Riverside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Re: Riverside

Post by Ironsmith »

[Same time, different place]

<NymphoMania> ...I stand corrected. But the events of that night still would have been worse if she hadn't been there.

NymphoMania is typing...

<NymphoMania> You DO realize what you're asking, right? If I have to keep the two of you separated, that will mean the end of your involvement in this project. You won't get to stab any of my friends and you certainly won't be paid for it. Are you completely certain the two of you are irreconcilable?
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.

Tags:
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Angelic Aftermath]

"Or maybe just back to my apartment. Which has been called heaven, by some," Fettina says, uttering a tinny and melodic chortle. "Let me have a look."

She'll go over the items, though she's unsure how she can really help identify them. Except... they are kinda familiar. Had she seen them before, last time she was trapped in Telly's mansion? Is that how she's having these hints about them? That didn't seem right...

Either way, she'll explain the uses for the pyramid and the feathers. Definitely a bit more wary about the latter. If she's asked how she knows these things, she'll affirm that she just doesn't really know.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Gullara wrote: Oct 18, 2022 3:27 am [Fight or Flight]

The boy laughs. "Maybe. I'm still going to lean on that I was just helping you out. Probably means you can't stay too long, but you probably have to get home anyway."

Eliseo turns toward one of the gates, specifically a side door next to the main gate, and punches in a code. It swings upen and they step through to the courtyard. At the very least it looks like Eliseo's home isn't the most elaborate mansion in the area, but it's still quite rich.

"Alright, keep it low." He walks them across the courtyard, past the house, and opens a side door. He kicks his shoes off on a mat in the small porch area and then leads his way down a hallway. "Let's start with some ice, eh?"
[Fight or Flight]

"Yeah, as much as I'd like to hang all afternoon, I do gotta dip at somepoint." Atsede gives a low whistle as they approach Eliseo's place. "So this is where you live, huh? Nice."

Keeping it low isn't the Changeling's typical approach nor her strong suit, but she manages to keep it quiet enough as they enter. "Yup, I sure could do with some." She definitely looked like she needed it.
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

Recaiden wrote: Oct 17, 2022 5:35 pm [Into The Looking Glass]

Skye starts to spin on the wheel.
Huh. This isn't so bad.
Spinning faster.
Okay, maybe it's a bit dizzying.
And faster.
And shuts her eyes.

"Five!" she calls out first.
[Into The Looking Glass]

Undisturbed the act continues as Skye yells out another number.

"5!"

Another dagger is flung from Limuria's hand and its bullseye once more.

Then another shout another another dagger is thrown.
Again and again.
"4!"
Thunk
"4!"
Thunk
"3!"
Thunk
"2!"
Thunk
"1!"
Thunk
"1!"
Thunk

Close observers might note that there's a certain rhythm to Limuria's throws. Sometimes she waits a moment before throwing while other times she's throwing the daggers right away. Yet there is another noise, barely audible as Nye is quite eager to applaud each time the daggers strike true.

Taptaptaptaptap...

Since like any wheel of fortune there are pegs that collide with an arrow at the top of the wheel, creating that constant sound as the wheel spins.

Then finally, it stops.

Every dagger has struck true and the general is helped off the wheel. Still likely dizzy from the experience.

Limuria doesn't seem to doubt her own expertise though, or perhaps she's just listening closely to the applause, since she only takes off the blindfold once she's bowing before the guests again. "Thank you, thank you."
Last edited by Shadowcaller on Oct 22, 2022 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[Fight or Flight]

"Yeah I guess Irena inherited money from her... uncle or something? I can't remember exactly. It was before I was born." Eliseo shrugs, unconcerned. To him it's just life.

They enter the mostly tidy kitchen, aside from the pile of dishes in the sink, and Eliseo heads right over to the fridge. He pops the freezer open and fishes out a cold pack. He grabs the dish towel too and hands the pair to Atsede. "There you go."
~Images by Soushiyo
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

[Into The Looking Glass]

If someone wants to stab The General and make it look like a magic trick gone wrong, they had better hurry up!
Only a few throws left!

