Thanksmas 2022: I Can't Believe That Tiny Dragon Is Actually A Very Tall Cafe Proprietress Dragon And Is Running Thanks-

For free floating plots that wish to be separated from specific locales.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Re: Thanksmas 2022: I Can't Believe That Tiny Dragon Is Actually A Very Tall Cafe Proprietress Dragon And Is Running Tha

Post by Keeper »

Vallarm Family Christmas

Jace chuckles.
"It's no big deal, really."
Ah, teenagers. Convinced that any sign of weakness or oddity is going to get you lambasted forever. Then again teenagers do tend to lambast so it might be their own faults.
"Well, don't wait for me. You can open them." he adds to Khannie.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Re: Thanksmas 2022: I Can't Believe That Tiny Dragon Is Actually A Very Tall Cafe Proprietress Dragon And Is Running Tha

Post by Rebonack »

[Vallarm Family (and friends!) Thanksmas]

"Oh, uh-"

Oh no!

Khannie has been given ANOTHER gift! She takes the envelope from Arthfael and holds it awkwardly, now standing there with TWO gifts! And she hasn't given hers to anyone yet! "Hang on lemme grab my gifts for everyone else. I guess we may as well do that now, right?"

That said?

Khannie shrugs her backpack off (which results in a surprised chirp from Maridia as the thump against the table wakes her up) and begins digging through it. Jace gets a small book-sized package! Zebes gets something that is suspiciously model-kit sized! Then a pair of modest sized boxes are handed off to Cheasadh and Brinika! And finally Arthfael gets a package that's a flat rectangular object of some kind.

"Okay there we go I think that's everything?" she says before glancing over at her father. "And don't think you're gettin' out of telling those stories."

"What about me?" the sleepy looking Maridia inquires.

Khannie swipes a cookie off a nearby tray and offers it to the fairy dragon, who seems quite happy to get this wonderful gift.

Then?

Khannie will open the box from the weird cat first because... Sure? Why not.

And inside she finds-!

Pokeballs.

One of which indicates that a pokemon is inside it. This gets a VERY deep scowl out of Khannie. Where the heck did that stupid cat go? It's going to get a glare to end all glares.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Brignole Family Thanksmas
Group hug!
Mary releases first. "I'd like to go over and give Khannie her Thanksmas present now." Sekhmet nods. Mary should spend some time with her friends. She turns to Prumathe. "Do you like it? I even got the fancy wall lightning and everything." She means electricity. Right?
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

FireFox wrote: Dec 19, 2022 10:08 am Tovia shrugs, a casual and relaxed motion, while she watches Sally play with the twins. "For the most part I've been staying at home, watching the kids. Finding some time here and there for my magical studies. Summoning an angel, baking new spells into cookies, turning my cat's fur different colors..."
Sally keeps going hip, hop, hoop, haaaa, oh ho ho! and hup! poking fingers at each of the twins, seeing how they'll react to the fencing-like-moves on display as she pokes gently the giggling twins.
"You- that . . . That's quite the li-WAIT WERE YOU THE ONE THAT SUMMONED CASS? The angel Cass?"
Thursday Violist wrote: Dec 19, 2022 6:16 pm Talah nods: "I know!" she says. "Especially when, like, half of them out there are, like, dragons or giant women or professional heroes or famous stars or something!"
It gets kinda hard to get to know someone when they're that intimidating.

She looks at the vegetables. And peppers. Peppers are really cool, she thinks. Yeah, definitely making one seems like it'd be fun, Talah thinks.
"Yeah, I'll make one," she says, before quickly adding, "Thanks, but no tea, though, I got some hot chocolate."
She pauses, and adds, "Just...I'm going to..." Talah rubs her hands together, as she looks around the room, "wash my hands first?"

After her hands are washed, she comes back over to try making one.
Ber'ri nods several times. Finally, someone speaking reason! "For real oh my gosh!" She runs a hand through her hair, sighing slightly. "They're all nice, so far at least, but like . . . it's daunting right?"

"Yes yes yes! Right around the corner is a sink, feel free, get washed up, I'll get you some gloves too! What sort of base you want to work from? We have the usual sort of flour shell, or a few other allergen-free flavors? And what type of sauce . . ." The shy cowgirl's stammerings fall off, as she seems to find someone she really relates with, and is actually getting to do something with her hands
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Frescot Escapades]

As the saber is brought around the tree for a final pass, Lucy leans up on the saber's back and points at Calanthe. She would look like a very dashing little girl if she didn't look so silly first.

