror as he nods to the nice dragon lady behind the counter, before all semblance of yuletide cheer drains right out of his eyes as he refocuses on the wolf. Remember, you don't want to make eye contact with it either, because canines think eye contact is a challenge. Just slooooowly hold out your hand (no, not that one, the organic one! Animals don't trust robots!) for the wolf to sniff, so it knows you're not hostile, and then carefully pat it twice between the ears. Easy, right? Simple. We can't possibly find a way to screw this up.
"You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
-Daniel H. Wilson
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

"Bye, Khannie! Have fun with your boyfriend!" Cheasadh grins and waves as Khannie moves off towards Arthfael and Tahara. She's a little curious about the roach-lady, but she appears to have just left. So she can't introduce herself or find out more.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Morty

Post by Morty »

"He might have told Cheasadh, but not me. And I wouldn't mind hearing-" Brinika's head snaps towards Cheasadh, her ears drawing back and her eyes doing that long, cat-like blink. "Boyfriend? Khannie and Arthfael are dating?"
Magtok wrote: Dec 13, 2022 7:52 am Oh shit, it spotted him, he's lost the element of surprise. Magtok recoils back, before looking around and straightening his red yuletide robe, trying to act like he didn't just shrink away in fright because a wolf looked in his direction. Okay, calm down. Deep breaths, Magtok. Remember, canines can smell fear...I think. So we have to be extra careful not to be afraid of the wolf, because if we're afraid then it will know. We can't allow it to know, because then instinct will drive it to treat us as prey, and we'll get mauled to death for sure, so we shouldn't even be thinking about that, because if you think about getting mauled by a wolf that just makes you much more likely to get mauled by a wolf. It's an extremely vicious cycle, so don't-

"Hi, I'll just have a hot cocoa, thank you," he answers, a polite smile briefly masking his inner terror as he nods to the nice dragon lady behind the counter, before all semblance of yuletide cheer drains right out of his eyes as he refocuses on the wolf. Remember, you don't want to make eye contact with it either, because canines think eye contact is a challenge. Just slooooowly hold out your hand (no, not that one, the organic one! Animals don't trust robots!) for the wolf to sniff, so it knows you're not hostile, and then carefully pat it twice between the ears. Easy, right? Simple. We can't possibly find a way to screw this up.
The wolf sniffs at Magtok's hand, then pokes it with her nose and tries to nuzzle into it, clearly expecting more thorough headpats than the cyborg is currently willing to give.
Morty

Post by Morty »

Sekhmet and Mary will see Sophie approach. GLoG's resident therapist looks as unassuming as ever, but there's a tinge of concern in her voice. Did she hear their argument with Libidine?

"Sekhmet, Mary. Who was that you just talked to? It didn't look like a pleasant meeting."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

"Hi Sophie! Have a seat." Sekhmet welcomes her friend to the table. "She's an archdevil I've had some, uh, disagreements with in the past." And in the present too, clearly. "She was alternating between trying to get me to pity her, and trying to justify her atrocities."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

"Well, I think he fancies her. You remember how he was when they came to visit? And then she complains about the girl who was with him before, although they were chatting. If they aren't yet, I think they probably will." It was tricky to tell, since they'd not really met Arthfael before, but... they'd not met him, and yet he was willing to go to their house with Khannie because she asked.

Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Rebonack wrote: Dec 08, 2022 10:18 pm "Cow milk is good thank you Miss Sally you do a really nice job and the decorations are so nice I love them!" Lapis replies with her typical breathless love for literally everything. She'll take the hot chocolate before heading back over to the table to join the conversation with Anika and Lucy, catching only Lucy's question along with zero percent of the context.

"A sabre is a sort of sword!" Lapis helpfully supplies.

She's correct.

That IS a sort of sword.

But it isn't what Anika is talking about.