Skye is very dizzy when let off the wheel, probably stumbling against whoever is helping her down (another Limuria?)
But she looks quite happy. Sure, there's intrigue and murder going on - but also a spinning knife wheel! What a thrill!
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[MERC Office]

"Okay, that works. I assume we'll wait here for her to arrive-" Then something clicks, and the catgirl turns to Anika in surprise. "Hold on, twice? Were there that many fights during the concert?" If there was more than one incident between these two, then they really needed to make sure they patched things up.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[MERC Office]

Dipsnig sighs as Wenomir manages not to do the same. One Below, there's no room in Anika's big head for more than one thought at a time, Dipsnig thinks.

"I'm going to call her and hopefully she has some time to come by."

With that, he picks up his phone to try and do just that.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[MERC Office]

"Uh, yeah." Anika admits as she starts counting on her fingers. "I fought her one time at the club when I thought she had done something awfully demonic. Then again at the hospital since I thought she was coming by to claim Ava's soul or whatever. But now when I think back she did give up right away both times..."

Speaking of the devil-goat she does eventually pick up after a few signals. "Jaahlyn speaking."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[The right time and place]

Ilpholin's mind felt heavy with counter-arguments. How drawing people to sleep was hardly just counteracting something so people could leave calmly. The numerous times Ava told them to back off or else, leave her alone or else, stop or else, that all made things quite clear. What exactly it means to consider alternatives. But she could already tell it wouldn't matter. That arguing with this being was useless circle and a waste of time. That much was clear with Jaahlyn's very first sentence.

"... No, you wouldn't regret it, would you?" Replies the voice, icily. Ilpholin's not dealing with a creature that possesses the same emotions as most humanoids, the same understanding of right and wrong. Ilpholin needs to stop treating it as such. The nymph needs to figure out not how to negotiate with this creature, but how to manage this threat, without getting goated herself in the process. How to remove Jaahlyn from the playing board. It already displayed the ability to traverse the planes of existence so a mere stabbing wouldn't suffice. This would require a sundering, a banishment, an imprisonment. Maybe it's past time she stepped up her visit to the ponies...

"So what exactly did you come here for? I presume Marianne told you our first target will be in Northside's graveyard at the time she tells me. Do you need a disguise, is that it? Are you good at staying out of sight?"

<Slayer> Are you legitimately telling me you can't keep her fifty feet from me? Do you want her smiling and waving at your friends while I wring them through some esoteric morality test? Maybe she should be hugging them while I stab them. That won't be suspicious in any way.

Ilpholin really doesn't care if she loses the job, having already gained several things of value from it. It'd free her up to stab Marianne's friends the way Ilpholin wants to as well. Marianne might have trouble if those favors she asked of Jaahlyn aren't transferable to another demon hunter though.

<Slayer> You know what? It's fine. We'll work something out.

The reversal is unusually sudden and appears without any prompting from Marianne at all if she was still working on her reply.

[Angelic Aftermath]

"Or nowhere at all. Your body is pretty heavenly," Ilpholin points out appreciative of the skimpy clothes Tina has on. Which does remind her. "Are you in need of clothes? I can get some for you if you want."

The phyrexian nymph listens to Tina's explanation and nods along. "Well there you have it Anika, the lie detector you wanted." She's honestly surprised about that, but sometimes fortune favors the looter. "This figurine reminds me a lot of the old demon staff actually. It might have some controlling properties. I'll need to run some tests to be sure." Figuring out what it's made of and why it works was a big failing she had when she had possession of the demon staff, she'd like to not repeat those mistakes.

[Into The Looking Glass]

The shnk of dagger in flesh and the blood and the screaming was all but guaranteed. Any moment now. Any...

