PREP Highschool

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Re: PREP Highschool

Post by Keeper »

Library

The stress of school has definitely not been getting to Macan recently. The seeq has continued to bumble around, getting good grades, having friends, and sometimes managing to just be annoying with his endless optimism and inability to be bad at anything. His fashion hasn't changed at all either. He's still wearing his big hat and his too-small uniform top that hangs on him like a vest. He's simply upgraded from shorts to full-length pants for the winter, and added a smattering of paint on his belly: six dots and a curved line.

He passes by Asami, turning to glance at her notebook for a moment. He shrugs, one hand resting on his saber.
"Hm. You sure you're not trying out for the competitive art team? Looks like you're doing a lot of practice."

Tags:
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Earl of Purple wrote: Jan 06, 2024 5:19 pm Ecbatana/Immonia

"I still have a church. I do not have priests. But they will remember me, and so long as they are here they shall serve. I remember the old practices and methods. I can teach my faith. I can bless priests once I have people to bless. I will put in the time, if... if you help me." So long as the church and the city remains, so will Immonia. Even if the city perishes, the linked metrodeus will live until the shrine erodes away to nothing or collapses.
[Ecbatana/Immonia]

"...Then we have an accord, very nearly." Aikobaz nods plaintively. "So long as you maintain our alliance, we will work to do the same. And as allies, we will see to it your city is restored more or less as it was. And if you stab us in the back, I will see to it that not a stone is left on stone." Despite the harsh words, she says them very casually, as though she were simply describing what to pick up from the grocery store if they didn't have her preferred brand of milk. "...Which leaves one immediate detail, before I begin arrangements in earnest. That of the heir to your city's throne, who is at present being a busy layabout in my palace. Am I to understand you would wish for his return?"
Rebonack wrote: Jan 08, 2024 3:07 pm [A New Year of Magic]

Khannie gives Asami quite the look but-

You know what, whatever.

If that causes trouble for Asami then she's just gunna have to live with it. That's how life goes after all.

Anywho! Khannie's nose wrinkles at the sharp scent of the cider, Nah, I think I'm good.

She's pretty sure there isn't supposed to be any alcohol on school premises but then again this IS a protagonist school so who knows.

"I mean, I'm not exactly a treasure hunter. I'm going to places to learn their history and stuff. If there's cool treasure then that's a bonus."

Action Archeologists aren't just tomb robbers! They find stuff that belongs in museums. It might help that museum patrons pay money to GET things into museums.
[brackets lover] wrote: Jan 08, 2024 9:07 pm [A New Year of Magic]

Asami happily accepts the cider, smiling at Morgan. "Never had it, but i'm willing to give it a shot!" Asami definitely doesn't feel bad about accepting something meant for Mary. Demon princess, struggling kinda-orphan. Its clear who deserves it more.

For the sake of keeping the guise up, Asami would try not to say much so as to not let anything contradictory slip. She takes a sip as she listens between the two, pausing to add, "Nerdy stuff like that's pretty cool too, you know. I mean, you get to travel all sorts of cool places! Certainly beats having to give speeches and perform other such royal duties." Asami shrugs, feigning a disinterest in responsibility.
[A New Year of Magic]

"Ye be goin' ter places where shine be buried, aye?" Morgan prompts. "Ye then be diggin' it up and bringin' it back ter a town to be sold to an interested third party, aye? Ye be doin' this without the owner's permission most of the time, aye? Then ye be plunderin'." Morgan grins, flashing a set of yellowed, pointed teeth. "There be no shame in it, lass. Buried shine be doin' nobody any good for so long as it's buried, aye? And the owners be not around to give permission anyway."

The blind pirate flicks her hair out behind her, resulting in it dangling dramatically behind her head like a black satin curtain. "...An' not all shine be silver an' gold, lass. I've not a doubloon to me name today, an' yet I'd say I'm richer'n most o' ye fer havin' traded cannonshot wit' the Queen Anne's Revenge and fer knowin' what Kraken tastes like." She licks her lips and cackles. "If the world be richer fer plunderin', and if ye be richer fer plunderin' even without gold, then ye'd be doin' history a disservice if ye didn't, aye?"

