The Black Dragon's Den

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Felandria
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Re: The Black Dragon's Den

Post by Felandria »

Felandria puts the chairs together and takes a seat, just as her drink arrives.

Fel downs it in one go, as though it were a shot, and gestures for another.

I had a suspicion you would prefer less chatter, I have known the feeling before.

We don’t have to talk, if you don’t wanna.

Fel makes eye contact with the demoness, who will notice Fel’s deeply violet eyes, and possibly the briefest flash of lightning within them.

Tags:
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Ironsmith »

In the same moment, Fel will find herself looking at the demoness's own eyes. There's something... off about them, though they look perfectly normal. The giantess will find herself with an inexplicable chill running over her spine, as though she were sitting too close to the door on a cold winter day.

It passes after a moment, about when the demoness returns to her own drink, throwing back the shot and gulping down its contents.

"...What the hell." The demoness mutters, clapping the glass back to the bar. "I suppose drinking alone was off the table anyway." She looks up at the giantess and, after a moment's hesitation, extends a taloned hand. "...Euphoria." She mumbles, by way of greeting.

"...I take it we're here for the same reason." She notes, looking at the now-empty bottle in Fel's hands. "Got something you don't want to remember until morning."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

Fel sets the bottle down and takes Euphoria’s hand, gently.

Felandria.

And mostly yes, less a fact than a feeling.

Sometimes I just get tired of trying to be normal, I guess.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

"Like that freakin' means anything around here anyway." Euphoria mutters irritably. "From where I sit, everyone here is a freak." She starts fiddling with her discarded glasses, arranging them into a little pyramid as she talks. "And they ask me to pretend like I'm one of them. Or, rather, they don't ask. They just treat me like shit if I don't." She shakes her head. "...Or if I do. I tell you, Felandria, most people are assholes. No sense in trying to please them."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

Honestly, it’s like that a lot of places.

Where I come from, when assholes got in your way, you dispatched them and looted the bodies.

Seemed easier, really.

Can’t do that here, though.

I mean, you could, and I certainly could, but it’s frowned upon.

Fel giggles.

So, what do you do?
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

"Same." Euphoria snarks, downing another shot.

At being asked what she does for a living, Euphoria frowns and gives Felandria and appraising look, as though trying to guess whether she was serious or not. "...I run a charity for orphaned puppies." She quips, before gesturing down at her dress. "I'm a performer. Play keyboard for DEATHKISS. Or at least I did." She sighs and shakes her head. "Our drummer went nuts a while ago. And then she tried to kill the rest of us. Succeeded with our singer." Euphoria sighs and rests her forehead on her hand. "You think you know a girl..."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

Fel’s eyes widen slightly.

DEATHKISS?

Yeah I’ve heard your music, just never saw any pictures of the band.

You guys are pretty damned good……….well, I guess were?

I’m…, I’m sorry to hear that.

Fel puts a hand on Euphoria’s shoulder.

Were you especially close?
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

"The closest." Euphoria confirms, accepting another shot from the worried-looking bartender. "...Listen. I'm sure you've heard the rumors about us in the band fucking like bunnies. We're succubi, DEATHKISS's image is built on gratuitous sex, and it's at least partly true anyway. But Manny... she was something special." Euphoria shakes her head. "I haven't been satisfied in half a millenium. But when I was with her, I was... I almost was. Hell didn't seem so bad."

"...Worst part is, we'd already been through so much. The quota crisis of '98. The Mulch spiral. Quitting cold turkey with her and the withdrawal that came from that. The awakening. Forming the band in the first place. Our big escape from the Abyss. And just before Ilpholin got her, that crazy Ava lady trying to bomb the lot of us." The demoness shakes her head. "We were together through all of that. I wouldn't be who I am today if I'd never met her. And neither would she. Makes it real hard to cut her out of my life entirely."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

As Euphoria speaks, Fel downs a second bottle.

It can be hard to cut someone out of your life.

I’ve had to do it with a girlfriend and a mother, and I’ve had it done to me as well.

I can’t imagine it if you’ve spent that much time together.

I don’t exactly know if I could help with that…….

As for those rumors, I can’t say I’ve heard them before, but honestly, you had me at gratuitous sex.

It kinda…runs in my family.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

"Had you?"

Euphoria raises an eyebrow at that. Less than five minutes unto the conversation and this stranger was already propositioning her? She... is aware of the risks of getting involved with succubi, right?

Well, actually... she is quite large. Maybe Euphoria's venom would be too diluted to actually hurt her. And... well, if she's trying to get over Mania, maybe doing-

No.

No, that's the alcohol talking. Euphoria's five hundred years old, for crying out loud. She knows better than to go on the rebound like that.

Euphoria downs another shot. Clearly she isn't drunk enough.