It's over? And no murder? Was this all a distraction? Another lull? If asked to repeat the performance on someone else, Ilpholin's refusing!

Still, she could certainly appreciate the skill required to pull off this feat and genuinely applauds Limuria's display.
► SHOW SPOILER
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Well. That sudden acquiescence is... worrisome. Marianne's not entirely convinced that Ilpholin's going to cooperate with Jaahlyn, and suspects she might need to intervene at some point to keep them from trying to kill each other. But... it's still an improvement over stalwart refusal to work together. She'll have to take what she can get.

<NymphoMania> That's better. If you need anything, let me know. Jaahlyn has my number, too, if something comes up and you can't get to your phone or something.
<NymphoMania> So... happy hunting, I guess? Feels weird to say it that way. Good luck, is the point.

[Into the Looking Glass]

Naturally, Siana spots the "trick" in Limuria's knife-throwing routine almost immediately. Working with a disability herself, she knows a crutch when she sees one. But, at the same time, the extent to which it could be called a "trick" is debatable; Limuria still has to be able to mentally track which segment is in her throwing line at any given time, still has to make her throws consistent, and still has to listen carefully to accurately gauge the speed of the wheel. As such, it's still a legitimately impressive feat, one worthy of applause, which Siana supplies with drummed-up enthusiasm.

And, hey, luckily for the General, that whole bit was much less traumatic than the two which came before it. She's even supposed to be earning a prize! Neat.
Last edited by Ironsmith on Nov 14, 2022 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Jaahlyn immediately hated this.

Her arguments certainly hadn't won her over, she could tell that by the demon hunters tone alone, but apparently it might have been enough to make her still consider them working together. Or perhaps she had just decided that it would be a good opportunity to kill her.

Ilpholin telling her to go fuck herself would have been so much more preferable. The only more concerning outcome she could think of would be if the demon hunter had actually suddenly admitted that she was wrong about her. That would have been the reddest flag she could have ever imagined.

She closes her eyes for a moment and lets out a small sigh.
"I... can keep a low profile if that's what you mean." She remarks as she opens her eyes again. "The reason I came here is so that we could have this argument now and not during the mission. Otherwise I will be able to act as a silent observer while you... do your thing. Since I assume that's how you'd want to do this, yes?"

[Angelic Aftermath]

Anika curiously follows Tina with her gaze as the angel is surveying their loot.

Once she then explains what they do, especially the 'lie detector', she grins widely. "Sweet! I'm so glad Ilpholin came up with the idea to raid the evil mansion." She raises her fist triumphantly. "Now, uh-" She looks to Ilpholin. "What did I say we needed the lie-detector for again?"

[Into the Looking Glass]

Once the performer has made her bows she turns back to the wheel of fortune as two other Limuria's are helping the general off it.
"Now let's tally up the numbers, 5, plus 5, plus 4, plus 4, plus 3, plus 2, plus 1, plus 1... yep! That's 25 folks!"

As she exclaims this the stage is showered with confetti which rains down from above. "Congratulations, you've won a dinner at bloodsongs with anyone of your choice at this- uh, party."

Hooray?
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Gullara wrote: Oct 22, 2022 8:35 pm [Fight or Flight]

"Yeah I guess Irena inherited money from her... uncle or something? I can't remember exactly. It was before I was born." Eliseo shrugs, unconcerned. To him it's just life.

They enter the mostly tidy kitchen, aside from the pile of dishes in the sink, and Eliseo heads right over to the fridge. He pops the freezer open and fishes out a cold pack. He grabs the dish towel too and hands the pair to Atsede. "There you go."
[Fight or Flight]

"Well damn. I know who to badger when I need a new board." She jokes. Once they're in the kitchen, she takes what Eliseo hands her, wrapping the cold pack in the towel and presses it to her face with a sigh of relief. "Ah shit, finally. I fuckin' needed this, thanks. So uh, where to now? Your room?"
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Weird William's

It's a dive bar. The windows are boarded over, the furniture is mismatched and damaged, with ripped covers and splintery legs. The carpet is stained, and the lights are dim and flicker badly. To top it all off, there's a raw stench of animal in the air. Nevertheless, to the right customer, this is a very popular bar.