Meanwhile, Asami will find that the cider in the bottle is... delicious, actually, though probably losing delinquency points for not actually containing the telltale bitter taste of alcohol. Once it's on her tongue it becomes a whole sensory experience; sure, she gets the cool, sweet, refreshing taste of apple juice, along with noticeable but subtle notes of lemon and cinnamon, but that pales in comparison to the rather vivid mental image the drink seems to conjure, putting Asami on the bow of a frigate, gripping the bottle in one hand and a forestay in the other, watching the sun disappear over the horizon while an unseen crew eagerly works behind her, chanting out a wordless shanty.

But, as soon as the taste fades, so does the image, leaving her holding a glass bottle that's a bit emptier than it was before.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

[Library]

Of course, as enthralled as Asami is in doodling the two stick figures holding hands, one with neck-length brown hair and the other red-haired, she didn't noticed Mac even enter the library. She was filling in her seventh heart by the time he manages to steal a peak.

Caught off-guard by Mac's comment, Asami shoots forth in an attempt to cover the notebook with her arms. Unfortunately, there was a table in the way, causing her to slam her chest right into the edge of it. She immediately winces from the pain, sharply inhaling and unable to respond to Mac's comment.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Library

Mac winces. "Well, if it was private I didn't see nothin' at all. Uh. So there." He waves a hand, and the pain in Asami's chest should fade quickly. Red magic!
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

Library

If Darko isn't in class, or at the Theatre, then it's a fair bet that he'll be in the library. Studying is genuinely fun for him, and he certainly enjoys fiction to a normal degree. Plus, even though he likes being around people, after years of quiet he finds the library a lot easier on his brain than most public places.

Although strangely enough, he's been having some trouble reading lately. The words are getting a little fuzzy, and it's making his usually relaxing pastime a bit stressful. So when he notices his best friend Asami and his pal Macan from drama class talking at a nearby table, he takes it as a welcome distraction.

There's a pop from behind Mac as Darko appears in a cloud of red mist. "Ta da! Hey guys!" He looks curiously at the notebook Asami is clutching. "I didn't know you drew! Can I see it?"
horses can attack and eat me
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Library]

Mac would find that his magic was ineffective in this scenario. In essence, it was like pouring a drop of water into an ocean. Amidst the wellspring of power flowing around Asami, the healing magic fizzles out entirely before it can ever reach her. Thus, she's left stunned from the pain, pushing herself away from the table with her hands.

Darko's sudden appearence snaps Asami to attention, causing her to open one eye in his direction. "Hmm? Kya-!" She exclaims in surprise upon processing his words, again reaching for the notebook left open on the table. She quickly flips it over and drags it back, taking it under the table with her as she goes to grovel, her light gradually going dimmer.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Library

Yup. Totally something embarrassing. Mac doesn't press the issue, so instead he completely ignores it and turns to Darko.
"'Sup Darko, how ya doin'? Stayed warm over Thanksmas?" Mac shifts his posture, casually sticking his hands in his pockets.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

The Return
"I'm not sure real life skills transfer to games..." Mary cautions Octavia.
She looks at the cards again, squinting.
"Is it a coincidence that you happen to have cards that look like other students?" An angel for Octavia (or is she the sun?), a demon for herself, a purple unicorn for Khannie, and so on...
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

LIbrary

Darko frowns, a little confused. He's never seen Asami act quite like this before. "Ummm are you okay?" he asks, taking a step back as she heads under the table. "Oh, were you writing poetry? I always get too embarrassed to show my poetry to anyone." Probably something like that at any rate.

Giving her a moment to recover, he turns to Mac, giving a pair of exceptionally uncool fingerguns. "Heyo! Yeah I'm doing great, I just finished moving my stuff into the dorms. Took a long time on account of how much stuff I have." It was one bag. The bag he always carries around with him anyway. "What about you, been doing any... cool guy stuff lately?"
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Gold »

[The Return]

"It's not exactly battle prowess - it's more like a... well, a battle of wits," Micah quickly corrects Octavia. "Strategic prowess is what's most important: the monsters do all the fighting for you, and you're the one who leads them. Though... being physically fitter than your opponent would never be a disadvantage," Micah concedes, shrugging.

Micah answers Mary's question with a slightly embarrassed "Well... yes and no. The Herald... and Helios, too, I brought in because they're fairly rare cards, and I was hoping to trade them for sonething." Micah's not entirely telling the truth here: while that was why he brought Herald of the Arc Light in, the star-headed figure of Helios was actually supposed to represent Asami. He wasn't going to tell anyone this now, though, since Octavia seemed so pleased at that one's similarity to herself.

