SPOOKTOBER 2023: Occult Night at the Oasis

For free floating plots that wish to be separated from specific locales.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Re: SPOOKTOBER 2023: Occult Night at the Oasis

Post by [brackets lover] »

[Bar]

As the man warms Asami up, she's able to take a deep breath before returning to a more regular pattern, taking the costume mask off and looking at the man. "T-thanks, that helps. D-don't get too close, though, or I'll warm up too quickly. I-I can check my own vitals." Her face was bright-red with teary eyes and a runny nose. She managed to sit herself upright, sighing deeply as her gaze falls on Mary. "Thanks for the show of concern... A-and its not like I actually do secretly like you or anything, baka!" she says, completely unironically.

Then she just barely manages to stand up, clutching her head in disorientation. "Ugh... So dizzy."
Last edited by [brackets lover] on Oct 18, 2023 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Play Area]

Khannie is getting this weird feeling that someone, somewhere, is talking about her.

Hmm...

"They've got ACTUAL ghosts in here. I dunno how you can get much more impressive than actual hauntings in a haunted maze," Khannie points out. "I mean, not that I find ghosts that scary or anything. I still get that jeebly feeling when they're around but I'm not, like, SCARED scared."

It would be pretty hard to hang out around Glog if you were legit terrified of ghosts.

And then.

A flash of realization!

"OH! Thriller! The zombie dance! Okay I get it now I coulda sworn I saw Brinika's outfit somewhere before," Khannie laughs.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Arkhosia wrote: Oct 06, 2023 9:25 pm [Pallid Gals and Galloping Pals]

Dulcinea starts to lean in to answer Reilana, but seems to pause for a moment. It's almost as if she is listening to something quiet on the wind. A faint, wisping scrap as spirits dip their fingers into the river beyond and taste echoes on their tongues.
A swordswoman once clumsy in her new form
A swordswoman once clumsy in her new form

"Oh! Yes, that would be me." Dulcinea smiles brightly. "It was a pleasure to have helped ease his burdens. Our talk helped me sort out my own feelings on a few matters, in fact. Your boyfriend is a wiser speaker than he may realize at times, miss...?" She leaves the first introduction to the pony this time. It's an attempt to gauge whether she should be as formal as Arne seemed to prefer or not.
Ironsmith wrote: Oct 12, 2023 2:23 am [Pallid Gals and Galloping Pals]

"Si-" Salt catches herself, clearing her throat and disguising the slip-up as an inopportune cough, covering her muzzle with a hoof briefly before trying again, correcting herself. "My name is Saltset Simmer." She explains, a sort of stiltedness to her voice that betrays some amount of mirrorside rehearsal. "My friends call me Salt. And so do people who think four syllables is too many. I wouldn't begrudge you that."

The kirin turns her attention to Reilana, offering a small, polite smile. "Sorry, you were in the middle of something, weren't you?" She asks sheepishly. "If it's any trouble, I can step away for a moment."
[Pallid Gals and Galloping Pals]

Reilana gives Dulcie another questioning look, but she'll have to pry later. Though it seems like she's getting some answers already. "No, that's fine. We were just having a look around right now." Admittedly she was getting distracted bantering with Dulcinea, but what else is new? "I'm Reilana, by the way." She adds.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Pallid Gals and Galloping Pals]

"Absolutely no trouble at all," Dulcinea reinforces, warm as the sunlight glinting off a crisp snowfall. "As my partner said, we weren't up to anything interesting. And besides, I always have time to make new acquaintances. Dulcinea Antoninus Hortensis, though I'm just Dulcinea to most. It's a pleasure to meet you, Saltset Simmer." She offers a hand. The grip is just the right degree of firm and comfortable to feel perfect and trusting, practiced and calculated many times over.

"I must admit, I do quite like 'Salt'. It's very... evocative. Something about appropriating the name of an object and defining it anew, I suppose." Were the words said by any other girl, it might come across as a backhanded compliment. But there's no trace of any such bite. "Is this your first time at Spooktober?"
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

[Bar]

Zefir is not taking distance, but Asami's warning won't be missed. As he goes to help her get up she might notice that the warmth isn't directly coming from him and stays where it came from. That way he can touch her and help her up.

