Home

Personal homes and private lots.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Home

Post by Morty »

[Outside DFI]
Recaiden wrote: Oct 24, 2022 5:10 am This confuses the priest. What is Askeladd plotting, that brings him to act with this cool politeness?
"Yes. There are members of our church in various cities across the Nexus. Though, who can say how Mist will be seen by people, further down the years?"
"How far has your name spread, I wonder?"
"In these lands? Not far at all. I am new here and I prefer not to draw attention to myself." Askeladd's answer is entirely honest. "In my homeland, I was a storyteller of some renown but I preferred to perform other deeds discreetly."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

[Bellamy House]

It's true. Cute baby is cute.

Manja makes her way up the stairs, having to bend sideways, a little, to get her leg up to the next step.
One
---step
-------at
---------a
-----------time
until she gets to the top.

She looks pretty proud of herself once she gets up to the top. She squats momentarily and lifts the base of her tail to assert dominance over the stairs.
Then looks around, to see who else beat her up here. Seems like a lot of people. There's so many of them, that they would make excellent subjects, the toddler decides. She approves.

To be honest, Harley doesn't really know the people here. She feels awkward, out-of-place, like she's somehow the homewrecker here. Somehow. It's weird. She doesn't like it. She's very glad that she brought Manja here, and also that she has a somewhat-practiced poker face so she doesn't have to show feeling this way. "Hi," she says when introduced.

She looks down, and notices Manja sometimes staring at the triplets playing, and sometimes turning towards the kitchen for the ball bouncing, figuring that Manja probably wants to play with them.
...Harley doesn't let go of her hand, though.
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

[Outside DFI]
Morty wrote: Oct 25, 2022 5:54 pm"In these lands? Not far at all. I am new here and I prefer not to draw attention to myself." Askeladd's answer is entirely honest. "In my homeland, I was a storyteller of some renown but I preferred to perform other deeds discreetly."
Akseladd seems to actually mean that. And sometimes things do call for subtleties like this. Which doesn't mean he's not about to make a name for himself.
"I see. Is it the stories or the other deeds that bring you to our lands?"
Maybe letting the moose-man open up about himself will bring this all into better focus.
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

Nightly Visit

Strider's limb moves stiffly as its shaken and pulls back into the water once Jim has let it go. The hair on it felt peculiar to say at least. Not like a dog or a cat's, or any other animal he might have touched in the past. It feels extremely soft, almost like touching silk. Incredibly warm too as somehow it's completely dry.
"'fraid people don't end up here, just parts of 'em. But I'm sure your gal's explained this to you already."

"Ehh, some of it." Jaahlyn admits as she turns to Jim. "But, ah, Strider is supposed to take us across if we climb up on him. He'll lower himself down and we just... climb up. Nothing's more to it really."

[Bellamy House]

It would be more accurate to say that Obriane was squatting in the chair than sitting in it. Since relaxing was something that was beyond her at this point.

She did know that this meeting was the right thing to do. Which was why she had never objected to it. Yet she had struggled so hard to accept that she wasn't personally responsible for what her 'other-self' was doing that it was now hard to be faced with what those actions caused.

Since this meeting was in a way about how she had in one way or the other had caused all of this.

Thus she had to take charge of the situation somehow and explain it all to them.

Once Rein, Harley and Manja enters she will surge from the chair as if lifted by springs and walk right up to the two to shake their hands stiffly. Including kneeling down to offer her hand to Manja if she didn't look too shy to do it. "Hello, great that you all could make it. Rein, Harley, child." She remarks, speaking quickly as if to not give herself or them a chance to think and more importantly, feel awkward. "So I'm a changeling-" Obriane starts before they can even sit down. "-and that means that I in some extremely rare cases don't have control over my actions, which is why we're here today." She attempts to hand Rein an old worn out book without a cover. "This- this is a book that my uncle have written on the subject. I'm going to attempt to summarize it as best I can."

She finally pauses. "Uh- but please. Sit down first."

