The Black Dragon's Den

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Felandria
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Re: The Black Dragon's Den

Post by Felandria »

Felandria lifts a hand and waves it, casting Mage Hand to grab a wand from her pocket, which flies into her hand.

She then holds it to her temple and casts Lesser Restoration, which will remove the headache and a lot of the soreness.

She’ll place her other hand on Euphoria’s head, stroking her hair with her thumb.

With the bad feelings mostly gone, what’s left is a numbness and a pleasant afterglow.

She will attempt not to be too loud.

Pssst.

How was that for you?

Tags:
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Ironsmith »

Euphoria stirs fitfully in her sleep, but does not give a coherent response. But Felandria might be gratified to notice that she calms down at the impromptu head-patting and nestles back into the giantess's bosom, her breathing calming back down to something close to Fel's resting pulse.

So... presumably, they did a lot of bonding the previous night. Which should lay any concerns about performance to rest, at least for now.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

Felandria smiles contentedly as she moves her hand to rest on Euphoria’s back, deciding to let her sleep a little longer.

It had been a long while since Fel had been with someone who wasn’t also fairly giantish like her, Euph felt relatively tiny on her chest, she looked adorable snuggled between her bosom.

She might show Euphoria a trick or two she picked up over the years, but another time, perhaps.

They would need to prepare for the double double cross soon enough.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

June's shift here has ended.
Because she recently came back from 'vacation', she got a shift earlier in the day, when there are fewer big tippers. However, partially because she doesn't want to run into cultists and partially because she doesn't have anything better to do, she's still sticking around here.

June - whose appearance is slightly supernaturally enhanced to be more attractive and enchanting - went up to her room, changed into a crop top (shows off her abs!) and loose bottoms, and grabbed a book and a small bag.

She comes don and gives a smile and a wave to those here, especially the ones who gave her bigger tips not that long ago.

The book, as it happens, is a manual on a certain esoteric swordfighting style.
It's got all sorts of weird things in it, which June reads through as she sits along a wall, out of the way.

Naoko Longsword? Apparently it's a balanced style that focuses on agility, weakpoints, and headbutts. Huh, June wonders how that works as she looks through its diagrams.
And the next one...apparently lots of its moves have the purpose of temporarily paralyzing opponents.
And...
Wait. The next one involves exhausting your opponent by overwhelming, dodging, joint locks, and levitation?
June, of course, wonders how levitation is a sword move.
And, wait, this move involves telepathic rodents? And that one has fire breathing?
She checks the cover of the book to make sure she's actually reading a sword manual.
The next set of stances and moves, however, seem more normal, since they're about building up momentum and disrupting momentum. Seems more doable for someone like her.
The next chapter is just groin strikes, June notes. Lots of pontificating on "exploiting weaknesses" and infuriating and frustrating opponents. And groin strikes.
And this next one, the Cow Stroke? Just casually mentions mind melding with no explanation on how to do that.
That part frustrates June. How is someone supposed to learn this move if they don't even explain what mind melding is or what that has to do with cows.
And...it continues. More moves, like the Hungry Spirit Cut, Void Clap, Flowing Dust Strike...

Well, at the very least, June knows there's basically no chance she can master all these moves without a lot of training.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

This is not a location for children.

In spite of that Lapis will occasionally drop by to badger her father about new slight of hand tricks. She finds the tricks enthralling since they aren't magic but sure SEEM like magic. She's taken to wowing her friends by making coins disappear, though grownups usually aren't as impressed.

Except Anika.

She was REALLY impressed when Lapis made a show of pulling a coin out of her ear.

Given that the owner of the Den is her father she's mostly left alone by the staff.

When Lapis arrived today to learn new tricks she found herself quickly distracted, however l.

June soon has a little half-drow girl peering over her shoulder.

"Is that a book about swords?"
Last edited by Rebonack on Jul 01, 2023 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

June was a little too absorbed into trying to figure out Void Clap to notice Lapis sneaking up on her. Or, rather, she was trying to block out everything and everybody around her, and being too absorbed in reading is just her excuse. But the Void Clap is still pretty absorbing to think about! Like, what kind of situation would 'creating a spatial vacuum right next to your opponent by slashing space with a sword' be easier or more useful than just cutting them. Well, maybe if they have really slash-proof armor. But even then, the book makes no effort on explaining how, exactly, to create a spatial vacuum with a sword. It's pretty frustrating. It just assumes that's a given.
June is sure the explanation is somewhere in one of the other sword manuals she's got, but after everything she's seen in this book so far, she's going to have to create a whole indexing and cross-referencing system to just understand how to use most these sword moves.