"...I take it that means you wanna go somewhere?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

Felandria shrugs.

Eventually, maybe.

I’m way more interested in hearing about that stuff you just said, though.

Quotas and spirals and escapes.

That, is if you wanna tell me.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

"...Ah."

Euphoria grimaces. "Well. If you don't mind me killing the mood." She mutters. "Back in the Lethean Abyss, some of us demons would make deals with the Devils so we can get out every so often. Summoning contracts. We'd get our names referred out to mortal diabolists, who would ask us for, you know, all the usual demon stuff. The Devils would back up any magic we'd need to make that happen, within reason."

"The catch is that, for providing this service, the Devils expect payment in the form of souls. It starts small; drag one person back into the Abyss that year, and your contract's fulfilled. But it escalates from there; you need two in your second year, three in your third, and so on." She pauses, letting Felandria do the mental math of what that implied for a five-hundred-year-old demoness. "...A few years ago, I was running behind. You don't want to default on one of these contracts; that's when the Devils decide to rip your soul apart and suck out the juicy bits. Fortunately, Manny was there to help me out. So I guess that means I owe her my life... such as it is."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

Felandria’s garlic bread arrives along with more drink, she noms a piece and washes it down with her next bottle.

Well, from what I know about souls and gods and devils, if you dragged a soul to the Abyss, they likely had it coming.

Nevertheless, I get how hard it is to deal with that sort of thing, my dad told me a lot about the afterlife and how all that works, Uncle Hades showed me the underworld a couple years back……..
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

"...No. I don't think you do."

Euphoria's tail flicks irritably as she crosses her arms, looking away from Fel. "Because most of them absolutely did not deserve it. At my age, one can expect to be summoned maybe once a month. I'm due to bring back five hundred souls this year. That's about forty-two deaths per summon, on average. Even if I took the diabolist with me every time- which is tantamount to suicide- what exactly would you call those other forty-one, if not collateral damage at best?"

Euphoria knocks the glass pyramid over and rests her head on her arms, curling her wings against her back. "...Obviously, there's a good reason why demon hunters would be after me even if my ex didn't hire any specifically." She mutters. "And I'm not going to make it any harder on anyone by pretending to feel guilty. Because you know what? I don't. I've been at this for half a millenium. If I felt even the tiniest pang of remorse for every person I've sent to hell, I probably would've mulched myself centuries ago." She shakes her head. "...All the same, I don't want to keep doing it. And I haven't been gathering souls during my extended stay out here. So if a hunter actually does catch up with me and kills me, that's it; I'm back in the Abyss with a defaulted contract." Her hand goes to the band on her thigh, tugging aside her skirt just enough to let Felandria see the holstered monster of a pistol strapped to her inner thigh. "...And another thing. I like existing. So I don't intend to make it easy for them."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

I do hope I haven’t offended.

Ya know, if there is someone that’s been sent to get you, I know a way to deal with that.

A few years back, I completer a Labyrinth, if you succeeded you got one request.

I used mine to gain shifting powers.

I can change shape and size.

So maybe they come looking for you and find me instead?
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

"...I see."

Euphoria frowns, looking up at Felandria critically, eyes narrowed as she tries to read the giantess's expression. "...Hypothetically." She continues, resting her chin on her fist. "If you can make a convincing me, and you're willing to take the risk of being a body double... what would you want in exchange?"

Her tail flicks back and forth as she races through the possibilities in her head. Money was an obvious answer; too obvious, really. There are easier ways to earn the sum Euphoria could pay out than putting herself at risk like that. Maybe the giantess is fishing for a favor from the succubus? That seems likely; Euphoria's had a long time to build up a network, she could probably hook Felandria up with all sorts of demonic services, assuming she wasn't interested in contracting a succubus for the obvious. Or perhaps she wanted something related to her position in DEATHKISS? She did say she was a fan.

Euphoria sits silently and waits for an answer.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

Felandria’s expression changes to one of legitimate puzzlement.

Exchange?

Why would I need anything in exchange?

It just seems like the right thing to do.

Plus, I dunno, seems like it might be fun?

Always fun to beat up some jerks.

Besides, not like I really need anything….

Fel monches more garlic bread.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

"...You're kidding."

Euphoria looks her over again, still visibly skeptical. "The right thing to do"? Put herself at risk for a demoness who just admitted, implicitly, to have been responsible for enough deaths to depopulate a small city, and could very well still be a much worse person underneath that? And even if she wasn't, surely she didn't deserve to have someone step in and...

"...You're not kidding." Euphoria mutters breathlessly, eyes wide. "You... you would do that. That's... I'm not sure I even have words for that." She pauses a moment, wrapping her arms around herself. "...I'm not sure I should let you. That could get you killed and you already sound like you're a much better person than I am." She mutters. "But then, I can't actually stop you, can I?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

Felandria smiles, a smile that exudes confidence and pride.