Obriane gestures towards the seats that she had prepared for them. Even Manja had a little chair apparently.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[Bellamy House]

Annie hurries over to the three arrivals. "Hi!" She says to Harley and Manja, but her attention goes swiftly back to Rein. "Obi got this ball. It's so bouncy!" She holds it up for Rein to see better.

But then Obriane comes over. Annie looks up at her with confusion and Kitsuki rubs the back of her neck. Oh dear... "Ana? Can you take Annie for a little bit?" She goes over to where her purse is hanging by the stairs and pulls out a couple bills. "Maybe you can go to the corner store and get yourselves a treat." Annie looked ready to protest, but the promise of sugar changes her tune.
~Images by Soushiyo
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

Murkus wrote: Oct 23, 2022 3:32 am [Palace of Tina]

Fettina sniffs and smiles, meek but plainly grateful. "Thanks. Yeah. I do it when I wanna get away a little. Nothing like it. Better than getting high, drunk, whatever. Maybe even better than--" she glances down at Kirk, eyes catching a brief twinkle, "Well, you know."
[Palace of Tina]

The drow laughs. "I'm not sure about that." He looks down, but faces some unexpected vertigo. He sticks instead to looking out horizontally. "It is beautiful out here, though." He turns his eyes back to her before completing that sentence, the dual intent clear.
Shadowcaller wrote: Oct 23, 2022 12:08 pm [Spookysitting]

"Trick or treat!" The kid's voice can be heard from beyond the veil she's wearing over her mouth as she quickly puts away the two skeletons and holds up a colorful cloth bag expectingly. It's completely empty.

If she heard Lei's question she seems to have chosen to ignore it.
Arkhosia wrote: Oct 24, 2022 5:59 pm [Spookysitting]

"Um-" Leis blinks, looks around and then spots Orlane. "Hey, uh, do you guys have any Spooktober candy? She doesn't feel comfortable with just shooing the kid off outright.
[Spookysitting]

Orlane perks up. She's been spotted! "Ummm, yeah! But mommy says we're not supposed to take any on our own." She adds. "But... I guess this is different. It's in the kitchen in one of the high cupboards."
~Images by Soushiyo
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Shadowcaller wrote: Oct 26, 2022 3:07 pm Nightly Visit

Strider's limb moves stiffly as its shaken and pulls back into the water once Jim has let it go. The hair on it felt peculiar to say at least. Not like a dog or a cat's, or any other animal he might have touched in the past. It feels extremely soft, almost like touching silk. Incredibly warm too as somehow it's completely dry.
"'fraid people don't end up here, just parts of 'em. But I'm sure your gal's explained this to you already."

"Ehh, some of it." Jaahlyn admits as she turns to Jim. "But, ah, Strider is supposed to take us across if we climb up on him. He'll lower himself down and we just... climb up. Nothing's more to it really."
Nightly Visit

"Yeah, she's told me some." Jim says with a nod.

"Climb up on him? Uh, yeah okay."
He hopes that there's something to hold onto. Otherwise things might get a tiny bit precarious.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Bellamy House]

"Oh I see. It does look very bouncy," Reinholdt confirms. He'd likely require a demonstration from Annie if there had been opportunity. Alas.

Reinholdt looks over to the lockpicking fox and represses an eyebrow raise. What exactly is Kitsuki and Obriane letting Ana train for here? Like... Rein's all for a good bout of thievery, but even he's aware that it's not considered socially acceptable. At least not kitchen table acceptable anyways. "And you must be Ana. Kitsuki has told me a lot about you," Reinholdt says with a gentle smile and a little bow. Well, not a lot per say, but there was some discussion about the HALO visit in particular. Rein's just going to play it as a lot though. People enjoy being talked about more than most would say!

Obriane is eager to get started though, an understandable energy brought about through anxious nerves. Reinholdt awkwardly shakes her hand when prompted, as if they hadn't met. "Manja," Reinholdt tells her, taking pride in his daughter's ability to get up the stairs and insisting on the use of her name. Taking the book in hand, he glances at the musty tome. He hopes he's not taking an important personal diary or something and this is an obscure published work, but even if it is the former, he can always return it after he's read it.

