Inside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Re: Inside

Post by [brackets lover] »

[NomeCo]

Asami does indeed let go of the staff, instinctively calling out, "Horus, catch!"

Clearly, as he presumably wouldn't have found any civilians in the area, the Eagle would be freed up to sweep down and chase after the staff, catching it in its mouth as it approaches the magnet dog, compiling on the forward momentum so that the magnetic pull makes the strike hit so much worse than it would under normal circumstances.

As for Asami, she remains perfectly unphased as the ape latches onto her, save for the winces as her hair is pulled. "And blocking my path is an act of assault here. Its not much of a rule if you don't follow it yourself, desu ka?" she reasons, again trying to walk forth and giving the goon a hearty shove to the side if he persists. Though, the hair-pulling does managae to further get to Asami, as she grits her teeth before lashing out, "And this won't even stop me! Its just annoying! Cut it out!"

Tags:
TeChameleon
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TeChameleon »

[NomeCo]

Eddie, being almost directly underneath the now-human Lensy, was also tangled in the shadow-blob, to his mild annoyance. Twisting his arm around to grab the cords stuck to one loose, floppy sleeve, he gathered them in one hand and casually snapped them loose. Careful not to tear his clothes, he reached through the tangled mess of blob-stuff and made a grab for the walkman.

If he got his hand on it, he was going to give it a gentle squeeze... the same sort of gentle squeeze he gave a few days ago that left fingerprints in an anvil. Unless it was somehow supernaturally durable, it was going to look like it had been through an industrial-strength hydraulic press. If it was somehow supernaturally durable, well, at least he would have taken it away from his opponent.

[Looming Spaceship]

X-1's pack promptly returned to the slightly oblong boxy shape it had when the alien first put it on, this apparently being its default. This wouldn't impede its recording capabilities in the slightest, but the grey wasn't about to tell the fae this; the radar-dish-form was mostly for doing deep scans, or as deep as could be done with portable equipment, anyhow.

X-1 gave the Fairy Godfather a perfunctory bow, barely more than a nod. "Your housebreaker speaks true. Outside of my living quarters and the general stuff you need to keep a starship going, if it's aboard my ship, then it's because it's too dangerous for it to be out in the universe in general. And bear in mind that my people approved for general use a cloaking device that would occasionally detonate suns, because it only did that once in a while, and so far it hadn't done that to any suns my people actually cared about."

The grey shrugged, a surprisingly expressive gesture for so thin a frame, and added "As an aside, if there is anything I've got that both you and the local space-time continuum can survive using, you're more than welcome to take it. The less of that crap I've got on my ship, the happier I'll be."
Last edited by TeChameleon on Apr 19, 2024 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

NomeCo

"You got this, Eesha! Keep doing what you're doing!" Crocs have trouble opening their mouths so Eesha seems to have stumbled onto the winning strategy.
Rowan wonders if he has that issue. His snout is a little gator-like.

Rowan goes up to the struggling boss-lady and presents before her a delicious cookie! It has sprinkles and is definitely tempting and delicious and not a trap.
"Peace offering?" he suggests to her with a massive smile and all the friendliness that a big doofy dragon can muster.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[NomeCo]

Sounds like Lensy's doggo form ALSO got globbered with a staff before all was said and done. Well, that's what happens when you make yourself the center of attention.

Snapping the bindings is definitely doable. They're tough, but not invulnerable by any means. Once Eddy is free he can snatch the walkman pretty easily which will draw a "HEY!" from the Team DERP goon. She seems pretty annoyed when her walkman is pulverized. And really, that's all it is. There doesn't seem to be anything particularly special about it. It's just an old bit of technology for playing and recording on magnetic audio tapes.

Seeing that the Super Strength Kid(?) seems to have things with the walkman lady under control, Khannie makes a pulling gesture toward the mass of shadows and disperses the whole thing. Lensy slumps to the ground, defeated. "Peh he he! You kids think you've won? There's no way you can stop Team DERP! We'll never- oh a cookie? That's so nice."

Oh no she's eating the cookie Rowan gave her. That's probably dumb.