Weird William's is the lycanthrope hangout in Riverside.

Today, the bar's splatter, an ogre, slouches on a sagging sofa, gripping a dented bucket full of cheap ale as he glares at the patrons. The slender Weird William himself, a half-elf with feline grace and piercing yellow eyes, mans the bar. Also present are a white bear wearing thick iron armour, a group of shady-looking twitchy humans gambling in a booth with large amounts of forged currency of various qualities, and a one-eyed old lady in a tattered grey dress slumped at the far end of the bar, a bonnet pulled tight over her head as she grips a glass of wine.

This is the pleasant environs that Aizkora returns to, Rust in tow, to try and get him more contacts with the community he's found himself an unwilling part of.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Weird William's

Rust himself is here under duress. The large ork is the unwilling host of Father Smilodon, who likes to "help" by making him grow into a massive murdercat/murdercatperson whenever he's stressed.
By all accounts this makes him a weresmilodon, even if it's not actually the same, and that means Aizkora has been trying to get him into the Weird William's community. Rust isn't particularly happy about this since the place smells, he doesn't even like being a cat half the time and the booze isn't even good.
He'll try to just order a drink and sit somewhere without talking to too many people. Last time that got him into trouble.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

Morty wrote: Oct 23, 2022 5:15 pm [MERC Office]

Dipsnig sighs as Wenomir manages not to do the same. One Below, there's no room in Anika's big head for more than one thought at a time, Dipsnig thinks.

"I'm going to call her and hopefully she has some time to come by."

With that, he picks up his phone to try and do just that.
Shadowcaller wrote: Oct 23, 2022 5:32 pm [MERC Office]

"Uh, yeah." Anika admits as she starts counting on her fingers. "I fought her one time at the club when I thought she had done something awfully demonic. Then again at the hospital since I thought she was coming by to claim Ava's soul or whatever. But now when I think back she did give up right away both times..."

Speaking of the devil-goat she does eventually pick up after a few signals. "Jaahlyn speaking."
[MERC Office]

"She was involved in that altercation as well?" Blanche frowns. Anika assuming Jaahlyn was demonic in the first instance was... disappointing, but understandable considering the circumstances. Assuming that she was going to try and steal someone's soul, though?
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[MERC Office]

"Yeah, she was already waiting outside Ava's room when I came there. But!" Anika declares, her voice suddenly raised. "I didn't actually attack her. That would have been... bad. Instead we, uh, argued. There had apparently been a bunch of demons let loose at the hospital and I vaguely remember the guards accusing her of being involved with it somehow? Or maybe it was Ilpholin doing that later. I can't recall that well. But, I never actually attacked her I just... punched one of the guards when they insulted me. That was... also bad." Anika looks increasingly sheepish.

"But we've had that discussion already." The druid let's out a small sigh before continuing. "So, uh, we technically never fought then as she stayed out of that fight for the most part. There was one time when she tried to get to Ava and I got really concerned since I thought she was going to corrupt her- or something. I wasn't sure honestly but she made a dash for the door but then just stopped when the guards ordered her to stand down- yeah, I think that was it." Anika makes a dismissive gesture. "But you know the rest of that story. I took Ava and got her to the moon well near VIGIL."
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Angelic Aftermath]

Fettina puts her hands on her hips and strikes an entirely needless pose at the compliment. "Clothes would be excellent! I'd rather not fly home like this." Even if the idea was kinda hot.

She doesn't have much more to add here, so she just watches the two ladies.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

"Such foresight. How wise of you," Ilpholin replies dryly. Her opponent was smart. Well as smart as anyone on this weirdly backwards mission could be. It would never trust Ilpholin. When she makes her move it would have to be openly, or at least somewhere the goat creature imagined Ilpholin wouldn't chance it.

