Inside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: Inside

Post by Shadowcaller »

Rebonack wrote: Feb 08, 2024 6:21 pm [Drako Street Bakery]

Oh!

Hum.

That's actually a really good question. "Where WERE you trying to go?" Lex asks curiously. "You never really said anything about it after you poofed into the castle catacombs."

Whilst asking his question Lex fishes out some money to put on the counter. One big silver coin. He also grabs a four more boxes of assorted cookies since to make up the difference. He pulls a gingersnap out of the box and munches it. Tasty! And then, just to be nice, he also holds the box out to the scholar just in case she wants one.

"Oh, I'm an alchemist! It's kind of half magic and half chemistry. But I can't cast spells or anything like that."
Morty wrote: Feb 08, 2024 8:10 pm [Destiny Temple]

When the anaconda gets closer, Hiep lashes out with her head, trying to deliver a headbutt that will hopefully stun it. If it works, she capitalizes on its being out of it by flexing her muscles and trying to push the snake's coils aside with supernatural strength, just enough to jump out of them. The glow around her blazes brighter as she does it, due to the amount of power she's pouring into her escape attempt. It does distract her from trying to shield her mind, so the intruder has an opening.
Ironsmith wrote: Feb 09, 2024 7:58 pm [Streets (of Arcane Rage)]

The woman looks between the two of them again, eyebrow raised, trying to determine which of them she should actually answer. The rabbit seems to have a better grasp on the situation, but the yuan-ti was the one who approached her...

Screw it. She's overthinking this.

"...Ex-wife." Jubilee corrects venomously. Really, those two letters should tell them all they needed to know, but after they came all this way she should probably give them a little more information to work with than that. "And if you're taking a message back, you can tell that overbearing, two-timing, fork-tongued, paranoid, projecting hypocrite that I don't want anything more to do with him, and I thought I made that perfectly clear when I packed my bags, torched my tower and left to another reality. You can also tell him that if he comes anywhere close enough to deliver a message to me, my sister, or my apprentice again, I'll stick my scythe so far up his royal hindness that we could mow the lawn with his tongue." She frowns. "Is that sufficient?"
quillpleasant wrote: Feb 09, 2024 6:27 pm Streets (Of Arcane Rage)

Harley is okay with being a cretin. Better that than an enemy, hey? He clasps his hands together in thanks.

"Yeah, we... wait, I don't think that's her brother. Uh... weren't we looking for Tahara so that we could find..." Think back, think back... "Okay, the whole reason we're looking for her is because the guy thinks she can help us find his wife, uh, Jubi." He looks curiously at the reaper lady. "That's not you, is it?" That would mean they wouldn't have to find the trash witch at all!

"And to be clear, we're just looking to pass on a message, we mean no offense or harm. Obviously, we don't know the full situation here." He smiles disarmingly, although only the corner of his mouth can be seen underneath the rabbit mask.
[Drako Street Bakery]

'Minions'? Did they mean those kobolt working in the bakery? She hoped they were paid since from what she had seen that was not especially common among dragons. Ratticus use of the word also made it sound like minions was just something dragons had, but that wasn't really her own experience so perhaps that was something she could ask more about at some point.

"So minions and baking-based magic? That's interesting. Though the latter does sound a bit like alchemy to me. Consuming goods which have spectacular effects I mean. But I don't actually know all that much about it. Is it also a craft that you can enhance with your current state of being?" It honestly felt like she was interviewing victims rather than dragons here but perhaps that was was a narrow view of things.

[Destiny Temple]

The anaconda is butted and seems to be seeing stars as Hiep frees itself from its grasp and leaps onto the floor.

However, that's when the full scale of the assault on her mind becomes clear. A voice in her head telling her to just stay still and relax. Everything was going to be better in just a moment just as the figure approaches her. Now clearly much larger than anything human or snake for that matter.

It emits a low hiss which sounds soothing rather than frightening, like a white noises which shut away the alarm of the situation.

[Streets (of Arcane Rage)]

"Oh wow! It's so lucky we ran into you the- A beat. "Ex-wife." Raheeda repeats.

After that sudden rant it sounded easy enough to remember. "And, uh, yeah. Sure. You hate him and don't want to see him again, got it." Humans could be strange sometimes.

