Outside: Grass touch place

Locales abroad of the city centers, from out of doors to the outer planes.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Outside: Grass touch place

Post by Morty »

[Ruined Observatory]

That's mighty convenient. They can fix this mess without Hiep having to reveal herself as more than a super-strong janitor. Not that it would help very much, anyway. Occult has never been her strong suit, to put it mildly.

"This place is full of people with power. We're bound to find someone who counts eventually. But we'll try your help first."

Tags:
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Halae »

[Ruined Observatory]

"Very well. Though I'll warn you both that this is a lengthy ritual, and will be... threatening to the residents. Attempting it would be like lighting a beacon to invite attacks, and thus require defense. Is that alright with you both?" Skye asks. It's a solid plan, it just needs confirmation that everybody will be alright with it first, "And if the first attempt doesn't work, we can find others."

[Damundra Canyon]

Huh. Don't like people with pointy ears, do they? Emily's estimation of these bearded little men trends downwards there, "... She's our teacher. If you need a justification for it, we're getting all the information we can out of her so we can spread it to other, non-elf peoples."
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Greater Sattleborough]

With the fire still going, and at an irresponsibly high volume at that, Jubilee gestures to her driver. "We're done here. Onward we go."

The carriage doesn't move.

"Oh, for- Beaulieu Manor. That way." Jubilee points.

And with that, the carriage sets off again.

[Englebrook]

The gnoll snarls triumphantly as it twist the spear in its counterpart's neck, before violently yoinking it back out and tossing it aside. That was far easier than it had expected.

But, no time to dwell on that. With its adversary dead, all there is left to do now is feast.

Here's hoping Khannie wasn't paying too much attention to that. Potentially watching her boyfriend get killed and eaten probably wouldn't do her any favors.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

Englebrook

This gnoll is tough. It's a good thing Khannie is helping, because as strong as Octavia is, she can't keep it going indefinitely. Her Halo needs recharging, and she hasn't flexed it this much since... well, ever, actually. Real combat is a far cry from Monster Slaying class.

She expected her orbital beam to kill the gnoll if she hit it dead on- it's meant to be an instantaneous act of destruction. Sustaining it is incredibly taxing, but if she lets up now, the monster is just going to rip free, since the beam's light is making Khannie's tendrils stronger.

Unfortunately, making it bigger isn't an option. That would just take too much power. So it seems like there's only one strategy that might work her.

Her halo surging even brighter, Octavia focuses... and the holy white death beam begins to slowly move, up towards the gnoll's head. If it can punch through the monster, then it can also slice it in two. The demon can survive with a hole in its chest, but she doubts it can live with a bisected head.

Or at least, she hopes.

Outside the Sudden Cave

Lia is, unsurprisingly, fascinated by the book. She'll spend the next while reading it, after grabbing a stick of dead wood to gnaw on. Her entire childhood was spent consuming books without any context of their culture- it's where she first learned about animals, even. Reading is still her favorite pastime, and it's enough to distract her from her current predicament as her wounds regenerate.

But eventually, it's time to get out of here- or at least figure out where here is. Standing up, Lia exhales a cloud of gray spores, which floats up into the air above her. These are optical spores, and she can see through them. If they get high enough, she'll hopefully be able to spot any familiar landmarks or civilization that she can head towards.
horses can attack and eat me
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Earl of Purple wrote: Feb 07, 2024 3:36 pm Near the Delve of Dripping Dread

"I... I serve the masters. Since... Since always. Nothing is wrong, everything is fine. She's sick, they'll make her better. Everything is fine, nothing is wrong. I serve the masters." He's repeating himself, and looks confused, lowering the girl to the floor. He'll then draw his sword and yell as he charges in, swinging it at the person speaking. It's a pretty standard sword, made of steel with ++ULFBERHT++ inscribed into the blade.
Near the Delve of Dripping Dread

Well, the group did expect the man to act in some way, likly running away with the woman. So they aren't to much suprised. Guy 1 who talked jumps backwards gaining more distance to the knight. Guy three jumps between them with his shiled to stop the knight. His shield up. He doesn't attack him yet and concentrates on defense.
The woman remains where she is but draws her guns and looks around.
Guy two with the heavy rifle readies his gun. He waits for a clean shot to hit the knights arm. Likly if he takes a step back from the shield guy.