"Big talk from some dope that just got clobbered," the zoroark says as she swiftly approaches the third goon nearby and seizes him by the giant novelty sized zipper on the front of his uniform. "C'mon. Spill it. Where are the pokemon you jerks stole? What are you up to?"

Just for good measure she gives him a solid shake.

"Uh... krookodile! Return!" he replies, totally ignoring Khannie's question. The pokemon Eesha is gnawing on vanishes in a flash of light, dropping the salamander into the mud in the process. "I dunno nothin' 'bout the Big Boss' plans! Honest!"

As for Asami?

The monkey continues yanking her hair and shrieking. When she shoves the big goon his hand goes into one of his pockets. "Huhu, I didn't want to use this, brat, but you leave me NO CHOICE!" he bellows as he pulls out-!

A spray bottle.

For spraying the monkey when it misbehaves.

Her sprays it at Asami's face.

PSST! PSST!
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[NomeCo]

Wheeze, Asami sharply inhales as the spray hits her face, debiliating her as she shivers from the cold. Horus, being in no present danger, swoops forth to his summoner's side and bares his talons, slicing along the monkey's spine.
TeChameleon

Post by TeChameleon »

[NomeCo]

Eddie scrambled up as the binding blob disperses, rolling his eyes at Lensy's little rant.

"Please stop talk..." he started, then she happily took a cookie and shoved it in her gob. Eddie blinked, then nodded thanks at Rowan, his hood bobbing.

He shook his head at Khannie. "If their 'big boss' has any brains at all... dubious, given the quality of help he's hired... then these guys know about as much as they look like they know. I.e. nothing. We'll probably have to go in if you're wanting answers- I mostly just want them to stop hurting people, but if you've got a bigger problem with them, I can help if you want."

Then the little golem glanced at Asami and winced when he saw the spray hit her. He hesitated for a moment, then shucked out of his bulky sweatshirt, revealing his chainmail tank top, stone skin, and childish form. Moving quickly over to Asami, he started trying to towel her face with the sweatshirt, warm from the sun and the golem's own warmth, aiming a swift backhand at the monkey that would launch it a good ten metres down the street if it connected.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Bypool Park
Not every park in inside can be a nightmare labyrinth full of faeries, monsters, and worse.
There are some genuinely nice places too, like this one. A small artificial lake is surrounded by a mile or so of walking paths and woodland. It's a good place to have some quiet and maybe a little privacy.

Mary called Skye asking her to meet here. Now the demon princess is waiting, dressed casually in jeans and a T-shirt.
"Hey Skye. Can we talk?"
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Halae »

[Bypool Park]

Skye herself is in a cable-knit sweater and a pair of jeans, comfortable for the weather and the cold. She looks... nervous? Nervous and excited, certainly. She'd agreed to meet Mary out here fairly readily, but there's more than one way this could go. Moving towards Mary, she says, "Of course. Should we take a seat for this conversation?"
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Bypool Park
"I'd rather walk," Mary replies. She looks nervous too.
She sets off on one of the trails.
"Skye, we're friends, right?" There's no way this conversation could possibly get awkward from that starting point.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Bypool Park]

"That's how I've been thinking of you, certainly," Skye says, frowning, "I would hope you feel the same. Do you not?"

MARY WAS WRONG.
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

NomeCo

Oh no! Lensy greedily gobbling up Rowan's obviously cursed cookie and will now suffer the consequences. The consequences in this case are that she will immediately feel exceptionally bloated, slow, unable to put up much of a fight, and other such things that you would feel if you suddenly ate a few Thanksmas dinners in a row. And that they were really, really good, but wow.
"Oh, dear. You're not looking so good. How about you tell me what your boss is up to and I'll see if I can fix you up?" Rowan coos, giving the DERP goon a friendly pat on the shoulder.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Cry Havoc]

Wenomir sighs. He's got a way of meeting people like Raheeda.

"We don't have a map, but I can give you directions. Bring your friend if you want, we'll just have to vet them at the entrance."
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

Morty wrote: Apr 05, 2024 6:43 pm [Hoshiki's home]

"No, I'm afraid what I've got to say and show to him is confidential." Michalson really isn't sure if writing down something vague would hurt, but he'd rather play it safe. It's been enough of a mess already. "Have a good day, miss."
The detective leaves the bemused girl behind. Much later, when he's back in his office at Intersection precinct, he receives a phone call from a previously unregistered number. If he picks up, it proves to be Hoshiki.