"I don't know what amicable means, but I don't like it!" Cries the little girl. Inwardly, some part of Lucy figures that she's already in trouble - what is it going to hurt? Another part feels guilty. Another just wants to run, and really doesn't want to get down off the soft, fast giant kitty. "I won't let you ruin Thanksmas evil witch lady! We shall-- uh-- escape!" She leans down to whisper to Anika. "Quick let's get outside!" She wants to feel the wind in her flowers before this is all over. She looks at Lapis. "One quick loop around and we'll come right back!"
Morty
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

Earl of Purple wrote: Dec 21, 2022 4:19 pm It is creepy! Unfortunately, what else can you get the demon queen of hell? One with a treasury filled with wealth and a vast number of demonic minions to do most minor tasks. The thought counts, right? And the fact if she has someone watching it all the time she'll know what he's up to, which... Prumathe really should have considered. Still, Sekhmet can hang it up in a room of her palace and forget about it, which is fine.

When shown the blueprints, Prumathe smiles and will try to hug Sekhmet and Mary. "Thank you for having us whilst we were there, and if there's anything I can do to support you in turn, let me know. I'd be honoured to assist how I can." If that's a financial donation, that's dandy and doable. If that's building a heavy-duty golem to help rescue people following some kind of disaster, he'll do that too. If it's using their home as a safe house for escaped slaves as part of a large-scale operation in Skyside, he'd have to talk to Sekhmet and Mary first.
bc56 wrote: Dec 21, 2022 10:09 pm Group hug!
Mary releases first. "I'd like to go over and give Khannie her Thanksmas present now." Sekhmet nods. Mary should spend some time with her friends. She turns to Prumathe. "Do you like it? I even got the fancy wall lightning and everything." She means electricity. Right?
Sophie nods to Prumathe.

"And we'll be happy to accept any help you can give. One good deed prompts another." She looks between the family. "I shouldn't keep you. Happy Thanksmas."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

Mee wrote: Dec 22, 2022 3:39 am Ber'ri nods several times. Finally, someone speaking reason! "For real oh my gosh!" She runs a hand through her hair, sighing slightly. "They're all nice, so far at least, but like . . . it's daunting right?"

"Yes yes yes! Right around the corner is a sink, feel free, get washed up, I'll get you some gloves too! What sort of base you want to work from? We have the usual sort of flour shell, or a few other allergen-free flavors? And what type of sauce . . ." The shy cowgirl's stammerings fall off, as she seems to find someone she really relates with, and is actually getting to do something with her hands

Talah nods: she totally agrees.

Anyway, she goes off to wash her hands. "Just flour's fine, I don't have any allergies," Talah says. She also decides on sauce, and other things, and vegetables, and other things, and occasionally asks for recommendations from Ber'ri.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Murkus wrote: Dec 22, 2022 11:46 pm [Frescot Escapades]

As the saber is brought around the tree for a final pass, Lucy leans up on the saber's back and points at Calanthe. She would look like a very dashing little girl if she didn't look so silly first.

"I don't know what amicable means, but I don't like it!" Cries the little girl. Inwardly, some part of Lucy figures that she's already in trouble - what is it going to hurt? Another part feels guilty. Another just wants to run, and really doesn't want to get down off the soft, fast giant kitty. "I won't let you ruin Thanksmas evil witch lady! We shall-- uh-- escape!" She leans down to whisper to Anika. "Quick let's get outside!" She wants to feel the wind in her flowers before this is all over. She looks at Lapis. "One quick loop around and we'll come right back!"
[Frescot Escapades]

The saber raises its- eyebrows? Does sabers usually have extremely long eyebrows? Well, this one has and it sure is raising them.
What was the warlock on about? Was this some kind of game?
She would have to question Lucy about this... once they go outside.

So unless stopped off they go to the white(ish?) outdoors!
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

"Merry Thanksmas, Sophie." Prumathe ends his part of the hug and waves Sophie away, and also Mary who's going towards the Vallarms.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Frescot Escapades]

"I think it means polite and nice," Lapis offers as the trio goes racing toward the door! Which is a shame because Lapis DID have some more ornaments to put on the tree.

Maybe they could add those on once they got back?

She really isn't sure why they need to run around the cafe.

Lapis has learned that games with Lucy and the other Frescots don't always make much sense. They don't always have rules or winners and losers. They don't always have the sort of structure that the Game does. They're just for having fun!

Lucy seems like she's having fun?

But Miss Calanthe doesn't seem like she's having fun.

She seems more worried?

Does she not know that it's game? Obviously she isn't REALLY an evil witch (that Lapis is aware of). Even though the magic she uses seems kind of icky and makes Lapis a little sad. Maybe she just needs some reassurance?

