Home

Personal homes and private lots.
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: Home

Post by Shadowcaller »

Keeper wrote: Sep 28, 2022 5:08 pm Jim's Quest

Jim is eventually satisfied with how things look. He closes his eyes and does his best to go through everything so far.
"Okay, so: I am Jay, recently manifested ex-angel mehet vettir. I don't talk about what I did before now because I chose not to remember it, and I'm here because I wanted to do mortal things like helping with babies and farm work. I also selected some sort of wild cow for my vessel. I managed to procure a keg of wine and I am seeking Leer-Eye because I've heard satyrs know how to have run on the mortal plane. Or something. Okay."

Nightly Visit

Ok yeah wow that really did just get dropped all at once on Jim. He does his best to respond with something poetic.
"Well, from the sound of it you wouldn't want to be spending eternity up with the fey anyway. I think I'd rather know that whatever piece of me ends up down here will be where you are." wow that sounded really cheesy didn't it?
"And yes I always carry a bag. No pockets in kilts." Jim has a satchel on, like he very often does.
Jim's Quest

I should note that animals such as horses and elephants are also included within the mehet. Think large land-based animals of the same type. But that should be it. If you need any more assistance I still have a presence within your mind.
Which should be the last information Jim needs from Shadow Of Light for now, right?

Nightly Visit

Jaahlyn gives him a soft jab with her elbow. "Geez, don't say that, Jim. You'd think existential dread would be gone once you become immortal but now I'm just feeling it on others behalf instead. Besides, only the parts of yourself that you like hidden away from the world ends up here. Secrets you want to take to the grave so to speak." Jaahlyn let's out a small sigh.

"Anyway, sorry for getting so heavy on you. Let's just see if we can find what we want here." Having stopped for their brief conversations she moves forward again. Then suddenly for the first time in a while Jim can see something that isn't just more darkness and the cave floor.

It's a cave wall.

Though unlike the walls he saw while moving through that narrow passage there's colorful stones and gems covering it as far as Jaahlyn's light allows him to see. "See? There's some cool stuff down here too."
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Outside DFI]
Recaiden wrote: Sep 29, 2022 2:23 am This, at least, gets through to him. "You must have a great many gods then. In our old lands, we only ever spoke of three."
"I think that must be the difference, why we need such a division between mortal and divine."

"That might be the case," Askeladd agrees.
"I do thank you for answering my questions. I have learned much. If there's anything you're curious about, I'll do my best to return the favor. I am curious about these other two gods, however. Do they also dwell here?"
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

[Outside DFI]
Morty wrote: Sep 30, 2022 5:52 pm"That might be the case," Askeladd agrees.
"I do thank you for answering my questions. I have learned much. If there's anything you're curious about, I'll do my best to return the favor. I am curious about these other two gods, however. Do they also dwell here?"
"Ah, we do not speak of the old gods since leaving the plains some years ago." The centaur shakes his head.
"The gods that dwell here are Mist's folk. The night, and the sun, and the seasons, and changes."

"Where did the gods of your homeland come from - so many, and none of them ever lived like we do?"
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Jim's Quest

"Heh. So unlike Jaahlyn or Radigal, they have to make their vessel animal smaller when they manifest." A goat's legs have to be enlarged quite a bit to attach to a human torso, and even if Radigal was more or less just a big lion, he was a REALLY big lion.
"Yeah I think I'll be good." Now "Jay" just needs to finish her character. Obviously she left the angels because she wanted to do more free-spirited things and that will be doing physical things and possibly partying.

Nightly Visit

"Now that's what I'm talking about." Jim says with a smile, trotting up to the wall.
"I don't know what you paid, but at least we're going to be getting something back for it. Is there a danger of taking too much? Any baggage checks on the way out?" he asks her. After all he gave up a little piece of himself for this. He's filling his bag if he can.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[Palace of Tina]

Kirk lets her stand in silence for a few moments. Not least because he doesn't know how to approach her right now. Then steeling himself, he walks over to stand next to her. He looks out over the city as well. "Let's put aside Dena's situation for now. She made the choice she did and she had her reasons for it. There's no use agonizing over that. But, what do you want?"
~Images by Soushiyo
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Palace of Tina]

Fettina lets out a long, raggedly wet sigh. She shakes her head. "I don't know." Then, after pausing, "I know what I don't want. I don't want this little girl to think her mom could care less about who she ends up with. I want her to know somebody gives a shit."