"Woah there dude. Snap out or it will end badly for you."
The first one says.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Leaving Greater Sattleborough

Well, that piece of excitement over, Samantha stares out the back to watch the fire as long as she can. Earl doesn't have anything else planned for the journey, though it's quite a trek. If Ironsmith wants to do something, this is a good opportunity.

Outside the Sudden Cave

There's a road not too far away, and a coaching inn isn't that far either. Lia might be able to get a ride from there.

It's just the one guy attacking them, at least for now. The knight is a skilled fighter, but not an expert; he'll brace himself and shove the shield to try knocking the shieldman off his feet, which might backfire if the shield redirects force or something. He's aware he can't cut through it, so he's not interested in trying, instead getting him onto the floor and out of the way so he can swing the sword at the person he'd been talking to.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Ruined Observatory]

Khannie gives a nod, doing her best to hide the fact that she's pretty excited about learning a new sorta magic that she isn't familiar with.

Gosh.

She's such a hopeless nerd.

"Yeah, I can do that. We've seen what sorta monsters this place has got and I think we can take another one, especially now that we know how to beat 'em. Or... I mean I think we know how to beat 'em right? Since we beat one?"

What was it again?

They threw a buncha stuff at it until it disappeared?

Something like that.

"So what do I need to do?"

[Englebrook]

Khannie is... pretty sure the one that won is Arthfael?

She really HOPES it is.

They would just need to touch him afterwards and he would change into something else, right? Maybe?

Anyway. Gnolls can devour things really fast. As in supernaturally fast. It's pretty disturbing to watch. And a regular gnoll devouring another regular gnoll causes the two abyssal riftstones inside them to fuse and catalyze their awful metamorphosis into their final form. Which probably isn't a great thing for Blank but hey that's how it goes sometimes, right? Sometimes you touch an awful demon hyena monster and now you're cackling and eating carrion.

Assuming the metamorphosis takes place in spite of Blank's confusing mishmash of magic the result will be one of several of the abyssal gnolls. The Incredible Gnollk is only one of them. And they're all pretty awful in their own special way.

Meanwhile! Octavia and Khannie work together to orbital laser the hulking gnoll in half! Thank GOODNESS that actually kills it. With that threat gone Khannie calls down from on high, "HEY! Blank turns into things if he touches 'em. That's how he copied you. I think he touched that gnoll by mistake. If we touch him again he SHOULD change into a copy of us and calm down."

Hopefully.

Hopefully that's Blank and the other gnoll didn't just eat him.

[For Whom the Bell Gnolls]

Ginger will definitely be able to see a glint of malevolent animal cunning in the eyes of her foe. Quite different from the mindless hunger of the varmints. The gnoll is smart enough to be dangerous for sure, but this is no sapient enemy. Just an unusually intelligent, completely unnatural animal.

The Abyss definitely outdid itself in the creature of this ghastly thing.

The paladin's glaive sweep does its job, causing the gnoll to leap away with a cackle, clipping it slightly in the process. The wound is really no worse than the one Ginger had suffered herself and the gnoll pays it no heed. As for the biters, the flash of light seems pretty disagreeable to them and forces them to pause their advance.

Not for long, though.

The remaining three biters come tumbling up on the paladin from behind, looking to bite into her ankles and ruin her ability to walk. The gnoll, however, seems content to circle her ominously and wait whilst pulling another javelin out of its back with a fleshy tearing sound. As soon as Ginger seems distracted by the biters it hurls one javelin at her before advancing toward her with the other gripped in both paws.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Englebrook

The moment the laser pillar finishes bisecting the gnollk, it disappears, and Octavia staggers. That was quite a workout, and probably a really inefficient use of her energy, but at least it worked and the monster is finally dead.