"I was holding Lilith and Unicorn, on the other hand, because I wanted to give them to you guys sooner or later. As a kind of token of friendship," he admits. "You can keep one, if you want?"
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Library]

Bending forward and looking at the ground, Asami growls irately. A moment later, she sighs deeply with annoyance.

Still under the table, Asami side-eyes Darko and snarkily says, "Please, never speak again."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Library

"Oh, just got back from the holidays and such. Had a great time with Vita and my dads. Then it's off to prep for fencing. And trying to guess what the school play's gonna be. I think ol' Pom-Pom is gonna tell us soon."
Mac nods, making sure to use a slightly mocking nickname for the theater teacher so people don't suspect that he is in fact one of Mac's dads.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Cheer Practice
Like most high schools, PREP has a cheerleading squad. Like most things PREP does, it's a little unusual. After all when your student body includes godesses and gynoids, and your sports teams also include Calvinball, tank battles, and collectible card games, the routines can understandably be a little different.

The newest member of the cheer squad is just exiting the locker room now, dressed in her pristine new uniform. It looks good on her, but so does literally everything. After all, she's a succubus, and not just that, a royal one.
The other members of the squad probably recognize Mary Brignole, Princess of the Scorching Depths and subject of a lot of gossip, especially during her disappearance over the last couple months. Even though she's changed her bat wings and barbed tail to feathered ones, her other distinctive features are all in place.
This is her first practice, but she doesn't really look nervous at all.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Cheer Practice]

"Hey! Brignole!"

One of the other squad members calls her over, waving enthusiastically at her. Mary might recognize the angel, or she might not; her interactions with the Shortbelte twins have likely been mostly unnoteworthy, save for having seen them in Aikobaz's vicinity every so often. The two are seldom seen apart, save for just this moment, which is particularly noteworthy as the angel's cheer uniform seems to be slightly modified, with asymmetry being the order of the day; the skirt on the left side extends almost all the way down to her knee, while the right only gets about halfway down her thigh, and a similar-but-opposed diagonal marks the division between the outfit's midriff and chest pieces.

"Whatcha doing in our uniform, Brignole?" The angel asks in a faux-innocent voice, telegraphing a backhanded follow-up. "Looking for the cosplay club? They don't meet until Monday, you know."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Cheer Practice
Mary rolls her eyes. "Spare it, Poppi," she glowers, "If you can't figure out why I'm here, you'd better go back to middle school."
The succubus is not in the mood for yet another bully club crony echoing Aiko's sentiments at her.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Cheer Practice]

"Okay, first of all, rude." The angel grouses hypocritically. "Second, I'm Pippi."

As if on cue, someone behind Mary will pull back on her uniform, attempting to drop an ice cube down along her spine, between her wings and aiming for the base of her tail.

"That's Poppi." The angel finishes, offering the demoness a high-five, which she readily takes.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

The Return

Octavia listens carefully to the more detailed explanation, and then uses her sharpie to write Strategy (leadership) on her arm. -this seems like very useful advice, both for the game and in general. i tend to be a little thoughtless, so it's a good reminder to have. that being said, i still think i will be good at this game-

Mary's question makes her peer more closely at the cards. -oh yes, i see it now. that one does resemble designate khannie vallarm- Her head shifts to become a faintly glowing unicorn horn. She holds Khannie in high regard due to her knowledge of Octavia's home pantheon.

-what a coincidence that you brought one that resembles a galgallin, as well- she adds, indicating the Herald of the Arc Light, -perhaps that means we are fated to be friends. and maybe you'd be willing to trade it to me, although i currently have very few possessions-

She thinks for a second, her head becoming a calculator running complex equations across its screen. -are there any tasks or acts of service you need? perhaps i could retrieve something for you, or strike down one of your enemies-

Library

"Sorry, if I don't talk I'll die," says Darko, cheerfully deflecting Asami's annoyance. He sits down on the floor next to the table, continuing to talk to Mac while keeping at the same level as Asami. Gotta make her feel included, after all.

"Oh man, fencing seems cool. I don't think I'd be any good at it though." He thinks for a moment. "As for the play... My guess? Feels like it's gonna be some modern twist on West Side Story. But I'm hoping for The Importance of Being Earnest, mainly because I've always wanted to play Algernon."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

The Return
"Aww, thanks Micah," Mary takes the Lilith card and turns it over in her hands. She doesn't need a Duel Monsters card; she has no interest in the game. But she'll gladly accept a token of friendship. "I'll keep it safe, and if you ever need it back, just ask."
The offer of siccing Octavia on an enemy is tempting, but Mary refrains. If she starts siccing her cronies on Aiko, then she's no better than Aiko siccing bully club on her.

