Home

Personal homes and private lots.
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: Home

Post by Shadowcaller »

Keeper wrote: Oct 14, 2022 4:55 pm Nightly Visit

"I'll take your word for it." Jim isn't being sarcastic. He's quite trusting of Jaahlyn's talents.
"Oh, you're gonna hail us a boat? That works." He can't imagine what else an oar would be used for in this context.
Nightly Visit

"...in a sense. Going to call upon another friend. This one is nicer though so don't worry." Jaahlyn dips the oar into the water and slowly starts to move it in a circular motion. "You might want to stand back a bit."
It doesn't take long until Jim can hear a series of flicking sounds and soon he can see a point on the river where the surface of the water seems to be at the point of breaking but does not. Like something heavy yet extremely light is resting on top of it.

And there is.

It took him a moment to realize since it was just as black as everything else in here but that's a thin yet long hairy leg which is somehow resting on the surface, stretching up endlessly into the darkness. Soon joined in by a couple more which all lead by to a unfathomable creature which must be holding itself above the water, just outside the light's reach.

"'ello there, lad." Jim can just barely hear a chittering voice say as one of the legs lifts itself from the surface of the water and stretches out towards Jim, stopping just in front of him.
"Ah-" Jaahlyn herself seems surprised by this. "Jim, this is Strider Of Woe. They're going to take us across."

"Strider's fine. Jim was it? Nice to meet ya' mate." The leg hasn't moved an inch from it's original position.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[Spookysitting]

"You don't know how to make it?" Eshe asks with a confused look. Then she jumps a bit when Jaazha gives her a jab in the middle of the back with her finger.

"People eat different kinds of food, Eshe." She reminds.

"I know that!" Eshe exclaims.

Meanwhile Orlane is in the fridge. "We got beef." She turns with a package of ground beef in hand.

"I think the recipe's in that spaller one with the rings." Jaazha points it out for Leis.
~Images by Soushiyo
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Outside DFI]
Recaiden wrote: Oct 07, 2022 10:27 pm "Well, the sun always rises and sets on time. But your gods are not that reliable neither, huh? Even though, well, like I said, we don't spek of them." The centaur waves at the (now just ahead of them) pillars of the temple, where Askeladd could find broader information on the current (and maybe even former) gods.
There's only so much to be heard from a single member of the herd.
"I find that the gods I know of are far less different from mortals than they would like to think." Askeladd looks to the temple. "I thank you for your help. I shall see what I can learn in the temple now."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Bellamy House]

Reinholdt and Harley arrive here, having things to discuss with the heads of the Bellamy household. Rein's on his bestest behavior and dressed moderately nice, though he's at least stopped avoiding Harley's gaze. Still, he quietly clears his throat and knocks on the door.

Knock knock knock.
► SHOW SPOILER
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Spookysitting]

"I've never had it, actually," Leis answers with a chuckle. "And thanks, Jaazha!" reaching up and retrieving the smaller cookbook, she flips through and plants her finger on a page. "Aha, here it is!" Orlane, do you want to help me find the rest of the ingredients?"
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Spookysitting]

Orlane smiles wide. "Okay!" She puts the beef on the counter and turns abc to the fridge. After a few minutes of the kids poking around, they find all the ingredients and have them piled on the island. "That's the last one." Orlane declares.
~Images by Soushiyo
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

[Bellamy House]

Harley's carrying their 2-year-old daughter, and stands a pace backwards as Rein knocks.

She debated a lot whether or not to bring Manja. Things shouldn't get heated, right? Probably would be best to not bring a toddler along, since the topic might get serious. But there were too many advantages to bringing a baby along: it'd give Harley an easy excuse to leave the room at any point. And it would definitely make Harley look a lot less threatening, too, so that's a definitive boon.

Manja, of course, looks terrifyingly cute. Big pink eyes with a dim, dark glow to them; a very large, very floofy white tail, white hair with naturally pink tips (opposite of Harley's black hair), and her ears definitely don't seem to match anybody's, since they look, sure, catlike on top, but they also have rabbit-like ear things that come down from them with golden...rings? levitating? one around each? and pink gems near each of the tri-tips? Or something. At least she's also wearing white and pink to tie it all together, so that's alright.