She laughs a little brokenly. "Jesus, look at me! Assuming it's going to be a girl. If that doesn't signal issues, I don't know what does!" She starts to cry again.
Morty
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Outside DFI]
Recaiden wrote: Oct 01, 2022 5:44 pm "Ah, we do not speak of the old gods since leaving the plains some years ago." The centaur shakes his head.
"The gods that dwell here are Mist's folk. The night, and the sun, and the seasons, and changes."

"Where did the gods of your homeland come from - so many, and none of them ever lived like we do?"
Hmm, curious. Something he'll have to tell Mist about. Maybe he'll be able to dig a little deeper.

"In truth, I do not know for certain. They have always existed. They are a part of the world's workings. They care for their domains, or they should at any rate. I believe they came into being when the world did, however that happened. As natural as the tides and the sun's rising or setting."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Palace of Tina]

Kirk tries to put his arm around her shoulders. "I... get it, Fettina. I really do. It won't be like that, though. There's got to be something we can do to set your mind at ease." He offers. He's not sure what that is, but he doesn't want Tina to feel this way.
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Keeper wrote: Oct 01, 2022 5:58 pm Jim's Quest

"Heh. So unlike Jaahlyn or Radigal, they have to make their vessel animal smaller when they manifest." A goat's legs have to be enlarged quite a bit to attach to a human torso, and even if Radigal was more or less just a big lion, he was a REALLY big lion.
"Yeah I think I'll be good." Now "Jay" just needs to finish her character. Obviously she left the angels because she wanted to do more free-spirited things and that will be doing physical things and possibly partying.

Nightly Visit

"Now that's what I'm talking about." Jim says with a smile, trotting up to the wall.
"I don't know what you paid, but at least we're going to be getting something back for it. Is there a danger of taking too much? Any baggage checks on the way out?" he asks her. After all he gave up a little piece of himself for this. He's filling his bag if he can.
Jim's Quest

I suppose so. Mass isn't really something I consider much. Just inform me if you need any help coming in character and I'll try to help you the best I can. Shadow of Light answers before falling silent again.

Now it was all up to Jim. Or Jay perhaps.

Nightly Visit

Jaahlyn shakes her head. "Should be fairly straight forward from here. She won't bother us again unless we'd make a return trip so make sure you get what you came for. There's plenty of this stuff here so try to pick the best ones rather than just shuffle them into the bag. A lot of them might look valuable but are actually worthless." The satyr scratches the back of her head. "Eh, I'm never sure which is which though which is why I brought this book." She will hand Jim the paperback book that had been in her belt all this time. Finally revealing it to be a book about gems.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Jim's Quest

Jim is going to need to practice getting in character and making sure the Mask doesn't slip off, but after a few hours or so he should be able to get it off and go looking for a keg of wine and that bird that knows where to find Leer Eye.

Nightly Visit

"Okay. Well. We're looking for emeralds right now so let's turn to the chapter on green stuff." Jim accepts the book and flips through it, trying to find something that looks like the gems on the wall.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Nightly Visit

I feel it can be assumed that Jim will find whatever gem he's looking for in the book. Indeed, the gathering can mostly be handwaved as while they will have to look around for a while, nothing special happens.

They're just surrounded by empty darkness and whispers.

"That should be all, right? Since I don't we can carry much more and we might have to cross a river or two on our way back." Which sounds strange as they didn't cross any rivers on their way here...
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Gullara wrote: Oct 06, 2022 2:56 am [Palace of Tina]

Kirk tries to put his arm around her shoulders. "I... get it, Fettina. I really do. It won't be like that, though. There's got to be something we can do to set your mind at ease." He offers. He's not sure what that is, but he doesn't want Tina to feel this way.
Palace of Tina]

"I can't think what that would be, just now," Fettina says bitterly. She chews her lip and her head dips toward the city, then rises to face the sky. "I gotta... I gotta fly. I need air." She swallows and looks at him. "How do you do with flying, Kirk?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Nightly Visit

"Yeah, I'd say an entire bag of gemstones is probably enough." Jim says with a grin, shaking the bag. He certainly seems to be in better spirits than before. But bags of treasure tend to do that.
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

[Outside DFI]
Morty wrote: Oct 03, 2022 5:42 pmHmm, curious. Something he'll have to tell Mist about. Maybe he'll be able to dig a little deeper.

