Thanksmas 2022: I Can't Believe That Tiny Dragon Is Actually A Very Tall Cafe Proprietress Dragon And Is Running Thanks-

For free floating plots that wish to be separated from specific locales.
FireFox
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/She

Re: Thanksmas 2022: I Can't Believe That Tiny Dragon Is Actually A Very Tall Cafe Proprietress Dragon And Is Running Tha

Post by FireFox »

Mee wrote: Dec 22, 2022 3:39 am Sally keeps going hip, hop, hoop, haaaa, oh ho ho! and hup! poking fingers at each of the twins, seeing how they'll react to the fencing-like-moves on display as she pokes gently the giggling twins.
"You- that . . . That's quite the li-WAIT WERE YOU THE ONE THAT SUMMONED CASS? The angel Cass?"
One of the catboys paws at Sally like he's trying to parry and riposte, but he's too slow to stop her from poking him. Skill issue. The other one, probably Purriel, conjures tiny lights for protection. But they don't really do anything and he ends up poked too.

Instead of telling her scrub sons to git gud, Tovia blushes and tries to shush Sally with her hand. "You know Cass? Look, whatever she told you, she was exaggerating. I only wanted a celestial to confirm my hypothesis about sanctifying objects by bringing them into contact with holy energy without the usual verbal blessings. She, uh, didn't know the answer, but it's not like I kidnapped her just to experiment or anything!"
Forum Foxperson Funder

Characters

Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Re: Thanksmas 2022: I Can't Believe That Tiny Dragon Is Actually A Very Tall Cafe Proprietress Dragon And Is Running Tha

Post by Murkus »

[Frescot Escapades]

"I don't think the little lady was actually afraid," Adir says back, though he's looking more pointedly at his daughter now.

Lucy just blinks at Anika. She doesn't know what to think of that idea. When Lapis actually does hug her, she starts to get upset herself. Little Lucy's eyes well up and she leans into Lapis. "I'm sorry, Lapis," she says.

She looks up at Calanthe, eyes a little wet. Then she'll scurry over and hug the rabbit. "I didn't hurt your feelings with that witchy stuff, did I?" She asks.

Adir eyes all this, and takes in Lapis' apology, with an impassive expression. Well, mostly. He isn't very good at impassive. A dry little quirk at the corner of his mouth betrays him. "...I forgive you, Lapis. It's okay. Just please check with one of us before whisking any of the kids off anywhere, next time." Even if they say otherwise. As far as Lucy's punishment goes... he'll have to think about it. It sorta seems like she's learned her lesson, but...
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Frescot Escapades]

"So are we getting better now?" Anika asks in a gentle voice, being uncharacteristically cautious. Not that about half of the gathering would realize that.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Frescot Escapades]

Lucy gets a smile from Lapis, who releases the hug so the nanny can get one, too.

Hugs are wonderful things.

You can give one away and you end up with MORE than you started with! Goodness doesn't have to follow the rules of energy conservation and Lapis is okay with that.

Lapis nods to Anika's question. She's feeling a little better and Lucy seems to be really sorry about everything. TRUTH is, after all, a very important thing to Lapis. She's hopes it would be important to her friends, too.

"I'll always remember to check Mister Adir I won't forget that rule," Lapis replies, as definitive as ever. If there's one thing that's clear about the girl, it's that she takes rules very seriously. Granted... she does look for ways to follow the rule while still getting what she wants now and again. But for the most part the spirit of the law is safe from her.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Thursday Violist wrote: Jan 03, 2023 11:46 pm Talah is perfectly fine doing all / most of the work on making the food, since it's her food anyway...and, well, it's not her first time cooking. Treats recipes as more like guidelines, though.

Talah almost asks Ber'ri if she's lactose intolerant or something, before realizing it has the potential to becoming a really awkward question..
Probably just lactose intolerant, to be honest.

"Mozzarella's not my favorite, but it's good enough," she says instead. She ends up going with that one.

and! It's fun!