Her halo shifts into a blobby white sphere, too drained to make a more complex form feasible. Hopefully they get a breather after this- but first, they have to deal with the Blank Gnoll.

She waves up at Khannie to let her know that she heard, then studies the gnoll. There's a big question here. If it is Blank, then all she has to do is tackle it and that should turn him into her, right? But if the worst case scenario happened and Blank got eaten, then tackling a gnoll would put her in a pretty bad position. They have no interest in eating her, but that doesn't mean they won't tear her apart if she lets them.

Well, being a hero means taking risks. Putting her shoulder down, Octavia charges the feasting gnoll, attempting to ram into it full force. If it is a gnoll, then hopefully she can at least stun it. If it's Blank, then he can deal with a few bruises.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Englebrook]

The gnoll's ears twitch at the sound of Octavia approaching, pausing in the middle of its macabre meal to look up at her. Despite her lack of edibility, the gnoll still seems to recognize her as a potential threat, giving her a baleful growl and hunching low into an aggressive stance.

It does not, however, get any further than that before she slams into it, sending the pair of them tumbling end-over-end a short distance away from the mutilated corpse

For a moment, it looks as though Khannie's theory is wrong, as she and the gnoll remain two distinct individuals with rather heterogenous appearances.

But then, thankfully, the change does seem to start occurring. Unlike the near-instantaneous shifts from before, this one is agonizingly slow, drawing out the process of molding the gnoll's body into one simular to Octavia's, retracting the fur and bone spurs into itself, its bones undulating under its skin like a liquid as it slowly, and evidently quite painfully, takes on the celestial's shape.

Blanctavia lays there for a moment, unmoving, before turning his head to one side and letting out a crackly, raspy sound, not unlike an old television trying to imitate a car refusing to start without gas.

‐Someone get- Blanctavia rasps, between bouts of static. -Someone get a bucket-

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Englebrook]

Khannie's heart lurches into her throat when the gnoll gets tackled and doesn't transform immediately.

Oh no.

No no no the wrong gnoll won.

But then the monster starts turning into a copy of Octavia and Khannie heaves a sigh of relief. She lands nearby, her wings folding back into her cape as she quickly gallops over to the pair and conjures up a bucket!

She's pretty sure she knows what the bucket is going to be used for.

"Hey, you guys both did a good job. It looks like we won," Khannie comments, glancing around quickly as her ears swivel this way and that for signs of any more gnolls. Judging from the cheer rising from the villagers it sounds like they won! Sure that was nasty and messy and a few people were hurt (some badly!) but none of the villagers died.

And that's a pretty big deal.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Ruined Observatory]

"You do your thing, I'll punch anything that tries to stop you. I've done that before."

Hiep strikes her palm with her fist. Protecting more scholarly and magical Sidereals or gods is indeed something she has practice with.
General Shrimp
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: He, Him

Post by General Shrimp »

Meowmai wrote: Feb 07, 2024 10:00 pm
Overly Adventurous

Much to Kestrel's equal surprise and relief, yet another one of her arrows buries itself into the flesh of the wolf mouse. Even as the mouse falls to the ground, twitching, she stares at it suspiciously. A moment passes, her breathing heavy. "Yeah. Yeah, I think I did." There's pride in her voice, but exhaustion too. She stares at the body for a few seconds longer, before finally flopping unceremoniously to the ground as everything caught up with her.

"Owwww... shoot... aghh..." Kestrel shows remarkable restraint in keeping herself from cursing as she nurses her wounds, in particular prodding at her injured leg and hissing at the pain. She turns to Atreyu with a bit of a grimace- although not because of him of course. She's pleased to see him. "So uh... we meet again, huh?" She says somewhat meekly, doing her best to smile despite her mild injuries.
Overly Adventurous

"Yeah, see, turns out I got a habit of lurkin' in woods and leapin' to the rescue of cute adventurers gettin' in over their heads. Only ever seems to be one person meetin' that criteria though." Atreyu remarks with a grin, cheekily poking Kestrel's nose, giving her a little boop.