"Nothing else?" It really wasn't the result she had been hoping for to this quest but at least they had gotten it done way faster than expected. It had just all been for naught. Hopefully their quest giver wouldn't be upset now.

Tags:
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Gold »

[To Lore & Game]

"Sure does!" Micah agrees. "And, I get the bipedal thing... I guess. Sometimes I wonder if anyone's really mastered walking or if we're all still learning how to," he continues absently, thinking that that sounded like one of his brother's sayings of... varying wisdom.

Micah is practically already readying his duel disk by the time Octavia confirms her desire to see what he's talking about. "Alright, then! Brace yourself," he says hopefully as he turns towards an emptier space in the area and picks up a card from atop the deck already secured in the duel disk. He checks the card quickly and grins at it, before beginning to recite a summoning chant.

"A peerlessly powerful archfiend, awakened to the full extent of its thunderous ability! I summon Archfiend's Awakening!" At that moment, a clawed hand appears to burst from a hole in the ground just in front of Micah, swiftly followed by an identical hand to widen it and lift their owner into the real world; a huge, winged figure, roughly twice Micah's height, with bony armour encasing rippling muscles as the mouth on its horned head twists into an ugly grimace and lightning dances and crackles around its entire body. The creature roars, a low but threatening growl, and enters a combative pose as nearby students either stare in awe, shrink back in fear, or simply take a quick glance before carrying on with what they were doing.
TASBot TALBot Solenoid Changer
"You monster!" -Gold Elemental - The Order of the Stick
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

[A Real Arcade]

"Try it and find out," replies Asami, who begins rushing past the goblets and down one of the halls.

Agate's arrow manages to smash into an approaching goblet's head, knocking it back slightly. In response, it seems to start moving towards her with more intention than the other goblets, brandishing its dagger angrily in her direction.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Teacup Street

"You sound like my familiar." Jace says fondly. Though perhaps a little worriedly. Is that just what happens when a dragon is small enough?
"I'm not sure copper tastes very pleasant, but we'll make do. I suppose it's part of the dangers of making things for a foal when we can't know how he works. But that's a unicorn thing."

Draco Street Bakery

"I was only trying to go to and from home. That's really all it was supposed to be. Just a test of going ten minutes away to be safe." Yeah, that's way off course alright.

"Um. Yes and no? Being a dragon isn't directly tied to my magic. But my magic is what made me this way. So they're kind of...linked. Does that make sense?
And the minions aren't something I was exactly planning on besides Ratticus. He's my familiar, and then Simon got bound to me magically, and I only bound Eesha because she was a poor little slime and I thought doing it would give her some of her mind back."
Which it actually did. She went from mindless to just a mildly dumb salamander.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Teacup Street]

That is absolutely what happens when dragons are small. They get terrifying fourth wall breaking powers.

"Oooh, is she really clever and charming and pretty like me, too?" Juibi asks, flashing the most impish of impish smiles. "And NOPE! Copper has that kind of sour metaly taste. But that's better than getting germs all over all your handles, right?"

Technically Khannie could cleanse them pretty easily.

But she won't be at home forever!

She already spends most of her time at the dorms. In just a few short years she'll be living completely on her own.

"So when are you going to have the baby? He'll be cute, right?"
Juibi asks which should go without saying.

[Drako Street Bakery]

Aaww...

Ambrosia didn't want a cookie.

Well, Lex will eat another one for her then.

"Food magic and alchemy are a little different," Lex reasons. "One's kind of casting spells INTO the things you're making. But with alchemy you don't really need to be able to cast spells to do it. I sure can't! You just need the right stuff to make your potions and things. And you need to know how to make them, too. Because knowledge is power and reading is radical!"

Then he makes a rather silly snorting noise.

"Which I guess makes me *snicker* a book wyrm!"
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

Streets (Of Arcane Rage)

Ah. Harley had been afraid of that. No happy ending here, and no real impact on his curse. If anything, bringing the message back that Jubi had no interest in seeing her ex ever again would be a negative mark on his mask, since it would likely make the man feel worse. Still, she's made her views very clear, and he doesn't exactly want to argue... but maybe he can get a little more information at least.