And honestly, if we're being fair here, Lapis IS the age of Lucy's younger siblings. She isn't that old in spite of being created with built-in knowledge to get her going.
Shadowcaller wrote: Dec 09, 2022 4:27 pm "Cow milk?-" It looks like Anika is about to make a face and stick out her tongue in disgust but seems to stop herself at the last second considering the presence of Sally.
"-I prefer cat milk." She finishes, looking like she was just clearing her throat.
The druid then looks to Lucy. "Since that's what sabers are, cats. But not tiny ones like you have. They're normal-sized as in, uh, big." Anika nods. "In fact, let me show you what they look like."

In a instant she's enveloped in a quickly disappearing green cloud and out comes a teal furred saber-toothed cat the size of a horse. It grins widely at Lucy.
Lucy is sippin', glancing between Lapis and Anika, when Anika decides to steal the whole show by shapeshifting. Lucy's eyes get big. Perhaps concerningly so. "Kitty!" she loudly declares, pointing. She seems to show no fear for the larger predatory animal whatsoever. "You really can change! That's amazing, Anika!"

She scurries over, trying to touch the Anika-saber's fur. Perhaps too buzz-charged with energy to stop herself, she tries to gently clamber up Anika's fluffy side and onto her back. She is, at any rate, very late. "Come on, Lapis!" Lucy says, waving her hand. "Hop aboard! We oughta go decorate the tree!"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

"I believe they are, yes." Jace says with a sage nod. Then he winks and grins at the girls conspiratorially.
"I think they might have even held hands already."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

"Yeah I figured; she's a creep," Khannie observes as the trash witch departs, feeling vaguely nauseous when she spies some of the roaches skittering around on her. "Also dangerous. She was smacking people around the first time I bumped into her. Also I'm pretty sure she tried to eat me."

Strictly speaking Arthfael also tried to eat her.

Something they have in common!

"Just saying. Y'know. So you don't think I'm being a jealous dweeb or whatever," Khannie quickly amends. "Anyway c'mon!"

She reaches out to take Arthfael by the hand and lead him toward her father and friends, looking back at him to offer a wide smile. "Dad's going to tell some stories about the old days before he came to the Nexus! It'll be cool!"

Khannie definitely isn't going to maneuver the vampire under some strategically located mistletoe.

MEANWHILE!

"Ooh that's a good idea!" Lapis agrees as she will likewise scramble atop Anika with her coco clutched in one hand. As soon as she's situated she begins pulling garlands and ribbons and baubles all fashioned from breathtaking silver glass from her pack. "My big sister Karaglen makes Thanksmas ornaments and she gave me lots just in case a Thanksmas tree decoration emergency happens here hold these lets go!"

And now a saber with a pair of little girls riding it with glistening streamers trailing behind them are going to be careening around the cafe.

What a wonderful world.
Morty

Post by Morty »

bc56 wrote: Dec 14, 2022 4:19 am "Hi Sophie! Have a seat." Sekhmet welcomes her friend to the table. "She's an archdevil I've had some, uh, disagreements with in the past." And in the present too, clearly. "She was alternating between trying to get me to pity her, and trying to justify her atrocities."
"Ah, yes. I don't think you've mentioned her specifically, but... your problems in general," Sophie says as she sits down. "I'd offer to help, but we've talked about this. If a mortal is helping you, it doesn't look good and if I reveal myself... I actually don't know what would happen. I am familiar with this kind of behavior, though, I think."
Earl of Purple wrote: Dec 14, 2022 2:50 pm "Well, I think he fancies her. You remember how he was when they came to visit? And then she complains about the girl who was with him before, although they were chatting. If they aren't yet, I think they probably will." It was tricky to tell, since they'd not really met Arthfael before, but... they'd not met him, and yet he was willing to go to their house with Khannie because she asked.
Keeper wrote: Dec 14, 2022 6:30 pm "I believe they are, yes." Jace says with a sage nod. Then he winks and grins at the girls conspiratorially.
"I think they might have even held hands already."
Brinika gasps as if she really heard something salacious and inappropriate.