During the periods of waiting, she ends up talking about things like "Mostly, I came here to this party looking for networking and other business stuff like that, but this was pretty fun."
Recipes are more like guidelines, heck yeah. Ber'ri would agree entirely.

Ber'ri would also very much say that she's definitely lactose intolerant. After a healthy pause in which she looks like a deer caught in headlights, and she clearly has to try to think of a cover for something.
Definitely lactose intolerant.

"That seems fair! I just know it's pretty common. But we do definitely have other flavors!" Types? She meant types. Oh no that social misstep is gonna haunt her dreams for weeks. She said the wrong thing and this was on the same level as saying 'love you bye' on the phone when getting off the phone with your clinic. Or 'you too' to your waiter when they hope oyu have a good meal.
This is a red level alert, everything is wrong, the world is bad, we're in a bad state that there is no recovery from.

"U-um-" OH NO AND THEN TALAH KEPT TALKING AND BER'RI MISSED SOME OF IT BECAUSE OF INTERNAL PANIC. "N-networking yeah!' She caught that at least, and will hold onto it like it were the last borgie and she was surrounded by foxes. "I- I'm afraid I don't know much about business stuff at all, but it has- um- it has been really nice talking to you! It- . . . is kinda lonely back here. Which is good it's quiet. But . . .
Thank you."
She smiles slightly, genuine and honest, if still just a bit shy. "And I can at least get you some food before you get back out there networking!"

There! That was good! She definitely and entirely covered up all of her panic in those moments! Nothing can stop her now but her own brain when lying awake at 3am tonight replaying the events of today.
FireFox wrote: Jan 05, 2023 3:05 am One of the catboys paws at Sally like he's trying to parry and riposte, but he's too slow to stop her from poking him. Skill issue. The other one, probably Purriel, conjures tiny lights for protection. But they don't really do anything and he ends up poked too.

Instead of telling her scrub sons to git gud, Tovia blushes and tries to shush Sally with her hand. "You know Cass? Look, whatever she told you, she was exaggerating. I only wanted a celestial to confirm my hypothesis about sanctifying objects by bringing them into contact with holy energy without the usual verbal blessings. She, uh, didn't know the answer, but it's not like I kidnapped her just to experiment or anything!"
"Oh my gosh you're already getting some magics? Gosh you're gonna be so good at that when you're older!" Sally oooo's again, also making note of the parrying attempts. These two are gonna be a handful.

"Yeah! I know Cass she sai-mmmffff" Sally blinks a few times but is successfully hushed. And then listens. And then blinks a few times.
"OOoohhhhhhhh is that what happened okay. Okay okay. That makes some sense I guess. Science is weird. I don't get it."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

[Frescot Escapades]

"...No, little beetle," Calanthe assures with a shake of the head - but Adir might be able to pick up a vague unsteadiness in her voice even as she looks down at the girl and pats her on the back with a smile. She looks towards Adir. "There will still have to be consequences for all this - but, for now, I think it's best we enjoy the holidays. Have Sakura and the others arrived yet?"
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Vallarm Family Thanksmas

"It's amazing, I love it Khannie. It's pretty much perfect." Cheasadh grins as she wraps the scarf around her neck, stroking it as she does. "That's from both of us; we pooled together to get it." Hopefully Khannie will like it and be able to use it.

For Brinika, Cheasadh's producing a comparatively large box, tall and narrow. Inside is a bougarabou, though one sized for Brinika and Cheasadh's stature rather than being full-sized; big enough that it'll last Brinika a lifetime and she won't grow out of it, but not so large as to be awkward for her to play.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Vallarm Family Thanksmas]

Khannie has the benefit of her fox-form being pretty much the same size and approximately the same build as her human form. It's really handy since it means clothing that fits one mostly fits the other. Shoes are kind of tricky, but she's mostly figured it out!

"Thanks! It's really cool, you two," Khannie says as she slips it on-
-and punches Arthfael in the shoulder.
"You're such a dork."

Khannie opinion on Arthfael's dorkiness probably isn't going to be changing any time soon.