Oh, but hey, before Atreyu gets too carried away teasing Kestrel, she's injured, right? He leans down to have a look, dismissing his spell and de-woodifying her skin in the process. "Arright little Missy, lemme take a look at yer-" He looks at her leg, turns to look up at her face, his gaze naturally running up her body in the process, pauses at about chest-height, blinks, laughs, and looks away. "Ah, ahaha! Yer, uh, yer clothes have suffered some unfortunately placed battle damage there, Missy. Again."
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Englebrook

Octavia gets shakily to her feet, bringing her fists up in a guarded position to defend against the gnoll's counterattack. But it doesn't come, and she relaxes upon seeing Blank's gradual transformation. Since she doesn't know the details of his shapeshifting, it doesn't strike her as odd that it takes so long. She's just glad it worked at all.

-we won, yes. great job, you two- she says gratefully. -but we need to be more prepared next time. now we know the opposition is a lot stronger than we thought at first- The biters and the throwers are relatively easy to deal with for heroes of their caliber, but they're still dangerous. Two of the gnollks or something worse would have gone a lot differently.

She peers at Blank, halo flickering with concern. -are you okay?- He seems to not be in great shape, but Octavia isn't sure how.

Outside the Sudden Cave

A coaching inn is as good a bet as any. Even if she can't get a ride, Lia can at least ask for directions. Leaving the campground behind, she sets off towards it- but she'll keep the book.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Sudden Cave --> Coaching Inn

It's a two-storey structure with an attached garage and stables, for any traveller with vehicles they wish to keep under cover. Reasonably busy, it seems; there's an old Volkswagen van painted in psychedelic colours outside, next to a black hatchback and six bulky motorcycles, along with a Conestoga wagon hitched to a pair of mechanical camels.

Inside, there's an electric fire to heat the room, and the proprietor behind the bar is a large lady with a jovial face, greying blonde hair and thick arms suggesting she's more than capable of looking after herself. The patrons include six bikers, mostly human, all wearing patches suggesting they're Road Pirates. A dwarf wearing dungarees and a straw hat, sitting at the bar and drinking a flagon of ale. A group of long-haired elves in tie-dyed robes, one of whom is deep in negotiations with a Goron. And there's a man who appears to be human despite the ring of horns around his head, eating a cooked breakfast.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Damundra Canyon]

Thariza can't help but bury her snout in her hand for a moment.

"...what she said," is the most polite answer that comes to her.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

Rebonack wrote: Feb 08, 2024 5:00 pm [Ruined Observatory]

Khannie gives a nod, doing her best to hide the fact that she's pretty excited about learning a new sorta magic that she isn't familiar with.

Gosh.

She's such a hopeless nerd.

"Yeah, I can do that. We've seen what sorta monsters this place has got and I think we can take another one, especially now that we know how to beat 'em. Or... I mean I think we know how to beat 'em right? Since we beat one?"

What was it again?

They threw a buncha stuff at it until it disappeared?

Something like that.

"So what do I need to do?"
Morty wrote: Feb 08, 2024 8:08 pm [Ruined Observatory]

"You do your thing, I'll punch anything that tries to stop you. I've done that before."

Hiep strikes her palm with her fist. Protecting more scholarly and magical Sidereals or gods is indeed something she has practice with.
[Ruined Observatory]

"I will perform a cleansing ritual, but I am no sorcerer. For that, we'll need you. As long as you're feeding power to it, the ritual can continue unimpeded; I'll simply have to walk the perimeter of the corrupted area performing the chant. That said... it will likely take half a day. Do we want to begin now, and proceed well into the night, or attempt this action in the morning when we're rested?"