"Held hands? Wow. This is serious," she quips. "I had no idea, though. He didn't seem her type. But then..."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Murkus wrote: Dec 14, 2022 6:24 pm Lucy is sippin', glancing between Lapis and Anika, when Anika decides to steal the whole show by shapeshifting. Lucy's eyes get big. Perhaps concerningly so. "Kitty!" she loudly declares, pointing. She seems to show no fear for the larger predatory animal whatsoever. "You really can change! That's amazing, Anika!"

She scurries over, trying to touch the Anika-saber's fur. Perhaps too buzz-charged with energy to stop herself, she tries to gently clamber up Anika's fluffy side and onto her back. She is, at any rate, very late. "Come on, Lapis!" Lucy says, waving her hand. "Hop aboard! We oughta go decorate the tree!"
Rebonack wrote: Dec 14, 2022 6:56 pm "Ooh that's a good idea!" Lapis agrees as she will likewise scramble atop Anika with her coco clutched in one hand. As soon as she's situated she begins pulling garlands and ribbons and baubles all fashioned from breathtaking silver glass from her pack. "My big sister Karaglen makes Thanksmas ornaments and she gave me lots just in case a Thanksmas tree decoration emergency happens here hold these lets go!"

And now a saber with a pair of little girls riding it with glistening streamers trailing behind them are going to be careening around the cafe.

What a wonderful world.
What kind of druid couldn't change? Really lame ones, that's who.

She seems quite pleased that Lucy takes the initiative to climb up on her back. Since why else would she turn into a big fluffy ride-able animal? Would be a wasted opportunity for sure.
So once the two girls are situated on her back she takes off towards the thankmas tree. There was decoration to be done!
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

[Frescot Escapades]

Just as Anika starts to take off towards the Thanksmas tree, a strange thing happens. A flurry of beetles scuttle out from between the floorboards, gossamer wings springing to life. The air fills with buzzing hums and brown-black flecks swirl through the air, scraps of tinsel and paper caught in the rising vortex - then suddenly, a woman appears amidst them, tall and narrow and swathed in green.

"Lucy Juniper Frescot!" The tawny-skinned woman's voice rings sharp and castigating as she affixes the saber and the girl atop it with a withering glare. A faint purple energy seems to be fading from the veins of her eyes, and she snaps a thick grimoire shut as dead beetles fall to the ground in a patter. "You were not supposed to leave the house without us, young lady."
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Rebonack wrote: Dec 14, 2022 6:56 pm "Yeah I figured; she's a creep," Khannie observes as the trash witch departs, feeling vaguely nauseous when she spies some of the roaches skittering around on her. "Also dangerous. She was smacking people around the first time I bumped into her. Also I'm pretty sure she tried to eat me."

Strictly speaking Arthfael also tried to eat her.

Something they have in common!

"Just saying. Y'know. So you don't think I'm being a jealous dweeb or whatever," Khannie quickly amends. "Anyway c'mon!"

She reaches out to take Arthfael by the hand and lead him toward her father and friends, looking back at him to offer a wide smile. "Dad's going to tell some stories about the old days before he came to the Nexus! It'll be cool!"

Khannie definitely isn't going to maneuver the vampire under some strategically located mistletoe.
"Come on. No need to be mean." Arthfael mumbles halfheartedly, regretting the words almost the instant they were out of his mouth. "...I mean... she hasn't been all bad...kind of nice, even, actually..."

Arthfael gets the eerie premonition that this probably isn't a topic he wants to pursue. Defending another girl (who kissed him on her way out) from his girlfriend sounds like exactly how he'd get to see Khannie when she is jealous. He braces himself for an outraged "you're taking her side?!" from Khannie, but if that doesn't come, he'll quietly count his lucky stars and follow after her to where Jace is telling stories.

Or, at least, that's where he thinks they're going.

...Awful lot of mistletoe up there. Seems like a bit of a health hazard. If a stiff breeze came along and knocked those berries into someone's drink...

Yeesh.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

"Hi, Arthfael! Good to see you again." Cheasadh grins and waves as the two come over, trying not to reveal that they'd been talking about them. Although given Khannie at least has fox ears, she may have caught something anyway.

Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

FireFox wrote: Dec 13, 2022 1:37 am The friendlier of the two, which Tovia is only pretty sure is Purriel, grabs onto Sally's finger with a lil giggle.

"Thank you! They're very excited for Thanksmas. Or I'm very excited for Thanksmas and they're just along for the ride." Tovia laughs happily. "But how have you been, Sally?"
And Sally giggles back, wiggling her finger back and forth just a touch, smiling happily down at the two.
"I can tell! A legendary grip, they've got! Couple of legends already. But I'm doing well! Thank you! Just serving a lot of cocoa. And how about yourself?"
Thursday Violist wrote: Dec 13, 2022 3:01 am Talah makes sure to give Sally a smile and a "Thanks" before she heads on back.
She goes through the door, keeping in mind that she'll have to turn left, but is pleasantly surprised that Ber'ri was already just right there.

In contrast to Ber'ri's green hair....Talah is a redhead. So that's an interesting parallel. Very Thanksmassy.

"Oh," Talah says. "Um, hi." She takes a moment to think about how she could be ingratiating without appearing ingratiating...Definitely don't want to come off too strong or annoying.
She gives a warm smile.

"Um, so." Talah gestures with her thumb behind herself. "The dragon-gal thought I looked lonely -" She pauses, then adds, "I mean, she was right, but..." Instead of finishing that sentence, she just laughs. "Well, I mean, so, she just recommended I come back here to get to know someone friendly."

"So. Um, hi. I'm Talah, nice to meet you."

Feeling a little awkward for looking straight at Ber'ri so much, she looks down at the flatbread pizza thing she's working with. "That looks pretty good, what is it?" There! Success. Asked a question about something the other person is probably interested in. That's definitely some kind of success.
Ber'ri just slips her food-safe gloves off, before just burying her lightly freckled face into her hands. "Oh my gosh I'm so so sorry." She replies, muffled through fingies. "I- She- I- . . ." Another sigh. "I don't have a ton of friends either. And- wanted- . . . just- . . . hide back here." She talks a bit slowly, almost like it's a bit difficult to say words. "Iiiii . . . it's hard to meet new people. You know? So um. Um. W-welcome.

Oh, this?"
Ber'ri asks, looking down at the food she's making. Seems to have a lot of just veggies, and peppers, and a good deal of various spicy bits on it. "Just. Um. A bit hungry. Makin' some foods. Do- . . . do you want to make one too? The oven's hot. They're really good! And- and- w-would you like some tea?" It looks like something in there is starting to get through Ber'ri's very very shy shell!
Magtok wrote: Dec 13, 2022 7:52 am "Hi, I'll just have a hot cocoa, thank you," he answers, a polite smile briefly masking his inner terror as he nods to the nice dragon lady behind the counter, before all semblance of yuletide cheer drains right out of his eyes as he refocuses on the wolf. Remember, you don't want to make eye contact with it either, because canines think eye contact is a challenge. Just slooooowly hold out your hand (no, not that one, the organic one! Animals don't trust robots!) for the wolf to sniff, so it knows you're not hostile, and then carefully pat it twice between the ears. Easy, right? Simple. We can't possibly find a way to screw this up.
"Hemk yeah you got it." Sally grins back, somehow already knowing the type of milk magtok would want?! What?! Do they know each other?!
Sally lets out a gasp though, "Doggy doggy doggy doggy"
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Sekhmet nods. She's in an awkward position with regards to her advisors. But that's not really the topic at hand. "It's sad really. She has absolutely no one who cares about her. Not genuinely, anyway. She came to me, her avowed enemy, because she has nowhere else to go on Thanksmas. And I pushed her away because there's only so much of her I can take."
Morty

Post by Morty »

Sophie nods. A situation she's familiar with and one Sekhmet has addressed as best as one can. For now, at least.