Oh. That's right. This is also a good chance for Manja to get out and be somewhere other than either under the sea or in a forested campground. Harley didn't think about that before but now she is, as she waits for the door to open post-knock.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Bellamy House]

Kitsuki pulls the door open, pausing there a moment to look between her three guests. Oh she's not ready for this. She's got just a casual maternity dress on, though it seems a bit strained for size despite its purpose. She really looks like she could pop right in front of them.

Thankfully instead she speaks. "H-hi, come in." She steps back to let them in fully. They're in a small space where there are discarded shoes and an open closet full of shoes and jackets. "I can take your coats." She offers. A short staircase leads several steps up, presumably into the main body of the home. They can already hear the sounds of kids' voices up there.
~Images by Soushiyo
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

[Outside DFI]

"Far less different. Have to keep that in mind, I will."
"Glad to help." The centaur nods and canters off back towards where he was working.

There's a clear main entrance to the temple, leading to its circular main hall.
There's an eclectic mix of benches, seats, tables, and cushions, as they have to accommodate visitors of all shapes and sizes. At the far end is a rounded stone altar with a painting of a starry sky behind it, a smaller shrine to its right, and an empty space to its left. Clockwise around the wall, a little separated, are a series of other little shrines. There's a couple of skylights at unusual, probably-astrologically-important angles.
There are two people here: an elf playing a harp over on the far left, and a ... indistinct figure in an elaborate black-and-white outfit, veils and sashes completely covering them, surrounded by a visible white aura of divine power. It is this person, the cleric, that steps up to meet the visitor.
"Welcome. What can we do for someone such as yourself?"
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Bellamy House]

Reinholdt has to actively look away from Manja. She's just so cute and Rein just wants to carry her. But, uh, Kitsuki's belly makes a significant distraction. Even though Rein's seen it once before, the gravid mass that's carrying three kids according to the doctor still defies Rein's sensibilities. If Kitsuki had come to him sooner, maybe he would have introduced her to Tovia so they can discuss back saving techniques.

Reinholdt looks up away from the consequences of his actions and clears his throat. "Thank you," Rein says, stepping inside, giving her his coat more because she mentioned it than actually wanting it off. He looks at the pile of shoes. Was this a shoeless household? How did humans get away with that without having pads and claws? What if a zombie got their toes?

Reluctantly, Rein removes his shoes so as to not offend and steps further in so as to not be in anyone else's way.
► SHOW SPOILER
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Spookysitting]

"Oh, perfect!" Leis looks through all of the ingredients. "Okay, lets begin the meal prep then. Orlane, do you want to get the spices for the meatballs ready? The rest of us can work on the vegetables.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Gullara wrote: Oct 15, 2022 5:05 am [Palace of Tina]

Sound is stripped away from them, and Kirk doesn't attempt to break that barrier. When she embraces him, he holds her back. It's easy, natural. Then comes the plunge. He makes no sound, not that it's gotten any quieter anyway, but his grip on Tina is notably more firm.
[Palace of Tina]

Fettina draws her wings in close. They surround the pair like a shell, covering them in shadow. She opens her eyes in that howling dark, momentarily staring Kirk in the face as the emptiness of the world rattles around them.

Moments from the ground, Fettina unfurls those great wings. They snap like whips, impossibly flexible despite their steely frame, and Fettina turns the dive into a glide moving at such a speed that it might well bring tears to Kirk's eyes. She soars over the heads of passerby, over all the assorted strangeness of Inside, and gains a little altitude. Litter, newspapers, hats and scarves go twirling up in their wake - along with an assortment of grumbles and grouches. Gradually the edge to their speed tapers off, yet they're still blazing through the streets, Fettina taking dangerous banking turns and twists that would curl the stomach of lesser men. Her wings dip close as she hurtles into barreling rolls or slides through narrow gaps. She laughs with the thrill of it, that tinny sing-song laugh that is hers and hers alone.