"Your message is perfectly clear, kind lady," he says, nodding respectfully. Then he hesitates. "If I might inquire- and if this is overstepping, you need only say so- but can you give us more information on what your ex husband did? Clearly he's deserving of much vitriol, but there are many acts that could earn such ire, and if he's done something truly dangerous and despicable, I'd like to know so I can warn others not to associate with him, and avoid him myself." Of course, it's entirely possible that it's just a minor quarrel and Jubi just holds a mean grudge, but it would be unwise to mention the possibility aloud.

"Additionally, he did journey between worlds to find you, so it's unlikely that just telling him to go away will stop his efforts. If he's unsafe, then we could give him an entirely misleading message so he directs his search elsewhere, avoiding further unwanted communication." And if that is the case, then this quest can be salvaged a little after all.

To Lore & Game

-all still learning how to- echoes Octavia thoughtfully, -perhaps the same could be said about any skill, for true mastery cannot be an end to learning, but just a step on the path. your words are wise, micah cardcaptor- Or at least, she seems to think so.

The angel watches curiously as Micah readies the disk and draws his card. Her halo transforms into an ancient looking video camera, making a faint clicking sound as she records his actions. Clearly she's not sure what to expect- but a giant demon popping out of the earth is not it.

As the monstrous figure stands and growls, Octavia steps back in alarm, then in a flash of light she's in front of Micah, her halo transformed into a sword wreathed in white flame that she raises in a defensive posture. -stand down, fallen one! no harm will befall those under my protection!-

The duel disk may have made the game a little too real.
horses can attack and eat me
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Jubilee again stares between the two of them, looking first to Harley, then Raheeda, then Harley again, then finally settling again on Raheeda, jerking her thumb back toward the masked man. "Is he always like this?" She asks, her tone no more helpfully un-vague than her diction.

But... fine. Whatever. She's probably not going to see either of these two again, might as well use them for a little external processing.

Which is to say, traumadumping.

"Where do I even begin?" Jubilee frowns, leaning against her scythe. "...Okay. You ever get into a relationship with someone crazy and think to yourself 'I can fix them'? Apparently he was thinking the same thing about me, and he thought repeatedly dunking me into the Shadow Realm- long story, won't get into it- was the way to go about doing it. Every time I came back out I was a different person. Usually in a different place and time, no less. So, you can imagine how I felt about that when I pieced together what was happening."

She scoffs. "And if that wasn't bad enough, the man had the gall to cheat. He'd sleep around with the palace maids while I was busy trying to put my brain back together. I found out when one of them broke down and told me; didn't even hear it from him, the prick." Jubilee crosses her arms. "And that's without getting in the weeds about him being their boss and king besides. Nothing good about that at all." She scowls. "Is that enough? Do you get the picture yet?"
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Raheeda's eyebrows raise. Like what? Asking things?
She hadn't know Harley for that long but she supposed now that Jubi pointed it out he hadn't really talked to her like that before. Being all... wordy. Or maybe he had and she hadn't really paid attention to it at the time.

"Ehh... no." She finally replies with a small shrug though isn't sure how to even elaborate on that answer.

And with that Jubi starts sharing.
Hopefully what Harley said was true and they wanted this information since she could barley put it all into context.

Within her tribe marriage wasn't really a thing. It was seen as putting the community second to someone else as far as she understood it. Not that she really had thought a great deal about it.

But what Jubi was sharing made marriage seem like a pretty awful deal which made Raheeda consider the other examples of marriages and non-marriages she had seen.

Arinema hadn't married but she was in a scissor relationship with the bar-lady, Skreek was married but she had barely seen his wife. And Hound... well, she wasn't even sure marriage had been invented in the time where he came from.
Oh and then there was all those fey queens and kings causing ancient rivalries and stuff.

Honestly, it seemed way too complicated for her taste. So maybe her people had it right this time around.

Then she heard the word Jubi say the word 'cheat' and suddenly recalled, she had been supposed to be listening to her this entire time. Better make a comment to make it look like hadn't missed anything.

"Cheating, like going against the rules of the marriage? Wow." Humans must be pretty serious about that sort of thing, right? "He seemed like such a nice guy when I meet him. Do you want us to tell him something back?"
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Draco Street Bakery

'Book wyrm'? Was that an actual term? She hadn't-
Oh, as in worm. Like book worm.

She smiles politely at the joke.
However, it did remind her of something which she felt urged to include in her notes.