"You should take a brake and sti down. It's not healthy to colapse that way." he doesn't know about her cold weakness and assumed she had a panic attack.

He now looks at Alruna. His eyes seriouse and with a little mad look.

"Stop playing a role. Go look for your drink befor that girl on the bar gets them."

The reactions and change of actions including the setting just seems like Alruna plays a role. First slapping for a duel then concern then bossing around. He doesn't buy this is her usual self, but it makes him question how big of a threat she really is.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Play Area

"I love mazes. And with actual ghosts it sounds great." Cheasadh nods vigorously, eager to get going. "Oh, this zombie's not actually in the video, I don't think. I was looking online for zombie makeup tutorials and stuff, and I found a clip from a show with a sheriff and a girl zombie all in pink with a teddy and, well, pink's my favourite colour." If Cheasadh isn't wearing pink, it's a face-stealer pretending to be her for some reason.

Entry

"Makes it even more of a treat, doesn't it?" Prumathe smiles at his wife and hugs back, before looking around to the children's area in the search for Mary.

Where's the Bloodplunders

"You guys go ahead, I'm old enough to drink and I... I don't scare easy. But I am easily startled. The jump scares will get me, and you'll laugh, which is fair, it'd be funny- the first time anyway. But then it's not the first, second, third, or even tenth time and I'm still getting startled and I'll want to punch someone, or hit them with my axe, and we'll get thrown out." Hope will, at that point, wander off to either find more scenes for Earl or make this one a little less clustered. Either way, it makes things here and now a bit easier.

"I'm always up for exploring, even if I'm not in the Adventure Archaeology classes. History's less interesting when it's just dead people and dates, y'know?" Aigothurz is in several history classes, but they're military history, tactics and strategy, and the magic of logistics. Not tomb robbing. The Wally-clad orc will grin and stride towards the maze, taking Aiko's hand if she dawdles.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Morty »

[Dining Floor - Large Men]

Askeladad gives a rumbling chuckle.

"It is surprising, but not rude. And I have no objection to showing off my shapeshifting. I am, as I think I've said, a human by birth. The power to change shape was a gift from a deity called Luna." His eyes sweep the dance floor. "The goal of dancing on these events isn't dancing well, after all. Just dancing. Letting yourself get carried away."

[Play Area]

"Yeah!" Brinika grins toothily and laughs. "We'll do the whole song and dance later. For now we can check out that maze."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Dining Floor

"Well, if you really are alright with indulging me perhaps some other time you can show off as much as you like." Something occurs to him.
"Not at my place, though. The MERC barracks probably aren't big enough for you." Krayger chuckles.

"Ah. Whenever you're ready, I suppose." he says quietly after another pause.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Entry -> Play Area
"Hi, uh, have any of you seen Mary Brignole?" the lion-headed goddess asks all the kids present. Hopefully someone can tell her and the wounded god she's with that Mary went over to the bar.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Gold »

[Play Area]

"Well, I suppose real ghosts could be spooky enough. Only one way to find out," Micah says, fairly hopefully. Of course, he isn't afraid of ghosts or spirits, especially considering his past with them.

"Mary's here too?" Micah asks. He hasn't seen her in a while either, but he remembers them well enough. "Well, if you see her, tell her I said hi!"
TASBot TALBot Solenoid Changer
"You monster!" -Gold Elemental - The Order of the Stick
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Play Area]

Khannie is ABOUT to head into the maze but suddenly!

People!

Asking about Mary!

Khannie is pretty much one hundred percent sure that's Mary's mom and dad. But now that means she has a choice to make. Should she rat on her friend? She HAD said it was a bad idea and Mary didn't listen. And this place isn't exactly huge. If she doesn't say anything then Mary is probably going to get caught one way or the other.

There's definitely some wavering going on here.

Eventually Khannie speaks up with, "She didn't want to check out the maze with us. I think she's still at the party somewhere?"

There.

She didn't tell on her friend AND she didn't lie. She just didn't tell the whole truth.