So, Lapis sneaks up on June.

"Oh!" Oh. It's just the boss's kid.
"Yeah. It's a sword manual," she says, placing the book down on her knees and keeping her thumb in it in case it accidentally closes.
"My sister-" she says, before pausing. Is this even something June wants to think about right now? No, but she needs to finish this sentence anyway. "My sister ended up inheriting a whole library of them, but they're very disorganized and she never really had the chance to read any of them. So I decided to look through them, and this is the first one."

June holds up the book. "Thing is, though, it's full of moves and stances that seem really difficult or that have really really bad explanations."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Lapis narrows her eyes at the book.

"Why would you want to cut the air so hard it cuts someone if you're already close enough to just hit them with the sword that seems silly,"
she very wisely points out.

While Lapis may be able to do some esoteric sword things she only does USEFUL esoteric sword things.

At least in her opinion.

"Does the book have the Sixteen Sword Laws?" Lapis asks curiously. "Those ones are all really good sword moves and once you know learn four of them one for each of your spheres and master them too then you can start learning the Infinite Sword Arts and those are all really cool and fun since you can just sort of make things up but it costs lots of tohu since you have to imagine them but I guess maybe most people don't need any tohu to imagine things?"

It's true.

Most people don't need ANY primordial creative potential to imagine things.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

June nods.
"It does seem silly," she says. And, then she elaborates: "It doesn't even explain why or how it would be useful." She even turns the page to prove that it doesn't explain anything, it just goes on to the next move. "Only thing I can think of is if you're fighting against someone who somehow made themselves immune to swords and only swords, or directly hitting them with your sword would be dangerous to you. But...that sounds extremely specific. If you're going to face someone with such needlessly specific powers, there's probably better ways to handle it."

June flips through the remainder of the pages in the book, looking for anything that jumps out as 'Sixteen Sword Laws' or just anything grouped as a set of sixteen. "...I don't think it does? It's possible that's listed in one of the other books, since I haven't gone through any of them yet." She reaches the end of the manual and goes back to the page she was on.
She looks to the side, thinking.
Tohu. That's probably one of those weird words from one culture that sort-of matches up with another word that means something similar but has the same basic concept behind it, right? Since she thinks better aloud, June says, "Tohu, that's probably another thing similar-ish to axé, right?"

She bites her lip.

She then reiterates: "Yeah, I don't think this particular book goes into the Sixteen Sword Arts."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Lapis considers all these words carefully.

"I think sometimes people do things that look really neat because they look really neat and not because they're useful," Lapis reasons. "But I know some sword things that are useful and sometimes look neat too! The Sixteen Sword Laws are really good and useful and I think anyone can learn them they just have to know things but also I think you have to be aligned with one of the Sixteen Spheres of Be? I'm not sure how regular people get those but I got mine by finding my Path."

Lapis is busy gathering up a napkin and a steak knife from the counter.

"I can show you The Law of Sovereign Blades if you want it's my big favorite because it helps you only cut the thing you want to cut! And tohu isn't like axes I don't think it's like anything but it isn't dissimilar to anything either it's what hopes and dreams and imagination are made of."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

It's true that some people put looking cool above being effective. June agrees.

She nods.

Lapis isn't really convincing at saying 'tohu' isn't like 'axé' isn't really that convincing. Especially because it doesn't sound like Lapis really knows what axé is referring to.
So, June mentally catalogues tohu as 'maybe similar but maybe not'. Since it's not really that relevant, anyway, there's not really any point in trying to dig deeper or define the terms better.

"Yeah, I've never heard of the Sixteen Spheres of Be, either," June says. She assumes it's related to the Sixteen Sword Laws, though, given that they both have the same number in their title.

June closes the sword manual, with her thumb still inside. "Yeah, sure, I'd like to see that. The Law of Sovereign Blades sounds pretty interesting. I've done swordfighting before, so I'd like to see it."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

"That's okay Mother says that mostly only people from the Empyrean know about them but I guess other people can find out too but it's tricky they're the things that all the other things are made out of except for the things that aren't actually things those are made of something else and that's what tohu is kind of but also not it's really confusing," Lapis rambles. "So the Law of Sovereign Blades is using the Sphere of Will to along with a cutty thing to make cuts but that's normally what you do with a cutty thing but the trick is that you only cut the things that you Will to cut."