Wyrm, wurm and worm. If she remembered correctly, and she wasn't sure she did, those terms were all from the same word as it was derived from the word 'ormr' which meant snake. Suggesting a belief that snakes and worms were related but more relevantly that perhaps the wurms of her own world could exist in Lex's as well, or at least something like them.

"But speaking of wyrm, is that a specific kind of dragon or just another word for them to you?" She inquires, finding it curious that a simple joke, a pun really, might hold such intrigue.

But perhaps she had let herself get too distracted by Lex now so she turns to both of them. "It sounds like you're both, at least to some degree, are academic types though. So with tools like like glass tubes, books, kitchen utensils or indeed indoor spaces often being poorly adjusted to dragons do you find yourself favoring more physical activities?"

But a moment after she posed the question she suddenly remembered something and looked at Rowan. "Oh, but before I forget again, whose Simon and Eesha? Since I don't think you've mentioned them before."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Real Arcade

Agate draws another arrow back and shoots it at the approaching goblet, pulling another free after her first shot to prepare it if the goblet doesn't go down. If it does, she'll loose the arrow at the building itself, before she realises that Asami's gone inside it, at which point she growls and heads inside to follow.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Teacup Street

"He's small and shiny and knows how to fill a silent room." Jace says fondly.
"And of course he'll be cute. He'll be perfect. But I admit I don't know really anything about how all it works. Apparently this works entirely based on perception. I'm only showing because my point of reference is normal pregnant mammals. I don't know how long it'll take, what happens, or even what he eats."

Draco Street Bakery

Rowan seems unsure what Ambrosia means by her question.
"Physical activities? Like sports? I'm uh, not really built for it. And I wouldn't say I'm academic. I could never afford to go to college." He seems a bit sad about that.
"Simon's my boyfriend. He's from a different world and is under some sort of dragon curse. He came to the Nexus when a dragon ate him but instead he wound up here with her face. Eesha is the salamander you might have seen in the back."
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Real Arcade]

Upon coming in contact with the next arrow, the goblet dissolves in defeat.

The structure couldn't quite be called a building. There was no roof, or doors or anything more complicated than planks and spikes of word lining a path. Goblets approached around the corner, but the narrowness of the path made it easy to avoid getting overwhelmed due to the knockback the goblets suffered upon getting hit. Asami manages to take out a few, a briliant light suddenly shining at her feet for a few seconds before quickly disappearing.

Further ahead, both pathes led into an open field enclosed by the outer side barricades that could be partially seen when the structure was looked at from a distance. In the center of the enclosed field stood a full-fledged goblin, brandishing an appropriately-sized club which it rose to the air, sending out a battle cry. Further behind it stood a glass orb which projected a beam of energy that coaslesced into a violet spiral, numerous goblets periodically appearing in that position.
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

Morty wrote: Feb 04, 2024 7:32 pm [Hoshiki's Home]

Michalson is back here, against his better judgement, with the photo of Bunny's old body in his pocket. Will he walk away from here with his brain-box still attached to his neck? Perhaps.
Michalson can see the Arkham Street mansion has seen some repairs since his last visit. Not very good ones - the craftsmanship is poorly matched to the original structure and the painting's left unfinished. Looks like the master of the house tried doing everything by himself, with mixed success.

Someone's left a written notice on the front door: "Seaside visitors, go around and take the back door. Remember to write your name on the guest book!" The message is signed with drawing of a star. There's an arrow pointing to the left - the front door is locked and no-one answers to knocking, but if Michalson follows the instructions, he can go around the house and make his way to the garden. The destroyed shed has been replaced with a new one of fresh wood. Sandels's grave is where he left it, guarded by the inert husk of the metal horse. From the garden, there's an unlocked door leading to the mansion's kitchen. There's a young, short-haired girl eating cereals at the kitchen table.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Real Arcade

Agate jogs after Asami, trying to keep out whilst remaining far enough back that she's not in immediate danger from any accidental swings by Asami's character. She'll loose an arrow if there's a target of opportunity that doesn't pose a risk of hitting Asami; last thing she wants is to accidentally put a digital arrow in the back of Asami's head, that might leave her alone and undefended which would not be good.