That spoken, she moves to enter the maze before any fallout follows.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Play Area

"Asami went with her. A girl dressed as... I didn't recognise her costume." As Earl has forgotten it. "I met her at the balloon party at GLoG, and I think she goes to PREP." This is useful information, as it means Mary is not alone. It is also useless information, as neither Prumathe nor Sekhmet have met Asami- unless Mary's told either of her parents about her.

Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[In the Wake of the Bab Swarm]

The Frescots make sure to attend Spooktober every year. It's an annual highlight for all the kids! The family, accompanied by the Mithars, have just flooded into the venue, headed largely to the play area. The bulk of them are supervised by Adir and Calanthe, surely, with the older kids more free to wander.

Taking up the rear, though, is Sakura! She's taking it pretty easy because she's quite pregnant at this point. She's dispensed with an elaborate costume this year; she's opted for a black jumpsuit with a skeleton pattern on it. Notably, over her belly is a little skeleton baby.

She's not alone, she walks with her arm slung in Cessie's, but also two of their respective children are tagging along. Jillian and Lucy trail behind them, conspiring in whispers. Lucy wears a little barbarian costume, complete with faux fur trim and a comically large prop axe. Jillian conversely wears a red and black gown with trailing sleeves and a high collar. An elegant vampiress, complete with plastic teeth.
~Images by Soushiyo
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Play Area
"I, uh, don't know who that is, but thanks." Nor would Sekhmet recognize Asami's costume. "Where would they have gone?" She's asking Prumathe as much as she is asking the kids. She's not sure she likes the spread of options left for Mary and "Asami" to have gone to. Just the bar and private rooms as far as she knows.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

quillpleasant wrote: Oct 11, 2023 9:29 pm Dining Floor

It's Lia's turn to be taken aback by Tespa's reaction, a little confused by the laughter. She has no concept of traditional beauty standards, and it wouldn't even occur to her that such a unique appearance wouldn't be considered beautiful. Of course, an individual blessed by decay is always going to be more appealing than any of those boring healthy people anyway.

"You don't get that a lot? Oh, it's probably because of your mask, no one would know to compliment you if that's all they see," she nods in understanding. Tespa must just be shy, that explains it! "Well, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones."

She nods understandingly as the curse is elaborated on. "You know... my own experiences have some similarities there. My body slowly rots and dies over a few months, and then I make a new one. So when I'm close to death, it's probably similar to where you're at most of the time." The mycoid smiles, quite happily. "Embracing it is good. Caught between life and death, we get to experience the wonder of decay while we're still aware. Not everyone is so lucky!" A moment of hesitation- perhaps she's being a little too positive. "It is a shame about the pain, though. If you ever have need of numbing tinctures, I can create those quite easily."

It also hasn't escaped Lia's notice that Tespa seems a little hesitant regarding the reading. "Hm... I can arrange another sort of payment. In the past I've traded for things by growing mushrooms- I can create any kind, from morels to death caps. And I can make them into things like the numbing tincture, although that I'd give you anyway if you need it." She glances around the dance floor, eyeing the crowd. "I wouldn't want to tear you away from these festivities for a reading so early. Perhaps later, then? My curiosity can wait."

The mycoid extends a hand playfully. "You don't dance, by any chance, do you?"
Dining Floor

Lia's response left Tespa giving her an odd look. She couldn't detect a single shred of insincerity, and that confused her. But it wasn't unwelcome. What must Lia's home culture be like for her to so readily accept this? The more she talked, the weirder she seemed. But Tespa wasn't exactly one to talk in that regard, so she tried to take it in her stride. Besides, she'd take a weirdly nice response as opposed to the normal one.

"...Right. Perhaps one day I shall learn to be able to embrace it just as much as you clearly do. That would be... nice, I think. And thank you. There are actually a few rare mushrooms I would quite like for my... experiments."

She paused, before reaching a paw out to take Lia's hand. "I can't say I do, these days. But I'd like for you to show me."
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

Dining Floor

Lia is pretty terrible at reading people's emotions, since mycoids tend to display their own feelings in purely mental ways. Thus, she's utterly oblivious to Tespa's confusion.