Skye looks between Khannie and Hiep, wondering what their response will be.
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Englebrook]

-Need to- Blank groan-retches, holding his throat in one hand and bracing himself against the ground with the other. -Need to puke, don't think I c-can-

There's a horrible gurgling sound, like a the last few inches of water leaving the world's nastiest bathtub, as Blank hunches over the bucket and regurgitates, filling it with a soup of magenta ichor that is probably best off not being better identified, a few loose, jagged teeth not unlike those of the gnolls they just got through fighting, and a stone much like the one Khannie was keeping in a jar.

Blank shifts again, flickering out of Octavia's shape and back to that of the silver-clad knightess, shaking and falling over onto his side. "...Ugh... everything tastes like gross..." He groans, holding his stomach.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

Halae wrote: Feb 07, 2024 11:55 pm [Damundra Canyon]

Huh. Don't like people with pointy ears, do they? Emily's estimation of these bearded little men trends downwards there, "... She's our teacher. If you need a justification for it, we're getting all the information we can out of her so we can spread it to other, non-elf peoples."
[Damundra Canyon]

"Well, it- she left a couple of hours ago actually after she spoke to the tender." He gestures further into the fort. "That's why I suggested talking to her. She knows most of the comings and going around here."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Ruined Observatory]

Khannie carefully considers their options here. She speaks up for herself. "Asleep or no I can keep the power going. If I'm asleep then the fox wakes up. And she's me, too."

Sounds like she has no issues with starting right now.

"If we wait around another one of those broken things might show up."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Englebrook]

Barfing everywhere isn't very heroic.

But then again neither is turning into a gnoll. That was really close. Hopefully if something like that happens again Blank will be ready for it.

Khannie is about to walk over to Blank to offer some comfort when a horrible yowling noise fills the air, growing rapidly louder and closer. Khannie lifts her eyes on high and spots a huge dark shape hurtling out of the sky and on a direct collision course!

"Look out!" Khannie yells as she gallops clear just in time to avoid a HUGE demonic cat smashing into the earth directly on top of the expelled rift stone. Needless to say the monster is dashed to bits on impact.
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Gold »

[Chaos]

TASBot is also still, though he notices the semi-solid spears in the air surrounding the two of them and mentally prepares to get out of the way of Lidoro - since they're in the air, ducking low and rolling should do the trick.

"A... token? Hm." TASBot assumes the spearholder is talking about some kind of security token, the kind needed to gain access to some restricted area or information. "I understand why you wouldn't want to lose one of those... but what kind of interrogation requires killing someone and reviving them? What is it a token for?" TASBot's voice is lower than before, partially because he's remaining ready to act instantly and partially because he notices how vague this guy is being.
TASBot TALBot Solenoid Changer
"You monster!" -Gold Elemental - The Order of the Stick
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Damundra Canyon]

"Right," Emily says it as an unimpressed grunt, but nods regardless, "Come on Thariza, let's speak to the 'tender'."

And with that she proceeds inside.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Englebrook]

You know what it's really hard to do while curled up on the ground and waiting for one's stomach to finish its gymnastics routine?

Dodge.

Ker-ash!

...Fortunately, the effect is very temporary. There's a brief moment of Blank being visibly bloodied and compressed like a cartoon character under a fallen anvil, but much like a cartoon character, he recovers quickly enough to simply be left laying in a cat-shaped crater, curled up in a slapstick-worthy position.

"Ooooww..."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Damundra Canyon]

"As you were then, welcome to Canyon Fort. Just don't go bother the people inside now."
The little soldiers all nod to them politely, perhaps even a tad nervously, as they pass. Seemingly not wanting to be too close.

After trudging through a short corridor which is so narrow that Emily has to crab-walk through and both of them will have to lower their heads to the point where they're almost crawling.
Not a pleasant experience but eventually they they reach what seems to be the main hall at the end of it.
Once they squeezed through the door they will find that the space in her is much more accommodating to them. It looks like the inside of a large inn with short metal tables that neither of them could sit at properly spread across a vast open space.