"In truth, I do not know for certain. They have always existed. They are a part of the world's workings. They care for their domains, or they should at any rate. I believe they came into being when the world did, however that happened. As natural as the tides and the sun's rising or setting."
"Well, the sun always rises and sets on time. But your gods are not that reliable neither, huh? Even though, well, like I said, we don't spek of them." The centaur waves at the (now just ahead of them) pillars of the temple, where Askeladd could find broader information on the current (and maybe even former) gods.
There's only so much to be heard from a single member of the herd.
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Nightly Visit

"Then let's get out of here." Jaahlyn gestures for him to follow and takes Jim's hand before they start to head out.

They walk for perhaps ten minutes tops before Jim suddenly can hear the sound of water and soon he can see just that within Jaahlyn's light radius.

It's a river. Just like she said. It's waters almost as black as everything else in here.

Did they take a different route this time? It would be impossible for him to tell as everything has looked the same and as he can barely see anything it's difficult to get any sense of direction.

"We're almost there. Just need to cross this river." Which seems impossible distance wise but it made as much sense as everything else in here. "I... could make 'wet dream' joke here but I'm going to spare you that." And yet she made that comment. "Important note though, you don't want to get any of this water into your mouth. So there's no chance we'll be swimming across."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Nightly Visit

Jim glances in both directions. He's not seeing a way across the river. It seems pretty big.
"So...is there a boat we're going to take or something? Or is there a shallow spot somewhere?" he asks her.
He is curious about how they didn't cross before but he doesn't think the underworld follows any rules a mortal can comprehend.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

Murkus wrote: Oct 07, 2022 9:24 pm Palace of Tina]

"I can't think what that would be, just now," Fettina says bitterly. She chews her lip and her head dips toward the city, then rises to face the sky. "I gotta... I gotta fly. I need air." She swallows and looks at him. "How do you do with flying, Kirk?"
[Palace of Tina]

Kirk's eyebrows raise slightly. "Not a problem. It takes a lot to faze me." He replies with a small shrug. "Is that an offer?"
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Keeper wrote: Oct 08, 2022 8:15 pm Nightly Visit

Jim glances in both directions. He's not seeing a way across the river. It seems pretty big.
"So...is there a boat we're going to take or something? Or is there a shallow spot somewhere?" he asks her.
He is curious about how they didn't cross before but he doesn't think the underworld follows any rules a mortal can comprehend.
Nightly Visit

"I don't which river this is by just a glance since there's several of them and the area around them always changes." Rather than looking to the sides Jaahlyn seems to be peering across the river. Something which unfortunately is impossible for Jim as the light doesn't get that far out.

He unfortunately can't see much to the sides either and not any part of the river that might be cross able.
"This must be ankharon." She looks to him. "You can tell by it's width." Then the satyr holds out her hand and within it appears a black oar which might remind Jim or Jaahlyn's scythe since they're made of the same shadowy material. "Think I can ferry us across it, we just need to wait a bit."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Spookysitting]

Valerie had asked Leis about babysitting, and the occasion has come up! At this point Val and Astrana have given Leis the lowdown, a little tour of the apartment, and said bye to the kids for the evening. "And if you need anything, anything, just call us, okay?" Val emphasizes as they stand by the door. Astrana is already waiting in the hall outside. "Any last minute questions?" She smiles.

The kids had been following them around for all this, and are hovering in the general vicinity while they wait for their parents to leave.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

[Spookysitting]

"Of course!" Leis assures, nodding eagerly as she puts away the small notebook she's been using to jot a few things down. "I think I've got everything, but I promise I'll give ya a ring if I run into something I can't handle. You two have a wonderful night on your date, okay?"
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Spookysitting]

"We will. Don't let the kids wear you down." Valerie titters, then she leans in to Leis to give her a little peck on the cheek in parting.

From behind them there's giggling and an eruption of quiet whispering. Leis might feel the pressure of four sets of eyes watching her. Val pulls away slightly and looks over Leis's shoulder. "You kids behave for Leis, okay?"

Looking back will reveal the four quadruplets watching the two intently. Rosabel and Orlane are whispering behind their hands to each other. Only Maha seems uninterested, instead more keen on putting her feet in one of her sisters' larger shoes. "We will, mommy." Jaazha reassures sweetly.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Spookysitting]

Leis's eyes widen in surprise when Valerie leans in to kiss her, her cheeks darkening when she hears the flurry of hushed voices behind her. "U-um, yeah, of course!" She looks over to the kids and puts on a smile. "So! Does anyone want to help me figure out what to cook tonight while your moms are away?"
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Spookysitting]

"Bye bye." Valerie waves and slips out the door before her own cheeks get much darker.