"Its just a game of chasing Miss Calanthe everything is okay!"
Lapis calls out over her shoulder as they go zooming outside.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

[Frescot Escapades]

"I-" Calanthe falters briefly in her pursuit when she hears Lucy, eyes flashing with astonishment - and maybe a glimpse of hurt. "...My little beetle wouldn't say something that," she replies, a little quiet. "You are behaving very poorly today."

Once she sees Anika start to bolt for the door, though, Calanthe's ears stand on-end. "You are not going any further, young lady!" She withdraws a snail's shell from a pocket and crushes it in her palm, gritting her teeth to suppress a minor jolt of pain. Supernatural weariness tries to weave and seep into Anika's muscle - and if it doesn't slow her completely, it might still hopefully be enough for her to close the distance.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Vallarm Thanksmas]

Arthfael, also, frowns at the present Khannie received. Of all the inconsiderate- it would have been better to get her absolutely nothing! Even he could tell that, socially impaired as he apparently is. At best, it's incredibly insulting, and at worst, it's outright immoral; they trapped a small creature for the sole purpose of giving Khannie something on Thanksmas. What a jerk!

...Oh.

Khannie's... probably not going to like what's in that envelope, then.

Arthfael glances at the envelope furtively, wondering if it's too late to go ahead and ask for that back.

It... probably is, isn't it?

...Crap on a stick.
► SHOW SPOILER
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Vallarm Thanksmas (and friends)
Mary pops in with a package wrapped in red paper in her hands. "Mary Thanksmas Khannie! Got a minute?" She offers the box to her roommate.
► inside
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Vallarm Thanksmas (and friends)]

"Did they... do that on purpose?" Brinika's ears dip as she watches the cat wander off. This seems pretty on the nose. And really mean. "But if we're handing out Thanksmas gifts, then Cheasadh and I got something too!"
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Vallarm Family and Friends Thanksmas

"I hope not. But... if they didn't, why nothing for anyone else?" Which would have probably made things... different, at least. "Oh, yeah! We did, from the two of us." Cheasadh will go to get the box, which she'll hand to Brinika so they can give it to Khannie together. "We weren't expecting to see you, Arthfael and Mary." Given Mary's presence at GLoG, Cheasadh likely has some familiarity with her if not much.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Vallarm Family Thanksmas

Jace smiles as he and Zebes open their presents.
Zebes always appreciates Khannie's attempts. Even if she doesn't really know anything about the kits he actually likes because it's all Silly Cartoons to her.

Jace does, however, scowl at the box of pokeballs.
"Do you want me to take care of it?" he asks simply. He looks like he would also be giving a very strong glare at that cat. And possibly a bit more. But that's what happens when you give what could very reasonably be interpreted as a deliberately racist remark against the daughter of an unofficial archmage.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Vallarm Thanksmas (and friends)]

Of course it's all silly cartoons! What else would it be? Khannie picked up an Iron Giant model kit for her uncle because she thought that movie was pretty cool. A movie about a giant robot that likes super heroes? That's A Plus material in Khannie's book.

Oh geeze this is a huge giant pile of gifts for Khannie isn't it?

Anyway the box of pokeballs is dumped into her backpack rather unceremoniously. "Maybe. Dunno. Kinda jerkish thing to do if they did. And nah I've got a friend at school that does pokemon trainer stuff. I'll ask if she wants 'em."

Khannie doesn't know a ton about pokemon trainers. But she does know that you usually have, like, a bazillion pokemon all stored in cyberspace in addition to the six they're allowed to keep on their person. Gaudia probably won't mind one more and a couple free balls.

And just because Khannie is keeping half an eye on the weird long-necked cat to see if it gives gifts to anyone else. And what anyone else's reaction is. Because if anyone else responds by glaring at the cat that'll tell Khannie all she needs to know about it.

Oh hey there's Mary! "Cool, thanks. I didn't bring your gift to the party 'cuz it's kinda... big. It's back at our room in the dorms," Khannie reports to her room-mate. Then she pops it open, blinks twice, then busts up laughing. "Haha, Athena, seriously? I wonder if she actually licenses these things or if someone's just churning 'em out. Thanks, it's pretty cool!"

And finally, finally we get to Arthfael's gift which Khannie is opening up right now and-

Oh no she's going to hate it.

She's going to hate it forever and hate you too and-

"Wow, this is a sweet picture!" she says to Arthfael, flashing him a big grin. Her eyes briefly flick up to the sprig of mistletoe he's standing under before leaning in an planting a kiss on his cheek. "Thanks!"
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[The Abyss]

Libidine frowns and lowers her glass. "...Tell me you felt that one."