Then they glide past a pair of stained tenements and they're soaring, soaring over Inside's perimeter wall, soaring out over grasslands that roll like lover's bodies under vast green sheets. Fettina rides a stray thermal higher and turns her face up toward the sun. A few stray little teardrops glitter as they're stolen by the gusting breeze. Suddenly all is peace, and quiet, and they're alone with the sunshine and the sigh of the wind.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Spookysitting]

There's suddenly a knock on the door.

A very insistent knocking.

Who could that be?

If Leis looks out the peephole she can see a single red-scaled kid, about ten years old, with a rather elaborate outfit. The black robe with a matching pointy witch hat is classic. But what takes the outfit to the next level are the two skeleton puppets on strings that the kid is holding. Looks like they have dressed up as a necromancer?
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Nightly Visit

Jim bows.
"It's nice to meet you, Strider. It's always nice to meet Jaahlyn's other friends."
It isn't actually, after the last encounter. But he has always been curious about the other company Jaahlyn keeps. This one is much friendlier.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Outside DFI]
Recaiden wrote: Oct 19, 2022 4:40 am "Far less different. Have to keep that in mind, I will."
"Glad to help." The centaur nods and canters off back towards where he was working.

There's a clear main entrance to the temple, leading to its circular main hall.
There's an eclectic mix of benches, seats, tables, and cushions, as they have to accommodate visitors of all shapes and sizes. At the far end is a rounded stone altar with a painting of a starry sky behind it, a smaller shrine to its right, and an empty space to its left. Clockwise around the wall, a little separated, are a series of other little shrines. There's a couple of skylights at unusual, probably-astrologically-important angles.
There are two people here: an elf playing a harp over on the far left, and a ... indistinct figure in an elaborate black-and-white outfit, veils and sashes completely covering them, surrounded by a visible white aura of divine power. It is this person, the cleric, that steps up to meet the visitor.
"Welcome. What can we do for someone such as yourself?"
Askeladd bows respectfully, bending his moose form's front legs.

"I am a traveller from a faraway land, Askeladd. When I heard of your people's god, Mist, I wished to learn more. I dealt with gods often in my homeland, but this land's deities seem very different."
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

[Outside DFI]

He receives a slow nod in return.
"Kindly met, Askeladd. I am the High Priest of Message." The name of the person fulfilling the position is unimportant.
"The differences which say the most are that there are not so many gods here, and that they are largely alone and different, not organized."
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Spookysitting]

The food prep is going well, and Leis and the kids are a fair ways through the process before an urgent knocking echoes through the house! Leis straightens in surprise, glancing towards the door. "Oh! That's odd. I'll uh, go see what's up."

Walking over, Leis looks through the peephole and frowns. Wasn't it a little early for trick-or-treating? Still, it's just a kid out there - so she doesn't see the harm of opening the door halfway and giving the child a smile. "Um, hello. Are you lost?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Outside DFI]

Askeladd strokes his beard in thought.

"I believe one of your people told me that Mist follows Message. It seems similar to the hierarchy gods have in my homeland. But I could be mistaken."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

Murkus wrote: Oct 19, 2022 11:28 pm [Palace of Tina]

Fettina draws her wings in close. They surround the pair like a shell, covering them in shadow. She opens her eyes in that howling dark, momentarily staring Kirk in the face as the emptiness of the world rattles around them.

Moments from the ground, Fettina unfurls those great wings. They snap like whips, impossibly flexible despite their steely frame, and Fettina turns the dive into a glide moving at such a speed that it might well bring tears to Kirk's eyes. She soars over the heads of passerby, over all the assorted strangeness of Inside, and gains a little altitude. Litter, newspapers, hats and scarves go twirling up in their wake - along with an assortment of grumbles and grouches. Gradually the edge to their speed tapers off, yet they're still blazing through the streets, Fettina taking dangerous banking turns and twists that would curl the stomach of lesser men. Her wings dip close as she hurtles into barreling rolls or slides through narrow gaps. She laughs with the thrill of it, that tinny sing-song laugh that is hers and hers alone.