Eshe bounds up to Leis. "Yeah! We can help. I'll show the way." She declares before grabbing Leis's hand to drag her along. She'll lead the way down a couple turns through halls and then into the large kitchen. It wasn't quite apparent what the layout of the place was from the outside, since it is an apartment building, but each unit must be huge.

The kitchen is outfitted with shiny metal appliances and a large island in the middle of the space. It's nice and tidy, perhaps because they knew Leis would be there.

Behind them the other kids follow, Jaazha leading Maha along. Rosabel and Orlane are still whispering and giggling to one another.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Spookysitting]

"Oh! Uh, thank you!" Leis is all too happy to let Eshe take the lead, glancing around as they walk through the halls. Wow, how do they have so much space? Astrana's position must really pay well.

"Do you girls do a lot of cooking with your moms?" She asks, looking between the quintet once they step into the kitchen - and trying not to pay too much attention to Rosabel and Orlane gossiping if she catches it.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Shadowcaller wrote: Oct 13, 2022 7:24 pm Nightly Visit

"I don't which river this is by just a glance since there's several of them and the area around them always changes." Rather than looking to the sides Jaahlyn seems to be peering across the river. Something which unfortunately is impossible for Jim as the light doesn't get that far out.

He unfortunately can't see much to the sides either and not any part of the river that might be cross able.
"This must be ankharon." She looks to him. "You can tell by it's width." Then the satyr holds out her hand and within it appears a black oar which might remind Jim or Jaahlyn's scythe since they're made of the same shadowy material. "Think I can ferry us across it, we just need to wait a bit."
Nightly Visit

"I'll take your word for it." Jim isn't being sarcastic. He's quite trusting of Jaahlyn's talents.
"Oh, you're gonna hail us a boat? That works." He can't imagine what else an oar would be used for in this context.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Spookysitting]

"Yeah lots!" Eshe agrees quickly. Then she looks at her sisters. "Rosabel doesn't, though." She observes.

"It's boring." The other girl emphasises. "Maha doesn't either."

"She's a baby. She can't cook." Jaazha chimes in.

"I'm a big girl!" Maha speaks out for herself, stretching to her tiptoes to emphasis the point.
~Images by Soushiyo
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Gullara wrote: Oct 12, 2022 2:21 am [Palace of Tina]

Kirk's eyebrows raise slightly. "Not a problem. It takes a lot to faze me." He replies with a small shrug. "Is that an offer?"
[Palace of Tina]

"Yeah," she says, and looks right at him. The tears on her face are strangely beautiful in the sun. Like streams of molten glass. The angel holds out her hand. As she does, the window pops from its frame and begins to slide up into a slot in the ceiling. This high up, the wind is constant, and it nearly knocks the pair of them back on their heels as it comes into the room like silent thunder. Tina spreads her wings and it scythes through that invisible pressure as though it were never there.

She tries to drag Kirk up against her front. They've always been about the same height. Molded perfectly for each other. Tina closes her eyes for a second, clearly just relishing the closeness of another body. Then, unless Kirk objects... she'll tip them over the edge into a ten story free fall!
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Spookysitting]

"oh, it definitely gets boring once you have to wait for everything to actually cook - but you can have so much fun throwing everything together!" She giggles. "Though if you really don't wanna help out, maybe you and Maha can find something fun to do?"

Leis steps over to the counter and looks to see if the family has any cookbooks lying around, thinking for a second. "Anything you girls can think of that you'd like to eat tonight? Assuming we have everything in the fridge for it, of course."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Palace of Tina]

Sound is stripped away from them, and Kirk doesn't attempt to break that barrier. When she embraces him, he holds her back. It's easy, natural. Then comes the plunge. He makes no sound, not that it's gotten any quieter anyway, but his grip on Tina is notably more firm.

[Spookysitting]

Leis might note some cookbooks on a shelf built into the cupboards, though they admittedly look pretty dusty from here.

There's some musing before Eshe pipes up. "What about wedding soup?"

Rosabel scoffs. "That's so many ingredients." She complains.

"But it's good!"

Rosabel sighs and goes to scoop up Maha. The baby of the family isn't that small. It seems like some effort. "Come on, Maha, we're gonna get a beauty treatment while we wait." She declares.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Spookysitting]

"Wedding soup? Hm, that could be fun! Just as long as you don't mind helping out with all the ingredients," Leis pulls down a cookbook, blowing the cover clear of dust and leafing through the contents. "We should probably make sure we have everything first."

As she leads the other three girls to the fridge, she watches Rosabel and Maha leave the group with a quiet and approving smile. She'll have to remember to find something to do with them later so they don't feel too left out tonight.
~Welcome to Night Vale