"Rare mushrooms it is! We can discuss the details later." Lia beams, taking Tespa's paw and leading her out onto the dance floor. "For now, it's time to dance!"

And with that they are off. Lia's dancing style is... interesting. She clearly knows all the right moves, but her execution is quite stiff and unpracticed. It's as if she's watched and memorized a comprehensive video series on ballroom dancing, without having ever actually practiced it.

In fact, that might be exactly what she's done. Still, her awkwardness aside, she does a passable job at leading, and she seems to be having a lot of fun with it.

"You know, I've never been to a real dance before?" No surprise there. "I first read about dancing in Anna Karenina and I thought it sounded so lovely! I can see why humans like it so much." She smiles at Tespa. "You're not a human, right? Humans don't have that lovely fur."
horses can attack and eat me
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Play Area]

Brinika glances up at Khannie. She can see what her friend is doing. Mary's mom will find out what Mary is doing soon enough, so maybe it is better not to get caught in the cave-in.

"Somewhere deeper into the building. Got kinda lost in the crowd."

That... sounds a lot like an invitation to Askeladd. Which he shouldn't mind, but it makes him nervous. What foolishness. Why is he acting like he's sixteen and not over a hundred years old?

"Then let us begin."

He reaches out to Krayger with his hand and goes to lead him in dance to the music currently being played. Perhaps fortunately it's a slower tune so the two of them are less likely to embarrass themselves right off the bat.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Dining Floor - Large Men

On the plus side, the partygoers being supplemented by the Bloodsong's clientele means that Askeladd and Krayger don't absolutely tower over the rest and stick out like sore thumbs. They are still a bit bigger than most of the people on the dance floor, though.

"I'm not sure my people's dances are suited for this kind of setup. My hooves and shoulders don't fit quite as well as I'd have hoped." His broad frame does take up a lot of space. Though the fact that his hooves tap with each step on the hardwood floor may or may not be amusing to Askeladd.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Cessie is there with her youngest daughter. The twins being no where in sight.

She has dressed up in a stylized version of the uniforms worn by generals back in her home country.
"Hopefully Adir won't have too much trouble with the others. They get so antsy this time of the year." She comments as it was no small feat getting nearly a dozen children to a party they were excited about. Her thoughts suddenly going to someone else that probably would have helped them out if she had been working tonight.

In fact, did Calenthe actually have a day off for spooktober? She hadn't seen her but she might be helping Adir.
The sorceress would ask but the subject was not suited for this occasion. Since Sakura knew that while Cessie hadn't said much regarding it she found their relationship problematic at best.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

quillpleasant wrote: Oct 16, 2023 3:49 am Dining Floor

Lia is pretty terrible at reading people's emotions, since mycoids tend to display their own feelings in purely mental ways. Thus, she's utterly oblivious to Tespa's confusion.

"Rare mushrooms it is! We can discuss the details later." Lia beams, taking Tespa's paw and leading her out onto the dance floor. "For now, it's time to dance!"

And with that they are off. Lia's dancing style is... interesting. She clearly knows all the right moves, but her execution is quite stiff and unpracticed. It's as if she's watched and memorized a comprehensive video series on ballroom dancing, without having ever actually practiced it.

In fact, that might be exactly what she's done. Still, her awkwardness aside, she does a passable job at leading, and she seems to be having a lot of fun with it.

"You know, I've never been to a real dance before?" No surprise there. "I first read about dancing in Anna Karenina and I thought it sounded so lovely! I can see why humans like it so much." She smiles at Tespa. "You're not a human, right? Humans don't have that lovely fur."
Dining Floor

Tespa finds herself pulled out onto the dancefloor, which she can't say she's used to. She is used to putting a show though- performing her role for customers, putting on an act. She could only help that was enough to carry her along as she dances, doing her best to follow Lia's admittedly choppy lead.

And it was fun! She thinks it is, at least. Neither of them particularly seem to know what they're doing, but that's little matter. How long had it been since she had done something like this with another? Tespa can't remember.