Cheer Practice
Mary's uniform is grabbed and an ice cube inserted. She grimaces, but doesn't shriek or flail about; instead she bursts into hellflame, evaporating the ice into steam in an instant. Her clothes are miraculously untouched.
"What is your problem!?" Mary snaps, "I get that Aiko's jealous and maybe a little attracted to me, but what'd I do to you?" Hopefully this doesn't devolve into a fight. Mary's willing to slug it out (or more likely, throw some hexes around) to stop any further hazing before it happens.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Cheer Practice]

"Wow. Look who thinks she's so special." The demoness yawns, seemingly unbothered by Mary's abrupt eruption into flames.

"We really couldn't care less what Baz thinks of you." The angel continues. "Everyone on the team gets a little negging when they arrive."

"It's tradition or some crap like that." The demoness notes. "Something about picking out which members are likely to fall apart early. If you can't take a little ribbing and a few light pranks you've got no business trying to be anyone's support."

"Right. I went through it, Pippi went through it, everyone on the team went through it. And you're not exactly inspiring confidence, Brignole." The angel crosses her arms.

"We're taking it easy on you, even. Do you have any idea how many slutty succubus jokes we could have made at your expense?" The demoness's tail curls irritably. "I've got a whole catalogue of them left over from my hazing. And I'm not even one, technically. Not that anybody cared."

"Come on, sis, let's not get into it. Brignole's clearly not equipped to handle the subject." The angel scoffs and rolls her eyes. "Besides, no point in spilling your guts to someone who's going to be on the team for maybe a month, tops."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Cheer Practice
Mary rolls her eyes again. "Trust me, you couldn't come up with a succubus joke I haven't heard." She shakes her head. "Fine. If that's how it is..." She turns away from the twins to face the rest of the team, ignoring their continuing rude comments. She raises her voice to be heard over any ongoing conversations. "Does anyone else want to haze me? C'mon, gimme your best shot and let's get this over with." A succubus princess taking charge of a situation like this can be a little intimidating, she won't be shocked if no one volunteers.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

A!A Field Trip

Mat squeals as the robot falls over, going over with it and landing- fortunately- on top. She's then headbutted and yelps, letting go and rolling to one side, trying to then sit up and bring her hands up to her face. She's open and vulnerable right now, but her sword- which has demonstrated the ability to harm this thing, with its Valyrian steel blade- is lying nearby. Achuak or Darko may be able to pick it up and try taking the frogoblin out before it can take advantage of Mat's temporary vulnerability.

Outside Class- Hunters

"After school? Dunno, haven't thought that far ahead, really. Probably go home, work on some homework. I've got to write a list of people who'd miss me for my Doomed Narrative class. Which frankly seems a bit like rubbing salt in it, but I'm not the teacher. Why do you ask?" Agate frowns a little at the question, unsure where Asami's going with the questions.

Ecbatana/Immonia

"Don't have a palace to put him in. But that's OK. He's not king yet, he'll need to swear himself to me first. A tooth, to prove his faith, from him and all who would lead soldiers in my name." Which is where all those teeth came from, the ones in the ewer Aigothurz found under his bed and gave to Aikobaz. [color=ff69b4]"He does that and he's mine, until he displeases me. Then I'll return the tooth."[/color] Traditionally in a publicly messy manner, making it clear the individual in question no longer had Immonia's favour and was incapable of representing her in any capacity.

Cheer Practice

"Why'd I want to haze you? You're a hideous bald ape-thing, cheerleaders are supposed to be pretty. Like me." Mat the Squirrel grins, wearing her version of the uniform- shorts instead of a skirt, her bushy tail pushed out of the back, and a very short top exposing her belly. If Mary does adopt Mat's form again, however, she'll now know that Mat's got a bellybutton- something I believe she neglected last time.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

bc56 wrote: Jan 12, 2024 12:10 pm Cheer Practice
Mary rolls her eyes again. "Trust me, you couldn't come up with a succubus joke I haven't heard." She shakes her head. "Fine. If that's how it is..." She turns away from the twins to face the rest of the team, ignoring their continuing rude comments. She raises her voice to be heard over any ongoing conversations. "Does anyone else want to haze me? C'mon, gimme your best shot and let's get this over with." A succubus princess taking charge of a situation like this can be a little intimidating, she won't be shocked if no one volunteers.
Earl of Purple wrote: Jan 12, 2024 12:50 pm Ecbatana/Immonia