Most people can’t.

She winks.

Felandria would absolutely agree to this anyway, but she’s a little buzzed, which is currently allowing her to have the swagger and self esteem that she should, to be perfectly honest, have all the time.

Nobody deserves to be hunted down like that.

I’ll be happy to take care of em for ya.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

"That's..."

Very sweet, Euphoria internally finishes. And still far better than she deserves. Part of her is still screaming that there has to be a catch, that Felandria is hiding some ulterior motive, because "too good to be true" still didn't adequately describe what she was seeing here.

But this isn't even the first time a stranger has gone so far out of her way to help Euphoria. Maybe... maybe she's being too cynical. Maybe Fel really did have her best interests at heart.

"...All right." She says finally, pounding back one last shot before standing. "If you're serious about this, I'm going to need to see you actually pull off a convincing disguise. And as I intend to be very thorough on that front, we'll be needing some privacy." She reaches down the front of her dress and produces a brass key on a chain, indicating she's already renting out a room.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

Felandria nods.

Yeah, of course.

Lead the way.

Fel grabs her drink and the rest of the garlic bread and follows Euphoria.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

As promised, Euphoria leads Felandria upstairs, to the aforementioned room. She rather nonchalantly unlocks it and steps inside, her horns lightly rasping against the doorframe as she passes through (she doesn't bother to duck).

She then turns and plops down on the bed, waiting for Fel to follow her inside... if she can. This would be an excellent opportunity to showcase those shape-shifting powers, if on a comparatively mundane front.

If and when she gets inside, Fel will find that Euphoria's brought a few of her possessions in here with her; there's a cheap(ish) foldable plastic keyboard with a music stand in one corner, and the wardrobe is open with a pair of identical red dresses hung inside. A large suitcase sits on the floor near the bed, mostly empty except for a plastic baggie containing a toothbrush and paste.

Evidently, she's traveling light.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

Felandria follows Euphoria upstairs, slowly getting smaller as she does, once she gets to the door, she is half her usual height, or as tall as Euphoria is.

Her outfit has, in fact, shrunk with her.

I see you’re ready for a quick escape, smart.

Alright, so part of the power is that I can innately copy someone for the most part.

But if there’s any birthmarks or tattoos that aren’t readily visible that might give the game away, I would need to see them.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

"That's about what I thought." Euphoria sighs. "...And while a demon hunter on their own might not be able to tell based on that information, my ex certainly would. So... I apologize in advance for this. It will not be a pleasant experience."

flumpf

Euphoria kicks her dress aside and turns in place, stretching out her wings to dispell the glamour on her body. At first, Felandria might not see what she's talking about. Certainly, there are a few things she might want to hide, like some inconvenient acne on her back and a few scars along her torso, but-

Did one of those cysts just wink at her?

Closer inspection makes it a bit more obvious. A cluster of tiny, glassed-over eyes stare back at Felandria from Euphoria's left shoulder blade. They're not the only set there, but easily the largest and most noticeable.

And those scars? Looking more closesly, Fel will be able to see the way they pucker a bit toward the center, and seem to swell with every breath Euphoria takes. She can see the vague blocks of yellow and white inside, indicating at least one row of teeth. Mouths, basically, except for without proper jaws and musculature they're not opening anytime soon. Fel might note that there's a particularly large one on Euphoria's chest, right underneath her bosom; it's currently half-open, revealing a small pouch tucked inside, containing a myriad of personal items Euphoria carries at all times, including a set of keys, a pink-and-black credit card, and a cell phone.

Felandria will also be able to see that the bones around Euphoria's joints are... rather prominent. To the point that they almost seem to be sticking out, and probably would be if pressed too hard.

Euphoria waits a few minutes before folding her wings back up, returning to the somewhat less embarrassing state of just being nude. "Did you get all of that?" She asks quietly.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

Felandria carefully examines Euphoria, only slightly unnerved by the unexpected nature of things.

Once Euphoria is done, Fel will take a step back and begin to undress herself.

My clothes can change size with me, but changing the styles or cut is much more difficult, so I’m glad you have a spare dress.

Fel removes the jacket and shirt, revealing that the freckles on her face extend to her shoulders and arms, less so on the rest of her.

She’s toned, from using her usual size to lift and carry heavy things when called upon, not super buff, but she looks stronger than one might expect.

Once she gets completely nude, she concentrates and closes her eyes.

Euphoria will see Felandria, with surprising speed, become her.

It’s not unpleasant, more like something you would see on an app where you morph two images together and then move a slider and see one become the other.