But he's HER dork, as far as she's concerned.

"I'm glad you two like the scarf! I thought the designs were cool and I knew Cheasadh would like the snowflakes."

Since they're pink. Clearly.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

"Oh, wow. That's a really cool drum!" Brinika taps it a few times to test it. Her own gift for Cheasadh is a pink umbrella that can be carried on its own or mounted on her staff.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Frescot Escapades]

Adir nods his head at the lot of them. He seems to find Lapis' answer satisfying. All seems well and good. Calanthe's right that there should be some discipline... but it's Thanksmas.

"They shouldn't be far behind me," Adir says, leaning outside for a moment. "...Unfortunately I had to rush out of the house with whatever clothes I could grab quickly, so I'm stuck like this for the duration." He sighs.

Lucy toddles up to Anika. "Sorry, Anika," she says, looking up with her ears poking out of her voluminous hair and her eyes very large. Who couldn't forgive that face?

Adir doesn't fail to notice the little shake in Calanthe's voice while she's talking to Lucy. Once the little girl is a little away, Adir moves up and puts his hand on Calanthe's shoulder. "Everything alright?" He'll ask.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

Mee wrote: Jan 07, 2023 7:44 pm Recipes are more like guidelines, heck yeah. Ber'ri would agree entirely.

Ber'ri would also very much say that she's definitely lactose intolerant. After a healthy pause in which she looks like a deer caught in headlights, and she clearly has to try to think of a cover for something.
Definitely lactose intolerant.

"That seems fair! I just know it's pretty common. But we do definitely have other flavors!" Types? She meant types. Oh no that social misstep is gonna haunt her dreams for weeks. She said the wrong thing and this was on the same level as saying 'love you bye' on the phone when getting off the phone with your clinic. Or 'you too' to your waiter when they hope oyu have a good meal.
This is a red level alert, everything is wrong, the world is bad, we're in a bad state that there is no recovery from.

"U-um-" OH NO AND THEN TALAH KEPT TALKING AND BER'RI MISSED SOME OF IT BECAUSE OF INTERNAL PANIC. "N-networking yeah!' She caught that at least, and will hold onto it like it were the last borgie and she was surrounded by foxes. "I- I'm afraid I don't know much about business stuff at all, but it has- um- it has been really nice talking to you! It- . . . is kinda lonely back here. Which is good it's quiet. But . . .
Thank you."
She smiles slightly, genuine and honest, if still just a bit shy. "And I can at least get you some food before you get back out there networking!"

There! That was good! She definitely and entirely covered up all of her panic in those moments! Nothing can stop her now but her own brain when lying awake at 3am tonight replaying the events of today.
While Ber'ri is mentally panicking about a huge absolutely massive unforgivable faux pas,
Talah doesn't notice it.
Doesn't even cross her mind.
'Cheese flavors' is one of the most normal things ever, and is a much better thing to say than 'cheese types'.
Definitely not anything worth spending more than half a second thinking about, let alone panicking about it.
And all the stuff Ber'ri missed hearing about? Well, it's not the first time Talah kept her motormouth running out of nervousness without allowing the other person a chance to respond. If anything, it's all just Talah's and not Ber'ri's fault she was unable to respond to those easily-missed things.

"Yeah! It has been pretty fun talking with you," Talah replies. "Thanks, yeah, of course I'll accept some food," since nobody ever turns down an offer of food.

Before leaving this back area, she makes sure to give a friendly wave and a smile and say, "I'll definitely have to come back to this Café another day to see you again!"
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Ironsmith »

Arthfael chuckles and rubs his shoulder, wincing just a bit where she'd punched him. He's not sure if it was because she was part ghost or whatever, but dang, that stang just a bit more than it should have.

"Sorry I didn't get you anything." Arthfael further addresses the sisters. "I wasn't sure I'd be able to whip you up something you'd like." He took a risk trying that with Khannie, even.