Then they glide past a pair of stained tenements and they're soaring, soaring over Inside's perimeter wall, soaring out over grasslands that roll like lover's bodies under vast green sheets. Fettina rides a stray thermal higher and turns her face up toward the sun. A few stray little teardrops glitter as they're stolen by the gusting breeze. Suddenly all is peace, and quiet, and they're alone with the sunshine and the sigh of the wind.
[Palace of Tina]

Kirk lets out a breath he wouldn't admit to holding as they rise into the air, settling for the moment. He lets out a breathy chuckle. "You've been flying a lot, haven't you? That was incredible."
Shadowcaller wrote: Oct 20, 2022 6:37 am [Spookysitting]

There's suddenly a knock on the door.

A very insistent knocking.

Who could that be?

If Leis looks out the peephole she can see a single red-scaled kid, about ten years old, with a rather elaborate outfit. The black robe with a matching pointy witch hat is classic. But what takes the outfit to the next level are the two skeleton puppets on strings that the kid is holding. Looks like they have dressed up as a necromancer?
Arkhosia wrote: Oct 21, 2022 3:39 pm [Spookysitting]

The food prep is going well, and Leis and the kids are a fair ways through the process before an urgent knocking echoes through the house! Leis straightens in surprise, glancing towards the door. "Oh! That's odd. I'll uh, go see what's up."

Walking over, Leis looks through the peephole and frowns. Wasn't it a little early for trick-or-treating? Still, it's just a kid out there - so she doesn't see the harm of opening the door halfway and giving the child a smile. "Um, hello. Are you lost?"
[Spookysitting]

The kids pause and wait for Leis to come back before they continue their food prep. Eshe and Jaazha talk among themselves, but Orlane is more curious. She makes her way to the door shortly behind Leis, but stops short and peeks around a corner instead to see what's going on.
~Images by Soushiyo
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

[Outside DFI]

The priest shakes their head slowly.
"You were told correctly, but other than the fact that there is a leader and follower, the similarities end. There is no further hierarchy of gods."
"A proper god is a rare thing. Though there are endless types of being with one thing or another in common."
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Palace of Tina]

Fettina sniffs and smiles, meek but plainly grateful. "Thanks. Yeah. I do it when I wanna get away a little. Nothing like it. Better than getting high, drunk, whatever. Maybe even better than--" she glances down at Kirk, eyes catching a brief twinkle, "Well, you know."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

Gullara wrote: Oct 19, 2022 3:54 am [Bellamy House]

Kitsuki pulls the door open, pausing there a moment to look between her three guests. Oh she's not ready for this. She's got just a casual maternity dress on, though it seems a bit strained for size despite its purpose. She really looks like she could pop right in front of them.

Thankfully instead she speaks. "H-hi, come in." She steps back to let them in fully. They're in a small space where there are discarded shoes and an open closet full of shoes and jackets. "I can take your coats." She offers. A short staircase leads several steps up, presumably into the main body of the home. They can already hear the sounds of kids' voices up there.
Reinholdt wrote: Oct 19, 2022 7:35 am [Bellamy House]

Reinholdt has to actively look away from Manja. She's just so cute and Rein just wants to carry her. But, uh, Kitsuki's belly makes a significant distraction. Even though Rein's seen it once before, the gravid mass that's carrying three kids according to the doctor still defies Rein's sensibilities. If Kitsuki had come to him sooner, maybe he would have introduced her to Tovia so they can discuss back saving techniques.

Reinholdt looks up away from the consequences of his actions and clears his throat. "Thank you," Rein says, stepping inside, giving her his coat more because she mentioned it than actually wanting it off. He looks at the pile of shoes. Was this a shoeless household? How did humans get away with that without having pads and claws? What if a zombie got their toes?

Reluctantly, Rein removes his shoes so as to not offend and steps further in so as to not be in anyone else's way.

[Bellamy House]

Clearly the reason why shoes and coats are taken is to make it harder to escape.
Only explanation.

"Hello," she responds.
Harley sets her kid down to make it easier to take off jacket.
And shoes, apparently, since Rein did it first.