Placing his hand upon Harley's back and gently rubbing it in a gesture Rein hopes is comforting, he nods and moves into the room where Obriane had been sitting and takes a seat as requested.
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Gullara wrote: Oct 27, 2022 1:29 am [Spookysitting]

Orlane perks up. She's been spotted! "Ummm, yeah! But mommy says we're not supposed to take any on our own." She adds. "But... I guess this is different. It's in the kitchen in one of the high cupboards."
Keeper wrote: Oct 27, 2022 2:30 am Nightly Visit

"Yeah, she's told me some." Jim says with a nod.

"Climb up on him? Uh, yeah okay."
He hopes that there's something to hold onto. Otherwise things might get a tiny bit precarious.
Nightly Visit

As it turns out it's remarkably simple as Jim can hint Strider starting to move. He sees those long limbs disappear into the darkness and for a moment all he can do is hear things. Movements in the water.

Then he can see the hairy limbs and then something else move into the light. It might take him a moment to realize just what it is.

It's the back of what must be a gigantic turtles shell which lowers itself down until it touches the bank of the river.
"Just get up on my back." He can hear Striders voice chitter in the distance.

Jaahlyn will try to take this hand again and lead him towards the shell. "It's easier to climb than it looks." She remarks as she reaches out to touch it. "Then once we crossed we can climb out of here."

[Spookysitting]

The kid waits in silence, still holding out her bag expectingly. Her two skeletons seems to have landed onto the floor so they both look like they're staring up at Leis. For Halloween decorations they look amazingly realistic if somewhat small. As if they were the the remains of children.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Outside DFI]

Askeladd pauses, uncertain. Then he decides to give an honest answer in return for the honesty he's been given.

"Partly, but that's not the whole story, I fear. I needed to get away from my former friends in my homeland. There had been disagreements between us. Now that I am here, however, I wish to learn the stories of this land. Especially those that would otherwise be forgotten. And help those I can."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

[Bellamy House]

"Uh, yeah. It's... nice to meet you," Ana replies, a little surprised. A lot about her? Was she like, really that special to talk about? A-and wait, what sort of stuff? She doesn't seem to pick up Rein's suppressed judging, however. In her mind, lockpicking is a perfectly socially acceptable hobby - after all, there's whole Magtube channels on it!

Obriane's awkward rush into conversation certainly steals Anastasia's attention though, and she looks between her parents and the other pair of parents. Her brow furrows. Wait, did that mean that Obriane -

"Huh? Um, yeah, sure." The kitsune looks a little disappointed as she gets up from her chair. "Hey Annie, do you want me to carry you over? It might be a bit of a walk." She offers her sister a hand and smiles a little awkwardly.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Bellamy House]

Harley gives a shake with her hand, too. Less stiff, more overly firm.
Manja, too, isn't against it. But with the hand approaching, she tries to give a slap, like a high-five. But with her fingers balled in.

As Obriane tries to talk as quickly as possible and basically confirms what Rein said, Harley bites her lip. She was able to deduce there was at least some magic-adjacent stuff involved, and....yeah. This is it.
This sort of stuff is why Harley was scared of fairies as a child. And why magic and anything like it still leaves a distaste in her mouth, even today when she literally uses magic to fight.

...Well, admittedly, the back-touching is helpful.

Harley moves to the chair. And lightly tugs Manja towards the small chair, and tells her that chair's here for her and she can sit in it. (Which, she does. Sitting on a tiny chair is novel enough that she finds it entertaining enough to do for now)

The shapeshifter woman glances down at the book.
There's a couple notable questions she has...she debates whether to wait for it to be brought up, to glance through the book for it, or to ask at it in a roundabout way.
First, though, Harley glances back to check if Annie and Ana have left yet.