"Hello, Detective... Michalson Barring, was it? This is Senshi Hoshiki. I heard you stopped by my house."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Hoshiki's home]

Finally. Michalson was getting antsy waiting.

"Aye. There's somethin' I have that you need to see. Somethin' that I believe ties back to the life you had and can't remember."
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[On the phone]

"What is it, then? Since you left no mention on the guestbook?", the swordsman asks, "Or did one of my tenants scare? I assure you, they are normal law-abiding citizens, they're just not from the city."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[On the phone]

"This has nothin' to do with my official duties," Michalson clarifies. "But I do want to keep this between as few people as possible. I want you to see the photo of the body Bunny inhabited when I met her. She has reasons to believe it might jog your memory."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Bypool Park
"I do!" Mary quickly, desperately affirms. She doesn't want to seem reluctant.
"But I have something I need to say to you and I'm worried it might hurt our friendship."
The demon princess awkwardly looks away over at some ducks on the lake, not meeting Skye's eyes.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Was Looming Spaceship, Now The Shamrock

"Roight, that do sound... a little beyond me scope of operations. I peddle in desires and vice, not ending suns or whatnot. Would think detonating suns as you pass would defeat the purpose of a cloakin' device, but what do I know? I'm no chemitian, or whatnot. Just a businessman." The Fairy Godfather smiles, and adjusts his position in the chair. Most active scans won't find anything there; partly he's fae enough to not show up on cameras, and partly he's invested in an amulet that protects him from more advanced methods.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[On the phone]

"I take it you refer to the synthetic soul in your possession. So she was not in that clay doll when she first came here?" Hoshiki pauses to consider the meaning of this. "Hmmm. I take it she thinks that because that body was the likeness of someone from my world. Very well. Send it or bring it to me. I'll try to get home at first opportunity."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[NomeCo]

The monkey is clawed at by a bird! Wow, it sure hates that. In spite of the injuries it's still hanging on tenaciously, though.

"Ugh. You clowns are the worst," Khannie grouses as she drops the goon she's holding, who immediately goes running off to try to escape the trouble. Then she glances over at Eddy right as he slaps the horrible monkey and sends the primate cartwheeling off through the air and directly into an open dumpster down the street. "You're probably right, we're gunna have to do this the old fashioned way. Clobbering doofs until we find whoever's running the operation here."

The Big Goon, seeing that things are going south, flees into the lobby of the building. No doubt he intends to warn OTHER goons about the interlopers.

Lensy groans from where she's prone on the ground, suddenly overwhelmed with torpor. "I don't... I don't know what the boss'... plans are. Just supposed to stop people... from snooping..."

Sounds like Eddy was right on the nose.

The goons don't know what's going on.

Idiot minions can't spoil your master plan if you compartmentalize information!
Morty

Post by Morty »

[On the phone]

"I should probably be there when you see it. Call me when you arrive and I'll get there soon." Or as soon as his leg allows. But he'll do his best.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[NomeCo]

As Asami has a sweatshirt shoved in her face, she instinctively pushes back, gritting her teeth in frustration. "Gahh, cut it out!"

Asami brushes her hands rapidly along her hair, groaning with displeasure. Crossing her arms, she addresses Khannie snidely, "So hop to it already! Time moves slowly for those who wait."

Horus hovers by Asami, rolling 90 degrees to hold the staff up vertically. Asami takes the staff and makes it invisible, evoking the "weapon floating behind one's back" trope to free up her hands.

Now unburdened, Horus looks disapprovingly at Eddie. "You aliens aren't ones for tact, are you? You should be gentle with kids like Asami-chan! Here, let me demonstrate," says Horus. Cheerfully, he flies right in front of Asami's chest, pushing his head against her cheek like a cat. Asami, of course, pushes back on this too, declaring, "That's wrong too!"

Unfortunately, Asami's getting wound up. A rather dangerous situation for everyone involved.

An awkward silence ensues as Horus, for his part, hovers in mid-air, respecting Asami's bounderies. "Asami-chan, I'm so glad you've summoned me! Its been years! Do you want to play or get something to eat?"