"Yes, that's right. Just make sure Melody doesn't see you. I'll probably have a more active role for you when it comes to Stacy given she must display some form of selflessness, but I don't want to jump ahead and lose focus."

[Angelic Aftermath]

Ilpholin nods to Tina, though makes no movement to get up and deliver.

"I believe you wanted it to know when demons were lying to you?" Which is silly. Demons oftentimes believe their own lies! If you truly believe something to be true, can't that bypass a lie detector, even a magic one? Goddesses, spirits, all claiming they aren't demons when everyone knows better. But Jezebelle believes it. Others do too.

"Why don't you take the truth pyramid then? I'll take the feathers and eye figurine. That leaves the mask for our angel here," Ilpholin suggests, having seen the way Tina glances at the golden sheen.

At that time, the doors open and Mecha Squiggles returns, having an array of erotic classical drow clothing for Tina to choose from upon his back. How well any of it fits is... well there's only so much Ilpholin can do about that. The boob windows were all designed for Ilpholin's size.
► SHOW SPOILER
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Weird William's

Aizkora and Rust are given the best ale William has, which still isn't great. "You should talk to someone. That isn't me. I know hygiene tips to keep your fur soft and your teeth pristine, but that's about it. Someone here might be able to help, if you ask. Get you a job, or a gym that doesn't care about the smell of wet cat and has heavy enough weights." Some shifters have enhanced strength; Aizkora not so much in her arms, but Rust's alternate form is bigger than hers and might have its own abilities.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Weird William's

"I know how to take care of teeth." Rust grumbles. He's in school to be a dentist! And he's an ork so it's not even like people can say he's unfamiliar with having big teeth that stick out.
"And I do not smell like wet cat." he insists. He may actually smell like wet saber-toothed-tiger which might not be different.
He grumpily sips at the ale, wondering if his walrus friend is in today.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Weird William's

"That's because you're not working out right now." It's the sweat of exercise that brings that smell out, in Aizkora's experience. Well, that and rain, getting surprised by crocodiles, and occasionally fishing.

Vastr is here, blushing quite a lot as he talks to a slender elf with pale skin, red hair and eyes, wearing a fur tunic and leather breeches, a collection of knives hanging at his belt. The elf is drinking from a cup made from the skull of someone that had horns, whilst Vastr's got a drinking horn.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Weird William's

Rust groans and goes over to Vastr, giving him a friendly punch on the shoulder.
"Looking hale as ever, Vastr." Rust comments. From his body language, Rust is clearly willing to leave the compliment at that and go to someone else if Vastr is looking to be alone with the elf.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Weird William's

The elf raises an eyebrow at Rust's approach and actions. "Indeed he does. A most striking look, do you not agree?" He smirks and takes a swig from his skull-cup as Vastr blushes.
"O-oh, hi Rust. Uh, thanks. Um. This is Rust; that's his partner-ish person over there, Aizkora. Rust, this is Sanguina the Sleek. It's his first time in the city, but he's nicer'n Matilda. Same woods, though."
"May your arrows strike true and your enemies fall without a sound, Rust." Sanguina bows, dipping his head, shoulders and knees to lean forward. "Your partner is a Road Pirate? Their vehicles are loud, but their hearts are... mostly good. I got my knives from them."

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Weird William's

"Indeed, you couldn't do better."
Actually Rust thinks you could do far better. Vastr himself described his walrus-curse as "a blessing of blubber" and blubber is NOT the look Rust would want. His hint of belly is already more than he wants. But you don't say things like that when your acquaintance is clearly on a date.
"The same to you, Sanguina. I welcome you to our city. And yes, I'd say that. But don't mind me..."
Having confirmed that this is definitely a date, Rust attempts to extricate himself from the conversation before he annoys Vastr by ruining the mood. Even if that means wandering the bar alone again...
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Weird William's

"I am happy to be here. The buildings are bigger than I believed possible." He bows again as before, and Vastr claps a hand on Rust's shoulder as he leaves.