Though it would probably be more open if not for the dozens of little bearded people laying on the floor everywhere.

At first glance it looks like terrible massacre has occurred here.

The stench, the turned over tables, the smashed kegs, the blood.

But then they can hear it, the snores and snoozes. These people are all just passed out. Some seemingly in the middle of a brawl or while doing something that required them to be standing on a table or on the bar counter. There's even one that is snoozing peacefully while hanging from the enormous chandelier gently swinging above them.

A lone figure, a bearded lady, holds a lone waking vigil at the bar. Giving the two a nod as they enter. "'sup an' good rest day on ye." She gives them a two-fingered salute before she continues to clean the mug without looking away from them. "What will it be?" She speaks in a loud tone as the bar is in the very middle of the hall and some distance away from the door they just came through.

If they want to make their way to her and the bar they will have to walk over many of the sleeping forms on the floor. Some of them are even laying around in small piles sleeping against one another. Far too many are missing at least one item of clothing, usually their pants.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Englebrook

Octavia watches with great interest as Blank is sick. This is not a biological function that she's familiar with, and her body doesn't usually have any orifices anyway.

In fact, she hasn't actually seen someone eat before today. She's guessing it's not usually this bloody.

And then giant sky cat! What? Octavia tries to teleport, but with her power drained she just kind of shimmers and falls backwards, splattered by earth and cat bits. She lays there for a moment, stunned.

-what just happened?- she wonders aloud.

Coaching Inn

Lia is very glad to be approaching civilization again- both for safety's sake, and because she gets extremely lonely on her own. Some of the other Lias might deal better with isolation, but this particular one isn't built for sturdiness, physical or emotional.

She pauses outside to study the vehicles, a sad smile passing over her face as she sees the bikes. The camels are fascinating though. Then she's inside, glancing around curiously. Nothing like some new faces to occupy her mind.

After sating her hunger at the campsite, Lia doesn't feel an immediate need to order anything, so instead she studies the other patrons. The robed elves are a safe bet- she's found that hippies tend to respond well to mushroom people for some reason. But they seem busy, and she doesn't want to interrupt. The bikers are intriguing, but as much as she's predisposed to like them, if they did turn belligerent she wouldn't stand a chance. Better to avoid groups.

So after a moment's considering, she approaches the lone man with the horns. "Hello sir, I'm sorry to disturb your meal. I've gotten rather lost after running afoul of a magic artifact, and I was wondering if you knew the way to Inside from here."
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Rebonack wrote: Feb 08, 2024 5:00 pm [For Whom the Bell Gnolls]

Ginger will definitely be able to see a glint of malevolent animal cunning in the eyes of her foe. Quite different from the mindless hunger of the varmints. The gnoll is smart enough to be dangerous for sure, but this is no sapient enemy. Just an unusually intelligent, completely unnatural animal.

The Abyss definitely outdid itself in the creature of this ghastly thing.

The paladin's glaive sweep does its job, causing the gnoll to leap away with a cackle, clipping it slightly in the process. The wound is really no worse than the one Ginger had suffered herself and the gnoll pays it no heed. As for the biters, the flash of light seems pretty disagreeable to them and forces them to pause their advance.

Not for long, though.

The remaining three biters come tumbling up on the paladin from behind, looking to bite into her ankles and ruin her ability to walk. The gnoll, however, seems content to circle her ominously and wait whilst pulling another javelin out of its back with a fleshy tearing sound. As soon as Ginger seems distracted by the biters it hurls one javelin at her before advancing toward her with the other gripped in both paws.

With the gnoll pushed back- albeit very briefly- Ginger spun to face the biters. She jabbed the glaive forwards, skewering the first easily. The second was easily dispatched too, sliced in half as she flicked her weapon and carved it downwards. And as for the third- Ginger looked down just in time to see it lunging at her leg. She jabs down at the biter with the pole-end of her glaive, sending it tumbling to the ground with a thud- but not before its teeth sink into her flesh and fur. The bite is not as bad as it could be, her blow dislodging the biter before its teeth could find true purchase. But it was enough to draw out a snarl of pain, before Ginger stamps down on the creature thus squishing it in a particularly sickening splat.