"You seem to read a lot," Remarks Tespa as they step in almost-rhythm. She didn't have the heart to say she wasn't all that familiar with the books her dance partner referenced. "And no, no," the oracle finds herself smiling. Lia's strange lack of knowledge in certain areas, in what's perhaps normal for average people, and her burning curiosity about it all was oddly endearing. "I am what they call a catfolk, though we call ourselves amurruns. I don't mind the common name, though. We were mere cats once, after all."
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Dining Floor

Lia doesn't seem to be aware of their lack of skill- she's just enjoying the dance, losing a little of her stiffness as she becomes more accustomed to the rhythm. Of course, she has to take a little care to not bump Tespa with her mushroom cap.

"Oh, reading is my favorite thing in the world!" says Lia enthusiastically, "It was how I learned about the outside world, and why I realized I had to explore it. 'There is no book so bad but something good may be found in it.' That's Cervantes, he's my favorite. Do you have a favorite book, or author?" Of course, Lia knows not everyone reads. But for the life of her she can't understand why not.

She could clearly go on about this topic for a while, but reigns herself in with some difficulty, continuing the dance in silence for a few moments. "I haven't had much chance to read recently because of... an unhealthy obsession that I'm over now." Presumably what resulted in her recent demise.

"Amurruns..." Lia rolls the word around in her mouth, as if she's tasting a new flavor. "Fascinating. I've never actually met a cat, but they're very pretty from what I've seen in pictures. And regardless of ancestry, I don't think there's anything mere about you."
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Dining Floor]

"Not sure I have a favourite author. I do not read much, these days. Well- that's a lie. I dive into plenty of old tomes or grimoire's, but not much in the way of great literature."

Tespa continues the dance, but she is finding it tricky to stay coordinated and talk. She's never danced with a partner before. "Aha, well, thank you. I could say the same for you." There's a pause. "Cats aren't all that uncommon, so I'm sure you'll see one soon. Reminds me, people get quite superstitious at this time of year about black-furred cats. I suppose I've done my best to live up to the stereotype."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

Shadowcaller wrote: Oct 17, 2023 4:09 pm [In the Wake of the Bab Swarm]

Cessie is there with her youngest daughter. The twins being no where in sight.

She has dressed up in a stylized version of the uniforms worn by generals back in her home country.
"Hopefully Adir won't have too much trouble with the others. They get so antsy this time of the year." She comments as it was no small feat getting nearly a dozen children to a party they were excited about. Her thoughts suddenly going to someone else that probably would have helped them out if she had been working tonight.

In fact, did Calenthe actually have a day off for spooktober? She hadn't seen her but she might be helping Adir.
The sorceress would ask but the subject was not suited for this occasion. Since Sakura knew that while Cessie hadn't said much regarding it she found their relationship problematic at best.

Sakura giggles. "Adir is a seasoned expert. I'm sure he can handle things." She replies lightly, but with fondness. "I think he's probably already lost track of the older kids. Laela was itching t get away the whole way here, didn't you notice? I don't think Cora's going to hold her back." Sakura grins. Not that she minds that tonight. This should be a perfectly safe environment to wander a bit.

Though two of those older kids, despite one being Cessie's baby, are quite content to linger behind their moms. They're giggling about something back there.
~Images by Soushiyo
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Dining Floor

Lia looks a little crestfallen at the knowledge that Tespa doesn't read much literature, but recovers quickly. "Well, nonfiction is still wonderful. It's one of the best ways to accrue knowledge, and that's the most important thing in the world! Next to love, I suppose." A brief pause. "But if you are ever looking for some more fun reading- just let me know." She's trying so hard to be normal about this.

Noticing that Tespa's having some trouble, Lia slows their dance to a more sedate pace, steering towards the edge of the ball so as not to disrupt the other dancers. Slow dancing is really just an excuse to stand very close together while talking, after all.