When they reach what appears to be the centre of the structure, Agate gulps at the sight of the goblin. She's going to pull an arrow from her quiver, raise it to the bow, pull back and loose it straight at the goblin's head. It might be a better idea to destroy the swirly thing, but for now she's trying to put down the obvious boss.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Rooftop]

Heroes vs villains. The eternal battle between good and evil. We all know how this story goes: Brazen lunatics create chaos in the streets and brave individuals stop them in their tracks.

But something about this was different. A purported high-ranking individual of a government organization sent out a call to arms to the most prestigious of heroes. The type of guy with enough resources to know everyone's secret identities and their most fatal weaknesses. He'd send a personal message to anyone worthy beseeching them to meet him on the very rooftop he stood right now, dressed in a jet black suit with matching jet black sunglasses. He was a dark-skinned man standing tall and sternly with his hands behind his back, staring forward unwaveringly in anticipation of the earliest arrivals.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Streets (Of Arcane Rage)

Harley ignores the jibe- he knows he's being excessive. But it worked, damn it! Thanks to his wordiness, they now have the other side of the story.

And what a side it is. With each word from Jubi, Harley's mouth tightens in anger. Although he has extremely little romantic experience himself, in his years as the Trickster he witnessed many relationships, and he has a profound distaste for those who treat badly the ones they care about above all others.

Sure, she could be lying. But he doubts it- she doesn't know them, and could have easily just refused to answer if the truth made her look bad. His fists tighten, and he nods slowly.

"I get the picture. My thanks for sharing your story. With your leave, I'll make it very clear to your ex that he should abandon this pursuit for good." This feels like a very lovely opportunity for Harley to indulge in a little darkness without feeling too guilty about it. That doesn't happen too often.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

"Yes, cheating as in sticking his sceptre in anything with a hole and a pair of tits." Jubilee snaps, fuming. "While his wife was in the other room, still dissociating like a crazy person. Which again, was his damn fault in the first place." She adjusts her grip on her scythe, smoke pouring off her shoulders and into the cloud overhead again. "The man wouldn't even touch me. And given what he was doing, morality clearly wasn't a factor in that decision. I could at least respect it if it was, but no. No, he just outright lost interest. And rather than sit down with me and have an honest discussion about that, maybe give us a chance to bring back that spark or at least split on somewhat amiable terms, he tried to have it both ways with changing me against my will and sampling as much of the maidstaff as was possible."

Jubilee sticks out her arm, pointing her thumb firmly in a general hellward direction. "He got off very lightly with some property damage and a 'Dear John' letter. So yeah, if you could 'encourage' him to leave me alone, I'd authorize everything up to lethal force. The bastard doesn't deserve any mercy."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Raheeda really felt like she should start writing some of this down as she listens intently to Jubilee's rant.

Scepter (stick?), pair of tits (pretty sure this meant milkers), dissociating (???), amiable (good?), authorize (???).
So many new words.
As she then starts talking about what seems like the lack of sex Raheeda felt the urge to ask something about the community sex but she felt that wouldn't go over well. She already knew that humans she had met so far didn't practice that and even if they did it probably wouldn't work with the marriage thing.

Except if you broke the rules like their quest giver had done of course.

"Yeah, uh, he doesn't sound very good." She can only agree after the rant finishes up. She had glanced at Harley at one point during the storm of words and his visible reaction had confirmed it.
Their quest giver had broken the human laws a lot and was one bad human dude.
"I could kick him in the dick if you want?" Raheeda nervously inquires as according to Arinema it was a suitable punishment for someone like him.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Draco Street Bakery]

Is a wyrm a...

Hmm.

That' a good question!

Lex has to think about that one.

"Mostly people use the word wyrm for dragons that are really big and powerful; not cute little guys like me," Lex replies. "I was just making a joke. Maybe not a very good one."

After all, Ambrosia didn't laugh. Neither did Rowan.

They can't all be winners, right?

"I think dragon and wyrm are just different words for the same thing from different languages? I'm pretty sure 'wyrm' is the Dwarven word and 'dragon' is the Mannish one,"
Lex recalls. Then he gives a little laugh when the subject of physical activities and academics come up. "I'm in PREP's 'Cursed Hero' program; I do lots of both. You need strength AND smarts if you're going to explore delves."