To direct what direction she wants the start of the explanation, Harley asks, "So when that happens, you don't have control over your actions, like someone else is doing it. Is it just like someone else controlling, and that's it? Or is there more to it than that?"
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Bellamy House]

The book wouldn't be very easy to just read through due to a number of factors that will be apparent to those that flip through it.
First off there's no table of contents or preface/summary at the start.
Secondly, it's handwritten in a style that isn't immediately easy to decipher. It can be read but sections of it are harder to read than others, especially before one gets used to the writing.
Third, there's a lot of terminology used in it that combined with the handwriting makes it difficult for a layman to comprehend certain passages and sometimes entire pages. Would likely require some focused reading and perhaps even a list of definitions since this seemingly written by an academic for other academics in the same field.
Rein has also seen some of Obriane's handwriting and while there's some similarities it was clearly not her writing this.

"Manja." Obriane repeats with a nod at the child.
Then she turns to Manja's mother and first takes a moment to just stare at her incomprehensibly for a moment. "Uh... what would the difference be? Since... uh, it's like a fey living inside of me that takes over. It's hard to explain. It's like its me but not me. Like you're dreaming that you're someone else. Afterwards I can remember that I dreamed but not much more than that."
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Gullara wrote: Oct 27, 2022 1:29 am [Palace of Tina]

The drow laughs. "I'm not sure about that." He looks down, but faces some unexpected vertigo. He sticks instead to looking out horizontally. "It is beautiful out here, though." He turns his eyes back to her before completing that sentence, the dual intent clear.
[Palace of Tina]

Fettina blushes just a little in spite of herself, her cheeks turning a creamy orange, and she holds Kirk a bit closer. "Thanks." She manages, in a small voice, just loud enough that it won't be carried away by the wind. She flies them a bit lower, whisking treetops as they pass. An awkward bubble of laughter follows. "I guess the whole 'mom' thing is going to start putting a dent in the hotness factor, though..."
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

[Outside DFI]
Morty wrote: Oct 27, 2022 8:29 pmAskeladd pauses, uncertain. Then he decides to give an honest answer in return for the honesty he's been given.

"Partly, but that's not the whole story, I fear. I needed to get away from my former friends in my homeland. There had been disagreements between us. Now that I am here, however, I wish to learn the stories of this land. Especially those that would otherwise be forgotten. And help those I can."
"I hear you."
"I think the stories here are in little danger of being forgotten, but if you need a place away from former friends, you are certainly welcome here."

They do wonder what sort of help, exactly, he's used to providing.
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Shadowcaller wrote: Oct 27, 2022 8:20 pm Nightly Visit

As it turns out it's remarkably simple as Jim can hint Strider starting to move. He sees those long limbs disappear into the darkness and for a moment all he can do is hear things. Movements in the water.

Then he can see the hairy limbs and then something else move into the light. It might take him a moment to realize just what it is.

It's the back of what must be a gigantic turtles shell which lowers itself down until it touches the bank of the river.
"Just get up on my back." He can hear Striders voice chitter in the distance.

Jaahlyn will try to take this hand again and lead him towards the shell. "It's easier to climb than it looks." She remarks as she reaches out to touch it. "Then once we crossed we can climb out of here."
Nightly Visit

Oh. Jim had been expecting...you know. Like a big spider.
From this experience it seems like Jaahlyn is the most normal psychopomp in here.
Still, goats know how to climb even if they're not mountain goats (which aren't actually goats??) so up the turtle shell they go.
"How long is the climb once we cross?" he asks to pass the time.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Gullara wrote: Oct 27, 2022 1:29 am [Spookysitting]

Shadowcaller wrote: Oct 27, 2022 8:20 pm [Spookysitting]

The kid waits in silence, still holding out her bag expectingly. Her two skeletons seems to have landed onto the floor so they both look like they're staring up at Leis. For Halloween decorations they look amazingly realistic if somewhat small. As if they were the the remains of children.
[Spookysitting]

"Sweet, thank you for letting me know!" Leis turns to the kid and pauses, briefly a little transfixed by the unsettling props the kid's brought with them. Are those - no, they couldn't be... right? "Alright, stay here and I'll be right back with your candy, okay?" And so Leis shall return in a minute or two with a handful of candy to pour in the kid's bag.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Bellamy House]

Annie grins up at Rein, but her mom's distraction is very successful. "Come on, Ana, let's go get a treat!" She urges. The girl's eagerness will aid in getting them out the door sooner than Ana might have hoped. That leaves just the three toddlers left. They've still got the various toys and playsets in the middle of the room to occupy them, and they largely stay focused on that, but they're a bit more muted than they were earlier. The tension in the room is not beyond them.