"Don't have a palace to put him in. But that's OK. He's not king yet, he'll need to swear himself to me first. A tooth, to prove his faith, from him and all who would lead soldiers in my name." Which is where all those teeth came from, the ones in the ewer Aigothurz found under his bed and gave to Aikobaz. [color=ff69b4]"He does that and he's mine, until he displeases me. Then I'll return the tooth."[/color] Traditionally in a publicly messy manner, making it clear the individual in question no longer had Immonia's favour and was incapable of representing her in any capacity.

Cheer Practice

"Why'd I want to haze you? You're a hideous bald ape-thing, cheerleaders are supposed to be pretty. Like me." Mat the Squirrel grins, wearing her version of the uniform- shorts instead of a skirt, her bushy tail pushed out of the back, and a very short top exposing her belly. If Mary does adopt Mat's form again, however, she'll now know that Mat's got a bellybutton- something I believe she neglected last time.
[Cheer Practice]

Mat's outburst seems to be the sole response from the rest of the cheer team; most of them are looking away and trying to appear busy doing other things, or looking on in silence and refusing to intervene.

"Can it, bucky." The demoness snaps, not bothering to look at Mat. "You're not out of the woods yet, either."

"...She's a squirrel. Wouldn't it be better if she were in the woods?" The angel muses.

"Whatever. Point being, we'll get to you." The demoness advances on Mary. "And as for you... do I really need to emphasize this again? You aren't special. You don't decide who gets to haze you, how, or when. We're done when we say we're done."

"And if you can't handle that, the benches are right over there."

[Ecbatana/Immonia]

"Good to know, but that isn't the answer to the question I asked." Aikobaz continues. "I didn't ask if you would take him back. I asked if you wanted him back. As in, would you miss his absence if I saw fit to remove him?" She pauses, letting the implications of the thinly-veiled euphemism sink in. "I expect him to be as much an obstacle as an asset going into this, and I should like to know if that would be an amenable course to you, or at least an unobjectionable one. He does have the distinction of being tightly bound to the family that indirectly led your city to ruin, after all."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

AA Field Trip
Achuak could pick up Mat's sword, but attacking into melee with a weapon he's not familiar with seems like a bad idea. He'll attack with the point of his machete instead, aiming for the frogoblin's shoulder in an attempt the slice muscles and loosen it's grip.

Cheer Practice
"That almost counts," Mary observes. She's pretty sure Mat doesn't know what 'haze' means in this context. "Funny. Didn't know there were any laws about hazing. 'Oh no, if I don't let you bully me, I could get arrested!'" Mary's tone is mocking. She rolls her eyes again.
"There's no rule that says I have to let you humiliate me to join the team. Now I'm going to go over there with the rest of the squad, do some stretches, and wait for the coach, you know, the person who accepted me onto the team, to show up." And she walks away from the twins. She sees no reason to sit around and let them do whatever they want to her. If they want to cause trouble, they're going to have to be more aggressive... Which will make them more likely to be caught.

"Hey Mat, didn't expect to see you here." Mary greets her... Friend might be a little strong, but Mat's a friendly acquaintance, and one Mary would've expected to be more comfortable playing the sports herself than cheering from the sidelines.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Outside Class - Hunters]

"Well, um..." Asami says nervously, awkwardly pausing as she struggles to articulate, "I was thinking m-maybe we can, like, uh... hang out at the arcade or something?"

[Library]

Asami gasps at Darko's casual declaration, rushing up to him and tightly embracing him. "No die!" she innocently exclaims. However, upon close contact, she recoils a bit as the area she got struck by the table in was still tender. Regardless of her pain, she still loved being close to Darko, a wave of rainbow pouring out.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[A!A Field Trip]

The frogoblin gets bricked and hacked!

It loses its grip, leaving Mat free to escape while just sitting there and looking pretty stunned by the whole experience. Definitely not a good day for the cyborg.

At this point it's just a matter of finishing the machine off.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[A New Year of Magic]

Khannie wrinkles her nose a bit at the pirate girl's not quite a rant.

"I mean, okay, sure I guess. It's like, I dunno, the spirit of it or whatever? Action archeology is what it says on the tin. The cool part is the action and the archeology."