"It's the bad luck thing, right? Crossing under ladders and such? Well, I can't imagine that's true." The mycoid sighs. "But if it is, I think my luck is already so poor that some extra bad luck will bring it all the way back around into good. Worth a shot, right?"
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Gold »

[Play Area]

Micah notices Khannie making her way to the haunted maze. Waving "See ya on the other side!" to Sekhmet and anyone else staying behind, he moves to follow her.
TASBot TALBot Solenoid Changer
"You monster!" -Gold Elemental - The Order of the Stick
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Play Area]

Khannie pauses briefly at the PRECIPICE OF SPOOK as her older friends gather inside, turning back toward the thronging swarm of smaller children running about on account of the Frescots having recently arrived. She makes a gesture, conjuring a shadow illusion of a pretty normal box on the floor in front of her just so she can prop one foot on top of it and doff her frumpy wizard hat theatrically!

"Hey! Listen up, kiddos! Me and the big kids here are going on a SPOOKY ADVENTURE through the haunted maze! If YOU think you've got what it takes to be BIG and BRAVE you can come along too! There might be GHOSTS! Or maybe MONSTERS! Or adults in reeeallly baaaaaad costuuuuuumes! But who knows what waits for us at the other side of the maze? Maybe... a big bowl of candy!? Or bragging rights that YOU were brave enough to go through the maze when other kids chickened out!"

She grins a wide grin, plopping her hat back on her head and stomping the box, which pops in some minor Spooktober themed pyrotechnics.

So.

Why is she doing this?

She knows if she even manages to peel off one or two of the littles then Mister Frescot will be at least a BIT less overwhelmed. Plus it'll be fun!
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Play Area

"I'm going in! And maybe coming out later screaming at the top of my lungs. We'll see, I guess." Cheasadh nods eagerly, excited to find out no matter what happens. She's not done something quite like this before, so she's not sure how easily she scares.

Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Play Area]

Overseeing the Frescot hordes is a very large fellow in... an absolutely ridiculous Sasquatch costume. He basically looks like a person totally covered in brown-black fur, except for the simian-faced mask with its stony brow, savage fangs, and bright yellow eyes.

He tilts this spooky face up to reveal a friendly grin. "Well?" He looks around at the Frescot babies who were paying enough attention to hear what Khannie said. "Who wants to try?"

Of those who are both not distracted and not too SPOOKED, Khannie manages to get three volunteers: Russell, Laurana, and 'Blue'. Russell is a little boy with green skin and rose petals swirling up out of his head where hair ought to be. Laurana and Blue are both dark haired little girls with fuzzy deer legs and hooves where feet would normally go. Unfortunately Blue is only brave from the first go. She puts up her hand, then sorta wilts down, then sorta skitters over and hides behind her dad's leg, just in case Khannie actually saw her hand go up. She seems a bit frightened! In fact, despite its innocence and charm, a fair bit of the imagery on display tonight seems to bother her somewhat.
Morty

Post by Morty »

"I believe you are doing fine." Askeladd himself is more awkward than he expected. "What kind of dances do your people usually perform?"

[Play Area]

"There may even be goblins... no, wait. There's a goblin right here already." Brinika waves her arms in the air.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Dining Floor - Large Men

"Well, the main ones would be the kind to be performed thanking the spirits and asking them to guide our fallen after a battle. Which is a lot more raucous than it sounds. And there was a traditional one for the height of summer. We'd probably have one for the harvest if we harvested anything." Krayger waves a hand.
"I was cast out so they are hardly my people anymore. They are perhaps still my nephew's. He's always been a bit tight-lipped on how he left things."

Play Area

Some time after speaking to the knights, the unicorn finds his way past where his daughter is shouting.
The Frescots find themselves confronted with an extremely classical unicorn, a slender equine creature with a pearlescent curved horn, a long tail and a blue coat with a shiny mane and leg-socks. It seems like there might be some antelope in there somewhere? And of course, a saddle with very fake pegasus wings attached. His little kobold rider's samurai costume is a bit more convincing.
"Now now, having a little trouble? I'm sure you're braver than you think." he says warmly with a toss of his head (he's not as good as Khannie at lip-syncing to his conjured voice). The unicorn practically RADIATES determination and courage. Well, he does to the children, whom he is giving a little boost for the moment.
Hello, Mister Frescot. I believe my daughter has been taking care of your children at GLoG for some time now. That's her over there. I'm Jace. says a similar but somehow less fake-sounding voice into Adir's head.