"Uhh..."
TeChameleon

Post by TeChameleon »

[NomeCo]

"You'd rather I let you freeze?" Eddie asked Asami, a bit tartly. He stepped back with the push, otherwise it would be like Asami pushing against a wall, which would probably end up with the smaller child landing on their rear.

He glanced at Horus. "While I'd love to debate the finer points of childcare with a weird talking alien bird, we are kind of in the middle of a combat situation, and that big moron appears to be running for reinforcements." he said, gesturing at the largest goon who was disappearing through the doors.

Eddie paused for a split-second, glancing down the row of silly-faced vans. At least one of them still had people in them, but if they were combatants, they weren't exactly rushing into the fray. The little golem dismissed them from his mind for the moment and sprinted after the giant moron.

Barring shenanigans, Eddie would catch up pretty quickly- his 'sprint' capped out at 50mph/80kph, nearly double the speed of the world record for a human sprinter, and he could maintain it for days, or even weeks, if he had enough magic to fuel himself. If he caught up, he'd simply grab the big goon by the belt and hoist him over his head, relying on the cartoonish physics that seemed to be dominating the narrative at the moment to save the goon from any serious injury.

[The Shamrock]

X-1 waved an airy hand. "Eh, the sun-blowing-up bit was a bit stealth-defeating, I'll admit, although it usually didn't go off until it was about five lights back, so the most you could tell from it was that we had been there recently."

It glanced at the fae curiously. "You are clearly there physically, but you don't show up much on scans." it commented. "Boada mentioned 'magic'- I'm assuming that this is more of it. Do you have anything you sell that would qualify as such that would be portable and not react badly to interference?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

NomeCo

Rowan gives the minion a gentle pat on the head.
”Well. That’s alright. Why don’t you take a nap? You’ll feel better once you’ve slept off that cookie.” Which is true. The cookie should only last ten minutes. In the meantime Rowan needs to go fetch his minion. Doubtless Eesha has been doing just fine, if probably rather dirty down there. Rowan lowers his cake peel for her to climb up.
”Good job, Eesha. That nasty croc didn’t hurt you, did he?” Even if she is dirty Eesha is probably getting cuddles for being a very good minion. The perils of working for a hug-happy dragon.
Then they can meet up with the rest.
”Hi Khannie! You know about these guys?” Rowan asks as he saunters over, demonstrating his most forbidden and arcane powers: being good at remembering names.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

The Shamrock

"Ye should have been asked not t' record anything. I hope your scans don't save anywhere." The Fairy Godfather glowers, though he doubts having his sprites throw molotovs at the spaceship will do anything.

His intimidation works on Boada, though, who steps to the side, away from X-1. The leprechaun mafioso sighs and pulls out a coin, made of gold. He looks at it, rolls it through his fingers, and flicks it at X-1. To every scan and measurement the Grey has available, it's a solid gold coin, totally real and totally mundane. It'll also wink out of existence in about five hours. "There. Leprechaun gold. Keep it, costs me nothin'. Your payment's waitin' with me secretary, Boada. In silver, as discussed." The Fairy Godfather waves a hand, nods and swivels his chair around, clearly dismissing the two. Boada's going to try grabbing X-1 to lead him away, but he could interject if he's got anything further to add.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[On the phone]

"I will. I wish I could say soon, but my return to the city keeps getting delayed. In the meantime, don't go and get over your head in anything, Mister Detective." The swordsman ends the call, once again leaving Michalson to wait.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[NomeCo]

Yep.

Lesly has definitely passed out. At least our heroes don't have to worry about more trouble from that source.

Eesha climbs aboard the cake peeler and gets hoisted! "Eesha is very brave and bitey."

"Yeah a buncha them were making trouble at my school last year," Khannie confides in Rowan. She's already moving to jog after Eddie at a significantly less over the top pace. "They were stealing pokemon but it looks like they've expanded their shinanagins. Dunno what the deal is with the transformation machine that lady was using, though. Haven't seen one of those before."

It's understandable, Khannie.

You were born well after the days of the walkman.

Asami is given a bit of an exasperated look by Khannie, but it's brief. She's got work to do!