She closes her fingers around the napkin, hiding it from view.

Then she raises the knife and begins to recite.

"To know the Law of Sovereign Blades is to know this: it is the Will which divides, and the Will alone. It is the Will which separates 'self' from 'other'. It is the Will which cleaves between 'do' and 'do not'. It is the Will which cuts, and that Sovereign Blade is a continuous cutting motion."

Lapis cuts.

A single downward stroke without hesitation or doubt.

A pure motion.

The knife passes through her hand. It passes through the table. For a brief moment the whole world is visible through the trail of the blade, divided in two.

Lapis' hand is fine. As is the table. But when she unfurls her fingers the napkin is neatly cut in two.

"It's really nice if you're fighting a bad guy that's holding someone else and going HA HA YOU CAN'T SWORD ME BECAUSE YOU'LL SWORD THIS PERSON TOO!' and then you use the Law of Sovereign Blades and you get the bad guy but the person who's a hostage is fine!"
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

"Huh. Hm. Okay," June says: that's not exactly the clearest explanation of what the spheres or other things are, but okay. It's fine.

So, only cutting the things that you want to cut. So basically blade control, it sounds like, she thinks.
But then...she sees Lapis is about to cut her hand!
She panics a little - which might've been a bad idea - , and holds her breath - which definitely was a bad idea, since doing so ends what she was doing and causes an immediate sensory overload and oh no Lapis is going to cut herself - - -

But turns out, Lapis doesn't cut herself.
June is wincing in pain, though. Probably unrelated to Lapis not cutting herself.

"...Ah. I see," she says.
She opens her mouth.
Yeah, honestly, this sort of thing shouldn't have been that surprising.
"You're right, being able to not cut something would be extremely helpful in a lot of situations," she says. "One time I met this wizard's hand that tried to control people and force them into trying to cut off their own hands to replace their hand, and being able to choose what gets cut and what doesn't would have been extremely useful in that situation."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Lapis' hand is extremely uncut. Unlike the napkin.

"Yeah see! It's a really great talent it's probably my big favorite even though Lightning Spear is really neat too but I still like the Law of Sovereign Blades more because there are lots of times when you need to cut something but only a specific something and if you can master it then you can cut things that are kind of things that you wouldn't think you would be able to cut and you can use it to put debuffs and things on badguys where just one cut wouldn't be enough to stop them since there are lots of tough badguys like that,"
Lapis rambles helpfully. "But if you want to practice you shouldn't hold the thing in your hand because then you'll probably hurt your hand you should just put a different thing on top of the thing you're trying to cut or maybe put it in a little box."

All excellent advice.

"Have you got a sword already since sword laws aren't really very helpful if you haven't got one."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Honestly, it would have been really bad if Lapis's hand were cut. Letting her boss's daughter cut her hand right in front of her? Not really a good thing to happen.

June starts carefully regulating her breathing again, which...somehow creates a small zone directly around her that lowers sensory things. Mostly, to the perspective of everyone else, it just makes her footsteps lighter and her clothes don't rustle as much, and the colors are a little duller, and other minor things like that.

Lapis starts using some weird, specific terminology, though..."Debuffs, like bleeding or limping or something like that?" she asks.

She stands up. "Yeah, I've got a sword, actually. Almost forgot about it! It's up in my room." Up on the second floor, a wooden sword that Venus grew - actually, at around the same time she got all these sword manuals. June looks around the bar.
Sure, it's not busy yet. But there still are patrons around. "If I get it, I think we should move to somewhere else. Probably not a good idea to be swinging swords and knives around where there's a lot of people, even if they're not being swung at anyone in particular."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Probably not good, no.

There's obviously something pretty unusual about Lapis, if her esoteric sword tricks are any hint. She's Zee and Raril's kid, obviously. And her mom is quite the character. Her dad is also quite the character, just in a slightly different sort of way.

But!

Debuffs.

"I guess?" Lapis replies. "Maybe that isn't a good word. Impairing?"