Some people would disagree with that assessment but Lex prefers a balanced approach. He isn't the smartest or the strongest or the most nimble, but he's got a strong mix of all three.

[Teacup Street]

Small and shiny and knows how to fill-

"Oh, is he chatty?" Juibi asks.

She's pretty sure the answer is yes. Chatty people are fun! Especially if they're clever, too. Then you can bounce cleverness off each other! It's great!

"I bet I'll hear all about it! Khannie and Mary are pretty popular around school and when her little brother is born she'll probably tell EVERYONE," Juibi laughs. "My siblings are a little more boring since they're all just me. You know, slime splitting and all."

That's kind of weird, right?

The idea that a person can just split into two people?
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Destiny Temple]

As Hiep feels her mind buckle under the strain, she does the only thing she can think of, which is defense via offense. She charges, leaping into the air and trying to crash into the approaching figure in a flying kick capable of breaking down a wall.

[Hoshiki's Home]

Seaside visitors? Is this berk doing sight-seeing tours now? Never mind. Michalson makes his way as directed, then encounters an unfamiliar person.

"Uh... hello. I've got business with the owner of this place," he says.
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Hoshiki's home]

The girl freezes, mouth wide open, spoon halfway there, spooked by another person barging in. She takes a moment to relax and recover herself. "You're out of luck", she says, continuing her meal between words. *crunch* *crunch* *gulp* "Ah. The man comes and goes. Sometimes to the shore, with that weird robot pupil of his. Sometimes other places. Doesn't explain himself too well." She twirls the spoon in her mouth and thinks. "Now that I think of it, he's been away for a while? Eh. Not my concern. He rents rooms for cheap, that's all I care about." She resumes eating, then stops and points the spoon at the kitchen counter. "Oh! If you plan to stay, jot your name down. Or even if you won't. I guess you could leave a message too. It's not, like, super secret, is it?"
TeChameleon
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by TeChameleon »

[Rooftop]

A small figure, well-concealed in the depths of a loose red hoodie, appeared in the rooftop doorway, then stepped hesitantly onto the roof.

Eddie didn't like being this high off the ground; without contact with the earth, he barely had a fraction of his normal abilities. If this was a trap, he would be in some trouble. Still, whoever had put this call out had significant resources, given that they'd found him within a ludicrously short time after he'd signed up with MERC, and they'd made it seem important.

He wasn't sure that he was a 'hero', exactly, but he was sure he didn't want innocent people getting hurt, especially if he could do something to prevent it. If he could get payment in the process, at least enough to stay alive, so much the better.

The little red-hooded being approached the man in the black suit and matching shades... Always the dark suit and dark glasses with these types... Eddie thought idly... and then came to a stop in front of him, the hood tilting back a little, indicating that Eddie was (probably) making eye contact.

If the supposed government agent was the type to notice these things, he might take note of the fact that Eddie had stopped at a range that was just out of easy reach for him, but close enough that he'd have to do an awkward half-step-shuffle to strike or grab Eddie, whilst the little golem could lunge forwards with relative ease.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Rebonack wrote: Feb 12, 2024 4:34 pm
[Teacup Street]

Small and shiny and knows how to fill-

"Oh, is he chatty?" Juibi asks.

She's pretty sure the answer is yes. Chatty people are fun! Especially if they're clever, too. Then you can bounce cleverness off each other! It's great!

"I bet I'll hear all about it! Khannie and Mary are pretty popular around school and when her little brother is born she'll probably tell EVERYONE," Juibi laughs. "My siblings are a little more boring since they're all just me. You know, slime splitting and all."

That's kind of weird, right?

The idea that a person can just split into two people?
Teacup Street

"Yes." Jace answers without a hint of judgement on that part.
"You might get to meet him if the staff allow. We don't know what he will eat, but unicorns feed by being around people who have thoughts they're attuned to. I'm determination. He'll need to get lots of nutrition and since unicorns are weird he might need to be around people right away instead of doing the normal thing and feeding off- well I guess that's me in that equation. But I don't do that." He's insistent about that.

"Do you split often?"
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Streets (Of Arcane Rage)

Harley is only getting more furious as the tale continues. This is beyond normal awfulness into the absurd. The cheating is bad enough, but the callous disregard of those he hurt combined with the mental and magical manipulation? That's just disgusting. Even on Harley's worst days, he would never have done stuff like this.