Aizkora's sat at a table with a dented tin mug. There's the old woman at the bar, watching as she sips a glass of sugar water. The panserbjorn is sat on its rear legs and humming. The men in tailored suits continue to gamble in their booth; Rust might know they're happy to let anyone join them.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Weird William's

Rust lets out a sigh. He isn't interested in gambling today. His luck hasn't been very good in a while.
How'd he get roped into this? He took a bet and now he's sitting around in this stinky place with a giant cat whispering in his ear. Aizkora is something good to come out of it at least. But otherwise this whole thing has been rotten luck disrupting his life. "Bad luck. Bad luck for weeks. End result: sitting alone in a bar and being a giant cat half the time." Rust shakes his head.

Of course Father Smilodon doesn't think he's disrupting much at all. He just thinks that Rust will be a good father to Aizkora's children and that he should really stop being so stressed all the time. And the spirit doesn't understand what his person is always doing with shiny boxes, squiggly papers, and doing silly things like deliberately not eating food right in front of him. Does he not want to be safe in case of famine? Does he not want people to know he can provide for himself at a glance like his walrus-friend? Truly he's lucky that he has Father Smilodon to look out for him and push him towards such obvious things.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Weird William's]

Really, sitting here and complaining about ill fortune? While such a close, wonderful friend is giving you such close, WONDERFUL advice? My my, aren't we ungrateful today? It's a shame is what it is. Shameful and BORING.

No one said that.

But the impression someone said it is all too obvious. Almost as if-

No no no, none of that. There's no need for other narrators, not while I'm around! Who needs some boring bland hum drum narrator when you have someone as melodious and clever and HUMBLE as me? Hmm? No one, that's who.

Now then!

As dear, sweet, BORING Rust sits around lamenting his UNIMAGINABLY BLESSED LIFE and how hard he has it, he can't help but notice some strange and fantastical things afoot! Things clearly the work of a wise and beneficent being who has heard his complaints and wishes to give him a nice little chaotic lesson in thankfulness. Sure, it isn't quite Thanksmas season yet but one can never start too early.

And in the spirit of Thanksmas coming early this year, it begins to SNOW inside the pub.

Imagine that!
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Weird William's

Well, the snow is certainly odd. And everyone reacts differently to it. The old woman by the bar disintegrates into cockroaches that start to vibrate to stay warm, her ragged clothes shifting and falling off from around her. The gamblers curse and mutter, glaring at Sanguina, who is gazing upwards with wonder like someone who's never seen snow before. Vastr puts an arm around the amazed elf, whilst Weird William starts to shiver and takes a gulp of whiskey. The splatter growls and takes another swig of his bucket. A barefoot halfling wearing a sleeveless dress pushes out of the door, but mostly the patrons get considerably hairier.

Aikoza stares with confusion at the ceiling, before finishing her drink and growing fur.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Weird William's

"Is someone talking?" Rust glances around but doesn't see anyone. And then snow!
"I'm not boring! Or blessed. I don't have it that bad either but I can still be annoyed at stuff, right?"

Rust doesn't have fine control over his shifting. He's either himself, a giant cat-man, or a giant cat. And since he doesn't have werecritter-proof clothes, that means he isn't equipped to just hulk out here.
Father Smilodon of course does not understand why he doesn't.

"Well. That's. Pretty. But cold." Rust mumbles, sipping his subpar drink. He's going to shut up there though. Better not sass the magical phenomena too much.
If things keep getting chilly he'll slip out of his clothes in the bathroom and swap to cat-shape. Father Smilodon takes control when he does that but Aizkora knows how to wrangle him. Rust know FS means well so he is confident that he won't do any harm. Or maybe he should just ask Aizkora if they should leave...