And then the javelin buried its tip into her shoulder, sending her stumbling. This time her cry of pain is an unearthly howl. She tears the javelin out, tossing it aside and turning in a flash despite the wound. There's fury in her eyes, a well-buried rage that now surfaced. Her weapon was brought to bear with a surprising speed given her bloodied shoulder, trying to bat the bone-gnolls weapon out the way, before charging forwards with her jaw agape. She wasn't the only gnoll with teeth here, and she was going right for the throat.
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Earl of Purple wrote: Feb 08, 2024 3:18 pm Near the Delve of Dripping Dread

It's just the one guy attacking them, at least for now. The knight is a skilled fighter, but not an expert; he'll brace himself and shove the shield to try knocking the shieldman off his feet, which might backfire if the shield redirects force or something. He's aware he can't cut through it, so he's not interested in trying, instead getting him onto the floor and out of the way so he can swing the sword at the person he'd been talking to.

The group is trained at fighting so their looking out is just a standard thing especially since they are in a foreign land .

The shield has a repelling effekt, nothing to strong, but most physical attacks would just bounce off of it. Likly someone going in reckless migh loose his weapon at the unexpected bounce. Still the shieldguy didn't expect the shove and is taken by suprise as he goes down.
With the shield down he has now a way to go for his tarket, but also there is nothing in the way for the shooter who uses his mechanical parts to improve his aim massivly and shoots at the knights arm. Which might make some holes in it like someone would use an assault rifle on him just with laserbeams instead of bullets.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Englebrook]

It should be noted that Blank puked up not one but two riftstones. They were presently in the process of merging together into a single larger, more wickedly barbed looking riftstone when Blank expelled them. The rock only has a few moments to sit there, covered in throbbing bulbs of flesh and crackling with abyssal power before getting splatted by the now dead cat monster.

"Giant cat fell outta the sky,"
Khannie comments. "Are you okay, Blank?"

Probably not.

And then?

The situation gets worse.

Tendrils of flesh covered in snapping teeth begin rapidly devouring the dead cat monster, the bulbs of undifferentiated cells covering the riftstone swelling and growing together. It takes seconds for the riftstone to grow a body for itself, a gnoll noticeably larger than the regular raiders, but not an Increadible Gnollk by any means. A bone shield grows over one forearm while the other is armor less. From its back grow a multitude of barbed javelins. The monster retches a few times, its eyes still unfocused, but it gathers its bearings quickly.

Khannie lights her horn and is about to fire when the gnoll seems to realize what's going on and raises both paws in a 'wait a minute' gesture, back-peddling away from her and tripping over the prone Blank.

...that seems like a pretty far cry from their usual behavior.

The biters are, of course, dispatched easily. They aren't much of a threat on their own. Though where the teeth drew blood her leg throbs with heat, every heartbeat like the steady pounding of a drum in her ears. Kill and eat.

KILL AND EAT.

KILL AND EAT.

She swats the raider's javelin aside and sinks her jaws into warm flesh, blood spurting as the now throatless gnoll is torn. The monster topples over backwards, still giving a gurgling laugh as its lifeblood pours out and it falls still.

In Ginger's brain the drumbeat still pounds as the feeling of ravenous fever gradually intensifies.

This is probably some kind of diseases that she shouldn't allow to run its course.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Damundra Canyon]

These people may be racist, but at least they know how to party. After an uncomfortably squeezed journey, Thariza finds this place familiar. A sight like this is fairly typical after a party in the Black Citadel, especially if the Blood Legion are involved.

"We're looking for our friend. She was here a few hours ago. Short, long hair, horns, wears armor."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Ruined Observatory]

...wait, what fox? And how is she also Khannie? This sounds like some high-level nonsense.

"I agree. We should strike the iron while it's hot."