He's silent for a moment after Jubi finishes, then smiles. It's not a nice smile. "My thanks for your permission. I'll make sure you never have to worry about him again."

Raheeda's question make him exhale a laugh through his teeth. "Yeah, that's a good start, but I'll be doing more than that. Where did he say to find him again, Trog's?"
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Teacup Street]

"Oh, that would be fun!" Juibi says, giving another little bounce. "Khannie is pretty unicorn and her little brother would be an ADORABLE unicorn."

Clearly.

"Do you know what kinds of thoughts he 'eats' yet? Unicorns don't just gobble thoughts right out of someone's head, do they? That would be a little bad if people around you felt LESS determined," Juibi wonders.

She hasn't felt any less determined since she almost fell on Jace so she's guessing the answer is no BUT! Having a firm answer is still important!

"I haven't split that much; mostly I try to avoid it but sometimes accidents happen,"
Juibi replies, nodding her head firmly. "It doesn't help that slimes are ALWAYS hungry and I don't really ever feel FULL. I just get bigger and bigger until I split. But I get a little smaller if I don't eat enough, too. So we all try to watch our weight, haha! If there are too many of us PROBLEMS might happen."

Well that's a really cryptic statement.
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Gold »

[To Lore & Game]

"Oh, uh... you really think so?" Micah asks bashfully. Maybe there was more to his brother's sayings than he gave him credit for...

The Duel Disk recognises its owner's Duel Monster being ordered around by a voice that is decidedly not its owner's, and responds by having the holographic demon simply stare bemusedly down at the young girl raising her sword against it. A smattering of laughter can be heard from some of the older students who already know exactly what's going on here.

"W-Wait, it's not a real monster, Octavia!" Micah blurts out in a panicked voice as he raises his hands in a 'calm down' gesture.

"And, even if it was, it won't do anything unless I command it to! Watch: Archfiend's Awakening, switch to defense mode!" Immediately after Micah says this, the monster gets down on one knee in front of Micah and crosses its arms in front of its chest as if about to block an attack. Its entire body becomes a muted shade of blue, signifying the change to defense position. "See?"
TASBot TALBot Solenoid Changer
"You monster!" -Gold Elemental - The Order of the Stick
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Teacup Street

"No, we are nourished simply by being in the presence of people who exemplify what we are. But it took me and Khannie a bit to figure out what our domains were, so I am a little worried about him. He'll be newborn and he won't be able to simply turn to his mother for that like well, a normal foal would."

Jace doesn't see why there being too many of her being a problem is cryptic. Having more than like, three of you in one place seems like it would just get annoying. "Well I have been told to be wary of magical fox proliferation so I'm sure it's similar with slime-dragons. Just don't go end up a fox-dragon-slime because then it will be more of a problem, yes?"
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Teacup Street]

"Ooooooh I see!" Juibi replies. "So you just need to figure out what kind of thoughts make him full really quick! That shouldn't be too hard, right?"

Surely it isn't difficult to learn the feeding habits of a metaphysical unicorn foal.

Also Juibi laughs at the idea of such an absurd and impossible creature.

"Like this?" she asks, quickly rearranging herself into what could generally be considered a fox like shape. She sproings back to normal almost immediately as if she were made of rubber.

...which she kind of is.

"I don't have to worry about that any! Magic that changes something into something else doesn't work on slimes for long. We just melt back into our normal shape. "
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Teacup Street

"Maybe, maybe not. It will help if he's born knowing how to talk. Unicorns kind of work however they want. Or at least think."
He snorts at Juibli's display.
"Trust me, I wish my family was so immune to such nonsense. I'm afraid we're still quite susceptible to that kind of magic. And my nature means sometimes I don't even need magic to make it happen." he admits. It's a little embarrassing but that's just what comes with all his power and immortality. Sometimes one of your sort-of-friends tricks you into making you halfway make yourself into a mare.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Teacup Street]

"That sounds like fun! Being able to work however you want. But maybe a little confusing, too," Juibi reasons, trotting along towards...

Well.

She kind of lost track of what she was doing and where she was going but chatting is fun!

"Aaww, I'm sorry! Maybe you just need to chug a potion of trueshape every morning! That'll help keep the polymorph blues at bay."