That's a more general word. And it sounds less Game-y. Sometimes regular people are uncomfortable when Lapis uses Game terms. Anika usually isn't, though, but Anika is very unique and fun and Lapis loves her a great deal.

"There's the basement place where people sword at each other that I'm not supposed to know about or go in," Lapis helpfully points out. "But I'm not allowed to go down there so I don't think that would be a very good place for practicing."

Unfortunate, since it is a designated place for people to sword at each other.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

June thinks about something very important:
"...No, I like 'Debuffs' better than 'Impairments'," she says. "Sounds better."

She nods.
And agrees.
"Probably wouldn't be good to bring a kid there," she says.
Likewise, they can't just go up to her room on the upper floor, either.

June looks around the bar.
Oh, right! There's 'private' rooms all around on this floor. She turns and looks around for one that's still open. Since it's not that busy yet, half the 'private' rooms are still available. She moves over to an open door and checks inside, just in case someone's already in there. "How about in here? Enough space here?" she asks. "I'll go grab my sword, will be right back," she says.

Taking the manual with her, she goes upstairs...grabs the wooden fairy sword, and returns (still with the manual and also a pen).
Artemis
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Artemis »

Raril Xar'Cha emerges from his office looking a bit haggard. Deadtime and the shifting nature of the Nexus had made the bookkeeping hell. When had spiderblood wine gotten so expensive? There was a direct route between Inside and Menzoberranzan through Delmah Phor. He swore his supplier was raising the prices more than usual, just to spite him, or his family by association.

At least, The drow thought as he settled into his favorite chair by the fireplace, currently lit with blue faerie fire rather than something that would give off heat in the summer weather, Cormyrian Fireamber's price was relatively stable. It was Raril's favorite, the goblin servers knew, as one brought him a glass without him needing to ask.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Artemis wrote: Aug 07, 2023 8:44 am Raril Xar'Cha emerges from his office looking a bit haggard. Deadtime and the shifting nature of the Nexus had made the bookkeeping hell. When had spiderblood wine gotten so expensive? There was a direct route between Inside and Menzoberranzan through Delmah Phor. He swore his supplier was raising the prices more than usual, just to spite him, or his family by association.

At least, The drow thought as he settled into his favorite chair by the fireplace, currently lit with blue faerie fire rather than something that would give off heat in the summer weather, Cormyrian Fireamber's price was relatively stable. It was Raril's favorite, the goblin servers knew, as one brought him a glass without him needing to ask.

June was about to leave the building (she doesn't have a shift in the kitchen or elsewhere today unless someone suddenly calls out) - taking with her a wooden sword and an arbitrary sword manual to practice with and read through - when she noticed Raril. Deciding she can take a pit-stop (she definitely has the time to, since she's got almost nothing else to do), she decides to go over to him.

"Hey, boss," she says. She puts her arms on a nearby chair, leaning against it. "You look exhausted, you alright?" she asks.
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

Raril waves a hand. "Oh it's nothing, really. Just the accounts giving me trouble. Our distributor for Spiderblood wine has raised her prices, probably just to screw with me." He explains. Then he smiles at June. "Thanks for asking, though."

Then he notices the wooden sword. "What are you up to?"
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

"Ah," June says. "I see."
She thinks for a moment, and realizes she doesn't actually know where they get Spiderblood wine from. "Are there no other places we can get it from? Or is it the only option?"

To answer about the sword, June gestures with the manual. "My...my sister left behind nearly a library's worth of random sword books," she says. She sighs. "But, the thing is, most of the books assume competency with magic, or supernatural martial skills, or weirdly specific biologies like six arms or a long snake tail or things like that."

She lowers the book. "This one seems like it might almost be possible to do without all those things so I'm going to find some place to try them out."

The wooden sword, it should be noted, doesn't appear cheap or low-quality. In fact, the wood it's made out of seems to be still alive, like it's part of a tree that could sprout leaves or blossoms at any time.
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

Raril frowns, thinking and takes a sip of his wine. "I could probably find another distributor, but the best stuff, in my opinion, comes straight from Menzoberranzan. A lot of our drow clients would have nothing less. And I want to keep them happy. I might be able to find someone willing to undercut her prices, but that'll make her angry with me." The drow sighs and takes another, longer, sip of wine.