"One... one what, miss?" Asks a nervous-looking succubus standing nearby, holding a tray just large enough to carry her mistress's wine glass.

"That! Just now! I know you little idiots are illiterate, but surely you picked up the rush of joy that just flooded through!"

"...I, um... I mean, it is Thanksmas, isn't it?"

"Bah." Libidine tosses the glass aside, letting it shatter on the floor, its contents running slowly over the ice. "...I was just there. I just got my heart ripped out and thrown on the floor, not moments ago. How can they already be that happy again?"

"Miss... if I may-"

"You may not." Libidine snarls, irritated. "...You know what? Get out of here. Before I get any more sick of your face."

The succubus winces and does as she's told, walking out of the room. She's not sure who got her mistress that upset, but she's glad she's not in their shoes tonight.

-

[Vallarm Thanksmas]

It takes a moment for Arthfael to process what just happened.

Because there's no way it just did. There just isn't. Khannie did not just kiss him under the mistletoe. That's too good to be reality, isn't it?

And yet, there he is. He can still feel the imprint on his cheek, right where her lips touched him. She absolutely did kiss him just now.

...Wait a minute. She's... she planned that, didn't she? She was the one who invited him to this thing. And she's probably the reason there's mistletoe everywhere, so there are a million ways the evening could go with them under it. She didn't just kiss him; she's been wanting to for quite a while now, and putting in the effort to make it memorable.

Well, time for Arthfael to do his part, then.

thunkatunk~

Goes the blissfully catatonic strigoi.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Vallarm Thanksmas (and friends)
"I'm glad you like it!" Mary knew Khannie was into cape stuff. Then her own gift is mentioned. "Ooh, I can't wait to see! Merry Thanksmas, see you around!" And she heads back to her own family.

Sekhmet and Prumathe will suddenly feel a sensation like they're being watched. This is quickly followed by a half-drow girl about 18 years old appearing out of nowhere in front of them. She has blue-grey skin, black hair with a white streak through it, and a flowing blue dress with shell coral embellishments (hardly Thanksmas attire, but it would be fitting for some sort of sea priestess). "Merry Thanksmas, uh, Sekhmet. Merry Thanksmas, Pr..."
She looks away from Prumathe and covers her face with her hands. "No, I can't do it!" "It's okay, Sele," Sekhmet gives the newcomer a hug, "We won't hurt you. You know that." Mary returns to the group to immediately ask, "Who's that?" Apparently a friend of her mother.
Felandria
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Felandria »

A tiny sleigh appears in the cafe, being pulled by a very adorable snow weasel.

And not far behind, already in her Santa gear, is Felandria.

She will head over to the Santa area and take her place on the throne

Now she waits to give gifts to folks.
Last edited by Felandria on Dec 25, 2022 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Frescot Escapades]

Assuming that Calanthe's spell is successful, it may provide just enough time for a second person to arrive and bar the door.

That person happens to be a white stag the size of a draft horse, his formidable furry bulk blocking the exit to the snowy lot outside rather entirely. The enormous fellow brings his great long head around, blue eyes flashing, antlers splayed out like a great and menacing crown. There's something distinctly human and not at all friendly in his gaze. Lines of frozen blue color drain downward through the stag's hide from high on one shoulder, resembling the branches of an ethereal tree.

Provided Calanthe and the stag's combined efforts halt Anika, Lucy will freeze in place atop her friend. Eyes quite wide.

The jig, as it were, appears to be up.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Murkus wrote: Dec 25, 2022 12:45 pm [Frescot Escapades]

Assuming that Calanthe's spell is successful, it may provide just enough time for a second person to arrive and bar the door.

That person happens to be a white stag the size of a draft horse, his formidable furry bulk blocking the exit to the snowy lot outside rather entirely. The enormous fellow brings his great long head around, blue eyes flashing, antlers splayed out like a great and menacing crown. There's something distinctly human and not at all friendly in his gaze. Lines of frozen blue color drain downward through the stag's hide from high on one shoulder, resembling the branches of an ethereal tree.

Provided Calanthe and the stag's combined efforts halt Anika, Lucy will freeze in place atop her friend. Eyes quite wide.

The jig, as it were, appears to be up.
[Frescot Escapades]

Oh, a slow spell, huh? Yeah, Anika had dealt with those before. She slows down and prepares to shapeshift into something which could better withstand. Which is when she spots the white stag coming through the door and feels how Lucy freezes up on top of her back.

Was that... another druid? Since Anika knew a shapeshifted form when she saw one.