The inside of the building looks a bit... disorderly. There are a few more unconscious guards inside and one goon talking to a scientist (you can tell because of the glasses and lab coat) about the unfolding evil plan. It's into this situation that the big goon comes fleeing into only to get grabbed by Eddie! The scientist looks shocked and the grabbed goon begins yelling!

"Don't just stand there you clods! Our operation's getting foiled by precocious child heroes and their fat dragon mascot!" the big goon shouts from Eddie's grip.

The scientist fumbles with some sort of little locket-like machine while the nearby goon draws out a deck containing glowing cyan cards. Looks like more trouble!
Last edited by Rebonack on Apr 23, 2024 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

bc56 wrote: Apr 22, 2024 3:00 am Bypool Park
"I do!" Mary quickly, desperately affirms. She doesn't want to seem reluctant.
"But I have something I need to say to you and I'm worried it might hurt our friendship."
The demon princess awkwardly looks away over at some ducks on the lake, not meeting Skye's eyes.
Bypool Park

Skye considers that for a long moment, a few dark thoughts lingering behind her eyes, "... Very well. We'd best tackle the subject, then - I promise as long as what you need to say is delivered with care, I will endeavor to not have it affect our relationship."
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[NomeCo]

Asami is taken aback when she hears Khannie's name. "Vallarm-senpai? ...Naw, must be a different Khannie. Come on, Horus. We gotta see this through."

As the group moves, Asami follows closely. Upon getting into the building, Asami brandishes her knife defensively. "Horus, take that guy's glasses!" she commands, Horus cooperatively swooshing over with a caw and attempting to clinch his talons around the scientist's glasses, flying upward with them.
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Gold »

quillpleasant wrote: Mar 09, 2024 5:45 am
To Lore & Game

-well perhaps i can observe some of your monster battles. studying combats is a big part of my monster slaying class, and i find it quite enjoyable- Of course, she'd rather be the one doing the slaying, but it's part of the learning process.

Octavia follows happily along beside Micah, her halo swiveling around to snap a few pictures as they go. What a delightful little park this is! She doesn't usually take a lot of time to admire beautiful places, but that's just as important as combat and saving people if you really think about it.

As he explains grandpa lore, she takes out a small book and makes some quick notes with her oversized sharpie. -thank you for explaining! if what you say is true... then i believe 'El would be my grandpa, since they created Ba'al, who made my choir. how exciting! i've gone all this time without knowing i had a grandpa-

Well, that's probably not entirely accurate. But she seems to have the general idea.

-so do you have any other family aside from your grandpa? any...- she searches for the right word, -choirmates?-
[To Lore & Game]

"Feel free to! They might not be exactly accurate to a physical battle - or a Ka battle - but another selling point of the Duel Disk's is its ability to make duels much more interesting to the outside observer." Micah knows of certain Duelists who take advantage of this and prioritise putting on a show for the audience over claiming victory, a practice referred to as 'dueltaining'. Could be fun to try out, save for the fact that it usually requires hard-light technology.

The names of Octavia's family sound familiar to Micah; he thinks he might've read about them in a grimoire while researching incantations. For her to be dropping their names so casually must mean she's the real deal - not that Micah ever doubted she was an angel.

"Well, I also have my brother, Samson. You could call him my 'choirmate', though he's no singer. He's... a bit of a character, but he's strong and fast, and he looks out for me in his own way."

Moving past the fountain, the park path leads into a small high street lined with detached stores, the one Micah leads Octavia to being a green-&-purple building with a sign reading "LORE & GAME" above the entrance. It's open, but Micah doesn't go in just yet due to the presence of a heavy-set twentysomething staring at the various books and boxes in the window display.

"I never took you for a window shopper, Samson," Micah calls out to the burly fellow with an overly wide sword on his back and curly hair styled into large spikes.

"Just admiring the handiwork," Samson says back as Micah moves closer. Turning around to see Octavia, he asks "So, you gonna introduce me to your friend?"

"Oh, right! Octavia, meet Samson. Samson, meet Octavia," Micah replies, gesturing to each one as he introduces them.
TASBot TALBot Solenoid Changer
"You monster!" -Gold Elemental - The Order of the Stick