Kitsuki finds her own seat. She places her hands balled on her lap, clenched together. The way she rubs her thumb into her other hand is almost painful.

As Obriane explains she reflects on the situation personally. She does truly believe that Obriane herself bears no direct responsibility, outside of a farfetched claim that she should be able to control this being inside her. No, it's not Obriane's fault, but whose is it? It's not like Kitsuki herself has any such excuse. She was of her own mind, even if she didn't entiel;y feel herself during the encounter. It was her doing those things.

Kitsuki keeps her eyes down on her hands for now. She should be saying something; not just letting Obriane bear the brunt of this, but right now she feels like the weight of guilt is crushing her.

[Palace of Tina]

Kirk's eyebrows raise and his smile is replaced by an uncertain frown. "You... really want to do this?" It's all he can really ask right now.

[Spookysitting]

Orlane follows Leis back to the kitchen, and will help point out where the candy is found. It's a box of mini chocolate bars. The three sisters in the kitchen exchange a conspiratorial look as Leis turns to go back to the door, and each grab one to pocket. Then out of curiosity the whole group follows her back to the door to see what's going on. They'll keep their distance and watch, though.
~Images by Soushiyo
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Bellamy House]

"Have fun," Reinholdt says as Ana and Annie leave. Those two really seem to get along, don't they? How cute.

To be honest, Rein isn't entirely certain he wants Manja here either, but she's probably too young to remember whatever this conversation ends up as. Certainly not to the point that she travels back through time to this specific Spooktober just to stop it from happening.

So once Ana and Annie are gone he just focuses back upon Obriane, shooting frequent glances at both Harley and Kitty, trying to read the room. Oh. Nothing but awkwardness and guilt and upset feelings. Surrounded by seven upset women is honestly just terrifying, even if half of them are just playing with toys.

Reinholdt clears his throat to keep his voice from cracking. "How often has this fey taken control of you?" Obriane says it's a rare occurrence, but people tend to paint themselves in a nice light and numbers are a better indicator of frequency. He's wondering how concerned he should be having Harley and Manja in the same room as Obriane. Though, would it be all that bad if they met the Other Obriane? She- he? was rather... glorious.
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Keeper wrote: Oct 28, 2022 5:39 pm Nightly Visit

From this experience it seems like Jaahlyn is the most normal psychopomp in here.
Still, goats know how to climb even if they're not mountain goats (which aren't actually goats??) so up the turtle shell they go.
Arkhosia wrote: Oct 29, 2022 1:08 am [Spookysitting]

"Sweet, thank you for letting me know!" Leis turns to the kid and pauses, briefly a little transfixed by the unsettling props the kid's brought with them. Are those - no, they couldn't be... right? "Alright, stay here and I'll be right back with your candy, okay?" And so Leis shall return in a minute or two with a handful of candy to pour in the kid's bag.
Gullara wrote: Oct 29, 2022 4:22 am [Spookysitting]

Orlane follows Leis back to the kitchen, and will help point out where the candy is found. It's a box of mini chocolate bars. The three sisters in the kitchen exchange a conspiratorial look as Leis turns to go back to the door, and each grab one to pocket. Then out of curiosity the whole group follows her back to the door to see what's going on. They'll keep their distance and watch, though.
Keeper wrote: Oct 28, 2022 5:39 pm Nightly Visit

[Spookysitting]

Once Leis returns she will find the kid and the skeletons gone.
Instead there's a word that has been spray painted on the floor outside the door.

TRICK

As soon as she reads it there's a inhuman cackle.

EHEHEHEHEEH!

But as eerie as it sounds what's more concerning is its source. Since it was coming from somewhere inside the apartment.