Also she doesn't ask what kraken tastes like.

She's assuming it's just octopus or whatever.

But maybe she's wrong on that one?

"Okay so cool to meet you I guess? But seriously why are you hanging upside down?" she asks, tilting her head to the side a bit to put her face slightly more in line with the student's.
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Gold »

[The Return]

Micah nods warmly as he hands off the Lady of Lament to Mary, giving her a sincere "I'm happy you liked it."

Micah perks up when Octavia mentions fate. "You know, you might just be right," he says with the tone of someone who's just recieved a very good suggestion. "Duel Monsters is, and always has been, closely linked to the forces of fate and destiny. The strongest duelists trusted in, and even worked with destiny to help them come back from impossible odds," he continues enthusiastically, ending the spiel with "So what you said about this Herald being a sign that our friendship is fate could be truer than you think."

In terms of trading, Micah sheepishly offers "Well, I have no enemies, but if you insist on doing me a favour... my grandpa could always use an extra pair of hands back at Lore & Game." He's a little ashamed to even be asking, but none of his family would say no to the extra help with the tabletop game/figurine/book/general geeky stuff store, and he certainly wouldn't say no to having Octavia over at his home for any reason.
TASBot TALBot Solenoid Changer
"You monster!" -Gold Elemental - The Order of the Stick
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Library

"Well, I would probably have fun with Something Rotten but I couldn't handle a musical. I can't sing at all."
Except Darko would know that that isn't true. Mac can sing fine. Just like he's fine at almost everything. Darn red mages. It's kind of funny since his normal voice is well, a little porcine.
He grins at the two hugging, his tusks showing. He's not going to get too in the way of that.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

A!A Field Trip

Casting the brick aside, Darko darts over to grab Mat's sword. While the frogoblin is still stunned, he lifts the blade high in the air and brings it down towards the cyborg's head with a wild yell.

This time, his magic surges to life, drawn by the adrenaline of combat. The sword swing is far more powerful than he'd normally be capable of, more akin to that of an extremely strong and trained swordsman. Regardless of how much damage it does to the frogoblin, the force of the blow sends vibrations up the hilt and Darko drops it immediately after, yelping in pain.

Library

"Woah, it was just a joke!" says Darko, half laughing at Asami pulls him into a hug. He winces slightly, as if trying to catch his breath, but it's just a momentary reaction before he pats her reassuringly on the back.

"Oh come off it, you'd be great at a musical," he says to Mac, "As long as you can act, you can fake the singing. But I'd never get cast in the right roles for one." As much as he wishes he was a baritone, Darko is sadly more of a mezzo-soprano.

There's a sudden crackle in the air, like static electricity. Darko only has time for a brief look of apprehension before someone is just suddenly there- and making a swipe at Asami's notebook. It looks like another student, a tall older boy with pale skin, messy hair and angular cheekbones. There's something unnatural about him, and not just the fact that he seems to materialize out of thin air.

The Return

Everything Micah's saying about fate makes perfect sense to Octavia. -yes, destiny is a powerful force. where i come from, the destiny of all choir members is etched into our halos. we can't see it, but it guides us nontheless- She glances at Mary. -those who give up on achieving their destiny become demons, hence my earlier confusion-

At the suggestion of helping out at the store, Octavia's head turns into a large white multi sided die, which spins rapidly before displaying a 20 on the front. -i would love to help out! it would give me more opportunities to learn about the culture here. staying in my dorm room... is quite boring sometimes- Homework is easy, and she doesn't sleep, so there's a lot of meditation. Which really means just sitting and staring at the wall. Or the floor. Or, if she's feeling adventurous, sometimes the ceiling.

-perhaps you can show me the way after school today? the only class i have left is monster slaying, and the teacher tends to let me out early- To give the other students a chance to practice.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[A New Year Of Magic]

Asami is a bit shocked as the experience overtakes her body, giving her pause. "Aaah... Oh me, that's good!" she murmurs awestruck, rainbows pouring out from her corona. As soon as the sensation fades, she immediately goes back to the bottle, eventually depleting it entirely of its contents.

"I think I just became a woman. Do you have anymore?" she asks curtly.

[Library]

Asami tilts her head and beams at Darko. "Yeah, I know!" she admits cheerfully, keeping Darko loosely embraced.

Unfortunately, in her genkiness, Asami manages to have forgetten the notebook, leaving it completely unguarded under the table. She seems to have also not noticed the new student either.