The last step, of course, is the wings, forming on her back and lifting off like a page turning from a book as they expand to their full size.

Once it is complete, Fel-phoria will assume the same position that Euphoria did so she can examine her.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Euphoria steps around the disguised giantess, looking her up and down. Beyond a certain point, she can't be overly critical of the disguise; she's almost never seen herself from behind, for instance. There's little she finds the need to correct, and for the most part, curiosity reigns in her examination.

"I'm not sure how far down the disguise goes." She begins, stopping just behind Felphoria's left shoulder. "But you should know; those aren't connected to anything. I can't see out of them and it doesn't hurt to touch them. If you're assuming otherwise, it might give the game away if someone touches you and you immediately respond like it's the most painful thing ever."

"...But other than that..."

When Euphoria comes back around Fel's front again, she's holding out one of the red dresses from the closet, already re-dressed herself (or at least maintaining a convincing illusion. "You're the spitting image." She says with a nod. "...Now don't go besmirching my good name."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

“Wouldn’t dream of it.”

Felphoria puts on the dress to make sure she wears it correctly.

“Now, wanna see something cool?”

Felphoria seems to relax a bit as she grows back to Fel’s normal size, the dress growing perfectly with her.

”As you can see, your outfits will change size with me as well.

And back down to Euphoria size.

“So, what would the move be?

A very public appearance, lure them out into the open?

Contact them directly, pretend to want a truce or something?”
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Oh, good. So she isn't sacrificing one of her three good dresses to make this plan work. Good to know.

"...I don't know. This was your idea. I was assuming you had a plan other than crossdressing." Euphoria frowns, holding her chin contemplatively. "...Direct confrontation is too obvious. Ilpholin will see that coming. A public appearance is a more convincing lure, but if all goes to plan that will involve beating and/or killing a demon hunter in front of a crowd of people, who may or may not get stuck as collateral damage."

The demoness ponders this a moment longer, before letting out a little sigh. "...I do have a plan after all. I can call my ex and tell her I'm sorry for throwing her out. I'm drunk, I can make it convincing. We agree to meet up. She'll send Ilpholin and double-cross me. I'll send you and double-cross the double-crossing."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

“That sounds perfect, should work just fine.”

Felphoria starts to remove the dress.

“Don’t wanna mess it up before the meet.”

After removing the dress, she looks to Euphoria.

“In the meantime, well, not to be too forward, but…..

We have seen each other naked.

Might as well get to know each other a little better?”

She shifts back into herself.

If you want to, that is.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

"My, my. You are a bold one." Euphoria smirks, raising an eyebrow. "...Normally, I would have to turn you down. We succubi have a potent neurotoxin in our saliva... and I would guess a few other bodily secretions. The effects of it are rather unpleasantly like being drunk, and a large enough dose can kill someone. A playful kiss could make you tipsy. Making out could put you in a coma. Sex is almost certainly fatal, and even if you survived, you wouldn't remember it."

She smiles. "Usually. You're... what, eight times my size, all things considered? You can take it, can't you?" She hops up and wraps her arms around Felandria's neck, giving her a smoldering look. "I suppose we can try it." She says, leaning in for a kiss...

And that must be about when someone decided to break in and hit Fel in the head with a baseball bat or something, because the next lucid memory she's going to have is waking up on the floor, naked, with a monstrous headache. Her body's going to feel an unpleasant combination of sore and numb, as though she had taken a bath in novocaine and then gotten into a sparring match with another giant. Everything's going to feel heavy and sluggish, too; her limbs will struggle to move, it'll be hard to keep her eyes open, even her breathing will feel like there's a two hundred pound weight on her ches-

Oh, no, wait, that's just Euphoria. Who is herself still nude and asleep, curled up and resting her head on Felandria's sternum. The position she's in doesn't look too comfortable, but that doesn't seem to have kept her from nestling herself in all the same. She's also snoring, quite loudly, which might have played a role in Fel waking up when she did.

Meanwhile, the room around them has undergone some radical changes. None of the furniture is still intact; the bed's broken down, the nightstand is missing a leg, the mirror on the dresser is broken and laying off to one side while the top of the dresser itself is caved in, the wardrobe is now missing its doors, and there's even a few noteworthy dents in the walls around the room. A duclet melody fills the air, the source of which seems to be Euphoria's keyboard; the one fixture in the room that survived the previous night's rampage.

Fel will also see that her outfit from before, as well as the dress Euphoria is lending her, are both folded and neatly set by the door. Euphoria's suitcase, and another dress, is sitting right next to them, ready to go as soon as they get up in the morning... for which they are either several hours early yet or many more hours late. It's hard to tell, as the clock doesn't seem to be working anymore and the window gives no more of a hint than just "dark".

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,