The girls inside no doubt hearing the haunting laughter as well. Seemingly coming from the very walls of their living space.

Nightly Visit

It can hardly be said to be a normal turtle shell either since once Jim gets closer he can see that it too is covered in a fine fur, much like those legs. They make it considerably easier to climb on top of Strider though.
"Just as long as it took to climb down here so not long at all." A beat. "Depending on your perception of time of course."
She then starts to climb up the shell, clearly having done this before. Offering Jim a hand to help him up once she's on top of it.
But Jaahlyn then continues. "This isn't really the land of the dead, y'know. More the land of... suppressed emotions. The dead hand out down below us and all these rivers are manifestations of the emotions they leave behind before going there." She explains, perhaps feeling she needed to since Strider had been asking about it.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Outside DFI]

"Thank you for your offer." Askeladd bows.
"I have learned a lot by coming here. If you wish to know something of me or hear one of my stories, I'd be glad to provide."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Nightly Visit

"I think you've mentioned it before." Jim muses.
"So like...where do the souls actually go? Do they just get reincarnated or something?" They have to go SOMEWHERE.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Nightly Visit

"Down into the deeps. The final circle if you will." The satyr gestures downwards. "The souls keep breaking down until they get there and then..." She shrugs. "I'm not sure, but new souls can be found down there too. I imagine it's like a recycling station, y'know? Things are completely broken down and then reassembled. Or that's my theory at least. You don't want to stay around to find out."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Nightly Visit

Jim pales a little.
"Well. I'll just hope that I get to go to a different afterlife, then. No offense."
Most of them sound a lot nicer than that.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Nightly Visit

Jaahlyn rubs the back of her head as if feeling awkward that Jim figured this afterlife was so awful. "It's not really an afterlife. People die and we just take care of the remains. And it's not like all of them get down here either." She gestures upwards. "Some parts stay around while others go up to the aether and that place is pretty nice." Jaahlyn smiles. "Maybe we can go there sometime."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Bellamy House]

Harley isn't upset! She's just...
...just fine, I guess.

Or something like that. Probably.
Well, the answer's a start. The big key things she wants to find out is the likelihood if it happening again, and she suspects there was some kind of mind-control involved so that factors into things. Who shares how much blame, who made what decision, what kind of mind-control was it, motivation, if it'll happen with them again, or if Reinholdt just happens to have a certain weakness to certain personalities that this Otherbriane has, or, or, or, or....
There's a dozen different questions, ways this could go, things she wants to find out, things she could feel, things she's already decided not to feel that are all racing through her mind and Harley really wishes she had come up with a list and written it down earlier.
She nods.
Yeah, okay. Reasonable answer, she supposes.

It's very fortunate that Rein asks a question that's in the same line of thought.
She bites her lip, looks at Kitsuki, as if expecting looking at her would help Harley get a read on what she thinks about it, then back at Obriane.

Manja, meanwhile, is starting to enjoy all the interesting faces and feelings people are giving off.
It's not really something she's seen very often, plus! New people! New place! New emotions! It's all very novel. And tense. That's how she should be feeling, too, right?
She giggles.

Nearby

Sirena, arguably coincidentally, is nearby. Probably not because she's a time-traveler or anything like that! But, yeah, she's been waiting long enough. She looks at her watch, to double-check the season and the year (don't want to make that mistake again!). Finally, here's a decent chance to mess the timeline up. Next chance would require messing with Vigil, and...well, if she can't pull this off then she doesn't like her chances of angering Vigil.

Sirena is a woman who's wearing a low-cut top, short shorts, a leather jacket, and has a fluffy tail. And aviator sunglasses. And a long pink stripe of hair.
Well, that actually quickly changes. She closes her eyes, focuses really hard and is suddenly a liongirl, with a white tail.

She sees Anne and Ana come out of the Bellamy house. She scans them with her watch, so that she can check how dangerous they could be... "Huh...? Better keep my distance, then." she says to herself.