"If you're looking for somewhere to practice, there's a fighting ring in the basement. It doesn't get that much use during the week. There's plenty of space." He eyes the sword a bit, considering its make. "Interesting practice sword you've got there. Self repairing?" Raril wonders.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Artemis wrote: Aug 08, 2023 4:35 am Raril frowns, thinking and takes a sip of his wine. "I could probably find another distributor, but the best stuff, in my opinion, comes straight from Menzoberranzan. A lot of our drow clients would have nothing less. And I want to keep them happy. I might be able to find someone willing to undercut her prices, but that'll make her angry with me." The drow sighs and takes another, longer, sip of wine.

"If you're looking for somewhere to practice, there's a fighting ring in the basement. It doesn't get that much use during the week. There's plenty of space." He eyes the sword a bit, considering its make. "Interesting practice sword you've got there. Self repairing?" Raril wonders.
"Hmm..." June says. She thinks. "Yeah, that would be a big problem. If she feels confident enough to raise prices out of spite, I imagine she could also find a way to control other sources."
Honestly, June's glad she's not the one who has to deal with this. It sounds like a difficult decision, of which the solution is probably just 'do nothing and accept higher prices'. "Hopefully the price increase is just her way of saying she wants you to send someone to negotiate with her, or something."

Well, once again, June's glad that she's not the one who has to deal with this.

"...I had never actually considered practicing in the basement," she says. She considers it now: well, she does enjoy being and practicing outside. But it's not always easy to find a place to practice...practicing here would be easier and better practice, too. But if she messes up her breathing, there's a lot of people around and she won't be able to block out all the sensory input that the special breathing she's learned blocks out.
She bites her lip.
"Okay, yeah, I can do that. I've rarely gone into the basement area, anyway, so it'd be a good way for me to get used to the space."
June looks at her sword. "...Actually, I don't know if it's self-repairing or not. Maybe? Every so often I need to cut off branches from it and shave it down, so it's probably self-repairing, too," she says. After just a little thought, she decides to explain what she does know about it: "It's a fairy's sword. A lot tougher than you'd expect for something made of wood."
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

Raril tilts his head. "Fairy sword, hm?" He considers that. "Interesting. Just don't wave it around if and when my wife drops by. She's sensitive about Fey stuff. There's a bit of a war on between her people and the Fey for the very heart of the world. It's a little complicated." He admits. "Don't let that stop you, though. Probably a different sort of fairy anyway." He waves a hand, dismissing the thought. There were so many types of people in the Nexus, and not all fairies were capital F Fey.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Artemis wrote: Aug 09, 2023 9:49 am Raril tilts his head. "Fairy sword, hm?" He considers that. "Interesting. Just don't wave it around if and when my wife drops by. She's sensitive about Fey stuff. There's a bit of a war on between her people and the Fey for the very heart of the world. It's a little complicated." He admits. "Don't let that stop you, though. Probably a different sort of fairy anyway." He waves a hand, dismissing the thought. There were so many types of people in the Nexus, and not all fairies were capital F Fey.
By chance, it actually is the exact same sort of fairy that Zee's people are at war with.

June stands up straight and stretches her back. "Yeah, I'll be careful, won't use it around her" she says. And then, she remembers something: "Oh! Did I ever tell you about that time your wife saved my life? Well, actually twice." Technically once, since one of those times June just has the memory of being saved but it was technically someone else who was saved, thanks to complicated Nexus stuff. "Before meeting you, I got captured by some...janitorial cultists, I guess, who were worshipping some fox lady with a mask, and another time I got trapped in some extradimensional maze as some sort of sick life-or-death reality TV-show, and both times she got me out..."

She puts two and two together. "Huh. Strange, I just realized: both times it happened inside Trog's Tavern's bathrooms. There's something really weird about those bathrooms."
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

Raril's white eyebrows shoot up. "Trog's Bathrooms, eh? I can't say I've used the public ones, actually. Usually go upstairs to a room." More secure that way, though he doesn't say it. And, apparently, safer. "Cultists are a problem my wife's used to dealing with. They used to summon her at the most inopportune moments. Like straight out of a shower. Suds and all."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Artemis wrote: Aug 12, 2023 1:30 am Raril's white eyebrows shoot up. "Trog's Bathrooms, eh? I can't say I've used the public ones, actually. Usually go upstairs to a room." More secure that way, though he doesn't say it. And, apparently, safer. "Cultists are a problem my wife's used to dealing with. They used to summon her at the most inopportune moments. Like straight out of a shower. Suds and all."