She stops and looks up at Lucy, her eyebrow raised once more. She'd gladly fight through all this but there was something going on here. Something Lucy wasn't telling her.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Frescot Escapades]

Oh no!

More magic!

Miss Cessie had told Lapis that she isn't supposed to use her invocations for games with Cora and Mister Adir and Missus Sakura haven't really said exactly the same things but Lapis has gotten the idea that probably she shouldn't do that with her Frescot friends as well so it's kind of strange that Miss Calanthe is using magic for the chasing game?

Does that mean it's okay for Lapis to do that kind of thing as well?

It's while thinking about that and thinking about going over and talking to Santa once they're done with the chasing game then suddenly!

A deer!

Lapis squints a little at the huge stag.

Then smiles a great big smile!

"Hello Mister Adir you made it to the party is everyone else here now too Lucy said it would be a good idea for us to run ahead since it was taking a really long time to put all the shoes on we decorated the tree and got some Thanksmas drinks and Anika's here and we were running around with Miss Calanthe!"

Getting shoes onto all those children can be a really arduous task sometimes.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

[Frescot Escapades]

Calanthe bustles up to Anika and her passengers - and it's obvious from even a glance at her expression that she has not, in fact, been viewing all this as a game. Why, she looks fairly stressed.

"Lucy! Are you going to get down from that cat, or will I have to remove you myself?" The witch looks at her sternly, arms crossed. Then, she turns to the other child. "That was not a good idea, Lapis; Lucy did not ask any of us, or even think to inform us of any of this. As far as we knew, she may have run off into the wilderness and gotten eaten by bears."
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Vallarm Thanksmas] (and friends)

Brinika, who was lifting up a gift-wrapped bag for Khannie, blinks when she sees Arthfael faint.

"...wow. I thought this only happened in movies. And cartoons."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[SANTA!]

This is kind of embarrassing.

She's definitely too old for this.

But Khannie has a need and this has been driving her crazy. She's checked the markets. And the malls. And even poked around at some potentially unsavory characters. In the end, though, she didn't get what she was after.

And maybe.

Just maybe.

The power of the Santa Bag will be able to save the day.

Khannie can hope, right?

"Uh, hey?" the fourteen year old definitely normal human girl says as she approaches the throne. "I can ask for pretty much anything, right? For a Thanksmas gift?"
Felandria
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Felandria »

Rebonack wrote: Dec 25, 2022 10:51 pm [SANTA!]

This is kind of embarrassing.

She's definitely too old for this.

But Khannie has a need and this has been driving her crazy. She's checked the markets. And the malls. And even poked around at some potentially unsavory characters. In the end, though, she didn't get what she was after.

And maybe.

Just maybe.

The power of the Santa Bag will be able to save the day.

Khannie can hope, right?

"Uh, hey?" the fourteen year old definitely normal human girl says as she approaches the throne. "I can ask for pretty much anything, right? For a Thanksmas gift?"
Santa Fel nods.

Well, certainly.

As long as it isn’t, you know, a war crime.

Tell Santa what it is you desire, my dear.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[SANTA!]

You can ask for anything so long as it isn't a war-crime.

That's a pretty broad selection of stuff.

Khannie is left pondering for a moment the things she's asked for in the past. Things for herself. Things for her friends. That one time she just said she was thankful for her family and that was good enough and got roped up in helping hand out gifts. There are lots of warm memories tied up in this celebration.

It feels kind of dumb even voicing what she wants.

And so when she asks she asks in a hushed voice. "I need something that gets rid of fox smell so my room doesn't smell like fox every morning."

It bugs Khannie, but it's gotta be driving Mary crazy. Khannie had figured out that scrubbing with baby oil and then shampooing does a good job of washing away the worst of it and covering it up, but she needs like MAGIC shampoo or something. Something that'll last all day instead of slowly fading over the course of the night or day until the fox smell starts getting bad again.

Hopefully the magic of Thanksmas will allow her to defeat her nemesis of fox stink once and for all.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Vallarm Family Thanksmas And Friends

"Me neither. Uh, we should probably help him up though. He'd get stepped on if he stayed there." Cheasadh's going to try, but there's no way she can lift Arthfael by herself.

Prumathe frowns a little at the half-drow woman; she reminds him of someone, but he can't think whom. "Happy Thanksmas to you, too. Have we met?"

bc56

Post by bc56 »

"Yes. Uh, no! Uh, sort of?" That's a very familiar way of talking. "She's met me," Sekhmet clarifies, "And she's met you, but you haven't met her." "Time, uh, works differently for me." This whole time, the newcomer still can't meet Prumathe's eyes. She seems afraid. "I'm, uh, Selekhael."