"...Oh, geez, is that the time?" The strigoi grimaces, looking at his watch. "I've got to get going. My uncle and sister have a thing going on back at the house and I probably shouldn't miss that. So... good night, I guess? And happy Thanksmas."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Frescot Escapades]

With all the hugging out of the way (and with the situation growing rapidly less dire) Lapis bounces over to Lucy and Anika, brandishing a colorful box at the Frescot girl.

"Lucy here's your gift it's really REALLY special and it was just SO HARD to get I hope you really like it since it's really pretty and great!" Lapis declares as she bounces the box up and down for Lucy to see. The package is rather messily wrapped (as all of Lapis' gifts are, she hasn't bothered spending any skill points on gift wrapping) and is about the size of Lucy's head.

Should she open it light will flood out of the box in a rather dramatic fashion! Inside is a... ring? A big ring. Maybe a circlet? It looks to be made of glass that's glowing softly from the inside.

"It's a halo!" Lapis exclaims gleefully. "I won a game of Ascend and you can pick a cosmetic prize if you want and I picked that one so you can pretend to be an angel if you want! Also I think you can grab it if you fall out of a tree again."

Lapis saw Lucy fall out of a tree that one time and she was very worried for the well being of her friend!

"Anika you should open your gift too I think it's gift opening time now right?" Lapis insists.

Inside Anika's box is a cool glass figurine of... Anika! Looking all heroic and cool! It feels like it can move, sort of, and should Anika pull on it a bit the whole thing will tessellate and rearrange into a bear!

"I hope you like it Anika my sister Karaglen helped me make it!"
Felandria
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Felandria »

Rebonack wrote: Dec 26, 2022 5:27 pm [SANTA!]

You can ask for anything so long as it isn't a war-crime.

That's a pretty broad selection of stuff.

Khannie is left pondering for a moment the things she's asked for in the past. Things for herself. Things for her friends. That one time she just said she was thankful for her family and that was good enough and got roped up in helping hand out gifts. There are lots of warm memories tied up in this celebration.

It feels kind of dumb even voicing what she wants.

And so when she asks she asks in a hushed voice. "I need something that gets rid of fox smell so my room doesn't smell like fox every morning."

It bugs Khannie, but it's gotta be driving Mary crazy. Khannie had figured out that scrubbing with baby oil and then shampooing does a good job of washing away the worst of it and covering it up, but she needs like MAGIC shampoo or something. Something that'll last all day instead of slowly fading over the course of the night or day until the fox smell starts getting bad again.

Hopefully the magic of Thanksmas will allow her to defeat her nemesis of fox stink once and for all.
Fel reaches into the bag and pulls out a pink bottle with a picture of an adorable pink foxxo on it.

Here we go.

This is exactly what you need, spray this and it will eliminate the fox smell and replace it with a gentle, subtle flowery scent.

And it’s got Santa magic, so it won’t run out!
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Frescot Escapades]

Calanthe watches the kids and Anika a little distantly as gifts are exchanged, failing to notice Adir moving closer until his hand falls on her shoulder. She stiffens at first. "Erm, yes, I think - just... still a little disquieted, I suppose," the rabbit tries to evade.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

It's really that easy, isn't it?

Just find someone cool to help you instead of trying to do everything yourself. Khannie takes the spray bottle and looks it over. Just use this stuff and stink be gone?

Khannie is one hundred percent okay with this.

"Thanks, you're the best Santa," Khannie says, giving Fel the biggest hug a small teen girl can muster.
Felandria
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Felandria »

Rebonack wrote: Feb 04, 2023 10:07 pm It's really that easy, isn't it?

Just find someone cool to help you instead of trying to do everything yourself. Khannie takes the spray bottle and looks it over. Just use this stuff and stink be gone?

Khannie is one hundred percent okay with this.

"Thanks, you're the best Santa," Khannie says, giving Fel the biggest hug a small teen girl can muster.
Santa Fel returns the hug.

You’re very welcome, sweetie, you have a wonderful Thanksmas.

She will then wave over the next person in line.