She leans against a building façade and waits.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Nightly Visit

Jim raises an eyebrow as he considers the suggestion.
"The aether? But isn't it all-" -he waves his hands-
"wibbly wobbly immaterial stuff?"
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Bellamy House]

"Have fun you two." Obriane interrupts the discussion just to bid the two girls farewell before they leave the apartment.

Then she turns her attention back to Rein and Harley. "It has happened three times in my life so far." She remarks, evidently having been prepared for this exact question. "Once when I was a teenager and twice since I met Kitty. But I think that's because there's more strange things in the nexus which can, uh, trigger me." As long as she focused on facts she wouldn't have to think about anything else. "It happens when I'm in an area of high... spirit-" She wasn't sure about this term but it had been a while since she had read the book. "-energy. Though it's a bit more complicated than that. Otherwise it would happen every time I'm in a particularly haunted house. There needs to be high-concentration of fey involved. Like when they manifest physically in particular."

She gestures to Kitty. "It's not like just being around-" A beat. "Uh, you did know that Kitty is fey, right?"

Nightly Visit

"Oh, yeah, that's actually a word that can mean a lot of things. In this instance it refers to the sky rather than all the immaterial stuff. It's also known as the celestial, the firmament or, well, heaven." Jaahlyn looks out into the darkness for a moment. "But if that's heaven it would make this hell, wouldn't it? So I, ah, prefer the aether as it's more neutral y'know? Some parts of us go up in the sky while others go down into the earth and it's not like we get to experience it. We're dead and our remains are just being taken care of."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Bellamy House]

Kitsuki looks up when she's mentioned directly. "Um, technically. I don't really know too much about it, but apparently I am." She adds. She's not really sure if it's super relevant, aside from the point Obriane has raised already.
Thursday Violist wrote: Oct 31, 2022 9:14 pm Nearby

Sirena, arguably coincidentally, is nearby. Probably not because she's a time-traveler or anything like that! But, yeah, she's been waiting long enough. She looks at her watch, to double-check the season and the year (don't want to make that mistake again!). Finally, here's a decent chance to mess the timeline up. Next chance would require messing with Vigil, and...well, if she can't pull this off then she doesn't like her chances of angering Vigil.

Sirena is a woman who's wearing a low-cut top, short shorts, a leather jacket, and has a fluffy tail. And aviator sunglasses. And a long pink stripe of hair.
Well, that actually quickly changes. She closes her eyes, focuses really hard and is suddenly a liongirl, with a white tail.

She sees Anne and Ana come out of the Bellamy house. She scans them with her watch, so that she can check how dangerous they could be... "Huh...? Better keep my distance, then." she says to herself.

She leans against a building façade and waits.
[Foxes Snacking]

Sirena will notice the kids pause by the door for a moment so Annie can hop onto Ana's back for a piggyback ride? Hope Ana's feeling strong. The kid's not light! Then they're off down the street.

"Can I hold the money?" Annie asks after an errant thought strike her. "What're you gonna get? I want a choco taco." She asks chattily.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Spookysitting]

"Alright, here -" Leis approaches the door and then suddenly freezes, staring at the spray-painted words in shock. She's about to lean out and look for the kid when the laughing begins. "What?" Leis spins around, her face pale. "Oh gods, not again!"

Slamming the door shut, Leis runs back to the kitchen and tries to gather up the kids, looking around for any signs of something else in the surroundings. "Um, hey, you guys don't get any ghost problems around here often do you?"

[Foxes Snacking]

"Ngh!" Ana grunts, hefting her younger sister up and starting off down the sidewalk. Man, she is heavy. But it's fine! She's been working on building her general strength lately, and the walk isn't too far. Besides, she's done it before.

"I don't think I have a hand free right now," she points out with a laugh, then tilts her head and thinks for a second. "and huh, I dunno really. Maybe, like, a chipwich or something?" Now that Annie mentioned it, some ice cream wouldn't be bad.

Ana's danger level might be variable, considering the way Sabrina's watch assesses her. She's not currently dangerous, but her latent kumiho nature might register something.
~Welcome to Night Vale