"You certainly don't have any obligation to spoil your own Thanksmas celebration for her sake. I've met people like her, I think. I'd need to talk to her to be certain. She's not going to cause any real problems, I hope."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Jace gives Arthfael a wave as well as the kids return.
"Hello again, Arthfael. How's the family? Have you been staying out of trouble?" he asks with a smile.
He's a friend of Khannie's. Of course he isn't.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Khannie is leading Arthfael back toward the group, leading him by the hand. She is, in fact, holding his hand right now.

"She tried to murder me you doof. Some of the worst sorts of villains are the ones that'll feign being nice until they get a shot at doing something really bad," Khannie replies, her tone sounding more concerned (for Khannie) than jealous.

And oh hey everybody is staring at them.

"So, uh, we're officially girlfriend and boyfriend. But I guess you heard the witch yelling about that already," Khannie announces somewhat lamely, her thunder already stolen.
Last edited by Rebonack on Dec 17, 2022 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Sekhmet looks a little uncomfortable at the suggestion that Libidine is probably harmless. "Last time I met her, she threatened to conquer my kingdom and enslave my people, and demonstrated her seriousness by eating someone in front of me." And almost as bad... "And I'm pretty sure she's interested in me in a, uh, succubus sort of way. A lot of demons see me as, uh, a sort of prize because I don't engage in, uh, that sort of thing." Sekhmet doesn't want to talk about it in more detail with Mary there.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Arthfael gives a little nod at that. He can't argue with Khannie's logic; he'd experienced that very thing himself with his old enchanting teacher. In fact, she called him out as a jerk supreme well before Arthfael ever knew she was right. Maybe he should be taking her opinion on the subject a little more seriously.

And really, trying to murder his girlfriend is pretty indefensible.

But, that's a worry for another time. For now, he'll just confirm the announcement with another nod and...

...Is that a smile?

Since when does Arthfael smile?

Khannie must have taught him that one.

Then he realizes he still hasn't answered Jace. He probably ought to do that.

"Oh. Um... they're fine." He says, in what is either a white lie or a gross understatement. "Fine" does not quite describe what they've collectively been through lately. Except maybe his older sister; she's been pretty static lately. "And... yeah, I've been staying out of trouble. Lately." That last word being an important inclusion, as not so long ago he and Khannie were fighting a nightmare creature of his own creation. It's not like he's done anything that stupid since then, though! Honest!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Morty

Post by Morty »

bc56 wrote: Dec 17, 2022 5:33 am Sekhmet looks a little uncomfortable at the suggestion that Libidine is probably harmless. "Last time I met her, she threatened to conquer my kingdom and enslave my people, and demonstrated her seriousness by eating someone in front of me." And almost as bad... "And I'm pretty sure she's interested in me in a, uh, succubus sort of way. A lot of demons see me as, uh, a sort of prize because I don't engage in, uh, that sort of thing." Sekhmet doesn't want to talk about it in more detail with Mary there.
Yes, that was a bit of a misread of the situation on Sophie's part. Maybe the Thanksmas atmosphere made her too relaxed.

"Then it's serious. And not unexpected. A young ruler who tries to do something different is a tempting target. As is someone monogamous to a seductress. Perhaps I should talk to her. I can pass myself off as just a nosy therapist, without revealing that I'm trying to help you."

Brinika takes a sip of her cocoa and gives the young couple one of her trademark toothy grins. It's a bit less toothy now, though. She's growing out of that phase in a little goblin's life where their teeth seem oversized compared to their bodies. Even more so than usual for goblins, that is.

"Congrats, you two. You're a good fit for each other."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

"Awesome! You gone on a date yet, or is this your first one? I'm not sure this counts because I don't think you're supposed to bring your friends and parents along to watch when you're on a date." Although Cheasadh doesn't have any personal experience in the matter, and also they're here anyway and weren't brought along. Except Jace; he's here because Khannie dragged him here, so that at least counts.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

"That's good." Jace says with a nod and a polite smile. Though he does squint a little at Arthfael.
"You are looking a touch...fuzzier than I recall. Still, I trust the trouble you had not-so-lately has been resolved. Khannie is good at resolving those things." Most of the time. Maybe.