Harley bends down to pick Manja back up, but Manja, of course, refuses. After all, there's stairs there and it would be humiliating to be carried up stairs when she's perfectly capable of ascending them herself. Harley sighs, grabs Manja's hand (so that she can help her walk up the stairs) and gestures for everyone else to go up first, since the toddler is going to take a while to walk up the stairs.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Spookysitting]

"Trick or treat!" The kid's voice can be heard from beyond the veil she's wearing over her mouth as she quickly puts away the two skeletons and holds up a colorful cloth bag expectingly. It's completely empty.

If she heard Lei's question she seems to have chosen to ignore it.

Nightly Visit

There's a moment of stillness once Jim has introduced himself, that hairy leg still hanging in the air in front of him.
Then finally Jaahlyn breaks the silence by reaching forward and taking the hairy leg as if it had been a hand and shakes it while she gives Jim a glance. Seemingly hinting for him to do the same.

"'Friends'?" Strider makes a strange chittering sound. In fact, it make take Jim a moment to realize that they wasn't actually saying anything. Just making a noise. "I am friends to all who crosses over. How else would they be able to overcome woe?"
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Outside DFI]

"I apologize for my presumptions, then." Askeladd inclines his head slightly. "Mist appears to be a local deity. Is Message more widely worshipped?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Nightly Visit

Jim reaches out and shakes the leg.
"Well that's nice of you. I imagine lots of folks who end up down here could use a friend."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Bellamy House]

Kitty takes the jackets and hangs them up on a convenient rack. No need to bother messing with hangers for a short term storage. That done she'll lead the way up the short set of stairs. She does turn back to watch Manja with a smile. No longer how deeply uncomfortable she is right now, cute baby is cute.

The apartment is far from unoccupied... it rarely is. Most notably, Obriane is waiting in the living room, immediately to the right of the top of the stairs. In the same room sitting on the floor and playing with toys are the toddler triplets, all about a year older than Manja. Annie is standing in the kitchen, bouncing a bouncy ball on the linoleum floor. She pipes up as soon as she sees Rein. "Hi Rein!" Lastly Ana is also around, wherever her player has placed her.
~Images by Soushiyo
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

[Outside DFI]
Morty wrote: Oct 23, 2022 4:54 pm"I apologize for my presumptions, then." Askeladd inclines his head slightly. "Mist appears to be a local deity. Is Message more widely worshipped?"
This confuses the priest. What is Askeladd plotting, that brings him to act with this cool politeness?
"Yes. There are members of our church in various cities across the Nexus. Though, who can say how Mist will be seen by people, further down the years?"
"How far has your name spread, I wonder?"
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Bellamy House]

Reinholdt would take Manja's other hand, but knows from experience she only accepts one hand of help. Still, he smiles encouragingly at her as she makes her way up.

A distraction occurs, something that Rein imagines happens a lot here, in the form of Annie. Reinholdt gives her a smile as well and a wave on top of that. "Well hey Annie. What have you got there?" Looks exciting! "Annie, this is Harley and this is Manja," Reinholdt says, introducing them each.
► SHOW SPOILER
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Bellamy House]

As Rein and Harley crest the stairs, they might noticed that amidst all the hustle and bustle of children playing, there is in fact a seventh family member present. Anastasia is sitting at the other side of the kitchen table, studiously attempting to ignore the loud rhythm of a bouncy ball rattling from palm to hand as she focuses intently on a bronze padlock, fiddling with a lockpick to manipulate the tumblers.

"Oh, um - hi." Ana only looks up once Annie and Rein exchange greetings, setting the lock down and removing an earbud from one of her ears. She smiles and offers the visitors a small wave, though her blue eyes regard Rein in particular with a sort of questioning curiosity. Rein... wasn't that-?
~Welcome to Night Vale
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Shadowcaller wrote: Oct 23, 2022 12:08 pm [Spookysitting]

"Trick or treat!" The kid's voice can be heard from beyond the veil she's wearing over her mouth as she quickly puts away the two skeletons and holds up a colorful cloth bag expectingly. It's completely empty.

If she heard Lei's question she seems to have chosen to ignore it.
[Spookysitting]

"Um-" Leis blinks, looks around and then spots Orlane. "Hey, uh, do you guys have any Spooktober candy? She doesn't feel comfortable with just shooing the kid off outright.
~Welcome to Night Vale