June nods. Yup, as unbelievable as it may sound, the bathrooms. "I'll keep that in mind the next time I'm there." Just avoid the whole problem entirely by avoiding the public ones.

She bites her lip.

"I..."
Summoning?
"That sounds it could be problematic..."
But, in spite of saying that, she does start wondering who else this 'summoning' could affect. Anyone with a cult could be summoned? June rests her hand on her wood sword. "Would that kind of summoning work on fey?" she says to herself, thinking aloud. The next time she meets Zee, she might have to ask about that.

She thinks a little more, then exhales.

"Well, then, I guess I'm going to check out downstairs, see if there's space available right now," she says.
She goes towards the stairs down, but turns and with a wave tells Raril, "Good luck with the Spiderblood wine problem," she says.
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

Raril's pointed ears twitch a little. Summoning fey. That was dangerous idea. But so was summoning demons and anything else like that. Since the comment wasn't meant for him, though, the drow keeps his mouth shut.

When June goes down the stairs, Raril raises his glass to her. "Thanks!" He takes a deep sip and goes back to staring into the fire, thinking.

Downstairs is of brick construction with a vaulted ceiling, the arches holding up the Den above. Fortunately that created a bit of height for someone wanting to swing a sword. It also created some extra room for the various liquor barrels and crates stacked against the wall near the stairs to the kitchen and bar. Each crate was sealed with blue wax, and a bit of magic. June would know that Raril kept the shipments sealed until they got up behind the bar to prevent theft and other nefarious deeds.

But the majority of the space was taken up by a large ring made of rope and covered in sand. Surrounding it were three banks of wooden bleachers for spectators. At present, no one was down here, so June was free to practice.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

June watches the sealed crates as she walks past them. She knows, logically, that nothing will happen from her just walking past them. However...in the back of her mind, her voice is saying things like 'what if you trip and accidentally break one' or 'what if something's actually hiding inside one'.
Yeah, she knows nothing like that would happen.

She goes into the large ring, and sets the sword book down on the ground, with a pen and a bookmark.
And, she goes through them one by one, practicing the various stances, moves, attacks, and other various things they have. Some of the things in the book are ridiculous and impossible for her. Others are more reasonable, and she writes in the front of the book what she decides about them, and then keeps on practicing with the wooden sword.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

Boom!
That's the sound of the tavern door slamming open, as a rather extravagantly dressed elven woman enters. She wears a low cut dress made from shimmering golden cloth, complimented by a complex spiderweb of necklaces and a silk shawl in oxblood red with a pattern of stylized birds on it. A messy bob of blonde hair frames her delicate features, but her eyes are hard and calculating as she surveys the dimly lit establishment. This is, of course, Atya, famed fashion model and certainly-not-a-serial-arsonist, and she's here on a mission.

"This should do nicely"
she mutters to herself, before smiling broadly at the sparse clientele.

"Hello everyone, if I could have your attention! All drinks are on me for the rest of the night! Enjoy yourselves, I mean it. Additionally, if you have any special skills related to breaking and entering, hacking, combat, or stealth, then come to my booth so we can talk. I have a very lucrative job offer for anyone with the proper expertise." Her voice is slightly hoarse, as if she's been smoking a bit much.

Atya follows this by heading to the bar to drop off her card, as she's clearly following through with her rather generous offer. Surely there are some talented patrons willing to hear her out, for all the trouble she's going to.
horses can attack and eat me
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

"-And that's when he explained that he didn't mean any offense by it and promised to never say anything like that again. And so I told him I understood and accepted his apology and-" The bangaa sitting across from the cloaked hero-thief, Goemog, was cut off by Atya's grand entrance. In unision, the pair rose their mugs and cheered along with the rest of the patrons of the establishment. At the rest of the statement, Mogzoku/Goemog rose an eyebrow. Setting his mug down, he turns to his bangaa companion.

"This looks like nothing but trouble. I'm gonna hear her out," says Mogzoku.

"Oi, you better not be thinking of laying in bed with the bloody dame," responds his companion.

"That depends entirely on how the night goes, kupo."

The two-foot tall moogle flies up from his seat and towards Atya, approaching them as soon as they finish putting their card down. He finger guns and confidently greets the woman, "So, what's cookin', good lookin'?"